Username Post: Project Life App        (Topic#1666923)
Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Anyone use it?

Please share w/ me your thoughts if you do.
Likes?
Dislikes?
I'm contemplating purchasing it to assist w/ my scrapbooking.

If you use it, do you actually print out the layouts?
What's the cost to do so?

Share anything else you think I may need to know.
TIA!

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Doreena

Hi there! I recently started using the Project Life app and LOVE it. It is super easy to use. Becky Higgins has lots of YouTube videos teaching about the app. 12x12 pages cost 1.99 to print and there is a flat $5 shipping fee. The $5 is great especially if you create a bunch of pages and then order them all at once. Although I do not see it replacing traditional scrapbooking for me-I just love paper, stickers, etc., it has been a great way to scrap some pages quickly and looks great right within my scrapbooks. What is really awesome about the app is that I can take pictures and just sit on my phone and create a page in minutes. The app comes with lots of "card kits" and layouts to use. I have purchased a few more digital "card kits" because they are so awesome! I now recommend this app to anyone who is thinking about getting into scrapbooking or is currently a scrapbooker to add to their current work flow. Happy scrapping!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Vintageivy

Thank you for the info.
Sounds like you use it the same way I intend to!
Yes, I agree it will never replace traditional scrapbooking for me as I too love paper layouts so much more and they are definitely more fun to play w/... but the amount of photos I take I will never be able to scrap them all even if I'm choosy, so I would like something I can do to help me scrap more photos than my traditional scrapping allows.
I figure if it allows me to get a few extra pages done here and there it will make the memory-keeping part of my life easier.
So glad to hear that the cost of printing/shipping is not expensive and that the layouts fit well w/ your traditional layouts!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

I've Googled "Project Life App" reviews (duh why didn't I think about that before?!) and it's received a lot of great reviews, especially as it gets updated and technology has gotten better.
Thinking I may go for it...

Anybody else?

Bueller? Bueller?!

Edited by Doreena on 08-22-17 10:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to Doreena

I have the app and I do have a couple complaints with it. Overall, I really like it, but....

One - You must save each individual page to the gallery on your phone when you're finished or save it to your cloud. If you don't (and you haven't had the chance to have them printed), you could lose all the pages you've completed if your phone crashes or you have to transfer all your info/pics/apps, etc over to a new phone. Unless your projects are saved, they will not be there when you reinstall the app on a new device. I didn't know this and lost 60 pages. I found out that when my husband transferred my pics over, everything was saved as a thumbnail and I had to save each thumbnail to my cloud and then try and reload them onto the app so I could save them properly. It can be done - but it's a total pain.

Please, make sure you save each project to your gallery/cloud!!!!

Two - I have it on both my phone and tablet. The cards will be on both the tablet/phone but any projects you are working on will not. So you would either have to take all layouts out of the gallery on the phone, transfer them into a folder and then transfer them back into the gallery on the tablet, so that you don't have to place 2 separate orders.

Three - They only print in 8x8 and 12x12 (maybe 6x8 and 10x10 - I'm not sure on those 2). If you use any of the speciality sizes like 6x12, you may wind up with a lot of empty space on the page. I don't know if there are page protectors that will fit those. You'd have to see which style would work for you. I've been scrapping a lot in 8.5x11 and I can't use the app for those pages.

Pros - It's a great way to catch up on your books when you're behind and not worried as much about using a lot of products - you can always leave room to embellish when you print it out.

- It's great when you're traveling and you want to get the stories down next to the pics before you forget it. You can always write down the story and print out your favorite pic to traditionally scrap later on.

- It's also a great way to kill time when you're sitting at the doctor's or in the school pick up line. Or at bedtime, if you have a few minutes and want to document the day quickly.

All in all, I really do like the app. When I lost my pics, I went onto facebook and emailed them and they never responded. Same with going on their fb page and asking questions when they post something. I have not had good experiences with their customer service. I do like that I can save the layouts on to an SD card and I can print them at Costco - their 12x12 is $3.99 though, it's a little more, but there's no shipping and no wait time.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to Monique_McCoy

http://beckyhiggins.com/project-life-app/

Check out their website and maybe you can find more answers and ideas to decide if you want to get the app or not.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• Monique_McCoy Said:
I have the app and I do have a couple complaints with it. Overall, I really like it, but....

One - You must save each individual page to the gallery on your phone when you're finished or save it to your cloud. If you don't (and you haven't had the chance to have them printed), you could lose all the pages you've completed if your phone crashes or you have to transfer all your info/pics/apps, etc over to a new phone. Unless your projects are saved, they will not be there when you reinstall the app on a new device. I didn't know this and lost 60 pages. I found out that when my husband transferred my pics over, everything was saved as a thumbnail and I had to save each thumbnail to my cloud and then try and reload them onto the app so I could save them properly. It can be done - but it's a total pain.

Please, make sure you save each project to your gallery/cloud!!!!

Two - I have it on both my phone and tablet. The cards will be on both the tablet/phone but any projects you are working on will not. So you would either have to take all layouts out of the gallery on the phone, transfer them into a folder and then transfer them back into the gallery on the tablet, so that you don't have to place 2 separate orders.

Three - They only print in 8x8 and 12x12 (maybe 6x8 and 10x10 - I'm not sure on those 2). If you use any of the speciality sizes like 6x12, you may wind up with a lot of empty space on the page. I don't know if there are page protectors that will fit those. You'd have to see which style would work for you. I've been scrapping a lot in 8.5x11 and I can't use the app for those pages.

Pros - It's a great way to catch up on your books when you're behind and not worried as much about using a lot of products - you can always leave room to embellish when you print it out.

- It's great when you're traveling and you want to get the stories down next to the pics before you forget it. You can always write down the story and print out your favorite pic to traditionally scrap later on.

- It's also a great way to kill time when you're sitting at the doctor's or in the school pick up line. Or at bedtime, if you have a few minutes and want to document the day quickly.

All in all, I really do like the app. When I lost my pics, I went onto facebook and emailed them and they never responded. Same with going on their fb page and asking questions when they post something. I have not had good experiences with their customer service. I do like that I can save the layouts on to an SD card and I can print them at Costco - their 12x12 is $3.99 though, it's a little more, but there's no shipping and no wait time.

Thanks so much for your input; I do appreciate it!

Of your 3 cons the only one I see pertaining to me is #1.
I don't use a tablet and the whole point of having the app is for me to use on my phone, not my desktop computer, so I don't see me having to worry about transferring my pages from 1 device to another.
Also I plan on only doing 12x12 layouts on the app as that is my standard Layout size IRL.

Thanks again for the info and I'll check out the link!

Edited by Doreena on 08-22-17 02:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to Doreena

Let me know if you like the app. I use my tablet more for journaling. I need new glasses & sometimes the little screen on my phone drives me crazy

One good thing about the app that I forgot to mention earlier is that the card sets are much cheaper through the app. They're 99ยข to $1.99 on the app, where the digital set might be $7.99 - 16.99 and the physical set is $14.99 - 29.99. If you wanted to print out Somme of the cards you use in the app, you could always make a 12x12 page of just cards and print it out off their site ($1.99 a page & $5 flat shipping rate). This way you have some cards on hand if you want to use them in a layout but you don't want 600 extra cards laying around. There's also a spot where you can make collage 4x6 with 2 pics - you can put the cards there and print them out at Walgreen's.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Thanks for the additional info!

BTW I purchased the app last night and have already made 3 pages, LOL
I used 22 of the 26 pictures from my 15th anniversary that have been sitting in my phone since July of last year!
(the other 4 photos I already made layouts with)

I am about to order them.
Since it's a $5 flat rate for shipping I figured I need to order at least 3 pages at a time to make it worth the money.

Anyway I have a feeling that if the pages look nice IRL, this may become an addiction, hahahaha!

But the way I see it, it's better to get the photos off my phone and into my albums, so as far as addictions go, this isn't a bad one to have!

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to Doreena

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

Make sure you share some of them

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Doreena

That is awesome that you have already created pages. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the quality of the prints when your pages get delivered!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Vintageivy

Thanks ladies....

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

The app works great for making photo collages to post on my Instagram also!

Palm Springs Comic Con 2017

Edited by Doreena on 08-28-17 07:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to Doreena

I Checked out your link. Your page looks great!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Thanks...and I received my prints from my order and they look amazing and they even got to me in half the time promised.
I am really glad I took the leap!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Okay here are my layouts:

2 Pager -
First WahlBurgers Visit (PG1) By Doreena

First WahlBurgers Visit (PG2) By Doreena

1 Pager-
15th Anniversary Highlights By Doreena

Super Easy!
Great Quality!
Fast shipping!
My pages were packaged in a way that there was NO WAY they would have got bent!
The pages are printed on Kodak paper and slide easily into a 12x12 Sheet Protector!
I'm definitely using this app again!

My total for the three 12x12 pages = $10.97
That includes shipping.
$3.66 a page, far as I'm concerned that's a bargain for getting your memories into your albums!

Patties passion
New Kid On the Block
Patties passion
In response to Doreena

I love using the app when I'm at the dr.'s office. Its quick and easy...

The only thing I would suggest is to order a few finished lo's the first time to make sure they print out nice.
{I ordered more than a few the first time I used the app and was disappointed with the results. But...it was probably due to having an older phone when I first used the app and not having the photo editing app that links to the PL app at the time.}

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Patties passion

• Patties passion Said:
I love using the app when I'm at the dr.'s office. Its quick and easy...

The only thing I would suggest is to order a few finished lo's the first time to make sure they print out nice.
{I ordered more than a few the first time I used the app and was disappointed with the results. But...it was probably due to having an older phone when I first used the app and not having the photo editing app that links to the PL app at the time.}

The layouts above were ordered from the app... the results are perfect! I'm very happy w/ the quality!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Doreena

I've been using that app for a while and I save it so I can print it out in my home country, not through them.

But I've been feeling like I sometimes want more craftiness on them so I have started using my embellishments etc just to add something extra that I feel I need sometimes. I'm very happy to have them done quickly with the app but I still want to touch it sometimes!

I do feel like they're totally done without any extras but I've got all these supplies left... and so many new cute things come out...

Can you tell I don't get to talk about scrapbooking much??

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to j_r_roberts

• j_r_roberts Said:
I've been using that app for a while and I save it so I can print it out in my home country, not through them.

But I've been feeling like I sometimes want more craftiness on them so I have started using my embellishments etc just to add something extra that I feel I need sometimes. I'm very happy to have them done quickly with the app but I still want to touch it sometimes!

I do feel like they're totally done without any extras but I've got all these supplies left... and so many new cute things come out...

Can you tell I don't get to talk about scrapbooking much??

Hahahaha!
Totally! JK

And I get what you mean!
I think that adding a few extras like say buttons, or stickers, etc... would help spruce it up while still being able to use the convenience of the App.
If you have any examples I would love to see!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics