Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: December New Layout and Cards        (Topic#1667601)
Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of December. We also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

January- Cathe
February--Jeannie
March---Anna
April--Cheryl
May---
June--Terry

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Cheryl January 13
Kathy January 22
Danielle February 11
Denise February 13
Ashley March 1
Andrea March 8
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Kimberly June 8
Terry August 5
Kay November 10
Anna December 24

Edited by Abby0317 on 12-01-17 09:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

Thanks Andrea for hosting November!

Speaking of that---any volunteers for the next few months?

HOHOHO!!!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!!

Andrea - thanks for hosting Nov. and thank you Terry for getting us to December!!

Cheryl- what a relief to hear that you don't need to have the cysts removed. Glad to hear the tube procedure went fine.

I took January to move the thread............hope I remember!! If not someone can remind me. LOL

Terry- I saw the pictures of Halley on FB. he/She was a such pretty dog.

Danielle- I'll be looking for your Christmas card!

Not sure what I'll do today.

Hello to all!

Have a good one!

Edited by scrappin 2 on 11-30-17 06:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to scrappin 2

hello and good morning

Thanks Andrea for hosting November and thank you Terry for getting us to December

Terry- I talk to my mom this weekend to see how she doing.

well this morning look like it was cold because we have frost on the ground here. well I been try to work on some stuff for dec daily that I am doing again. my husband has to work late tonight because he had to give the person that works at night time a 3 day supposition. I hope I spell it right I am not great spell. so tonight and Friday and Monday has to work late. I am going to go to my class at the gym. I be going out to Vegas in April and my mom going to pick me up in Vegas and then we will head over to Arizona to see my sister and the baby. I don't know when .

hope everyone has a nice Thursday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to southern lady

Hello, thank you to our hosts. I appreciate you!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Computer is working!! This is the first place I came just in case it decides to crash again. Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. We had a nice one...only one dd made it. Vicki decided to spend the holidays with Mikes family as his mom passed away a few months ago and this is his dad's first holidays with out her..so sad. But Roni was here and some good friends. Jon smoked/grilled a turkey on his new rec-tech grill not sure how to spell that. That his such a cool thing.
Sad news here. Bravo the vizsla has cancer and the doctor says he may not make it much longer...she said a week ago Monday he may not last a week...he is still here though and acting pretty normal (meaning annoying lol) He really is a sweet doggie and I don't want him to go. I need to hear stories of doggies that were given a short life sentence and went on for months..or years. We are giving him steroids which are working...among other things. After trial and error, we have discovered the best method for getting pills down both of the dogs...make a hole in a piece of banana...force pills into it and top it with peanut butter...no pills spit back with that magic recipe.

Terry I will host February..I think I need to.

I know I have missed a lot. I am almost done making cards...I made several at first then kind of pooped out. I am Xmas decorating my scrap room...that will inspire me.

Danielle..it was 27 degrees when I let the dogs out early this morning..Like 5:40 A. frigging M. ..anyway the frost was so thick it looked like a dusting of snow. And I got your sweet card..thanks you.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

Good evening ladies!

Thanks Andrea and Terry for hosting November and December. Terry, I will take March.

I received pretty cards today from Danielle and Denise! Thank you so much!

Yeah, Jeannie is back! So sorry you have a sick dog too. It was colder at your house than mine….we were 37 this a m.

Ashley, now I know why I had never heard of Coco. Not a fan of Disney/Pixar movies.

Cheryl, great news! Glad all went well for you and Karol.

Terry, yes both Charlie Rose and Matt Lauer are being accused of sexual misconduct. Both were fired from their high profile positions; one with NBC and the other with CBS. I take it you don’t watch any of the morning shows, TODAY, CBS This Morning or Good Morning America?

We did Subway for dinner tonight. Easy peasy! Have a good one!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Danielle- your card came today! It's my first! It is really cute.

Jeannie- Sooooo glad to see you!! Maybe you should ask Santa for a new computer? So sorry to hear about your dog. Since we no longer have a dog, I'll pass that tip on getting a dog to take a pill, to our son.

Men in power........ well, not all, but many.

I spent the day finishing up handmade Christmas cards. It was a good activity since I'm still coughing and didn't feel like doing much. I did do one load of wash and hung a valance.

Talk to everyone tomorrow.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

thanks Denise I got your card today cute my first one

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Popping back in for a sec. Glad to see everyone here.

Anna: I hadn't heard yesterday about all of this but today my web news is full of Matt L & all the buzz. I still didn't see Charlie Rose but I did hear that ???? Geillor is accused because he touched her back. See this is all weird. Good that the times will allow women to stand up. But how do you prove accusations from years ago and once one gets accused 17 other women accuse him Is that publicity seeking or real or what???? It's never good any way you look at it!
Jeannie: Yeah you're back! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! I am truly sorry to hear about Bravo. Just 2 days ago we had to put down our oldest lab (9 yo) due to cancer. Give him as pain free a life as possible & he'll let you know when its time. Always a sad thing...

I'll put Jeannie & Anna down....thanks ladies.

BB tomorrow!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Hello. we are still in Missouri. Mom's 2nd CT scan was normal. Thank you God! She bought a truck for the farm. It will make it easier to get things done around here. Hope to head home Sunday.

Jeannie, happy to see you here!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - Glad the other CT scan is good!!

Terry - I can host April. Thanks for hosting December.

Long day here as we had to be at wound care at 8, grandkids arrived at 10:30 and left at 6:00.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! My parents had to rush my grandmother to the doctor's today. She was insisting she had pneumonia and it was starting to worry my mom. It turns out she just has a severely bad cold and the doctor was annoyed that they bothered to bring her in at all since he can't do anything for a cold. That left me in the house all day by myself (well, with my beagle). I spent the day decorating my fairy garden for Christmas (the faeries needed a tree and stuff) and putting together my December Daily Album and having my own private concert in my bedroom LOL!

Andrea- Thanks for hosting November!

Terry- Thanks for hosting December! How is it December?! Why is it December?! (Is it time for Star Wars yet? Can it be time for Star Wars yet?!)

Denise- I got your card today! It was so cute! Glad to hear the CT was normal!

Jeannie- I'm sorry to hear about your doggie! That's so terribly sad!

Anna- My mom was pretty upset by the Matt Lauer thing...not sure why since she doesn't really watch morning TV. This whole things seems to be turning into a modern day McCarthy Witch Hunt in Hollywood (took a class on McCarthyism in college...wrote a paper about how "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" mirrors "The X-Files: Fight the Future").

Look! I did a thing:
December Daily 2017 Front Cover By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Inside Front Cover By DNA301

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to DNA301

Hi Ashley, love your December daily... I've been up all night trying to figure mine out. I'm using Cori Spieker's Happy Place Club monthly journal prompts to use for my content... I just can't figure out what base I'm going to use for it... sigh... I've been busy making cards. I know I haven't been around. My sister died suddenly the week before Thanksgiving, so I've been pretty much a hot mess. Andrea, please add me to the birthday calendar, I would like to be a part of this group again, if ya'll will have me.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Kimberly Rae

hello and good morning

Denise - Glad the other CT scan is good

well look we got little dusting of snow last night. well yesterday I help my neighbor some of her Christmas decoration for her and put it place she want at. I can't believe that today is dec 1, I find out how my mom is doing this weekend when I call her, well tomorrow I am hope we can take are Christmas pic that way I can put them on some of my Christmas cards and fix some of the lights outside seen they fell little bit in the wind and put are Christmas spot light up and put some pictures frame up in the family room.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.

Welcome back Kimberly. So sorry for your sad news. Hugs. Hope you are doing ok physically.

Ashley, happy your grandmother has no pneumonia, a cold is bad enough.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning. I do not know how this thread title is ok one day and screwed up the next! I did fix that --I hope-- plus added Cheryl to the host names, Kimberly back to the birthday list and me to June hostess. I cannot do May since we will be gone for over 2 weeks to Missouri.

Denise: So glad to hear about the CT scan! That must have been a relief!!! Safe travels when you head back home.
Danielle: Snow? I wondered because those storms here were awful.
Kimberly: what tragic news. So very sorry for you & your family.
My xmas shopping is almost done. If anyone needs a really unique gift for someone, try this site. They print photos on shatter proof glass and I've had 2 done so far. Quite amazingly beautiful. www.fractureme.com

It's grocery day so I best go get the makeup on!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Abby0317

Kimberly so sorry to here about your sister.

I need to go to the store to get stuff to make my dh's b day cake. My in laws are here for his birthday. I am hoping they go off adventuring today so i can start my group Christmas cards. I had to finish another swap before i could start.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

Hi!

Kim- Sorry to hear about your sister.

Babysitting will chat later.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! We took the Girl Scouts to see "Coco" tonight. My mom was concerned that the kids might be freaked out by the skeletons but everyone seemed to have a really good time. I didn't see any Daisies running around the theater so I'm going to assume they sat with their parents and watched the movie LOL! The older girls, who we were all worried would be bored with the animated movie, came out saying how much they liked it.

Kimberly- I'm so sorry to hear about your sister! My December Daily is based around the misadventures of Thorongil the Elf. My mom winds up with the album and with 25 little stories about this elf and his friends.

Terry- I'm trying to...encourage...my mom to do her Christmas shopping but, so far, no luck LOL! I think I'm just going to duct tape her to a chair and force her to do it before we get attacked with super high shipping charges.

Day One:
December Daily 2017- Day 1 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 1 By DNA301

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

Hello good morning

Well tonight is my husband Christmas party. Hope today to take are family Christmas picture. Going call my mom later to see how she is doing. I need to buy some ink for my printer.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!

Oh Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister!!

Denise- good news about your mom's scan!! Yhea!

Danielle- hope your phone call finds your mom better.
Have fun at your husband's Christmas party.

Andrea- Happy Birthday to your hubby.

Ashley- Its so nice of you to take the girl scouts to the movie.

Have a good day everyone!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!!

I am up doing laundry and straightening up. I joined a pocket letter swap and going to attempt to start on it today.

Ashley - I thought about taking my 3 oldest grandkids to see Coco. Sounds like they would enjoy it. Glad the Girl Scouts liked it.

Danielle - Hope your mom is doing well today. Enjoy the Christmas party.

Cathe - Are you feeling better today?

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Morning ladies! Hubby is out training with friends and my plans are to decalcify the latte machine, finish my cards & address them, and do laundry. Whoppee---not!

Here's a puzzler---my youngest son who's 38---sent his xmas wish list yesterday. He wants a Star Wars Lego set. Lego??? I couldn't be more baffled over this.

Andrea: Hope your hubby has a good birthday and that your in-laws are out of your hair. When my FIL showed up here the last time, I took the grandkids all out for a movie & dinner. He has not earned the right to see them.
Anna: what's going on your way? I love seeing the cards you post every day on P.
Ashley: So that was Georgie in the photo? Great start to your Daily! I have to nag hubby to shop too! And he only does me!!
After I send him links to what I want or need.
Cathe: still sick??? Hope not!!! Are you done with shopping?
Cheryl: Ok I give up! What's a "pocket letter"?
Danielle: I received your adorable card today. Thank you!
Denise: Hoping you are having a safe trip home. Did your hubby go?

Have a great day all!!!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Abby0317

Good morning. I started making Christmas candy yesterday. I am waiting for dd and we will start making dh's cake.

I came up with an idea for cards. i am going much simpler this year.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to andrea m

Headed home in the morning. Yes Terry, DH come with us.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Good afternoon/evening.

I finally felt better today. Guess the antibiotic kicked in. I should have taken it when prescribed.

I have to get stamps and then I can mail all my handmade cards.

I scrapped the day away. I have to get caught up on the LO for my great nieces. I made 5 today. I was hoping to get more done.

Nothing planned for dinner. ugg.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Went to teach dance today and it was almost entirely an unpleasant day. I mean, I knew today was going to be unpleasant before I walked into the dance studio so, at least, I was prepared, right? Today we showed all the kids and parents the costumes the kids were wearing and let them hear the music they'd be dancing to. It just created a very hectic day for all of us, especially where the little kids were involved. This year, the parents were very...opinionated...when it came to the music that was picked for the classes which was new to me. One parent actually went and complained that she wanted her child to do a "princess ballet" and not the song from "My Little Pony" the class is doing!

Cathe- The movies is a good trip for our Scouts because we don't have to add charges for renting a bus or anything like that. It's within walking distance and one of our leaders got us $10 vouchers so the kids and parents all paid one price.

Cheryl- If you want to see the Olaf short that's playing before "Coco," you should go before Dec. 8th. Disney, due to complaints about the Olaf short being over 20 minutes long, is pulling the short from before "Coco'" after that date.

Terry- Yes....Georgie is a chubby bird looking thing. He's a Porg from "Star Wars: The Last Jedi." (I'm utterly obsessed with them and BB-8 and Star Wars just in general LOL)...what Lego set does your son want? I know there are a few big Star Wars sets out or are coming out with the new movie.

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 2 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 2 By DNA301

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

yesterday was a busy day. went to the neighbor house to have my husband see her pictures frame that fall off the wall and have him try to put it back on the wall . so we went to ace to get the stuff and seen we had to go there to get some wire for my picture frame. we bought are neighbor one of those light you put on the ground seen she had to retune hers seen her kids only give her just little money to have a week I think. I feel sorry for her . so I let her use some of my other Christmas dree I had to put in her front yard. she was about to cry happy and thanks us and say she could pay us but we told her no just bake some cookies or bread. that what neighbor do is help them out. so we got are Christmas lights put on the ground up and then put hers up for here and the decorations well I talk to my mom she doing okay not feel great yea. I hope she fell good soon and she afraid of loose her site and won't be able to drive any more. .

hope everyone has a nice Sunday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!

Danielle- that was very nice of you and your DH to help your neighbor. Prayers for your mom.

Ashley- seems everyone has an opinion now a days and makes it known.

Off to church. Have a nice day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! Last night we spent several hours with my brother & his wife at a restaurant. They flew in and are spending a week roaming around here & the beach. It was really great to see them cuz it's been 5 yrs since the last time.

Ashley: Danny wanted the AT-ST Walker lego set. I think that Mom that complained is a cry baby, which seems to happen more and more with the "entitlement" generation. I really hope she doesn't get her way! I'm going to have to google the Porgs.
Maybe Danny wants one of them too---hehehehe!!!
Danielle: that was very sweet & kind of you & your husband to help your neighbor enjoy Christmas.
Cathe: I need to finish my cards for relatives & friends! Mine for the group are ready for mailing! I still haven't decorated either. I am way behind the curve....
Andrea: Candy? Like fudge???? Oh my I do so love fudge and it is sooooooo off the diet!
Denise: Safe & quick trip!

I'm not going to get anything done sitting here!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Abby0317

I made caramels. peanut nougat (big hunks). we made peanut butterballs as well. I still have several things to make but will work on those next week. I am going to try home made gum drops this year. I dont know how that will work but it will be fun.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

Up, reading threads and getting ready to go back to work.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Wound up not going shopping today. Instead, I helped put away Thanksgiving stuff and played video games. Tomorrow's my last day of vacation and, as usually, I'm terribly nervous about going back to work. I don't even know why I'm nervous about going back...I just am LOL! It seems to happen every time I go back to work from vacation.

Terry- I think the AT-ST Walker set is one of the newer ones. I'm not very good at Legos otherwise I'd want the sets too! There Porgs are so cute! I haven't even seen the movie yet and I know they're cute LOL! I don't think that mother got the change she wanted since everyone else was ok doing "My Little Pony."

Andrea- You're going to make gumdrops!? That sounds like quite a big adventure in baking!

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 3 By DNA301

December Daily 2017- Day 3 By DNA301

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to DNA301

Drove in rain for 3 hours but we made it home.

Gum drops, wow, good luck.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Did you all see the moon last night? It was simply gorgeous. My cards will be mailed out sometime this week.

Andrea, I hope things are going well with the visit from the in laws.

Ashley, how’s your grandmother?

Cathe, hope you are feeling better today.

Cheryl, hope things are going well for you with the daily wound care run and the grands plus everything else.

Danielle, are you still getting snow? We are supposed to get this coming weekend and they say it could be measurable. Hope your mother is improving. Hope you had fun at the Christmas party.

Denise, glad your mother got a normal CT scan. Every farm needs a good truck!

Kimberly, so sorry about your sister’s passing.

Terry, yes, Charlie Rose was fired from CBS This Morning. I am a chronic pinner but I do love Pinterest!

Hope everyone has a great week!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

well we got little dusting last night. it looks like a cold cold day here brrr. the Christmas party was alright. I felt sick Saturday night. I won some stuff I have pic of it in my facebook. well look like they are going to be building a house across the street from us my husband saw them do the property line. I think they are doing a few house . well today go to the gym later on. my husband has to go to a work thing In salt lake city just for one day so they are leave tomorrow after work and he be back Wednesday night. well I am hope to start back Christmas cookies. I am want to try to make truffles. I been try look at Pinterest.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

good morning.

I got a break yesterday and got 12 cards done. I hope to make more today and get them sent out.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Kimberly that is so sad about your sister..my condolences to you and your family.

Danielle bless your heart..that was so sweet what you and your dh did for your neighbor. I hope your mom will get better and not lose her sight

Anna..It was 18 degrees this morning..brrrr. but sunny and lovely. Did we beat you again

Ashley it sounds like that stage mother is getting an early start. I can't wait for Star Wars to come out. One of the theaters have the reclining seats and a little tray you can swing in front of you and they serve beer and wine..sooo afraid to take dh...he'll fall asleep. I want to see a pic of your dressed for CHristmas fairy garden. I love those things.

Denise...good news about your mom! Who is gonna drive that truck around the farm?

Andrea..I am just finishing my cards..I went simple too because...no mojo. Once I decorated my scrap room and had Christmas music going, I did the last few cards in an afternoon...which is good for me

Cathe!! FIVE layouts in one day! wow...you work fast. send me some of that mojo...I've not done one layout in months.
cracked me up your comment about I should have taken the medicine when it was prescribed. Feel better!

Cheryl..what's a pocket letter swap? Sounds interesting.

Terry..I have seen those fractureme ads on tv. What a cool thing. I am so sorry about your doggie. Bravo is doing ok..better than we thought..still chasing after reflections and going crazy when someone comes to the door (or walks by the house) I thought the panting was an indicator of pain but it is also a side affect of the prednisone so I don't know if he is pain or not..but seeing as how he still moving around a being Bravo I would say it's the meds.

Thanks everyone for your concern about Bravo and for welcoming back..again. I need to stay put.

My oldest brother and my youngest brother and his wife are flying in Saturday and staying til Monday. Our cousin and her dh who live near Reno are coming down Saturday and Jon is going to make ribs on his new Rec tech grill/smoker. I am so glad they're coming...my older brother has never been here. But alas...No Katy that is the weekend of her office party. boo.

I know it's old news but did anyone watch Dancing with the Stars. Of course Jordan deserved to win but I LOVED Freddie Muniz! is that his name..sounds wrong but you know who I mean.

Anyone watching Hallmark Christmas movies...addicted!! I sit there with my cocoa in a Christmas cup and my Christmas throw blanky and snivel. In fact I think I will watch one now instead of chores..yeah that's the ticket.

See y'all later

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to dollscrap

I'm late checking in today!!

I DO finally feel better. I woke up at 7:00 and got my b*tt out of bed and got ready to go walk. Even tho it was 54 degress we still walked at the mall.

I stood in line for a half an hour at the Kiosk to get Fannie Mae pixies.
They only had two gals working and one register!! Then the girl rang up an order wrong and the credit card had already gone thru, neigther gal new how to fix it. They were calling another store to find out how to void and that line was busy!! So they waited on the next lady and me. I was out of there!!! The lady that was waiting for the correction was so patient and nice. I don't think I would have been. But they gave us a free pixie!

Then I went to a local store called Crimson Ridge. I needed a couple of women gifts. They wrap everything so prettily.
Then went to the grocer store.
Now my knee hurts.

Terry- so glad you got to see your brother!

Jeannie- It's nice your brother is coming to see you!! Too bad Katy isn't available!! Glad to hear Bravo is doing well.
I too, was glad Frankie Mun.....did so well. Maybe he'll get a gig now. DWTS sure seems to help a lot of people get reinvented.
Jody Sweeten was in a Hallmark movie and she was so good.

I love Hallmark movies!!!

Andrea- good luck with the gum drops!

Danielle- sorry you had a funny tummy. I think it'd be fun to watch the houses go up.

Ashley- hope your day went fine.

Denise- Our moon was sort of covered in clouds last night. It was still really cool though. We were returning from our son's house and had a nice viewing. We all had gone to see Rayn's (age 13) play. She was in a production of ELF. It was cute. She was in two tap dance numbers.

We hit a high of over 60 today, but it's supposed to drop WAY down and maybe have snow flurries. No wonder everyone is sick!

Have a nice evening

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Well we just can not catch a break. I took Karyol to the kidney doctor today. His kidney function is worse and only at 20%. So, he will be scheduled to get a fistula for dialysis. It takes 6 weeks to heal and be ready to use from the time he gets it. If he gets worse before then, he will have to get a permacath which is a temporary access for dialysis. We go back to the kidney doctor in one month. Statistics for diabetics on dialysis is that only 35% live longer than 5 years. Today is his 60th birthday and has not been a happy one.

Cathe - What is a pixie?

Jeannie - Pocket letters are very popular. You use a trading card page and fill each pocket with scrap paper and embellish it with different things. Usually there is a theme. Check them out on YouTube or in the gallery here.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today was my last day of vacation. I'm back to the lab tomorrow...well, sort of anyway. I'm in the 3rd floor lab tomorrow from 7:30-3:30. Part of me is glad I go back on a leave early day and the rest of me would have much rather had my first day back upstairs so I wouldn't be responsible for having to open the third floor lab LOL! Today was only an okay day...I went out with my mom to take pictures and shop in Manhattan and my sister came along (she needed a birthday gift for her husband) and things just degenerated when she got a bee in her bonnet...and, no, she never did get her husband a birthday gift LOL!

Anna- My grandmother still has a very nasty cough but she's refusing to take any cough medicine for it. My mom's tried pushing her to take it but she won't hear any of it.

Andrea- I just made and ordered my cards today LOL!

Jeannie- My dad is ADDICTED to Hallmark movies! I found a drinking game (he doesn't drink but I thought the game was funny) based on the Christmas movies so I printed it out and taped it up in my parents' bedroom. He got a good laugh out of it.

Cathe- What's a Fannie Mae Pixie?

Cheryl- I'm so sorry to hear about your husband and his kidney issues. That's not a fun way to spend your birthday.

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 4 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 4 By DNA301

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Cheryl, so sorry that Karol got more bad health news. Diabetes is in my family on both sides and I know how bad it can affect a person. My mother wears an insulin pump. Does Karol have one?

Cathe, we are experiencing the same kind of weather. We are expecting snow showers later this afternoon and tonight.

Terry, how awesome that you get to spend some time with your brother! Enjoy

And you too Jeannie! Enjoy your brother!

Gotta shower and get ready for work. I am supposed to be off today but looks like I will be working. We got a new client late yesterday and he brought in a bunch of stock certificates and I swear he had them buried in a tin can somewhere. They stink to high heaven! But every one is a valid certificate! Hope everyone has a great day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Oh Cheryl- I'm so sorry to hear about Karyol's health. Prayers for him and you too. no, not a happy birthday at all.

A "pixie" is a candy often called Turtles by other candy companies. It's a round shaped caramel, pecans, and chocolate concoction.

Anna- pee whew!!

Have a good day everyone.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! We are at wound care. I need to do some cleaning when I get home. I hope to do some scrapping today.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

Cheryl- I'm so sorry to hear about Karyol's health.

well today nothing much going on today. my husband has to go to salt lake city today for work and won't be home until Wednesday night. last night I went to my neighbor house and help her decorate her little tree . ii help her put the lights and decoration that she bought at the dollar tree. seen her kids probably sold all the Christmas stuff. she always give me a pepsi. I help her hang her wreath up in the door. well I had to give my dogs a bath this morning. well going to work out later today.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl i am so sorry to hear that there is more bad news for Karyols heath. I can only imagine how down he must feel. I am hoping the best for him.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Morning ladies! Yesterday morning started our gym membership so we spent about 45 min there. I really like working on all the weight machines. Then I did a test to see if a stationary bike would hurt my hip and the answer is no. Yea....
Got home and made 9 more cards and I plan to do maybe 4-5 more and that's it. I still need to decorate!!!

Andrea: I can't wait to hear about the gum drop making adventure. I can't imagine but I'm not a baker or candy maker ! That should be xmas song!!! tehehe
Anna: It was nice to see my brother. He's 10 yrs younger than I am and I used to think of him as my personal dress up boy doll! He was also a creep in those pre- teen age yrs but I'm back to loving him as a man.
Ashley: I am just going to have to get me a Porg! I'm sorry about your sister .... what a party poop! Can your Mom hide the meds in your Grandma's food?
Cathe: I was also wondering what a Pixie was. I was double confused because Fannie Mae to me is the gov name for the mortgage department/program. We didn't see the moon at all due to rain clouds....of course!
Cheryl: Oh my you are so right that you can't catch a break. I am so very sorry to hear about Karyol's kidney problem!
Danielle: I hope that your Mom doesn't lose her sight. When will she know?
Denise: Glad to hear you are home safe & sound! Did the truck stay at the farm?
Jeannie: How awesome you will get to see your family!! Also happy to hear that the prednisone is working for Bravo. You can also ask your vet about Gabapentin as well. We gave Halley both.

Hubby still hasn't done his xmas shopping and I'm done reminding him. Speaking of him, he's off doing a stress test for his heart this morning so it's nice and quiet now!

BBL...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

MMS

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Oh Cheryl, that breaks my heart!

The truck stays in Missouri. It's used for hauling imbs, fire wood, moving burn barrels, etc. My brother will use it and we will too when we are in Missouri.

Danielle, I've been meaning to thank you for the cute Christmas card. I love it.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! I was back to work today. Instead of starting me upstairs, I was 7:30-3:30 on the third floor. It was a bit of a rough morning for me because the person who was 10-6 the day before left the room a mess...I came in to find one analyzer down and the slidemaker/stainer completely empty of any reagents (I understand one reagent...but ALL FOUR?! REALLY!?). Then the clerk, who was supposed to be at 8AM, was 45 minutes late so...yeah...not a fun morning LOL! Then one of my partners elected not to work as she was too busy planning happy hour for her and her friends.

Anna- That does not sound like a pleasant thing to have to work with!

Cathe- I know what a turtle is! My dad buys them sometimes and then my mom hides them from him (he shouldn't be eating chocolate) and my grandmother (because she'll leave them in her bedroom where they'll attract bugs).

Terry- I bought Georgie the Porg on "Force Friday" when they dropped a bunch of new stuff for "The Last Jedi"...he's been hanging out with my Ewok and a few other Star Wars plushies I have. I told my mom we're doing all our online Christmas shopping when I get home from work tomorrow...let's see if that happens LOL!

Today's Adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 5 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 5 By DNA301

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

JCI

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

up early this morning. my back hurt me little bit this morning when I woke up. the dogs woke me up early and I couldn't get back to bed. my husband come home tonight I think around 9pm. I did a lot of laundry yesterday . I still need to buy something for my husband that he wouldn't know. seen I bought him stuff he need and he was there when I bought it. it just hard find stuff for him. his birthday is come up and I bought him a ornament that what I usually do for his birthday and make him a cake.

hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

Well we didn't blow away, but sometimes I wondered..............LOL
It was so windy. Watch out if you're to the East of me, it's acomin' your way!

Ashley- I've never worked in an environment where people didn't do their work. I have a hard time comprehending that.

As I mentioned (I think) that we dogsat yesterday. We love Ozzie and it's so nice to have a dog in the house. I picked up DGS, Van from school. Pick up at his school is nuts!! I went early to get in line and didn't have to park in the lot. It was so cold and windy and I knew he'd be carrying his Sax so I wanted to get close to the door. It was fun watching the kids. Remember it was very cold and windy. Many ran out with no coats--my grandson included. Others were all bundled up and looked cold. Some of the kids played tag in the grassy area. It was fun watching them.

DGD, Nev loved the University in Wis. so guess she's all set on a college.

I hope to mail my Christmas cards today.

Have a nice day everyone. bbl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! We are at wound care again. I need to finish up my Christmas shopping. I hope to mail my cards tomorrow.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Denise and Cheryl, please share the brand of Insta Pots you all have. I think I am ordering one for DD for Christmas. Any one familiar with the Echo Dot?

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Morning.... got a few errands to run today inc mailing my cards.

It's really windy here right now Cathe. But more like big gusts.

BBL...

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

It was 16 degrees this morning. Now that our inner yard (the part we got landscaped) is fenced and has chicken wire on the bottom, (no coyotes in the yard since that was done) I don't need to go out in the cold when the dogs go out. At 9 it had warmed up to a whopping 25 degrees. AND there was a hot air balloon out there...are those baskets heated..you know from the hot air of the hot air balloon...cuz I don't now how those people can stand to float around up there. It sure was pretty though.

Terry..I have TWO little brothers and one big one..they all teased me but I love them as men also...loved them as kids too but boy!...BRATS!!
It gets really windy here...gusts up to 30 mph are not unusual...the wind bangs around the house..sounds scary. Last month it knocked the iron (and heavy) spark guard off the fire pit.
Will mention the gabapentin next time we talk to the vet..Jon went just yesterday so hopefully all the stuff we have for Bravo will keep working as it has been so far.

Ashley...I see nothing has changed with your sister. We have a friend who loves the Hallmark movies too and watches them with his wife. Jon would probably just make fun of them so I record them and watch them by myself when he goes back to the bay area for work.

Addressing cards today.

Cheryl..prayers for Karyol's health..I'm so sorry to hear about that.

Anna my dh has an Instant Pot (www.instantpot.com) and LOVES it..he's convinced friends to buy one and they love theirs. Great meals in 45 minutes!!

Danielle hope your back feels better.

gotta go..Scout whining usually means she's gotta go and if I don't let her out right away she goes in the house...grrr.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to dollscrap

denise and danielle i got your cards thank you.

My cards are in the mail box waiting to go out.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

Anna - I have the original Instant Pot. No other brand. I have the 6 qt. Here is the link to the 8 qt:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B1VC13K/ref=asc _df_B01B1VC...

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Hi Ya!

Jeannie- I sure wouldn't like it windy all the time. Our gusts yesterday were horrible!
If Rum had to watch a Hallmark movie he'd probably rather poke himself in the eye. LOL

I mailed out my cards to you all today. It will be fun seeing who gets them first.

I ran some errands this morning. Michael's has ribbon 70% off.

Catch you all in the morning! Have a nice evening.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! I was back in the upstairs lab today and it was its normal, noisy self. Actually, today something very strange happened. Today we were overstaffed LOL! We had an extra tech who wound up helping my partners and I at the CBC station for most of the day. Then he had to go cover body fluids for the afternoon where he got drowned in fluids...I felt bad for him but no one wanted to fill in on that bench and he was extra on the schedule so he had no choice.

Cathe- We dogsat today too...for my sister's cockapoo. He was here when I came home from the lab and I spent the day playing this fun game where I tried to lock him out of my bedroom LOL!

Cheryl- I was trying to convince my mom to do online shopping today but that didn't work out the way I wanted. I guess we'll do it tomorrow or over the weekend or something.

Anna- What's an InstaPot? I keep seeing them on the news.

Jeannie- It's supposed to get down to that cold this weekend here. Of course, it has to be a weekend I'm working LOL!

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 6 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 6 By DNA301

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning ladies!

Ashley, Instant Pot is a multi-cooker that does the job of a slow cooker, electric pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, sauté/browning pan, and warming pot. It's a single appliance that does the job of seven different kitchen appliances or tools.

Cheryl, thank you for the link to your instapot. I knew you really liked yours. I ordered the six quart this morning for dd. I am having it gifted wrapped and delivered to them. I sure hope nothing goes wrong in the delivery process.

Jeannie, your temps are a lot colder than ours right now. We are in the upper 20s this morning. I didn’t realize you had such wind there. Is it that windy year around?

Those fires in California are so terrible and the wind is making the situation so much worse.

We love the Hallmark movies. DH watches them with me quite often.

Hope everyone has a great day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

We had a dusting of snow last night. It's pretty.

Ashley- It's nice you had extra help in the lab yesterday. I wonder what today will bring.

I missed an awesome sale on the Instant Pots on Black Friday at Walmart. I wasn't willing to get up at the crack of dawn to get one.
Charity (DIL) thought Doug (DS) would like one.

OMGosh those fires---an people were driving thru them on the expressway!! I feel so sorry for CA.

Have a great day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

I love the Hallmark Christmas movies. well husband got back home around 8 pm. well it cold here this morning brrr. well I have to go into the city to the bank and was think doing some shopping. I am want to buy something eles for my husband that he wouldn't know. I just don't know what. I am want to make truffles something different.

hope everyone has a nice Thursday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning Ladies! It was a cold 28 deg here at 8am too with frost everywhere!

Anna: I've been wondering if I need an Instant Pot too. Hard to decide since I don't use the slow cooker all that much either.
But what a great gift to give to them!
Ashley: Your daily is really too cool! I wonder if your sister's dog wants in your room because he smells her scent there.
Cathe: I wouldn't go out for Black Friday and all that craziness no matter how good a sale was on. Donna does it every year! I'll probably lose my mind! The fires are horrible and the Santa Ana winds make them worse. If it isn't fires then its flooding. The whole state is in a terrible mess and people are leaving in droves.
Cheryl: how are the sessions going for Karyol? Helping him at all?
Danielle: I love truffles! Have fun if you decide to make them!
Denise: I read you sent out cards but I haven't seen one yet. I hope its not lost in the mail. My son sent us a check too and it hasn't come and should have. Our postal service here is outrageously bad.
Jeannie: Does the wind bother you? I know a lady that says the wind makes her feel crazy.

Steve got back a report from his stress test. Now here's where I disagree. They send reports to your portal so you see them before even talking to the doctor. So that leaves you drawing conclusions from the internet research when you don't know the context or the solution that the doctors will discuss with you. Needless to say his report says that one valve is firing out of sync and delayed. Who knows??? Fixable? Worrisome? Deadly? Jeez.....Of course the doctor's apt is Dec 27th so we have some time to worry!!!!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Good afternoon!! I have been in meetings all day. Karyol was a good sport and just hung out in the surgery waiting room after his treatment until I was finished.

Terry - Yes the treatments seem to be working the wound is very small now. He has been approved for 30 treatments and they recommend he take them all.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

I'm back again.

Terry- That's a long time to wait and worry about Steve's test results. I guess if it was urgent they'd call??? Hopefully. I suppose you can call and ask to talk to the PA or nurse....seems no one talks to the doctor on the phone.

Cheryl- You are probably knee deep in taking care of the kiddos right now. Sure glad to hear the wound is shrinking!!!

I received my RAK from Marci this afternoon. I won the random drawing for the Halloween layouts. Boy it is fun getting scrapping stuff in the mail. There was a nice assortment of things.

I wrapped gifts today. Cleaned off the peninsula counter top in the kitchen. It's a never ending battle. Washed our bed sheets also. Finished up two photoless LOs, and mailed a pkg. It was a productive day.

Danielle- I find my DH so hard to buy for. He goes and gets whatever he wants for tools. He hates shopping so I get all his clothes. He really doesn't need a thing. He wanted a new pair of Docker jeans, but I can't find them anywhere. I think they quit making them. Do you have a good idea for your DH?
i don't think I've ever had a truffle.

Have a good evening everyone.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

A few cards from me (not for your all).

Merry Christmas By Anna C

Merry Christmas By Anna C

Christmas Card By Anna C

Greetings By Anna C

Cheryl, glad the treatments are going well for Karol.

Terry, not sure what to make of Steve's report. Maybe he just needs a pacemaker? Waiting until the 27th is hard when you want to know what it means right now!

Katy, I got your pretty card today. Thanks!

Edited by Anna C on 12-07-17 03:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

MMS

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today was a strange day at work...one of the techs came in and announced he'd put in his four weeks notice. It seems he got a job in IT and they pay a lot better than the lab so he's leaving. That through the lead techs in an uproar because the schedule is done until March so now they have to change everything, including bumping up "special lab" training. Now tomorrow I have to go to the across-the-street lab for the day so I can be trained to cover the tech who works there when he goes to lunch.

Anna- That sounds interesting. I'm surprised my dad hasn't bought one yet. He loves gadgets like that!

Cathe- The last time I decided getting up at the crack of dawn was worth it was the last time I flew to Disney. I booked at 6AM flight so we'd be at the hotel by 10AM, at least...only to realize like the week before we had to leave that, for a 6AM flight, we had to be at the airport at 4AM because of security checks!

Terry- I refuse to set up the online charts for my mom, dad, or grandmother because my parents will go to, as my doctor calls it, "The Google School of Medicine" and assume the worst.

Today's Adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 7 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 7 By DNA301

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

I'm itching to go shopping. Only my bff, Carole is in NYC.
It's more fun to go with her.

We might get a little snow tonight, but only an inch or two. That's hardly a snow.

Ashley- The lead techs must have confidence in you if they are wanting to teach you a new skill. Good for you!

Anna- darling cards!! (I think I spy some SU products)

Have a great day everyone!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

well yesterday was a okay day did some run around in the big town went to the bank and I went to the mall bought be a hat and a calendar for next year and I bought my husband some thermal pants that he can wear when we go snow shoeing. that way he can put over his pants. but when we where in vegas and I went to kohls he was with me and need socks and boxers so he know seen he was with me and bought them with me. I saw a jacket vest that I like at target but they didn't have my size. it just hard to buy for the both of us I never get a surprise . well today I am going to clean the rest of the house here. tomorrow are place where we take the dogs to get groom they are have a party for Christmas and have Santa there and goodies and prize. so I am going to take the dogs over there.

Cath- yea it hard to buy stuff for husband . he buys his own tools what he need. he tell me what he needs. I wish it was easy to buy for them. he was with me when I bought some of his Christmas stuff he wanted. dose your husband wear cologne? maybe buy some I don't know

Anna- darling cards!! (I think I spy some SU products)

hope everyone has a nice Friday

Edited by southern lady on 12-08-17 06:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - I am itching to go shopping too!! I have a Kohl’s $5 rewards that needs to be spent by this weekend. Zoey has a cute outfit to have her picture made with Santa that I got her. I need to find one for Zeke.

Ashley - We have had several people quit lately.

We are at wound care. I will be mailing my cards out to you all today. I got them all addressed last night after the grandbabies were asleep.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Terry, if that card doesn't show up let me know I'll remail ya one.

Rare snow event here last night, we got at least 2 inches. It's almost gone now.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning. Had a very very early dr apt with the orthopedic guy. Took x-rays of both my hip & knee and end result is to try PT and anti-inflammatories. I have bursitis in the hip joint, bone spur on the knee, and he suspects the big outer muscle is causing the inflammation and tearing. Also got a big ole steroid shot in the hip which means my glucoses will run amuck for a day or so. Yipee!

Anna: Cute cute cute xmas cards! Let's hope if you do get snow its just a dusting!
Ashley: you are right that its Google Medicine! However as I told the dr this morning, I did do some internet medical research on my aches and he said I nailed it. But it didn't give me the cure--if there is one.
Cathe: I love it when there's just a dusting of snow but people here get twitter-pated at the first flake.
Cheryl: I'm so glad to hear the treatments are helping him! You need some good news for a change!
Danielle: It is hard to buy our husbands anything. I know my hubby doesn't wear cologne anymore. Even my sons who used to douse it on themselves in high school, don't wear any either.
Denise: I cannot believe the snow you all got. Even our friends in Tallahassee FL posted FB photos of their snow! Holy cow.
Katy: thank you for your pretty xmas card!!!

I did get the house decorated yesterday and hubby washed a bunch of windows too. Amazing how many dog nose marks were on the front one!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Cards have been mailed

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

I got Katy your Christmas card today thanks

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Kimberly, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister!

Cathe, glad the anitiobiotics worked and that you're feeling better! Not fun to be sick over the holidays!

Ashley, shame you have to deal with the parents! They sound worse than the kids..

Danielle, that was so nice of you and your DH to help out your neighbor like that. I'm sure it totally made her day!! I hope your Mom feels better soon! I received your card today.. thank you! It's so cute!

Andrea, yummmy! All the candy you're making sounds so delish!! Making my tummy growl! I might try to do some baking this year.... maybe...

Anna, I forgot about looking at the moon as it rose.. by the time I looked at it, it was up high... it was full... and seemed a bit brighter!

Cheryl, I'm sorry to hear about Karyol. I'll keep him in my prayers..

Terry, I'd be a worry wort wondering what the report means... and having to wait until you see your doctor! THAT's a stress test...

Tomorrow morning I'm doing my shopping.. at the bank! Cash is all I get for my girls as that seems to be all they want... I also find little gifts for them to put under the tree.
2 of the 3 DD's are coming up this weekend. YEAY! This just might be our Christmas.. DD #1 might have to work on Christmas and DD #3 plans on traveling to Florida.... DD #2 MIGHT be able to make it down for Christmas. She's currently in Oregon getting into nursing school up there.

I've watched lots of kitties vs Christmas trees videos on the internet and so far, I've lucked out...mine only batt at the ornments near the bottom...

Guess I'd better get back to work

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

MMS

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hiya? Today was quite the random day. I went to the off-site lab (it's only across the street from the main lab) and was standing outside the lab for like 20 minutes. Turned out the tech there called out and the main lab didn't realize it right away. The tech they sent to cover there had me go back to the main lab (to take her place) and I walked into a disaster. Two of our CBC analyzers were down and the third one was limping along. Myself and the other tech on CBC machines spent a good part of the morning scanning purple top tubes to pick out anything from oncology, ICU/Cardiac Care, and OB/GYN to give priority to. I think we went through about 1000 tubes each! I'm hoping the machines are in better shape tomorrow since I'm on that station again.

Cathe- We're supposed to get snow tomorrow too. NYC has officially gone bananas because of it.

Cheryl- Sometimes I feel like hospitals have a crazy turnover rate for jobs. The lab I'm in has a mix of people...some want to leave right away and others have been there for like 20+ years.

Terry- My doctor always gets all grouchy when you google and come up with a diagnosis...even if it's right. (That's how I figured out my stomach problems weren't stress related.)

Katy- We use to worry about my beagle and the Christmas tree (him being a food motivated dog and pulling the tree down trying to get candy canes) but he's put off by the tree. My sister's cockapoo, however, I can see him doing something cat-like and destroying a tree.

Today's adventure:
December Daily 2017- Day 8 By DNA301
December Daily 2017- Day 8 By DNA301

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

No snow here even though they were and still are calling for it. It seems to have gone below us and there is 3-5 inches down that way. I sure am glad it missed us!

My cards were mailed yesterday. Cheryl and Cathe, yours will be arriving in a flat priority box with the stencil. I hope everything get there without any damage.

Have a great day ladies!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. This is a first. I finally got up at 5:50.

Denise- your card arrived. It so pretty, you put a lot of work into it. Thank you.

Katy and Danielle- I believe I thanked you for your cards. If not, Thank you.

Anna- I'll be on the look out for the envelope.

Terry- well geeze, you have a lot of parts going bad!! Isn't getting old fun?
I go to the doc about my knee on Tuesday.

Cheryl- did you find Zeke an outfit?

We had a dusting of snow, not much at all. The South getting snow..................just not right.

Ashley- hope you can get your mom to Christmas shop this weekend.

Katy- If the girls aren't around for Christmas, will you go to Michael's folks celebrations?

I plan on wrapping gifts today. I also need to make our my store bought Christmas cards. At 46 cents a crack, it is expensive to send out cards. Then I think how much I enjoy them and what would Christmas be without receiving cards,and letting friends know you are thinking of them.

Have a nice day no matter what you do.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well another cold day here and foggy this morning . I am hope that we can take are Christmas pic for the rest of my Christmas cards and get them done. my poor dog the older one she has a fat bump on her in the back and it been bleed and dry out so I been put stuff on it and put Banda and have to put the cone on her that way she doesn't lick it. we see if it gets better if not we will have to go to the vet and have them do something to it. I am hope to take them to a Christmas party that where we take them to get groom they will have Santa and goodies and prize. I took them last year and have a pic of them with Santa. I am hope to make my Christmas cookies. I told my husband I want this vest jacket from target and he said order it . so that one of my Christmas gifts.

cath- have a nice time wrapping gifts today, I finish all my wrapping up

ann- I bet you glad you didn't get snow. yea my friend in ga got snow and show me pic.

hope everyone has a nice Saturday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! I made my father-in-law a chocolate cake this morning. He is coming to visit Karyol today and we thought we would surprise him. I am going to scrap some before the grandkids get here at 2:30.

Cathe - No I have not found Zeke an outfit yet.

Ashley - What a disaster at the lab!!

Anna - Thanks!! I will be looking for the package.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Good frosty morning! We have sooooo much frost here it looks like snow. And it's 22 deg . Brrrr.....
Not doing much today... might sort presents and wrap them up.

Andrea: did you get your candies made? I saw a truffle recipe on Pinterest for choc peppermint truffles. Left me drooling...
Anna: I bet you are glad you didn't get any snow yet! We have several friends in the Tallahassee FL area and some are playing in it and others are groaning!
Ashley: Sounds like these machines need replaced!
Cathe: did you ever go walk yesterday? What's going on with your knee? And yea, getting old isn't for sissies! I'm ok with the PT & pill part because I absolutely dread hospitals & surgeries.
Cheryl: Good luck with finding Zeke an outfit. I bet the photo will be cute!
Danielle: Sounds like a cute idea to have the dogs pictured with Santa!
Denise: still don't see your card. Let's give another day or two. How much snow did you guys actually get?
Katy: Where in OR is your daughter? It's so hard not to have the family together at xmas. Part of growing up I guess. Sure hope you have fun with the 2 that are coming out!

Hubby has turned the furnace up to about 78 and now I'm roasting. He was in the car 2 days ago with a leather coat over a sweatshirt, gloves, had the seat heater going full blast and his temp dial was at 75. It was 55 deg out. I'm sweating to death and have my temp at 60. And he says I have something wrong with my internal temp? Don't think soooooo.......

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Did everyone besides Terry get a card from me?

Terry, we ended up with about 2 Inches on grass, cars, houses but nothing on streets or sidewalks or driveways. Perfect kind of snow.

Edited by rockmom on 12-09-17 09:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - Got my card. Thanks!! So pretty

I have been working on my pocket letter for a swap on sb.com. It is almost finished. I can’t post it until my partner gets it. I can’t wait to share it!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

okay Christmas cards I got today is cathe, Terry and andrea thanks

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

DS'S robotics tournament was good. The people putting it on had a lot of technical difficulties so we ended up being a few hours behind. ds's team took first place and got the design award. They now have 7 trophies for the year and 7 entries to state. They only need one but each trophy is an entry.

We went and got our tree this morning. It is sop cold here every year we have to thaw them out so they will open up before we can decorate them.

Denise yes i got your card thank you

Katy i got yours to thank you
I always set them all up on my counter.

Our local moose was back today. That is when i know winter is really coming. No snow yet. They are saying not till after Christmas which will be very strange for us.

I am still making candy. I make a little at a time so we have some all month. dd and i plan to try the gumdrop recipe this weekend. ds has taken over my kitchen right now. He is making clam chowder. I am going to make. Christmas crack and rocky road chocolates as well. I may make pralines not sure yet.

Edited by andrea m on 12-09-17 01:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to andrea m

Hi guys!

Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I really miss seeing you all. How did working from home leave me with less “me” time??

My cards were mailed today, thought hubby mailed them yesterday. I got cards from Denise, Danielle, Terry and Katy Thank you SO much They’re all so beautiful! I had planned on making cards but hubby had sinus surgery last week, then I got sick. Going for a sonogram Monday, tummy issues and cooties ontop of that. Bleckkk This getting old stuff is for the birds!

It is COLD here! Currently 43 degrees You know I’m loving it lol

I actually scrapped 7 layouts in the last 3 weeks, that’s more than I’ve done in the last 2 years. This year for my girls Christmas party we all decided to make each other gifts. I scrapped and framed a layout for each. Maybe my mojo will stick!

Hate to run without catching up on all the posts. I took NyQuil and my eyeballs are hanging

xoxo Donner

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Donna - Hope you get to feeling better!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

DONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi girlfriend! So glad you were able to check in. Hope you feel better soon!

I received gorgeous cards today from Cathe and Terry! And Denise, yes, I have received your card. Thank you! I have all of my cards on display as you come thru the door so that everyone can see them. The cards from you all are my favorites and so special!

The snow finally arrived. Not a lot, thankfully, but the wind has been terrible.

Cheryl, look forward to seeing your pocket letter. Not really sure what they are all about.

Danielle, how did your cookies turn out? I rarely make cookies because I eat them all!

Have a wonderful Sunday ladies!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

Donna - Hope you get to feeling better!!

well it been cold here and foggy here, well took the dogs to see santa and took pic of them it was hard they both want to move but we got something and I won a free nail trim. then when we got home start work on my oatmeal cookies and then my chip cookies not chocolate chips. they all turn out good , yea ann I know what you mean I eat them all to. then we took are Christmas family pic that way I can put them in the Christmas cards. start mail them out. my hole body is hurt today and little yesterday.

hope everyone has a nice sunday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! I am going to church and out to eat with my parents. No babysitting today!!! 😀😀😀

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

cheryl enjoy your day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to andrea m

Good morning! Apparently it's still 24 deg out --we must be in a deep freeze or maybe a freezer.

Andrea: congrats to your son! What an accomplishment!!!
Anna: While at the store I sent hubby to the olive oil area while I got a tree topper. When I find him he's carrying an Instant Pot. It was on sale for $80. Now to get some recipes from P.
Cathe: your card came and it is adorable! I love how you did the ground.
Cheryl: enjoy yourself!
Danielle: those cookies sound very good.
Denise: no card yet! You don't need to re-send it if you don't want.
Donna: you sly thing popping in here like that! Miss ya girl!!! Sorry you aren't feeling well! Cuddle up, warm fuzzy blanket, and a very strong Hot tea & Limoncella!!! Tell Pat Happy Birthday too....

Everyone enjoy your Sunday!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Katy, I got your card yesterday. Thanks so much.

Ashley, those machine go down way too often.

Snow is gone and we are back to sunshine and short-sleeve weather. This is perfect weather to me. Not hot but not cold. I could take this all year. Lol

Still have to finish my shopping and wa iting on some Amazon deliveries. I've started wrapping things that have arrived already.

Terry I will re send the card if you don't get it early thus week.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Busy day here!

I have cards from Danielle, Denise, Katy, & Terry, I'm so excited when one arrives!!

Cheryl- a day with not kids???? Wow, enjoy yourself!!

Donna- so glad to see you, but wish you were in better health.
This too shall pass. Happy to hear you are scrapping again. Do, please come back more often.

Andrea- Congrats to your son and his team.
I saw a great robotic kit at Sam's for $80. I thought of getting it for my grandson's, but that was a little pricey since I've already purchased gifts for them. Where Doug's kids go to school, they have a robotic team that does really well.

Ok I'd better go. I'm going to the library at one to make Christmas cards. I don't need them, but I'm going anyway. Last time I had such a good time.

Have a nice day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - I think it is fun to get together with others to make cards

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics