Username Post: Spine Cover for Expanded Post Bound Album        (Topic#1666885)
New Kid On the Block

I have made a beautiful and LARGE scrapbook for my daughter's first year. It is approximately 3" wide with all the dimensional elements on the pages. I have swapped out the normal post bound screws for larger screws to give the book better stability. My only issue is that the spine cover that came with the scrapbook is not large enough to cover the spine anymore. Are there other alternatives that I could buy to cover it? Are there other ways to make a spine? The book itself is pretty sturdy but I feel like a spine over would add some additional stability and also look prettier. I have been scrapbooking for years but I have never made such a large book before so this is new territory for me. Any help is appreciated! Breaking the book into smaller books is not an option

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to sprky182

I started out using strap hinge albums and pushed the limits of the binding more than once. The binding comes out and it can be made larger. With post-bound, you don't have this option.
I'd want to attach it to the inside covers. I'm thinking maybe tyvek which I've used to make the spines on mini albums.
I'll be curious to see what other ideas are out there.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to gluemore girl

The only thing I can think of is making a new one your self. That is going to involve cutting to size, gluing with strong enough glue to hold, punching holes.........
I wonder if you can make a spine out of canvas, burlap, or heavy outdoor type material to cover a flexible piece --- like the plastic school binders. If you take the original spine out to use as a pattern of sorts. It would have to be made wider of course.
You could just cut some flexible colored plastic as a spine without covering it with fabric.

Just the thought of taking part a large finished post album gives me the shakes!! It is not my favorite thing to do!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I must say that I have not tried this myself!! Just a thought.

New Kid On the Block

Interesting, where would I find Tyvek? Does it come in small sheets or a roll? I'm not really familiar with it other than as siding

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to sprky182

I was thinking moving the pages into a 3-ring album?

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I was thinking moving the pages into a 3-ring album?

That is why I switched to 3 ring... they can hold a lot more pages.

Tyvek is sold in rolls or you can buy it in sheets at office supply stores. I bought a black tyvek roll at a LSS.
Try Amazon.

New Kid On the Block

I'm having trouble finding a large enough D ring binder in the color that I want. I purchased one that might work, it says it is 2.75 inches but we'll see if it fits. Do you have a good place to buy extra large D ring albums? I can't seem to find any bigger than that.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to sprky182

How many pages are you trying to fit? I've filled some three-rings pretty well, almost to where they fan out at the open end, but they fit.

But really, anything longer than ten pages in a post bound, and any length of ring album, is gonna be. floppy at the spine.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to aquabunny

I got several 3" d-ring binders at JoAnns but they are red. Using them for grandson's school albums .

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics