Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: 12 Days of Swapping Christmas Swap..HAVE FUN OPENENING!!!        (Topic#1667057)
ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Hostess: ScrapAngel4

Hi everyone! I have been doing this swap for 7 years now and it has been a success each year!

Pals out: 2 -3 days later
Kits received by your partner by: 12/7

Who can join?

Flakers need not apply! If you have flaked on a swap with anyone before - don't bother signing up. If I don't know about you flaking, someone else will surely let me know.

It is very important that those who sign up fulfill their obligation to their partner and get the package to them by the due date – not in the mail by the due date.

Life happens and things come up that might get in the way. The key is communication. It only takes a few seconds to post “just checking in” or “jci”. Be considerate. If you can’t get online at least once a week for a simple checkin - don’t sign up. If you can’t get your partner's kit in their hands by
the due date – don’t sign up.

Max 1 spot per person

If you have never been in one of my swaps before I must receive 3 referrals from hostesses whose swaps you have been in this year. And I will require you to mail out your pals gift by November 28th.

12 Days of Swapping
($40 gift swap)

This has some handmades, but the rest is all storebought. I figured by starting it now, everyone could work on the handmades (which are the tags and Christmas card) and then as it gets closer to Christmas you can start buying storebought items (since wishlists might change quite a bit from now to then).

This will be a SECRET PAL SWAP! DO NOT TELL YOUR PAL WHO YOU ARE UNTIL THEY OPEN THEIR FIRST GIFT!

You will send your pal 12 gifts total. Each is wrapped separately and has a handmade tag attached to it with the date your pal is to open it. You mail them all together along with a handmade Christmas card.

On December 13th your pal will open their handmade card. (in the past I have given a snack or a handmade item as an xtra token)

Then on December 14th they will open their first gift (labeled with that date).
Each day they will continue to open the gift labeled for that date up until December 25th when they open their last and biggest gift.
Hence, the 12 days of swapping - and why your pal must have their package by 12/7.

The fun part of this swap is when everyone posts what they have received on each day. In the past, some swappers like to wait until Christmas day to open all of their gifts which is fine too.

Rules:

1. Please do not send JUNK.. and what I mean is no old tattered, yellow looking items from your stash.

2. Take a peek at your pal's wishlist and see what they may like. You do not have to buy directly from their wishlist just use it as a guide. PLEASE NOTE: MOST PALS WILL PURCHASE ALL ITEMS FROM YOUR WISHLIST TO MAKE SURE YOU DO GET STUFF THAT YOU WANT. AND NOT JUNK!!!

3. The total value of the first 11 gifts (12/14-12/24) must be a minimum retail value $30. it works out as $3 a day. (you can go over, but that is up to you and not everyone can afford to do this)

The gift(s) that your pal opens on Christmas day must be worth $10 retail. (all NIP and storebought) It would be nice if this one gift was from your pals wishlist. I strongly suggest that you do this.

4. You may include handmades as one of the gifts on any given day (except the last day). Please pick something from your pals survey of things they could use.. ex.. a altered picture frame, maybe a box of handmade cards...etc...BUT IT MUST BE WORTH $3.00 OR MORE RETAIL

5. A survey will be made up and you must pm it to us before we give out the pals. IF I DONT HAVE YOUR SURVEY BY OCT. 1ST YOU MAY BE DROPPED FROM THE SWAP.

6. Your handmade card must be in an envelope for your pal to open.
Each days gifts must be individually wrapped, have a tag attached and labeled with the date to open.
All of these items must be mailed in one box to your partner.
Package your items well so that they arrive in one piece to your partner.
Your partner must receive it by 12/7. Don’t cut it close!!! Keep in mind the holiday mailing delays and weather.
You must purchase a Delivery Confirmation number for the package.
When you go postal you must post that number in this thread for all to see.

You must post:
• a couple times a week (check in), and
• when you receive your kit
Hopefully you will also post what you opened each day. Its really fun to see who gets what!

How To Join

1 - Post that you would like to join.
2 - Be sure to bookmark this swap
3 - Load up your sb.com wish list - keep updated!!!
4 - Then you will need to pm me the following information using the subject: “12 days of Swapping Survey”:

RECAP OF WHAT TO SEND TO YOUR PAL:

1. MAKE A HANDMADE CARD
2. MAKE 12 HANDMADE TAGS OR ATTACH BEAUTIFUL STOREBOUGHT ONES
3. SEND 12 WRAPPED GIFTS THAT ARE NIP. YOU MAY SEND A HANDMADE ITEM IF YOUR PAL STATES IN THE SURVEY SHE WOULD LIKE ONE!
(GO BY THEIR SURVEYS AND WISHLISTS)
4. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PAL RECEIVES IT BY 12/7.
5. HAVE FUN SHOPPING FOR YOU PAL!

Survey:

Screen name:

Name & mailing addy:

Colors you like:

Colors you don’t like:

Embellishments you like or would like to try:

Any new techniques you would like to try?

Did you go on vacation or planning on going on vacation?

What themes are you working on right now:

Do you have a favorite scrapbooking magazine?

What paper size do you prefer to scrap with?:

Anything Handmade you would like to receive: ie door hanger altered something (if you don't want any handmades at all please say so!!!)

Do you like sweets? If so what kind ie hard candy chocolate:

Embellishments you don’t like/want:

Any items you would like that are not on your sb.com wishlist (not in the sb.com store) Please be specific!!!

Please list 5-10 items from your wishlist that you really want:

Do you have any other wishlists to share with your partner? Provide links here:

Please tell your Pal a little something about yourself, your family, pets, scrapbooking style.. (favorite scrapbooking stores and/or companies) Please give as much information as possible so your pal can get you stuff that you like!!!

package sent and confirmation posted
rec. gift from pal

surveys rec.

means postal
means rec

SIGNUPS

1. Scrapangel4

2. pinkalicious

3. andrea m

4. Savvy Scrapper amie

5. scalvert2542

6. 2Buzy Scrapper

7. Bronxgirl59

8. donna50robin

9: Zoila aka Scrapangel 1

10. RachelUK

11. disneylisa

12. Monique_McCoy

13. Susiej782

14. Lorna Lee

15. scrapwriter

Edited by ScrapAngel4 on 12-16-17 06:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to ScrapAngel4

I'm in!! Love this swap!

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to bonprof

Me too!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to pinkalicious

I am in again. I look forward to this every year and have been watching the swap posts to see it come up.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to andrea m

Hello ladies! I hope you had an awesome summer!

Welcome back!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Yes, hope you did too.

Now onto cooler temps and fun events!
For example, this swap!

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to bonprof

I am in! I love this swap!

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to scrappy_day

Count me in again, please! I have already been looking up ideas for tags. Thanks as always for hosting, I look forward to this every year.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to scalvert2542

I sent in my survey. I'll update my wish list soon.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Yay! more beautiful faces!!!

I had a great summer also... But it went by too quickly!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Summer seemed to fly by but summer is a lot of work for me. I dont get to have much fun. I am looking forward to next month and some down time to be creative.

This swap is always the highlight of the end of my busy season when i gt to start having fun again. I am already coming up with tag ideas.

Veteran

This sounds like so much fun!
The hostesses that can vouch for me are bonprof and MarciLB. I have been in Marci's ATC swaps for a year, I believe- maybe even more.
Please let me know if I am eligible to participate.
Thank you :-)
Donnarobin

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper
In response to donna50robin

This is one of my favorite swaps!

I'm in this year again

last year was rough but i'm doing alot better in 2017

so count me in please i will send my survey when i come home from work.

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59
In response to 2BuzyScrapper

I participated in this last year and I loved it.. I was new and a little confused about where to post and all but im ready to do this again this year.. This year i know where to post and not so confused.. lol..I already sent in my survey.. TY!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Bronxgirl59

Welcome back ladies!

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

did you ever get my survey?

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59

hello Ladies!!
Just checking in and seeing what everyone is making in your craft area?
Im already thinking about making my tags for the 12 Days of Christmas swap.. and my card.. and a homemade gift.. i just need to start early..
The other day Kim Garza and myself were on skype and we made 5 christmas cards from Papercraft Magazine from London.. and they turned out so nice..
I was in London 2 weeks ago and brought a ton of those Magazines cause they are expensive here in the US. And I have a daughter in London who blessed me with lots more card crafting magazines etc..
anyways just wanted to pop in and say hi!
Does anyone live in Colorado?

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

Hello ladies,!!!!!1

popping in to say hi . what crafts are you ladies doing?

i'm thinking about my tags,card, and a home made gift for the 12 days of christmas. knowing me Margie and i will be on Skype craft making our tags. There alot of ideas for tags on pintrest how you spell it LOL

also i'm updating my wish list now there's so many new items
it's sad but when i got back to scrapbook .com and went to my wish list there was alot that was not there any more so i had to clean that up and lost over 200 items so now i got my work cut out for me to fill it back up.

have a wonderful night

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

I hope not too many ladies were affected by the hurricane.. My parents evacuated because the live in Florida.. They will be returning back to their house tomm. they heard their house is still intact.. Thank goodness!

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

Hi everyone!
Praying for everyone in Florida. My husband's cousin and wife live there. So far they are ok and safe.
I am updating my wish list. Is there an easier way to delete things besides doing it one at a time? Thanks for any help!

Veteran

Yay!! I just saw my name was added to the list!! (Jumping for Joy!!)

I've added things to my wishlist - it was empty.

Now going to do the survey.

Hope all family and friends in Florida and Georgia are fine. Just spoke with parents of a friend..they have no electricity but survived and so did their trailer with no damage, thank goodness. They hope the electricity will come on by this weekend.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

we need more peeps!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

It has slowed down so much around here. I usually see a ton of people signed up by now.

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59
In response to andrea m

hello everyone!
Just popping in to say hi and read my email.. I'm getting excited about the 12 days of Christmas event.. I cant wait to bless my secret pal this year..
My Christmas card is made.. this weekend I will be starting on my 12 tags.. I need to start early because i get so involved with other FB groups swaps..
Take care

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

Hello Ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well. A few of my friends in FL made it through the hurricane, but still no power.

As soon as I finish up a swap I am in, I will start thinking about tags and gifts for this swap.

Have a great night.

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

popping in , so how is everyone? i'm getting ready to craft with Margie this weekend i have Friday night and all day Saturday to play.

crafts i will be doing?

Christmas tags
Christmas cards:
faith base pocket letter:

hopefully get two done this weekend.

Happy Crafting ladies:-)

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

Bronxgirl, what is your name? I do not live in CO, but my son lives in Denver, if that helps, LOL!

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

Me again, Just for fun, indulge me in my quest for information.
How many of you ladies like Pumpkin Spice Coffee? Christmas Coffee? or any other flavored coffee or teas or creamers?

Who here likes coffee or tea better?

Who has a Keurig Coffee Maker?

How many like to bake Holiday Cookies? Cakes? Breads?

Who here likes the traditional Red and Green Christmas color theme?

Do you match your wrapping papers to your Christmas tree decorations? I do, LOL!

What are some other color schemes that some of you use in your home?

Do some of you have a Christmas traditions of collecting something or doing something every year with your family?

I really would like to know. Obviously, I have too much time on my hands right now, LOL! But, with the holidays and this swap, I just am curious to know what others do for the holidays.
Like me, I've already have my Fall Decorations up! I still have one of my many Christmas trees up from last year! Don't laugh, I do! It is my Pink one and I love it, so I kept it up....ALL YEAR LONG!

Please try to answer, then when we get our partners, it will help with getting to know each other.

Oh, my name is JoLena.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Jolena

I love coffee and tea . I usually drink french roast coffee with flavored creamer. I love pumpkin spice creamer. Chai tea is my favorite. I recently found a place that had decaf chai tea so i bought 5 boxes.
I only own a keurig no other coffee maker in my house anymore.

I bake every holiday and make homemade caramels. They are a Christmas tradition that my kids look forward to. We also have a special Christmas breakfast.

Most of my decorations have a traditional color theme.

I do not match my wrapping paper. I just choose what i like each year.

I am not a huge Christmas decorator overall. A few things go out and our tree of course. Now Halloween is a different story. I go all out for that.

We used to have Christmas traditions but we moved and can no longer do them. The one we still do is my kids advent calendars. When those come out they are so excite. They are cloth and each day they move their little wooden piece and get a treat. My kids are now 15 and almost 18 and it is still their favorite part.

I do make my own Christmas cards every year plus my moms. She Buys them from me.

Fun questions.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to andrea m

I keep thinking - I must find out if '12 days' is open, and then forgetting! Thank goodness I found it in time - please sign me up - I love this swap!

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to RachelUK

Rachel,
So nice to see you! Hope all is going well for you. I didn't get a chance to get to London. My dh fell the day we were suppose to leave and we ended up going to the hospital, instead. We did leave for Italy, 2 weeks later and just stayed in Italy. My son was there and had an awesome time!

Thanks, Andrea, for answering the questions. Come on ladies, play along so we can get to know each other!

Off I go. Have a great day!

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

hello ladies,

I did it i got one swap ready and my pocket letter all most done?

just need to do a letter. what a good feeling! i will be mailing on Tues

to Darlene Mcdonald.

Veteran

Hello JoLena :-)

I don't like anything pumpkin...not sure exactly why.. I do love snickerdoodle coffee, chocolate raspberry coffee and pecan flavored coffee. I also like all kinds of herbal teas except lemon isn't a favorite. I like flavored creamers also.

I LOVE my Keurig. I have a purple single cup one.

I help my adult daughter bake cookies at Christmas. We don't make many but she likes to put together a Christmas tree from Christmas cookies.

NOT a traditional red and green person. My tree is decorated with purple and silver decorations :-)

I DO try to find purple and silver wrapping paper :-)

Ok..so this may sound strange- I'm Jewish. I wasn't raised Jewish-so I have lots of fond memories of Christmas. Plus my soninlaw is Christian so we celebrate Christmas with his family . I put up a tree and decorations.

One holiday tradition is I have a Hannukah get together in my home every year and invite my friends and my soninlaw's family (who aren't Jewish). I make the traditional Hannukah food (soofganiot which are doughnuts and potato latkes) and we play the dreidel game. The Dreidel game was invented when Palestine was under Roman control. The Jews were not allowed to pray so they would disguise their getting together for prayers by playing a betting game with a driedel. The dreidel has letters on it- each letter represents either getting the whole pot, half the pot, nothing or putting something in. We don't play for money- we play for chocolate coins :-)

Edited by donna50robin on 09-17-17 02:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

Donna50Robin,
What is your name????? I'm stressing here, ladies.
Thanks for answering. I just learned something new from your post. Interesting.

So do any of you ladies like to read? If so, what type of books do you like?

I'm excited for this swap to start. Thanks Kim, for hosting!

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542

Just checking in, will send my survey in soon! Seems kind of slow around here. I'm starting to look into some creative/fun ways to wrap/box my pals goodies!

Veteran

• pinkalicious Said:
Donna50Robin,
What is your name????? I'm stressing here, ladies.

My name is Donna Robin Weinstein :-) I don't use the Robin much except for here to differentiate between myself and bonprof who is also Donna. :-)

I love to read- haven't had much time lately between working and crafting and family. I also love Audible.com. I listen to books being read to me as I craft.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

Hi everyone -
To answer JoLena's questions:

How many of you ladies like Pumpkin Spice Coffee? Christmas Coffee? or any other flavored coffee or teas or creamers?
I am not a coffee fan but I love chai lattes. I tried Starbuck's pumpkin spice chai latte the other day and oh my! Love it!

Who here likes coffee or tea better? Tea

Who has a Keurig Coffee Maker? I don't have one at home but there is one at work that I can use.

How many like to bake Holiday Cookies? Cakes? Breads? I don't bake. But I like to sample all the goodies!

Who here likes the traditional Red and Green Christmas color theme? I do

Do you match your wrapping papers to your Christmas tree decorations? I don't

Do some of you have a Christmas traditions of collecting something or doing something every year with your family?
We put up the tree together. I have young children and my daughter likes to help put the decorations on the tree.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

Good Morning Ladies,
Tammi, thanks for answering. See how fun it is to learn about other peoples likes and dislikes?
How are your little babies doing? How old is your son?

Today, I'm going to hang around the house and do some bills and cleaning and going to try to bake some Fall stuff. I've never baked "Fall" things other than Pumpkin Pie, but since my son is coming home for the weekend from Denver, I want to pack him up some things to take home with him. Off to buy some staples for baking.

Have a great day, ladies!

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

It is fun to learn about other people!
My daughter will be 4 in November and my son is 6 months old. I am doing Elf on the Shelf with my daughter for the first time this year. I'm kind of excited!

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59

my real name is MArgie Mellon

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59

i love pumpkin spice coffee .. i have a kurig? spell not sure

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59

hi there! how is everything with you.. good to chat with you again.. Im excited about the 12 days of Christmas.. can't wait

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

howdy ladies just thought i pop in and say hi.

with me working two jobs it been hard to post some night cause i'm tried.

hope you all are well.

hugs

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59

does anyone here love to decorate the house for FALL .. I/m already in the mood.. i want to decorate my living room but i will wait until the end of September cause then i will get bored with my decorations by October.. lol.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

I do and I did!

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

I made my Christmas card last night! Now to work on the tags.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Hi everyone.

I am going to do a little fall decorating this year but i go all out for Halloween. I just got a few more decorations on clearance. Dh bought me a talking spell book for my witches table this year. I need to go buy all my spider webs before they are sold out in town.

I am still looking for tag ideas .

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to andrea m

Hey I just decorated my kitchen table.. LOL

sorry haven't been on much.. Im bad.. lol.. been working my two part time jobs, running to the dentist, and trying to potty train my 5 month old puppy!

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

Not fun trying to potty train a puppy Kim!
What kind of dog is it?

How is everyone doing? I'm looking forward to the weekend!
I ended up being child free Tuesday night. The kids slept over at my mom's house. So I spent a few hours in my craft room. I had a stack of layouts that needed to go into albums. And now I'm less than a year behind with my daughter's pictures! woo hoo!
I'm a few months behind with my son's too.

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie

Hi! Please,add my name. This will be my 5th year for participating, I absolutely love this Swap! Running a bit behind but I'll be back soon to catch up on things!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to savvy scrapper amie

I don't see Donna (bon prof) name on your list, Kim, and she signed up first! And I've sent my survey and I'm not on there yet either - so theres two more for you!

I had an eventful year - diagnosed with ovarian cancer in January, but all sorted now. 6 cycles of chemo, major major surgery in June, and as of three weeks ago, they say there is no residual disease. I absolutely believe I have been healed - so many people in many different countries were praying for me; lots of people came and prayed over me in my own home; I responded 'exceptionally well' to the chemo (when do doctors ever say that? And that was even before the surgery), and I have been gradually getting better and better since the very first dose of chemo.

I went back to work last week, and am working up to being back full time by the middle of October. I am healed and cured and do not have cancer - yay! I signed up to be part of a clinical trial at the beginning of my treatment, and which is investigating the effects of immunotherapy - the latest cutting edge drugs which encourage your own immune system to fight any cancer cells. It has been massively effective with malignant melanoma, and they are now investigating its efficacy with other cancers. They don't know why some people respond really well to chemo (like me) and others don't, though the immunotherapy can help with even advanced disease.

So although it doesn't look as though I need further treatment, I have been assigned to the arm of the trial which means a 2-weekly iv infusion at the hospital, and lots of extra CT scans and checks with the medical team. Who can complain about that?! And as I am helping with the research as well as having a close eye kept on me, I am unbelievably grateful. The immunotherapy drugs are very expensive, but the NHS is already paying for them in cases where they have been shown to be really effective. The trial drugs are all free, and they even pay for my gas to get to the hospital, and parking while I'm there.

So a busy old year - not quite part of my New Year's resolutions - but oh boy, a great year for seeing the best of the NHS and my wonderful family and dh!

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to RachelUK

Rachel, so happy to hear you're healed and your health has been restored!! You're walking under a spectacular show of God's power and Love!

To answer questions: I favor coffee and like pumpkin spice most anything. We use a Keurig 2.0, and love it!!

I decorate for Christmas using lits of different colors.
I have 5 themes that I rotate . 1 of them is all white and silver and I use my 65 Margaret Furlong bisque angels.
I've been collecting those since 1993. I also match my paper to whatever colors I'm using on my tree. Since we don't have children, I can do whatever makes me happy.

Edited by savvy scrapper amie on 09-21-17 01:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to savvy scrapper amie

Hello Ladies,
Rachel, so happy all is well. I'm still going to keep you in my prayers!

Hi Amie, thanks for the info. I too, like to match my paper to the tree! Your tree sounds so pretty. Do you have a picture of your angels? They sound like they are beautiful!

I, have decorated for Fall. I only do my kitchen and my business inside. I host a Fall Festival every year for family and a few friends, so I decorate my yard. I'll cook and we'll eat. Then in the evening, we'll have a bonfire, eat again and stay outside all evening. BUT...it has been in the 90's here in IL, who can think of Fall when it's so hot out?

Christmas, on the other hand, is a different story. I will put a tree up in every room, including the bathroom. It's a tiny tree so it fits on the vanity. I'll have lights throughout the whole house and outside too! I will have a traditional red and green candy land theme. My pink shabby chic tree is still up from last year. A white tree with black and silver ornaments and crystals. Another with little owls and out door type tree.
A silver with whatever color my daughter decides on. She likes the aqua's. A burgandy and leopard theme, kind of vintage with gold and burgandy. I will put up a vintage mauve and gold tree. A soccer themed tree for the boys and a couple more that I need to decide on. Needless to say, I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I like baking for Christmas, decorating and hosting Christmas events and dinners. I enjoy the tranquillity of the lights glowing in the house, having a cup of coffee and reminiscing of what Christmas is really about, Jesus. I like watching the Christmas shows, all of them! Let's just say, I feel the Spirit of Christmas.

So, last year, was my first year in this swap. I had the most giving partner who spoiled me with the most beautiful tags. I actually preserved them and just looked at them the other night. She really made me feel special and made opening the gifts a little more appreciated, as well. I am excited to be a part of this swap again. Can't wait to get started!
Ok, enough about my Christmas. Sorry for the book, ladies. LOL.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Edited by pinkalicious on 09-21-17 11:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Rachel,
Sorry about the confusion!
I had to drop out.
I have some other commitments.
I told Kim awhile ago.

You gals enjoy.
Rachel, I think of you so often!
Praying for you always.

I will stop by once in awhile.

Edited by bonprof on 09-22-17 02:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to bonprof

Oh, Donna, sorry you're leaving us.

bonprof
Queen
bonprof

Thank you, Jo.
There's just too much going on!
I do love this swap.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to bonprof

We aren't sure what breed Maisy is. So Im going to do a DNA test on her..

Sorry Rachel.. been a long week... Im still working 2 jobs ladies.. My wonderful client that I have been with for three years passed in May, so I now I have a new woman who is 96 years old who has dementia.. She calls me Jill. lol She is healthier than me! I also work at Walmart at night so thats why im never on line at night either.. so please forgive me!

I will add you ladies now!!!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

So did anyone buy that new printer from Kodak? the Kodak verite craft printer? its so awesome!!! i bought it from HSN..

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Rachel so sorry to hear all you have been dealing with but so glad you are doing so well and have so much support.

Donna so sorry you you wont be here but i know we all understand that life gets busy and out of control.

Edited by andrea m on 09-23-17 08:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59

awesome tammi..
now I need to make my tags as well...my card is complete plus i made about 7 or 8 christmas cards..
I just want to get a head start on my cards this year..

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper
In response to andrea m

hello ladies,

it's was hot here in texas again in the 90's but i went food shopping
i got alot of stuff. love it i love shopping. it's relaxing.

hope you all are well.

sorry to see you go Donna but glad you'll be popping in

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59

so here in Colorado we are expecting colder weather..
I dont know about anyone else but im ready for the cold..
i like wearing my sweaters and boots..
but i do love the summer days too.. can't have everything.. lol

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Rachel Im so sorry to hear about your cancer.. But Im glad that you are cancer free.. That is awesome! I wish I would have known I would have prayed for you during your darkest times. But now I will pray for you that it never returns!

Tammi had to drop out of the swap so you will not be seeing her name on the list.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

You know what girls - I don't think I feel sorry about my cancer! I learned such a lot during the whole experience. I learned to rely on God for everything. I always had a faith but nothing like I do now - there isn't anything to compare to His faithfulness towards us and His wish to see us whole and healed. Kim - I don't think it matters in the least that you didn't know - God doesn't work within our time limits!

I learned to be humble and to realise that so many people care for me and love me. For the first 13 weeks of my illness (a whole three months) I had fresh flowers delivered to the house every single week - sometimes two bouquets and once THREE! If I ever had any doubt as to whether I had enough friends to look after me, I certainly don't now! People brought us meals and once a whole Sunday lunch arrived hot! Roast beef, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, veg, yorkshire pudding, then apple pie and custard afterwards - I just couldn't believe it!

A friend of a friend became the Cake Fairy. She would leave a cake on our doorstep about every three weeks. We wouldn't see her arrive - just found the cake in a tin outside! At the times when I wasn't eating because I felt so unwell, she provided for my dh and the Ancient Wonder - my 93 year old father in law - they enjoyed home made cake all year!

So you see I have learned to be humble, to be grateful, to thank God in everything, to love family and friends more than ever, and to enjoy a whole new lease of healthy life!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

And now for Jo Lena's questions!

I tried a Pumpkin Spice Latte on Friday for the first time in my life - yeuch! How can you girls love that stuff! I have an English and separately an Irish friend both living in the US who LOVE PSL so I felt I had to try it, but that will be the first and last. Give me a normal everyday latte any day!

Who here likes coffee or tea better?
Depends on the time of day! I like tea first thing, then coffee through the day, then tea again in the afternoons.

Who has a Keurig Coffee Maker?
I don't even know what this is but I don't have one - the kettle works pretty well with the cafetière!

How many like to bake Holiday Cookies? Cakes? Breads?
Mince pies in our house - I don't think there is much call for special Christmas cookies - its not a 'thing' over here. I make cookies quite often during the year and they are always popular!

Who here likes the traditional Red and Green Christmas color theme?
Yup - I do!

Do you match your wrapping papers to your Christmas tree decorations?
Not at all - I never even thought about that idea!

I'm strictly Christmas colours!

These days, now that the kids have flown, I have a tree decorated all in white, which I love. I first saw one in someone's house and it looked so beautiful, so I have one of my own now.
I think this year my ds, his gf and my 2 year old granddaughter will be here, so I may have to re-think my glamorous gorgeous tree and have something a little more toddler-friendly!

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782
In response to RachelUK

I am a little late signing up, but rip roaring ready to go! Thank you.

Veteran

• Bronxgirl59 Said:
does anyone here love to decorate the house for FALL .. I/m already in the mood.. i want to decorate my living room but i will wait until the end of September cause then i will get bored with my decorations by October.. lol.

I decorate for every season! I have apples up right now (apple towels, apple ceramics, apple pie plate ) and will change that soon for Halloween. It's my FAVORITE holiday!! Anyone else decorate for Halloween?

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59

So my hubby was in a rear end car accident on Friday.. Thank you Jesus that he is ok.. now the car... as of today we still dont know if it is totalled or it can be fixed..
God is Good!!
anyways i stopped in to check in and say HI!

Rachel I like your spirit and that you rely on God for everything.. You GO girl!!

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542

Just checking in, sent my survey last night.

Rachael, so sorry to hear what you are going through. Your strength is truly inspiring.

Bronx, sorry to hear about the accident but thank goodness you husband is OK.

I put up all of my fall decor and made pumpkin bread this weekend, so ready for fall. It's finally below 100° here, yay!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to scalvert2542

Hi ladies. I finally found my way here. May I join? I had a wonderful time with this last year.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to Lorna Lee

I'm in again.

Veteran
In response to disneylisa

-Rachel- very sorry to hear about your cancer. Thank you for sharing your journey. May G-d always bless you. Thank goodness for wonderful friends.

-Donna- sorry you can’t participate. I know how things tend to start to get busy now.

-Bronxgirl59- so glad your hubby is ok.

It’s been in the 90’s here in Michigan. We’ve had a pleasant summer but we’re making up for it
with these temps. It will cool down on Thursday- that’s what they are predicting anyway.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

Yay, more ladies joined!

Margie, so sorry to hear of your dh accident. Thank God he is ok!

Have a great evening!

Edited by pinkalicious on 09-26-17 05:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

BUMP

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Hi everyone! Have a great evening.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy

Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. Is there still time to sign up for the swap?

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Monique_McCoy

Stephanie and Donna - dont worry about me! I went through the treatment, which made me feel better right from the get-go and I am completely mended now! Before I started the chemo I was sick - puking every day and not eating. On the first day of chemo I sent dh to the hospital shop four times for more food! Thats how well it worked for me. He said he totally refused to go a 5th time! Haha.

I am now part of a trial for immunotherapy drugs so even though there is no cancer left, I signed up for it and will still be having these infusions once a fortnight for the next two years. I told the nurses yesterday that it was my opportunity to have a nap and catch up with a few podcasts!

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782
In response to RachelUK

Just checking in. You ladiies are an inspiration to us all. You work so hard, go though so much and with great attitudes. I love reading about your triumphs. God bless all of you.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to SusieJ782

Hi everyone. I started my first tag yesterday. I have been looking for ideas on pinterest. Any one else started already?

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Hi everyone. I started my first tag yesterday. I have been looking for ideas on pinterest. Any one else started already?

I don't start until I find out who my pal is as I often tailor the tags to their likes, favorite colors, etc. Plus I had actually forgotten it was time for the swap already until Kim reached out to me. Consequently I'm still working on updating my wishlist.

Certainly a good idea to start thinking though.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Ok ladies.. not many people signed up..

so Im giving today one last day!!! so at 10 pm eastern time today sunday is the last day to sign up! if you have any friends who want to join today is the LAST DAY!

I truly am sorry that I haven't been on.. I worked 68 hours last week between my 2 jobs.. it was so exhausting.. I thought my body was going to give up on me!

I slept all day on saturday, and cleaned and food shopped today. im ready for another [email protected] lol

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

Oh my Gosh i'm so excited i can't wait too see who my partner is?

hope you all are having a great monday?

just checking in

Have a great week!!!!!!!!

Veteran

Checking in- can't wait to see who my partner is!!

ScrapAngel4-68 hours- in 1 week! I'm amazed you got up at all! Hope there are less hours for you in the next week.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Good evening ladies. I hope that everyone is having a good start to the week.

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

Hello Ladies, I finally got moved and this weekend I will be unpacking my scrap supplies. I can't wait to get my pals info and start the tags. I did not realize how much stuff I had. LOL, I had more scrap boxes than I had bedroom and kitchen combined! Amazing! I even purged a little before packing.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to SusieJ782

I moved in July and had the same issue. More boxes marked Craft then kitchen or anything else.
Scrapangel4, I hope that you received my survey. I sent it Sunday night.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED. (Sorry went to bed early last night)

Waiting on 2 surveys.. but I am working on pals.. You may get your pal without their survey..

Yes ladies I did collapse on saturday after my errands in the morning.. Sunday I took my puppy to her training and then my hubby made me go food shopping at BJ's. lol.. then I made myself do laundry.. and because of that my washing machine decide to leak.. so now I have no washing machine until thursday.. ugh..

never a dull moment.. I worked a 14 hour shift today, and I must get to bed.. but have no fear I am working on your pals my friends! so sorry for the delay!!!!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

You really have a busy schedule. I hope that you are getting plenty of rest.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Lorna Lee

Yes I do... Its just temporary.. I hope! lol I just realized that I repeated myself on telling you wonderful ladies what I did over the weekend.. SO sorry about that! oh boy!

Veteran

No worries, ScrapAngel4- the wait for our pals makes it all the sweeter :-)

Sorry to hear about your washer- Murphy's law is alive and well!

I'm going to a Scrapbooking weekend- leaving on Thursday - Saturday. Can't wait!! Spending time with girlfriends- laughing And working on scrapping trips and my children- what could be better!

Hope everyone has a GREAT week!

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59

TY everyone.. we have our car back look like new again.. Hubby is fine..
When will the partners be announced?
im so excited to spoil someone again this year.. I really need to start on my tags.. I mentioned earlier that i was going to start early but im involved in many FB groups plus my own just trying to catch up with all my swaps.. I think im just about caught up with my swaps..
Anyone else here doing any FB groups?

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy

Hey!!! I hope everyone is having a great night so far!

I'm in a few fb groups - Bash Your Scrapbook Stash, Scrapaholics Anonymous, Victoria Marie fb group, & Mercytiara's 27 day scrappy challenge. There's a lot of amazing people & inspiration in them.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Monique_McCoy

hey ladies! Im doing pairings now!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

How exciting! Soon the fun begins.

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782
In response to Lorna Lee

I am so excited that I got my pal and her list! I can't wait to start scrapping and shopping!
ScrapAngel14 how do you do it? This week is killing me and I am only working 8 a day and trying to recover from the move. You working all those hours is much worse!
Donna, a scrapbook weekend sounds like heaven. It has been a while since I went to one and would love to go often.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to SusieJ782

Wishing every one a beautiful day.

Veteran
In response to Lorna Lee

Received my secret pal!! Can't wait to start on a card and tags and shopping!!!

I am at the scrapbooking weekend and LOVING it!! Nothing like being with other women- laughs, jokes, smiles, giggles, jokes and fun!! AND of course, scrapbooking!!

Susie: I hope you get to go again soon! NOTHING LIKE IT!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Enjoy that wonderful girl time.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Lorna Lee

Im so jealous! Zoila (scrap angel 1) and I go on a scrapbook weekend every January in NJ.. We love it!

Im exhausted.. I hope to get plenty of sleep tonight.. tom. im working 8 am til 8 pm.. with my client.. her son finally came home today from the hospital so its a little better for her with her dementia. She will be back into her routine soon again!

I hope everyone has an awesome Friday!

Oh, if you didnt get your pal Please LMK ASAP! thanks!

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

Jci, hope everyone is doing well. Have a beautiful day.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics