Username Post: Christmas List        (Topic#1667757)
borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap

So what is everyone asking for this year?

Hubby and I are getting a fridge as our gift to each other. Yay!!!
But I asked other's for dies and materials to cut with them.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 12-12-17 02:40 PM
In response to borntoscrap

We got a new bed. Went from queen to king. It goes up and down like a hospital bed. I just hope it's not a precursor.
Do you know how much bedding costs? We went to Macy's for the Friends and Family 30% discount, and retirees discount too.
It's just money, can't take it with.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to don1

Not asking for anything scrappy since I usually just get that myself. Maybe an office chair that I can use at my countertop
height work space. I saw one that I thought might be more comfortable than what I have.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to gluemore girl

Husband is getting me a 27" 4K (not sure what that means) monitor to use with photoshop so I don't have to use my tiny laptop screen. Also, I can do boards and things and put a dvd in to watch on the big screen, he's getting me a DVD player with USB too.

I keep going back and forth on whether to get a Go Pro camera for him and a snorkel mask which he can mount it to. Just don't know.

I need several more things for BIll and can't think of a thing - every idea he goes out and buys himself. Frustrating, but I do the same thing.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to Henri Jean

I emailed my husband my wishlist and told him to hit "pay".

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 12-13-17 09:37 PM
In response to Vivian Lake

• Vivian Lake Said:
I emailed my husband my wishlist and told him to hit "pay".

Now that's funny.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to don1

Vivian, Perfect!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Last night Bill surprised me and booked a cruise for us January 10th because I won't go while Joe is home from school and he goes back the 8th.

We go from Ft. Lauderdale to to Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas, Grand Turk, Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, San Juan Puerto Rico, back to Ft. Lauderdale, then to Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Havana for 2 days (really want to go to Cuba), then back to Ft. Lauderdale.

Its a 14 day cruise - he taking me out of Florida (which has already gotten too cold) to some nice tropical places for the worst of January when it is the coldest.

I like this Christmas present.

And I will take my computer and little scanner and scrap on the ship on sea days and when he is in the library playing chess, I will take my computer and make digital pages and watch him play!

We both enjoy that so much - he likes me to go up and watch him play chess. And I like to have something to do while I'm watching him.

Today I have to order the Go Pro camera for him and the snorkel mask. I'm sure we will snorkel in several ports. Oh - and I want to go to Stingray City and pet the stingrays. I did that in Bora Bora in 2015 and in Moorea, French Polynesia in 2014 and I never get tired of the little stingrays.

However, in Moorea, He got back on the boat for a glass of water and then grabbed the camera and took pictures of me. Then he said, "Wait about 30 seconds and then smile. I asked him why. He said a whole school of sharks was swimming my way and he wanted to get me with the sharks in the picture.

He got the picture - they were just reef tip sharks so they didn't bother me.

We will be on the Veendam - was on it from Holland to Ft. Lauderdale 3 years ago and we like the ship.

Note to self - get the Go Pro and snorkel mask ordered. Think I will order a new mask for me too!

southgirl
Expert
southgirl

I have all the crafty things I need. Really. I usually buy me a Xmas present but I am not this year. Maybe after Xmas I will get a new Kindle, maybe not. IDK.

Yay to the cruise tho. Henri Jean, your Honey Bunny knows how to give.

Edited by southgirl on 12-15-17 08:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to southgirl

He really is good to me! I'm spoiled and that is a good thing.

Actually, he is more of a cruiser and traveler than I am - he does all the planning. I just go along for the ride!

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 12-15-17 02:43 PM

I like that!! I usually just shop at my favorite scrapbooking sites and hit pay myself!!!

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to ckair

My girlfriends love taking me on cruises. They have to do all the planning cause it seriously stresses me out. I just can't handle the "pressure".

This is strange because I generally work well under pressure but not when it comes to my personal life. I get trapped in my own head with trying to organize the trip I end up having a meltdown.

My husband has to plan our trips as well. I take care of the bags (the little details).

suebird
Expert
suebird

We need a new stove, so (eventually) that will be our present to each other. The present stove came with the house when we moved in, and it's really time to get a new one.

Don, my husband has worked at the local Macy's Logistics for several years. He deals with furniture, bedding, etc. The previous job pretty much 'sold out' from under all the workers, which still stinks.

Edited by suebird on 12-17-17 05:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to suebird

I enjoy doing the planning but Blll really loves planning it so I let him have at it. He watches the pennies a lot better than I do. When I plan, I tend to go big scale and over budget.

He gets the most bang for the buck when he plans.

For Cuba he booked a car and a guide and a 55 Cadillac convertible for a 5 hour tour the first day.

For the rest of the ports we will decide when we get off the ship. There are always tours and taxis on the dock for way less than the ships excursions.

Bill doesn't know it yet but we are getting new 180 degree snorkel masks for Christmas so I know we will get some snorkeling in.

In Grand Cayman I would love to swim with the stingrays. We did that in Bora Bora and again in Moorea, French Polynesia and I always love that, but we can buy those trips when we get off the ship. Don't need to schedule in advance.

Cuba we had to decide in advance because you can't get off the ship in Havana unless you have a confirmed tour that meets the guidelines of the Cuban government. You can't go off on your own. The second day, you can. But first you have to do a hands-to-hands project that mingles you with the Cuban people and culture and the old car tour does because the tour and guide are Cuban. Go figure.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to borntoscrap

I am very excited for my xmas gifts from my hubby when my dd came here to finish the cards for the sick Jacob.. she asked if I had any mettallic markers & I don't but I used to so my baby got me a nice set of 18 in a nice box I also noticed I was out of sharpies which I used to use on cards so my baby got me a 21 set of sharpies too plus some address labels I used to love having all the different address labels...colors.. styles etc plus I used to stamp them but I hate that now

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to ckair

• ckair Said:
I like that!! I usually just shop at my favorite scrapbooking sites and hit pay myself!!!

Me too... and I've been very good this year so Santa was extra kind and got me more paper and more paper....

Tenant

My dog always gives me the best presents. Somehow he always knows exactly what I want!

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to eflevin

• eflevin Said:
My dog always gives me the best presents. Somehow he always knows exactly what I want!

Awwwww........

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim

Having divested myself of my erstwhile spousal unit earlier this year, I have purchased my own Christmas gifts. My dog Cullen now has a new little brother puppy called Rudi (he's all of 8 weeks old) and I have a brand new Gemini Jr. electric die-cutter.

Best darned Christmas presents ever, in other words :-)

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to ppilgrim

Bumping this up to get it above all the SPAM that is all over the boards.

New Kid On the Block

Thanks for sharing useful list for Christmas. As Christmas is the big occasion, So selecting the perfect gift is one of the most important things. Last Christmas I bought wholesale sunglasses from City Sunglass (https://citysunglass.com/new-arrival) as a Christmas gift. As wholesale designer sunglasses are considered as one of the most demanded fashion accessories in recent time.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics