Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: NOVEMBER Angel Card Swap - CLOSED        (Topic#1667349)
Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to Meggies Nana

Hello sweet angels! Karen your card is so sweet, bright, & sure to make someone smile!:)

Kayla, a break would be great as there is so much going on with making Christmas cards, baking, etc!

Have a great day!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

Marylou - I think that's what we'll do! I'll open a thread for December where we can just chat about our Christmas baking and share when we receive happy mail!

And to help you find your way back to the Angel Swap for January!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Kaylann

Ohh...Id like to have a thread to just chat and keep in touch, etc

scrapperb2
Mayor
scrapperb2

Hopefully I will be a new Angel in the swap. I feel comfortable as I am friends with most of you. I hope to be included in the future.
I agree with Ro, a Christmas Chatter would be nice Linda

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to scrapperb2

Linda - Sure! Come on in and chat with us through November/December! And on January you can jump in if you feel comfortable with it!

And I will set up a thread in December for Christmas chatter!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Kaylann

Hi there Linda! It would be great to have you join us!

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to rolbricht

That would be great to share family traditions & other things. Looking forward to it!

Linda, so glad you are going to join us!

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4

Good morning.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to TexasMomOf4

Good Morning!

How's everything going Karen?

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Kaylann

Good Morning.

Day after Thanksgiving I'll PM the Christmas list!

Nylene - Where are you?? I need you addy for the Christmas list.

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to Kaylann

Good morning sweet lovelies! Kayla, woohoo on the Christmas list & that will give us plenty of time to create a card for our partner!

I think I have finally got my new computer figured out! What a job & so thankful I have a great computer guy who comes to my house when I cry "HELP"!!! I am sure he doesn't want to hear from me for a while though!

Kayla, I did mail my card out on Wednesday.

Have a wonderful & blessed weekend sweet

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

Okay ... Front updated!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to Kaylann

Kayla, I am so sorry to be absent. I don't know why I have such a hard time getting into my scraproom and on the computer. I have started teaching at a new school the last 2 weeks and have been filling in for absent tutors. It takes more time than I realized. My husband and I have also been filling in for an Addiction Group leader who just had hip replacement. She will be back in December so we can go back to just 2 nights a week instead of 4.

I thought you had my address, but I'll pm it to you after this post.

Joyce, I am so sorry about the loss of your nephew. I am sending you hugs and prayers for all your family members and especially for you.

Your cards are all beautiful. I am still working on mine but will have it in the mail by Tues. I will try to remember to take a photo and post it here first.

Linda, it's so nice to have you join us. I hope you are doing well.
You will love this sweet group!

I'll be more faithful next week, I promise.
Nylene

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Nylene motherbambi

It's okay Nylene - I was just wondering if you were doing okay!

I thought I had it too but I must have lost it somewhere along the line!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

My card is in my gallery. I will put it in the mail next week so he gets it in the right timing.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

Masculine Birthday Card By Lorna Lee

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4
In response to Lorna Lee

Good morning. It is a bit cooler today. Today is the last race for my husband and my 2 oldest. It is a half marathon. They also have a bet going to see who can reach their goal time or get the closest to it. Then in about 3 weeks my crazy husband is going to attempt to run 100 miles in 30 hours (I believe) at one of our state parks. Hopefully there will be no alligators to deal with. My 3 older children are going to be his "pit crew". They can actually run parts of it with him.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

• TexasMomOf4 Said:
Good morning. It is a bit cooler today. Today is the last race for my husband and my 2 oldest. It is a half marathon. They also have a bet going to see who can reach their goal time or get the closest to it. Then in about 3 weeks my crazy husband is going to attempt to run 100 miles in 30 hours (I believe) at one of our state parks. Hopefully there will be no alligators to deal with. My 3 older children are going to be his "pit crew". They can actually run parts of it with him.

Hey Karen. Just wanna wish your family good luck with their race today and to your husband with the 100 mile run coming up in three wks. Why someone would want to do that is beyond my thinking...lol

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4
In response to rolbricht

Today was the last race in the Toughest Bridge Series. Scott, Bryon and Lauren ran a half marathon over the Fred Hartman Bridge. It was cold this morning, but despite the cold they all did well. Scott 2:15, Bryon 2:55 and Lauren 3:05. The best part is that Lauren won the bet. Whoever reached their goal time or came closest to it got $100. Lauren came the closest at 5 minutes past her goal time.

Half Marathon By TexasMomOf4

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana

Karen, how exciting that they finished their race & marathons. Good for them!:) I hope your life is seeing some form of normalcy even though your house isn't quite there yet.

100 miles??? I am with RO why?? I know people love it, but a nice leisurely walk for me is perfect!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

Karen - Congrats to your family!!

I will be away for the week. I am going to help my grandma who had open heart surgery a couple months ago. When I get back I will send out the Christmas list!!

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Kaylann

Peeking in to say hello.

Been SICK the past four days. Ugh . . . . I think I left parts of my lungs somewhere around the house.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to Vivian Lake

Kayla, stay safe & how kind of you to help out your grandma. We will hang in there till you return!!:)

Vivian, I hope you get to feeling better soon. I had that cough & crud a month ago & I thought I had coughed up a lung! I totally understand!

Have a great week sweet

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana

Hello sweet ones....I will be busy Wednesday preparing for Thanksgiving, but wanted to wish you all a Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving! Enjoy your loved ones & make some good memories!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Tomorrow will be a cooking day for me as well.
Happy Thanksgiving Angels

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Lorna Lee

Dear angels, may God always bless you with plenty. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to rolbricht

Hello, everyone.

Vivian I'm sorry you have been sick. Hope you will feel OK for Thanksgiving.

Karen, that's really cool that your family has lots of runners. Congrats to all of them on the run.

My card is in the mail.

Saying Hello Encouragement Card By Nylene Motherbambi

I hope all of you US Angels have a great Thanksgiving and have the blessing of having friends or family around.
Nylene

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana

Nylene, your card is so beautiful & love the bg work!

Thanksgiving is coming to an end. My grandsons made a dent in the dinner & lots of leftovers for them to take home. Right now turkey doesn't even sound good!! All that work & over so quickly.

I hope all of you angels had a blessed day!

Get some rest

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

Heyy!! I'm back!

How was your Thanksgiving? Did any of you get out to shop on Black Friday?

The Christmas list will go out TODAY!

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4
In response to Kaylann

Good morning. This morning my daughter and my husband went down to run on the beach. They will be running a marathon in February on the beach.

I don't go out and shop on Black Friday. If I do shop, I shop from the comfort of my home. Because of Harvey my Christmas shopping, baking, crafting and decorating have all been thrown off. I am happy to say that I have one more online order to place, one store to go to and then I just need stocking stuffers.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Kayla, I hope Grandma is doing much better.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to rolbricht

Ro - She's still weak. She had a bout of pneumonia a few weeks back and she's still not fully recovered.

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to Kaylann

Hi Kayla, welcome home! We missed you & your angels behaved themselves, probably because we were busy cooking & baking!!

I am so glad you spent time with your grandma & I am sure she treasured the time with you.

I don't do Black Friday! My grandkids get money & that works for me.

Karen, I am sure this is a difficult time with not having any of your decorations that I am sure you have collected thru the years. Will you buy new things & have a tree? Running on the beach is a tough one!;)

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

I need some help here!

This is a card I made a few years back... And I've been searching all over for more sentiments like I used here and can't find any! Would any of you happen to have any?

Loss Feels Fresh By Kaylann

Thanks!

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4
In response to Kaylann

Good morning ladies!

I got the Christmas Card list. Now, to start planning the cards.

Marylou - We are lucky to live in a two story house, so all of my Christmas decorations are upstairs. With the first floor being a construction zone there is no where to set up my decorations. I do have a 12" tree that I might put up, but I'm not sure where at the moment. My only prep space in the kitchen is my table, so I can't do my normal Christmas baking especially since a lot of my pots and pans and such are packed away in the attic. Although, I was thinking last night that I could bake mini loaves of bread in those mini holiday tins. It's just going to take some creative thinking this year.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

Good Morning!

Excited to see some Christmas cards start going out! I LOVE this holiday. It's got such an incredibly deep meaning!

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Kaylann

Is there a separate forum for the Christmas card swap?

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Vivian Lake

Vivian - Thanks for the reminder! I was going to start one. BBL with the link...

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi
In response to Kaylann

My cards except for the address I got today went out this morning.
I have to apologize for typing rather than hand writing the messages inside. My arthritis is bad right now and I have a hard time holding a pen. It will clear up, but I knew I couldn't hand write all I wanted to say.
Hugs to all you sweet Card Angels

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

After we hear from the recipients, should we show our own sent Christmas cards? Since most will already be in or will soon be in our own galleries they would be easier to share than having to load and post all the cards we receive.

Nylene, youre really on the ball!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to rolbricht

Here is the link for the December thread. Hope to see you all there!

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Kaylann

Nylene - Excited!!

Ro - Sharing cards is totally fine! We would love to see what everyone gets!

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to Kaylann

Nylene, I type all mine as I have tremors, so don't feel bad. We do what we have to do!:))

Kayla, if you go into Pinterest & type what kind of verses you want you will find all kinds. I have a book that I write down verses that I like. If you need something special just PM m & I might be able to help!;)

Looking forward to making cards for my sweet angels. I will be leaving on Thursday for Greeley to spend a week with my mom & sisters. I really have lots to do plus baking. Cards might not be quite as detailed as I would like!

Karen, thanks for sharing about your house & improvising!:))

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

I did try that Marylou but I didn't find a whole lot of anything. I found a few but I don't particularly like them. But I'll use them if I find no others.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Kaylann

Kayla, either your link isnt working or you have me locked out. Did I do something bad?

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to rolbricht

Ro - Not that I'm aware of! Do you need to confess something?

Try again ... if it won't work I'll make a new one. It worked for me ...

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to Kaylann

Oh no is RO in trouble? If she has to confess something she has to tell all of us....YIPPEE!!

Kayla, the other thing I do is just type in my home page what I want, example: sympathy verses for cards, etc. Sometimes you find good & sometimes not!. Do you want sympathy or what?

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

DUH RO!! I was clicking on the November link in your signature...

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

So for example my friend that fell to her death from a grain leg earlier this year ... I would like a sentiment for a Christmas card for her parents that would be fitting. Something like I used for the card above ... but that is the ONLY sentiment that I've got that I truly like and I was hoping one of you would have a couple more ... Am I making sense?

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Kaylann

Took my card to the PO today. Hoping that it makes it's way to the recipient just in time

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Lorna Lee

Hi Lorna. Do you know if your sis got her card?

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to rolbricht

I haven't talk to her. I need to give her a call to check on her. I am sure that she will tell me and I will let you know. I hope that mailing at the PO today puts Doug card there just in time. I added extra postage since it was a bit bumpy.

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann
In response to Lorna Lee

Good Morning!

Will get the front updated and ready to move out.

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4
In response to Kaylann

Good morning

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics