Username Post: ~ FEBRUARY ~ Anything Goes Challenge        (Topic#1673555)
Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Deanna Schuler

My theme for my kit is BOY'S FiRST BIRTHDAY- Mickey Mouse

I am so sorry for this photo bombing attack... I was going to try to make a collage of pictures but my dear son has other ideas! I will most likely have to tally my points in the morning... if it isn't too late... I can just play for fun if my photo bombing and late entry disqualify me!

Disney PP : AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

Reverse side of Disney PP: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

Disney Stickers: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

1st Birthday Artifacts: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

One more Disney page: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

Bo Bunny Double Dot: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

BO Bunny Embellishments: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

SCRAP FILE selection: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

Red and Black Patterned Paper: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

Stickles, Chipboard, brads, Grommets, ink, Chalk, buttons: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

Ribbon: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

BIRTHDAY and BOY embellishments: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

Rub-ons: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

Letter Stickers: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

PP ... hoping to include this for AGC daily challenge By Deanna Schuler

8 x 8 PP and vellum: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

Chipboard and items I am hoping to learn something new with By Deanna Schuler

Primary Color PP and matching cardstock: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

12 x 12 solid color cardstock: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

various sizes of solid color cardstock: AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

various pp : AGC February Counterfeit Kit By Deanna Schuler

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

Daily Photo Prompt Challenge

I took #23 on 2/2

BEDTIME Snuggles Feb 2 By Deanna Schuler

I took #10 on 2/3

Peek- a - boo Feb 3 By Deanna Schuler

I believe I can only collect 25 points for this because I posted photos at same time... let me know if I am wrong!

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 02-03-18 10:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to GentlewoodFarms

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • julie101 Said:

HI JULIE!!!

Hello

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to julie101

Great kit Deanna.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to kathylovestoscrap

AGC Kit February 2018 By Under5feet

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to under5feet

OKay... so do I SERIOUSLY get to calculate points on my kit... YIKES... that seems HUGE!

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

AGC #24 TWO Nilespie By Under5feet

Edited by under5feet on 02-03-18 11:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

No just 200 for the kit

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:
Linda I love how u put the kit in one pic!

Mine wouldn't FIT in a single photo.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
My theme for my kit is BOY'S FiRST BIRTHDAY- Mickey Mouse

I am so sorry for this photo bombing attack... I was going to try to make a collage of pictures but my dear son has other ideas! I will most likely have to tally my points in the morning... if it isn't too late... I can just play for fun if my photo bombing and late entry disqualify me!

Considering what a late start you got, and how close to the deadline you were, I'm gonna say it was before midnight SOMEwhere in the world, and let you point it. Wow. This is an impressive kit. You'll be in good shape, I think.

:-) Welcome to the weekly fun run for the points!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
Daily Photo Prompt Challenge

I took #23 on 2/2

I took #10 on 2/3

I believe I can only collect 25 points for this because I posted photos at same time... let me know if I am wrong!

The rule is that the photos have to be posted within 24 hours of being taken, so we're squeaking with the 2/2 one, but we'll let you count it this time since you got a late start. From here on out, the 24 hour rule applies. ok?

Daily photos are worth 25 points apiece, so you can collect 50 for these, just because you were late getting on board.

Does that make sense?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:

BEAUTIFUL kit, Corky.

• boricuapr Said:

Pat - can't wait to use some of those RAK goodies I've been saving to use with these papers.

AGC Kit By Boricuapr

Oh gosh, I'm loving this one too!

There are definitely going to be some lovely projects this month. These kits are ALL fantastic! We've outdone ourselves, I think!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
OKay... so do I SERIOUSLY get to calculate points on my kit... YIKES... that seems HUGE!

Ok. The kit itself is the weekly challenge, so you get to take 200 points for getting it put together and posting it.

Once you start creating LAYOUTS with it, you can point THOSE individually, as well as taking the 200 weekly points for each weekly challenge you complete which fulfills all the requisite specs.

So, your kit "photo bomb" is worth 200 points, and you can mark off the Week 1 Weekly challenge as complete. Make sense?

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • under5feet Said:

I MADE mine fit because I strongly dislike "non-project" photos in my gallery, it messes with my OCD... Ugly Papers are my only other exception besides these counterfeit kits. That's why I don't participate in the daily photo challenge.

Edited by Doreena on 02-04-18 06:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok. I'm getting ready to dig into my kit and start my weekly project. Let's see if I have the right stuff.

::

Stupid hostess with her stupid weekly challenge ideas. I don't know WHAT she was thinking.....

Boys and gold/lead colored metal bits and stuff that I know I did not pack...

Oh wait. Metal + alcohol ink. Maybe I can FAKE it to be a gold colored thing, maybe.

::rummaging through inks to see what's in there::

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • under5feet Said:

I MADE mine fit because I strongly dislike "non-project" photos in my gallery, it messes with my OCD... Ugly Papers are my only other exception besides these counterfeit kits. That's why I don't participate in the daily photo challenge.

I get around that by going straight to my "albums" section of my gallery. Yeah, I gotta look at it for a half-second before I turn the page, but then it's all neat and orderly. Which helps my OCD immensely. Plus, I have the satisfaction of having all my projects organized in thematic groups, and that's WAY helpful...

Governor

Deanna - don't forget it's 25 for each daily pic.

Happy Sunday and Do What You Luv Day (created by our fearless leader Pat)!

Already Sunday and still no LO from me - bad bad me. So I guess I need to see how much damage I can do today

Governor

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Ok. I'm getting ready to dig into my kit and start my weekly project. Let's see if I have the right stuff.

Stupid hostess with her stupid weekly challenge ideas. I don't know WHAT she was thinking.....

Boys and gold/lead colored metal bits and stuff that I know I did not pack...

Oh wait. Metal + alcohol ink. Maybe I can FAKE it to be a gold colored thing, maybe.

::rummaging through inks to see what's in there::

I'm sure working at the library you can get the secret recipe used by alchemists.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to boricuapr

Okay... thanks for all the help and lenient understanding! I promise to try to get it together next month. I will calculate my points correctly after the boys get breakfast... they are trying to convince me it should be fruit rollups... only 2 and 4 and THAT has already started!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

I started adding points last night bit was too descriptive in my signature... all that work... and then too many characters!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • under5feet Said:

I get around that by going straight to my "albums" section of my gallery. Yeah, I gotta look at it for a half-second before I turn the page, but then it's all neat and orderly. Which helps my OCD immensely. Plus, I have the satisfaction of having all my projects organized in thematic groups, and that's WAY helpful...

Yeah but it still shows up on the front/main page of your gallery doesn't it? I don't like that.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

Well, the alcohol ink worked, and my little silver toned heart earring is now gold.

It was an orphan that was in a bag of stuff that my sister picked up at an estate sale. She sifted through and took out all the "good" stuff and sent the discards my way. I threw MOST of them out, but this little one ... I dunno. I looked at it and thought, "I could do something with THAT, maybe."

That was at least four years ago.

Got papers cut to go with the Monthly Sketch #1, and I have a photo of hubby at the kitchen sink washing the dishes this morning, so I'll even be able to use it for my Project 52.

My Prima doily die ... not happy with it AT all. I spent a good while picking out the little bits, and there were several spots where it just did not cut the paper through. I marked it with a sharpie to use a heavy shim the next time I use it.

And the SONG part of things is proving to be a little unfriendly ... I'm going to have to study on it for a bit.

But the rest of it is going quite nicely. Of course, I've not actually started GLUING things just yet, but most of the scissor work is done.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

Yeah but it still shows up on the front/main page of your gallery doesn't it? I don't like that.

Yeah, but I close my eyes. LOL

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to Doreena

OH Happy Day By Teresakay

2/1 use truck +25
2/4 Do something you Love - scrapbooking and watching the first half of game at my parents my son always has people over for the super bowl . +25
12x12 - 10
stickers -+5 words, truck and border at bottom
title -10
diecuts -+3 points =27 for hearts,butterflies and scallop circles
patterned paper - 25
ink - 5
inking- 10
paper tearing - 10
3 banners cut by hand - 15
used 3 punches -butterfly-heart-scallop circle -15 or is it just 5 ?
items over a year old -10
1 pic - 5
1 -person - 5
pic I am in - 10
embellishment overlapping pic - 10
comments - 16
clean up - 5
update siggy 5
total - 248 Overall total -508

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Teresakay

Yes dear hostess those song titles are a bit unfriendly... or it could be that I am not a cupid fan... being an unromantic person.
I did, or will get it worked into my layout!! I found some perfect photos to use too!!!

I was telling my DGS that I was finally working on all these pages of his toddler years. He seemed quite happy but then it is hard to tell in a soon to be teen!

Coffee time is over, now to get to work!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Deanna that is one impressive kit!
There aught to be great things coming for everyone's kit!! So much to work with!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Doreena, I have learned to "hide" my daily photos in my gallery. Teresa or Kathy told me how. If you don't know where to look you can't find them just by going to my gallery......The images don't mess up the visual flow. The cards do that enough!!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Sewflake

Okay... Here is for my points up to last night. I am going to FINALLY try to do the daily challenge... maybe even attempt to start weekly 2. (Could I be so lucky to get some of the past dailys as well?

February AGC 2018 = 315 pts
Weekly 1 (200)
Photo 10, 23 (50)
LOVE 30 pts
Posts 30 pts
Ugly Challenge Swap 5 pts (link below)

https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1673...

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Yes dear hostess those song titles are a bit unfriendly... or it could be that I am not a cupid fan... being an unromantic person.
I did, or will get it worked into my layout!! I found some perfect photos to use too!!!

I was telling my DGS that I was finally working on all these pages of his toddler years. He seemed quite happy but then it is hard to tell in a soon to be teen!

Coffee time is over, now to get to work!!

Well, the thing is ... you can actually use either the title OR they lyrics to inspire your title.... I found the word "morning" in one of the songs.... It took a bit, but I'm using it!

Governor
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Doreena, I have learned to "hide" my daily photos in my gallery. Teresa or Kathy told me how. If you don't know where to look you can find them just by going to my gallery......The images don't mess up the visual flow. The cards do that enough!!

I give up, where are your pics?

Options all have MY in front of Images, Votes, etc. and I do not see MAIN anywhere on my screen, even though when I upload my pics I uncheck Main and select my Pic folder. That is why I delete my previous daily pics when I update my siggy.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
Okay... Here is for my points up to last night. I am going to FINALLY try to do the daily challenge... maybe even attempt to start weekly 2. (Could I be so lucky to get some of the past dailys as well?

February AGC 2018 = 315 pts
Weekly 1 (200)
Photo 10, 23 (50)
LOVE 30 pts
Posts 30 pts
Ugly Challenge Swap 5 pts (link below)

https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1673...

Nicely done.

Daily challenges can be done at any point during the month for 25 points. If you do them on the day they are posted ... like it's for Feburary 4 and you DO it on Feb 4, you get a 10 point bonus. But the 25 points are for the challenge itself.

And you can stack them ... As soon as I get done with my weekly project (probably later this afternoon - gads, I do love having a kit all ready to GO), then I'm going to do a card with a truck and pink paper. That'll be Daily 1 & 2, and I'll point up 50 points on one project. I won't get any bonus points because I'm doing them AFTER the daily posted dates of the 1st and 2nd.

Does that make sense?

It helps if you study the projects that other players post - because they put all their point structures with them, and that helps make sense of how to do it....

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
  • Sewflake Said:
Doreena, I have learned to "hide" my daily photos in my gallery. Teresa or Kathy told me how. If you don't know where to look you can find them just by going to my gallery......The images don't mess up the visual flow. The cards do that enough!!

I give up, where are your pics?

Options all have MY in front of Images, Votes, etc. and I do not see MAIN anywhere on my screen, even though when I upload my pics I uncheck Main and select my Pic folder. That is why I delete my previous daily pics when I update my siggy.

Try checking in her "counterfeit kit" photo set... ;-)

Cool idea, Sharon. And it makes sense.... I've been just grouping all the month photos together, and that's ok with me because that way I can find them for my Project 52...

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

I am starting on my second page for Feb but as usual am not going to have much time my daughter's car is still in the shop so she needs a ride to meet her boyfriend she is staying at my Mom's because it's close to her work and her boyfriend lives 45 minutes away so I have to go to Mom's and pick her up then take her to meet him and back to Mom's which will take time and she gets off work at 2 . So there goes at least 3 hours I planned to scrap was going to Mom's about 5 for the Super Bowl.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

Yeah, but I close my eyes. LOL

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to Doreena

I'm sure I missed something so I will back up and read.
AGC #10 FUNNY By Under5feet

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

So I am with you Doreen, dislike the non-project in with the los!

Pat love the idea of marking the dies with notes to self.

Sharon you say you can work magic and we have a way to get those photos out of our project gallery, sounds good to me!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

For today's daily challenge do we just DO what we love or actually scrap it? I haven't been able to scrap yet... that would be my thing I love... but I did get to skype with my hubby! I think I remembered to take a screen shot... do I use that to get my daily points?

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

I am keeping track of what photo prompt I use but notice you guys put the number of the prompt in your siggy. So like 1,2,3,4 meaning days I added a photo. Does it matter?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I use the numbers to remind me which prompt I have taken the photo for as by the end of the month I easily forget what I have done and what I have not!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I need to run out today and take a picture of that PINK house in the area!! Ugly - but it will be posted "out of order" so a 6 will go in my sig.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

To "hide" your daily photos you will need to pick one of the posts in your gallery that you would like to move all the daily photos to.

Under5feet-sorry I know your name but forgot it!!
Corky I got it!!

If you chose the sun-room photo, as it is the first of your monthly photos and a very pretty room....
click on that post in your gallery
click on edit
towards the lower left portion you will see - project grouping
click edit -
choose all the pictures you want to add by dragging and dropping in the box.
save changes.

Then every time you add a daily photos to your gallery you do have to edit the "main" post (sun-room) the same way. Once you get the hang of it it will take only a minute to do!!

Does that make sense?

Edited by Sewflake on 02-04-18 01:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to Sewflake

Did you guys do a sorting-&-storing cutting dies challenge last year? If so, could some one shoot me a link to the post so that I can steal your ideas? ;-)

My dies have reached a tipping point -- my old storage plan for them just isn't working anymore.

Thanks.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to ppilgrim

I don't remember it being a challenge but here is what I did for my dies. I have added more since then and still have room!!
die storage By Sewflake

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to ppilgrim

Wow! You all should be Super Bowling not chatting! I snuck a quick look in and it has taken me 15 minutes to go through the feed! I am at work Monday morning 8.12am.
I started my weekly last night. Struggled big time with kit papers - not boy at all - then changed to Mum - me and the 2 babes - then had to find lyrics that would work - lots of scouring! Now I just need to put it all together and stick it down when I get home at some time this evening.

Question - can the truck be in the photo?

Did do my round robin layout yesterday but can't post until Wednesday but maybe one of the dailies will match and I can use it here.
Have a lot of ATCs to complete so I need to work those in somehow.
Also this week is a dull and boring week so project 52 is going to be a struggle. Need to hope something cool happens other than mum's taxi!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Yesterday and today's photos. I have a layout too but forgot to add the points yet, I will have to do that and post the page in a bit.

The last of my chocolate frog the kids brought me from Universal studios. It was surprisingly good!!
#3 prompt
AGC Candy By Sewflake

#6 prompt
AGC Pepto Pink By Sewflake

50 points

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• kathylovestoscrap Said:
Wow! You all should be Super Bowling not chatting! I snuck a quick look in and it has taken me 15 minutes to go through the feed! I am at work Monday morning 8.12am.
I started my weekly last night. Struggled big time with kit papers - not boy at all - then changed to Mum - me and the 2 babes - then had to find lyrics that would work - lots of scouring! Now I just need to put it all together and stick it down when I get home at some time this evening.

Did do my round robin layout yesterday but can't post until Wednesday but maybe one of the dailies will match and I can use it here.
Have a lot of ATCs to complete so I need to work those in somehow.
Also this week is a dull and boring week so project 52 is going to be a struggle. Need to hope something cool happens other than mum's taxi!

IDC about the Super Bowl ... just the Half-Time cuz Justin Timberlake 💕💕💕💕

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I said I was going to drink coffee, scrap, and watch super bowl.
Done the first two and on to the last while I clean my room.

Weekly page -
Cupid Shot You! By Sewflake

25 Daily #4
10 for posting same day

200 Weekly #2

10 size
20 individual pearls
12 letters in title
2 flat stickers
21 small metal embellies
25 card stock
5 pp
5 song lyrics
10 colors ink
5 colors nuvo
30 created die-cuts
5 other challenges – machine cut
20 types of distressing, sanding and inking
5 stickles
5 pre printed journaling block
5 using metal
10 fussy cutting – I can’t stand white trim around my stickers – the main reason I don’t use them!!!
10 items over a year old – pictures printed 2006
10 creating own dies cuts
15 # of pictures
10 people in pictures
15 # of pic over 5 years old
5 rounding corners of pic
10 3+ photos
10 embellishment on photos
15 distressing edge of photo
20 comment posts in galleries
22 comment post in AGC
5 link product
5 update sig
5 clean up – today is the day

This post 587

total 1638

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Just turned on the super bowl with 37 minutes before kick off. Heck I will have time to get my studio cleaned and ready to start another page!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

WE have to WAIT all day for the super bowl to start and when you are staying home alone to watch well.....time drags and you chat!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
For today's daily challenge do we just DO what we love or actually scrap it? I haven't been able to scrap yet... that would be my thing I love... but I did get to skype with my hubby! I think I remembered to take a screen shot... do I use that to get my daily points?

It's a DO what you love day today. If that includes scrapping, then you get to take 25 points for doing that, whether you post anything or not. If it's a trail ride on your horse - which would be GREAT as far as I'm concerned but it's too freaking cold today (not for HER but for ME) - then that would be a 25 point activity. If it's watching the stupor bowl with your family, then 25 points for that.

Whatever it is. Just do it and then claim some points. It's actually more important to MAKE memories than it is to scrap them. So today is a memory making day.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:
I am keeping track of what photo prompt I use but notice you guys put the number of the prompt in your siggy. So like 1,2,3,4 meaning days I added a photo. Does it matter?

Nope. Does not matter in the least. As long as YOU keep track and don't do any repeats. ;-)

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:
Did you guys do a sorting-&-storing cutting dies challenge last year? If so, could some one shoot me a link to the post so that I can steal your ideas? ;-)

My dies have reached a tipping point -- my old storage plan for them just isn't working anymore.

Thanks.

If we did, it was before I was hosting. Teresa? Lyn? Anybody know?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• kathylovestoscrap Said:

Of course. :-)

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Well, with ALL the work we did on that spreadsheet and points list, we have a DUPLICATE...

There's 3 points for
preprinted ephemera type embellishments (computer printables, journaling cards, found relatives, etc)

And there's 5 points for
preprinted embellishments (does not include stickers, includes computer printables)

I think that we separated them somehow -- but I'm trying to remember just HOW we did it.

Let's do this ...

3 points for if it's a pre-packaged ephemera
5 points for you did a search and find and printed it yourself.

That's fair, yes?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Was one of those in points for everyone you used and the other in technique for actually using a pre-printed embellishment whether you have 1 or 20 on a page you only get 5 points??
IDK, it was just a thought. No knowing this point list as well as the last one it is hard to find where you see both options!

Whatever you want will work.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Was one of those in points for everyone you used and the other in technique for actually using a pre-printed embellishment whether you have 1 or 20 on a page you only get 5 points??
IDK, it was just a thought. No knowing this point list as well as the last one it is hard to find where you see both options!

Whatever you want will work.

No, they're both listed under items, and I FOUND it because I used packaged and computer printed both on my project today, so I was paying attention. The computer printed is worth more in my opinion - just because of the hassle of hunting, finding, printing, and then cutting out. But we have points for "scissors" so it's not worth THAT much more...

Anyway - that's what we'll do.
If it's already in a package it's 3 points.
If you generate the image it's 5 points.

I'm getting ready to put up an example.... And the sheet is definitely unfamiliar and a bit different, but it's also MUCH less complicated, I think.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

So this took me ALL DAY, but it was a fun project once I got going on it. I LOVED having my kit separated by preplanned pages because it saved me all kinds of decision making time! I was able to really CREATE rather than spend my time hunting and fussing and changing my mind ...

I did not like the flowers that I had planned to use on this project, so I ended up hand making some little wind up roses, which I haven't done in AGES, and they were really the perfect touch, and I'm so glad that I had time to do them. I also was able to take the time to shorten the chain on the recycled earring so that it fit better. And I love what the alcohol ink did to the color.

The Cupid image was a complete accident! I had pulled the Pink Paislee papers because of the butterflies, and I wasn't even paying attention to the images on the "ephemera" paper, just that it had butterflies and was part of the set. When I got to studying it ... well, that was kind of cool that it was there, but DEFINITELY NOT PLANNED, I PROMISE!

FUN day!

WEEKLY CHALLENGE #1 Specs
1. Topic : Significant Other
2. Song Title Inspiration : Stupid Cupid (The lyrics have the words "every morning" which I morphed to MORNING RITUALS.)
3. I used wings, hearts, Cupid image, gold & lead colored metal in the earring & heart brads, and Times New Roman font in the title.
4. "Irresistible" is up in my journaling.

~ Morning Rituals ~ By GentlewoodFarms

PROJECT SIZE POINTS ~
10 for 1 12x12 (144 and up square inches)

1 POINT ITEMS ~
8 for 8 small brads
5 for 5 small single layer prepackaged flowers (small silk whites)
3 for 3 individual jewels
14 for 14 letters and/or number used in title only
108 for 108 number of hand stitches
1 for 1 individual flat stickers

3 POINT ITEMS ~
3 for 1 preprinted packaged ephemera type embellishments (cold cream circle)

5 POINT ITEMS ~
30 for 6 patterned papers used
5 for 1 types of ribbon or trim
5 for 1 types of floss or thread
5 for 1 number of large featured metal embellishments
15 for 3 number of fancy dimensional flowers (yellow Petaloos)
10 for 2 colors of ink
5 for 1 colors of mist
5 for 1 colors of powder (mica)
10 for 2 dimensional die-cut shapes (Dusty Attic leaves)
45 for 9 personally created die-cuts (2 doilies, 5 wind up roses, two circular mats under ephemera pictures)
20 for 4 personally printed ephemera type embellishments (3 butterflies, 1 February Calendar)
25 for 5 number of SB.com (with specs) challenges your project is entered into (non specific challenges excluded - volume, hoarders, budget, vlb )
~ Monthly Sketch, Boys Only, Music, Not Squared, Foodie (he's washing eggs, which we eat)

10 POINT ITEMS ~
90 for 9 number of handmade flowers (5 roses, 4 others)
40 for 4 types of distressing (inked, sanded, curled edges, tattered edges)
10 for 1 number of non-traditional scrapbook items (earring)
40 for 4 number of HAND cut elements (3 butterflies, 1 cupid image)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
5 for using paint, mist, stickles, or glitter
5 for using alcohol inks
5 for having more than one font in title
5 for using a punch
5 for using a computer generated or preprinted journaling block or journaling strips
5 for using metal anywhere on your project
5 for MONTHLY THEME ~ for using one of the following themes : ROMANCE

10 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
10 for fussy cutting
10 for piecework assembly (putting together any embellishment made of multiple paper layers)
10 for using items from your stash that are OVER 1 year old
10 for creating your own die-cut elements (Big Shot)
10 for using a sketch
~ Monthly Sketch Challenge, Sketch #1
20 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
20 for REPURPOSING (old earring)

PICTURE ITEM POINTS ~
5 for 1 number of photos
5 for 1 number of unique persons or animals in all photos combined
5 for 1 number of photos less than one month old
10 for 1 number of photos larger than 4x6
10 for 1 number of photos taken in the past 24 hours (taken this morning!)

PICTURE TECHNIQUE POINTS ~
10 for WRITING ON or having an EMBELLISHMENT ON or OVERLAPPING the picture
15 for distressing the edges of your PHOTO (with something besides ink - I sanded the photo edges)

JOURNALING POINTS ~
25 for computer generating your journaling
25 for journaling in your gallery description

ADDITIONAL POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
38 for 19 each comment you post in a gallery here on SB.com.
82 for 41 each post in the Anything Goes Forum since your last project post. (Do not include project posts!)
~ last project post on page 4, daily photo 2, Feb 2
5 for cleaning up your mess and putting your supplies away after completing the posted project
5 for updating your siggy-points & layouts info immediately after posting your project

AGC SPECIFIC POINTS ~
50 for 2 number of AGC Daily Challenges (#3, #4)
85 for ~ Bonus Points ~ Daily #4 on 2-4, Weekly turned in to Music Challenge, Daily#3 turned into Foodie
200 for AGC Weekly Challenge #1
100 for 1 number of ACG Project 52 Layouts (Week #6)

1292 ~ TOTAL POINTS THIS POST
250 ~ CURRENT TOTAL
1542 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Bless you in those hand stitches, that is one thing I have figured I would NOT be doing often.... love your row of hearts and roses!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Bless you in those hand stitches, that is one thing I have figured I would NOT be doing often.... love your row of hearts and roses!!

Yeah, the sketch called for that big photo mat, but I didn't want to cover up the base paper, so I had to revision that part of things - how to create the space while leaving it clear to the pretty paper and since I didn't have a TRANSPARENCY (note to self ... ) I had to go with what I had, which was thread.

It wasn't that hard. I have a little StampinUp tool that has pre-marked holes with a ruler guide which makes things go really fast. Punch a bunch of holes and then just thread through them. Took maybe 15 minutes start to finish maybe? But the last hole at the top of the little cupid was an coming to the front hole, so I had to fake a stitch underneath him and come out on the other side. It doesn't really SHOW, but I know it's there, and that's kind of annoying. OCD raises its ugly head ...

The STUPIDEST part is that about a full third of them don't even show because they're under all those flowers. And there's a piece of doily under there that isn't showing either. You can see just the tiniest peek of it at the bottom of the little calendar. LOL

Governor

Lately, when non-scrappy friends come and spend vacations with us, we'll usually spend the last day doing their laundry and I'll help them make an album, I usually lay out the pics (grouped) in page order. So tonight I had that V-8 moment and I'm spending time doing that process for my cruise. Good thing I've got my own scrap room and a long wall. So far I've picked @ 30 pics for the album and added embellies I want to use with the pages. Now to pic the BGPs and accent papers for @ 20 layouts and make sure facing pages are compatible and have to remember to add finished layouts in correct sequence.

BTW Pat - I'll never scrap a pic within 24 hours, I don't have a color printer so I'm lucky to scrap it within a year lol!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ DAILY CHALLENGE ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

FEBRUARY 5

It's WORLD NUTELLA DAY!

So I have a confession to make. I did not discover Nutella until I went to Italy in 2012. Yes, I was a full fledged retired adult before I ever tried the stuff, and I suppose that Italy was the best place to be introduced to the concoction, since it was originally created in Italy.

It is often said that necessity is the mother of invention and adding hazelnuts when cocoa is hard to come by may have been an Italian trick during hard times. In the 1800s, in the northern Italian city of Piedmont, they made a paste of chocolate and hazelnuts at a time when the nuts were abundant, but the cocoa was not.

At the end of World War II, cocoa was once again difficult to come by. Pastry Maker, Pietro Ferrero, made loaves of this sweet paste and called it Giandujot. Soon after, the Ferrero Company was founded on May 14, 1946. It wasn’t until 1951 that Ferrero made the paste into a spreadable form. We wouldn’t even recognize the spread by name until 1964 when Ferrero’s son Michele gave the jar of creamy hazelnut and cocoa the name Nutella.

And yes, this is the same company that makes those delicious bite sized bits of heavenly delight - Ferrero Rocher. Mmmm, delicious. Oh, and yes, I'm an addict now.

~ Use a Nutella brown colored product on your project today. Add 25 bonus points if it's gooey as well.

~ Have fun~

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Lately, when non-scrappy friends come and spend vacations with us, we'll usually spend the last day doing their laundry and I'll help them make an album, I usually lay out the pics (grouped) in page order. So tonight I had that V-8 moment and I'm spending time doing that process for my cruise. Good thing I've got my own scrap room and a long wall. So far I've picked @ 30 pics for the album and added embellies I want to use with the pages. Now to pic the BGPs and accent papers for @ 20 layouts and make sure facing pages are compatible and have to remember to add finished layouts in correct sequence.

So you're making a mega kit for your cruise.
Cool. You have plenty of practice! LOL

BTW Pat - I'll never scrap a pic within 24 hours, I don't have a color printer so I'm lucky to scrap it within a year lol!!

I could not manage without mine. It's miles and miles to the nearest photo development center, and I save a fortune by getting to pick and choose which photos I want printed and I get to crop and print them in whatever size I want and don't pay extra for bigger prints.

I think everybody needs a color printer. It's a scrapbooking necessity tool. MY opinion as always.

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

I'm home from watching the Super Bowl left after half time ...I did get one page finished today just now but gonna have to post it tomorrow time for bed ...Have a good night Ladies .

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

I am to the point of matting photos and creating a title for my weekly LO. BUT I am still getting the boys to sleep.... Stinkers!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

Here is my third daily photo

#26 Surprise

February AGC Daily Photo Prompt #26 (Surprise) By Deanna Schuler

25 more points
(will update when I post my LO later!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Wow we go away for one evening and you guys explode with chatter! Took me forever to catch up! LOL! But I think I have ideas for all the challenges so far!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to Scrapanda

Wow I just bought a jar of Nutella - $5 for 750g - bargain! I need to find the photos of my son with his nuttela jar from last year and do a nutella page!

Governor
In response to Scrapanda

Glad I caught myself before login off.

Daily 4, luv, chatter and siggy = 70
Daily pic 21 - lips = 25
Both DD and DS decided we needed new coffee mugs. I opened one box and DH opened the other and boy we all got a laugh seeing them together. Gotta luv the lips!

Daily pic 21 - lips By Boricuapr

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
Wow we go away for one evening and you guys explode with chatter! Took me forever to catch up! LOL! But I think I have ideas for all the challenges so far!

Yup. That's how we do.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

Here is my Week 2 LO

I am going to try to do what I am supposed to here... I will update my signature next.

For the following Challenges:
February AGC Week 2
February Music Challenge
Foodie Challenge
Scraplift person before ( justLyn : Something to Crow About)

Journaling:
I LOVE how this cure boy approached his cake. He waited until I cut him an actual slice before REALLY digging in!

Give It a Try - February AGC Week 2 By Deanna Schuler

PROJECT SIZE POINTS ~
10 for 1 12x12 (144 and up square inches)
4 for 4 small brads
10 for 10 letters and/or number used in title only
1 for 1 number of scraps used (from your leftover scraps stash, not from this project)
6 for 2 dimensional or layered stickers (chipboard, layered transparent, etc. Do not double count as letters in title)
10 for 2 patterned papers used (including scraps)
15 for 3 card stocks used (including scraps)
5 for 1 song lyrics
5 for 1 colors of stickles, glitter glue, nuvo drops, flower soft, etc.
15 for 3 number of SB.com (with specs) challenges your project is entered into (non specific challenges excluded - volume, hoarders, budget, vlb )
10 for 1 number of transparencies, acrylic shapes, overlays, or other clear items used on your project
30 for 3 number of HAND cut elements (ones that YOU cut out with SCISSORS)
5 for 1 using paint, mist, stickles, or glitter
20 for 2 fussy cutting
10 for 1 using items from your stash that are OVER 1 year old
10 for 1 using a HANDWRITTEN journaling block or strips
10 for 1 scraplifting a member of sb.com (link to the lift required)
4 for 20 number of photos (4 pics = 20 pts.)
1 for 5 number of unique persons or animals in all photos combined (4 photos of the same person = 5 points)
2 for 20 number of photos with NO people or animals in it
2 for 20 number of photos larger than 4x6
5 for 1 rounding (or punching) the corners of your picture
10 for 1 single page LO with 3+ photos
10 for 1 WRITING ON or having an EMBELLISHMENT ON or OVERLAPPING the picture
1 for 2 Handwritten journaled words up to 100
1 for 2 Total Handwritten journaled words
25 for 1 25 points for journaling in your gallery description
6 for 12 each comment you post in a gallery here on SB.com.
4 for 8 each post in the Anything Goes Forum since your last project post. (Do not include project posts!)
5 for including technique information in your gallery post with your project
5 for including product information (by linking or by name) in your gallery with your project
5 for cleaning up your mess and putting your supplies away after completing the posted project
5 for updating your siggy-points & layouts info immediately after posting your project
2 for 50 number of AGC Daily Challenges (# 3,4)
1 60 ~ Bonus Points ~ include number of comments here again when awarding double comment points
1 for 200 AGC Weekly Challenge #2 (enter 200 points)

712 ~ TOTAL POINTS THIS POST
315 ~ CURRENT TOTAL

1027 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Deanna ~

That looks pretty much the way it's done. You already look like a pro, so I'm gonna quit treating you like a newbie and just tell you that I'm here if you have ANY questions.

Welcome to the fun. :-)

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

nutella is not a favorite but gooey messy is!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I have to take time out from scrapping to pay a few bills before the mailman shows up!
I hate to stop when the mojo is flowing but some things have to take priority!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

Yeah - I know what you mean. I have to go back to work today, and it's 12 degrees out there. Which, I suppose is ok, because my song for the song inspiration challenge has some "freeze me in my tracks" in the lyrics, so maybe I can DO something with that.

I took this photo yesterday, and scrapped it yesterday, but forgot to load it into my daily photo gallery, so that's what I'm doing right now. Then it's off to the post office to get some little boxes and my ugly papers postal.

You all have some fun and try not to get too rowdy today! See you when I see you!

Prompt #13 ~ BFF By GentlewoodFarms

25 points.
Updated Total = 1567

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

Yesterday's photo # 22 Simple

As if there were not enough obstacles to keeping up my journal, kittens wanting attention think it is a waste of my time! Sherlock's SIMPLE solution: sit on it.

AGC February Photos By JustLyn

Today's photo #20 Little Things

AGC February Photos By JustLyn

We have been working on this bathroom since October. We had some slight water damage after Irma, but decided it was a good excuse to make some changes we'd been thinking about. We took a break for holidays and some dental work, but we are now down to just little things. Everything seems to take so much longer than it used to.

and finally my weekly #2
topic: boy
Title inspiration from Cupid Shuffle lyrics (do your dance)
3 things: arrows, stars, hearts
word love in title

I love to see you do your dance By JustLyn

1 12 x 12 = 10
24 letters and/or numbers used in title 24
89 number of hand stitches 89
3 number of scraps used 3
3 card stocks 15
4 patterned papers 20
1 song lyrics 5
1 Types of ribbon 5
2 Types of floss/thread 10
1 colors of washi tape 5
3 number of stamped images on your project 15
5 colors of ink 25
12 personally created die-cut shapes 60
4 number of SB.com challenges (with specs) your project is created for 20
(do over, music, die cutters, monthly sketch)
1 number of masks used 10
1 number of specialty papers used 10
1 types of distressing 10
1 more than one font in title 5
1 use a punch 5
1 stash 1+ year old 10
1 handwritten journaling block or strips 10
1 created own die cut elements 10
1 used a sketch - with link 10 - monthly sketch #2
2 number of pictures 10
1 number of unique persons/animals in all photos combined 5
2 pictures over 5 years old 10
1 embellishment overlaps photo 10
21 Handwritten journaled Words Up to 100 42
1 Journaling in gallery description 25
1 linked product information 5
1 cleaned up my mess 5
1 update siggy & LO info immediately after posting project 5
1 Weekly challenge 200

Total for Project 703

beginning points:
+50 - 2 daily photos
+35 - daily Feb 4 do something I love - scrapped most of the day, and even finished a LO the same day I started it!! with same day bonus
+703 - LO do your dance
new total: 1063

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

I'm a little confused here. These two seem to contradict each other. #1 says it need to be posted by Saturday night, while #4 says anytime your get around to posting it. Because I do mine as a recap of the whole week Sunday through Saturday, #1 won't be possible for me. Hoping this is me misreading it.

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ PROJECT 52 CHALLENGE~ * ~ * ~ * ~

THE PROJECT 52 CHALLENGE IS WORTH 100 POINTS FOR EACH WEEKLY LAYOUT SUBMITTED DURING THE CURRENT WEEK.

~ 1. The weeks for this challenge are fluid. I don’t intend to check your photo dates or your layout dates. If you take a photo on a Saturday and want to put it in the next week’s project - well, it’s totally your call. It’s YOUR project for YOUR year. But for AGC documenting purposes, we’ll say Sunday to Saturday. Which means you need to post a Project 52 layout each week by Saturday night in order to claim points. Does that make sense?

~ 4. Don't get Project 52 confused with the Weekly Challenge. You are not required to post a Project 52 layout each week. I know that real life has a nasty way of getting IN the way, and we often scrapbook in fits and starts because that's the way our lives allow us to do it. You can take 100 points for a Project 52 layout anytime you get around to posting it. HOWEVER, if you want to take weekly challenge points for it, it has to be done in accordance with the Weekly Challenge specs. Hope that makes sense.

I'm sure I'm just being dense here, but can someone please tell me what a found relative is?

• Quote:
for preprinted ephemera type embellishments (computer printables, journaling cards, found relatives, etc.)

Hope everyone's week is off to a wonderful start!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to justLyn

Lyn I have wondered too what "found relatives" was!! I havn't lost any!!!
I do get a chuckle out of that every time I read it in the list!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Beautiful stitching on your layout by the way!!!
Envious!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Sewflake

Just going to sneak in the 50 points here for adding my weekly to the music challenge.

Sharon, I seem to remember a quilt photo in your gallery that had me quite envious! Thank you for the compliment. That stitch is really just a variation on a simple chain stitch. The pearl cotton floss gives it a polished look.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to justLyn

Yes, but hand stitching on paper is not easy to do straight, unless you have one of the guides that helps with the hole punching.
I think I recently got rid of mine because I never used it!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

It was a profitable time spend taking care of bills. I called on one of the charges for dh medical bills as their bill showed no secondary insurance. Sure enough they did not have us with secondary but our primary knew we did and they sent it on to the secondary which paid the bill.... Do I go shopping with the savings??

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Today's photo picture - prompt #17
Guilty pleasures
AGC - guilty pleasures By Sewflake

25 points
20 thread comments
16 gallery comments
5 update sig

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim

I want purple hair! That is just such a cool look and it'll totally freak out all my relatives. The kids'll like it though :-) What the heck, eh? I'm 58 years old, my hair's been grey for 20 years and -- as of Oct 2nd, 2017 -- I'm single! :-)

Yep, all y'all are a bad influence and I LOVE it!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to ppilgrim

I will applaud you pilgrim! That is a cool shade of purple. I wonder if my DIL would dye my hair....... not on your life, then I would have to listen to dh for a whole year before it grew out again!!!
With a smile at the end of your statement I assume being single again is a good thing!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:
I want purple hair! That is just such a cool look and it'll totally freak out all my relatives. The kids'll like it though :-) What the heck, eh? I'm 58 years old, my hair's been grey for 20 years and -- as of Oct 2nd, 2017 -- I'm single! :-)

Do it... it's so fun! My daughter had purple hair once too and I loved it... it was my favorite shade on her. If you're worried, just try the washable kind first. I have 3 shades on my hair right now: pink, lavender, and a white/ gray (I mean besides my regular brown, LOL) and I love it! It's a color butter so the intensity isn't as bright but it's still really pretty! I uploaded a new profile photo so you can see it... though the photo doesn't do it justice!
I prefer the shampoos and butters, cuz paying to put the color in is expensive and fades quick. With the butters and shampoos, each time you use them the color redeposits so the more you use the deeper the color gets!

Oh but remember if you do it you have to bleach your hair blonde first. But once you bleach it blonde you can add ANY color!

Edited by Doreena on 02-05-18 11:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to Doreena

Hmmn. I'll check with Robin about what bleaching my hair from boring grey to totally white will do to my scalp. I'm not quite as ready to "suffer for beauty" as I once was. I can't afford to do it this month but, by the time March arrives, I'll be going stir-crazy enough that I might just do it!

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to ppilgrim

So, I found the themes-of-the-month post and I was wondering if it's OK to post a book-themed layout to this challenge, even if I didn't use my kit to make it. It's one of my separate stash-busting projects, using October Afternoon's Public Library line. I'm not playing for points, just trying to shop my stash.

As for the pet theme, no worries, that's my default ;-)

Romance?! Uh, I'll pass thanks, unless I can find a nice photo of puppies smooching or something like that.

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to ppilgrim

D awesome change to the avatar! Rocking the look.
JCI. Will upload my weekly tonight. Got it done. Not thrilled with it but it is what it is.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Just a layout
Daily #5 - gooey brown

Brave By Sewflake

10 size
6 photo corners
7 small brads
1 small flat flower
23 small individual pearls
5 title
3 scraps
3 pre printed embellishments
15 card stock
15 PP
5 quote
5 ribbon
5 fancy flower
20 colors of ink
10 colors of paste
10 colors of nuvo
25 personal created die cut
5 other challenges – machine cuts
30 types of distressing – inking, sanding, frying
5 stickles
5 one word title
5 punch
5 computer journal strips
10 rust paste
10 items over 1 year old
10 creating die cuts - Silhouette
15 number of photos
10 people in photos
15 photos older than 5 years
10 single with 3+ photos
10 embellie overlap
15 distressing edges of pics
124 journal words
25 computer generating journaling
25 journaling in gallery discrip
2 comments points
5 techno
5 product links
5 update sig

25 daily #5
25 bonus for gooey messy brown
10 within 24 hour

this page 579
G total 2,283

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

I'm about 20 minutes from getting off work, but I think I have time to answer the two questions that I saw while I skimmed real quick.

#1. Found relatives. They're a Tim Holtz thing ...

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok. So now that I'm home and have dinner (leftovers) warming on the stove, I have a minute to sit and really focus.

I remember what I was thinking when I did that Project 52 set of instructions, and somewhere in that thought process, the weekly challenge and the Project 52 challenge got cobbled together in my head because in JANUARY that's how we were doing them. So some of what I put in there was January relative, and much of it has nothing to do with anything that's happening now.

So ... Let me see if I can redo the whole thing here and then I'll edit it on the front page.

~ 1. The weeks for this challenge are fluid. I don’t intend to check your photo dates or your layout dates. If you take a photo on a Saturday and want to put it in the next week’s project - well, it’s totally your call. It’s YOUR project for YOUR year. But for AGC documenting purposes, we’ll say Sunday to Saturday. And - to help us all stay motivated to keep caught up - the only Project 52 projects that you can point for the month are for weeks that occur during this month. You are free to post Project 52 layouts for other weeks and take regular points for them, but you can't take Project 52 points. Hope that makes sense.

~ 2. The photo or photos on your layout have to have been taken during a unique week in February. Again - we’re not building a house here. Close enough to close enough is close enough. The main idea is to get into the ballpark for each week. You are free to use any photo and any topic you wish - as long as it is a 2018 photograph or photographs taken during ONE un-previously documented week of February of 2018.

~ 3. In each Weekly Challenge, I’ll be adding a twist - a little something to boost you creatively and give you some incentive to push your Weekly Challenge over into the Project 52 realm. Whether or not you choose to play that twist it totally up to you. There’s no bonus or additional points for doing so. I’m just hoping that it will inspire you and encourage you to keep up with your 2018 project.
** NOTE TO SELF ~ Well, THAT didn't happen this week. Pay attention from here on out! **

~ 4. Don't get Project 52 confused with the Weekly Challenge. You are not required to post a Project 52 layout each week. I know that real life has a nasty way of getting IN the way, and we often scrapbook in fits and starts because that's the way our lives allow us to do it. You can take 100 points for a Project 52 layout anytime you get around to posting it. HOWEVER, if you want to take weekly challenge points for it, it has to be done in accordance with the Weekly Challenge specs. Hope that makes sense.

~ 5. Because it's more fluid, you can post more than one Project 52 layout at a time, but try to limit the number in each post to two. It just helps the rest of us stay caught up with our loving sprinkles.

There. That says what I was thinking. Thanks for helping me sort my thinking process, Lyn. Hope this makes sense to everyone!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:

Well, in that case you NEED purple hair, girlfriend. Like a celebration of sorts, right? No time like the present!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:
So, I found the themes-of-the-month post and I was wondering if it's OK to post a book-themed layout to this challenge, even if I didn't use my kit to make it. It's one of my separate stash-busting projects, using October Afternoon's Public Library line. I'm not playing for points, just trying to shop my stash.

As for the pet theme, no worries, that's my default ;-)

Romance?! Uh, I'll pass thanks, unless I can find a nice photo of puppies smooching or something like that.

You can post whatever you want to this challenge, hence the name ANYTHING goes! We'd love to see your book themed project, and the ony things that are supposed to come from your counterfeit kit are the weekly challenges. One a week. The rest is a free for all. :-)

Hope that makes sense!

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

Jocelyn

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Sharing
Shopping! By Scrapanda

Daily #1 - car
Mustang By Scrapanda

Sharing
Me & My Best Friend By Scrapanda

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to Scrapanda

My daily photo, so far 5 for 5! I have to say I hate my hands, I always say they are 10 years older than I am!

AGC #27 OOPS By Under5feet

Edited by under5feet on 02-05-18 07:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

By the way, I can't believe no one mentioned the big GAME (not that I saw). It was so exciting and I am so glad the Eagles won. When the ball was knocked out of Brady's hand that was such an awesome play! I'm still excited and by the way I don't even like football!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:
My daily photo, so far 5 for 5! I have to say I hate my hands, I always say they are 10 years older than I am!

AGC #27 OOPS By Under5feet

So you're .... twelve?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:
By the way, I can't believe no one mentioned the big GAME (not that I saw). It was so exciting and I am so glad the Eagles won. When the ball was knocked out of Brady's hand that was such an awesome play! I'm still excited and by the way I don't even like football!

Well, we kind of talked about it in THEORY, but as far as really TALKING about it, we didn't. I think most of us were either watching or scrapping. It wasn't really quiet here so much yesterday as ... occupied with other things.

Glad your team won. And I KNOW wno Brady is ... theoretically.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

And the RAKS are postal. They felt a little skimpy to me this month, but I hope everybody likes stamps because that was the destash-ify project for this month.

Don't get all excited until you see them. Then you can have fun using them - either on projects or as wood kindling in your fireplaces.

LOL

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics