Username Post: I've lost the screw to the handle of my Cuttlebug!        (Topic#1666871)
Nancy285
New Kid On the Block
Nancy285

I called Provo Craft and they say they can't help since they no longer make the version of the machine I have (the lime green one.) Does anyone have any idea what size the screw is? I do have a big machine (Grand Calibur), but I really want to keep this smaller one working because it is so much easier to take places. thanks in advance for any suggestions other than "buy a new one!"
Products Referenced in This Post:

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 08-10-17 12:54 PM
In response to Nancy285

Take it to your local hardware store, they can get you the right size.
I have lost a few screws in my life, but the hardware store couldn't help me.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to don1

Good advice about the hardware store.

I also have the original green one, but wouldn't be able to describe the type of screw without removing it and taking it to a hardware store.

By the way, I liked the new Anna Griffin gold one shown on HSN, with a handle that fits inside. I ordered it and then returned it because I liked the original one better. It's sturdier, has a longer platform when it opens out, and the handle is more stable. I had trouble turning the new style handle because it tended to move out to the side while turning. So newer isn't always better, just prettier.

Edited by Solitaire on 08-10-17 01:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
Take it to your local hardware store, they can get you the right size.
I have lost a few screws in my life, but the hardware store couldn't help me.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Luvmyfam

Yep. If you take your machine in to them they'll try different ones in it until they find the right one.

As for Don's problem, there IS no help!

Vivian Lake
Idol
Vivian Lake
In response to dwelch

I never had the screw to begin with. I just place the handle where it's suppose to go and it still works. Turned out to be blessing in disguise that I can remove the handle when packing for scrapbook retreats. LOL

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics