Username Post: Printing on glitter cardstock?        (Topic#1666887)
New Kid On the Block

Hi! I'm looking for a white sparkly paper that can be printed on with a laser or inkjet printer but not have the glitter fall off. Does anyone know of a good one? Or alternatively, is there a way to make the cardstock shimmer after printing but also not have the glitter fall off everywhere? Thanks!!

Edited by Craft-E on 08-14-17 06:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Craft-E

Shimmer or glitter? If it's just shimmer you want, I'd try one of Bazzill's shimmer papers.

Edited by cindy312 on 08-14-17 07:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to cindy312

Thanks Cindy312! Basically looking for printable cardstock that has some glitter built-in. I tried a Core'dinations brand one but it didn't print evenly.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Craft-E

• Craft-E Said:
? Or alternatively, is there a way to make the cardstock shimmer after printing but also not have the glitter fall off everywhere? Thanks!!

Pearl Glimmer Mist, as long as your ink is water resistant.

ppilgrim
Guru
ppilgrim
In response to aquabunny

Print it in bold (dark as you can) put some kind of double-sided adhesive film on top of it (Ranger makes one, so does SookWang) and then cover it with fine, transparent mica. Once the mica is burnished onto the surface, it's going to stay stuck.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to ppilgrim

Paper Wishes sells a clear vinyl that has holographics on it (it is sparkly like glitter). Print your stuff on plain paper, then lay this stuff over it. I did a girl in a skating costume and the glitter looked like snow.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics