Username Post: Diecut Machines        (Topic#1673553)
TanyaN77
Idol
TanyaN77

I need some advice on which die cutter is best to get. The pros and cons of each. What has more dies available, etc. I am just getting back into scrapbooking and really want something easy to use.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 01-21-18 12:00 PM
In response to TanyaN77

All dies fit all major die cutters except those made for the Big Shot Plus or Big Shot Pro, which are wider dies.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to don1

I don't know that there is much difference in cutting between machines..... they all work wonderfully well and like Don said the dies fit all machines unless they are wider than 6 inches.
Only difference is electronic or manual.......big price difference too!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Sewflake

If I were just getting into (or back into) scrapbooking/cards, I would get a silhouette. You can have basically unlimited fonts and sizes of images and the only thing to store is the machine and mats. I have the original red sizzix, a big shot, a sidekick and TONS of dies to go with them. They take up TONs of space and you're stuck with the size of the dies. For the same price as a die cutter and a handful of dies, you can get a cameo 3 and a few mats.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to Seaexplore

I first got a Cuttlebug (small die cut machine) and it works well. (cheaper too) Then I got a Big Shot for the bigger dies and just leave my Cuttlebug in my crop bag to use at Crops. I have a Cricut and a Scan N cut electronic machine. But I use them...never. The dies are easier to use and faster too.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to southgirl

I liked the scrapbook.com compatibility chart for finding out which dies works with what machine:
https://www.scrapbook.com/articles/die-cutting- machines...

Yoldi
Yoldi 
New Kid On the Block
Yoldi
  • Yoldi on 02-14-18 01:43 PM
In response to angel1dot0

Hello fellow scrapbookers, I desperately need your help!!! I just received my spellbinder platinum 6 and I was so excited to use my tools but when I tried my Tim Holtz's embossing folders sandwich it didn't work. I tried to put as indicated in operation instructions book: platform - double sided embossing folder with paper inside - standard cutting plate ; but nothing happened! then I tried with the embossing plate: nothing, the tan embossing mat: nothing. and I have 8 Tim holtz embossing folders :-( Is it compatible, is there a way to make it work ? Please help me!!!

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 02-14-18 06:48 PM
In response to Yoldi

Embossing Sandwich for Em-bossing Fold’ers™ - (Stack from bottom up)
1. Platform
2. Em-bossing Fold’er™ with paper inside
3a. Clear cutting plate (for single or double-sided Em-bossing Fold’ers™) OR
3b. 3D Embossing Plate (for 3D Em-bossing Fold’ers™)
4. Run through the Platinum™ machine

New Kid On the Block
In response to Seaexplore

Thank you! Very Helpful!

Solitaire
Expert
Solitaire
In response to jelayne

The Spellbinder embossing folders are a lot thicker than the other brands. I added a corrugated cardboard shim to the sandwich to make it work.

jamesandersonicb
New Kid On the Block
jamesandersonicb
In response to Solitaire

My favourite two of the Best Die Cut Machines
Cricut Cuttlebug Machine and Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die Cutting Machine.
You can check the work of these Die Cutting Machines on paper cigarette boxes the best die I used ever.
https://www.icustomboxes.com/cigarette-boxes/

Edited by jamesandersonicb on 02-19-19 10:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics