Username Post: Someone Get Me a Calendar!        (Topic#1667319)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

So today I'm going through my photos that I'd saved onto the computer and came across one taken close-up of 3 iron crosses my grandfather had made for the front of the church my dad pastored. "Easter cards!" I immediately thought. So while everyone else is making Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas cards, I sat today making Easter cards for next year. I definitely need a new calendar. (Or maybe an intervention!)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

You are just well prepared and planning and getting ready early! I love Easter - I bet the cards will be beautiful!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Henri Jean

My problem would be remembering where I stored them. :>) Or anymore, I'd probably completely forget I had made them and make them again, in a panic right before Easter. Getting old has a few disadvantages. lol How neat though to have something so personal to make your cards.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 10-14-17 09:03 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

I don't see a problem, my Christmas cards are made, enveloped, addressed, and stamped. They will be mailed on "cyber Monday".
Next year's Christmas cards have been designed. I will buying the paper after Christmas, when the stores have their sales.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to don1

I always mail my Christmas cards the day before Thanksgiving. Then people start getting them the day after Thanksgiving, which to me, is the start of the Christmas season.

I have other friends that mail the day before Thanksgiving too and I love to start getting cards the day after Thanksgiving and that is when I start playing Christmas music too.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to Henri Jean

I think you got an inspiration and you went for it! Gotta strike while the iron is hot!

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to mrsdriver5

All my photos are stored, in my external hard drive, in a "PHOTOS" folder, organized in sub-folders by theme. But, the first sub-folder is "SCRAPBOOKED". As soon as I finish a layout I move the pics I've used to this folder. I had, in the past, made layouts of pics I'd already done. No more...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ELLANVANNIN

In my computer there is a file with subfolders of the computer files yet to do. I'm working on book 53 now.

All my photos are on my backup drive which gets backed up every Friday. In fact I have 2 externals which I back up every Friday. One for my purse in case something happens to my computer if my house burns down or whatever.

The other backup goes in my safe in case my computer is stolen or my purse is lost or stolen.

All my photos are on the two backup externals except for duplicates of the ones to scrap. Then once I scrap them, I delete them from the computer - which is no problem since they are on the externals. On the external there is a file called
US TRAVEL - DO NOT DELETE another "INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL - DO NOT DELETE and one "FAMILY AND FRIENDS - DO NOT DELETE" I just add to those.

Then when I backup, I delete everything from my externals except for those 3 files and back up. Those 3 files are never deleted form the externals, just added to.

Really works well.

If I delete a photo form my computer that I want to scrap, its not a problem, as it is on the external if I need to get to it again.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics