Username Post: Donations        (Topic#1666945)
New Kid On the Block

Hi...My friend and I started a Facebook group called Scraps & Bits Wish Book Team in which we make 12x12 layouts, put them in books and deliver to Make A Wish for specific wish recipients...Our first wish list of 25 scrapbooks was recently delivered and was a big success...Our current list is for 33 books and with just a couple of members we are half way through it and then we just received the newest list also 33 books...As you can imagine with just two of us the cost is beginning to escalate...We have a couple of members who assemble pages and one other who actually contributes pages, so we have a long road ahead of us...I am currently reaching out to many companies and groups/forums in order to help us with supplies, pages, embellishments, etc. as it is becoming very expensive with just two of us buying all the books, papers, embellishments and also making the pieces and putting pages together...If anyone is interested in contributing or just seeing what we are all about let me know, thanks in advance...Just trying to help these Make A Wish recipients preserve their special wish...We would appreciate any help anyone can provide...We can be contacted at [email protected] or private message to our Facebook group Scraps & Bits Wish Book Team...Thank you in advance either way...

Tenant
In response to scrapsandbits1

Where are you located?

New Kid On the Block
In response to eflevin

I am in NY and my friend is in PA, met in another group and decided to make a go of doing these scrapbooks for the Wish recipients as a way to remember their trips...I have received two generous responses of donations of supplies and we truly appreciate all the help we can get so a huge shout out to those two generous people...Thank you again...

New Kid On the Block

Hi again. We are still looking for inexpensive supplies for our group which makes scrapbooks for Make A Wish recipients. A few have contacted me regarding donations which never came through, only 1 person sent unused supplies and we deeply appreciated them. If you are cleaning craft rooms and find things you no longer need we would gladly take them. As you all know scrapbooking can get expensive and we do 25-35 books per month for our Make A Wish location in Pennsylvania area and with few members who contribute it mostly falls to myself and my partner in PA so anything will help. Thank you in advance and Happy Holidays.

New Kid On the Block

I want to thank all who have sent in donations, truly appreciated. Thank you from my heart for those who have donated materials/supplies. As this is an ongoing thing we do, all donations are really helpful in helping us create these scrapbooks for Make A Wish recipients. It's a ton of work but the smiles on their faces when they receive them makes it all worth it. I have been cleaning my craft room and donating those "things I want to try" purchases to other groups in need so I know what it means to truly give from the heart and for that I am thankful. Still looking, so when you downsize or clean out your craftrooms keep us in mind. You can always visit our Facebook page to see what we accomplish. https://www.facebook.com/groups/19286543674198 84/ TIA for any assistance/donations you send in.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics