Username Post: Customized paper        (Topic#1666873)
ahsiar 
New Kid On the Block

Does anyone know if it is possible to order 12 x 12 paper that we can customize? I am doing some traveling next year and I cannot find scrapbook paper for specific countries that I will be visiting.

Or does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do?

Thank you!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to ahsiar

I make most of my background papers, but I have a wide format printer. (HP B8550, but there are newer models available.) Without a wide format printer, you could still make strips or sections of customized backgrounds and piece it together, covering the seams with frames, roads, etc. I have a ton of paper/cardstock, but it seems like I never have exactly what I want. With a little creativity, you should be able to print the backgrounds that will work the best for you. Have fun traveling!

ThriftyJenny
Tenant
ThriftyJenny
In response to mrsdriver5

You could order a 12x12 print from persnickety. I haven't printed with them, but I see members raving about then pretty often. You could also try your local print shop

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ThriftyJenny

What countries are you looking for?

ahsiar 
New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

Around Asia. But the one country I can't find a paper on is Nepal.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ahsiar

Okay. I'm going to send you a private message with links to a couple places that do custom papers.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to aquabunny

Check www.scrapyourtrip.com. They might have something already.

Resident
In response to Lamoo12

Both scrapyourtrip and stampingstation might be able to do custom 12 x 12 paper, but it might get rather expensive. I would second making 12 x 12 prints at Persnickety. Or if you have a die cut machine that can tie in to the internet could you find something to make your own die cuts? For the Meteor Crater in Arizona I wasn't able to find anything so I scanned the logo from a bag from there and made my own.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ahsiar

I used to make my own backgrounds with rubber stamps it is great fun & looks great maybe you could find some rubber stamps that has something in the countries trees from lands that have forests, animals that are there too I know there are rubber stamps that have oriental symbyles I had lots of them. you could stamp the oriental symbol as a backround. :)there is tons of free clipart out there & digital stamps too. I am sure that you could find something that would work

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I just did a search of some things that might work for you.

Go into Google Images.

Search Nepal maps - tons of maps you could use for background paper or accents.

Search Nepal flags - hundreds will come up and you could choose one for your layouts.

Search Nepal stamps - hundred of different stamps and I've used stamps from Google Images on layouts before. Works great!

The best search though in Google Images - Search Nepal Clip Art! Oh my gosh - so much wonderful stuff - nice titles and all kinds of things you can print and cut out or use as a background!

ahsiar 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Henri Jean

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions. I really appreciate it! 😁

Resident
In response to ahsiar

You might also check Etsy. Looked like they had some Nepal scrappy items.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics