Username Post: It's Been A Long Time        (Topic#1667165)
CleverEndeavors
Expert
CleverEndeavors

Hi everyone, I've been a member here for SO long, but haven't scrapped in @ 8 years! I've just been invited to a Scrapbook Retreat this next weekend and I'm worried I forgot how.

Has anyone else stopped for a long while and started up again?

There are so many different tools and I have to say I'm more overwhelmed than when I started the first time, 14 years ago.

I'll be unpacking all my supplies this weekend I have enough to open a small store - but I think a trip to Hobby Lobby is going to be necessary if my inks and paints, etc., have dried up. Don't have time to order anything!

Wish me luck, please! Blessings to all, if anyone remembers me, "hi there"! Drop by my profile and say "hey"!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to CleverEndeavors

• CleverEndeavors Said:
Hi everyone, I've been a member here for SO long, but haven't scrapped in @ 8 years! I've just been invited to a Scrapbook Retreat this next weekend and I'm worried I forgot how.

Has anyone else stopped for a long while and started up again?

There are so many different tools and I have to say I'm more overwhelmed than when I started the first time, 14 years ago.

I'll be unpacking all my supplies this weekend I have enough to open a small store - but I think a trip to Hobby Lobby is going to be necessary if my inks and paints, etc., have dried up. Don't have time to order anything!

Wish me luck, please! Blessings to all, if anyone remembers me, "hi there"! Drop by my profile and say "hey"!

I want to welcome you back to this amazing place
I have a thread here titled what are you working on this week or weekend we talk about everything I would be thrilled if you joined us

I have quit for more years than you before do not worry about forgetting how there is no right or wrong in scrapping many years ago I realized that there is no way to scrap everything I have and that is ok that made me feel better scrapping is a fun hobby and should not have to stress you I also do pages that I want to first I do what inspires me 1st I also love looking at the gallery here they really have over a million projects I also scrap different types like simple and plain... busy..flowery.. and everything
I wouldn't worry about all the new tools yet that can make you overwhelmed I love Hobby Lobby if you used your inks on your pages.. then get them
I want to wish you luck but you will be fine
I also want to congratulate you on scrapping again It should be a blast Have a blast at your up coming retreat

Edited by anda11 on 09-23-17 07:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Craftnangel
Guru
Craftnangel
In response to anda11

Welcome back. Don't worry it's like riding a bike. Pick some pics, papers and embellishments and your favorite tools. Don't stress if you forgot anything most likely someone will have it. This place is not how it used to be But their are a lot of talented people.

Edited by Craftnangel on 09-25-17 01:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to Craftnangel

Welcome back to scrapping! Have fun at your crop. You'll know what to do when you start.
I bring the most basic supplies to crops which is one small rolling tote and a tools tote. Just bring what you will be working on and whatever tools or papers will go with the project.
For example, if I'm working on Christmas, I'll just bring that paper along with a packet of stickers or dies that go with it. A few edge punchers, some inks, and that's about it. Have fun!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to gluemore girl

Welcome back! And check your inks first--I'm still using some I bought as far back as 2003.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics