Page 5 of 5 
Username Post: January New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1668581)
rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to scrappin 2

Cathe, I keep those paint chip cards, at least the ones I've used. I put them with the paint brushes, rollers, paint trays, etc.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Cathe, I loved all your Los. You should share them!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Cathe, you should have called me out! No clue where 30 came from either! So sorry! More great layouts too.

You've been busy too Denise....more great layouts for your Texas album. Cooper in a better mood now?

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Anna C

Hi! Today was quite the random day in the lab. I was supposed to be on urines (which would have meant a super easy day) but we had callouts so I was moved to manual differentials...where we found that the overnight shift left us work from 4AM! Thankfully, there were three of us there today so we were able to get everything done during our shift. Then, I came back from lunch and the lead tech asked me to go run ONE specimen at our 61st street offsite lab and come back to the hospital (it's about 7 blocks between the main hospital and the 61st street lab)! I'm at the 61st street lab tomorrow so I'm not sure why it couldn't wait until then or, until like 3:45, so I could run the specimen and clock out there since it's a two blocks over from the tram I take to get home.

Cathe- It's true....Girl Scout Troops only make $0.65 on each box of cookies. The rest goes to Council funded programs that my troop can't afford to take part in. The lab can't fire this woman because she has seniority.

Anna- My mom is feeling better or, I assume she is, because she was out shopping with my sister LOL! I so hope we don't get any snow. I know we're supposed to get all kinds of horribly cold weather this weekend though.

Andrea- We were going to skip selling cookies but the parents are keen on selling them so we had to do it. We can make a bit more from the sale if we didn't opted out of cookie prizes but the parents were against that. They didn't seem to understand the troop would make more if their kids didn't get prizes.

Terry- My sister is in charge of my grandmother's will since we're not speaking to our cousins. As my sister's not very nice, it's probably best she has the job LOL!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

ACU

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Anna- I hope you know I was just kidding about all of that!! Sometimes my attempt at humor doesn't come across on here.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 02-01-18 05:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!!

Ashley- that would have been nice if you could have coordinated running to the other lab and clocking out.
Do you walk the 7 blocks or take a cab?
I know 7 blocks in Chicago is a long way!

I plan on walking today and going to the grocery store.

Denise-I think I'll put those paint chips in with my brushes. Thanks for the tip.

Catch you all later. Have a good day!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Oh yes Cathe I know you were kidding! No offense taken! I hate that I posted such incorrect info!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

LOL Anna, it happens to all of us. No need to sweat it!

Ashley, 7 block walk and back? yikes. They should have gotten you a cab!

Cooper has a head cold and its clogging his ears. I've been massaging his neck and using the oils and giving him Zyrtec to try and open them. He kept saying, "Can ya say it a little louder?" IF it doesn't go a way his mom will take him in to the DR. We hate to do that because we are all so allergic to antibiotics and don't want to expose him to them if we can help it. On the other hand we don't want a burst ear drum or other complications. He only had a low temperature on one day. So I thinks its safe to not take him in yet.

Today is DDs early day at work. I need to go get Sadie up and give her a bottle soon.

Cheryl, Zoey is better?

Danielle, how are your arms feeling today?

Terry, hubby in a better mood?

Cathe, you are welcome. Hope you can remember where you put them! LOL If I've kept something in one place for a long time and then move it, it can be a challenge to remember where. LOL Guess that means I'm old?

Gray overcast day here. I really need to go get some Black Cow (composted manure) for the garden and finish preping it. I want to plant next month. Id like to do some colder weather planting this month too but we shall see.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning! So far I'm being a lazy body but I do need to get going. Grocery day!

Andrea: Such an adorable card!!! You do amazing work....
Anna: I'm almost thinking I need that jean pocket stamp & die! Those cards are so fun!! I love the one with the hearts coming out of the pocket. Did your snow storm hit?
Ashley: You are being very democratic letting the parents decide issues. What do you do with the pittance the girls get on cookies?
Cathe: Those Christmas LOs are so cute & festive.
Cheryl: how does Zoey feel? I really do like your new hair color! Are you naturally a brunette?
Danielle: Yep, now I'm sore from the gym! tehehehe...
Denise: I'm amazed that one week you were suffering freezing temps & snow and a week or so later you are planting a garden! Here's one for you: supper last night was egg casserole. In a Pyrex dish bake for 5 min reconstituted or frozen hash browns, add eggs blended with spices & herbs, drop in cooked sausage (bulk), ham, bacon, diced peppers, etc. Add a lot of grated cheese to top and bake until egg is set. YUMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeannie: ?????????????????

Hubby has settled down now that he has a plan. And our oldest is also flying out for this burial with the 2 grandkids too. That made him very happy. So at the moment life is quiet again!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Terry, I like that casserole too! It is yummy! Actually sounds great right now too. Think I will do pizza for lunch. I ended up making quesadillas for supper with the left over fajita meat. Its quick and easy too. Happy to hear your DH is happier!

Unless I find more photos I am about finsihed with the printed out Texas history photos. Think I will work on grandkids' albums next. We shall see...

Edited by rockmom on 02-01-18 10:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to rockmom

Cathe a lot of crafters use paint chips to punch out embellishments. I assume when you say paint chips you mean the little colored cards. I know there are you tube videos of people using them but mainly its just like punched out trees , hearts, stars ect in the fun colors.

Sorry to hear some of you still have sick grand babies this has been such a long winter of sickness.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

hello there

well my husband is sick i think he has the flu he cough a lot say his body hurts from cough a lot. so we went to the doctor and gave him some stuff and came me something if i start getting it. i am cough. so then i had to go to Walgreens to get the stuff for my husband. i didn't go to class my arms are still little sore.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to southern lady

I wonder if Jeannie remembers she is hosting Febuary???

Denise - Yes Zoey is much better

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

cathe- i got your stuff today thanks.
i am not feel great i wish this cough would go away.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to southern lady

Good afternoon.

I got my walk in at the mall.

Then I dropped off a Kurig coffee pot to my SIL's condo. She had sent here when she was babysitting in NC. she wasn't home so I was in and out.

Then I took back a little galvanized floor stand at HL. I found something I liked at Home Good better . It's to hold our pop and potatoes.

Finally went to the grocery store. I texted my son in law to see if they needed anything. I figured with sick kids they would have trouble getting to the store. He asked I pick him up some chicken quarters. So I did.
Silly me, I pulled out of the parking lot and got down the road a bit and realized I didn't go thru the drive-up to get my groceries!!!
Thank heavens I didn't get all the way to DD's house.
I know why I forgot. It was easier swinging my car out of the parking spot heading South. I needed to go North to get to the drive-up. So I just kept going. Plus I hardly ever drive up for my groceries, I usually take them to my car. Excuses, excuses.

I bet Jeannie forgot.

I tried scrapping this afternoon, but I think I need a break.

Have a nice evening.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Forgot to say:

Terry- Glad to hear that your oldest and a couple of grandkids will be at the funeral and your DH has settled down.

Danielle- I hate to tell you this,but my husband's cough went on for weeks. I hope yours doesn't.

Andrea- I think I used some paint chips to punch out some flowers a long time ago. Thanks for the reminder. Of course they aren't acid free so I don't know how they'd hold up over the years.

Denise- It will be fun seeing LOs of the grandkids. You have such darling kiddos.

Cheryl- glad to hear Zoey is feeling good once again.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

JCI grandkids are here

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Danielle, I am so sorry you and Hubby feel so bad. Wish I could help. Take care.

Cathe, LOL Id do that too! Forget to drive up.

Talked DD to take Cooper to Dr. He does have ear infection and fluid. Hope the antibiotic doesn't make him too uncomfortable. We are so allergic to them. Its hard... at least the buggies will get killed and he can hear better soon.

Night.

Edited by rockmom on 02-01-18 08:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Morning!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Morning!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

The new thread is up under February layouts. See you there!

Page 5 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics