Username Post: Whats wrong with my Fiskars Trimmer?        (Topic#1667311)
mindygail
Pro
mindygail

I have owned the same trimmer for over 4 years and i loved it then i noticed about a year ago my cuts were getting kinda fuzzy - does that make sense i mean the paper after the tim was fuzzy. NOT a straight clean cut anymore so i went to M's and bought a double blad refill -- i popped out (first time ever) my old blade-- popped in the new one and now anytime i cut the orange blade falls out !!!! i dont even have to touch it if i move the trimmer my new blade just falls onto the floor-- there were NO Instructions on the back of my new blades pkg. -- it makes me mad !!!! I have another trimmer i also have an issue with yeah i know what the heck??
my Provo Craft Laminator and Book BInder bundle came with a trimmer even has three blades from perforate to regular cuts -- all it does is score !!!! i have tried everything !!! plus my scissors suck yeah i have blade issues -lol thanks for the help !

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to mindygail

• mindygail Said:
I have owned the same trimmer for over 4 years and i loved it then i noticed about a year ago my cuts were getting kinda fuzzy - does that make sense i mean the paper after the tim was fuzzy. NOT a straight clean cut anymore so i went to M's and bought a double blad refill -- i popped out (first time ever) my old blade-- popped in the new one and now anytime i cut the orange blade falls out !!!! i dont even have to touch it if i move the trimmer my new blade just falls onto the floor-- there were NO Instructions on the back of my new blades pkg. -- it makes me mad !!!! I have another trimmer i also have an issue with yeah i know what the heck??
my Provo Craft Laminator and Book BInder bundle came with a trimmer even has three blades from perforate to regular cuts -- all it does is score !!!! i have tried everything !!! plus my scissors suck yeah i have blade issues -lol thanks for the help !

This happened to me also. After years of owning my trimmer, it started cutting very badly...frayed edges no matter what I did! I contacted Fiskars and they sent me free replacement blades, but those blades cut badly too... both of them! Finally , I just threw it away and bought a new trimmer at Target for $15. It's not Fiskars brand, and it works just fine. I'd say buy a new trimmer. Trying to fix the old one just doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle.
I've had my new one for a couple of years now.
BTW - Walmart has a Paper Trimmer for $10 that's similar to Fiskars and the one I currently own. If mine goes out, I'll replace it w/ the $10 version.

Edited by Doreena on 10-12-17 07:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 10-12-17 12:49 PM
In response to Doreena

The fuzzy cuts are because of a dulling blade.
There are 2 different blade styles K & I.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to don1

Yeah well getting them replaced by the actual company themselves didn't help!

That's when I said forget it and bought a new trimmer!

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to Doreena

Thanks Doreena and Don 1--yeah the paper frays kinda ! I guess ill just get a cheapy trimmer !! last question the second trimmer by Provo Craft that wont cut anymore it has 4 different heads or blades like wavy maybe and perforated and regular etc is it for scoring or cutting ad btw it has cut before im positive !!!
tia!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to mindygail

If the blade is falling out, you don't have it securely popped into place. The first time I changed blades in my trimmer it took me a bit of maneuvering but I got it popped in properly and the new blades cut very well. Buying a new trimmer is an option, but you'll have this problem with any trimmer once the blades get dull.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to chocolateaxel

I got sick of replacing blades. I bought a CutterPillar crop and I LOVE it. It is pricer up front but no more blades! I get great cuts! Worth every penny. There is a 20% code you can use: Michelle20

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics