Username Post: Scrap Space??        (Topic#1666897)
bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Where do you scrap? What does it look like?
Tell us all about it!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

I scrap in my scraproom. It's a 10 x12 room with a fountain outside the window. It is my sanctuary, my safe haven. The closet is set up with shelves and racks for supplies. I have 7 layouts framed and on the wall; there are also 22 Pocketletters hanging up. I love to be surrounded by the beauty of this hobby.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to bonprof

I scrap in the back area of my 1/2 basement level family room. The family room was remodeled and painted last year so it's a more inviting space. My cozy scrap area is located behind the sofa area so I can watch TV with the family or just be by myself. There's even room to add a couple of small tables for friends.
The colors are soft palladian blue and white and I have pictures that my kids made framed and hanging next to my Ikea kitchen island which is my work table. Shelves behind me (left by previous owner) house all my supplies yet I can close them off from view with rattan curtains if we entertain.
Next to my space is my home office as I had a countertop built in along one whole wall. I can do bills or homework here instead of the kitchen, lol.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to gluemore girl

I have my own room. It's my happy place that I still haven't figured out how to decorate the way I want. LOL.

Been in this room almost two years.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to Vivian Lake

Special Table By Bonprof

a little section of my scraproom that I really adore.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to bonprof

I have my own room but it is the smallest bedroom of the house - about 8 x 10 and even smaller once you get in all the storage items. It has a small closet that I have a bookcase in to keep all my completed albums. But it has a door and is my happy place.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to scrappy_day

I scrap in what was the dinning room. Honey has his computer in one corner. And I have the rest. I have an extra bedroom I could turn into a craft space and a separate office building. But I like my dinning room just fine. What does my craft space look like? 2 words...... A Hot Mess.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to southgirl

I have a room that I LOVE. I redid it a few months ago.

http://www.cindyderosier.com/2017/05/scraproom-mak eover...

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to cindy312

I have a 9x9 room ... maybe it's 9x10, I don't remember from the last time I measured it! We rent, so I can't really decorate the way I want, but I do have just about every inch of space covered that can be covered! I was working on reorganizing it a month ago, then I got a bad case of bronchitis & an ear infection and ended up on antibiotics (after I suffered for 3 weeks!!). Now I'm in the process of putting together photos for my grandma's memorial Saturday. I'll get back to what I started eventually!

But, I did take the doors off the closet and turn that itty-bitty space into the spot for my sewing machine, and I was able to use the shelves for storage! It didn't open up A LOT of space, but it did help some!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to MrsCDJ

I have a craft room, not sure of size but its a decent-sized room. It's really a bedroom but it works. I have an 8' table for scrapping and computer and my scrapbook printer is on it.

My husband's desk is behind me but my desk had a window right over my computer top so I can watch the world go by.

Bill's desk is near the other window, but the window is to the side for him. I have a better view.

I like sharing my space with him. We talk and chat while we both work. I work quietly sometimes and other times, we talk and share while I work.

He spends a lot of time working outside and running errands and doing things so part of the time I'm in here along.

He's a good craft roomie.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 08-17-17 03:37 PM
In response to Henri Jean

Here are 3 views of my studio. https://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/155177/view /5375569...

Edited by don1 on 08-18-17 06:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to don1

Scrap room after By Mrsmiller

This is supposed to be our master bedroom but I switched it with the sitting room which is just on the other side of the double doors.

You all should post some pics of your spaces! I am enjoying reading your descriptions but I'd also love to see them.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to mrsmiller

Beautiful rooms!!

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Scrap room after By Mrsmiller

This is supposed to be our master bedroom but I switched it with the sitting room which is just on the other side of the double doors.

You all should post some pics of your spaces! I am enjoying reading your descriptions but I'd also love to see them.

Well . . . I can't top that. Beautiful room!!!!

I have too many small piles everywhere. I clean them up of course, then immediately make another small pile . . . or two. LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vivian Lake

Your room is fantastic! WOW! So much space!

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 08-18-17 08:13 AM
In response to Henri Jean

I had forgot to add the shortcut.
Here are 3 views of my studio. https://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/155177/view /5375569...

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to don1

All these beautiful rooms! My room is not that organized so I won't force anyone to look at my mess!

ppilgrim
Guru
ppilgrim
In response to scrappy_day

I scrap in my craft room. It's actually the master bedroom of my new home, but it's got more space and better light than any of the other bedrooms. It's a work in progress, and I doubt it'll ever be "gallery ready," but I love it nonetheless.

BethB625
Veteran
BethB625
In response to ppilgrim

I love seeing everyone's creative spaces. Here is my scraproom. It's not this clean at the moment!

Edited by BethB625 on 08-18-17 05:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to BethB625

This has turned out to be a fun discussion!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to don1

Love your space Don!!

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to bonprof

https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/source/61/613 793/IMG_...

Hope that link worked. Please note that it does NOT look this neat anymore! DD has been home and crafting which I love but not the ensuing mess
Love seeing everyone's spaces. I've been clicking on gallery links to see.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

NICE SPACES! I love seeing and hearing about everyone's craftrooms...I LOVE mine....I have pics in my gallery under scraproom, need to update as I made a couple of changes-always organizing! LOL!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to MarciLB

Love it Gluemore girl!!

Marci, yours is so awesome too.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to bonprof

This is my new space in our downsized home.
But my scraproom is bigger here- gotta have priorities !!
BUT- now DS has moved back home temporarily, so I now have a queen sized bed in here too.
I keep reminding myself it's temporary !! Hopefully !!
New scraproom By ChansGram

dhscrapalot
Pro
dhscrapalot
In response to ChansGram

You all have nice scrap spaces. I need to take a picture of mine to post as I have the old picts in my gallery. I scrap in a walk in closet. I added a bunch of those white storage drawers from Michael's.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
This is my new space in our downsized home.
But my scraproom is bigger here- gotta have priorities !!
BUT- now DS has moved back home temporarily, so I now have a queen sized bed in here too.
I keep reminding myself it's temporary !! Hopefully !!
New scraproom By ChansGram

I feel your pain with this! I had a queen size bed in mine for a long time. DD finally picked it up and my room was heavenly. Then my DH started working at home and I now have a twin bed in my area. Sigh. At least no one is permanently living in the twin bed (for now)!! Someday our youngest will flee the nest and I can push the twin bed to his old room.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

I'm loving these pics. Everyone has such nice areas. I went to my gallery and realized that my pics are old! I've since added a Kallax, which I adore. My room is a mod podge of old, repurposed furniture, with a 6-foot folding table for my work surface. Nothing grand, but it works.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 08-20-17 10:05 AM
In response to Luvmyfam

These are great looking spaces, but soooo neat. Does anybody do stuff there?

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bonprof

mine is 9 x 9 I had a bigger space at he old house but the air broke & we could not afford to fix it plus it also leaked like many rooms. I am so grateful for my room here our beautiful home has no leaks & has air. I have a nice closet, a beautiful desk I bought & white scrap furniture

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to anda11

LOLOLOL Don....I cannot work in my room unless it is neat...yep-I make a mess while working-like a tornado sometimes!...

Trish--I have the same photo collage clock that you have!

Here is 1 updated photo I just took....
Updated space view Aug 2017 By MarciLB

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to MarciLB

Love it Marci!

Trish, yours is Awesome too.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to bonprof

All the rooms look and sound great!

Mine is very vintage looking.

Will clean it up and take current photos.

Lol. Don, mine gets pretty messy, but I always clean up between projects.

Edited by bonprof on 08-20-17 04:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 08-20-17 04:59 PM
In response to bonprof

I still waiting on the Scrapbook Fairy Godmother to show up.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to don1

I keep waiting for my fairy too Don . I have to keep somewhat contained b/c I share the space with my family and have guests over sometimes. In my last house the basement area was all mine except for the workout stuff and DH didn't care.

I enjoy my space b/c it is shared but also solitary if everyone is upstairs. If I want to be alone I put a chick flick on TV and I can have the whole room to myself

Enjoy seeing the spaces! Keep 'em coming!

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 08-21-17 12:16 PM
In response to anda11

Can we see? I am trying to get an area to scrap in in my home

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to ckair

What room are you looking to create a space in Ckair?

Veteran
  • 0612 on 08-22-17 10:54 AM

my room is in the unfinished part of the basement, oh how I would love a real room. I work from home and my office space is in the finish part of the basement, I have a spare bedroom I'm thinking of combining all together, but it is so small I'm not sure it will work for both. I started pricing furniture that I want and the cost would be over 2,000.00 so not sure it would be worth it.

Edited by 0612 on 08-22-17 01:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mlt725 
Tenant
In response to 0612

I don't have a scrap room, I live in a small house with my husband and three kids, but I have a small desk in the corner of my bedroom. I have to take the stuff off my desk to work on a project, and I use the bed, too. I don't have a huge stash of things. I do different things, like layouts, Project Life (monthly), and mixed media/ art journal projects. I like to paint and play with texture. This was a fun thread, thanks for asking!

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to bonprof

Not the lucky to have a scrap room....

living in my mom and dad's house... my bedroom... which is also full of a my stuff beaning a makeup and fashion blogger and youtuber... :P

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to Kitty_wOlf

Marci, that's funny about the clock!!
I love your space!!

Jen, it wouldn't be so bad about the bed had it been set up with the bed intending to be there-but it wasn't -
So the bed is literally just hanging out there!!
It's up against the right wall with the big white bookshelves.
Oh the things we do for our kids.

Don, of coarse we do things in our rooms and make plenty of mess- but for pictures ya gotta pretty it up!
It's kind of like picture day at school, wear nicer clothes and brush your hair!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to ChansGram

Thanks Trish..yours is gorgeous too and will be back to it once the bed is out!

RhondaR
Diva
RhondaR
In response to MarciLB

Wow! You guys have amazing spaces! I have a small bedroom but it's full to the brim with stuff and it's definitely not cute or pretty. Also, not very well organized, lol, but I can usually find what I'm looking for.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to RhondaR

So jealous.

I have a vertical corner of chaos. From the 2 sewing machines (one of which was a "can you use this? I've got a better one" gift that has never been out of the box) and all my watercolour and acrylic painting stuff and my scraps under the desk, to the 6 interlinking shelves up the walls in the corner, containing all my scrapbooking and card-making paraphernalia, every square inch is filled right up to the ceiling. There is a lot of accumulated, neatly piled or filed clutter and a lot of UFOs. I don't scrap any more but I do still love making cards. I ought to clear out the scrapping stuff really.

To my left is my husband's desk which makes my clutter look tidy, clean and organised. And dividing us is the printer which doesn't get used enough to be of any use at all when we do want it. My standard procedure is to print, curse, clean print heads AGAIN, print again, run out of special card, say some more rude words, and be late.

Patties passion
New Kid On the Block
Patties passion
In response to RedSquirrel UK

My scrapspace is in a corner of our bedroom, which used to be our garage and where our woodstove used to sit. [Our kids had the 2 bedrooms in the house and after they moved out, we moved my Dadum's in after he tripped/fell and broke his rib. So now he has his own bedroom and livingroom.}

It's a mess but heres a photo of my scrapspace. Everything is within reach. Sorry, can't remember how to post so it shows up without clicking on it...
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e1...
The larger desk my hubby and I built together when I first started scrapbooking after our first grandchild was born in 2002 and the white shelf hanging to the right of it used to sit on-top of the desk. But I decided to hang it above the organizing cubes and we built another shelf unit to hang above the desk. The desk to the left holds my pens, score-pal and cutting board.

I always seem to run out of room/space and the big desk becomes the clutter catcher. LOL But I still love my setup...

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 08-31-17 12:13 PM
In response to Patties passion

This week my scrap space is a vacant area between my ears.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics