Page 14 of 14 
Username Post: 2018 Volume Challenge        (Topic#1667951)
Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Out of sequence, but popping it in here anyway. This is my brother, who I call Santa Randy.

Every December he makes dozens of appearances in nursing homes, hospitals, church functions for all kinds of churches, is in the country Christmas parade as Santa.

Every they laugh because they get a stack of Christmas cards with pictures of their kids visiting Santa sitting on Santa's knee and Randy is the Santa so he gets a collection of Christmas cards with his own picture every year.

He doesn't do public paid appearances except for one - there is one person who pays him handsomely to attend a function he throws every year as Santa. Other than that it is all volunteer and charity work.

One major department store - I don't remember which one - tried to get him to come to work for them when they saw him on day in another city but he isn't interested. He has a job and likes working 12 months a year!

We are proud of him also because he won the Choctaw Country School Board position yesterday - a position he has held for a while. Still exciting when he wins again.

My brother, Santa By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 710 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 711 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 711 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

Page 712 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 713 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 713 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Adventure Awaits - 61/52 By NMscrapper
61/52

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to NMscrapper

#216 & 217
Harbour Walk By Scrapanda

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Scrapanda

Page 714 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 715 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 715 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

Page 716 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

suebird
Expert
suebird

Here is one of my layouts from last years vacation.

Morning on the lake By Suebird

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to suebird

Valentine's Day By Scrapanda

Love is all that I need By Scrapanda

Lazy Day By Scrapanda

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Scrapanda

Now and Forever 62/52 By NMscrapper
62/52

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

Hello ladies. Dropping off some of my newest layouts...we had a snow day here so I am taking advantage and scrapping all day! 140/160 - 88%

Italy Adventure - Epcot By Godschild94

Christmas Eve 2012 By Godschild94

These are the Moments I Love By Godschild94

Together Around the Bonfire By Godschild94

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to godschild94

Sharing a few more layouts...didn't want to drop them all at once. 143/160 - 89%

Happy Birthday Dad By Godschild94

Conor Amos-Given Unto Christ By Godschild94

Christmas Morning with Love 2012 By Godschild94

It's so quiet on here...hope you ladies are having a fantastic weekend!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to godschild94

Flowers - 63/52 By NMscrapper
63/52

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

hello all from just south of cuba headed to Jamaica.

I am just checking in to say hi.

I am not the best sailor - and what do they give you for a cure - green apples and what is one of the only fruits I hate - apples -especially green but they do help and dramamine

When we are in port I am fine but the first 3 days were not nice and I still have bad days but when I am not sick I love this life. ANyway take care of each other!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Page 717 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 718 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 719 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 719 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

House of Bottles By Scrapanda

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Scrapanda

Wedding Party - 64/52 By NMscrapper
64/52

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Tammy - for seasickness, go to the ships clinic and ask for chemo medicine. I got some last time - haven't tried it but I keep it on hand now.

Bill got queasy twice and took one each time. You put them under your tongue and the seasickness is gone in about 3 minutes. It is almost instant. And, it lasts for at least 8 hours.

The doctor gave them to me because I have don't like Dramamine - they put me to sleep. Then I sleep for 2 days. I've taken them as a preventative and hate them.

The chemo tablets dissolve in seconds and there are no side effects at all, no drowsy to staying awake or anything. Best thing out there.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 720 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 721 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 721 - Volume Challenge - both sides By Henri Jean

Page 722 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 723 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 723 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Joyous - 65/52 By NMscrapper
65/52

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Ocean Air By Scrapanda

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to Scrapanda

Determination 69/75 By T-towngirl

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl
In response to t-towngirl

Tammy, I hope you are feeling better. Not sure if you are still on the cruise. I have never been sea sick, but have been with people that have. I feel for you.

Ladies, I am almost acu. I will be back!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

I can't wait to waste my life away with you By Scrapanda

#223 & 224
North Cape Coast By Scrapanda

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Scrapanda

Tammy - I hope your seasickness is doing better if you are still on the cruise. Don't forget chemo medicine next time - I had never tried it before or even heard of taking it before but that is what Bill took last time - worked in 3 minutes and lasted about 8 hours. He had to take it twice.

Its for cancer, but ships infirmaries keep them on hand for seasickness because its found to be the best thing. On the ship you will have to get a quick physical which consists of checking heart and pulse.

However, I now have them in my medicine cabinet for food poisoning and things like that. Highly recommend getting them from your regular doctor before the next cruise.

The second best thing is the suppositories - they work within 5 minutes and last 8 hours or maybe it's 12 hours, and your doctor can also give you a prescription for those, although this ship we were just on doesn't dispense them anymore because the chemo tabs are so much better!

Now that I'm home - time to start getting ready for Christmas!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 724 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 723 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 723 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Love Endures All Things - 66/52 By NMscrapper
66/52

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Hello everyone! We are home (late last night).

So re the seasickness - the stuff they gave me on the ship only made me worse so not doing that again BUT a combination of crackers, green apples, dramamine and ginger ale worked a charm and although I had some woozy days that cleared it up!

Ian is doing a Bill, and already looking for the next one!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I told Bill that Ian is doing a Bill and already looking for the next one and he just grinned. Bill has been looking every night since we've been home.

Glad you found a combination that worked for you for the seasickness. I see a lot of passengers with little round patches behind their ear and they swear by them. I don't know if they work or not, but it might be worth asking the doctor about for next time.

What did they give you on the ship? I know they have a lot of different things but the one I hear really works is green apples. Dramamine works well for Bill but I can't take it with asthma. Plus one pill and I sleep for 2 days. He is liking the little chemo tabs best. I haven't tried them so don't know how they work first hand.

Hope you really enjoyed the cruise otherwise. Sounds like Ian really did. It is definitely the best way to travel (when seas are calm, which they usually are), we love unpacking in just one place instead of dragging suitcases from one hotel to another.

And the service and the food. We love cruising. It is definitely the most stress free way to travel. Go to bed at night and you are in a new country when you wake up.

We love meeting people on the ships too.

I hope the seasickness won't keep you from wanted to cruise again! Now that you know what calms down your queasies, I hope you will be ready to get back on another ship.

What is looking interesting to Ian?

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

I don't know to be honest - I can't possibly go on another long cruise before July as I would run out of holidays!

But he suggested yeterday on the way home - we try to plan something together!

it hasn't put me off now that I know the combination
- green apples (eww but they do work)
- ginger ale
- 1 dramamine
- crackers

I dont know what they gave me on the ship but I slept and slept and was even more sick and groggy

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

SO glad you got the combination figured out that works for you. Dramamine works for Bill, but takes a while to kick in. No idea what they gave you on the ship, but I wouldn't take it again either!

Its hard to get time for long vacations when you are working but whenever you can squeeze them in - they are fun. You and Ian get a lot of mileage out of short, romantic get-aways, which is something I wish we did more!

Have one more large suitcase to unpack. Three are unpacked and put away and the carry-ons are all unpacked and put away.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 724 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

For this one, I used 2 photos - one, a wide shot to show the box Lincoln was sitting in - in relation to the stage and the other to show the box seat area where he was sitting a little better.

Page 725 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

The two pages together.

Page 725 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

We got unpacked today and the laundry done! However, neither of us can sleep - it is 4:27 am (and not for lack of trying).

I have been enjoying your Tahiti and Fiji photos! I know Ian has it in his head to do NZ and Austraila

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

You should do Australia and NZ. We've done both. To be honest, the best way would probably be a cruise. You can get ones all the way around and they stop in every good place.

When we try to see something like this, we just can't keep flying from one place to another to see what we want and if we tried driving, we'd spend all our time in the car.

BIll has backpacked around Australia and NZ for several months and said he find cruising a much better way to see it.

There are a few places that neither one of us has seen like Tasmania and so we will probably, eventually take just a cruise all the way around Australia and New Zealand.

South Pacific cruises often include New Zealand too.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Yes he was looking at a Holland America cruise but we will see - the flight alone would cost a fortune.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

The flights are the expense that makes cruising so hard some time. Bill has a Holland America credit card that he pays off every month and it earns frequent flyer miles. He buys and pays stuff with it and pays it off every month, but gives us miles.

He changing to an American Airlines credit card I think - when you open or transfer you get 50,000 miles.

Usually we have military hops but that is too chaotic this time of year with kids out of school - you can get stuck for the entire Christmas holidays in some places. So he uses the frequent flyer miles that he gets from credit card companies. But we pay our credit card bill in full every month so never pay interest.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 726 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 727 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 727 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

Page 728 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

How Sweet It Is . . . - 67/52 By NMscrapper
67/52

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

Ladies we are in the home stretch! I doubt I will make my goal but who knows. We have so much to do before we get our new place.

With that in mind, I will have lots going on in the beginning of the new year. Would anyone be willing to host this challenge - pretty much runs itself but I feel really guilty when I can't get here often.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Tammy - I wish you wouldn't feel guilty. Everyone here just loves you and we understand busy.

Just set up a welcome page for us and we are good to go.

We can keep track of our own progress to see if we make our individual goals - I don't mind that at all. Just want you around here whenever you can be.

Last year you popped in and said hello when you could, and that is better than no Tammy at all! Just do that again and I will be one very happy camper!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 729 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 730 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 731 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 731 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

Pink Spoonbill
Queen
Pink Spoonbill

Good morning all you scrappers.

Yes, I'm still alive. We had a wonderful time on our cruise. The first cruise is always the best but this last one was the second best. We had so much fun, saw so many interesting things and won at least seven trivia contests (I lost count). Since we have been home, it has been hectic. The earthquake in Alaska didn't help at all. I am happy to report all our wonderful friends made it through alive. They had a lot of damage of stuff in their homes but their homes are standing. Please keep them in your prayers.

Well I have a lot of catching up to do. Tammy, sorry we missed you and the Moose. I hope if you come back, you will let us know. Welcome back Blanca and Henri. Henri, when is your next adventure? Hahaha!

Off to the gallery. Have a wonderful day.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to Pink Spoonbill

Welcome back Terri! Am so happy to see you and appreciate all your sweet remarks in my gallery!

Yea! Terri's Back!!!

Congratulations on your trivia wins. On our last cruise they gave a bottle of sparkling wine for every win. Our team traded it in for 6 soft drinks (some took diet) or we could get 5 non-alcoholic drinks so we took virgin pina coladas some days.

Can't wait to see cruise pages start popping up!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

hmmm Holland America Virgin Pina Coladas yummy!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

My favorite! Bill's too!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 732 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 733 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 733 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

Pink Spoonbill
Queen
Pink Spoonbill

We got lots of pins. It was all they gave throughout the cruise. I think they were trying to get rid of them since the Rotterdam is not going to sail from Tampa anymore. (I'm crying...I love that ship!) Sorry Henri, it will be awhile before you see that cruise. There is five cruises ahead of it. Did I mention I'm slightly behind? Hahahaha!

Well I was very productive today. I finally got the laundry done, ironing is completed, Christmas letter is photocopied on Christmas paper, Christmas cards are done up to the H's and all the boxes that have to be shipped are gone. Yikes...I'm tuckered out.

I need to start scrapping and finish my goal. I'm close.

Well I'm off. Have a great evening.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Oh good - so I have 5 cruises to vicariously sail with you. Can't wait to see any of them!

Congratulations on getting so much done. You are a ball of fire when you get busy!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 734 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 735 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

• Pink Spoonbill Said:
Good morning all you scrappers.

Yes, I'm still alive. We had a wonderful time on our cruise. The first cruise is always the best but this last one was the second best. We had so much fun, saw so many interesting things and won at least seven trivia contests (I lost count). Since we have been home, it has been hectic. The earthquake in Alaska didn't help at all. I am happy to report all our wonderful friends made it through alive. They had a lot of damage of stuff in their homes but their homes are standing. Please keep them in your prayers.

Well I have a lot of catching up to do. Tammy, sorry we missed you and the Moose. I hope if you come back, you will let us know. Welcome back Blanca and Henri. Henri, when is your next adventure? Hahaha!

Off to the gallery. Have a wonderful day.

Lol! I just asked Henri, if she had heard from you. Glad you had a great time on the cruise. Welcome back! Loki g forward to the pictures.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Terri - Sadly, my next big adventure will be cataract surgery. Dread it. Not the pain of the surgery - I think I will be out for that. I dread the IV - I don't do well with IV's.

t-towngirl
Mayor
t-towngirl

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Ladies we are in the home stretch! I doubt I will make my goal but who knows. We have so much to do before we get our new place.

With that in mind, I will have lots going on in the beginning of the new year. Would anyone be willing to host this challenge - pretty much runs itself but I feel really guilty when I can't get here often.

Tammy, I am so close to making may goal, but I know I won’t make it.

Don’t worry about keeping track of our progress, we can do it ourselves. Check in whenever you can. We understand that life is busy. I for one, know the begging of the year is going to hard. I am hopeful that we can finish the home remodeling.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 736 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 737 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 737 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

Pink Spoonbill
Queen
Pink Spoonbill

Good morning all,

Sleepy today. I slept through the whole night and slept 8 hours!!! That never happens. I guess I have been busier than I thought.

Blanca, it was good to hear from you. How was your cruise?

I had a fun day yesterday. I went to a Christmas luncheon with some of the ladies in my housing area. We had a great lunch and my sides hurt from all the laughing.

Well I have to finish up my Christmas cards today and then, I should be good shape and can scrap. Wish me luck.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I'm so glad you had a good time at your luncheon! Sounds like you had a good time.

We have absolutely nothing Christmassy on our calendar - no parties or gatherings or anything. Our neighborhood doesn't do anything and we aren't in any groups that would have social gatherings. Well, Friday night our crop meets and will have a Christmas gift exchange, but not really a party.

However, a license plate collector is coming in tomorrow and may spend the night so I may not be able to go to the crop, or I may go very late. I may end up going out to eat with Bill and the collector - ideally though, dinner out will be early so I can go to the crop and just look at the food and just taste a few things. I promised to take deviled eggs.

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

hmmmm devilled eggs....
seems like we are going to have lots of cruise layouts in the coming months!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Every time we have a crop Claire (she hosts them) calls and asks me to do devilled eggs. Seems everyone loves them and others don't go over as well. Don't know why. I use sweet relish in mine and most people use dill pickles.

That is the only difference we can see.

We have a friend in New Mexico, a state senator and he always insists on my deviled eggs - says he loves deviled eggs, but mine are the absolute best.

I can tell you want goes in them, but it takes a lot of tests while making them. When I make them tomorrow I'll write down everything I do. I need to for my kids.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Two Hearts, One Love - 68/52 By NMscrapper
68/52

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Our family moved into our house in Miami when I wasn't much more than a toddler - and we lived there until I was 21. (Then I got an apartment and my family moved back to Alabama where mom grew up.)

When I was about 5 my parents wanted to buy me a swingset, but weren't happy with the quality of store-bought ones - too light weight and if the swing went to high, it tipped off the ground.

So daddy built me this one. I grew up with it - my brothers grew up with it and when my parents moved to Alabama, the somehow got it in a 26' moving van without taking it apart (after about 15 years, I doubt they could take it apart).

Daddy didn't want to pay a moving van company for expenses, so he found a used moving van for $500, moved from Miami to Alabama in 3 trips, and then sold the van for more than he paid for it. Bill and my dad were pretty close - how could they not be? They were so alike.

Anyway, when my family moved back to Alabama with this in 1970, they set it up in mom's yard and since there were no grandkids, she hung flower pots on it.

Last year, my brother got a tractor with an oversized attachment on the back and hauled it 2 miles to his house where the grandkids, nieces and nephews are really enjoying it. Not just the grandkids - that's Bill on the swing on the right (top layout - bottom two pictures.)

Randy replaced the swings and added a baby swing. We had two swings and a glider that daddy built to be sturdy. Randy also painted the swing set blue - it was always red until this summer. These pictures were taken in August and he took it to his house, painted it, and fixed it up before the family came in on August 12th for mom's 90th birthday.

These were taken the day before her big birthday party.

That's Joe (bottom layout) driving the 4 wheeler with 3 of his 3rd cousins piled on it. The one other that is Bill taking some of them for a ride around the property. Randy is on about 15 acres and there is a massive fishing pond and they run all around the property on the Kubuta and the 4-wheel. He has grassed every bit of his property and keeps in manicured like a golf course so the grands can play safely. Lots of snakes there (rattlers) and if the grass isn't manicured, the snakes can hide.

His entire place is set up for family and lots of kids around (he has 2 sons and their wives and 8 grandchildren. He has bedrooms set up to sleep all of them comfortably - they each have their own bed upstairs.

Inside, he can seat about 30 of us for family dinners in their home. Randy and Denvia really love family and I love both of them! Their home and yard are the heartbeat of our family gatherings.

Oh - the matching shirts the kids are wearing is for "Gibson Marine" - our family business. Everyone one in the family has one but I didn't think to take any of ours when we went in August.

Page 738 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 739 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Our family moved into our house in Miami when I wasn't much more than a toddler - and we lived there until I was 21. (Then I got an apartment and my family moved back to Alabama where mom grew up.)

When I was about 5 my parents wanted to buy me a swingset, but weren't happy with the quality of store-bought ones - too light weight and if the swing went to high, it tipped off the ground.

So daddy built me this one. I grew up with it - my brothers grew up with it and when my parents moved to Alabama, the somehow got it in a 26' moving van without taking it apart (after about 15 years, I doubt they could take it apart).

Daddy didn't want to pay a moving van company for expenses, so he found a used moving van for $500, moved from Miami to Alabama in 3 trips, and then sold the van for more than he paid for it. Bill and my dad were pretty close - how could they not be? They were so alike.

Anyway, when my family moved back to Alabama with this in 1970, they set it up in mom's yard and since there were no grandkids, she hung flower pots on it.

Last year, my brother got a tractor with an oversized attachment on the back and hauled it 2 miles to his house where the grandkids, nieces and nephews are really enjoying it. Not just the grandkids - that's Bill on the swing on the right (top layout - bottom two pictures.)

Randy replaced the swings and added a baby swing. We had two swings and a glider that daddy built to be sturdy. Randy also painted the swing set blue - it was always red until this summer. These pictures were taken in August and he took it to his house, painted it, and fixed it up before the family came in on August 12th for mom's 90th birthday.

These were taken the day before her big birthday party.

That's Joe (bottom layout) driving the 4 wheeler with 3 of his 3rd cousins piled on it. The one other that is Bill taking some of them for a ride around the property. Randy is on about 15 acres and there is a massive fishing pond and they run all around the property on the Kubuta and the 4-wheel. He has grassed every bit of his property and keeps in manicured like a golf course so the grands can play safely. Lots of snakes there (rattlers) and if the grass isn't manicured, the snakes can hide.

His entire place is set up for family and lots of kids around (he has 2 sons and their wives and 8 grandchildren. He has bedrooms set up to sleep all of them comfortably - they each have their own bed upstairs.

Inside, he can seat about 30 of us for family dinners in their home. Randy and Denvia really love family and I love both of them! Their home and yard are the heartbeat of our family gatherings.

Oh - the matching shirts the kids are wearing is for "Gibson Marine" - our family business. Everyone one in the family has one but I didn't think to take any of ours when we went in August.

Page 738 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 739 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

what a great story Henri!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Thanks Tammy. I'm getting anxious to go home for Christmas. I know, with mom 90 years old the year will come when we can't go home for Christmas. So we try to make every one of them now.

I used to think I had the most unfunctional family in the world - I thought it was awful. Now when I look back and when I see old pictures or the family at gathering, now I know it was me and my perception, not everyone else.

After being around a lot of other families now - I know the issues were in my head as a teenager - our family was always there.

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 740 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 741 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 741 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

Page 742 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 743 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 743 - Volume Challenge both sides By Henri Jean

Pink Spoonbill
Queen
Pink Spoonbill

Good morning everyone. I woke up to the most beautiful Florida sunrise. It was like the sky was on fire with purple, pink and golden yellow. Wow!!!

Henri, you don't even know dysfunctional families. Try mine if you want dysfunctional. You have a lovely family.

We had such a fun time yesterday. We went to church (holy day), picked up my favorite sandals at the shoe repair and then, had some good old fashion Christmas fun. We started at an antique store and I got my Christmas present. Tom bought me 166 Victorian black glass buttons. They are stunning and I don't even want to know how much they cost. He got a 1859 penny that he has had his eye on. Then we went to a museum and got educated. We had a lovely linner (combination of lunch and dinner) at a funky Florida restaurant called Stumpknockers. We strolled a boardwalk over a pond and I got some great photos of birdies. Sadly, no spoonbills. Then, we went to a Christmas tree lightning ceremony and finished up with a stroll through Fort Cooper. It was the site of a fort during one of the Seminole Wars. The volunteers have decked it out with Christmas lights, you can make s'mores, hot cider and chocolate and Christmas carols. It was magical. I think I have the Christmas spirit.

Hope you all have a great day. Ho ho ho!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy

oh that sounds entirely too lovely Terri (I am packing my Christmas stuff out of my china cabinet and other pretties). We now don't get our key until the 27th so no point in doing any christmas decorating here - it will be totally boxed up house for Christmas. I will probably still get a poinsettia though (and I am sure we will pick up a tree in the after Christmas sales for next year (we really do need a new one)

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

What a day Terri1 Sounds like your Christmas spirit has been turned on!

I haven't been to Stumpknockers in forever - of course, when we went, I had fried shrimp.

Ft. Cooper sounds like it was wonderful - I need to tell Bill to take me one night. What fun. I never knew they decorated or did anything special for the holiday.

Excited for you and you new buttons! How cool to find real Victorian buttons - what a Christmas present! So glad Tom got his penny too.

Bill bought a surprise for Tom - He found a Nebraska license plate with Tom R on it and came home so happy. I just have to remember to give it to you when I see you again. He loves license plates so much, he just figures it what everyone wants.

I think I'm getting a new camera for Christmas - pictures on mine aren't quite as clear as they used to be. I don't expect anything after I got spoiled with a strand of multi-colored black pearls from the Robert Wan gallery in Tahiti about a month ago. That should be Christmas and birthdays for the next 10 years!

He has a secret shopper job today from 10:30-1:30 and is excited about it.

He had to go to the parking lot of Golden Coral with a clipboard and ask people to answer a few quick questions about their experience and the food there, and if they answer, he gives them $1.00.

He loves to talk to people so he's happy. And it pays $20 an hour so he's even happier. And it keeps him out of trouble and he isn't spending anything anywhere. So he won't come home with any garage treasures.

I'm not sure if I will decorate or not this year. I say that most years and then pull it all out. With Joe coming home next week - I will probably get busy and pull it out but I have to clean first. THat is what I'm putting off!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 744 - Volume Challenge Cancun By Henri Jean

Page 745 - Volume Challenge Cancun By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Love these pictures of Bill trying to figure out the Mexican pesos - how much to pay and how much tip. We had just gotten there this morning - within a day, he was comfortable again with the Mexican money.

Page 746 - Volume Challenge Cancun By Henri Jean

Someone told me it looks like Bill is trying to snatch the cookie away from Cookie monster. Maybe he was!

Page 747 - Volume Challenge Cancun By Henri Jean

Page 747 - Volume Challenge Cancun both By Henri Jean

Have had this Cancun paper in my stash (now my digi file) forever and the word Cancun is so big all over it that it is hard to use. Decided that since every year I put it aside for the next trip, this time I was going to use it and just space my pictures out so you can see that it says Cancun.

I was standing on our balcony when Bill wrote our initials in the sand and then he was the big human plus sign! He gathered seaweed to write our initials in the bottom pictures.

All of these pictures were taken from our balcony.

Page 748 - Volume Challenge Cancun By Henri Jean

Page 749 - Volume Challenge Cancun By Henri Jean

Page 749 - Volume Challenge Cancun both By Henri Jean

Scrapjunki
Diva
Scrapjunki

Helloooooo, sorry I've been MIA for sooooooooo long! Just popping in quickly to catch up with uploading new layouts. I'm at 49/50 layouts now, so I should achieve my goal of completing 50 layouts at least!

Hope you're all doing well!

Ballito 2018 By Scrapjunki" title=" Ballito 2018 By Scrapjunki"Ballito 2018

Valediction Ceremony 2018 By Scrapjunki" title=" Valediction Ceremony 2018 By Scrapjunki"Valediction Ceremony 2018

Guns 'n Roses concert 2018 By Scrapjunki" title=" Guns 'n Roses concert 2018 By Scrapjunki"Guns 'n Roses Concert 2018

Ladybing Tammy
Angel
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Scrapjunki

Lovely to see you Gail!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 750 - Volume Challenge Cancun By Henri Jean

Page 14 of 14 
Permissions Topic Options