Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: *OCTOBER* The UGLY GAMES! *Poll Results Up*        (Topic#1667167)
MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

Welcome to THE UGLY GAMES (formally known as the Ugly Paper Challenge, we had a vote!)

The object of this challenge is to make your mind work. To think outside the box, and to use up papers (and an embellishment) from your stash that you thought you would never (EVER!) use (or, in the interest of this challenge, you picked up solely to torture someone with…which of course I’ve NEVER done!!), and receive a RAK at the end of the month if you A) receive the most votes at the end of the poll for your LO or B) receive the most votes at the end of the month for the papers you sent, or C) IF there are 10+ players, you fully participate and vote, then you get entered into a random.org poll for voting players. In other words, you fully participate, you vote, you get put in random.org, you receive a RAK.

**PLEASE if you don't think you will finish, please do not join this month. It will take everyone doing their part.**

Quick Overview:
1. Sign up by PMing me your name & address by the last day of the current month. Addresses go out on the first!
2. Mail two UGLY 12x12 pieces of paper (ONE of the papers can be shaped as long as it is CLOSE to 12 inches. Yes, including circles. (If you have questions about the size, send me a PM with a photo of the papers together if you'd like so I can see the size comparison.) and one UGLY embellishment BY THE 5TH to the address you received from me, and please post that you have sent.
3. Check in at least once a week. *Note: I'm not super strict on this, just try not to "disappear" for the whole month!*
--but please post you've sent and share a photo of what you received!
4. When you receive your uglies please share! Please!
5. Turn those uglies into something not so ugly!
6. Post your completed LO to this thread by the end of the month (sb.com time)! (Mostly, as long as you are posted before I get up the morning of the first. If you are willing to stay up until 3am just to finish your LO then I'm going to allow it...because, 3am!!)
7. Vote on LOs AND uglies! (See details below)
8. The LO with the highest votes after the poll will receive a RAK from me!
9. The sender with the highest votes after the poll for ugliest combination will also receive a RAK from me!
10. If there were 10+ players (not including me) then the voting players will get put into random.org for a 3rd RAK.

Detailed:
1) To sign up, Please PM me your name, screenname and mailing address BY THE LAST DAY OF THE CURRENT MONTH and you will be entered. I will send out addresses on THE FIRST OF THE MONTH. (You MIGHT have a chance to send a request “late,” I live in California, and am therefore on Pacific Time, so if you get your address sent before I wander out to the computer the morning of the 1st, you MIGHT make it, but I make no guarantees for anything after the last day of the month!). If you have not signed up by the last day of the month you must WAIT until the following month. NO exceptions! (Except for the exception if you get your address/request to me before I get to the computer on the first of the month! This is because it is too hard to change everything after addresses have gone out!) Although, it’s been known to happen that two people will be “late,” then address exchange is easy, but in that case, it will be up to you and whomever else was “late” to exchange addresses with each other.

2) You then mail two UGLY 12x12 pieces of paper and one ugly embellishment BY THE FIFTH to the address given to you by me. Also, please make a comment here to the thread when you mail your papers out, just to keep everyone informed. Sometimes the mail goes the back-road to places! For example, I've sent to Texas before, but the papers took a detour through Ohio first! **No, I won’t be harsh about this date, sometimes weekends/holidays inconveniently take some of the days, something happens in life, the weather refuses to cooperate, etc. and it just wasn’t possible to get things out by the fifth of the month. What is important is that they get sent as early as possible so there is time for the recipient to “deal” with them, and so it is known if there is a need to do an angel send.**

I've sent papers out as an angel send because the original sender was so late in sending I thought something had happened, even though I had been informed the papers "would be" going out on a certain date, only to have the original sender's show up. There is a difference between sending (up to) a few days late, and sending so late that the month is over half over before they are received (and this was a domestic, within the U.S., send) . I don't know who else to put this, but it's important to be reliable.

3) Make your layout then post here BY OCTOBER 31st.
LO Rules/Guidelines:
- Must use all or part of the two 12x12 papers supplied to you, the embellishment is optional, it is the *twist* for this challenge. Using the embellishment gets you 2 extra votes on your LO.
- Must be able to see both pieces of paper on the layout, if they aren’t immediately obvious, please point them out, but they will still have to be able to be recognized. I emphasize this because of the influx of mixed media products in the scrapbooking world. It is too easy to “lose” the papers behind some paste, ink, and paint! Yes, sometimes the results aren’t as expected, I have had inking attempts come out far darker than I anticipated. This is just a reminder to be careful!
- Must allow public embedding.
- No digital layouts due to the papers being used.
- Layouts must be uploaded here by 10/31 at midnight (or, you know, 3am) to qualify for the votes.
- One layout per person please.
- Must take a before picture of the papers and post on the thread.

4) Then we vote! If ten entries or less everyone will go in the poll, if 10+ entries you will pm me the top 3 (don't vote for yourself, you get a vote for pming me.) You will also get 2 extra votes towards the poll if you used the embellishment sent to you (so when you pm me let me know/remind me if you used your embellie). The winner of the poll will receive a RAK from me. However, keep in mind that you need to have sent papers, received papers, AND completed/posted your LO by the end of the month (sb.com time) to be eligible. Yes, all three. Even if you are participating this month using last month’s papers and you sent papers again this month, you aren’t eligible for the RAK. Why? Because in essence, you just had twice as long to figure out what to do with your papers. You will still be placed into the poll, but you won’t be eligible for the RAK. I MAY make exceptions depending on circumstances, but that will be at my discretion.

5) There will also be voting on who received the worst combination! As with the LO voting, if ten entries or less everyone will go in the poll, if more than ten entries you will pm me the top 3 (don't vote for yourself, you get a vote for pming me). The winner of this poll, as in the person who SENT the papers, will also receive a small RAK…just for being especially creative in finding a horrific beautiful combination! However, keep in mind that you need to have sent papers, AND completed/posted your LO by the end of the month (sb.com time) to be eligible.

NEW STUFF (“Rules” sounded too harsh, and this is supposed to be fun!!!):
-Don’t forget to check in to let us know you didn’t get glued to your table! (If you are on vacation just let me know ahead of time)
-If you do not check in (or, you know, don't disappear) and/or post your layout you will NOT be allowed in the following month with new papers. You may participate again with the papers that you have and you may be required to send new papers out (unless of course you have had an emergency or let us know you will be out of town).
-Starting November 2015, when voting, send me your TOP 3, please! (For both LOs and papers)
-Please post your uglies after you receive them, that way even if you don’t get your LO done the sender will still be in the voting! Unless your sender is willing to wait to have their uglies in the following month! (This isn’t important if you received from me because I’m not in the voting anyhow!!)
-NEW! Starting February 2017: ONE of the papers can be shaped as long as it is CLOSE to 12 inches. Yes, including circles. If you have questions about the size, send me a PM with a photo of the papers together if you'd like so I can see the size comparison.
-If you are a brand new player please go ahead and sign up now.

Extra Notes:
-Easiest way to mail these is to put them between cardboard and tape the edges or you could put them in a tube and mail them that way.
-When/if you send double sided paper you can put an "X" or scribbles or writing on the side you DON'T want the recipient to use. Or, put a sticky note indicating which side to use! Just make sure you don't use something to make with that is going to bleed through to the side you intended to be used!!

Edited by MrsCDJ on 11-13-17 09:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Examples:
Uglies: Not So Uglies:

SEPTEMBER'S WINNER'S

Layout:

I {heart} NY By ErinThomas1981

Papers:

September Uglies Sent to Jenny (Liljenny1) from Char (charcats7)

and, the random.org winner is ... Lori (Lorilei1971)

Edited by MrsCDJ on 10-11-17 11:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

READY TO VOTE! PM ME YOUR TOP 3 UGLY & NOT SO UGLY CHOICES! AND REMIND ME IF YOU USED YOUR EMBELLIE(S) OR NOT!
0. CJ (MrsCDJ) (moved from September)
Ugly: ALREADY VOTED IN SEPT Not So Ugly: NOT IN VOTING
1. Doreen (Doreena)
Ugly: Not So Ugly:
2. Erin (ErinThomas1981)
3. Jenny (liljenny1)
4. Sandra (sasload4) (moved from September)
Ugly: ALREADY VOTED IN SEPT Not So Ugly:
5. Kathy (kathylovestoscrap)
Ugly:
6. Amanda (scrapanda)
7. Sonja (SonjaC) *Moved from September*
8. Christy (Siimplicity)
9. Lori (lorilei1971)
10. Tayrah (AuntyT)
11. Pat (GentlewoodFarms) (moved from September)
Ugly: ALREADY VOTED IN SEPT Not So Ugly:

Edited by MrsCDJ on 11-01-17 10:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Notes for October:

I may or may not be making a trip to Utah sometime between the 4th & 11th. Nobody is telling what the is going on.

I will be making a trip to Phoenix at the end of October (28th-30th) to go to a wedding.

So far I think those are the only abnormalities I have for October!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

I'm in... Already have my papers picked out...
Muahahaha!

ErinThomas1981
Resident
ErinThomas1981
In response to Doreena

I would like to play again!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Muahahaha!

::writting in my ugly notebook::

Oct 2017 challenge - don't give Doreen my address; evil laughter included in sign-up comment.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to ErinThomas1981

• ErinThomas1981 Said:

YAY! You returned!

...just ignore Doreen's evil laughter ..

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to MrsCDJ

I'm in for October!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • ErinThomas1981 Said:

YAY! You returned!

Well, since she received papers from me for September's Challenge.... she's safe!
But as for everyone else.....Muahahaha...

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
Muahahaha!

Oct 2017 challenge - don't give Doreen my address; evil laughter included in sign-up comment.

But that's how I ALWAYS laugh!

Edited by Doreena on 09-23-17 04:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ErinThomas1981
Resident
ErinThomas1981
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • ErinThomas1981 Said:

YAY! You returned!

Well, since she received papers from me for September's Challenge.... she's safe!
But as for everyone else.....Muahahaha...

From what I've seen....I could have had it way worse! Lol

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

I'm going to have to skip October.

I'll be traveling the entire first week, and I just won't be home to mail my papers in a timely fashion.

It has NOTHING to do with the fact that I have not yet finished my SEPTEMBER project -- but it's quite possible that THAT project may have to leap into October anyway.

I'm working this week for an estate sale company -- there's this scrapbooking lady who had a bonus room in her house that is floor to ceiling supplies and tools and papers and ... gads, I thought *I* had a lot of stuff.

The room it roughly the length of a 3 car garage, and it's about 16 feet wide. It's a BIG room. I worked from 8 this morning until 5 this afternoon and did not even get the east wall done. It's going to be a LONG few days. So I think I will probably NOT find any more time for my scrapbooking projects this week. :-( Unless a miracle happens and the house catches on fire or something (which wouldn't be end of the world because it's vacant).

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to GentlewoodFarms

I will have to sit out October- I have wayyyy too much on my plate right now- I'll follow along tho & hope to jump back in when Nov comes along. One MAJOR thing about October- MY SON IS COMING HOME!!! So excited.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to charcats7

Aww, Pat & Char! We'll miss you, but YAY for Carl coming home!!

Now back to scrapbooking estate sale? Are you stocking up on uglies??

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
Muahahaha!

And this explains why it's been over a year since I've let you send to me!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
Muahahaha!

And this explains why it's been over a year since I've let you send to me!!

Dang...really?! That long?! Wow!
Despite my evil laughter, my papers aren't actually that bad... I'm all talk!

kathylovestoscrap
Diva
kathylovestoscrap
In response to Doreena

Hi CJ I am in for October. Can you send me an address asap so I can send directly then I will also bundle a heap up for future ones. I just haven't gotten myself organised with the packages!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to kathylovestoscrap

I just posted mine for September so I am officially in over here!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Scrapanda

I'm in, though I might end up using my September papers for October...

Gonna miss you Pat and Char!

Glad you're back in, Erin!

Guess I could use the pages I had originally picked out for September before I found out CJ was my lucky victim... recipient!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

• kathylovestoscrap Said:
Hi CJ I am in for October. Can you send me an address asap so I can send directly then I will also bundle a heap up for future ones. I just haven't gotten myself organised with the packages!

I still have a set left for October, I miss counted with all the stuff I had going on in August & September! So you're all set for October, but I'll PM you my address for your next bundle!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

And I have you all added, Kathy, Amanda, & Sonja!!

kathylovestoscrap
Diva
kathylovestoscrap
In response to MrsCDJ

Great. Now to get September layout finished. Today's job.

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity

I'm ready...

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Siimplicity

• Siimplicity Said:
I'm ready...

Yikes!

And...
Happy Birthday!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:

I'd like to say, "yes..." but this lady was ... financially well off ... and NOTHING in the entire room is ugly. It's all beautiful stuff - gorgeous papers, die cuts, stencils, embellishments .... Just tons of latest, greatest, and prettiest.

I'm having a really rough time not taking it ALL home with me...

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

I'd like to say, "yes..." but this lady was ... financially well off ... and NOTHING in the entire room is ugly. It's all beautiful stuff - gorgeous papers, die cuts, stencils, embellishments .... Just tons of latest, greatest, and prettiest.

I'm having a really rough time not taking it ALL home with me...

I'll just give you my address....

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Happy Birthday, Christy!

(And I have you added!)

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971
In response to MrsCDJ

I'm in for October. I will be posting my LO in the next day or two. I just need to put some finishing touches on it.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to lorilei1971

• lorilei1971 Said:
I'm in for October. I will be posting my LO in the next day or two. I just need to put some finishing touches on it.

Added!

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to MrsCDJ

Birthdays...

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

I'm done with September s layout, so sign me up!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to AuntyT

Have you added, Tayrah!!

I'll get addresses out tonight. It's a good thing it's Sunday, because I'm already running behind and getting interrupted today!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

Make sure you, and Lorilei, check out my last message in the September thread...

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Make sure you, and Lorilei, check out my last message in the September thread...

Can she put shiny, glittery, flower, baby papers in there too?

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Addresses are out! Everyone should have received at least some kind of message from me!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Can she put shiny, glittery, flower, baby papers in there too?

As long as I get those Kit Kats, I'm good!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to SonjaC

My LO for September is posted, late and I'm sorry. I actually had the LO done, but life took over and it didn't get posted. My papers were sent and should be getting there this week, next week, next month, next year ...

This is my SEPTEMBER LO.

SEPTEMBER UGLY PAPER LAYOUT By Sasload4

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
I will have to sit out October- I have wayyyy too much on my plate right now- I'll follow along tho & hope to jump back in when Nov comes along. One MAJOR thing about October- MY SON IS COMING HOME!!! So excited.

Congrats Char. Enjoy your time with your DS

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
Happy Birthday, Christy!

(And I have you added!)

Happy b-day Christy!!!

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

UH I thought it was somewhat a surprise who gets who except to CJ.
Oh dang it I forgot how much you love shiny, glittery, flower, baby papers Doreen , but they just went postal. You should be getting them soon.

Edited by lorilei1971 on 10-02-17 02:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• lorilei1971 Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Oh dang it I forgot how much you love shiny, glittery, flower, baby papers Doreen , but they just went postal. You should be getting them soon.

Yeah it is a surprise and I would have been surprised ...that CJ actually listened to me... LOL
No worries, I was really only kidding anyway, but I wouldn't have been upset to see the chocolate...

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Mine went postal.
I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself:
1) It's only the 2nd
2) It's Monday

Miracles do happen!

ErinThomas1981
Resident
ErinThomas1981
In response to Doreena

Mailed mine today too

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • lorilei1971 Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Yeah it is a surprise and I would have been surprised ...that CJ actually listened to me... LOL
No worries, I was really only kidding anyway, but I wouldn't have been upset to see the chocolate...

Technically I didn't listen to you...
Technically I had made my list BEFORE I ever read the comment...
So all I have to say is, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • lorilei1971 Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Technically I didn't listen to you...
Technically I had made my list BEFORE I ever read the comment...
So all I have to say is, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

OMG that's funny!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

Hey Sonja, have you seen the Power Rankings yet?

And, umm, at least the Bears aren't last...

Edited by MrsCDJ on 10-03-17 03:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

Ugly Papers (Envelope) October 2017 By Doreena

So apparently Hamlet is playing also!
I had no clue!!
He is so sneaky!
I think when he heard that their might be Candy, AKA Pumpkin Kit Kats, he decided he needed to get in on the action cuz, ya know, he's a Pig!

When I told him there was no candy, he let out a lot of very loud angry snorts, I think there may have even been an f-bomb snort in there, and waddled away quite fast!
I guess that means the "uglies" are mine now!

I'll post a photo of the papers tomorrow when I have better light.
BTW the purple animal print and the pebble print are both part of the mailer, they are not the papers.

Edited by Doreena on 10-04-17 08:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kathylovestoscrap
Diva
kathylovestoscrap
In response to Doreena

Too funny!

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
Muahahaha!

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
I'm going to have to skip October.

I'll be traveling the entire first week, and I just won't be home to mail my papers in a timely fashion.

It has NOTHING to do with the fact that I have not yet finished my SEPTEMBER project -- but it's quite possible that THAT project may have to leap into October anyway.

I'm working this week for an estate sale company -- there's this scrapbooking lady who had a bonus room in her house that is floor to ceiling supplies and tools and papers and ... gads, I thought *I* had a lot of stuff.

The room it roughly the length of a 3 car garage, and it's about 16 feet wide. It's a BIG room. I worked from 8 this morning until 5 this afternoon and did not even get the east wall done. It's going to be a LONG few days. So I think I will probably NOT find any more time for my scrapbooking projects this week. :-( Unless a miracle happens and the house catches on fire or something (which wouldn't be end of the world because it's vacant).

ooh Do you get to pillage any of the goodies?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

I had no clue!!
He is so sneaky!
I think when he heard that their might be Candy, AKA Pumpkin Kit Kats, he decided he needed to get in on the action cuz, ya know, he's a Pig!

When I told him there was no candy, he let out a lot of very loud angry snorts, I think there may have even been an f-bomb snort in there, and waddled away quite fast!

BTW the purple animal print and the pebble print are both part of the mailer, they are not the papers.

Okay here are the papers...
Love the striped paper and borders... everything else? YUCK!

October Uglies By Doreena

Edited by Doreena on 10-05-17 09:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Amanda's comment on my uglies:
"Hmm well not pleasant but do-able I think! "

My first thought:
"That's what she said!"

Edited by Doreena on 10-05-17 12:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Doreena

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Amanda's comment on my uglies:
"That's what she said!"

Oy!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Here are the polls for September:

LAYOUTS POLL!

UGLIES POLL!

kathylovestoscrap
Diva
kathylovestoscrap
In response to MrsCDJ

Voted.
Oh Doreena loving the pink and purple for you!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

My papers have been sent off.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to AuntyT

hi everyone- happy belated B-day Christy

Well- DS landed at Ft Hood, TX on the 2nd I think. So we are anxiously awaiting for them to get them processed thru and loaded on another plain this time to TN

At least he is on USA soil again and we should see him sometime this coming week......

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:

hi everyone- happy belated B-day Christy

Well- DS landed at Ft Hood, TX on the 2nd I think. So we are anxiously awaiting for them to get them processed thru and loaded on another plain this time to TN

At least he is on USA soil again and we should see him sometime this coming week......

Welcome Home, Carl!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

Here's my layout...

Uglies first:

Layout:

In the Jungle By Doreena

Edited by Doreena on 10-07-17 08:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

I had no clue!!
He is so sneaky!

Well isn't he persnickety

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Doreena Said:

I had no clue!!
He is so sneaky!

Okay here are the papers...
Love the striped paper and borders... everything else? YUCK!

Mwahaaahaaa (now I get to do the evil laugh)

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971

Here are the Uglies from Erin. Erin you have caught on quick. I think the paper on the left is really ugly. It hurts my eyes just to look at.
October Uglies By Lorilei1971

ErinThomas1981
Resident
ErinThomas1981

• lorilei1971 Said:
Here are the Uglies from Erin. Erin you have caught on quick. I think the paper on the left is really ugly. It hurts my eyes just to look at.

Sorry Lori!!! (Well...kinda, lol) I am just glad not to have them in my possession any longer...but I'm sure something equally hideous is headed my way any day now! Ha ha

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to ErinThomas1981

• ErinThomas1981 Said:
  • lorilei1971 Said:

Sorry Lori!!! (Well...kinda, lol) I am just glad not to have them in my possession any longer...but I'm sure something equally hideous is headed my way any day now! Ha ha

You go Erin- yup- those are ugly you have earned the face

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

• lorilei1971 Said:

WARNING: Do not look at directly! Whew! Those are something else!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

So, yesterday was football Sunday ...

GO! Chiefs (still undefeated)
GO! Seaaa ... Seahaaa ... *really fast* Seahawks (that was hard)

Chicago plays today...let's see how that goes!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:

Hahaha! I'm proud of you, CJ!
And yeah, let's see... Go Bears! (Maybe)

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to Doreena

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

Dang it, so close! Vikings 20, Bears 17.

Edited by Doreena on 10-10-17 06:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

BTW - I just realized that the Seahawks beat the Rams! Yay, I hate the Rams!
(And the Raiders!
And of course the Packers!)
So I love ANY Team that beats them!

Edited by Doreena on 10-10-17 06:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:

Ohhhh gosh and golly... I'll bet that reeeeeaaaaallllly hurt for you to say... Wish I felt sorry for you....

Nice win tho... Chiefs are looking good!
*ahem*
And I'm secure enough in my adulthood to say that without squirming uncomfortably!

Now... ask me to say that about the Rams, Chargers or Niners... or *shudder* the Patriots and you might wind up on the business end of a hissy fit!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

Dang it, so close! Vikings 20, Bears 17.

Doorman told me this am you guys were robbed of two TDs due to bad holding calls... *wipes off chair* Have a seat next to US on the Crappy-Calls-Cost-Wins Couch....

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

(And the Raiders!

Yes they DID!!

But cheese n crackers that was a stressful game! We had to go to a kid's birthday party in Temple City DURING the game!! We left home at halftime (late) and kept up with the game on our phones. I also went in FULL Hawks gear (as did my DD, of course I have pictures!), despite it being a baseball (i.e. LA Dodgers)-themed party... I got a few nasty looks, but most people were pretty cool about it. It was a good game after all and, had their rookie caught that pass in the last few seconds, it could have gone to OT and gone the other way! Thank goodness our D was ON IT!
*wipes brow*
WHEW!

By the by... did anyone happen to notice how many SEAHAWK fans were in the Ram's crowd Sunday??
Maaakes me happppy!!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Alrighty, I'm ACU on the and the football and am still no closer to working on my uglies from September... Maybe if I took a photo of them at least, then I could ponder them while I am supposed to be working....

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

Ohhhh gosh and golly... I'll bet that reeeeeaaaaallllly hurt for you to say... Wish I felt sorry for you....

*ahem*
And I'm secure enough in my adulthood to say that without squirming uncomfortably!

Now... ask me to say that about the Rams, Chargers or Niners... or *shudder* the Patriots and you might wind up on the business end of a hissy fit!

Oh! I forgot about the Chargers, and the Niners, and the Patriots... all teams I also hate!
Wow, for not being a "sports fan" I sure hate a lot of teams...

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Alrighty, I'm ACU on the and the football and am still no closer to working on my uglies from September... Maybe if I took a photo of them at least, then I could ponder them while I am supposed to be working....

Did you post a photo of them?
Perhaps we can help you w/ ideas...

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

(And the Raiders!

If the Hawks had lost to the Rams, Hawks fans would have to hide their faces!!

But, I am with you on the Ram & Raider hatin', especially the Raiders! And not just because of the Chiefs!

...but the Packers? That makes me sad, but I'll give it to you since they are in the same Division as the Bears and I understand the hate for Division teams! (I'm *allowed* to like the Packers as long as they aren't playing KC! I looked at DH and said, "what happens if there is ever a KC v GB Superbowl?!?!? He said, "you better cheer for the Chiefs!!" Which I would, I just like teasing him. It's fun.)

Edited by MrsCDJ on 10-10-17 09:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

(And the Raiders!

If the Hawks had lost to the Rams, Hawks fans would have to hide their faces!!

But, I am with you on the Ram & Raider hatin', especially the Raiders! And not just because of the Chiefs!

...but the Packers? That makes me sad, but I'll give it to you since they are in the same Division as the Bears and I understand the hate for Division teams! (I'm *allowed* to like the Packers as long as they aren't playing KC! I looked at DH and said, "what happens if there is ever a KC v GB Superbowl?!?!? He said, "you better cheer for the Chiefs!!" Which I would, I just like teasing him. It's fun.)

Well, goodness...I didn't know there were so many "logistics"' involved in sports, hahahahaha!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • SonjaC Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

*ahem*

Oh! I forgot about the Chargers, and the Niners, and the Patriots... all teams I also hate!
Wow, for not being a "sports fan" I sure hate a lot of teams...

Growing up my dad taught me who to "hate," not who to like! And the Raiders & Pats were at the top of the list! That's some good parenting there!

Hawks I learned all by myself...

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to MrsCDJ

ick~~~
October Uglies By Siimplicity

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• Siimplicity Said:

I thought your embellishment was a band aid, LOL

kathylovestoscrap
Diva
kathylovestoscrap
In response to Doreena

Well football with men that wear padding and helmets ----pssssht! Play real men football - rugby league - 110+kg slamming in for a tackle no padding no helmets! Now that is football! Just saying.!

Well thanks Sandra - my uglies arrived and all I can say is great going giving the map of the USA and Thanksgiving to the Aussie girl who has an island for a country and doesn't have a pilgrim in the history anywhere! Nope no Thanksgiving happening here! Aas for the giraffe! Well this is really going to be a challenge.
My eldest daughter spent half an hour rolling on the floor laughing about these ones and then said well Mum it is time to really hunt up some uglies! So watch out everyone. They're coming - Aussie flavoured of course!
October Uglies! from Sandra! By Kathylovestoscrap
I need to re read and check the rules so I can try and come up with something!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Well football with men that wear padding and helmets ----pssssht! Play real men football - rugby league - 110+kg slamming in for a tackle no padding no helmets! Now that is football! Just saying.!

Well thanks Sandra - my uglies arrived and all I can say is great going giving the map of the USA and Thanksgiving to the Aussie girl who has an island for a country and doesn't have a pilgrim in the history anywhere! Nope no Thanksgiving happening here! Aas for the giraffe! Well this is really going to be a challenge.
My eldest daughter spent half an hour rolling on the floor laughing about these ones and then said well Mum it is time to really hunt up some uglies! So watch out everyone. They're coming - Aussie flavoured of course!

Those... are...AWFUL... and I'm making notes in my "Ugly Notebook"... Thanks!

kathylovestoscrap
Diva
kathylovestoscrap
In response to Doreena

You do know it is not nice to laugh at people less fortunate than you don't you????????

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

You do know it is not nice to laugh at people less fortunate than you don't you????????

But *gasping for air* we can't *more gasping* help it!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to MrsCDJ

Kathy - So the pigeon landed and you LOVE the papers and embellie, just KNEW you would!! You are so talented that I had to throw a little stump (well a whole forrest) in there!! And to be truthful I had actually forgot what I sent, laughing so hard I'm sucking on oxygen!! I'm sure I'll be paid back in the future.

I must apologize for not being here but I suffer from Diverticulitis and had a nasty flare up, feeling better now.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

The results of September's polls are:

Layout:

I {heart} NY By ErinThomas1981

Papers:

September Uglies Sent to Jenny (Liljenny1) from Char (charcats7)

and, the random.org winner is ... Lori (Lorilei1971)

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

As a note, I'll be working on July-Sept RAKs this week! Things settled down regarding my grandma, but now I have a limited window to get CU with everything because in a week DS2 has eye surgery, and, so long as that goes well, I will be out of town the last weekend of the month for a wedding!

I have a dry erase calendar in my kitchen, and, excluding weekends, I currently have 7 days that don't have anything written in them...for the whole month...

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to MrsCDJ

WOW CJ, busy, busy, busy bee ever thought of cloning yourself?

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to Doreena

lol...it actually folds in half and has a magnet that holds the ends together.

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity

I don't think I've ever seen anything so ugly...that has to be the worst everrrr.

kathylovestoscrap
Diva
kathylovestoscrap

Yay! I am just so lucky aren't I? Hmmmmmmm still stumped!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
WOW CJ, busy, busy, busy bee ever thought of cloning yourself?

Thought about it, but I didn't have time for another project!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

• Siimplicity Said:

I don't think I've ever seen anything so ugly...that has to be the worst everrrr.

I agree! Yuck!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to SonjaC

I got my papers today and I have to say I think they are not that bad at all and totally doable - even the embellie goes well! I will try to get a photo in the morning.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Scrapanda

Hey Amanda, those papers I sent to Kathy could've been yours, but you guys celebrate Thanksgiving!! LOL

ErinThomas1981
Resident
ErinThomas1981
In response to sasload4

Here are my papers from Christy...she was very, very kind...I love the glittery ampersand embellie! (although this is the second month in a row for paislies pp, lol) She was so kind that it actually makes me feel guilty for what I did to Lori!

October Uglies Challenge By ErinThomas1981

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics