Page 3 of 5 
Username Post: January New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1668581)
cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! It is a cold 4 degrees this morning. I have a meeting at noon to work on the vacation schedule for our unit. Zoey and Zeke will be here 2:30 to 12:30.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:

Good morning and Happy Hump Day to you too.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

I moved Anna's camel over to our 5th page so no one would miss it.
Then I remembered not everyone's pages are the same #.

I keep getting up late. It's almost 9:00.

Casey-s sitter is going to Hawaii. Jan. 31-Feb 7. I said I'd babysit Oakley. How will I ever get up??? At least it is broken up by the weekend....Wed-Fri and the Mon-Tues.

I'd better get something done. Catch ya later.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Pocket letter for a swap By Southern Lady
here a pocket letter i did

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Yeh, hump day!

Its sunny and 25 at 10 am. Still icy too but DD did go to work. Seems silly to risk it doing PT on patients that shouldn't be out on slippery sidewalks. JMO

Ashley, your mom loves your sister, its in momma's nature to do stuff for our kids. However, your sister should NOT expect it. That's just selfish self-centeredness. Sometime it would be nice to hear of your sister doing stuff for your momma.

Danielle, what is the baby's gender? Do you know?

Take care, stay warm, and scrap!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

And Happy Hump Day to everyone too!
I had to take Emma to batting practice last night and we had a power outage right at time I left. Had to have been a car hitting a pole because only about 6 houses lost power. That wasn't the worst of it tho. Steve cooked scallops on the gas stove and I came home to house that smelled like a fish factory. GAG!!!! It took hours to get the smell out.

Andrea: hope the back problems are gone by now! The paper I use for my copics is thicker too but not so much that it needs the back tray.
Anna: Do you ever wonder what God was thinking when he created the camel? Or seals? Or Penguins? Stay warm!!!
Ashley: What Denise said is true. As moms we always want to help our kids however there is helping and enabling. Your loving Mom enables your sister's bad side without meaning to. That's the sad part---!
Cathe: I'm on page 11 here---what page are you on? I see page differences when I use the Ipad vs computer. anyone else? Have fun with Oakley!!!
Cheryl: Be careful out there!!! Couldn't you do a phone conference call to do the vacation plans?
Danielle: how awesome you are planning LOs for the babies! Have fun with it....
Denise: Your daughter is a physical therapist? That's cool!!!

Time to go...on hold with the ins co again!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

JCI. . . Kids are here 2:45 to 12:30 . . . Going to be a long day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
Yeh, hump day!

Its sunny and 25 at 10 am. Still icy too but DD did go to work. Seems silly to risk it doing PT on patients that shouldn't be out on slippery sidewalks. JMO

Ashley, your mom loves your sister, its in momma's nature to do stuff for our kids. However, your sister should NOT expect it. That's just selfish self-centeredness. Sometime it would be nice to hear of your sister doing stuff for your momma.

Danielle, what is the baby's gender? Do you know?

Take care, stay warm, and scrap!

yea it a boy

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

Terry my neenah is 110lbs The printer i have now only has a rear tray and it wont feed that thickness of paper.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hi! My sister and her husband came home today from their vacation. I was glad that she came to get her dog right away because he spent most of last night and today attacking me every time I stepped foot out of my bedroom. Now he's back where he belongs and I can leave my room once again LOL! I'm just hoping he doesn't show back up for dogsitting any other time this week.

Cheryl- People at the lab have been handing in vacation requests left and right lately. I guess everyone wants to get their vacation times in. I put in for summer vacations but not for vacations in the fall yet (still trying to convince my mom we need to go to Disney).

Denise- My sister's idea of doing things for my mom involves "taking my mom shopping" (for things for my sister) and "taking my mom out" (where my mom has to pay for brunch).

Terry- My mom said my sister's apartment reeked of fish. Her husband bought fish for a New Year's Eve party and never threw out the leftovers.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to DNA301

OOOO, if only your mom hadn't cleaned their apt. LOL Welcome home.

I hear ya Cheryl. Its my long day tomorrow. Just cause Its an early one.

Been scrapping today. getting these History pages cranked out. They are easy cause I don't embellish them much.

Danielle, a boy huh? When is he due to arrive?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

JCI

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Terry- I'm on page 5. Weird.

Danielle- a little boy, how nice.

I think this new Epson 830 is going to be just fine. I hate getting new things that aren't exactly like the thing you loved. LOL

Denise- so glad to see you scrapping again.

Yesterday while babysitting, we started to play with the bulldozers and trucks. Oakley looked at me and said,"you can go now Mommo, I want to play by myself"
I guess he didn't like my bulldozer voice. LOL

Andrea- hope the back is getting better.

Ashley- Wish I wasn't such a chicken about going places alone or I'd meet you at Disney World ! I've been to Disneyland twice. Once in 1969 and once in 1986. In 1991 I went to Universal in FL. I wanted to go to Disney World that day but was outvoted.

Have a good day everyone.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

https://www.google.com/search?q=images+of+sp ring&cl...

Think Spring!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

http://www.qygjxz.com/images-of-spring/4729 636.html

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning! With wind chills, we are -12 this morning! I am so over winter!!!!

Ashley, Denise and Terry are so right about your mother and sister.

Andrea, hope your back is doing much better now.

Cathe, my ipad, iphone, and laptop all show different page numbers for this site. Glad you like your new printer.

Cheryl, hope your survived your long day with the grands! How cold is it there?

Danielle, how much longer before you have a little nephew?

Denise, is your weather any warmer today?

Terry, I often do wonder why GOD created some of the creatures here on Earth. I always wondered about the opossum because they are all over the farm. We have often talked about their presence and found out they really are very helpful creatures. They have a natural immunity to rabies and poison snakes. They eat rodents, insects, snails and slugs and the such which is very helpful to the gardener. You always see these things dead in the middle of the road but after learning how helpful their they can be on the farm and elsewhere, we don’t bother them. They really don’t seem to bother anything. And now that you have had your public service announcement for the day!!!!!!!

Have a good one!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

Denise- due may 10 that what my mom told me. yea and then my brother girlfriend have a boy to and her is i think due in June.

so today look like a cold day here . well they said we should get some snow here tomorrow we will see what happens. nothing much today just walk the dogs and then go to the gym. next week i have to call the vet to make apt to get her stiches out of her. well i am work on some baby layouts. i am going to make one of baby first bath and layout of the grandparents like my mom and dad and his parents and then i make one for us aunt and uncle and do one for my brother that way my sister could have a pic of us with the baby. so we are think now we will go see the baby in may seen my husband has a work thing he has to go in April. we will go to Vegas and my husband going to help his mom redo the master bathroom. my parent will pick me up and we can go see my sister and the baby. so i did 2 layouts already one layout where my sister can put the waite of the baby and the day and time when she has the baby. the second one is first picture

hope everyone has a nice thrusday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to southern lady

Good morning!!

Anna - it has been in the teens with single digit wind chills. By Sunday, it is supposed to be 60.

Cathe - Glad you like the printer

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Yes a bit warmer. 29. Lol going to 45 they say. 70 by Saturday.

Cooper has his tools out and is playing and watching Rusty Rivets.

2 boys Danielle, fun.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

My laptop and my android phone are on page 11. Strange how its all different.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - I am tired of this yo-yo weather!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Merry Christmas By Scrappin 2

Here is my first Christmas LO.
Guess I like them kind of busy don't I ?

Danielle- do your brother and sister live by each other so the boys will get to play with one another?
Sounds like you have a nice start on the album.

Anna- Although I could do without snakes, I am a firm believer in the balance of nature. All creatures have their place. ..............unless of course Man intervenes and screws things up.

I could have thrown my Silhouette out the window this afternoon. I started making some titles. Nothing seemed to go right. Maybe I need a new blade.

We've been cold too. Temps are supposed to improve this weekend. It really doesn't bother me as I don't have to go out. If I do, it's get in the car, run into the store and back to the car. I sure feel sorry for people that have to work outside.

Have a nice evening.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

OH I didn't mean for you to have to go to that link for the Spring image. Guess I've forgotten a step that Van showed me. LOL
I'll get it right some day!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hey, no problem, Cathe, I liked the images!

Me too Cheryl. Blah

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Today we were crazy short at the lab (a lot of call outs) and I wound up helping at three different stations while working on body fluids. Thankfully, my station didn't get very busy until the end of the shift and it wasn't crazy busy...it was only three spinal fluids at 3PM. They all arrived at once so I had to work on all of them at once. They were all clear and not gross and bloody so that made things easier LOL!

Cathe- My dad really wants to go to Disney with us. He has his whole health issues thing sorted (like what he would need to deal with his oxygen issues and how he'd rent one of those electric scooters since he can't walk distance anymore) but my sister is being a serious jerk. She won't stay here with our nearly 90 year old grandmother (who can't be home alone...she forgets to turn the gas off or won't lock the doors at night) so my dad can't come because he has to stay with my grandmother.

Anna- We've started seeing opossum in our area and, being city folks, they freak the fishsticks out of all of us. One of my favorite comments about animals and God is that the platypus is proof God loves us and has a sense of humor. Otherwise why would he have created such a silly looking creature.

Denise- I have no idea why but my computer has us on page three LOL!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Ashley - Your sister is extremely selfish especially after all your mom does for her.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning ladies!

Oh my, I have SO much catching up to do! Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes And Happy Belated Birthday to you Cheryl!

I'm at work and it's 7:00am...lets see how long it takes for me to finish this post lol

So as most of you saw on FB....we did take the kitty in. She's a boy lol I've been wracking my brains coming up with a name for him. I have to "feel" it. Hubby actually came up with the name Bailey. His official name is Mr. Bailey, but we'll call him Bailey. He's named after George Bailey from It's a Wonderful Life, my favorite Christmas movie. Because he will have a wonderful life He came home from the vet yesterday afternoon...have him in Patrick's old room right now. He is loving being inside, he is sooo affectionate and such a lovey

Andrea - Hope your back is better. Back pain is no joke!

Anna - That alarm in Hawaii was super scary! My nephew and his girlfriend are there, they were petrified! The world has become a scary, hateful place. Someone needs to put a stop to the madness! Yay for spending time in your scraproom!

Ashley - Glad you found your phone case! I bought a thin Otterbox on Amazon, it was only $20. I really like the decorative cases, but really wanted something sturdy to protect my $900 phone. $900 for a phone, flipping insane!!

Cathe - Yes, this winter weather IS wonderful! It's so cozy Although I don't have to deal with snow. Or leave the house lol How's the new printer working out? I bought a new Canon compact photo printer a few months ago. Loved my old one but wanted something wireless so I could print directly from my phone. Hubby also got me a Kodak wireless printer for Christmas. I have one laptop that barely works, I do everything from my phone and ipad. I like Kodak printers cause they can handle the thick paper for printing digital stamps.

Cheryl - You really are a superhero! You work, cook, scrapbook and take care of the kiddies in a single bound. How is your hubby feeling? All the flu talk is scary, we got our flu shots in September, right before our cruise. We only started getting them after I had pneumonia, I also got the pneumonia shot last year. I worry about my hubby and son Patrick since they work with the public. I keep telling them to wash their hands a lot and keep their hands off their faces.

Denise - That tomato soup sounds delish! Perfect with this cold weather. I'll have to give that a try. With me on WW and the hubby being so stinkin picky we've been cooking double dinners. Favorite cake...hmmmm, hard question. There is this cheesecake cake that is to die for, it's so easy to make and super delicious. I'll have to dig out the recipe.

Danielle - Have fun with all the baby shopping! I wish I was more into scrapbooking when my boys were babies-they have such cute stuff. I guess I'll wait for the grandbabies to start coming lol

Katy - I'm usually wide awake super early on my days off. The days I do work I have such a hard time getting up

Terry - Were you a hunter? Or just like big guns? lol The hubby and I are wanting to learn to shoot, get a gun for the house. I think about how the only thing separating me from a physco who is trying to break into my house is a sheet of glass. So hubby got us BB guns for Christmas, he setup a shooting range in the backyard. I'ma be a gun slingin mama. Haha! So how far in advance do you have to apply for SS/Medicare? Hubby is only 62 but the time is coming. Do you know if different states have different requirements? Sounds like a major hassle

Hi Jeannie! I think I got everyone now lol

Not too bad (knock wood) It's 8:58 and I'm hitting add post!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

It's 25 degrees outside! YHEA!

I have to get to the grocery store today.

Ashley- That's too bad that your sister won't stay with you Grandma. Your sister would be gone during the day though wouldn't she? Still, she is a selfish person.
I have heard the phrase about God and Platypuses.

Have a good day.
I will bbl.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Oh - page 12 on my work puter and phone

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Donna - I think your new kitty loves it there!! We both have had the flu. DH is feeling better.

Off to get Karyol’s brace and shoes. I will try to check back in before work.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

good morning

Cathe - no they don't live close my sister live in Arizona and my brother and his girlfriend live in California.

well yesterday i had to go to my husband work and pick him up seen he had to go get his MRI to see how the ms is doing. so we had to go into twin fall hospital . so drop him off and had to go to the bank to deposit some checks then i went to the mall are Macy is going out of business . so i went and look at the baby stuff and bought my brother girlfriend a outfit for the baby it has a helicopter on it and seen my brothers try to be one i though it was cute and on sale the went to Victoria secret to get some stuff then head back to the hospital but my husband wasn't done so i just sat in the car park lot. then my husband call me to tell me that he was done. next week i need to call the vet to make apt to get my dog stiches out.

well hope everyone has a nice Friday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Morning!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Crazy day yesterday and scary too. Little Abby woke Steve up at 3AM because she was having a seizure or possible stroke. He woke me immediately Took her 15 min to be able to move and then each leg did something different. She walked into corners, round and round in circles, panting really hard so we ran her into the ER vet. She scratched her eye at some point during this. But she was fully out of the seizure and side effects by 10am. Then took her to our vet who is running blood work etc for a possible cause. I had 3 hrs sleep and must have looked like a zombie. It was scary. We'll know more today.

That's so weird that we are all on different pages! Who knew?

Donna: I've been around guns and hunters all my life! I tried hunting pheasant once in CO with dad, Steve, and 3 more guys and almost shot my toe off. I was peeing when a rabbit ran thru my legs, I jumped up, gun went off, guys came running, and my pants are down around my ankles. NO more hunting!!! I did like to shoot clay tho! Can't shoot anymore due to the rotator cuff surgery that I don't want to hurt. I would like to get a hand gun and learn to shoot that.

Hope everyone is well. Need to run as it's time to go to the meat market and hubby is waiting!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Trying to get a nap in before work but things keep happening such as the dog barks, someone rings the doorbell, the phone rings!!!!! 😡😡😡😡😡

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Terry, I had tears running down my face from laughing. I can just picture it!

Cheryl, I am so sorry.

Terry, your poor Abby. Hope she is okay!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Checkin in, I usually don't this late in the evening........8:18

Terry- Oh dear! I hope Abby is going to be ok. How scary. It's just like having a kid.
I bet you were a funny site, with your pants down around your ankle and the rabbit running under your legs.
I think I would have liked skeet shooting. I couldn't bear to shoot a creature. well, I COULD kill a snake. LOL (so much for balance of nature)

Danielle- the outfit for your brother's baby sounds cute.
I'm glad our Macy's isn't closing. I hardly ever buy anything there, but I wouldn't want the empty store in the mall.

When someone has the time I need you to call me and walk me through getting to the thread on my IPhone. I have the ap. I'll go mess with it later. Sometimes if I try hard I can figure things out. I quit too easily. On second thought I think I can get here but not to the Rockin Scrappin Grans.

Have a nice evening.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? I was randomly 9-5 on the third floor today. It was super cold in that lab today and I have no idea why. It got so bad I had to go get my hoodie from my locker and wear that under my lab coat to try and keep warm...it really didn't work since there was an actual breeze in the lab but it helped a little LOL! I work this weekend...hoping the upstairs lab isn't as cold as the third floor one!

Cheryl- My sister thinks she's owed all the things my mom does for her. Tomorrow she and my mom are going to this woman's rights march they're having in Manhattan (I'm glad I'll be at the lab). My mom doesn't want to go but my sister played the "Well, you do things with Ashley all the time and never do anything with me" card so my mom wound up going.

Donna- Your kitty is super cute! He reminds me of BG....BG is the kitten that adopted our family. She can't come inside because of the dog but she has her houses and a heated pillow and LOVES my mom (hates my sister's husband though).

Cathe- Yeah...my sister would be at work during the day but my grandmother spends most of her day watching Game Show Network or Hallmark Channel in her bedroom. It would just be for diner and until my grandmother went to bed.

Terry- Your poor puppy! That sounds so scary! I hate when my beagle has seizures...he just lays down and looks so sad and afraid. Thankfully he hasn't had one in a long time. (My beagle is epileptic)

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to DNA301

Good morning all. Well it's been a crazy couple of months. My laptop died right after Thanksgiving. My wonderful husband got me a new laptop for Christmas. So I'm now able to be back on the boards. I've missed being here. Been working hard at consistently blogging and getting ready to set up a YouTube channel for my crafting demos. This coming week I'll be up watching Creativation videos from Arizona. Heidi Swapp and Carpe Diem planners have some amazing new product coming out!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Kimberly Rae

Hello good morning

Well nothing much today just go to the grocery store. I need to buy some more baby stuff. I ask my sister what the baby room is and it is Harry Potter one of her friends is given her baby crib and my cousin that just had a baby boy is give clothes that the baby out grow. We had little weird weather yesterday it rain and then started snowing.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

Have a great day everyone!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Terry so sorry to hear of Abbys health problems. How is she doing?

Wow what a hunting story. I am sure at the time is was not funny. But reading you story sure made me laugh.

Edited by andrea m on 01-20-18 09:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

Terry - Hilarious hunting story!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hiya.

Ive been working on my garden prep until it started raining. So I moved indoors and raised the curtain rod in the baby's room and ironing the drapes. So many creases from being folded. Also gong to iron the ruffled bed skirt. Same creases. lol

Going over to son-in-laws' parents for dinner tonight to celebrate the January birthdays. His is the 13, my granddaughters is the 13, his nephew's is the 16, his sister's is the 18th and his nieces are Dec 28 and 30th. Next weekend is my grandson Emmett's birthday party at 2 to 4, his is the 28th and our neighbor's boys are both in January so they have a party 10 to 12. Then dinner at Emmett's after the party. The next day is baby dedication at church for Sadie. yikes, too much!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Evening ladies!

Terry, hope Abby is having a better day today! I'm with others, I had to laugh out loud visioning you trying to pee and a rabbit running between your legs! I have my concealed weapons license but I have never shot a gun of any type in my life!

Denise, sounds like you have a lot of partying to do!

Have a great evening!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Hi everyone..remember me..I used to join in. Just want to say hi. I haven't been up in my craft room in weeks...got the post Christmas blues.

I have not forgotten I signed up to host next month and I will. Maybe I will find my mojo then.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

JCI

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Have a wonderful Sunday ladies!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

Have great Sunday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! Church, lunch out, and then grandkids.

Have a wonderful day!!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Morning! I'm leaving in an hour to head to the beach for 3 days for our annual girls weekend off/start the store buying trip. After last week I really need a break!
Thanks everyone for Abby's good wishes. Her blood tests came back great with a little liver problem that the vet said is common after a seizure. What a relief! We are going to take her to CO in March and not board her with the other 2 dogs.

That's a lot of birthdays Denise!!! July is the month that gets me with 5 birthdays and 1 anniversary (ours). Have fun tho....
I seem to remember someone named Jeannie!!!! tehehehe....

Enjoy your Sunday and I'll be back Wed at the latest!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Happy Sunday!!

It always seems to be a busy day for me.
I don't get up early
So I don't get to church until 10:00 Mass.
Then it seems like I always have to go to the
grocery store. At least there is one just down
the road from church.
I'm having spaghetti.
I was going to make up a new batch, but forgot to buy Puree.
Luckily I had a batch frozen.
It's a pain to defrost in the micro, but it's done and simmering in a pot.

I'm going to scrap.

Terry- if you check in...........we'll miss you! Hope its not too chilly at the beach.

Have a nice day.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Terry, hope you have a wonderful trip and that you can have some decent weather to take a walk along the beach!

Warning: Mini bomb! Sorry to drop so many at one time.

Love You By Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 01-21-18 03:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Send Love By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Be Mine By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Be A Pop Of By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Life is a Beautiful Thing By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Peace By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

I have made almost 50 Valentine cards since Christmas. They are for the Cards for Hospitalized Kids Project. These 3 x 3 cards made it pretty easy. I made several of each.

Valentines Cards By Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 01-21-18 03:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Valentine Cards By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Valentine Cards By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Thanks in advance for looking and commenting. I promise not to drop any more bombs as I am done for the month! Have a great evening ladies!

Edited by Anna C on 01-21-18 03:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Hello y'all.

Anna, fun cards!

Good news on Abby, Terry! Have fun at the beach, I saw your sunset photo on FB. Gorgeous.

Cheryl, hope you had a good day with grands.

Cathe, spaghetti is on our menu this week. Not my favorite but DH loves it.

Jeannie, howdy dear lady. We miss ya.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Worked the weekend so I didn't do much LOL! I thought we'd be in the clear at the lab because the state inspection was over but NOPE! Now we're in the window for national inspectors to come and I don't have a vacation in sight for me to escape being there during the inspection. I mean, I do have two separate weeks on the third floor and one at our 61st street offsite lab. Maybe they can come during those weeks so I won't be in the main lab for the insanity that comes with inspections.

Denise- That is A LOT of birthdays at once! WOW!

Terry- Enjoy your trip!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Unfortunatly my friend’s dad was life flighted to Vanderbilt Hospital. My sister and I drove down to be with her. It does not look good.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Cheryl, I saw that post on FB and was concerned it might be your Dad. I am glad it is not but I am so sorry for your friend.

Terry, I saw your photo too and it made me really want to be at the beach. I haven't been to a beach in several years.

Have a great day ladies!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

good morning!

It's raining here. Quite gloomy.
I have my knee appointment with the Ortho doctor today. Of course it doesn't hurt much anymore.

Cheryl- it was so nice of you and your sister to drive to Nashville to be with your friend.

Anna- Nice to see you that you were crafting. I'll get into your gallery soon.

Ashley- I remember at school when the state inspectors would come..........OIY!

Terry- hope you are having a great time.

Denise- I'm not as crazy about spaghetti as I used to be. Maybe I need to try a different recipe.

Have a good day everyone! bbl

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

Terry! Have fun at the beach,

cathe- have a good time at your apt with the Ortho doctor today.

Cheryl- it was so nice of you and your sister to drive to Nashville to be with your friend.

well it is snow here right now. i need to call the vet to make apt for my dog to get her stiches out. she loves when i take the cone off. i am still work on some baby layouts i need to get some more embellishments for the layouts.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning, well its almost noon. Sunshine and 60s. Just like its supposed to be this time of year! YAY!!!!

Cooper is busy playing with his train table. We moved it upstairs to the playroom up here. Made it like brand new! lol Sadie is asleep in the swing. Poor girl has a cold.

Oh no, Cheryl, I said a prayer for your friend and her dad.

We took a Historical Marker drive yesterday. I love doing that. I've been doing it for almost 30 years now. We went toward the coast to Brazoria county. Brazoria claims to be the "Cradle of Texas." Stephen F. Austin had his "Old 300" colony in that area. Its ton the coastal plain with huge live oaks draped with Spanish Moss spread majestically out across the landscape. Lots of plantations and history to be had. There are 54 markers in this county alone out of the 16,000 state-wide. I have a LOT to go even after all this time. We were gone about 9 or 10 hours. It helps me get mom out of the house too. She will ride along with me and she can use the seat heaters when her hips/buttox hurt. Hubby goes too, he sits in the backseat reading news on his phone, listening to old country music etc. He puts gas in the tanka dn drives home cause its gotten harder for me to take the headlights of other cars and I have some trouble seeing too. Getting older stinks. Eye doc told me I would get cateracts later because I have almost no pigment in my eyes. Ive always had trouble with sunlight and ALWAYS wear sunglasses even when tis overcast outside. Anyway, it was a fun day.

Danielle, are you going to show us your baby LOs when you finish them?

Take care friends.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to rockmom

Well hello again.... I checked in earlier this weekend... no response from anyone. I guess I'm not welcomed here for some reason or another.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Kimberly Rae

SO By Scrappin 2

Two from me. I never feel like the twp-pagers show up well. The aren't true two pagers, but they will be next to one another and "go" together.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 01-22-18 01:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Oh Kim so sorry I didn't respond to your post.
Sometimes I don't respond to everything I read.
Weekends are pretty quiet in here. This weekend was especially scarce. A lot of people were busy.

Of course you are welcome.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Knee appointment with the Ortho Doc. ---for now take Advil, call back if it gets worse. It's what I expected as it doesn't hurt very much anymore. He said to resume walking at the mall to see how it responds.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Kim - Glad you are checking in. How are you doing?

Sorry I didn’t chat this weekend. I just got home from Nashville where my friend’s father remains on life support. They are giving him until Friday to show any improvement and if not, life support will be removed.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today I ran over 200 urines during my shift...it was crazy busy and the clerks were short staffed so I wound up being both tech and clerk for my station. I spent a lot of the day running from the clerk station back to the urine station. It did make the day go by quickly so that's something LOL! I'm off tomorrow but I'm not sure what I'm going to do because it's supposed to rain.

Kimberly- Welcome back!

Cheryl- I'm sorry to hear about your dad's friend!

Cathe- Hopefully your knee will continue to not bother you and you can keep walking your mall!

Denise- That sounds like an interesting drive!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Hi Kim! Sorry I didn't specifically speak to you last time you checked in. Of course, you are welcome here.

Cheryl, things sounds pretty grim for your friend's dad. So sorry.

Ashley, sounds like you were really busy yesterday. Just the opposite of mine....we had a slow day at work yesterday.

Cathe, I hope the knee continues to improve. I'm sure you will be glad to get back to walking with your friend on a daily basis.

Have a great day ladies!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

well today take my dog to the vet to get her stiches out. i talk to my mom yesterday and her eye site still not better, she is getting board at home seen she use to be working a lot and be busy when she was working and now that she can't drive by her self and have to have my dad it just hard. my mom say they been look for dogs but haven't found one they like at the pound, we talk about me come out to see my sister and the baby i was think in may and my husband going to help his mom in vegas redo the bathrooms at her house.

Denise-yes i will post the baby layouts when they are done.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

I've been getting up so late. It's 8:10
It will be a killer to wake up at 6:00 next week to babysit.
Heck I don't know how I'll make it to leave the house at 8:15 to walk tomorrow. Today my walking friend babysits.

Cheryl- Oh I hope and pray your friend's father improves.

Ashley- your day yesterday sounded like it was very busy. It does make the day go by quickly to be busy. That was one thing about teaching, most days flew by.

Hi to all. bbl
Have a nice day

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Kimberly, don't think that. Every post doesn't always get responses, no slight intended. Come anytime you like - the more the merrier!

That's a lot of urine Ashley.

Cathe, yay on the knee.

Cheryl, sorry for your friend prayers for recovery.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to rockmom

hi everyone. I have just been coloring valentines images and hanging out. Nothing exciting.

Kimberley jump in and respond to others post. I have found that the best way to become involved in the group. Not every post gets a response. I am glad you got a new laptop. I cant stand to be without mine.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

JCI

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, how close to you is the high school where the shooting happened today? So tragic and sad!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Anna C

Hi! I was off from work today...I didn't do much though since we had pouring rain on and off all day. I spent most of the day organizing Girl Scout Cookie orders by troop LOL! We have to put the orders online by group...which means we wind up having so many extra boxes that we have to sell. Some kinds sell really quickly but others don't so that's a problem.

Anna- I like busy days so much better than slow days! It makes the day go by faster and I don't leave work tired...for some reason, slow days make me super tired.

Cathe- When I do 7:30-3:30 shifts, I have to be up at 6:15...I usually wind up coming home and crashing because, even though I'm good at being up early, my body doesn't like THAT early.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Anna - 30 miles from here. It is a school that our teams play against in sports. I have several co-workers that have children in that school and fortunately were not injured. It has been a hard day here. We had a school shooting in the late 90s here in Paducah and it is also bringing up past memories of those that were injured and died.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, I am so sorry your community is dealing with another shooting. I can't begin to imagine what the students and parents, administrators are dealing with. Such a senseless and selfish act by the shooter that has created a lifetime of pain and grief for so many. Your community is in my prayers. I remember the shooting in the 90's also.

Ashley, I agree! I would rather have a busy day than a slow day at work because, like you, I come home exhausted after a slow day. And I am energized after a busy day....I seem to accomplish so much more at home after a busy day.

We are having light snow this a m. and lots and lots of wind. 36 days until spring!!!!!

Edited by Anna C on 01-24-18 02:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

Cheryl, I am so sorry your community is dealing with another shooting.

Ann- i don't want snow i am want my spring here soon that way i can get stuff done like my garden.

Well it is windy here this morning. my dog doing good and took the stiches out and the vet say it looks good she can lick little bit but if she lick it a lot is put the cone back on her. i think she feel better that she doesn't have to wear it. well today is work out and walk the dogs. i am still work on the baby book. hope it turns out nice.

have a great Wednesday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

Cheryl- The parent, teachers and the community are in my hearts and prayers.

I'll bbl. I am going to try and walk an hour at the mall.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! Thanks for all the prayers for our community.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, such senseless tragedy to deal.with. the parents, kids, teachers and the whole community must be hurting.

Another day, hope it's a good one. Take care y'all.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to rockmom

Cheryl sorry to hear about your friends father. How is he doing?

Prayers for your community. So much sadness going on.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

Andrea - They will be taking him off life support on Friday.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Busy day. It always seems that way if I leave the house.
I walked the mall this morning. knee did pretty well. Once I had to ask Lynn to slow down. Then we went to HL because I needed photo corners and glue dots. We stopped in Home Goods and Target.(the are all in a row) Then went to Sam's to get my photos. They're ok, kind of dark. I came home and scrapped. I typed up some journaling and what I got the kids for Christmas. At first I couldn't find the list and was going by memory................well you know how well THAT was working out for me. LOL Then I walked into the scrap room and there it was on top of the Cricket

Anyone making anything good for supper the next few days?
I need to quit pinning recipes and try some of them.
Anyone have a good beef soup recipe?

Have a nice evening everyone.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Today I had training in an offsite lab. I know it's a big deal to be allowed to work in one of the offsite labs but I'm so not into this place. The lab is the size of a broom closet with no windows. You have to call to ask permission to use the bathroom or go to lunch and you only get, on a "busy day" like 20 specimens. (On a slow day, you get like 9.) I have to work their alone tomorrow so that makes me a little bit nervous since you only train there one day.

Anna- No snow here but we're suppose to have rain on Sunday. As long as the weather's ok for Friday night for our Girl Scouts 1920s Flapper Ball, I will be a happy camper.

Cheryl- I'm sorry to hear about the shooting and your father's friend...both are so sad!

Cathe- I was surprised my grandmother "let" my dad cooked three days in a row. Usually they fight and nothing gets cooked and we wind up ordering out.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

cathe- that nice that your knee did pretty well. i miss home goods we don't have it here in Idaho i usually go there when i am in California or Vegas i love that store.

well it really wind here today this morning. going to take my class at the gym today. i am work on more of baby album. i need to clean my kitchen. i wish i could find some more baby stuff scrapbook but most of the stuff not what i am looking for,

well hope everyone has a great thrusday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

We have to go to the NCR retiree breakfast today. It might end up with the two other couples we go to the Legion with.

I'll bbl.
Have a nice day.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

How about this beef ish soup. 1 can hominy rinsed, 1 can pinto beans rinsed, 1 can ranch style beans, 1 can rotel, chicken stock - 2 to 4 cups, pound ground beef browned, rinsed and drained, taco seasoning, 1 pound velveeta. Heat until cheese is melted. Good with cornbread or crusty bread. I have a good stew recipe from Pinterest i will send it to you at pinterest

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to rockmom

Good morning. It is snowing here and icky.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Good morning ---! I dropped in yesterday & while I got caught up I didn't post as it was supper time. Spent yesterday going to several Columbia outlet stores to find different sizes in a vest we are buying for the store. Took almost all day! The beach trip was awesome! Apparently there was an 8.5 earthquake in the Gulf of Alaska and that always causes tsunami warnings up & down OR and WA beaches. We didn't even know about it!!! Nothing happened thankfully.

Andrea: How are you doing?
Anna: Loved all your cards!!! Holy cow your mojo was on over drive--tehehe!
Ashley: I'm confused---do the leaders have to order cookies before the girls sell them? We used to sell them, turn in the orders and money, and then deliver the cookies about a week later.
Cathe: loved your LOs! You do such a fantastic job journaling than I should take a lesson! Enjoy your breakfast!!
Cheryl: I'm so terrifically sorry about your friend's father and the school shooting. So senseless and terrifying!
Danielle: what kind of baby scrapbook stuff are you searching for? Maybe one of us would have a suggestion or two. How exciting to have 2 babies coming!!!
Denise: your soup sounds yummy! I could eat some right now since its cold, rainy, and too cold in my house right now. Your trips to historical markers sound fun to me! But I also love museums and history. Some one told me a saying years ago: If you don't know the past, you won't understand today, and won't be prepared for the future. So true....
Katy: how are things in your home? Hope all is well and that you are still counting days til retirement. Go to the Soc Sec website and get their packet sent to you and at Amazon or any bookstore there's "Medicare & Soc Sec for Dummies"---that is a really good guide. Also talk to your HR dept if you have one. One mistake we made is that we signed up for Medicare and thought it took care of both it & SocSec but it doesn't. Be sure to sign up for both!
Kim: I don't know what to say to your comment The wonderful women on this group have always welcomed any one who wants to join or to pop in from time to time. I am sorry if you felt slighted that no comment was made to you but I don't know what you were expecting.

My hubby is cooking supper tonight of lobster chunks stuffed into these large shell pasta with a quarto-formaggio sauce (4 cheese sauce). can't wait....yummmmm!

Have a great day....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Cathe. I sent you 2 pins. Sorry if the one came through more than once-i was having issues. Lol

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Here is one I finished up today.
I really don't like how two pagers show up, but they will go next to each other. Plus people only have to comment on one. I worked from a sketch I found on P

Page 3 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics