Username Post: Scan N Cut mat        (Topic#1667325)
scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day

Does anyone have the Brother Scan N Cut? I bought one a few months ago and I have trouble with it taking the mat. It always tells me that the mat wasn't recognized. I clean the edges of the mat and the scanner but still have trouble. What am I doing wrong?
This machine frustrates me so much I regret buying it.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to scrappy_day

I have Scan N Cut. Occasionally it does that but with a second try it works. Have you tried another mat (to determine if it is a mat issue or the machine)? If all else fails contact Brother.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to southgirl

hi Tammi...I haven’t had that happen....do call them, they have good customer service, unlike silhouette cameo....

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to MarciLB

I tried a brand new mat and it still does it. I called Brother and they said to take it to one of their service places. There is one kind of by work so I am going to drop it off tomorrow. It's still under warranty so hopefully they can fix it. I would like to use it!

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

While we are on this Brother subject...do you buy a whole replacement blade/cartridge or just the blade?

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to MarciLB

I think you can get just the blade. I haven't had to do that yet.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Thanks Tammi!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to MarciLB

If it doesn't recognize your mat, you need to clean the scanner. It is underneath the machine, check your manual on how to do this but it's normally a piece of paper or tape on the scanner itself.

scrappy_day
Idol
scrappy_day
In response to binkiemonstermom

Update on the machine:

I called their tech service and they told me to take it to a "service" place which was a sewing machine repair shop. They kept it for 3 weeks before telling me that they weren't able to fix it as they didn't know how. So I had to ship it back to Brother. After a week, I got an email that it was fixed. They replaced the scanner and recalibrated it. It is supposed to ship back to me today. So hopefully it works now after it has been away for a month!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

Yat!!!!! Isn't it great to deal with a company that will stand their product not like others (cough) (cough) Cricut (cough) Gypsy.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics