Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: *NOV* THE UGLY GAMES! *Makin' Magic*        (Topic#1667333)
MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

Welcome to THE UGLY GAMES (formally known as the Ugly Paper Challenge, we had a vote!)

The object of this challenge is to make your mind work. To think outside the box, and to use up papers (and an embellishment) from your stash that you thought you would never (EVER!) use (or, in the interest of this challenge, you picked up solely to torture someone with…which of course I’ve NEVER done!!), and receive a RAK at the end of the month if you A) receive the most votes at the end of the poll for your LO or B) receive the most votes at the end of the month for the papers you sent, or C) IF there are 10+ players, you fully participate and vote, then you get entered into a random.org poll for voting players. In other words, you fully participate, you vote, you get put in random.org, you receive a RAK.

**PLEASE if you don't think you will finish, please do not join this month. It will take everyone doing their part.**

Quick Overview:
1. Sign up by PMing me your name & address by the last day of the current month. Addresses go out on the first!
2. Mail two UGLY 12x12 pieces of paper (ONE of the papers can be shaped as long as it is CLOSE to 12 inches. Yes, including circles. (If you have questions about the size, send me a PM with a photo of the papers together if you'd like so I can see the size comparison.) and one UGLY embellishment BY THE 5TH to the address you received from me, and please post that you have sent.
3. Check in at least once a week. *Note: I'm not super strict on this, just try not to "disappear" for the whole month!*
--but please post you've sent and share a photo of what you received!
4. When you receive your uglies please share! Please!
5. Turn those uglies into something not so ugly!
6. Post your completed LO to this thread by the end of the month (sb.com time)! (Mostly, as long as you are posted before I get up the morning of the first. If you are willing to stay up until 3am just to finish your LO then I'm going to allow it...because, 3am!!)
7. Vote on LOs AND uglies! (See details below)
8. The LO with the highest votes after the poll will receive a RAK from me!
9. The sender with the highest votes after the poll for ugliest combination will also receive a RAK from me!
10. If there were 10+ players (not including me) then the voting players will get put into random.org for a 3rd RAK.

Detailed:
1) To sign up, Please PM me your name, screenname and mailing address BY THE LAST DAY OF THE CURRENT MONTH and you will be entered. I will send out addresses on THE FIRST OF THE MONTH. (You MIGHT have a chance to send a request “late,” I live in California, and am therefore on Pacific Time, so if you get your address sent before I wander out to the computer the morning of the 1st, you MIGHT make it, but I make no guarantees for anything after the last day of the month!). If you have not signed up by the last day of the month you must WAIT until the following month. NO exceptions! (Except for the exception if you get your address/request to me before I get to the computer on the first of the month! This is because it is too hard to change everything after addresses have gone out!) Although, it’s been known to happen that two people will be “late,” then address exchange is easy, but in that case, it will be up to you and whomever else was “late” to exchange addresses with each other.

2) You then mail two UGLY 12x12 pieces of paper and one ugly embellishment BY THE FIFTH to the address given to you by me. Also, please make a comment here to the thread when you mail your papers out, just to keep everyone informed. Sometimes the mail goes the back-road to places! For example, I've sent to Texas before, but the papers took a detour through Ohio first! **No, I won’t be harsh about this date, sometimes weekends/holidays inconveniently take some of the days, something happens in life, the weather refuses to cooperate, etc. and it just wasn’t possible to get things out by the fifth of the month. What is important is that they get sent as early as possible so there is time for the recipient to “deal” with them, and so it is known if there is a need to do an angel send.**

I've sent papers out as an angel send because the original sender was so late in sending I thought something had happened, even though I had been informed the papers "would be" going out on a certain date, only to have the original sender's show up. There is a difference between sending (up to) a few days late, and sending so late that the month is over half over before they are received (and this was a domestic, within the U.S., send) . I don't know who else to put this, but it's important to be reliable.

3) Make your layout then post here BY NOVEMBER 30th!
LO Rules/Guidelines:
- Must use all or part of the two 12x12 papers supplied to you, the embellishment is optional, it is the *twist* for this challenge. Using the embellishment gets you 2 extra votes on your LO.
- Must be able to see both pieces of paper on the layout, if they aren’t immediately obvious, please point them out, but they will still have to be able to be recognized. I emphasize this because of the influx of mixed media products in the scrapbooking world. It is too easy to “lose” the papers behind some paste, ink, and paint! Yes, sometimes the results aren’t as expected, I have had inking attempts come out far darker than I anticipated. This is just a reminder to be careful!
- Must allow public embedding.
- No digital layouts due to the papers being used.
- Layouts must be uploaded here by 11/30 at midnight (or, you know, 3am) to qualify for the votes.
- One layout per person please.
- Must take a before picture of the papers and post on the thread.

4) Then we vote! If ten entries or less everyone will go in the poll, if 10+ entries you will pm me the top 3 (don't vote for yourself, you get a vote for pming me.) You will also get 2 extra votes towards the poll if you used the embellishment sent to you (so when you pm me let me know/remind me if you used your embellie). The winner of the poll will receive a RAK from me. However, keep in mind that you need to have sent papers, received papers, AND completed/posted your LO by the end of the month (sb.com time) to be eligible. Yes, all three. Even if you are participating this month using last month’s papers and you sent papers again this month, you aren’t eligible for the RAK. Why? Because in essence, you just had twice as long to figure out what to do with your papers. You will still be placed into the poll, but you won’t be eligible for the RAK. I MAY make exceptions depending on circumstances, but that will be at my discretion.

5) There will also be voting on who received the worst combination! As with the LO voting, if ten entries or less everyone will go in the poll, if more than ten entries you will pm me the top 3 (don't vote for yourself, you get a vote for pming me). The winner of this poll, as in the person who SENT the papers, will also receive a small RAK…just for being especially creative in finding a horrific beautiful combination! However, keep in mind that you need to have sent papers, AND completed/posted your LO by the end of the month (sb.com time) to be eligible.

NEW STUFF (“Rules” sounded too harsh, and this is supposed to be fun!!!):
-Don’t forget to check in to let us know you didn’t get glued to your table! (If you are on vacation just let me know ahead of time)
-If you do not check in (or, you know, don't disappear) and/or post your layout you will NOT be allowed in the following month with new papers. You may participate again with the papers that you have and you may be required to send new papers out (unless of course you have had an emergency or let us know you will be out of town).
-Starting November 2015, when voting, send me your TOP 3, please! (For both LOs and papers)
-Please post your uglies after you receive them, that way even if you don’t get your LO done the sender will still be in the voting! Unless your sender is willing to wait to have their uglies in the following month! (This isn’t important if you received from me because I’m not in the voting anyhow!!)
-NEW! Starting February 2017: ONE of the papers can be shaped as long as it is CLOSE to 12 inches. Yes, including circles. If you have questions about the size, send me a PM with a photo of the papers together if you'd like so I can see the size comparison.
-If you are a brand new player please go ahead and sign up now.

Extra Notes:
-Easiest way to mail these is to put them between cardboard and tape the edges or you could put them in a tube and mail them that way.
-When/if you send double sided paper you can put an "X" or scribbles or writing on the side you DON'T want the recipient to use. Or, put a sticky note indicating which side to use! Just make sure you don't use something to mark with that is going to bleed through to the side you intended to be used!!

Edited by MrsCDJ on 11-13-17 09:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Examples:
Uglies: Not So Uglies:

OCTOBER'S WINNER'S

Layout:

In the Jungle By Doreena AND Poolside By SonjaC

Papers:

October Uglies! from Sandra! By Kathylovestoscrap

and, the random.org winner is ... Erin!

Edited by MrsCDJ on 11-13-17 09:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

My Examples This Month:
0. CJ (MrsCDJ)
Ugly: Not So Ugly:

Tributes:
1. Amanda (scrapanda)
2. Doreen (Doreena)
3. Sandra (sasload4)
4. Pat (GentlewoodFarms)
5. Jenny (liljenny1)
6. Christy (Siimplicity)
7. Kathy (kathylovestoscrap) (Moved from October)
8. Erin (ErinThomas1981)
9. Sonja (SonjaC)
10. Lori (lorilei1971)
Ugly:
11. Tayrah (AuntyT)
Ugly:
Not So Ugly:

Edited by MrsCDJ on 12-01-17 07:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to MrsCDJ

oooh can't believe it's already time to sign up for November! Count me in again!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Scrapanda

I volunteer as tribute!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Doreena

I'm in please

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to sasload4

I got my September project done and posted, so I'm back in the games!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to GentlewoodFarms

YAY! This months Ugly Games are already looking good!

OH! Just a note...I MIGHT be out of town next weekend (28th-30th), we have friends in Arizona that are getting married. It will depend on how DS2s eyes are doing by then, even though the says he "should" be "fine" by then. We'll see, and we'll see what the doctor says tomorrow at his follow-up.

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to MrsCDJ

Me, me, meee

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Siimplicity

• Siimplicity Said:
Me, me, meee

YAY! YAY! Yaaayyy!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

It appears I will be out of town this coming weekend (28th-30th). DH and I will be heading to Phoenix (Arizona) for a wedding. DS2 had his surgery follow-up today and that went well, so he should be good by the end of the week...or so he tells me.

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to MrsCDJ

Me me me!

ErinThomas1981
Veteran
ErinThomas1981
In response to kathylovestoscrap

I'm in...gotta get rid of more of that paper I sent to Lori!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to ErinThomas1981

• ErinThomas1981 Said:
I'm in...gotta get rid of more of that paper I sent to Christy!

I un-volunteer!

Edited by Doreena on 10-23-17 07:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • ErinThomas1981 Said:

I un-volunteer!

NO TAKE BACKS!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • ErinThomas1981 Said:

I un-volunteer!

NO TAKE BACKS!

Dang-it!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Doreena

Save a spot for me, please!!

I am DETERMINED to finish my September uglies this weekend!!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Save a spot for me, please!!

I am DETERMINED to finish my September uglies this weekend!!!

Spot saved!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Just an FYI. I've been out of town since yesterday afternoon, and won't be back until late tomorrow...and my feet hurt because heels aren't fun or comfortable, but it was good to see our friends get married!

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971
In response to MrsCDJ

I'm in. I'll be posting October LO tonight or tomorrow.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to lorilei1971

And I made it! I'm officially in now, CJ!

Nice win tonight, btw!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
And I made it! I'm officially in now, CJ!

Nice win tonight, btw!

DH was VERY happy about it! Our friend, who is also a CHIEFS FAN, was sending us updates as we were driving back from the wedding! We got home in time to actually watch the 4th quarter! And then we rested after our 6 hour drive to Phoenix, wedding weekend, and 6 hour drive home!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

• lorilei1971 Said:
I'm in. I'll be posting October LO tonight or tomorrow.

Gotcha, Tribute Lori!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to MrsCDJ

I'm in please!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to AuntyT

• AuntyT Said:
I'm in please!

And now we have Tribute Tayrah!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

I'm going to move Kathy's papers over here. DS2 & I came up with an idea, Kathy needs to come visit one of us for Thanksgiving, then she can do a LO real quick afterwards! For reference, Kathy, Thanksgiving is the 4th Thursday of November!

Ok, off to do addresses now!

Edited by MrsCDJ on 11-01-17 08:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
I'm going to move Kathy's papers over here. DS2 & I came up with an idea, Kathy needs to come visit one of us for Thanksgiving, then she can do a LO real quick afterwards! For reference, Kathy, Thanksgiving is the 4th Thursday of November!

Wow that will be one very expensive scrapbook page if you figuring her traveling costs, LOL

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

Wow that will be one very expensive scrapbook page if you figuring her traveling costs, LOL

I'd have to add that to the front as a permanent record. Sanda, for papers so ugly Kathy had to find a new country to do them in, and Kathy, for the most expensive LO in the history of the challenge!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Addresses are done! Everyone should have got a PM from me.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
Addresses are done! Everyone should have got a PM from me.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to Doreena

Well I will be the first page finished. Unfortunately no travel plans in the foreseeable future although I would do it just to do the page! And be here for the experience and meet CJ in person and scrap shop when there and just be able to say - I visited America! Not the touristy America but the real thing!

Wait to you see what I have come up with and yes I have managed to use the Giraffe! LOL!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to kathylovestoscrap

• kathylovestoscrap Said:
Well I will be the first page finished. Unfortunately no travel plans in the foreseeable future although I would do it just to do the page! And be here for the experience and meet CJ in person and scrap shop when there and just be able to say - I visited America! Not the touristy America but the real thing!

Wait to you see what I have come up with and yes I have managed to use the Giraffe! LOL!

It'd be a great time to come! You "might" still find Halloween on clearance still, plus the Friday after Thanksgiving is Black Friday. It is the busiest shopping day of the year when EVERYTHING goes on sale for Christmas...then there's Cyber Monday, but I guess you can do Cyber Monday from Australia!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to MrsCDJ

A quick check in and my papers will be out tomorrow.

I really don't see the problem with those super-duper papers I sent to Cathy!!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
A quick check in and my papers will be out tomorrow.

I really don't see the problem with those super-duper papers I sent to Cathy!!!

I think Kathy needs to think of something devious to send the transplanted Scot!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

My papers went out today!

Actually, I don't know how bad they are. I'm tired (needed more sleep) and I can't tell what's ugly anymore! I've been doing this challenge too long, it's affecting my judgement!!

Edited by MrsCDJ on 11-03-17 08:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ErinThomas1981
Veteran
ErinThomas1981
In response to MrsCDJ

Mine went out today too!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

I'm running behind. Mine are in limbo at the moment, but they'll go out in the mail on Monday for sure!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

I'll be sending mine on Monday, I didn't make it to the post office on Friday.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to sasload4

While I was putting together my Anything Goes Challenge kit, I found my papers for this month.

My poor partner. My poor poor partner.

I hope it's Amanda.

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

I'd have to add that to the front as a permanent record. Sanda, for papers so ugly Kathy had to find a new country to do them in, and Kathy, for the most expensive LO in the history of the challenge!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
While I was putting together my Anything Goes Challenge kit, I found my papers for this month.

I hope it's Amanda.

Simmer down Pat, simmer down...

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

I hope it's Amanda.

Hmmmmm .... Large flowery paper, baby boy paper and something glittery for an embellishment, isn't that how you would like it? LOL

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

Pretty soon I'm going to have to put everyone in separate corners!

Pat wants to Amanda
Kathy wants to Sandra
Doreen wants to anyone who dares mention shiny, flowery, glittery, or baby paper(s) OMG! Do you think we could find two different papers that encompass all that? One baby boy, one baby girl??!! (show of hands, who just tried to Google that?? )

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
Pretty soon I'm going to have to put everyone in separate corners!

Pat wants to Amanda
Kathy wants to Sandra
Doreen wants to anyone who dares mention shiny, flowery, glittery, or baby paper(s) OMG! Do you think we could find two different papers that encompass all that? One baby boy, one baby girl??!! (show of hands, who just tried to Google that?? )

Well now Doreen wants to CJ for reminding everyone of what Doreen doesn't like!

BTW - why is Doreen referring to herself in the 3rd person?

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

I hope it's Amanda.

Hmmmmm .... Large flowery paper, baby boy paper and something glittery for an embellishment, isn't that how you would like it? LOL

Hey not you too!
Yup my list is getting longer...

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to Doreena

Okay I finally did it! Alas the giraffe got the flick as it just wouldn't go together.
So here is a reminder of Sandra's delightfuls to me

And here is what I did to them! Give Thanks for our inner turkey By Kathylovestoscrap

Well waiting for December now!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

I hope it's Amanda.

Bring it on Pat!!!!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Scrapanda

Oh and my papers went out Friday!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Scrapanda

Off to go watch some football with our friends!!

Chiefs play the Cowboys today ... there will be 3 Chiefs & 1 Cowboy sharing the same living room in a few minutes! We've all tried helping her (the Cowboy fan) to see the error in her ways, but so far she is resistant.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to MrsCDJ

I just mailed my uglies and they are not going far!! Should be there Thursday.

I got my uglies today, I'm out and about when I get home I'll take a photo. Already have an idea swirling around in my head.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to sasload4

My Uglies went out this morning.

And...apparently I picked and packed them sometime last month because other then the "To" address it was ready to go!

So that means I will be as surprised as my victim as to what's inside that package --- hopefully it's not empty!

Edited by Doreena on 11-06-17 01:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

Mine went postal this morning. I know EXACTLY what's in there and MY partner is going to be very very sad surprised at how I found something special just for her!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Mine went postal this morning. I know EXACTLY what's in there and MY partner is going to be very very sad surprised at how I found something special just for her!

::GULP::

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

*checks list of who sent to who*

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
My Uglies went out this morning.

And...apparently I picked and packed them sometime last month because other then the "To" address it was ready to go!

So that means I will be as surprised as my victim as to what's inside that package --- hopefully it's not empty!

It's a lovely surprise for ALL!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

My uglies from Tayrah arrived today, give me a few and I might actually manage to get a picture taken tonight!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

I've got my uglies, so I'm safe!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

Here are my uglies from Tayrah. You'll notice she sent back the unused rubber ducky stickers from last month that went out with the papers from Kathy. She. Sent. Them. Back! I didn't want them back! I didn't want them at all!!

Nov. 2017 Ugly Papers By MrsCDJ

Edited by MrsCDJ on 11-06-17 08:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
Here are my uglies from Tayrah. You'll notice she sent back the unused rubber ducky stickers from last month that went out with the papers from Kathy. She. Sent. Them. Back! I didn't want them back! I didn't want them at all!!

OMG those papers are horrible! I'm about to go to bed and now I think imma have nightmares!
The ducks aren't so bad but I wouldn't want them either... I already have some!
BTW - I think there should be extra point for sending back unused ugly items!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

I've got my uglies, so I'm safe!!

For this round, anyway.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

Yes, it is a coincidence that I am posting the polls on Voting Tuesday! So when you're done voting for your local elections, come vote in the Ugly Games!

VOTE! Ugliest Papers Sent!

VOTE! "Best" LO!

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to MrsCDJ

You all just keep me in stitches~~~

liljenny1
Diva
liljenny1

So I am a nerd and posted in last months feed.

My Uglies went out a few days late. I pinched a nerve in my neck and couldn't drive as it hurt to turn my neck

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to liljenny1

• liljenny1 Said:

My Uglies went out a few days late. I pinched a nerve in my neck and couldn't drive as it hurt to turn my neck

I've had that happen before, it was agony and annoying not being able to even think about moving my neck for fear it might try and twitch! Hope you're feeling a lot better now!!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • liljenny1 Said:

I've had that happen before, it was agony and annoying not being able to even think about moving my neck for fear it might try and twitch! Hope you're feeling a lot better now!!

OOOhhh I get that every once in a while too! TORTURE!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

Got my uglies and all I can say is...
Is that the best you got?!
I actually like them!
Despite the bit of glitter and flowers on the one on the right...
Which was the first paper I pulled out... which caused me a brief moment of panic...

November Uglies By Doreena

Already have a couple of ideas, one of which my husband helped me w/...

Edited by Doreena on 11-10-17 08:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

Got my uglies and all I can say is...
Is that the best you got?!
I actually like them!
Despite the bit of glitter and flowers on the one on the right...
Which was the first paper I pulled out... which caused me a brief moment of panic...

November Uglies By Doreena

Already have a couple of ideas, one of which my husband helped me w/...

Did anybody else just say, "Challenge Accepted," in their head? Or was that just me?

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

Yes...
"You better bring it!"
BTW bonus points to anyone who can respond to my quote with the quote that follows it...
It's from a movie...

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:

Okay that is a really awful color combination and that black and yellow paper reminds me of crazy clothes from the 80's. Maybe Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo bad. But I seriously love those ducky stickers. You can pass them along if you'd like. I just came by some photos of my daughter when she was young and playing in the bathtub.

Oh and by the way I want to apologize to my tribute because I didn't get my papers out til yesterday. So they're supposed to arrive on Monday.

Edited by lorilei1971 on 11-10-17 02:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Yes...
"You better bring it!"
BTW bonus points to anyone who can respond to my quote with the quote that follows it...
It's from a movie...

Oh! It's been brought-en!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
Yes...
"You better bring it!"
It's from a movie...

Yay... CJ gets bonus points!
I thought I was going to have to wait for Sonja but nope, you got it!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
Yes...
"You better bring it!"
It's from a movie...

Yay... CJ gets bonus points!
I thought I was going to have to wait for Sonja but nope, you got it!

I can't say I'm entirely proud I know that one, but for bonus points none-the-less!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

I meant to do the poll results over the weekend. I'm not sure what happened to Saturday, but yesterday I spent 6 hours cleaning and reorganizing the extra bedroom so DS1 would have a place to sleep next week when he comes home for Thanksgiving. When I was bringing things home from my grandmas it all just got shoved into that room, It wasn't necessarily FULL it was just not functional. It's in far better condition now!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Poll Results!

There was a tie for the LOs:

And, the ugliest papers, which I'm sure is no surprise to Kathy...

and the Random.org winner is .... Erin!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
Poll Results!

Yeah the Ugly Paper winner definitely NOT a surprise! LOL!!
And I was one of the winners for best layout?! TY so much!
Congrats to the rest of the winners as well!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

My ugly papers must be lost in the mail or something. I haven't seen hide nor hair of them.

Maybe the post office got a peek and decided to save me from a fate worse than ... something.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

O.M.G. I am cackling over here like a deranged hyena!

First of all - I DID know that quote... and I'm also ashamed that I do....

Second - No... Doreen, your little box of -ness was NOT empty. Allow me to take a photo tomorrow and I'll REMIND you of what YOUR evil behind sent me, Doreen!!! (As if you didn't know... I call BS on that whole sob story!)

Third - Awww! I'm proud and humbled to share the spotlight with Doreen (esp since I didn't get to vote on either!! )

Fourth - Last week was the week from H.E.L.L. and a handbasket (read: could not catch a breath busy) and so MY uglies are just going to go out today. (hint: they're headed EAST ) They actually technically travelled all the way up to Seattle with me on Thursday - ahem and back on Sunday - because I (stupidly) thought I'd have time to get to the PO while I was there and REALLY throw my 'friend' off! BUT as luck would have it (or lack thereof as the case may be), I never made it to the PO in WA --- SOOOO they're going postal today from good ol' CA!

Could life please please slow down?!? Just a little??

Fifth... and most importantly -- brace yourselves, sports talk here -- SHERMAN is OUT for the season!!!!
He ruptured his Achilles on Thursday's game and apparently has been playing with an injured one all season.... That's TWO Legion of Boom down though ET3 will hopefully return next weekend... Someone encase Bam-Bam Kam in bubble wrap or our D is going to collapse like the Hindenburg!

::mike drop::

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
O.M.G. I am cackling over here like a deranged hyena!

First of all - I DID know that quote... and I'm also ashamed that I do....

Second - No... Doreen, your little box of -ness was NOT empty. Allow me to take a photo tomorrow and I'll REMIND you of what YOUR evil behind sent me, Doreen!!! (As if you didn't know... I call BS on that whole sob story!)

Third - Awww! I'm proud and humbled to share the spotlight with Doreen (esp since I didn't get to vote on either!! )

Fourth - Last week was the week from H.E.L.L. and a handbasket (read: could not catch a breath busy) and so MY uglies are just going to go out today. (hint: they're headed EAST ) They actually technically travelled all the way up to Seattle with me on Thursday - ahem and back on Sunday - because I (stupidly) thought I'd have time to get to the PO while I was there and REALLY throw my 'friend' off! BUT as luck would have it (or lack thereof as the case may be), I never made it to the PO in WA --- SOOOO they're going postal today from good ol' CA!

Could life please please slow down?!? Just a little??

Fifth... and most importantly -- brace yourselves, sports talk here -- SHERMAN is OUT for the season!!!!
He ruptured his Achilles on Thursday's game and apparently has been playing with an injured one all season.... That's TWO Legion of Boom down though ET3 will hopefully return next weekend... Someone encase Bam-Bam Kam in bubble wrap or our D is going to collapse like the Hindenburg!

Yay you're back!
Glad you were able to check in but not glad to hear about your week from H.E.L.L.

I KNEW you would know that quote LOL!

And I SWEAR on my Pumpkin Spice I cannot remember what I put in the package! Swearing on my Pumpkin Spice? You know I'm not lying!
I can't wait to see it!

And I have a video you'll get a kick out of...
I'll try to link it later.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to Doreena

LOL Oh boy... I guess I have to believe you now... Swearing on your Pumpkin Spice is serious business!

Technically the whole week wasn't H.E.L.L. as the quick trip to Seattle was fun. Saw the family, celebrated my sister's baby shower that I've been planning with my mom for months (and it went really well, project photos to follow), spent some quality time with my parents and my son got some one-on-one time with grandpa at his garden train show as well as playtime with Nana and Papa and his friend who lives two houses over from my parents. Lots of pics.... added to the pile to scrap! LOL!

The H.E.L.L. part was leading up to that trip - between work, prepping for the shower and DH deciding to pick a massive fight the day before we leave just drained me emotionally, physically and mentally. The good news is I was able to recover (mostly) in WA and come back ready to take on the holidays (hopefully)!

I also got my first Peppermint Mocha of the season!
(And it was not a Starbucks PMM! The mom-pop espresso shops are actually where the WA locals go more so than Starbucks...
YOU may be passionate about pumpkin spice, Doreen, but I am passionate about peppermint!

Edited by SonjaC on 11-13-17 01:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
LOL Oh boy... I guess I have to believe you now... Swearing on your Pumpkin Spice is serious business!

Technically the whole week wasn't H.E.L.L. as the quick trip to Seattle was fun. Saw the family, celebrated my sister's baby shower that I've been planning with my mom for months (and it went really well, project photos to follow), spent some quality time with my parents and my son got some one-on-one time with grandpa at his garden train show as well as playtime with Nana and Papa and his friend who lives two houses over from my parents. Lots of pics.... added to the pile to scrap! LOL!

The H.E.L.L. part was leading up to that trip - between work, prepping for the shower and DH deciding to pick a massive fight the day before we leave just drained me emotionally, physically and mentally. The good news is I was able to recover (mostly) in WA and come back ready to take on the holidays (hopefully)!

I also got my first Peppermint Mocha of the season!
(And it was not a Starbucks PMM! The mom-pop espresso shops are actually where the WA locals go more so than Starbucks...
YOU may be passionate about pumpkin spice, Doreen, but I am passionate about peppermint!

Peppermint you say?

Well, look at this photo I just posted to my IG food account:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbcRUXWHqKO/

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
Poll Results!

I can't believe those horrible papers I received didn't win. I have plenty of leftover if anyone wants them.

ErinThomas1981
Veteran
ErinThomas1981

Yay! I am very excited!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Oh shucks! Ugliest papers! I really am quite proud. As for the ducks I do not know what you are all talking about. I thought they were perfectly appropriate for this forum LOL!. Glad they're not in my collection anymore!
Great layouts winners. This month is shaping up pretty well as well. Hmmm strange word order there sorry.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
My ugly papers must be lost in the mail or something. I haven't seen hide nor hair of them.

Maybe the post office got a peek and decided to save me from a fate worse than ... something.

Your papers should've been delivered Thursday or Friday. I'll need to find the receipt and check the tracking.

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

Your papers should've been delivered Thursday or Friday. I'll need to find the receipt and check the tracking.

I didn't get mine yet either. When I went to small local PO today there was a guy with a butt load of eBay packages he was sending out. I wonder if that may be slowing down the entire country's delivery system. Lol. I hope my tribute got hers yesterday.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

They got here last night -- what I mean is, they were sitting on the kitchen table when I got home from work last night.

They're pretty awful.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • sasload4 Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

They got here last night -- what I mean is, they were sitting on the kitchen table when I got home from work last night.

They're pretty awful.

Well of course they are "pretty awful"...they came from Sandra!

Sandra is the new Debbie!

Speaking of... where's Debbie isn't she playing this round?

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • sasload4 Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

They're pretty awful.

I don't know where she is Use the force and find your Master, young Padawan!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:

I'm not happy when players get hurt, even if I don't like them...so I'm sorry Sherman is injured.

Speaking of football, Doreen ... I don't know if you realize that the Packers beat the Bears Sunday

Chiefs were on their bye-week, hopefully the used that time to pull their heads out of their ... nevermind.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • SonjaC Said:

I'm not happy when players get hurt, even if I don't like them...so I'm sorry Sherman is injured.

Speaking of football, Doreen ... I don't know if you realize that the Packers beat the Bears Sunday

Chiefs were on their bye-week, hopefully the used that time to pull their heads out of their ... nevermind.

I just heard they lost... didn't see it, thankfully!
And yeah, players getting hurt is no bueno!

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to Doreena

Lori honey, fear no more~~the UGLIES have arrived...

November Uglies By Siimplicity

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

• Siimplicity Said:

I love the image on the tag!!!!

Lori, is that a stamp? Is it a pre-printed tag???

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• Siimplicity Said:

Ummm...why is the tag wearing a dress?!

Is it at least a "girl" tag?!
No judgement if it's not though...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:

If that's the case, my Hawks could use another Bye week to GET WELL and remind the O and the D to show up at the same time!!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

If that's the case, my Hawks could use another Bye week to GET WELL and remind the O and the D to show up at the same time!!!

I'd be happy if the Chiefs O would just show up!

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Siimplicity Said:

Ummm...why is the tag wearing a dress?!

LOL...I acutally LIKED the tag, until you pointed out the "dress" thing....

lorilei1971
Expert
lorilei1971
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Siimplicity Said:

I love the image on the tag!!!!

Lori, is that a stamp? Is it a pre-printed tag???

I didn't make it. I got in a mystery swap back in 2014 here at SB.com. I never found a use for it so I thought I'd pass it along.
I still haven't gotten my papers

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• Siimplicity Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • Siimplicity Said:

Umm m...why is the tag wearing a dress?!

LOL...I acutally LIKED the tag, until you pointed out the "dress" thing....

Oops sorry! Just ignore me.,... like CJ and Sonja do...
LOL

Speaking of.... Sonja, where are YOUUUUU!
I want to see what papers I sent you!

Edited by Doreena on 11-15-17 05:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

Oops sorry! Just ignore me.,... like CJ and Sonja do...
LOL

Speaking of.... Sonja, where are YOUUUUU!
I want to see what papers I sent you!

Ignore is a strong word! I prefer selective listening reading!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • sasload4 Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

They're pretty awful.

I'm not sure where Debbie is this go around, I'm hoping all is well with her.
Debby would be VERY proud of my choice of papers.
My pride is injured and hurt to be accused of sending 'AWFUL' papers, not I, not ever, I send a beautiful, gorgeous, lively, lovely, stunning, even elegant array of total dysfunction each month I play, 'NEVER AWFUL'!! Maybe the MONISTAT STAMP needs to put in an appearance!! I'm more than happy to share with all of you ladies my super selection of 'pretties'!! Roll on December...

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics