Username Post: COLOR scheme for December Daily !!!        (Topic#1667329)
mindygail
Pro
mindygail

This 2017 year will be my 4th year to do December Daily (by ali edwards) I have been doing a mishmash of whatever i liked the looks of BUT this year im thinking greens but I need ideas and input on how to actually choose a color theme and if green is a good idea !! I like green and the paper im hoping to get here is perfect (2 sets are greenish) so what am i missing how do i know if this is the way to go ? i plan on purchasing some things here in November so I need to know before the 3rd of November !! THank you for reading -- last year i did pastels and it looked awesome !!! thanks

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to mindygail

Hi Mindy
I like to change up the color scheme on my Christmas albums as well.
I'd check out the store here for ideas looking at Christmas paper collections. You can also take a look at displays in stores and wrapping papers for ideas on color schemes.
I saw a Christmas paper collection at a LSS last weekend that had greens and blues with silver. It was very pretty.
I typically buy a paper pack so I know the colors coordinate and I will use it up. If a whole pack is not in the budget, get a few sheets and coordinate them with solids.
Can't wait to see what you come up with.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to mindygail

• mindygail Said:
this year im thinking greens but I need ideas and input on how to actually choose a color theme and if green is a good idea !! I like green and the paper im hoping to get here is perfect (2 sets are greenish) so what am i missing how do i know if this is the way to go ?

You like green. It's a Christmasy color. You like the paper. I don't think you're missing anything; those are exactly how you know this is the way to go.

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to aquabunny

Ok-- thanks u guys for helping me to see i was already there i mean I see what yall are saying -- I tend to love real light like pastels and real dark colors and this green pack here (2) have both i believe !!!
Yall take care and ill try and figure out how to upload with my new phone !!!!

bonprof
Queen
bonprof
In response to mindygail

Mindy,
I did DD in 2015 and now I want to do on for this year.
I found a great Facebook group. Everyone is sharing their ideas and questions.
You might like it!!

December Daily Inspiration

Edited by bonprof on 10-22-17 03:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to bonprof

I used to belong to a facebook group about dd ill go check back into it -- great idea!!!!
thanks ---

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to mindygail

I think a monochromatic book can look really awesome and clean! The nice thing with the green is if you do accents with wood plank paper or gold, silver or white it will all go nicely!
You can never go wrong with what inspires you!

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to jaxxan

Greens are great but i think im going pastels bc i like them much more and i have selected (from sb.com) a pink binder 6x8 album (so cute) cant wait till Christmas !!
I saw something today at starbucks --
the anticipation is all the fun (something like that ) it really hit home with me it was on a box up ahead of where we were sitting !!! yes i had a coffee drink -- caramel pecan latte (good) but next time im going back for the traditinal pumpkin spice latte !!

Debby Lewis
Pro
Debby Lewis
In response to mindygail

This is year six for me and I chose pastels. I am using Bo Bunny's Carousel as my foundation. I can't wait. This is a big departure from what I normally do.

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to Debby Lewis

Debby-- pastel colors makes for a BEAUTIFUL album for dd!! I did pastels last year and oH so pretty !!!!
Have fun im doing :
Carousel Christmas (also)
Doodlebug Design Milk and Cookies
etc ...

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to mindygail

I won an old (but new in package) Basic Grey Christmas pack at a crop last spring. It's got soft pinks and greens.... excited to use it!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to gluemore girl

I am doing a hybrid on the theme of December Daily. Mine will be a Blessing Book for Thanksgiving tied into the Any Thing Goes Monthly Challenge here as well as a challenge on SCS that has a daily "theme" to interpret anyway you want and work into the pages, like
Getting Ready
The weather
making a list
Gratitude, blessed, grateful
time for trees
decorations

Those you can often do for both holidays....
Then on Thanksgiving I will have family members writing their thoughts observations and I will be in charge of the picture taking. The plan is to have a book each year to look back thru each year.
This is my first year making one.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics