Username Post: Storage for ephemera        (Topic#1667133)
Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf

So i've always had some laying around. but now I'm really getting into ephemera and die cuts. but wondering how to store this in a way that will verify that i use my ephemera well.

ideas?

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to Kitty_wOlf

I buy those old 4x6 photo albums with sleeves for the pics, specially those who can store 48 photos or more, and keep my ephemera there, sorted by theme, one sleeve for numbers, another for words, another for summer items, etc. For me works great, all in one place but not mixed, it makes it very easy to find the one that matches what I need.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 09-16-17 01:29 PM
In response to ELLANVANNIN

I have found whenever I start storing small items, I will never see them again. Out of sight, out of mind. I will forget them to the point I end up going to the store to buy new ones, because I forgot I had them.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kitty_wOlf

I am so glad you asked sweet Kitty

I am so grateful that I have 1000s photos and ephemera I did not get them until after losing my mom & dad and aunts and uncles. I thought about this for a long long time they sell acid free stuff....I am using them.. it is a storage box that hold many many things I also bought acid free file folders to use inside... if the box is me... I made folders that say Linda baby..linda child linda school..this depends on how many things you have in your folder...
then a folder.. pics of mom before dad same with dad I put 1940s folder. you can put decades in for photos.. I put the ephemera in the same folder.. these hold so many pics & stuff.
I put a folder for dads family anything can go in there
I put one for moms family. anythiing can go in there
I had more stuff for 2 close aunts so I made a folder for each one
you can certainly make this work for you

Edited by anda11 on 09-17-17 02:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to don1

• don1 Said:
I have found whenever I start storing small items, I will never see them again. Out of sight, out of mind. I will forget them to the point I end up going to the store to buy new ones, because I forgot I had them.

Arrggg! Me, too!!! I recently grouped mine altogether by theme, put them into large ziplocs, and then store them loose in a 12x12 container. It worked! I needed something "baby" themed, and found what I needed right away. Anything not themed gets stored by color, and that has worked nicely, too. It's all good....until I forget that my bin exists.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics