Page 2 of 9 
Username Post: ~ FEBRUARY ~ Anything Goes Challenge        (Topic#1673555)
Governor
In response to Sewflake

Pat - are we using the same January themes - Winter, New and Dog?

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to boricuapr

Project Life Week 2 By Julie101

20 Points 12x24 layout
10 Points staples
5 Points title
63 Points for stickers
57 Points die cuts
30 Points for pp and cs used
5 Points quote
5 Point stamped image
20 Points die cuts
10 Points other challenge VLB and Hoarders
10 Points own die cuts
75 Points for photos
70 Points for people or animals in photos
10 Points for me
40 Points no people or animal
10 Point double layout
10 for overlapping
306 for journaling
75 Points for written words over 50 got 153 words
5 Points for product info
5 Points clean up
5 Points siggy update

Total 846

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to julie101

Feb. kit
Feb kit pattern papers By Teresakay
card stock and 6x6 paper pads By Teresakay
feb kit alphas and stickers By Teresakay
embellishments By Teresakay
vellum By Teresakay
mists and chipboard and overlays By Teresakay
200 points

Edited by Teresakay on 02-02-18 05:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Teresakay

That is quite the kit Teresa! You should have plenty to do pages all month!!!

Headed in for a closer look at Julies page.

Governor
In response to Sewflake

Made a dent in getting acu on other January challenges so scoring 64 points there and another 8 for my posts here.

Finally getting 50 points for daily pics 3 (dinner at office last night lol) and 17 (a few little stress relievers for this weekend).

AGC Daily pic 3 - candy By Boricuapr

AGC daily pic 17 - guilty pleasure By Boricuapr

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to boricuapr

Oh that's good info to know Pat! I will try to remember to share my other pages too. I am about to start working on the 1st daily as I have a great photo for it!

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:

Headed in for a closer look at Julies page.

I/'m trying to use up old stuff thought I could do a lot of my twin great nieces with these colors .

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to Teresakay

Welcome, Amanda
I am the stealthy one, all of a sudden I pop up. I know you are very creative so it will be fun to see what you create since you think you have a skimpy kit. Most of us couldn't begin to use up our kits because they have so much stuff.
BTW Pat, Monthly challenge, all I will say is ugg!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ DAILY CHALLENGE ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

FEBRUARY 3

It's NATIONAL ICE CREAM FOR BREAKFAST DAY!

Ice Cream For Breakfast Day is officially celebrated on the first Saturday of February. The holiday is often explained very simply: 1. Eat ice cream, 2. For breakfast. 3. On the first Saturday in February.

The holiday was invented on a snowy winter day in the 1960s by Florence Rappaport in Rochester, New York. The mother to six children, it was her youngest two, Ruth (now Kramer) and Joe Rappaport, who inspired her on a cold and snowy February morning. To entertain them, she declared it to be Ice Cream For Breakfast Day. She explained, "It was cold and snowy and the kids were complaining that it was too cold to do anything. So I just said, 'Let's have ice cream for breakfast.'" The next year, they reminded her of the day and a tradition began. The exact year of the first ICFBD is unrecorded, but it is speculated to be 1966, when a huge blizzard hit Rochester in late January, dumping several feet of snow on Rochester and shutting down schools. When the siblings grew up, they held parties and introduced the tradition to friends while in college, and the tradition began to spread.

Florence Rappaport and her children never imagined how far their made-up holiday's influence would spread. Thanks to Florence's grandchildren, who have traveled extensively, celebrations have been recorded in Nepal, Namibia, Germany, New Zealand and Honduras. The holiday has even been celebrated in China since 2003 and enjoys particular popularity in Israel. In recent years, several ice cream shops around the United States have started to use Ice Cream for Breakfast Day to raise money for charities (and to attract some cold weather customers). See links for descriptions of fundraising events for charity organizations.

~ Create a foodie project today. Take an additional 25 points if you submit a layout to the Foodie Challenge.

~ Have fun~

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Had to wait till after dark for this one.... Shadow

Shadow - nighttime shadows By Sewflake

25 points

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Pat - are we using the same January themes - Winter, New and Dog?

Oh Shoot. No. Let's use ...

Romance, Pets, and Books ... it's national Library month as well as lots of focus on pet issues.

Good catch. Thanks for keeping me honest!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to under5feet

• under5feet Said:
Welcome, Amanda
I am the stealthy one, all of a sudden I pop up. I know you are very creative so it will be fun to see what you create since you think you have a skimpy kit. Most of us couldn't begin to use up our kits because they have so much stuff.
BTW Pat, Monthly challenge, all I will say is ugg!

ugg? That's all you've got? I'll see your ugg and raise you a pbbbttt...

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

You're the Best By Under5feet

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:

What Sharon said. You are gonna have SOME fun with that one this month!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
Oh that's good info to know Pat! I will try to remember to share my other pages too. I am about to start working on the 1st daily as I have a great photo for it!

Awesome. I have a little truck template that I'm hoping to get around to using - maybe on a card - this month.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

Just came back from Michaels, an impromptu visit... I just happen to be near it... and most their of Project Life stuff is on clearance.
Not sure if that is a good or bad thing, but...
I bought 2 albums (albums what a coincidence considering this month's "Monthly Challenge"!)...
1 album was originally $21.99 and I got it for $8.99, the other was originally $19.99 and I got it for $7.99.
Both 12x12 D-Ring, exactly what I was wanting even though I didn't go in purposely looking for it!

Edited by Doreena on 02-02-18 08:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Just came back from Michaels, an impromptu visit... I just happen to be near it... and most their of Project Life stuff is on clearance.
I bought 2 albums (albums what a coincidence considering this month's "Monthly Challenge"!)...
1 album was originally $21.99 and I got it for $8.99, the other was originally $19.99 and I got it for $7.99.
Both 12x12 D-Ring, exactly what I was wanting even though I didn't go in purposely looking for it!

Sounds like you hit the same sale I did!

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to Doreena

AGC #17 Guilty Pleasure By Under5feet

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Prompt #2 ~ Shadow By GentlewoodFarms

And that's a wrap for me. I'm heading to bed.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Sounds like you hit the same sale I did!

Yes, probably!
But unlike you, it was hard me it was so hard to walk out w/out anything else!

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

Thinking I might pick out photos in advance, want to use up product and looking at what color family I have the most stuff. One is beige but not appealing and that would be why I have so much of it. Like my son Adam's kindergarten teacher said when I asked how Adam was doing in class, she said tomorrow is another day! Gotta love that!

Edited by under5feet on 02-02-18 09:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Man took me half hour to read the posts!
Linda you need to get better. I did warn the flu was bad - vitamin C all the way peeps.
Okay here is another layout. This one sister one to my previous!
Flip Flop Weather By Kathylovestoscrap
12 small brads - 12
8 stash scraps - 8
patterned paper - 30
card - 10
quote - 5
ink - 5
personally created die cuts - hexagons - 70
preprinted embellishments - 35
scrap with scraps - 5
leftovers challenge - 5
ink distressing - 10
doodling - 5
items over a year old - 10
creating own die cut elements - 10
creating layout made entirely of scraps - 20
photos - 15
less than one month photos - 15
people - 15
single layout with 3 - 10
writing on or over photos - 30
comments in gallery - 90
AGC comments - 4
update siggy - 5
product link - 5
Total - 437

Overall - 757

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to kathylovestoscrap

Hooray! Here it is at last - My Feb kit - and I have no buttons added!
February Pseudo Counterfeit Kit - AGC Challenge By Kathylovestoscrap
200 points

Overall - 957

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Oh and can I just say - Pat I am loving the spreadsheet. I should have used earlier!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

So I would love to say this is was created for the Daily Challenge #3 - but that would be a lie.
I created this on the evening of the 2nd, the day BEFORE, which always seems to be a thing w/ me and Pat...
Bahahahahahahaha!

16 By Doreena

Anyway it DOES have Bubble Gum pink in it so I will count it for Daily Challenge #2... which, if I was playing for points, would also give me BONUS points!
But I'm not so... just gonna have to be happy w/ a sense of accomplishment (still a great thing though)!

Also, just FYI, this was my alternate idea for my Weekly PL spread. I actually decided to go w/ both ideas...
waiting for my Pocket Pages to arrive in the mail to finish the 2nd half of my two-page spread AND making this separate page to place in the middle.
I wound up having enough photos to do... BOTH!

This is a 9x12 Layout.
This will be an insert in my 12x12 two-page Week 4 "Project Life" Spread. I decided to make my daughter's birthday it's own page to stick in the middle since it was a big event during the week.
Page 1 of the actual Pocket Spread will reference the Balloon Animal Kit I bought my hubby (as a joke) also helping to tie this layout into the overall spread.

Edited by Doreena on 02-03-18 07:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor

Woke up to the smell of hubby making breakfast and coffee. I really need to pick up RX and laundry soap, but this island girl is having major issues with temps in the 30s. So now I'm forced to face the challenge of getting my kit together. Taking Corky's lead and pulled those NO EXCUSE GOTTA SCRAP THEM pics out of the to do basket. Now I just need Kathy to send me her kit and call it a VERY successful morning lol! But seriously, everyone's kits are amazing!! Let's see what I can pull together and giving myself only 1 hour to do it (as I sit and stare and wonder where to start).

Pat - Wink of Stella and other glitterbrushes are grouped with copics - right?

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Woke up to the smell of hubby making breakfast and coffee. I really need to pick up RX and laundry soap, but this island girl is having major issues with temps in the 30s. So now I'm forced to face the challenge of getting my kit together. Taking Corky's lead and pulled those NO EXCUSE GOTTA SCRAP THEM pics out of the to do basket. Now I just need Kathy to send me her kit and call it a VERY successful morning lol! But seriously, everyone's kits are amazing!! Let's see what I can pull together and giving myself only 1 hour to do it (as I sit and stare and wonder where to start).

Coffee - YUM!

Good luck and have fun w/ creating your kit!
I still need to get mine together!

Edited by Doreena on 02-03-18 07:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• kathylovestoscrap Said:
Oh and can I just say - Pat I am loving the spreadsheet. I should have used earlier!

Oh GOOD. Just remember to change the monthly theme option in line ... 96? I THINK that's right.

Romance, Pets, Books

And I am LOVING your kit, girl. That's an awesome "summer spread" for you to play with!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:
Thinking I might pick out photos in advance, want to use up product and looking at what color family I have the most stuff. One is beige but not appealing and that would be why I have so much of it. ...

Beige? As in earth tone beige? I don't see the problem.

::speaking from an 'earth tones' wheel house::

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:

I always start in my paper stacks and I try to pull out of the bottom ... because that's where the OLD stuff is. At this point, though, almost everything IN my paper stacks is OLD stuff.

You can put them there or with the Stickles / Glitter Glue group. Whichever makes most sense to you. Just call them one or the other, not both. :-)

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

I got all of my "people" albums finished yesterday. This morning, I'm going to sort the animal projects and the "no people in the photo" projects and see if I can get them at least SORTED.

Then I can get labels done and maybe BE done by the end of the weekend. I hope. Because once the weekend rolls over and the weekly project goes up, I'm going to just want to SCRAP and not SORT. :-P

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
I got all of my "people" albums finished yesterday. This morning, I'm going to sort the animal projects and the "no people in the photo" projects and see if I can get them at least SORTED.

Then I can get labels done and maybe BE done by the end of the weekend. I hope. Because once the weekend rolls over and the weekly project goes up, I'm going to just want to SCRAP and not SORT. :-P

Yeah I getcha - I knew I needed to put together my counterfeit kit, but I was really eager to scrap last night so I chose that instead!

Governor
In response to boricuapr

WARNING - USE RESTROOM BEFORE VIEWING!!

Here's daily pic 27 - hubby called me to his mancave saying I had to see what was on his screen. I had my phone and took a pic and sent it to myself to post and it came as a xxx.heic file - what the heck?? So I had to use my camera to take a pic of my phone to share this OOOPS pic with everyone.

Need to restart the 1-hour kit clock (as soon as I stop laughing). Hey Pat - can I use the Budget Challenge Loophole and submit pic of my room as my counterfit kit

AGC daily pic 27 By Boricuapr

Governor

Pat - I'll keep them with watercolor brushes/copics since they're not dimensional colors and more like watercolor brushes and that's where I've been pointing them.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to boricuapr

I want to join... I will decide by tonight if I am going to do points... If I get my kit together I will do points...if that doesn't happen ...for fun it is.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Deanna Schuler

Welcome Deanna, you will get addicted!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Now that is one funny picture Linda, I will have to tell that one to my hubby!!
No loop holes girl!!

Governor

Welcome aboard Deanna!! Just in time to get ready for our weeklies.

Governor
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
No loop holes girl!!

Guess I need to post it in Budget and MAYBE Tammy will give me a bye - she should be rested (and merciful) after her vaca!

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to boricuapr

Welcome Deanna and good luck keeping up with this crowd, they are a chatty bunch! Linda that saying is hilarious! Kathy your kit is amazing especially like the dimensional paints. Doreen I am so jealous of your daughters blue hair and wish the bright colors had been an option back in the day. I would pick pink just like the my witch avatar pic.
FYI that SB art deco die is my new favorite but it is big so the card I made is over 7" tall. Well I guess I need to put my kit together and will drink my coffee while I ponder what to put in my kit!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• under5feet Said:
Welcome Deanna and good luck keeping up with this crowd, they are a chatty bunch! Linda that saying is hilarious! Kathy your kit is amazing especially like the dimensional paints. Doreen I am so jealous of your daughters blue hair and wish the bright colors had been an option back in the day. I would pick pink just like the my witch avatar pic.
FYI that SB art deco die is my new favorite but it is big so the card I made is over 7" tall. Well I guess I need to put my kit together and will drink my coffee while I ponder what to put in my kit!

Do it now! All we did is have her hair professionally dyed blonde, and she uses a blue tinted shampoo called Viral, Extreme Blue by Celeb Luxury. They have a huge array of colors, including 3 different shades of pink. You can get it in professional beauty supply stores or Amazon. She's tried a gray-purple color also. She loves it! I'm currently trying to dye the blonde parts of my hair with a hair color butter by Joico, but it doesn't seem to be working as good as her shampoo does. Oh well, it was an experiment... once I run out I'll probably buy the pink shampoo. BTW before you say you're too old, I'm 42... never too old! 😉

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to Doreena

Good Morning ....everyone is chatty ...lol
Linda love the quote so funny ...
I haven't done a page yet and I had my photos for the first two days and forgot to post last night
My son is on the way to pick me up to go to the flea market to get movies and after he leaves I am scrapping I am so behind already in my 365 pages for 2018 ... Love everyone's kits i always forget something in my kit and it is so hard for me to do a page so I tried to add a lot of stuff this month see how that goes and I will probably try to use it for a lot of pages this month trying to use stuff up so I can justify buying new stuff. Will try to leave love later and try to stay on top of that this month I always get behind ... Have a Happy Saturday and I'll check back in later

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
I haven't done a page yet and I had my photos for the first two days and forgot to post last night
My son is on the way to pick me up to go to the flea market to get movies and after he leaves I am scrapping I am so behind already in my 365 pages for 2018 ... Love everyone's kits i always forget something in my kit and it is so hard for me to do a page so I tried to add a lot of stuff this month see how that goes and I will probably try to use it for a lot of pages this month trying to use stuff up so I can justify buying new stuff. Will try to leave love later and try to stay on top of that this month I always get behind ... Have a Happy Saturday and I'll check back in later

I hate when I forget something for my kit that is obvious after the fact!
Pat can we have a "freebie" during the month - basically like being allowed to add 1 thing to our kit that we really need but didn't think of initially?? Please, pretty, pretty please!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Doreena

I have the first and last page of the album done and even in the book!!
Happily ever After By Sewflake

10 size
I flat sticker
2 scraps
15 title letters
3 decorative metal
3 preprinted ephemera
10 card stock
25 PP
5 quote
5 type ribbon
5 thread
20 colors of ink
15 colors of mist
5 dimensional die cut
35 created die cuts
10 other challenges – (machine cuts and sketch)
10 number of specialty paper
20 types of distressing
5 mist
5 punch
5 for using specialty paper
5 for using metal
10 using chipboard
10 machine sewing
10 using items over 1 year
10 creating own die cuts
10 using sketch - Feb sketch #2 ~ FEBRUARY ~ Monthly Sketch #2 By GentlewoodFarms
10 number of pic
5 people in pic
10 pic over 5 years * he turns 13 next week
10 larger than 4x6
5 rounding corners
10 embellish on/overlap
15 distressing picture
16 comment post
8 comment on AGC thread
5 link product
5 update sig
25 daily #1
T393
Crud, my kids are showing up to clean the garage, I do not use the speed sheet so I need to add my points!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Sewflake on 02-03-18 11:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Whew, Got it done... somethings are more important than cleaning the garage!!!

Grand total is 1,001
Opportunity for picture taking today!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Sewflake

Weekly Challenge #1-

Okay here is my kit - Inspired by the February "Counterfeit Kit Challenge" Blog.
The inspiration kit had lots of turquoise, pink, flowers, and "romantic/love" items.
I also included some scraps and un-used items from my January Counterfeit Kit, and general scrap items from my stash, and pet items, cuz I scrap my pets a lot... though I forgot the piggy items DOH! Maybe that will be my "freebie" item if Pat allows that!
I made this kit bigger than last month's because I felt too limited last month.
Oh and I also added a few stamps because one of my goals this year is to use my stamps... I selected stamps that go w/ the kits overall theme.
February AGC Counterfeit Kit By Doreena

Edited by Doreena on 02-03-18 01:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
No loop holes girl!!

Wait, what?! No loop holes?! But that's how I get things accomplished, LOL

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Teresakay Said:

Pat can we have a "freebie" during the month - basically like being allowed to add 1 thing to our kit that we really need but didn't think of initially?? Please, pretty, pretty please!

That would be awesome a freebie I meant to add pink and blue sequins because I am out of blue and pink enamel dots and was going to substitute sequins ...lol

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to Teresakay

Going through pictures to for pics to scrap this month then I am scrapping

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

Romance, Pets, and Books ... it's national Library month as well as lots of focus on pet issues.

I joined in the perfect month! I work in the school library as the library tech aide! AND THIS MONTH I get to host one of the HOT READ BOOKS we suggest to our kiddos. I will have to make sure someone takes pictures of me! I work in a 3-5 building (the same one I used to teach in before stepping away from teaching so I could focus on my kiddos!)

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

• under5feet Said:
Welcome Deanna and good luck keeping up with this crowd, they are a chatty bunch!

I have been part of the ugly paper challenge previously... so I am used to chatty... I am VERY chatty so I will fit right in!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to Teresakay

Baahaaahaaa! I saw that quote on instsa last night and showed my hubby. He said yep that is our house alright!

I nearly spat out my coffee D when I read your loophole clause! I need that every week not just once! And there's the rub - that would be why it is a challenge!

Sharon you are on a flying roll! Love the pages!

Pat I am in awe that you are a woman on a mission! I would not even know where to begin.

Therese - Round Robin is calling you! Pat will agree and D said it in the forum, still 2 places up for grabs. Please play! Oh I better get that done today because it is Sunday 9.30am and I am back to work soon and there will not be time to scrap until next weekend - or maybe I could be selfish and eek out some time......

Question - because I want to not point incorrectly - Do I point a double as one layout or do I point each side as a single layout. I have been doing each side separately for ease but I can do as one so I get it correct from the beginning of the month. Help please!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

OKay... SOOOOO! A few questions...

- Do I start posting daily photos TODAY... since I signed up today?

- I am thinking over my kit ideas... this month is my sons FOURTH birthday and I have yet to scrap his FIRST birthday ... or much as for him or my youngest... SO I was thinking of putting a kit together that I could use to scrap his first birthday. Am I boxing myself in with that theme?

-AM I correct that I can post ANY project I do here... even if it isn't part of the daily, weekly or monthy challenge?

Okay... that's it for now... still mulling over my kit and leaving some love on pictures!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

Okay... so I just created myself a little guide book of sorts ... because I always need written instructions in front of me! How many points to I get for putting together (copy and paste from forum) and printing that 14 page beauty! WOWZERS!

I am certainly going to need help!
So do I can points for leaving love ... or just for posts here? I guess I need to refer to my own guidebook!

AGC self created guidebook By Deanna Schuler

Printed AGC self created guidebook By Deanna Schuler

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:

Need to restart the 1-hour kit clock (as soon as I stop laughing). Hey Pat - can I use the Budget Challenge Loophole and submit pic of my room as my counterfit kit

um. no.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Pat - I'll keep them with watercolor brushes/copics since they're not dimensional colors and more like watercolor brushes and that's where I've been pointing them.

That works for me!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • under5feet Said:

Do it now! All we did is have her hair professionally dyed blonde, and she uses a blue tinted shampoo called Viral, Extreme Blue by Celeb Luxury. They have a huge array of colors, including 3 different shades of pink. You can get it in professional beauty supply stores or Amazon. She's tried a gray-purple color also. She loves it! I'm currently trying to dye the blonde parts of my hair with a hair color butter by Joico, but it doesn't seem to be working as good as her shampoo does. Oh well, it was an experiment... once I run out I'll probably buy the pink shampoo. BTW before you say you're too old, I'm 42... never too old! 😉

I'm seriously considering this one ...

but everyone that I talk to says, "your hair is such a GREAT color ... even my stylist, who would make money on doing the color job, says so. My hair is that silver frosty gray, no yellow or blue tones in it, just variations on grey hues from dark to silver.

I kind of worry that if I COLOR it, it might be a long time for it to grow out if I hate it, you know?

Plus, I'm 60 and I think I might look like I was trying to be ... younger, which I'm not. I just think it looks kind of cool.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

So I updated my signature... but not sure if I am too late to count it for points... and not sure how many points to add ... with all my questions and love left...

Also... I just noticed I could have earned some points for organizing... I just bought a new drawer storage for stickers and such... Yeah... my Bo Bunny addiction is BAD... one of the drawers is full of just the embellishment stuff for all my Bo-Bunny... YIKES! I will post a picture later... I might have a picture of what it was before... hold that thought!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:

We'll make an exception this once. Go ahead and post them ... ok?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

Oh, ok. If you're going to beg about it.

BUT you have to point it out when you post your project and you ONLY GET ONE!

I can feel the floodgates straining as we speak.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:

I joined in the perfect month! I work in the school library as the library tech aide! AND THIS MONTH I get to host one of the HOT READ BOOKS we suggest to our kiddos. I will have to make sure someone takes pictures of me! I work in a 3-5 building (the same one I used to teach in before stepping away from teaching so I could focus on my kiddos!)

Welcome to the insanity! And I work in a library as well as a ... well, technically the term would be circulation clerk, but we call them Access Specialists. Don't ask. It's a "business model concept" term.

Hope you find lots of fun and inspiration in the posts and challenges this month. There is usually something for everybody. But our hostess. ... she's a quack. She comes up with some of the wildest and weirdest challenges you ever did hear tell.

I heard a rumor that she's putting the final polishing touches on the first weekly and the WORD is that she may even be posting it before she goes to bed tonight.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• kathylovestoscrap Said:

Pat I am in awe that you are a woman on a mission! I would not even know where to begin.

My best advice is to just pick a place and dig in. As soon as you start, you'll figure out what you want to do ... I got lucky with the album sale this month because for the prices I got them for, I was able to get all I needed to finish the whole job and don't have to wait for them go on sale later in the month. I'm done with getting everything into albums. I just have to figure out where to put them and then get them labeled.

I MAY go the easy route and just use my label maker for now until I figure out what I want to do as a permanent fix.

Therese - Round Robin is calling you! Pat will agree and D said it in the forum, still 2 places up for grabs. Please play! Oh I better get that done today because it is Sunday 9.30am and I am back to work soon and there will not be time to scrap until next weekend - or maybe I could be selfish and eek out some time......

Yes. Come PLAY. It's one layout and it's lots of fun!

Question - because I want to not point incorrectly - Do I point a double as one layout or do I point each side as a single layout. I have been doing each side separately for ease but I can do as one so I get it correct from the beginning of the month. Help please!

Count each side as a single project. It's easier and it's the way it's been traditionally done.

Governor

Deana - don't forget to download Pat's spread sheet to help you out. I highlight the descriptions of those I use all the time ie SB comments, inks, mists, stamping, technique info, siggy update, etc.

I usually tally my SB luv then put it on points list of next project post. And chatter posts are new starting this month, so I'll be putting chatter points when posting projects. Hope this helps.

Pat - I just knew it was a no, but I did ask nicely lol!!!

FYI just got home from running errands with hubby so I'll have to work on my kit after finishing dinner.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Oh, ok. If you're going to beg about it.

BUT you have to point it out when you post your project and you ONLY GET ONE!

I can feel the floodgates straining as we speak.

Yay, TY, Pat!
Theresa... pay attention, LOL

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
OKay... SOOOOO! A few questions...

OKay.... so a few answers...

- Do I start posting daily photos TODAY... since I signed up today?

Sure. You can start posting daily photos for points whenever you want. No more than ONE photo to be taken each day, and no more than TWO photos posted in a 24 hour period. Photo bombs defeat the purpose of "daily photo challenge."

- I am thinking over my kit ideas... this month is my sons FOURTH birthday and I have yet to scrap his FIRST birthday ... or much as for him or my youngest... SO I was thinking of putting a kit together that I could use to scrap his first birthday. Am I boxing myself in with that theme?

Not necessarily. Your kit needs to be enough to get - for THIS month - four layouts. Some months we've done five, but four is the typical number. If you plan to create four layout projects of your son's first birthday - which is certainly doable if you have the photos and the desire - then it makes complete sense to theme your kit for that project. The weekly challenges are ... broad enough in a vague kind of way, but they usually have a few fixed requirements. Nothing that isn't DOABLE from a kit, provided it has the right stuff in it. If you take a peek at the KINDS of things the rest of us have been putting in ours, you'll have an idea of the KINDS of things you want.

-AM I correct that I can post ANY project I do here... even if it isn't part of the daily, weekly or monthy challenge?

Yep. Kathy and Linda do it all the time.

Okay... that's it for now... still mulling over my kit and leaving some love on pictures!

It's a little confusing at first, but by the end of the first round, you'll be a seasoned veteran and it'll all make sense. If you have ANY questions, just ask. Someone will always be around to answer you - and if I'm not here, I'll usually defer to whatever answer they give you because they've all been playing long enough with me to know what I'd say anyway. I don't think of this as MY challenge. It's OUR challenge, and now YOU are one of US, so just jump in and plan on having fun!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
Okay... so I just created myself a little guide book of sorts ... because I always need written instructions in front of me! How many points to I get for putting together (copy and paste from forum) and printing that 14 page beauty! WOWZERS!

I am certainly going to need help!
So do I can points for leaving love ... or just for posts here? I guess I need to refer to my own guidebook!

AGC self created guidebook By Deanna Schuler

2 points for each love sprinkle in the gallery,
no matter if it's an AGC project or not.

2 points for each comment in the AGC forum between your project posts. Project posts don't count... so basically when you post a project, track back to see your previous project and then count up the number of posts you made between them, and then take 2 points for each one. Make sense?

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

Got my pictures picked out quite a few f them ...lol
I found 3 pictures with trucks in them didn't think I had any now I have to scrap them all ...lol
pink is easy and food is easy for me found lots of food pictures too so I have the first three daily challenges covered . I'm gonna wait to scrap Christmas pictures until later .

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to boricuapr

February ATG Photo Challenge By Julie101

Project Life Week 3 By Julie101

25 Points Daily Photo number 2
20 Points 12x24 layout
12 Points staples
6 Points for sequins
5 Points title
40 Points stickers
16 Points die cuts
60 Points cs and pp used
5 Points wink of stella
10 Points silhouette die cut
10 Points other challenges VLB and Hoarders
50 Points old items everything but the photos are old
10 Points cameo die cut
70 Points photos
60 Points people or animal
10 Points photo me
30 Points photo of no people or animal
10 Points double with 7 or more photos
10 Points overlapping
276 for journaling
50 Points journaling ever 25 words
160 Points comments left
5 Points product info
5 Points siggy update
5 Points clean up

Total 960

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:

HI JULIE!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Are you guys ready for some fun yet? Cause I think I'm ready to GIVE it to you....

Let's start with the daily for tomorrow first ok? Get that little thing out of the way.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ DAILY CHALLENGE ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

FEBRUARY 4

It's SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!

For most of us, this means a chance to sit down in our scrap spaces and have some peace to ourselves while our men scream and yell like morons at the wide screen.
For others of us, it means sitting on the sofa with wings and snacks and yelling at the wide screen like a moron.

Whichever scenario you find yourself in, today is YOUR day.

Take 25 points for doing what YOU love on this one day a year. And I hope your team wins!

~ Have fun~

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Well the daily for tomorrow will be easy!!
Drinking coffee scrapping with the game on!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ WEEKLY CHALLENGE~ * ~ * ~ * ~

These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS before the turning of the clock on 12:01am Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

1. WEEKS WILL RUN SUNDAY TO SATURDAY.
2. WEEKLY CHALLENGES WILL BE WORTH 200 POINTS

WEEK 2: February 4 - 10
A CUPID MYTHOLOGY Challenge

February is the month when we see all kinds of images of little Cupid as a Valentines day icon. But who was he, really?

The mention of Cupid typically conjures up images of a cherubic winged infant wielding a bow and arrow, but this wasn’t always the case. In the beginning of his mythology, Cupid was represented as an irresistible immortal. But his image went through a gradual change over the years, first as a handsome and slender winged youth, then increasingly as a chubby little boy. It is this chubby love-inducing cherubic image that has persisted over time and has become our ubiquitous Valentine’s Day mascot.

Cupid is always portrayed with a bow and arrow, which he used to shoot the power of love wherever he wanted it to go. But most people don’t know that he actually had two arrows - one with a sharp golden point, and the other with a blunt tip of lead. A person wounded by the golden arrow is filled with uncontrollable desire, but the one struck by the lead feels aversion and desires only to flee.

According to some writings, Cupid personally experienced the pain associated with the lead arrow as a child. According to this account, as a small boy Cupid tried to get some honey out of a bee hive and was stung in the process. Of course, the first person Cupid wanted help and comfort from was his mother.

Cupid is most often regarded as the son of Venus and Mars, whose love affair represented an allegory of Love and War. Two of the major planets in our solar system bear the names of his parents, and while Cupid is never seen, both of these planets can be seen as stars in the sky after dark.

Cupid is winged, allegedly, because lovers are flighty and likely to change their minds. He is boyish because love is irrational. He carries a bow and arrow and a torch because “love wounds and inflames the heart." He is frequently depicted wearing a blindfold because “love is blind.” His name in Latin, Cupido, means “desire.”

In addition to all the Valentine’s Day cards, decorations and other things associated with February 14th the Day of Love, several musicians have written songs about Cupid. One song in particular, by Sam Cooke, ended up being ranked as number 452 on the Rolling Stone list of “500 Greatest Songs of All Time.”

Here's how we're going to apply it to our WEEKLY CHALLENGE.

1 ~ Pick a topic for your project : Boy, Mother, Your Significant Other (the one you LOVE)

2 ~ Use one of the four songs below to find some project TITLE inspiration, either in the title or in the lyrics.

3 ~ Use at least three things from the following list on your project
~ Arrows (at least 2)
~ Bees
~ Stars
~ Wings
~ Hearts
~ Cupid Image
~ Gold and Lead colored metal items (brads are fine)
~ Roman or Greek Fonts

4 ~ The word Love, Desire, or Irresistible must appear somewhere on your project.

~ Have fun ~

SONG CHOICES
~ Cupid ~
~ Stupid Cupid ~
~ Cupid Shuffle ~
~ Cupid Shot You ~

**if you have a different "Cupid" song you'd like to use, I think we could work something out...

Take an additional 50 points if you submit your project to the February MUSIC challenge...

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I am sure you will put the titles of the song in #2 or did I miss the meaning of the statement?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
I am sure you will put the titles of the song in #2 or did I miss the meaning of the statement?

To use the hyperlinks, I had to edit the post... I should have just hit preview, but I hit the wrong button.

It's fixed now.

Governor

pat - fyi I signed up for round robin.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I see that now, thanks Pat.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
pat - fyi I signed up for round robin.

Yeah! I'm heading there now to get teams all finalized...

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Sewflake

OH MY GOODNESS! HOW DO YOU LADIES DO THIS! I AM SO OVERWHELMED! I am going through my crazy out of control stash to make my kit... and I already have this much stuff (actually more because this photo was an hour ago)!

Start of February pseudo kit By Deanna Schuler

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Sewflake

Welcome to all our newbies!

Well apparently I managed to snap a photo on the first - for a prompt from December, or maybe even November. So here is yesterday and today.

Feb 2 - #6 Pink
AGC February Photos By JustLyn

Feb 3 = #17 Flowers

AGC February Photos By JustLyn

I started over again this month with my kit, since I used the same one for December and January.

AGC February Counterfeit Kit By JustLyn

starting points: 25
2 daily photos +50
weekly challenge 1 +200 (kit)
New total: 275

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
OH MY GOODNESS! HOW DO YOU LADIES DO THIS! I AM SO OVERWHELMED! I am going through my crazy out of control stash to make my kit... and I already have this much stuff (actually more because this photo was an hour ago)!

Don't do "overwhelmed." Do - FOUR project kits. That's all you need. Pick paper for FOUR layouts. Then put some card stock with those papers. Then add some embellishments to that. And then some alphabets. And then you're done.

You got a kind of late start, so you're feeling some pressure to get it done. Don't. Pressure is NOT fun. Just breathe, relax, and slow down.

FOUR layouts. That's in the neighborhood of a dozen papers or so. Then cardstock - four or so sheets.

BREATHE. :-) You got this.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

Still working on my kit but I have a QUESTIONS, can we use pps that are altered like maybe edge punch, inked, stamped? Back to my task and will come back hoping to have an answer.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:
Welcome to all our newbies!

Well apparently I managed to snap a photo on the first - for a prompt from December, or maybe even November. So here is yesterday and today.

Go YOU!

I started over again this month with my kit, since I used the same one for December and January.

Looks like you went with the Mega Kit option this month. Took a page from my book did you?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:
Still working on my kit but I have a QUESTIONS, can we use pps that are altered like maybe edge punch, inked, stamped? Back to my task and will come back hoping to have an answer.

You can use WHATEVER papers you WANT, Corky. It's your kit, and YOU get to pick what goes in it! If you want altered papers, then stick 'em in there and use 'em up!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Deanne, what Pat said!!!
My kit is huge this month but I plan on getting 20 pages out of it!! Obviously not just for the weekly page challenge!!
You got this!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:

The OTHER thing you need to know is that most of us who have posted kits have been playing this way for a while, so we kind of know ahead of time that we're going to need to put one together. This is your FIRST month, and you're starting from SCRATCH, so it's a LOT to take in. Seriously.

Don't let it overwhelm you. It's supposed to be fun. If it's overwhelm and stress, it's not fun!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Deanna you get used to it! We all have transformed our kits as the months progress and we get better at predicting what we might use.
Well that is until Pat throws in the weekly! OMG! Now what am I going to do? I need to really work hard with my papers for this one. Thanks Pat!
Okay so sorry for a little bomb but well it is the weekend!
Photo prompt 2 - shadow
Shadow By Kathylovestoscrap
Points - 25

Project 52 - Week 5 - Yes I know I haven't done 2, 3 or 4 but they are sitting there to be done. I needed to do this on time!
Back 2 School 2018 By Kathylovestoscrap
Points -
Project 52 - 100
Left Side
12 x 12 - 10
7 letters - 7
1 scrap - frame - 1
3D sticker - 3
paper - 35
card - 5
personally created die cuts - 35
die cut machine challenge - 5
doodling - 5
using items over 1 yr from stash - sticker - 10
handwritten journaling - 10
creating own die cuts - 10
photos - 20
people - 10
less than 1 mth - 20
single page - 3+ - 10
writing on - 10
handwritten words - 26
journaling in gallery - This week we returned to school and that is always a big event. It is getting smaller with only 2 of the 5 left to return each year. It is a significant year for my youngest son - he is in year 10, the last at his current High School before he transitions to senior High School at the feeder college. My youngest is in year 8. Left show them the first day - it is sport day so they wear their sport uniform all day. The right is the next day in school uniform. Here in Australia all school children - public and private wear school uniforms - it is a sense of pride in the school and to ensure that there is no inequality for the kids regardless of their family financial situations. As a DP and teaching staff member I like that there is this sea of uniforms when the school's line up. It is quite impressive. Staff also get to wear a form of their school's uniform - shirts with staff on them. Going back to school , new shoes, new stationery, new bags - always exciting! - 25
posts in AGC - 4
linking products 5
updating siggy - 5
Total - 271

Right
12 x 12 - 10
7 letters - 8
1 scrap - frame - 1
3D sticker - 3
paper - 35
card - 5
personally created die cuts - 40
die cut machine challenge - 5
doodling - 5
using items over 1 yr from stash - sticker - 10
handwritten journaling - 10
creating own die cuts - 10
photos - 20
people - 10
less than 1 mth - 20
single page - 3+ - 10
writing on - 10
handwritten words - 13
comments in galleries - 24
Total - 249

School Days By Kathylovestoscrap
letters in title - 10
individual jewels - 2
flat sticker - 1
scraps - 7
papers - 35
card - 10
inks - 10
personally cut die cuts - 30
preprinted - 5
scrap with scraps - 5
first photo of February - 5
scraplift favs - 5
die cuttoing machine challenge - 5
handcut embellishment - 30
ink distressing - 10
using punch - 5
doodling - 5
using stash over 1 yr - 10
scraplifting member - https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 6073739.... - 10
creating own die cuts - 5
photos - 5
people - 10
less than 1 mth - 5
larger than 4 x 6 - 10
writing / embellishment over photo - 10
journaling in gallery - My two youngest are the only ones left going to school. This year my youngest is in year 8 and my son is in year 10 - his last at his High School before he moves to the Senior College Campus. - 25
product links - 5
cleaning up mess - 5
Total 295

Overall - 2107

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

What Pat said is really true Deanna, it is fun and they take good care of you!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

I have a mickey paper pack... can I include that in my kit... I think the answer is... it's your kit... but I wanted to be sure!

LOL! ALSO ... I have had some stuff in my save for later portion of my cart for Logan's birthday LO's... I am going to order them tonight... can I print a picture of my cart and put it in my kit pictures?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
I have a mickey paper pack... can I include that in my kit... I think the answer is... it's your kit... but I wanted to be sure!

LOL! ALSO ... I have had some stuff in my save for later portion of my cart for Logan's birthday LO's... I am going to order them tonight... can I print a picture of my cart and put it in my kit pictures?

You are correct. It's YOUR kit - put what you want in it. A paper pad definitely makes things easier because it's already all coordinated.

LOL. Sure. We'll let it go this time since
1. You're a newbie.
2. You've started late.

You'll get ahead of it for next month, I'm sure. :-)

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok, gang. I'm heading to bed. I'll see everyone in the morning for the first full week. We've gotten ourselves off to a great start, so now it's time to crack open those challenges and get to work!

Don't stress and don't stay up too late! Tomorrow IS another day. :-)

Night everybody. Morning, Kathy!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

I'll be in Vegas for the next 3 days so...
dropping off my Daily Challenge #3 - a food layout
which I also shared in the Foodie Challenge (the challenge I'm hosting )

BTW - I used only my counterfeit kit!

Enjoy Beer By Doreena

Edited by Doreena on 02-03-18 07:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

Hey, D. That's a nice little project ...

I know, I said I was going to bed, but I wanted to clear this off my plate first .... we all know I'm a dysfunctional sleeper anyways.

JANUARY WINNERS

POINTS PRIZE ~ Most points overall.
Kathy - with 16,047

DAILY CHALLENGES PRIZE ~ Most daily challenges completed.
Teresa - with 18

NEWBIE PRIZE ~ First time player, active in the challenge.
No Newbies in January. We must have scared them all off! Hoping that will CHANGE for February!

WEEKLY CHALLENGE PRIZE ~ Selected by random.org among all the layouts submitted for weekly challenges.
#3. Dog Life By MrsCDJ

MONTHLY CHALLENGE PRIZE ~ Selected by random.org among all the projects submitted for the monthly challenge.
#15. Be YOur Own Kind of Amazing By Sassy Suzi

I think I have everyone's address. And I still have to get the December stuff in the mail, so I'll plan on killing two birds in one box for January. I have the boxes, I just have to convince the birds to get in them.

Now, for REAL and true.... night everyone!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Woo hoo! Thanks Pat. Congrats everyone! Not that I play to win but it is fun anyways. Everyone likes the chance to be a winner every now and then! Night all enjoy your Superbowl tomorrow. I have a young teacher who is taking the day off to watch it. She goes for the Patriots and is headed to a Super Bowl Party. I will be at work while you all enjoy yourselves so I am taking my 25 daily points for scrapping my Sunday away - what I like to do most!
And here is my next photo - red - it is not real!
Red By Kathylovestoscrap

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to Teresakay

Feb photo day 1 and 2
candy and pink +50

Feb photo 1 candy By Teresakay
feb photo 2 pink - By Teresakay

Governor

OK here's my kit - DH was so awesome and brought home the EP Getaway collection and I had already decided to focus on using my 2 G45s of By the Sea and Under the Sea.

Embellies are basically my TT ScrapRack project holder for beach stuff dumped on the floor. The project holders are getting really hard to find but they're the best solution I use for keeping themes and product lines all in one place. FYI I don't have the rack but they fit perfectly in the Kallax shelves and when I go to crops I just grab the ones I need and put them in my TT Craft Binder.

Of course being V-Day I had to put in something pink and bling. I luv the old cropper hopper photo containers-they hold lots of my Want2Scrap blings/pearls.

Pat - can't wait to use some of those RAK goodies I've been saving to use with these papers.

AGC Kit By Boricuapr

Let the games begin-especially since I ended up falling asleep after dinner. Not a good idea to wake up 3 hours before having to go back to bed.

Kit, Luv, Chatter and Siggy = 223

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to boricuapr

I got the first daily done but will probably post in the morning going to watch a movie now

Have a good night all

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to Teresakay

Linda I love how u put the kit in one pic!

Governor

Corky - uploading 1 pic is so much faster than having to group several - papers to right and goodies to left. Just can't believe I only have a few Glimmer Mists, but I added Glitter pastes. This time I finally remembered Washi tape.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to boricuapr

Well this group is about to learn that I am one of those OVER PREPARED packing people...

On the other hand this kit is designed to allow me to scrap my oldest son's birthday ... but my youngest son's birthday was ALSO Mickey Mouse... SOOOOO... Maybe I am not over prepared?

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

So... it is already slightly after midnight... but my littlest son keeps getting out of bed... so here is a link to my gallery with all the images for my kit... I am hoping to add the actual images here next... but in case he gets up the SIXTH time... I need to lay with him.

https://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/52459/view/ 6074009/...

Page 2 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics