Page 1 of 9 
Username Post: ~ FEBRUARY ~ Anything Goes Challenge        (Topic#1673555)
GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

FEBRUARY is here and with it a new round of challenges guaranteed to spark the creativity flame in all of us.

I’ve been hosting the Anything Goes Challenge for the last couple of months, and I’m finding it a lot of fun. It’s keeping ME inspired at least. It’s also helping me get my enormous supply of excess scrapbooking products out my door and into the hands of those of you who can - and WILL - actually USE them. I can’t promise anything past FEBRUARY though, so we’ll see how it goes from here.

A word of caution - the points are fun, but some of us tend to get a little obsessive about them. If that kind of thing stresses you out, then you should probably skip the points and just play along for fun. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PLAY FOR POINTS! YOU ARE WELCOME TO PLAY ALONG AS A MOTIVATIONAL PLAYER. POINTS MATTER ONLY IF YOU WANT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE RAKs.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

POINTS ~ All of the AGC challenges have a points structure assigned to them. There are points for project elements and techniques, as well as points for due dates. There are points for daily challenges and photographs, for the weekly challenge, for the monthly challenge, and our newly added Project 52 challenge. There are points for making comments, sharing techniques and product information, and points for cleaning up your scrap desk when you’re finished. There are even sometimes points for just being a good neighbor in your community. There are often bonus points for participating in other challenges here at Scrapbook dot com. The points don’t vary - once a point structure is set, it will stay set for the duration of the challenge.

CHALLENGES ~ There are daily challenges, weekly challenges, a monthly challenge, and a project 52 challenge. We’ve done a serious revision of the photo portion of the challenge so that the photos prompts are posted on the first day of the month. It’s up to you how many you do, or even if you do any at all.

DAILY CHALLENGES I post a daily challenge every single day. If you do them and keep track of how many you complete, then you will be eligible for an RAK at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then random.org will decide who the daily challenge winner is.
Daily challenges may be completed on a layout, a card, or an altered project. In general, you can complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout, card, or altered project. But there are bonus points awarded for completing a daily challenge on the same day for which it is posted.

All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details. Set up a tracking thread or post and update your total points each time you post a project. You are responsible for keeping track of your points. We’re all adults here, this is supposed to be fun, and I just refuse micro-manage things.

Deadline for posting points for timed challenge bonuses is MIDNIGHT. If a project is due on February 28th, you have until midnight on February 28th to turn it in. After the day rolls over, the bonus points on the challenge expire, but you can still get the 25 daily points for completing it. You may consider ANY TIME ZONE YOU WISH as adequate for posting. We’re a global community, it’s for fun, and we’re not going to fret about time zone issues.

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after FEBRUARY 1st count towards your total points and layouts.

PRIZE INFORMATION

No money will change hands.

The RAKs will come from my scrap room, which I spent the last half of 2017 de-stashifying. This challenge really helped me get a tremendous amount of it gone, and I’m grateful to all of you who participated in this challenge in 2017. However, I still have way too much stuff. It's well organized, but I'm at a point in my life that I have to start being realistic. I have to either use up products or give them away. I don't want my kids to end up having to decide what to do with all the stuff that inspires me and feeds my need to create. So, my plan is to continue to send out monthly RAK’s to winners, but I think we’ll change the way that those are done and see if we can’t spread the wealth a bit…

The RAK boxes are going to be the small priority mail size ones. I like that I can pick up a bunch of those at the post office, stuff them at my leisure, and pay for them when I post them. The small ones are easy for me to store. They don’t take up much room.

You can only win in one category, and winners will alternate. If you won for the most points in January, you won’t be eligible for the “most points” category again until March, but you are still eligible to win in another category in February. Make sense?

POINTS PRIZE ~ Most points overall.

DAILY CHALLENGES PRIZE ~ Most daily challenges completed.

NEWBIE PRIZE ~ First time player, active in the challenge.

WEEKLY CHALLENGE PRIZE ~ Selected by random.org among all the layouts submitted for weekly challenges.

Note on embedding:
Hope this helps:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Share AnyWhere' on the 'share' tab beside the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Choose the button which selects the size you want to post your layout
5. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ DAILY CHALLENGES ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Each day a new challenge will be posted. These challenges are worth 25 points and can be done at your own pace. However, if you complete the daily challenge on it's posted date, you may add +10 bonus points to your total.

Daily challenges may be completed on a layout, a card, or an altered project. You may complete them at whatever rate works for you - either one each day, or stacking several of them onto the same layout, card, or altered project.

Daily Challenges will be posted - on a routine basis - before I go to bed each night for the next day. That means anywhere between 7 pm and 2 am, depending on what's going on in my real life. Sometimes, I'll goof and forget, but I promise to try to be faithful!

EARLY BIRD POINTS ~ Set up your February Signature and Points Information for 25 points!

~ You can take 25 points for every player you bring to this challenge - either as a points or motivational player - in February. All they have to do is mention your name when signing up and you can add the points!
~ If you played in January, do not delete your January signature points until I get those totals counted for January winners! I'll let you know when it's ok to delete them!

I'll do my best to keep the daily challenges list updated here, but as we all know, real life has a nasty way of getting in the way. But again, I promise to try!

~ Week 1 ~
Feb 1 ~ Use a car or a truck in some way on your project today.
Feb 2 ~ Use bubble gum pink on your project today.
Feb 3 ~ Create a foodie project today. Take an additional 25 points if you submit a layout to the Foodie Challenge.

~ Week 2 ~
Feb 4 ~ Take 25 points for doing what YOU love on this one day a year. And I hope your team wins!
Feb 5 ~ Use a Nutella brown colored product on your project today. Add 25 bonus points if it's gooey as well.
Feb 6 ~ Use feathers on your project today. Take 25 additional points if you use actual DUCK ones.
Feb 7 ~ Send a card to a friend. Add 25 bonus points if it is a card that you made yourself.
Feb 8 ~ Create a "boy" project today. Add 25 bonus points if you use the colors navy & beige (the boy scouts uniforms colors) as your primary color palette (75% or more)
Feb 9 ~ Use a circle that has been cut into 8 triangles (like a pizza) on your project today!
Feb 10 ~ Use an umbrella on your project today.

~ Week 3 ~
Feb 11 ~ ~ Make a point to visit a neighbor or relative who could use a little cheering up. Bonus 100 points if that person is mobility limited or shut in.
Feb 12 ~ A penny is 3/4" across ( I know because I measured one), so use at least five 3/4" brown circles on your project today. Take 5 extra points for each circle over 5 - up to 10 total circles. AND you can take 25 bonus points if they are all embossed with copper embossing powder.
Feb 13 ~ Use the traditional Mardi Gras colors of green, purple, and gold on your project today.
Feb 14 ~ se a BIG RED HEART on your project today. Bonus 25 points if you can fit an X and an O on it as well.
Feb 15 ~ Use an animal print on your project today. Bonus 25 points if it's a wild animal print.
Feb 16 ~ Try a new technique on your project today.
Feb 17 ~ Take 25 points and use today to catch up!

~ Week 4 ~
Feb 18 ~ Use a wine colored paper on your project today.
Feb 19 ~ Use a stamp on your project today. Bonus 25 points if it's a stamp OF a stamp.
Feb 20 ~ Create a birthday related project today.
Feb 21 ~ Use a COOL color scheme on your project today - no reds, oranges, or yellows.
Feb 22 ~ Use a light bulb or a thought bubble on your project today.
Feb 23 ~ Use the letters D. O. and G somewhere on your project's title today.
Feb 24 ~ Use today to finish your Weekly Challenge and collect 25 points.

~ Week 5 ~
Feb 25 ~ Use lots and lots of yellow (75%) on your project today.
Feb 26 ~ Use a recycled item (something that was used previously on something else) on your project today.

Feb 27 ~ Finish up any last minute projects and start the process of getting your work space straightened up and tidy so that you're ready for the coming month. Clear away anything that has been blocking your ability to be creative. Make some decisions about any of the leftovers from this month's kit - will you recycle them or do you need to put them away where they'll be available next time you need or want them? When your scrapping space is neat and tidy, sit down with a cup of something tasty and congratulate yourself on a job well done.

Feb 28 ~

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ DAILY PHOTO PROMPT CHALLENGE ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

DAILY PHOTOS ARE WORTH 25 POINTS (each) TOTAL. No additional points for linking or updating signatures is associated with these.

One of the things we scrapbookers love to do is archive our photographs. And because we love to archive our photographs, it naturally falls that we become pretty good photographers as a result. We see every photograph opportunity in "scrapbook layout" terms.

The daily photo prompt challenge is designed to create a photographic record of “FEBRUARY 2018" as seen through your eyes and your camera lens.

Take no more than ONE photograph a day from this list. You don't have to do them in order, you don’t have to do them all, and it doesn't matter where you start, but each photo you take needs to come from a different numbered inspiration.

Don't think about what you're going to do with them. Just take them. And remember - they're your record of a moment in time for this February, a moment that you spent with the people you love and live with, the places you went, and the events of your life which will never happen in quite the same way again.

Be creative, but be yourself. And as always...

HAVE FUN!

RULES AS FOLLOWS ~

1. This is a DAILY challenge so take no more than ONE photo from the prompt list each day.

2. Photos do not have to be taken in order. It does not matter where you start.

3. Each photo must have a unique numbered prompt. No duplications!

4. You do not have to upload the photo the same day you take it, but it must be uploaded within 24 hours.

5. No more than two (2) photos may be uploaded and linked in any single day. Photo bombs defeat the purpose of the daily concept!

6. The Daily Photo is worth a flat 25 points. No additional points may be claimed when you post it. The assumption is that your photo is new, loaded, and linked to your gallery. And the additional assumption is that your signature line is updated when you post the photo.

7. In general, the photo must be a photo of something NOT on your computer. The idea is to get yourself out into the world with your creative eye and your camera lens and see what you can find to inspire you this month.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ WEEKLY CHALLENGES ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS before the turning of the clock on 12:01am CST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

1. WEEKS WILL RUN SUNDAY TO SATURDAY.
2. WEEKLY CHALLENGES WILL BE WORTH 200 POINTS

WEEK 1: February 1 - 3
A SHORT WEEK Challenge
We’re in luck! We have a short week on the front end of this month, so you have three whole days to get your February counterfeit kit together. We’ll have three FULL week challenges, and one SHORT week challenge. Make sure that you include all the consumable papers and embellishment products that you think you might want to use. Now that we’ve done a few rounds of this, it should be getting a little easier to figure out what you need in your kit each month.
~ Get your kit together, post it by midnight Saturday, and take your 200 points!

WEEK 2: February 4 - 10
A CUPID MYTHOLOGY Challenge
Here's how we're going to apply it to our WEEKLY CHALLENGE.
1. Pick a topic for your project : Boy, Mother, Your Significant Other (the one you LOVE)
2. Use one of the four songs below to find some title inspiration, either in the title or in the lyrics.
3. Use at least three things from the following list on your project
~ Arrows (at least 2)
~ Bees
~ Stars
~ Wings
~ Hearts
~ Cupid Image
~ Gold and Lead colored metal items (brads are fine)
~ Roman or Greek Fonts
4. The word Love, Desire, or Irresistible must appear somewhere on your project.
SONG CHOICES
~ Cupid ~
~ Stupid Cupid ~
~ Cupid Shuffle ~
~ Cupid Shot You ~
**If you have a different "Cupid" song you'd like to use, I think we could work something out...
** Take an additional 50 points if you submit your project to the February MUSIC challenge...

WEEK 3: February 11 - 17
An Olympic Games Challenge
1 ~ Select a photograph or photographs taken during a winter month. It does not have to be this winter - any photo from any winter is fine. Kathy - you’re on an opposite hemisphere, but we’re still going to go with a winter photo, so for you this means - what - June, July, and August?
2 ~ Use either a clock, or a watch, or numbers of some kind on your project. If you choose to use numbers, they need to be a featured part of your project, not just a journaled date.
3 ~ Your project must include the following things from this list. You may add anything else you like but these things must be on your project.
~ Three to five patterned papers - no more, no less. Additional card stock as you need it.
Clarification ~ The idea is to see three to five PATTERNS. So two papers using the same pattern may be counted as ONE paper. But a front and back of a single paper would count as TWO papers since the patterns are different.
Clarification ~ Dry embossed card stock is still considered card stock.
~ A team of three to five matching embellishments.
Clarification ~ They don't have to be the same size, but they must match.
~ At least ONE ribbon.
~ Your title must be done in one of the six colors of the Olympic flag ~ white, blue, red, green, black, or yellow.
Clarification ~ Variation of shade and tint are permissible, but stay close to the family - no pinks or oranges or browns, for example.
4 ~ You must include a word from the list of Winter Olympic events somewhere on your project. For compound words like “snowboard,” you may break them into separate words and use either or both parts - snow / board. Here's a link to the list of Olympic Sports. Scroll down to see the winter ones!
https://www.olympic.org/sports.
Take an additional 50 points if your project qualifies for and you submit it to the SPORTS and GAMES challenge.

WEEK 4: February 18 - 24
A Texas Cowboy Poetry EITHER/OR Challenge
1 ~ TOPIC
EITHER ~ Choose an old photograph (10 years at least)
OR ~ Select a photograph of something old
2 ~ TECHNIQUE
EITHER ~ Choose a vintage OR heritage layout to LIFT using your own signature style.
~ to do this go to ~ Gallery ~ Categories tab ~ Styles tab ~ heritage or vintage selection
OR ~ Use a SKETCH and create a vintage style layout.
3 ~ TITLE
EITHER ~ A one word title
OR ~ A title with the word "one" in it.
4 ~ JOURNALING
EITHER ~ A poem generated with one of the sites listed below
OR ~ Lyrics from a country western song (must include at least one entire verse OR the entire refrain)
POETRY GENERATING SITES
Magnetic Poetry - Play Online
Read, Write, Think ~ Acrostic (Requires Flash)
Dada Poetry Generator
Language Is A Virus Poetry Genrator
5 ~ AND...
~ A word from this list of "old" synonyms must appear on your project somewhere!
Synonyms for "OLD"

WEEK 5: February 25 - 28
A Tic Tac Toe Challenge
TOPIC ~ Animal Related
STRUCTURE ~ Sketch Selection Instructions
~ Go to the Scrapbook dot com GALLERY
~ Select Sketches
~ Select Favorite
~ On the far right - change the pull down tab from “recent” to “all time.”
~ Choose a sketch from the first three pages
TECHNIQUE ~ Tic Tac Toe Board
~ Complete one line for 200 points
~ Complete a second line in a different direction for a bonus 100 points
~ Finish a black out and for an additional 100 points

~ Have fun ~

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ WEEKLY PROJECTS SUBMITTED FOR RANDOM RAK DRAWING ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Week 2
0. 1. 2. 3.
4. 5. 6. 7.

Week 3
0. 8. 9. 10.
11. 12. 13. 14.

Week 4
0. 15. 16. 17.
18. 19. 20.

Week 5
0. 21. 22.
23. 24. 25.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ INFORMATION ABOUT THE WEEKLY COUNTERFEIT CHALLENGE ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This is for anyone who is new and thinking about playing with us and wondering what we're talking about with these weekly kits. Just so you know, it's lots of fun, and we use up an incredible amount of our hoarded products!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

There are lots of scrapbooking kit clubs out there on the internet, They all have elements in common. They contain papers and embellishments and, depending on the level of the kit, additional flowers, diecuts, alphas, chipboard, and mixed media products. And they all come once a month.

At the Anything Goes Challenge, we create a counterfeit kit each month. A Counterfeit Kit is a kit that you create from your own stash, put in some sort of container all together, and then use to create projects. Your Counterfeit Kit can contain any elements you want to put in it - the sky is the limit - but the rule is simple.

** THE RULE ~ Once you create it, you're committed to using that kit, and ONLY that kit to create your WEEKLY challenge projects. In other words, when the WEEKLY CHALLENGE is posted, in order to get points for completing it, you may only use elements from your kit.

SO WHAT'S IN A KIT?

1 ~ Kit products are "consumable." Basically you can consider any product that is either used up or significantly different in appearance after you use it to be a consumable. If it's a product that you might expect to "use up" on a project or a product that using it affects the way it looks or works - that's a consumable. Paper. Buttons. Ribbon. Brads. Stickers. Rub-ons. Bling. Embellishments. Those are the kinds of things need to be included in your kit.

2 ~ If it's something that you can use over and over again without affecting the way it works, that's a tool. Dies. Stamps. Masks. If it's something that is designed to be used over and over and over again, then you don't have to include or count it.

3 ~ Then there is the grey area of things that are bulk product that, used often enough, will eventually run out. Our decision about those is that they can be considered tools because it is possible to replace or refill them with the same product. Ink. Adhesive. Mist. Paste. Markers.

4 ~ The three points above are not exhaustive. They're only there to give you an idea and a jumping off point. What you need to understand is that you are going to create YOUR kit and it needs to function for YOU. So just use your own best judgement and do your best to play to the heart of the challenge rather than split hairs over the tiniest details.

SO HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO PUT IN MY KIT?

Well, that depends on you. If you check the Weekly Challenge post in this forum, you'll see how many Weekly Challenges that you can expect to see. That's the number of layouts that you will want to get from your kit at a minimum. Most months, that number is four. So how much goes into your kit is a factor of how much product you think you need to create a layout that will make you happy and then calculate that four times.

To give you a general idea...I belonged to a fabulous kit club for a while, and based on that club, the kinds of things you might find in a typical basic kit would be:

BASIC KIT ~ - 12 papers, 6 card stocks, 1 alphabet package, 2 or 3 flower sets, 1 mixed medium product, 1 individual stamp or mask, 2 chipboard elements.
BASIC KIT EMBELLISHMENTS might include a package of brads, 1 or two sets of bling, a transparency, a package of preprinted embellishments, journaling cards, buttons, ribbon or fibers, metal charms, etc.

Every kit club offers a thing called "Add Ons" which is essentially more product to coordinate with their basic kit offering each month. If you want to do your own Add Ons to your kit, then go for it!

ADD ON KITS ~ if you want more, you can get more!
Paper ~ additional papers (matching or coordinating)
Card Stock - additional card stocks
Flowers - more flowers and more flowers and more flowers
Embellishments ~ additional packages of bling, stickers, flowers, chipboard, ephemera, ribbons & fibers, metal & jewelry bits, etc.
Mixed Media Add On - paint, mist, stencils, masks, watercolors, crayons, markers, paste, goop ...

Anyway - I think you get the general idea.

Remember that you are going to be creating your weekly projects from this kit, so you want to be generous and give yourself plenty to work with, but don't go overboard. This is supposed to be similar to one of the kit clubs monthly offerings, so it needs to be something that would resemble an actual kit club kit. You also want what's in there to coordinate so that you have lots of creative directions to go for each week. As you use the products in your kit up, you'll want those that remain to still "go together." So consider those things when you're selecting your kit papers and embellishments.

WHEN DO I NEED TO CREATE MY KIT?

We normally use the first short week of each month as a "Short Week Challenge." That means that your very first weekly challenge will be to put your kit together. You do not have to get it together before the month starts. We love chatting about our kits that first week - and as we get them posted, you can see what others are doing with their kits and that will help you get an additional idea about what you might want to do with yours.

Find a box of some sort - mine is a 9 x 13 x 6 inch Sterilite container. Label it as your ATG kit box, and collect all your kit elements into that box. Pretend that you're preparing to go to a crop, and you have to create four projects with only the product you bring with you in this box. You can use your die cut machine or any leftover scraps that you have, but you can't pull additional consumable elements from your stash to combine with this kit. What you pack yourself is what you get to use.

Post a full photographic array of your kit when you get it put together. You have until Saturday night, February 3!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ PROJECT 52 CHALLENGE~ * ~ * ~ * ~

THE PROJECT 52 CHALLENGE IS WORTH 100 POINTS FOR EACH WEEKLY LAYOUT SUBMITTED DURING THE CURRENT MONTH.

We started January with a monthly challenge designed to get our Project 52 albums off to a good start. I’m always encouraged at the beginning of a year when that first couple of layouts flow off my fingers, and I vow to continue the momentum. But somewhere toward the middle of May or early June, I hit a low spot and I have trouble getting and keeping myself motivated.

Maybe that’s a problem for you as well. After some thoughtful discussion, I decided we could afford to add element to this challenge by incorporating a little Project 52 sideline challenge to it. What could it hurt? We already have more moving parts to the AGC than it’s possible to get accomplished in a month, so what’s one more arm, or leg, or eyeball?

So here it is. The AGC’s Project 52 Challenge. Here’s how it’ll work.

The elements for your Project 52 must include ~
1. A photograph from a day in the week. More than one is ok, but one is required.
2. A layout featuring that photograph.
3. Journaling notes - either in your gallery or on the layout or hidden behind it - just so you’ve written something somewhere about the day that you've chosen to make one of your 52 days of 2018.

~ 1. The weeks for this challenge are fluid. I don’t intend to check your photo dates or your layout dates. If you take a photo on a Saturday and want to put it in the next week’s project - well, it’s totally your call. It’s YOUR project for YOUR year. I don't care how you want to set up your week - mine runs Sunday to Saturday - but whatever you do, plan to be consistent with it. To help us all stay motivated to keep caught up - the only Project 52 projects that you can point for full credit each month are for weeks that occur during this month. You are free to post Project 52 layouts for other weeks and take regular points for them, but you can't take Project 52 points. Hope that makes sense.
**NEW Update** Starting in MARCH, we're going to allow half-credit for P52 projects that are back dated, as long as they are from a previously undocumented week. So if you're behind, now there is a little incentive for getting caught up!

~ 2. The photo or photos on your layout have to have been taken during a unique week in February. Again - we’re not building a house here. Close enough to close enough is close enough. The main idea is to get into the ballpark for each week. You are free to use any photo and any topic you wish - as long as it is a 2018 photograph or photographs taken during ONE un-previously documented week of February of 2018.

~ 3. In each Weekly Challenge, I’ll be adding a twist - a little something to boost you creatively and give you some incentive to push your Weekly Challenge over into the Project 52 realm. Whether or not you choose to play that twist it totally up to you. There’s no bonus or additional points for doing so. I’m just hoping that it will inspire you and encourage you to keep up with your 2018 project.
**I've put a note in my template to add this twist so that I remember to do it. It'll be there starting in March!

~ 4. Don't get Project 52 confused with the Weekly Challenge. You are not required to post a Project 52 layout each week. I know that real life has a nasty way of getting IN the way, and we often scrapbook in fits and starts because that's the way our lives allow us to do it. You can take your Project 52 layout points anytime you get around to posting it during the month. HOWEVER, if you want to take weekly challenge points for it, it has to be done in accordance with the Weekly Challenge specs. Hope that makes sense.

~ 5. Because it's more fluid, you can post more than one Project 52 layout at a time, but try to limit the number in each post to two. It just helps the rest of us stay caught up with our loving sprinkles.

I’m excited to have you joining me on our continued journey together through the year that is 2018!

Now, let’s go have fun!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ MONTHLY CHALLENGE~ * ~ * ~ * ~

THE MONTHLY CHALLENGE IS WORTH 1000 POINTS FOR COMPLETION OF ALL ELEMENTS.

Oh gosh - where to start. Let’s begin with the fact that I have eight albums in various stages of completion, along with twenty-three sitting on my bookcases. NONE of them labeled in a way that makes it the remotest chance that, were I looking for a particular album, I would be able to find it without pulling down at least six or seven and hunting through the first three or four pages. And a couple of them - well, they’re just stuffed so full their spines are cracking. That’s not good.

I need some spine labels. I’m thinking pretty tags that hang over the top of the spines with enough information on them that I can find the album I’m looking for without it taking most of the afternoon. I need some additional albums so that I can reduce the stress on the ones that are overstuffed. I need to sort and organize a couple of them in a way that makes sense ...

How about you? Are you happy with your album organization? Anything about it you’d like to change? Are the projects arranged in a sensible order - or would you like to have an excuse to go through and fix things? Do you need to replace any of your old beat up and falling apart albums? Have you been trying to find an excuse? Do you need a point incentive?

Consider this it. February is all about our scrapbook albums and showing them we love them enough to take good care of them.

Before photos - with a description of the problem (whatever YOUR problem is) and what you plan to do to fix it.
After photos - showing how your plan worked at solving the problem.

~ Have Fun!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

POINTS LIST ~ REVISED JANUARY 21, 2018. POSTED FOR REVIEW AND COMMENTS.

~ LINK TO AGC SPREADSHEET ON GOOGLE DOCS ~

When you post your projects, post all the points details with them. We have an AGC spreadsheet, so if you want to work from a copy, just send me a PM with your email address and I'll get you set up!

** Projects that are little vignettes of art collected together and displayed as a single thing ~ pocket letters, project life pages, etc, - are pointed based on their final dimensions to determine the "size" points. Take these points ONE TIME only. Then you may point each of the smaller art projects as individuals, taking whatever points are relevant for each of them. Altered Items will be pointed based on the surface areas. A box has six surfaces. Each surface counts as a project. If you have a question about how to point an altered item, just ask. I’m a retired math teacher, so I can definitely help. **

Projects are pointed based on their size.
for 12x12 (144 and up square inches) = 10 points
for 8x8 (64 - 143 square inches) = 8 points
for 6x6 (36 - 63 square inches) = 6 points
for 4x4 (16 - 35 square inches) = 4 points
for Smaller than 16 square inches = 2 points

1 POINT ITEMS ~ One point for each of the following items that you include on your project.
for photo corners
for buttons
for staples
for small brads
for small single layer prepackaged flowers (little ½ inch type)
for small paper clips
for individual jewels (do not double count as stickers)
for individual pearls (do not double count as stickers)
for individual sequins
for letters and/or number used in title
for number of hand stitches
for individual small rub-on letters or images, stitiching, etc. (Do not double count the letters used in the title.)
for individual flat stickers (do not double count letters used in title)
for number of scraps used (from your leftover scraps supply, not from this project)

3 POINT ITEMS ~ One point for each of the following items that you include on your project.
for decorative brads (jewel top, epoxy, sequined, theme style, etc)
for decorative metal embellishments (small charms, large paper clips, metal tags, etc.)
for prepackaged flat die cuts (not created by you, do not double point as ephemera.)
for dimensional or layered stickers (chipboard, layered transparent, etc. Do not double count as letters in the title)
for flat punch work flowers (single layer, non-dimensional)
for preprinted ephemera type embellishments (computer printables, journaling cards, found relatives, etc.)

5 POINT ITEMS ~ Five points for each of the following items that you include on your project. (3 patterned papers = 15 points)
for card stocks used
for patterned papers used
for scripture
for recipe
for quote
for poem
for song lyrics
for types of ribbon or trim
for types of floss or thread
for types of jute, twine, or fiber
for intact rub-on shape or word (not individual letters or numbers)
for number of large featured metal embellishments
for number of fancy dimensional flowers (Prima, Petaloo, FloraDoodle, Reminiscence, Spare Parts, etc... )
for number of stamped images on your project (counted by the number of stampings, not the number of images on each stamp)
for colors of ink
for colors of mist
for colors of paint (includes gesso and modeling paste)
for colors of powder (mica, embossing, flocking, etc.)
for colors of crayon, gelatos, etc.
for colors of watercolor
for colors of stickles, glitter glue, nuvo drops, flower soft, etc.
for colors of speciality brushes or markers (Wink of Stella, Castell, Spectrum Noir, Copic, etc.)
for dimensional die-cut shapes (laser cuts, chipboard pieces, Dusty Attic, BoBunny, etc.)
for personally created die-cuts (Cricut, Sillhouette, Big Shot, etc. Count each cut as one thing, so a two layered word = 10)
for bling shapes (shaped jewel or word)
for colors of washi tape
for doilies used (do not double count as diecuts - use them here or there, not both places)
for swap items sent to you that you include on your project ("Ugly Papers" can be counted as swap items.)
for number of SB.com challenges (with specs) your project is created for (non specific challenges excluded - volume, hoarders, budget, vlb)

10 POINT ITEMS ~ 10 points for each of the following items you include on your project.
for number of transparencies, acrylic shapes, overlays, or other clear items used on your project
for number of masks used
for number of speciality papers used (velum, glittered, foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, velvet, burlap, canvas, cardboard, embossed, waxed , or vinyl)
for number of handmade flowers (made by YOU!)
for types of distressing (inking, sanding, wetting, crumpling, tearing, etc.)
for number of non-traditional scrapbook items (any item that you wouldn't find in the scrapbook or art crafting department)
for number of HAND cut elements (ones that YOU cut out with SCISSORS)
for number of interactive elements (waterfalls, flips, created hidden pockets spinners, shakers, etc.)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~ only take 5 points once for each technique you use, no matter how many times you use it
for using glossy accents or crackle accents or other epoxy/enamel accents
for using paint, mist, stickles, or glitter
for using distress crayons, watercolor pencils, or copic markers (etc.)
for using alcohol inks
for having a one word title
for having more than one font in title
for using a punch
for using decorative cutter blades or scissors
for doodling on your project
for using speciality paper (glittered, foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, velvet, burlap, cardboard, vinyl, etc.)
for using feathers
for using wood elements
for using a computer generated or preprinted journaling block or journaling strips
for using metal anywhere on your project
for creating a LO for a challenge on another blog/website ~ (you must tell what challenge it is for and you must post the website link to the challenge!)
for using one of the following themes : ROMANCE, PET, BOOKS

10 POINT TECHNIQUES~ only take 10 points once for each technique, no matter how many times you use it.
for using chipboard, grungeboard, cardboard, etc. (does NOT include title letters)
for using modeling paste, glitter paste, glass bead gel, or other multi-media goop type product
for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread
for using embossing (wet or dry)
for using crayons, watercolor pencils, glitter brushes or copic type markers (not for journaling)
for machine sewing
for quilling (done by you)
for fussy cutting
for piecework assembly (putting together any embellishment made of multiple paper layers)
for including memorabilia besides pictures
for using items from your stash that are OVER 1 year old
for using a HANDWRITTEN journaling block or strips
for creating your own die-cut elements (Cricut, Big Shot, Silhouette, etc...)
for using a color palette from a site such as The Color Room, Design Seeds, or CSI (link to site and color image required to take points)
for scraplifting a member of sb.com (link to the lift required for points)
for using a sketch (link the sketch page required for points)

20 POINT TECHNIQUES ~ only take 20 points once for each technique, no matter how many times you used it.
for REPURPOSING or RECYCLING products or packaging to use on your project
for masking or stitching your title
for beaded stitching
for creating an interactive embellishment (shaker box, spinner element, pop-up, waterfall, etc.)
for creating a project (larger than a card) made entirely of scraps

50 POINT TECHNIQUES ~ only take 50 points once for each technique, no matter how many times you used it.
for creating a mini-album from scratch (including the binding work)
for creating an altered or home décor item

PICTURE ITEM POINTS
(5 POINTS)
for number of photos (4 pics = 20 pts.)
for number of unique persons or animals in all photos combined (4 photos of the same person = 5 points)
for number of photos over 5 years old
for number of photos less than one month old

(10 POINTS)
for number of photos that YOU are in
for number of photos with NO people or animals in it
for number of photos larger than 4x6
for number of photos smaller than 3x3
for number of photos taken in the past 24 hours

PICTURE TECHNIQUE POINTS
(5 POINTS)
for rounding (or punching) the corners of your picture
for inking the edges of your photo

(10 POINTS)
for single page LO with 3+ photos
for double page LO with 7+ photos
for WRITING ON or having an EMBELLISHMENT ON or OVERLAPPING the picture

(15 POINTS)
for using a photo effect (comic, B&W, draw, etc.)
for distressing the edges of your PHOTO (with something besides ink)

JOURNALING POINTS
(2 POINTS)
for each word of handwritten journaling up to 100

(25 POINTS)
for every 50 handwritten words over 100
for 25 points for computer generating your journaling
for 25 points for journaling in your gallery description

ADDITIONAL POINTS
(2 POINTS)
for each comment you post in a gallery here on SB.com. (They're hosting this forum, so we'll contain our points to this site).
for each post in the Anything Goes Form since your last project post. (Do not include project posts!)

(5 POINTS)
for including technique information in your gallery post with your project
for including product information (by linking or by name) in your gallery with your project
for cleaning up your mess and putting your supplies away after completing the posted project
for updating your siggy-points & layouts info immediately after posting your project

(10 points)
for welcoming a newbie to SB.com
for creating and exchanging a swap item. Swap group link required to take points. Yes, you can include “ugly games” projects!

(20 POINTS)
for for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! No more than ONCE a week. Before and After photos are required to take these points.
for trying a new-to-you technique. Explanation of technique required to take points.

ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGES POINTS
(25 POINTS)
for each daily challenge completed before the end of the month
for each daily photo prompt completed

(10 POINTS)
for completing a daily challenge within 24 hours of its forum posting

(100 POINTS)
for for each Project 52 layout submitted according to AGC specs

(200 POINTS)
for for each AGC Weekly Challenge submitted according to AGC specs

(1000 POINTS)
for for completing the Monthly Challenge according to AGC specs

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Doors are OPEN

I LOVE POINTS!
Sharon
Julie
Teresa
Lyn
Linda

MOTIVATIONAL INSPIRES ME!
Pat
Doreena
Suzi
Amanda
Corky

I HAVEN'T DECIDED YET!
Ppilgrim

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim

OK, I'm doin' this in February -- just as soon as I get all my Valentines made, I'm officially IN.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to under5feet

Cry me a river :-) It's -25 C here today and there's another blizzard has us in its cross-hairs.

Did any of your planters or gardens get damaged?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to ppilgrim

GADS!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I will be here of course but still have to decide if points or motivational!!
I will decide before February!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Sewflake

I'm going to give this a try this month! I think probably just motivational to start with to see how it goes!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Scrapanda

I'm going for points this month......

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Welcome Amanda, you will find great inspiration here!!! As well as great people!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Sewflake

Thanks Sharon! Looking forward to it!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Scrapanda

AMANDA! Welcome to the FUN! You'll find plenty of inspiration and fun here!

So happy you're joining us!

Two newbies this month. That's really exciting!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I have been mulling over my counterfeit kit for Feb and so far can not decide what direction I want to go!! Nov and Dec were easy!!
I don't do Valentines so that theme is pretty much out for me at least in the traditional colors.
I headed towards a boy kit with the capability of love and hearts and kisses thrown in because it is Valentines month and you just never know what our hostess will throw at us!!!

I still have plenty of time to think about it......but time has a habit of getting away from me.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

Well, for what it's worth - and I agree about that hostess because I don't know WHERE she comes up with some of her weirdness - I'm going in an all new direction for February. I pretty much used up all my paper products from my last kit, which considering that I'd used it for three months is a good thing because I was getting pretty tired of it.

I've pulled together some Pink Paislee with some BoBunny, and then added a bit of Fabscraps, Fancy Pants, and Paper Loft. The color tones so far are all in the soft pinks, yellows, and greens.

I intend to do a LOT of die cutting and flower making this month, so I'm planning on going through my scraps and seeing what I might be able to use for some pretty hand made flowers or flourishy embellishments. I always put in raw chipboard, and my traditional black and kraft colored cardstock will be there as well.

I also put together a whole set of scrap papers, just because I always play in the Leftovers challenge, and I want to have stuff in my kit to do that with ... But they're all along the same theme, so if I end up using them for something else, that'll work too. I have a little bag of girlie stuff that might make up into a cute tag.

I've tossed in some butterfly and bird embellishments that I really want to use up. I've got a set of butterflies that I got as a swap, a chipboard tag and word sheet, and some pink string beads. I tossed in a couple of rub-on swatch books and some Creative Imaginations ATC cards. Got an old half used package of pretty chipboard words in there, but I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to put a set of alphas in because I THINK I might have plenty to work with without them.

What else ...

OH - I've got a bunch of little sandwich bag of assorted embellishments that I got at that estate sale I worked way back in ... October? I haven't even really gone through them, but based on what that lady did, I'm pretty sure that there will be gobs of stuff that I can use. I may take them to work with me this afternoon just to SEE what might be usable with THIS kit.

Then, before Saturday, I'm going to try to put my kit together a little better in terms of "this stuff for a page, that stuff for a page," and try to prepackage the embellishments together as sets in some ziplock bags. I think that might help me feel a little better organized when I go to start digging through it all, although DIGGING is half the fun, right?

I've decided to title my kit, "In Flight" since February is the month of fluttering hearts and Cupid's flying arrows.

Now, assuming our crazy hostess doesn't go off the deep end and decide to do something like "let's set sail on a sea of love," I should be all set come Saturday. But you're right -- I never know what she's going to come up with, and I'm PRETTY sure she never even knows herself until it happens!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

Oh we can sign up now!
Me please!

Motivational!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
I have been mulling over my counterfeit kit for Feb and so far can not decide what direction I want to go!! Nov and Dec were easy!!
I don't do Valentines so that theme is pretty much out for me at least in the traditional colors.
I headed towards a boy kit with the capability of love and hearts and kisses thrown in because it is Valentines month and you just never know what our hostess will throw at us!!!

I still have plenty of time to think about it......but time has a habit of getting away from me.

IDK yet what I'm going to do since I also plan on participating in the Counterfeit Challenge Blog w/ my kit and our kits have to be inspired by their sample, but I DO know I will be adding animal items of some sort because I scrap so many animal photos and I realized when I went to use my kit this month I had no animal embellishments and animal layouts w/out animal embellishments is a no-no (for the most part) for me!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Doreena

So just so I am clear our kit can be any theme we choose or not even have a theme per say?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Scrapanda

That is correct Amanda.
I am going with a boy theme with papers from Echo Park
Once Upon a Time ; Prince

With that said, sometimes it is a real challenge to do a girly page for instance with Prince papers!! You just never know what the criteria is going to be for the weekly change!!

I have not gotten the whole CK put together yet so will show pictures soon.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

IDK yet what I'm going to do since I also plan on participating in the Counterfeit Challenge Blog w/ my kit and our kits have to be inspired by their sample, but I DO know I will be adding animal items of some sort because I scrap so many animal photos and I realized when I went to use my kit this month I had no animal embellishments and animal layouts w/out animal embellishments is a no-no (for the most part) for me!

It does help that they give you a sample photo array so you have a place to kind of start with the putting together process. I really liked the way you posted your thinking process because I found THAT helpful!

And having done it once, you kind of get a feel for what you really use and what you just "think" you use. I always put ribbon in mine, but at the end of the month, most of that ribbon is still left in the kit. So I can really skip the ribbon aisles when I got hunting for crafting supplies from now on.

I think, however, that I would like to have more decorative brads - the pretty epoxy ones and the ones that you use in floral centers. I gravitated to those every month so far.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
So just so I am clear our kit can be any theme we choose or not even have a theme per say?

Yep. Theme it however you want, even if that theme is NO theme. Put it together in whatever way works for you. You know what stuff you want to use up!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

I took my kit box with me to the library today because the library that I work at on Tuesdays is notorious for down time. I was able to go through my kit in a thoughtful way and get some stuff pre-planned.

I decided against several things that I'd packed, decided on an absolute yes for some things I wasn't sure about, and I have a really clear list of the kinds of things that I want to go back and find some of -

Roses. I need some roses. And if I don't HAVE any, I'm going to need to find some patterned paper to make some handmade ones with. And leaves. I gotta have me some leaves ... I want some beaded ribbon (I think) and if I don't have that, I'm thinking that I might be able to make some from scratch. I definitely need a stick pin, and I know I probably need some felt or burlap.

Oh man. I'm getting really excited about this kit.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok. I've officially opened the signups, so just let me know for sure before February 1 if you're going to be playing for points or motivation.

I'll get you on the right list and then we'll go have some FUN.

Welcome ONE and ALL!

julie101
Diva
julie101

i am in thank you hope to have a better month, especially now holidays are over and school is back in

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to julie101

I am in for points of course ...
I need to scrap Christmas pictures so I will probably bring back my kit with Christmas stuff and add to it but haven't really decided yet ..

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

I am in again. and still going to start with points. They really do inspire me to dig deeper into my stash.

signature set up +25

Edited by justLyn on 01-31-18 12:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to justLyn

I read post #2 and today's post for my points.
Have my signature ready.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to Sewflake

So Pat am I seeing in your signature that you are a motivational player but you keep track of your points?

Sassy Suzi
Mayor
Sassy Suzi

I'm going for just motivation this month as I won't have much time before surgery and not doing anything afterwards, except maybe some digital.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:

Yes, exactly!
And...welcome to the Dark Side!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:
So Pat am I seeing in your signature that you are a motivational player but you keep track of your points?

Yes. I keep track of them for motivational reasons. I like to see them accumulate!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

I'm here! Of course I am points for purely motivational reasons to get better pages!
Pat you will be pleased, this month my kit has no blues or greens! Hmmmmmm suppose that means you will challenge me and add that as a criteria!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to kathylovestoscrap

• kathylovestoscrap Said:
I'm here! Of course I am points for purely motivational reasons to get better pages!
Pat you will be pleased, this month my kit has no blues or greens! Hmmmmmm suppose that means you will challenge me and add that as a criteria!

You know that if I specify a particular color palette, I'mma gonna let you go get it. But it will be fun to see what you do without your comfort palette, K.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Ok excited to start putting my kit together! I may give the counterfeit kit challenge blog that Doreen did last month a try to so will wait to see what their inspiration is tomorrow before I fully decide on what I want in mine. And I think for sure will do just motivational this month until I get the hang of things. Although...I am points obsessed (ask DH how many points cards I have for stores LOL!) so next month I may switch to that.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Scrapanda

Got you fixed up as motivational, Amanda.

We nurture our newbies for the first month or two, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. If I'm not here, someone can answer them for you.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Awesome thanks!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to Scrapanda

Siggy done - points started. Now to find some time to scrap. First week back at school - ridiculously busy! Come home and last place I head is the scrap desk!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Here's a link to the spreadsheet in Google Docs. It's a "view only" to prevent accidental editing. You will need to copy and paste the cells into your own spreadsheet program in order to be able to edit it.

~ LINK TO AGC SPREADSHEET on GOOGLE DRIVE ~

If you prefer to have your own personal copy without all that fuss, just send me a PM with your email address and I'll get you a copy of the MS Excel sheet of your very own.

Let me know which, if either, you prefer. And welcome to the fun!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ DAILY CHALLENGE ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

FEBRUARY 1

It's NATIONAL CAR INSURANCE DAY!

Stop groaning! Car Insurance Day is a real day of celebration I assure you! Car insurance has been around almost as long as cars themselves. You would think that if there was a day set aside for it that you would have heard more about it. Think about it, does that sound like the insurance industry to you? I know that this isn’t your average celebration, but you can make it more fun than you think. You’re laughing! Stop it! There are many good things you can learn by being open to establishing a relationship with your car insurance agent. Use this holiday as an excuse to make the first step and wish your agent Happy Car Insurance Day!

~ Use a car or truck in some way on your project today.

~ Have fun~

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to julie101

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ WEEKLY CHALLENGE ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS before the turning of the clock on 12:01am CST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

1. WEEKS WILL RUN SUNDAY TO SATURDAY.
2. WEEKLY CHALLENGES WILL BE WORTH 200 POINTS

WEEK 1: February 1 - 3
A SHORT WEEK Challenge

We’re in luck! We have a short week on the front end of this month, so you have three whole days to get your February counterfeit kit together. We’ll have three FULL week challenges, and one SHORT week challenge.

Make sure that you include all the consumable papers and embellishment products that you think you might want to use. Now that we’ve done a few rounds of this, it should be getting a little easier to figure out what you need in your kit each month.

If you're new to the AGC and you're wondering about what this kit business is, take a look at the post on the front page of this forum regarding kits. If you don't find the answers there, pipe up and we'll see if we can't get some of the confusion sorted.

Get your kit together, post it by midnight Saturday, and take your 200 points for this week's challenge!

~ Have fun~

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Thanks for the link Pat.

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

My first layout
Sisters By Kathylovestoscrap
7 letters - 7
buttons - 4
patterned papers - 30
card - 10
ink - 5
nuvo drops - 5
Gallery inspiration challenge - 5
ink distressing - 10
hand cut banners - 120
one word title - 5
doodling - 5
using handwritten journaling - 10
scraplifting sb.com member - https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 3751031.... 10
photos - 5
people - 15
larger than 4 x 6 = 10
less than one month old - 5
writing on / embellishment over - 10
handwritten words - 19
product link - 5
Total - 310

Overall - 320

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

Good Morning and Happy February!

Kathy, You are fast!
But then you had a head-start because February came to you faster than to us; cuz you live in the future!

I started my Week 4 layout for January last night, not that it really matters here, but...
I was derailed by the fact that I planned and printed my photos out w/ a certain pocket page in mind, come to find out I had no more of those particular pocket pages; guess the multi-pack only came w/ 3 of them (WTHeck?!) so I have to re-think my layout ::le sigh::
Anyway, I will not let that deter me!
Looking forward to another productive month of scrapping!

Oh and the February Edition of Counterfeit Challenge Blog is live so I started picking out some papers for my counterfeit kit; stay tuned!

Edited by Doreena on 02-01-18 07:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Doreena

Back from the doctor visit and lab work - then lunch.
That reminds me (after reading Doreena post) I need to finish my kit and take pictures.
I already took pictures of my albums for the monthly.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Have to make my school run then post pictures.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Whole February counterfeit kit
Counterfeit Kit By Sewflake

pages being done
Prince pages By Sewflake

solids
CF solids By Sewflake

add ons
CF accessories By Sewflake

stickers and such
CF sticker & add ons By Sewflake

200 for week #1

4 for thread posts not including this project post
5 update sig
listed in sig with *

209 for this
total 244 - if I added correctly, I will have to change when I update my sig if I figured it wrong!!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Sewflake

Sharon -
Nice! Are you going to be doing some more Universal Layouts!

Edited by Doreena on 02-01-18 12:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Good Morning and Happy February!

Kathy, You are fast!
But then you had a head-start because February came to you faster than to us; cuz you live in the future!

I started my Week 4 layout for January last night, not that it really matters here, but...
I was derailed by the fact that I planned and printed my photos out w/ a certain pocket page in mind, come to find out I had no more of those particular pocket pages; guess the multi-pack only came w/ 3 of them (WTHeck?!) so I have to re-think my layout ::le sigh::
Anyway, I will not let that deter me!
Looking forward to another productive month of scrapping!

Oh and the February Edition of Counterfeit Challenge Blog is live so I started picking out some papers for my counterfeit kit; stay tuned!

I just went to the Studio Calico website, where I have a subscription to their Documenter Kit (their version of a Project Life kit) and found the page protectors I need! And since I'm a kit subscriber I can add them into my order w/ no extra S&H charge!
So now I'm trying to decide if I wait for them and go w/ my original layout plan, or continue w/ plan B?
Decisions, decisions!

Edited by Doreena on 02-01-18 01:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Before Monthly photos of albums that need attention.

Albums in the closet in my craft room
album shelf By Sewflake

albums in the great room shelf
albums By Sewflake
Did you notice the last three holiday decor that is still on the shelf?? Funny how something you just don't "see" when looking at a room.

My box of layouts that need to be put in albums.
box of layouts By Sewflake

What a great monthly challenge. I have been wanting to do “something” better with all my albums. I wish I could buy all new albums so they match for each grand child but that is just not possible. By the time I have the ones filled that I purchased the company/store has quit carrying them! Or I can’t get them in the same color. Now I have recently (last year or so) changed most of the albums to 3 ring binder types and not all of them are conducive to writing on the spine.
For now I have them pretty much in order, my grandchildren’s books are all color coordinated for each child, but without being able to read anything on the outside I have no clue what is on the inside!!
Then there are the books with narrow spines!!! I have no clue what is in each one.

1. I need to find a method of putting enough information on the spine that is easily readable.
2. I have a 12x12 box full of pages that need to be put in albums!
3. See if I can find more space to store them. THAT IS GOING TO BE THE TOUGH ONE!

Solution

1. Write on the spines that can be written on, add inserts to the spine that has a metal bracket for them. I like the tag hanging from the spine idea Pat had and will see what I can come up with that will not get unmanageable (in the way) when moving albums about.
2. This will be the easiest, compared to the other two. Pull out all my albums that correspond to the layout and insert all the pages!!
3. ?? Figure out how to manage this!! Move maybe!!

No points taken yet as it will be done at the end of the process.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

No, as a matter of fact I am not doing Universal pictures.
I have pictures of my youngest grand son when he was little that need serious attention. Going to go with my little "prince" toddler photos.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to Sewflake

I would like to be a motivational player! Went to put camera charger away and realized I had not put the battery in the camera! Duh

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

Ok. Here we go ...

Papers ~

Card Stock and Scraps ~

Feathers & Flowers ~ no way will I use them all, but a girl needs OPTIONS!

Ribbon, Fibers, Bling, Thread, Metal Pieces ~

Ephemera ~

Words, Letters, Stickers & Rub-ons ~

Resin & Chipboard ~ There is a set of angel wings that didn't end up in the photograph for some reason. I'll point them out if I end up using them!

Mixed Media ~ There's also some crackle paint and a huge bottle of glass bead gel that doesn't fit in the kit. It'll be years before I use it all up, and it'll probably be all dried out before I do!

Mini-Project ~ I plan to make a tag for my older daughter since it's her birthday this month!

Inspiration ~

Weekly Challenge #1 ~ completed
200 points (motivational)

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Something I did this time, just because I had time to do it and I wanted to streamline things when I get a chance to sit down ...

I separated my kit into individual projects and put each project into it's own mini-kit bag. I'm hoping it'll save me time down the line and that I'll be able to be more creative because the pre-plan work is already done with color palettes and basic sketch plans ...

I'll let you know how it works - or doesn't.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

An album organization challenge... awesome!

My albums are stacked way, way up where you need a step stool to get to them, and even then I'm on my tippy toes!

My son moved out in September... perhaps his vacant room can become my "Album Room'!
I would be able to reach them much better that way and keep them more organized!
He just better not come back!

Edited by Doreena on 02-01-18 01:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

I just went to the Studio Calico website, where I have a subscription to their Documenter Kit (their version of a Project Life kit) and found the page protectors I need! And since I'm a kit subscriber I can add them into my order w/ no extra S&H charge!
So now I'm trying to decide if I wait for them and go w/ my original layout plan, or continue w/ plan B?
Decisions, decisions!

It never hurts anything to WAIT, but we gitter-dun kinda girls hate wait. But if you have a plan B that doesn't involve using them ...

Yeah, it's a difficult decision. Do you wait to do what you really WANT to do, or do you go ahead and get it done because you want it done now.... Either way, you end up waiting for them ...

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Decisions, decisions!

It never hurts anything to WAIT, but we gitter-dun kinda girls hate wait. But if you have a plan B that doesn't involve using them ...

Yeah, it's a difficult decision. Do you wait to do what you really WANT to do, or do you go ahead and get it done because you want it done now.... Either way, you end up waiting for them ...

That's why I'm torn... I want to get 'er done...(while I still have the groove going on)
But really liked my original plan better (but only slightly so now that I have come up w/ an alternative)...

I guess we'll see if I have time to get 'er done before I leave for Vegas? If not... I'll wait.

So my decision is to let life guide my decision... that's a plan, right?!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Something I did this time, just because I had time to do it and I wanted to streamline things when I get a chance to sit down ...

I separated my kit into individual projects and put each project into it's own mini-kit bag. I'm hoping it'll save me time down the line and that I'll be able to be more creative because the pre-plan work is already done with color palettes and basic sketch plans ...

I'll let you know how it works - or doesn't.

That is exactly what I did with the kit I made up.....I have pictures in all of the separate bags and sketches in some of them, the pp is in with the pictures and sketches what is lacking is the ephemera, but that I will add as I go from my kit.
I think next I am going to write out all the journaling for the pages and figure out a title so that will be easy enough to cut and add as I work along.
I have been doing a little hand written journaling... it is really faster than doing computer printed journaling I just don't like the my hand writing font !!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

So my decision is to let life guide my decision... that's a plan, right?!

Yep, that's a plan. And near as I can tell, it's a good one!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Life is going to guide my plan as I wait till Sunday to find out what the first weekly page/project challenge is going to be!!! I have several things around the house that need to get done, then there are the albums I can pull out and work on, or hang tags to make.......need my house work out of the way first!!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:

That is exactly what I did with the kit I made up.....I have pictures in all of the separate bags and sketches in some of them, the pp is in with the pictures and sketches what is lacking is the ephemera, but that I will add as I go from my kit.
I think next I am going to write out all the journaling for the pages and figure out a title so that will be easy enough to cut and add as I work along.
I have been doing a little hand written journaling... it is really faster than doing computer printed journaling I just don't like the my hand writing font !!

Wow - you are SUPER organized. I never plan around a photo. I just figure out photos as I go along. Sometimes I hunt, sometimes it's right at my fingertips! And journaling -- pppbbbbtttt. I never know what to journal on a project until I'm writing in my gallery. I guess it's because I feel like I have an audience to talk to about it. But once that's done, I copy it and put THAT on the back side of my layout.

Sometimes I put some handwriting notes on the layout front, but mostly I never do. I'm much too verbose!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

You have great plans for your kit Pat, I am feeling a little skimpy on what I picked!!! I will have to add a lot of die cuts (non consumables) and cut files to supplement!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Sewflake Said:

Wow - you are SUPER organized. I never plan around a photo. I just figure out photos as I go along. Sometimes I hunt, sometimes it's right at my fingertips! And journaling -- pppbbbbtttt. I never know what to journal on a project until I'm writing in my gallery. I guess it's because I feel like I have an audience to talk to about it. But once that's done, I copy it and put THAT on the back side of my layout.

Sometimes I put some handwriting notes on the layout front, but mostly I never do. I'm much too verbose!

That is what I HAVE to do ahead of time other wise I am spending so much time just sitting and thinking that nothing gets done.
Some of these kits I will be taking to a crop with only two weekly ones that can work on at the crop (Friday/Saturday then Sunday). I hope to be ready to roll!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok.

For the monthly challenge ~

Album Issues #1

Album Issues #2

Album Issues #3

1. There are no labels on any of these albums anywhere. It's impossible to know what's in them.
2. The narrow spine albums are all overstuffed and the spines are completely cracked. It's impossible to hold them without them falling apart. They need to be replaced.
3. There's enough ROOM for them, but they need to be in fewer places or all together. I'm not sure that I need them in the entry way of the house. Maybe one or two, but not all of them!

*Fix #1 ~ Labels. But to label, I need to sort and organize. Which means pulling stuff out and separating it by theme or topic or year or something.

*Fix #2 ~ Most of the ones on the top shelf in my craft room are empty. I need to pull the layouts from the narrow spine ones and put them into the 3-ring ones. Once I run out of those, I need to troll HL and Michaels and shop when those go on half-price. Put some money in the budget for this.

*Fix #3 ~ I think if I move the Albums to the "behind the door" shelf, I can reorganize my space a little bit to be more functional and useful. That should be a quick fix, I'd think! And it would definitely free up some shelf space in the living area.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

GENIUS IDEA ~ which just now came to me, I swear it.

Decide on the topics FIRST, create the labels, and THEN sort the projects into those topics rather than sort the topics and then figure out what to label everything.

Now that I've got a plan, I think I can get started on making the plan fit my problem!

I'm going to START with "Book of Me" Volumes. See where that takes me.

I am off to make some tags....

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

Hi Ladies

I'm sitting here trying to decide what to put in my kit this month ....and worrying about it snowing tonight I hate driving in the snow so I am hoping it doesn't do much they are calling for 2 to 4 inches
My albums ....my three ring binders are pretty much by topic and in my new shelf in the living room I do need to make labels for them so I don't have to pull them out to see what's inside I have some color coordinated but not all ... I am planning on buying 2 more 5 cube shelf's to go on each side of my tv shelf with my three ring binders for my smaller albums and older albums that are not three ring binders but most of my small albums and older albums are still in boxes in my closet I guess I could take pictures of the boxes ...lol But I had planned on getting them out and organized this month so the monthly challenge is great for me .

Governor
In response to Teresakay

Better late than never and in for points. Worked 12-hour days this week and first chance I had to post siggy points - 25.

I'll be too tired by the time I get home tonight to do anything and same plans for tomorrow. I hate in-house training including lunches and dinners for national teams AND expense reports in the same week.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to boricuapr

Ok I feel like my kit is a little skimpy compared to the ones I have seen so far but I'm going with it anyway!
February Counterfeit Kit By Scrapanda

As for the albums - mine are stored in our walk in closet on the top shelves. They are fairly well organized already. I have chronological books and then separate books if they are for a separate event/trip. If I have more than one of the same year/event I buy the same color of album color. So overall I am quite happy with how they are already.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
Ok I feel like my kit is a little skimpy compared to the ones I have seen so far but I'm going with it anyway!

As for the albums - mine are stored in our walk in closet on the top shelves. They are fairly well organized already. I have chronological books and then separate books if they are for a separate event/trip. If I have more than one of the same year/event I buy the same color of album color. So overall I am quite happy with how they are already.

That kit should get you through the weekly challenge series just fine, Amanda. I'm always overly extravagant. It's my fundamental nature. LOL

The important thing is that you're happy with it and ready to play.

I know you're playing as a motivational player this month, but if you WERE playing for points, you would have added them with this post as 200.

Just like that!

Also, the two projects that you've created and posted in other forums -- you are more than welcome to post them here as well. If you were playing for points, you could total them up and add them to your running total. You don't have to only point the AGC offerings. EVERYthing is up for grabs!

I'm not trying to create any pressure to push you over to the points side of things. I'm just helping you learn the ropes as we go along....

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Better late than never and in for points. Worked 12-hour days this week and first chance I had to post siggy points - 25.

Just 10 points for the February signature set up this time, Linda! :-)

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
Hi Ladies

I'm sitting here trying to decide what to put in my kit this month ....and worrying about it snowing tonight I hate driving in the snow so I am hoping it doesn't do much they are calling for 2 to 4 inches
My albums ....my three ring binders are pretty much by topic and in my new shelf in the living room I do need to make labels for them so I don't have to pull them out to see what's inside I have some color coordinated but not all ... I am planning on buying 2 more 5 cube shelf's to go on each side of my tv shelf with my three ring binders for my smaller albums and older albums that are not three ring binders but most of my small albums and older albums are still in boxes in my closet I guess I could take pictures of the boxes ...lol But I had planned on getting them out and organized this month so the monthly challenge is great for me .

I'm glad. I never know when I set one up whether the issues that bug me are also issues that everyone else deals with as well. I'm glad this one hit close to home for most of us!

I got a pretty decent start on mine this evening. Turns out that somewhere recently, I'd already done some beginning organization because the INSIDES weren't in the same kind of mess as the OUTSIDES.

I'm going to make a run to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and see if I can put my hands on two 3-ring albums. Hubby told me that it would be ok if it made me happy and got things organized a little neater. So, YEAH! I have permission ... not like I NEED permission, but it's nice to have him be supportive.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to julie101

Almost forgot this one!

Prompt #17 ~ Guilty Pleasure By GentlewoodFarms

25 points (motivational)

I'll be back in a few minutes with the daily challenge. I need to do a little research first.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ DAILY CHALLENGE ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

FEBRUARY 2

It's NATIONAL BUBBLE GUM DAY DAY!

Bubble Gum Day the first Friday of February every year! Bubble Gum Day helps raise money for schools and the charities they support. Students donate 50 cents to be able to chew bubble gum in class on Bubble Gum Day.

Long before any substantial chewing gum formed bubbles, ancient human beings chewed bits of resin from trees. All around the world, people collected substances from the available trees and used them for dental care and general enjoyment. It wasn’t until 1928 after decades of failure by those before him, and several of his own, that Walter Diemer created the first bubble producing gum. His employer, the Fleer Chewing Gum Company, marketed it as “Dubble Bubble”.

The largest bubble gum bubble ever blown was 50.8 centimeters (20 inches) in diamter. Chad Fell of Haleyville, Alabama blew the bubble with three pieces of Dubble Bubble on April 24, 2004 at Double Springs High School in Winston County, Alabama.The first Friday in February is set aside to celebrate to make the first step and wish your agent Happy Car Insurance Day!

~ Use bubble gum pink on your project today!

~ Have fun~

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

It's a start! AGC #2 SHADOW By Under5feet

Edited by under5feet on 02-02-18 12:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Wow go to work for a day and the chatty Kathys come out .....oh wait .....I am the only Kathy and I wasn't chatty!
I need to go read the month challenge. I have albums everywhere. Of course in my house there is no storage so they just get put wherever they get put. I just scrap and they get put in an album or in my hanging display frame hubby made or sit in a pile until there are so many I have to do something with them. Man I need to get organised! Not to mention the thousands of photos I have sitting around. Just on my bed at the very moment is about 1000 photos!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Pat I see why Linda took 25 it is in the description at the top for February early birds to take 25 in the daily challenges section.

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

Good morning
didn't get to much snow but have to clean snow off my car this morning . but I got up a little earlier than usual

Pat I was lucky we have a store here called Ollies that sells overstock items at discounted prices and the majority of my 3 ring binders were only $3.99 each but last time I went they didn't have but a few left I was going to check this weekend to see if they have anymore .

I still haven't figured out my kit yet but will tonight for sure .

Linda I hate those long days . I was wondering why you hadn't posted much.

Well I am off to work thank goodness it's Friday ...Have a good day !!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Pat I see why Linda took 25 it is in the description at the top for February early birds to take 25 in the daily challenges section.

Oh ... ok. I didn't realize I'd put it up twice. 25 it is, then!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Wow go to work for a day and the chatty Kathys come out .....oh wait .....I am the only Kathy and I wasn't chatty!
I need to go read the month challenge. I have albums everywhere. Of course in my house there is no storage so they just get put wherever they get put. I just scrap and they get put in an album or in my hanging display frame hubby made or sit in a pile until there are so many I have to do something with them. Man I need to get organised! Not to mention the thousands of photos I have sitting around. Just on my bed at the very moment is about 1000 photos!

Sounds like our monthly challenge might be just the thing you need to get at least a dent made in things!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:

Last month I was "skimpy" and although I did get layouts completed (4 total) I still felt limited...so this month I will be putting a lot more in my kit; live and learn!
BTW - I love your kit, just sayin'

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Scrapanda Said:

Last month I was "skimpy" and although I did get layouts completed (4 total) I still felt limited...so this month I will be putting a lot more in my kit; live and learn!
BTW - I love your kit, just sayin'

Oh and my kit will be late, but I'm always late...another reason I don't play for points!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

As for my album situation...
I've already explained where they are and where I think I may move them...
But I forgot to mention that they are themed.
But now that I am doing Project Life, I think moving forward they will be by year (even if I don't continue w/ PL after this year).
Also 99% of my albums are the post bound ones, and though I love them, they don't allow a lot of room. Now that I am working w/ a 2-ring binder, again cuz Project life, I may continue to go that route in the future, regardless if my albums are by theme or year.
I will not replace all that I have now though: too much work and money, plus they're all in immaculate shape still (since no one can reach them to mess them up, LOL). I plan on scrapbooking for the rest of my life so I will just move forward w/ my new plan.
Oh and I am also building up a nice little collection of Travelers Notebooks (oh and a December Daily Album!)... since it's a new thing for me, the plan I have in place is working just fine (5 themed, 1 random)... but I'll still include them in my photo just for sharing!
And with that I think I'll be quiet now, LOL

Edited by Doreena on 02-02-18 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Doreena

Good morning ladies, and we always welcome gents if they would like to join!!
Done with errands for the day so as soon as I post my layout I will have the rest of the day to play!! And with all the sugar from a doughnut high ( I couldn't resist the hot fresh sign this morning) I should scrap up a storm!! Or put pages in albums!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I will have to make the rounds to look at all the posted kits.

My kit is huge this month but most of my pages will come from it!! I hope I can manage the 3/4 weekly pages!!! Pat assured me I could do the first one...it's the next two that I am worried about!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Our Prince By Sewflake

10 size
2 staples
10 pearls
1 flat sticker
9 title
1 scrap
12 deco metal
25 paper
5 quote
5 trim
20 color of ink
10 color of mist
5 color of stickles
5 personal made die cut
10 other challenges
20 types of distressing
5 mist – stickles
5 more than 1 font
5 metal on layout
10 embossing
10 using items over 1 year
10 handwritten journaling block
10 creating own die cut
10 using sketch - ~ FEBRUARY ~ Monthly Sketch #1 By GentlewoodFarms
5 pic
5 person in pic
5 pic over 5 years
10 over 4x6
20 journal
25 journal in description
14 extra comment posts in AGC thread other than pictures.
5 techno info post
5 link product
5 update sig

314 this page

Governor
In response to Sewflake

jci and worn out. I can't believe I passed on dinner at The Palm Restaurant last night--well maybe because it was with attorneys and needed to catch up on emails before heading home. Dratted cough is back so got bye to work from home and STILL catching up on 4 days of emails and phone calls.

2 more hours then I can log off from work and take a nap! Then I'll have to tackle updating my AGC spreadsheet. I've had my format/item order for years and know where everything is. Doreena's OCD is minor compared to my spreadsheet format OCD! I'm tempted to use my old format and add all the new stuff at the bottom.

Kathy thanks for helping me keep what little sanity I have left this week. Of course it will all be gone again once I start fiddling with the points list, kit and monthly.

Teresa glad you didn't get blasted again! I'm sure everyone hear hopes the next round comes right after the end of Sunday's game so they have a really good excuse for not going to work on Monday. Good thing is I know I CAN scrap Sunday night - not watching the game and definitely not going to any watch parties with this blasted head cold/cough. Sent 2 home with flu this week and 3 others didn't make it in. 2 kids in metro area died this week - so sad.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
As for my album situation...
I've already explained where they are and where I think I may move them...
But I forgot to mention that they are themed.
But now that I am doing Project Life, I think moving forward they will be by year (even if I don't continue w/ PL after this year).
Also 99% of my albums are the post bound ones, and though I love them, they don't allow a lot of room. Now that I am working w/ a 2-ring binder, again cuz Project life, I may continue to go that route in the future, regardless if my albums are by theme or year.
I will not replace all that I have now though: too much work and money, plus they're all in immaculate shape still (since no one can reach them to mess them up, LOL). I plan on scrapbooking for the rest of my life so I will just move forward w/ my new plan.
Oh and I am also building up a nice little collection of Travelers Notebooks (oh and a December Daily Album!)... since it's a new thing for me, the plan I have in place is working just fine (5 themed, 1 random)... but I'll still include them in my photo just for sharing!
And with that I think I'll be quiet now, LOL

LOL. You don't ever have to be quiet, D. Sometimes I have to type things out to figure out how I think about things, and then once I see it in print, I'm sorted out.

The whole idea for the monthly is simply to focus ON your album situation and to fix whatever - if any - issues you might have. I have to replace at least three, not because I want to but because I simply have to. They're falling apart. My albums are spread out in three places, four if you count that on one shelf there in two separate places. It makes it hard to figure out where to FIND them when I go to looking for one. And they're not labeled. Apparently, at SOME point, I started sorting them out, because about five of them were already done in terms of not having any weird layouts that didn't fit with the rest of them. And the layouts in them were in some kind of sequential order. Album #6, I thought would be the same, but about a third of the way into it, it was total chaos - so it was REALLY easy to figure out where I STOPPED last time I started to do this little project. But as of this morning, I'm down to just putting together my BOM layouts, and they'll probably take 2 albums, and then I need to sort the pets ones - I have dogs and horses and chickens all over the place. And after that, there are a couple of started and not finished Project 52 ones, and some various other random kinds of ones ...

So I went to HL this afternoon with my 40% off coupon and also to Michaels with my 50% one. I planned to get four albums for the price of three maybe. But while I was digging through the shelves, I found THREE albums at HL marked down to UNDER SIX DOLLARS EACH, so I GRABBED those puppies and used my 40% coupon on some ArtBin magnetic plates for my die-storage crate. I was excited to see those because I was getting ready to order them online, and this way, I saved on shipping! THEN ... at MICHAEL'S ... they had ALL the albums marked 50% off already, so I got two of those. I'd have gotten MORE, but I got all the 3-rings they had, so I used my 50% off coupon on a frame for my "Relax" layout that I want to hang over my desk to keep me focused on my OLW this year.

And - pat me on the back - I did not buy another single thing. I wandered the aisles and looked at stuff, but I didn't want any of it, so I think that means I'm probably saturated with product.

So - score! Instead of four albums, I got five for the price of two. Talk about luck! I spent more on gas getting OVER there than I did on my purchases. But I'm all set to finish this project this month. I'm going to TRY to get it done before the end of this weekend.... I feel like I've got such a good start going, I just hate to quit.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
jci and worn out. ...Dratted cough is back so got bye to work from home and STILL catching up on 4 days of emails and phone calls.

...2 more hours then I can log off from work and take a nap!

...definitely not going to any watch parties with this blasted head cold/cough. Sent 2 home with flu this week and 3 others didn't make it in. 2 kids in metro area died this week - so sad.

Ok. So I'm just saying ... have you BEEN to the doctor yet? Might be time to GO? Maybe? You've been battling this thing for a long time, Linda. Maybe there's something really more serious than just a cough going on.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim

OK, here's my kit. I'm definitely NOT playing for points this month: not with this mish-mash of stuff.

February 2018 Anything Goes Challenge Kit Contents By Ppilgrim

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to ppilgrim

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that there'll always be dog-related stuff in my kits. I have far too much of it and it needs to get used.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to ppilgrim

Oh, so not fair about today's photo challenge. Shadow, you say? The sun's gotta be shining for that :-)

I'm kinda miffed about the monthly challenge too: I moved house last April and finally got my albums all organized the way I want them. Poop, even :-)

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:
Oh, so not fair about today's photo challenge. Shadow, you say? The sun's gotta be shining for that :-)

I'm kinda miffed about the monthly challenge too: I moved house last April and finally got my albums all organized the way I want them. Poop, even :-)

The photos aren't in order, they're just numbered for identification. You can do them in whatever order works for you!

I started with #17!

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim

Oh good! We might see our shadows around here by next Wednesday ;-)

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to ppilgrim

Daily photo challenge 1
Happiness By Sewflake

25 points

Governor

Yep to docs 2x. No flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, sinus infections, or MRSA. Cough is from new drainage because the office yunguns can't stay home or clean their mess and germs at the office!!! Calls with Doc weekly so they can hear my voice and cough to make sure it hasn't changed and to keep me from getting exposed to other germs and viruses. The flu is so bad here they discharged SIL today (3 days early) after having major surgery on Tuesday. DD is on the way to pick him up. Again, I think I may be allergic to Master Buckley (a miniature Australian sheep dog) because we have our grand furbabies for the next couple weeks and last night they decided they had to sleep with me. DH usually sleeps in "their" room because we all can't fit on our bed. Or it could just be the crazy hours I worked this week and it's run me down.

GOOD NEWS - my attorney called to say we don't have to go to trial in 2 weeks because defense counsel finally agreed to pay full policy amount. I guess one of ya'll sent them links to my layouts and they realized my life impact witnesses held positions of authority in corporate and government levels and would rebuke their argument that I fell off my bike and hurt myself.

I'd luv to celebrate and go have a pitcher of Margaritas all to myself, but not a good idea while taking cold meds.

Hubby's home so gotta go share all the good news about SIL and lawsuit and eat dinner!

Page 1 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics