Page 3 of 6 
Username Post: 12 Days of Swapping Christmas Swap..HAVE FUN OPENENING!!!        (Topic#1667057)
andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to ScrappySanta

My ds is a senior so he did not trick or treat. We do have a lot of teenage trick or treaters here and i am fine with it. At least they are not out doing bad stuff. My dd went for a little while with her friend. I decorate our house all up and hand out candy. We get a ton of trick or treaters so it is a lot of fun. The kids are so funny and just love the decorations. We order pizza every year for dinner its just our tradition.
Now comes the work of taking it all down.
I dont decorate much for Christmas though just the tree and a wreath. Halloween is so much funner to me.

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to andrea m

It's fun reading everyone's Halloween stories. Hubby and i don't have children and live 6 miles outside the city, we've never had trick or treaters in the 20 years we've been here.

Pinkalicious, prayers going up on your brother Pete's behalf. My BIL, lost his fight with Pancreatic cancer 4 years ago but he lived 6 years longer than Doctor's diagnosed. I still believe in miracles and am claiming abundant life and health for Pete, in Jesus name!!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

• ScrappySanta Said:
So excited to be calling in to say hi to DisneyLisa! I have been busy cleaning the rust off the sleigh, and making sure all those bells are in jingling order and have neglected my duties here, especially assuring you that you are definitely on the NICE list this year and I cannot wait to spoil you!

What is your favorite part of the Christmas season? Are you working on anything special this year? I finally chose the color scheme for my tags today, so that'll be my main focus this weekend - can't wait to start!

Good to hear from you. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I was busy with Halloween stuff and getting ready for vacation next week.

I love seeing decorations and hearing music at stores and on houses as I don't get that at home. We have no visitors so I don't take the time to decorate the house as no one would see it. Just too much effort involved to only enjoy it myself, especially as DH doesn't really enjoy it (bad experiences in his past years including being very poor and not getting gifts, a fire which left them homeless the day before Thanksgiving when he was a teenager and finding out his ex-wife (wife at the time) was pregnant to another man shortly before Christmas (she eventually left him and their 3 kids for the other guy).

Family all lives close by so we see them year round but this year the big excitement will probably be our great grandson who recently turned one.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to disneylisa

Amen. Thank you, ladies, for the beautiful prayers.
Still much needed and appreciated.

I hope all of you are doing well.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to pinkalicious

Dear Santa

Yes I just closed on my house on Monday I have been taking trips to the new house after work each night and this Saturday will be the big move I should start being able to show my face more after I get some stuff unpacked at this point I remember why I don’t like moving

I’ll go online sometime today from work if I don’t to get too busy and put some more stuff on my wish list U2 papers are fun I’m pretty eclectic those so I have choir a lot of paper quickly have a great day Stanton thank you for reaching out to me

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta
In response to scrapwriter

Hi there Lisa! Just to let you know - ALL your Christmas goodies are now ready to wrap or on their way to my house ready to come to yours! So exciting! It may seem as though I have been hiding away but I've been searching out the goodies on your wish list, and trying to find a few extra bits and bobs to surprise you!

I've been oiling up the sleigh runners and getting set for the big delivery - so exciting!

What have you been up to?

Veteran

Received the items I bought for my Pal! SOOOOO excited!!! And I have a GREAT idea for tags!! Can't wait to get started on them tomorrow!!!

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542
In response to donna50robin

Why do paper craters not naturally get the gift wrapping skill??? Lol. Was bored so I started wrapping, and I hate to report that my skills seem to still be that of a 5 year old child....

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta
In response to scalvert2542

Ho Ho Ho, Stephanie,
You are being so good, I feel you deserve more!
Before I close your box, are there any lotions, soaps that you use or would like for Christmas? Any fragrance of candle scents you'd like your home to smell like? Do you have children or pets?
Do you like to bake for the holidays?
So many questions, LOL.

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

Pinkalicious, I am so sorry about your brother. It is a hard thing to deal with. He, you and your family will be in my prayers.

Scrapwriter, congrats on your new home. Moving is such an adventure. You find things you didn't remember you had and they are new again. Such fun!

I am almost tempted to put up my Christmas decorations now. I love Christmas and hopefully it will be full of family this year since we moved closer to them. I am looking forward to it.

Off to work on my tags for my pal, I have all of her gifts and just waiting to get some wrapping paper since I threw all of mine out when I moved. Wanted to start fresh,

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

• ScrappySanta Said:
RachelUK -

I've bought several items for you and have started thinking about tags and wrapping. Hope all is well there.

Santa

All is well for sure! I have now gone back to work full time and I get absolutely exhausted! Full time for me often includes evenings and the odd late meeting, so I have been trying to pace myself and come in late when I have to stay late (and there have been a couple of times when my boss has told me to go home when she sees me looking tired!) but I am not quite back to my normal self.

There is a beautiful lake by the hospice where I live, and I was in the practice of walking round it at lunch time, but haven't walked that far in months, but yesterday I did it! One of my doctor colleagues often walks with me and promised to walk 'at my pace' but in the end we both walked at normal pace, and did just over a mile in 35 minutes. I was very proud of myself!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to SusieJ782

People praying for me when I had cancer made an enormous difference. Pinkalicious - never stop praying - the power of God is more than we can ever know - except that I DO know it and am living proof of its healing power.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to RachelUK

Just want my pal to know that I love all things Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby etc - check out the dollar bins! We have nothing like that in the UK so I am happy to receive anything you choose! A friend once sent me an envelope of trims which were all 20 and 30c - I love them so much! They are nearly all gone now, but they were so lovely to receive!

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542

Hi Santa! Hope you're having a good weekend! I'm trying so hard to be good, it's so tough lol.

Any lotion or soaps are fine, not picky. No kids or pets at the moment. Candles mess with my allergies, so please no candle. I'm a huuugggee baker for the holidays, its all part of the traditions and reminds me of family!

• ScrappySanta Said:
Ho Ho Ho, Stephanie,
You are being so good, I feel you deserve more!
Before I close your box, are there any lotions, soaps that you use or would like for Christmas? Any fragrance of candle scents you'd like your home to smell like? Do you have children or pets?
Do you like to bake for the holidays?
So many questions, LOL.

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Hohoho Hello Donna

Santa has been busy working in his work shop. I had to do a little remodeling in his shop. But now started working on his gifts to you. So I see you love to host tea parties. Would there be something special that would help make your party festive that isn’t scrapbooking? Or maybe you can put something else on your wish list for next years theme? I love to spoil my pal. Oh by the way what size T-shirt are you? Santa also loves to work with other crafts. Hope to hear from you soon.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

Hello Ladies,

Rachel, so nice to hear you are doing well. A mile in 35 minutes! You should be so proud of yourself!

Thank you for the inspiration. I PRAY AND PRAY AND PRAY! Thanks for thinking and praying for us, all of you. Definitely needed and much appreciated.

Under normal circumstances, I would have had at least 4 trees up already and half my baking done. With my brother being sick, I just don't have the "spirit" to do it!

Stephanie, I had to laugh at your wrapping skills. I don't think you're alone on this one! Some of the packages just are not meant to be wrapped! After reading your Santa post, I want to let my SS know....

I like candles, baking, hand soaps, coffee, candy too!

Bren, how's the move going?

Keeping ALL of you wonderful Ladies in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs to ALL of you!

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

Dear Santa,

i thought i update you? someone blessed me with the envelope punch board that was on my wish list. hopefully i got you in time.

hope to hear from you soon?

happy shopping?

p.s going to update my wish list right now so take a look at it again.

scrapangel1
Veteran
scrapangel1
In response to 2BuzyScrapper

Just checking in

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta
In response to scrapangel1

Morning everyone!

How are all those scrappy Santas out there?

I have been busy preparing for my pal Lisa's package - making tags and the first goodies are starting to drop through the post for me to wrap - exciting times!

Lisa - your dh sounds as though he has had a rough few Christmases in the past - I hope you are able to make up for it now - I think maybe Santa will be including a little dh gift in your package now!

Edited by ScrappySanta on 11-06-17 02:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

• ScrappySanta Said:
Morning everyone!

How are all those scrappy Santas out there?

I have been busy preparing for my pal Lisa's package - making tags and the first goodies are starting to drop through the post for me to wrap - exciting times!

Lisa - your dh sounds as though he has had a rough few Christmases in the past - I hope you are able to make up for it now - I think maybe Santa will be including a little dh gift in your package now!

That would be so sweet Santa.

I do try to help him enjoy things. He has times when he does but there are also plenty of days where he is a humbug. He would certainly be surprised if one of the "scrap presents" was for him, as on bad days it seems he gets mildly jealous when I am opening a gift and getting excited over receiving something each day.

We are leaving for a 10 day trip to DisneyWorld in a few hours. Things will be all decorated there by the weekend. We've been there before this time of year and I thoroughly enjoy it. Hopefully DH will this year too.

Although I'll have my computer with me I probably won't be online much as there is too much else to do. I should get to check in once or twice though.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

A trip to DisneyWorld - is that the California one? I guess you're not called Disney Lisa for nothing! What will the weather be like? I hate rides, so the Disney things are definitely not for me, though a trip to somewhere warm and sunny would be fabulous right now! We have just started having overnight frosts here in the UK - I haven't had to scrape my windscreen yet but I'm sure it won't be long.

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta
In response to RachelUK

Ho ho ho Andrea!!! Happy Monday to you. The elves and I were just having a planning session over some hot cocoa about how to make your box of goodies extra special. We got some ideas in the works! We hope your week is fabulous and you are keeping a good status on the nice list

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

I just realised that I had been adding things to my cart instead of my wish list. Doh! So I have had a bit of fun moving stuff from one to the other, and hopefully making life a whole lot easier for my Secret Santa!

Veteran

Hello Santa!!!

Hope you and all your reindeers and Mrs. Santa and your elves are all doing fine!!

Every year for my tea I pick a theme. Next summer's tea will be the Wizard of Oz and I am dressing up as Glinda the Good Witch :-)

My T-shirt size would be xxxl- :-) I LOVE homemade crafty things!

I'm off to work but will update my wishlist tonight!

Have a great day, Santa!!!

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Just dropping in to let Miss Amie know that I have had some great reports about you! My elves tell me that you have been a really good girl! I believe that you must watch TV and know that "the naughty list is not an option!" Keep up the good work and I'll be watching! Ho Ho Ho!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Hello elves. I hope that everyone is doing well. Now that my BFF's wedding is done, I can get my gifts all rounded up and wrapped. I can't believe how much time that I spent on wedding prep. A maid of honor has a lot of duties. Now time to move on to what I need to get done. I want to give my full focus to making my pals Christmas a special one.
Off to bed. Nite nite

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59
In response to Lorna Lee

hi there.. just checking in!!
Hoping everyone had a great weekend.. Ive been busy wrapping my pals stuff.. This is really fun and exciting..
have a great and blessed Wednesday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

• ScrappySanta Said:
Ho ho ho Andrea!!! Happy Monday to you. The elves and I were just having a planning session over some hot cocoa about how to make your box of goodies extra special. We got some ideas in the works! We hope your week is fabulous and you are keeping a good status on the nice list

Thank you hope your week is great as well. I am being good even thought its a struggle sometimes lol. I can not wait to see what you have planned for me.

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta
In response to andrea m

Hi there Disney Lisa! Are you already enjoying California and a few awesome rides?!

Santa is most interested in sending a few goodies for Mr Lisa - but its gotta be a secret until the package arrives, so no letting the cat out of the bag.

Does he have a name that Santa can add to the packages, or will 'Mr Lisa' do?!!

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Dear Kim,

Well Santa's workshop is now full of all sorts of goodies just for you! Everything has been order and now it's on to making, wrapping and sending them your way via the happy reindeer (I gave them some sugar corn and they're hopping all around waiting to go).

Have a great day and don't forget to behave.

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

Hello ladies! Just checking in from this unusually cold weather we are having. Normally it isn't this cool. I am thrilled with it. Love, love, love this weather!

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie

• ScrappySanta Said:
Just dropping in to let Miss Amie know that I have had some great reports about you! My elves tell me that you have been a really good girl! I believe that you must watch TV and know that "the naughty list is not an option!" Keep up the good work and I'll be watching! Ho Ho Ho!

Hello Santa!! I'm glad all the reports are coming back good. Actually, I don't watch much TV. I have,a few favorites, like The Voice, NCIS, Blindspot. When hubby is away from home, I never turn it on. Lol!

I'm certainly getting excited! Thank you for stopping by!!

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to savvy scrapper amie

Good morning, everyone!

Work has been very busy lately, in fact, today is,day #6. I jumped on this morning to place my last order for my Pal. I think she's going to love her new stuff!!

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

good morning jolena,

Santa has been very busy! got all your goodies ordered and waiting for them to come.

you've been very good this year so i'm going to spoil you!

i will be loaded my sleigh very soon and fly your way!

stay sweet and good. let you know when i'm leaving

your Santa

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Fa la la Monique!

I'm going to dress my reindeer in tank tops and shorts to come see you! They're already thinking Margaritas and chips on the beach. You might need to watch out for fresh deer poop. Oh my!

I purchased several things off your Wish List, but found something new, I'd like to own, so I bought 1 for you!! I'm pretty excited about it, and am looking forward to getting things sent your way!

Anything special you like for everyday use? For instance, I love Bath & Body works, Kitchen Lemon soap. It sits beside my kitchen sink. How about candles or pretty things for your long hair?

Are you all snackers? What do you like to munch on? Do you like dip mixes or cheeses?

Thanks for any input you can send my way. Have a great weekend!

Fondly, your Secret Santa

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Hey everyone! Your hostess with the mostest is here! What a week! My hubby had shoulder surgery on Thursday. everything went well.. the dr. put 4 anchors into his left shoulder.. He pulled the muscle right off the bone! he is in a bit of pain, but he is ok..

I have been cleaning my scrap room today. What a mess! still not done.. I don't think I ever will be done!

I have all my pals stuff in my cart.. Im waiting to order it.. I don't know why.. maybe because she has such good taste and I really want one for me too! lol..

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to ScrapAngel4

Happy Sunday everyone! I had my daughter and her brand new husband staying last night which was lovely. He is a pilot and was just recently granted his request to move airports to one much nearer to us so they have been area and house hunting this weekend. They wont move until spring next year but they've got to make a start!

Next weekend is my birthday so they're coming down again - more house hunting then Sunday family lunch out!

I have my last couple of tags to make in the next couple of days - so exciting! All the gifts are here now!

Veteran
In response to RachelUK

Just checking in..
My daughter and soninlaw and her motherinlaw and a friend and I spent 2 hours raking, dragging leaves to the forest and cleaning up my yard yesterday. It looks SOOOO great!! Then I had to work 2-10:30 pm- that wasn't so great. Work has been calling me in every day..I'll FINALLY get a break and day off on Tuesday! Can't wait!!

ScrapAngel4: OUCH! That sounds REALLY painful what your husband did. Glad everything went ok. Hope each day is less painful for him.

Rachel: WHAT fun! So glad you daughter and her husband will be moving closer. I'm 5 minutes from my youngest daughter and husband and it's wonderful!! I'm hours away from my other daughter and son who live in Israel :-( We Skype a lot and that helps ESPECIALLY that my son and daughterinlaw in Israel just had my 1st grandchild on Sept. 4!! My daughterinlaw sends pictures almost every day. I LOVE HER!! And my grandson- what a beautiful boy!!

Wow! Just saw the clock- have to run and get dressed. Have a restful, relaxing Sunday everyone!!

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Hi Zoila I am working like crazy to get your package ready. The elves report that you are still on the nice list.
I am waiting on one last order then to get wrapping and finishing tags.

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Ho Ho HO!!
Hi there Lorna Lee!!
Santa here making sure all your goodies will arrive on time for you!! I've been so busy making sure your list has been checked 2x so i don't miss a thing..
letting you know that i'm thinking about you and can't wait to mail your goodies to you Dec 1 st.. so be on the look out and let me know if you see rudolf on your rooftop with all your goodies..well this Santa has to go now so be patience and your goodies will arrive on the first week of Dec.. ho ho ho Merry Christmas to you!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

My pals stuff are all ordered! I cant wait to get them! I ordered some stuff for me too! lol

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59

Hi there.. I'm concerned that my Secret Santa is no longer involved with this swap.. I have only heard from her once Oct.. Can the admin please advise what to do ?

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Bronxgirl59

Bronxgirl don’t worry. When I get home late tonight I will pm her and see what is going on. Unfortunately I’m at work and don’t know who your pal is at the moment.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

Good afternoon -

Unpacking is almost harder than packing. Where to put this and where to put that. I broke my favorite wine glass from my dear friend Lorna and I broke my coffee cup that had my departed pup, Kenna's photo both on the same day. I'm still trying to recover from the trauma. All I can say is don't push the ice cube lever on the fridge with your wine glass; they aren't that strong. Dad said he'll buy me a new photo much so at least 1/2 the loss will be recovered.

My pals goodies have been progressing quite well. Need to do some home made goodies on thanksgiving weekend then I'll be mailing out. Still my favorite swap on the board even after all these years.

Will check in again later (later being relative)

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

• ScrappySanta Said:
Ho Ho HO!!
Hi there Lorna Lee!!
Santa here making sure all your goodies will arrive on time for you!! I've been so busy making sure your list has been checked 2x so i don't miss a thing..
letting you know that i'm thinking about you and can't wait to mail your goodies to you Dec 1 st.. so be on the look out and let me know if you see rudolf on your rooftop with all your goodies..well this Santa has to go now so be patience and your goodies will arrive on the first week of Dec.. ho ho ho Merry Christmas to you!!

Thank you Santa.
I haven't been very good about checking in here. I am finishing up some swaps, making Christmas Cards and getting everything ready to surprise my pal.
Looks like everyone is busy here.
Have a blessed day! I need to get a box to start suffice gifts into.

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to Lorna Lee

My last order for my pal,arrived today!! 8 of 12 tags done. Hope everyone is well!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Howdy ladies! How is everyone doing with their pals gifts? You should be ordering their stuff soon!

I have had one pal contact me regarding not hearing from the pal sending to them.. If you haven't heard from YOUR PAL sending to you please contact me in a PM..

Thanks!

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

hello my santa,

i added more goodies to my wish list. if you need some more items?

very excited can't wait!

have a great weekend!

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

HO HO HO! pinkalicious,

hope your being a good? cause i just heard from the elfs your goodies are in! and there all wrapped and the tags are on. so reindeers are getting ready to fly to your place, be watching your mail box soon.

have a great weekend! ho ho ho,

your santa

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Susie
Hope that you are staying warn. I have been working on making sure that you are a happy scrapper this Christmas. Is there any candy, tea or coffee that you love? A favorite snack to eat by the fireplace? I want to make sure that I get your box off to you early. Got to go get some wrapping under way. HoHoHo!!!!!

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

Hi Santa,
I haven't been home much lately and my, you are fast!
I am excited to receive a package and maybe a few smiles to go with it.
Looking forward to see what my santa has for me!

Looking for a bigger box for my ss.

I hope all of you are doing well. Thank you, all of you, for the continued prayers and for thinking of me and my family.

Have a great night. Hugs to all of you!

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Good morning Margie. I'm sorry that Santa hasn't checked in with you but between work, Xmas shopping and being in the hospital, Santa's pooped.

I don't know if I've asked you before but is there candies you like, favorite drinks, etc? I've seen your updated wish list and just wanted to know if there sweets you liked. Santa's current mood is scattered brained

Santa didn't abandon you, don't you worry!

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Hey there Disney Lisa! Are you back from your trip yet?

Its been cold weather hereabouts (and wouldn't you like to know exactly where 'here' is!) and frost on the car in the mornings. I have all your tags made and ready, and all the packages are wrapped and ready - I'm impressed with my Santa-ing skills this year!

Just awaiting Mr Lisa information but I think I might be sending the great big box before I hear from you so it may say Mr Lisa anyway!

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

Thank you Santa for keeping me on the nice list, I have been pretty good. I have been tempted to have a fire in the fireplace, but it is not quite that cool yet. I am excited because this is the first year in many, many years that I will have family at my house for Thanksgiving. I love being around family.

I drink coffee by the gallon and it is no frills, plain coffee but I love chocolate with it. I also like sweet and salty like payday candy bars. I don't need them though, LOL.

I have been trying to work on my pals tags and will probably finish them up next weekend after the family leaves. We have a long weekend at work. LOVE IT!

Scrapwriter, I totally understand about unpacking. I have been here about six weeks and still don't have everything unpacked. My scrap stuff was unpacked first, and this distracted me from the rest of the items to unpack. I also broke some things when moving and it is truly heartbreaking. The memories you have will never be broken though.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

• ScrappySanta Said:
Hi there Disney Lisa! Are you already enjoying California and a few awesome rides?!

Santa is most interested in sending a few goodies for Mr Lisa - but its gotta be a secret until the package arrives, so no letting the cat out of the bag.

Does he have a name that Santa can add to the packages, or will 'Mr Lisa' do?!!

Hi Santa -

Sorry I didn't get to check in. There was so much fun to be had on vacation and the internet was a bit slow so aside from checking emails we didn't use the computer much. The trip was very good. Temps between 60(lows) - 80(high). Very short lived showers a few days but we were indoors eating or watching shows every time. Crowds weren't too bad.

Mr Lisa is Mike.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Hey y'all! Hope all is well! are you ready for Thanksgiving? I have everything bought just need to cook it! LOL.. i was going to bake my pumpkin pies tomm. but I figured my family would gobble them up before thursday.. so I guess I will be up late on wednesday night after a 12 hour day at work baking my pies.. what we have to do as a mother for our families.. ugh

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie

Thankfully our family does a pot luck meal! Hubby and my family is a beautiful blending, so we all celebrate together. I will just be fixing two side dishes!

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

We don't have Thanksgiving over here but we do have birthdays and today is mine!! So I received the most gorgeous bright red wool coat from dh - I look like Mother Christmas! We went out for a family lunch - 8 of us, which was really nice - and I wore that coat and would have done so even if it was a heatwave - which it wasn't! I've had such a lovely happy day - loads of gorgeous cards and especially the funny ones!

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:
We don't have Thanksgiving over here but we do have birthdays and today is mine!! So I received the most gorgeous bright red wool coat from dh - I look like Mother Christmas! We went out for a family lunch - 8 of us, which was really nice - and I wore that coat and would have done so even if it was a heatwave - which it wasn't! I've had such a lovely happy day - loads of gorgeous cards and especially the funny ones!

Happy, happy Birthday Rachel!!

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Falalala, Monique!

Hope all is well with You! A little concerned since I haven't seen a response from you since my last check in. 😎

I've completed all your tags and,will soon be putting finishing touches on your box. I hope you're getting excited!

Fondly, Your secret Santa

Edited by ScrappySanta on 11-19-17 12:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Happy Birthday to my pal Rachel!

I wrapped your goodies today. I still have to work on the tags but I promise I will have them done by next weekend so they can be put in the mail and hopefully arrive in time for you to start with everyone else. While my reindeer manage to delivery packages quite quickly I'm not sure how fast the post office does.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday!

Bronxgirl59
Resident
Bronxgirl59

oh it was nice hearing from you Santa.. I'm so glad to hear from you... i thought i was on a naughty list or something.. but i can tell you i've been good..
I'm so glad you are ok but when I didn't hear from you in almost a month i was worried..so i'm glad you are ok..

As far as sweets go I like anything chocolate with nuts..
Ty so much Santa stay in touch and I hope you have recovered from your hospital stay..

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta
In response to Bronxgirl59

HO HO HO

Where is my pal scrap writer! has she finished unpacking yet? I have all of your goodies waiting on my work bench waiting to be wrapped by my handy dandy elves.. they have been drinking a lot of eggnog so I don't be surprised of the wrapping if its messy.. Ho ho ho

I hope your tags come out ok.. LOL

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542

Just checking in. Finished my pals box today, ready to ship soon!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

I have all of my shopping done except one gift that I will pick up tomorrow. Need to get some wrapping paper too. I can't wait. By this week my order should be here from SB.COM. I am hoping that my pal will be delighted.
I am making the Turkey and Ham this year. My sister is making stuffin and deserts. My nephew and nieces are all bringing sides , rolls and deserts.

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious
In response to Lorna Lee

Happy Birthday, Rachel! Sounds like you received the perfect gift. So happy your day was Blessed with family and surrounded with love!

Edited by pinkalicious on 11-19-17 09:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy

• ScrappySanta Said:
Falalala, Monique!

Hope all is well with You! A little concerned since I haven't seen a response from you since my last check in. 😎

I've completed all your tags and,will soon be putting finishing touches on your box. I hope you're getting excited!

Fondly, Your secret Santa

Hi Santa! I hope all is going well for you. Life had been crazy lately. I'm working at Michael's as a seasonal cashier and it's been insane!! I love hearing about how people plan on decorating their homes for the holidays and upcoming projects, but I'm a bit jealous that I don't have time for my own crafts....the 30% employee discount does help though to soothe my troubles.....haha

For scents, I absolutely love Lilacs. My Grandpa wore that scent when I was little and it reminds me of him. Other than that, I love the Love Spell scent from Victoria Secret and Country Apple from Bath and Body Works (it's in their retired section. I try and get it in the spring but I usually forget. I can still order it online though.)

I'm not much of a snacker while I scrapbook. I've been really klutzy lately and I don't trust myself not to get messy. I will make a cup of tea but I have to have a lid on it and I usually keep it like 10ft away from me. I'm notorious for ruining projects. If you ever get the chance to try it, the breakfast blend from Dunkin Donuts is awesome. Let me know if you want to try it and I'll send you some once I get your address.

Thanks for asking It's 2am, Santa, hope you have a great day.

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta
In response to Monique_McCoy

Fa la la, Monique!

You're a busy girl. I did the Michael's things a few years ago and was hired on permanently. I stayed a year and while I loved my coworkers and people I'd meet.....i hated it!! Made me realize,why I had left retail years ago. Lol!

I drink Dunkin Donuts coffee every morning in my Keurig. Hubby and i tried several different mfg., before deciding on Dunkin.

I think that's really special that you have a smell associated with your grandfather! Mine is Vick's Salve inhalers. My Papa used one every night!

Thanks for getting back to me! Hope you're Thanksgiving is wonderful!

Edited by ScrappySanta on 11-21-17 08:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782

Happy Belated Birthday Rachael! It sounds like you had a great time going for lunch with your family. Birthdays can be such fun!
I have a long weekend and I am going to scrap after dh and I eat Thanksgiving dinner. I am looking forward to time in the craft room. I need to get some wrapping paper for my pal's gifts and box them up. Can't wait to send them.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Veteran
In response to RachelUK

• RachelUK Said:

HAPPY HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Rachel!! So glad you had such a lovely day!!

My daughter and son-in-law have Thanksgiving at their house and his family comes and everyone brings something or 2 or 3 things !! There will be extra people this year so I am making chicken snitzel, chocolate mousse and matzo ball soup because my soninlaw loves it for EVERY holiday!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!!!

Edited by donna50robin on 11-22-17 05:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy

• ScrappySanta Said:
Fa la la, Monique!

You're a busy girl. I did the Michael's things a few years ago and was hired on permanently. I stayed a year and while I loved my coworkers and people I'd meet.....i hated it!! Made me realize,why I had left retail years ago. Lol!

I drink Dunkin Donuts coffee every morning in my Keurig. Hubby and i tried several different mfg., before deciding on Dunkin.

I think that's really special that you have a smell associated with your grandfather! Mine is Vick's Salve inhalers. My Papa used one every night!

Thanks for getting back to me! Hope you're Thanksgiving is wonderful!

Hi Santa 🎅

You have no idea how busy life has been lately!! My husband got a job offer out in Cheyenne, we leave 12/10. I'm going to be hustling this weekend to spoil my pal. There's so many good sales going on right now! I am going to be so broke!!

I'm glad to hear you like Dunkin!! My husband used to drink so much coffee from them, I used to trade him and tell him we should buy stock in their company!!

Happy Thanksgiving Santa & family!!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Time to get the cooking started. It is in the 50s here in San Antonio.
Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
God bless.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to Lorna Lee

Well I must wish all you girls on that side of the pond, a very happy Thanksgiving! It'll be regular working days over here, but if it stops raining, I might just get a walk round the lake in the autumn colours which would be lovely!

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta
In response to RachelUK

Fa la la Monique!

Wow....a big change coming your way!! Cheyenne as in go west young man fame? I'll get yours in the mail next week so it will reach you before you go. I love your adventurous spirit!!

What kind of work does your husband do to get called out there?

Keep me posted.......

Fondly, your Secret Santa!

pinkalicious
Idol
pinkalicious

Hello Ladies,
Thank you for the prayers, again. Please keep them coming.
My brother is home from the hospital so God is good.
My dad is home from the hospital and doing well with his pacemaker.
While my family and I will be spending the day with my brother, I wish all of you, including you, Rachel (Even tho you don't celebrate Thanksgiving in London, there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for and I am grateful that you are here), so celebrate with us and have a very Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Hugs.

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Happy Thanksgiving
to my secret sister,

Stephanie!

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy

• ScrappySanta Said:
Fa la la Monique!

Wow....a big change coming your way!! Cheyenne as in go west young man fame? I'll get yours in the mail next week so it will reach you before you go. I love your adventurous spirit!!

What kind of work does your husband do to get called out there?

Keep me posted.......

Fondly, your Secret Santa!

Hey Santa!

It'll be interesting in Cheyenne. We've never been there before and I'm not sure what to expect. My husband has been dreaming of going out west and living near the mountains. We grew up in New England and I got to live near the ocean for a few years (I always wanted to live in a beach cottage - but lived about 10 miles away, which is fine). We're going to store our RV and ride out the winter in an apt because we have some repairs to make after Irma.

I will be honest though, my nomadic nature has gotten me into trouble a few times over the years & I've completely corrupted hubby and the kids Traveling so much over the years has helped though. When we had to evacuate during Hurricane Irma, the kids already were packing backpacks, had grabbed a few toys to keep them occupied and then helped me and Dad finish packing up the car. They were upset but they handled it like champs!

My husband's in Electronics Engineering. He's worked on military and nuclear equipment, medical instruments, all the way down to pace makers, hearing aids, cable boxes, vibrators (the last place he worked for in Ct made female enhancement equipment - I know, it sounds demented but it's true. They're call the Eva by Dame Products). He's a genius w/ computers and phones and some of the stuff he's done over the years has just amazed me. He's going for a electronics technician job but he's looking to work w/ the dams and bridges and stuff like that.

We've also worked as campground managers, have both worked in retail and in customer communications so we can go anywhere. We homeschool so we can pretty much go anywhere.

So now that I've rambled on and told you our whole life story, you must think I'm crazy! I hope you and the family have a safe & wonderfully happy Thanksgiving.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Happy Belated Birthday Rachel! I don't know how I missed it!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Im eating turkey early then off to walmart! Then eating turkey again at work! they are having another spread there!

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie

Pinkalicious, praying for better days ahead for your family, a restoration of health and healing for anything that needs it!!

Monique, I hope you have some snow boots!!

I don't envy anyone making a Wal-Mart run today! Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

scalvert2542
Guru
scalvert2542

Happy thanksgiving Santa!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Hope everyone has a nice relaxing day with family.....and pie 😉

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie

Tags are finished, shopping is done, purchasing wrapping paper later today. Hope to be postal on Tuesday!

2BuzyScrapper
Guru
2BuzyScrapper

just checking in hope you all are doing well?

just have three more gifts to get and then i can mail.

after i wrap them. hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving?

hi Santa, hope you are doing great

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

Hi Santa, thanks for writing to me. I'm with the elves, pass the eggnog and we'll wrap gifts after we're a bit giggly. I do love a good cup of eggnog.

Happy belated to Rachel my friend. So sorry I missed it.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the Thanksgiving weekend. I'll finish the bits and bobs so I can get my pal's goody's mailed by end of next week.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK
In response to scrapwriter

My package is postal - yay! Well - it does have to travel extra far to get to you guys from over here, so I thought I should get everything finished and parcelled up and on its way. I almost forgot about the home made Christmas card and had to have a sudden think about that!

I really need to get on with a few more cards now. I have my brother's birthday in mid December and he's in Australia, so time to get organised with this present lark! My son's birthday is December 20th and he'll be here so great treats await this year. In fact, I should be in my scrap room right now - what am I doing catching up here?

Monique - it was lovely to read your life story - I feel we all know a little more about you now - and your kids sound as though they were amazing in the hurricane, bless them!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Well Ladies I lived to tell about it! I worked til 12 am on friday.. I shopped till I dropped! LOL.. I slept all day on friday.. and Ate in between! LOL

How is everyone doing! Today I put my Christmas tree up and cleaned my house.. Tomorrow I hope to start my wrapping..

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Hi Andrea!! Hope you are having a great thanksgiving weekend. The elves are packing all of the goodies in the sleigh and we will be heading your way soon to deliver them.

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

SusieJ, Is your name actually Marilyn? Not sure what you prefer to be called. What I do know is that your gifts are almost all wrapped. I think that you are going to be a happy scrapper. I need to pick up a box at the PO tomorrow. They didn't have the size that I needed when I went last time.
I may have to get the ole sleigh in gear and drop everything down the chimney. Last time everything got soot on it so I try to trust USPS.
HoHoHo!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Stopping by to say hi. I trust that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

SusieJ782
Veteran
SusieJ782
In response to Lorna Lee

Oh Santa! I am so excited! Marilyn is my first name and everyone calls me Susie, my middle name

I will have the Chimney ready for you just in case! I put up my decorations yesterday and boy am I pooped! Well, I also did a little glass cleaning on my curio cabinet (lots and lots of glass) and arranged my Christmas Barbie's. I am not a very good glass cleaner!

I hope everyone got some good deals on Friday! I stayed home, didn't want to get out, but it sure looked like there were some really great goodies on sale! I would have ended up getting more supplies for my scrap room !

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's everyone!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

• ScrappySanta Said:
Hi Andrea!! Hope you are having a great thanksgiving weekend. The elves are packing all of the goodies in the sleigh and we will be heading your way soon to deliver them.

thank you i did. Hope yours was great as well.
I am so excited to get my package. waiting to open is so hard but what is so fun about this swap.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to andrea m

checking in. I have one more tag to make everything else is ready.

Veteran
In response to andrea m

Checking in..

Monique- WHAT an adventure!! Sounds WONDERFUL! I have moved 10 times over the last 40 years including overseas but it doesn't sound like very much compared to you! I LOVED finding new homes- just didn't like the unpacking! I still have boxes in my garage I haven't touched and I'm in this house for 3 years already! Must mean I should just donate whatever is in those boxes!!

Will be finishing my secret pal's tags and card on Wednesday on my day off then off to the post office!! YAY!! What fun this is!

Hope everyone is well.

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Ho Ho Ho Margie!

I hope you and the ladies of this group had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

I'm just stopping by to say hello and check in. I'm almost done wrapping your gifts. I hope you'll like them!

I'll check in again next week. I've still got a lot of work to get done. Have a great week!

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

HO HO HO Pinkalicious,

just checking in? hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving

wrapped all your goodies except three,all your tags are made also

so excited for you to get your gifts.

hope your having a good Monday

be have cause the elves are watching you

i'll pop in next week

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Happy Thanksgiving Lorna Lee!!
Hope you ate plenty of Turkey!!
Your gifts are all ready to be shipped to you on Dec1st!!
I'm so excited for you to get these awesome gifts..
I was just popping in to say hi and see how you are doing..
Me im doing great getting my reindeers ready for your flight to bring you your goodies.. They need to eat so I better get going.. be good!!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Santa, so glad to hear from you. I have been busy trying to get the house looking like Christmas.
Got my pals package ready to go in the mail tomorrow. I was hoping to have Christmas cards ready to go out too but I don't have them done. I am so glad that the PO is really close by.
I have eaten so many leftovers that I am tired of turkey. Boy was it yummy thou. We had a house full of family.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

savvy scrapper amie
Governor
savvy scrapper amie
In response to Lorna Lee

Hello! I'm putting finishing touches on card today and wrapping goodies! Hope to be postal tomorrow!

Getting giddy about this swap!

ScrappySanta
Veteran
ScrappySanta

Hi Zoila your package is on its way.

RachelUK
Queen
RachelUK

Is the rule that we ship on Dec 1st? I have sent mine already but I never know exactly how long its going to take. Usually a couple of weeks but sometimes longer. I send stuff to my son in Ireland and sometimes it comes right back for no reason at all - drives me nuts!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to scrappy_day

Rachel your good. As long as I know your postal that’s all that matters!!

I don’t see anyone posting there Tracking numbers here in the thread. Why is that? If your afraid of your pal seeing them you can privately pm me. Thanks!!!

Page 3 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics