Username Post: How to store albums        (Topic#1667559)
nanof8 
Veteran

We are going to be packing up our house and putting everything into storage and I am not sure how I should store my albums which I have lots. Things will be in storage for 3-4 years as we are off travelling in our caravan.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to nanof8

I would definitely see about climate controlled storage and certainly dust free. Not sure what other precautions but lets see what others know.

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 11-21-17 09:03 AM
In response to gluemore girl

Don't leave it with your parents! It will end up in the basement and get ruined by water damage!
Personal experience. Yes it's hard to let go. Those were a really good collection of baseball cards and comics.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to don1

Do you have a longtime friend or do you have family you can leave them with? If you put them in regular storage it would have to be temperate controlled - definitely. Even then I worry about bugs and things. Best in someone's home, even if you just leave your favorite scrapbooks with someone.

My mother lives 10 hours from us but if we took off for several years (and BIll has considered taking overseas jobs for years at a time for us), - we left for an extended time, I would drop them off with her.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Henri Jean

Also, make sure you store them standing upright, even if they're in a box. Otherwise, embellishments, i.e. brads, flowers, etc., can make indents on adjoining pages.

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 11-30-17 01:25 PM
In response to dwelch

I would have thought upright is better. If they are stacked wouldn't they indent more? Put them in plastic album storage bins.

Edited by Kel3 on 11-30-17 01:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics