Username Post: New here and looking for suggestions.        (Topic#1667169)
New Kid On the Block

Hey everyone. I'm new to both this site and to scrapbooking in general. For Christmas this year, I'm making my best friend a baby's first year scrapbook for her son, who is also my Godson. I have some ideas and have been working on it so far but I wanted to see if anyone had some ideas for titles for the pages. I thought about just putting one month, 2 months etc, but also thought it would be nice to have unique titles featuring the number of months old he is. Like 1 month at a time for month one, and 9 months in, 9 months out for 9 months. I'm not creative so if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Irish53669 on 09-24-17 03:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to Irish53669

The third month can be "end of 1st quarter" (if your friend has any business background).

If you're not doing the book chronologically you can put together some pages to show progress like "A year of fashion" with an outfit per month.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Irish53669

I want to welcome you to this amazing site and to the wonderful world of scrapping I have a thread here titled what are you working on this week or weekend? we talk about everything I would be thrilled if you joined us

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to anda11

Here is a link to some titles..... I use this when I get stuck... and usually I find something to use.

https://www.scrapbook.com/titles.php

Just scroll down and you will see lots of different sections to look thru.... lots of babies.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

And welcome to the site, hope you will look around and find lots of ideas!!

Craftnangel
Guru
Craftnangel
In response to Sewflake

Hi Irish53669. Welcome . You will get lots of ideas here. Lots of great talent.

My bestfriend made me a book like your talking about. Go to my gallery and you can see it. Maybe you could do something like it. You can find similar books like this here on scrapbook.com or at your local craft store.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Craftnangel

Welcome to the site! Lots of idea everywhere. And hope you join us on some of the thread.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to scrapperbee

Welcome to Scrapbooking and this site!
I've made several baby's 1st year books.
You might think of milestones as titles such as:
1st Bath aka Bubble Fun
1st Smile
1st Laugh aka Giggles
Being held by family aka Intro's
Check out the Gallery and Links shared above.
Hope that helps!

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 09-29-17 04:24 PM
In response to gluemore girl

search the gallery there are lots of ideas there. I like the idea for a page for each month with some milestone words.

Veteran
  • 0612 on 10-02-17 07:33 PM
In response to Kel3

I have done a lot of baby books in the last few years, if you look at my gallery I have a few titles that might help. Like six months of smiles, always on the move @ eight months

Edited by 0612 on 10-03-17 05:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to 0612

I HAVE A SOLUTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-
all you need to do is look up the quotes section and find teh Baby section -- they have tons of ideas for boys and girls !!!!
something like Already two or First month togther or getting to know you is good just remember GOOD IDEA---
if you use a cutesy title and are left wondering where do i actually place the age ?? easy use it in:
a. the journaling on the page
b. do it as a sub title under the cutesy title
c. use a date stamp somewhere on the page !
GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE !!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to mindygail

oh and ....WELCOME TO SCRAPBOOKING AND AN AMAZING SITE - your gonna love it here and yes it is overwhelming to see all these beautiful items for sale but just focus on the current project -- also I forgot to LOOK UP A QUOTE HERE GO TO THE MORE TAB AFTER store gallery classes blog it just says more ! then go grab that cute awesome quote and go for it make that baby scrapbook and i bet she will LOVE it !!! how sweet !!!
mindy gail contact me anytime !!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics