Username Post: ~ FEBRUARY ~ Anything Goes Challenge        (Topic#1673555)
Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Football is only as exciting as the last play, then it is over and on to something else...but yes I too was glad the Eagles won! I do enjoy football, especially with scrapping! It gives me something to do during all the commercials and time outs!!!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

I am leaving this here quickly... because once again my youngest isn't letting me get this done... just wanted it posted before Midnight for the daily points... I used Nutella Brown!

It would have posted before Midnight ... had my computer not restarted! I will be back to edit this post and my signature with points!

I had to cover some kids faces... they aren't my kids I don't feel right posting them on the internet without permission!

Best of Friends By Deanna Schuler

UPDATED to include point breakdown:

PROJECT SIZE POINTS ~
10 for 1 12x12 (144 and up square inches)
1 POINT ITEMS ~
2 for 2 buttons
5 for 5 individual flat stickers (do not double count letters used in title)
1 for 1 number of scraps used (from your leftover scraps stash, not from this project)
3 POINT ITEMS ~
3 for 1 decorative metal embellishments (small charms, large paper clips, metal tags, etc.)
6 for 2 dimensional or layered stickers (chipboard, layered transparent, etc. Do not double count as letters in title)
5 POINT ITEMS ~
15 for 3 patterned papers used (including scraps)
5 for 1 card stocks used (including scraps)
5 for 1 song lyrics
10 for 2 types of ribbon or trim
5 for 1 types of floss or thread
5 for 1 dimensional die-cut shapes (laser cuts, chipboard pieces, Dusty Attic, BoBunny, etc.)
5 for 1 swap items sent to you that you include on your project (Ugly Papers can be counted as a single swap)
10 for 2 number of SB.com (with specs) challenges your project is entered into (non specific challenges excluded - volume, hoarders, budget, vlb )
10 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for 1 number of transparencies, acrylic shapes, overlays, or other clear items used on your project
5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
1 for 5 using speciality paper (glittered, foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, velvet, burlap,canvas, enameled, cardboard, vinyl, etc.)
1 for 5 using metal anywhere on your project
10 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
1 for 10 fussy cutting
1 for 10 using items from your stash that are OVER 1 year old
1 for 10 using a HANDWRITTEN journaling block or strips
PICTURE ITEM POINTS ~
(5 POINTS)
30 for 6 number of photos (4 pics = 20 pts.)
40 for 8 number of unique persons or animals in all photos combined (4 photos of the same person = 5 points)
(10 POINTS)
10 for 1 number of photos larger than 4x6
(10 POINTS)
1 for 10 single page LO with 3+ photos
1 for 10 WRITING ON or having an EMBELLISHMENT ON or OVERLAPPING the picture
JOURNALING POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
10 for 5 Handwritten journaled words up to 100
(25 POINTS)
1 for 25 25 points for computer generating your journaling
1 for 25 25 points for journaling in your gallery description
ADDITIONAL POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
20 for 10 each comment you post in a gallery here on SB.com.
4 for 2 each post in the Anything Goes Forum since your last project post. (Do not include project posts!)
(10 points)
for 10 creating and exchanging a swap item. (Swap group link required. Ugly Papers may count as ONE swap)
AGC SPECIFIC POINTS ~
25 for 1 number of AGC Daily Challenges (# list which ones here!)
10 for ~ Bonus Points ~
for AGC Weekly Challenge # (enter 200 points)
0 for number of ACG Project 52 Layouts
for AGC Monthly Challenge (enter 1000)

433 ~ TOTAL POINTS THIS POST
1027 ~ CURRENT TOTAL

1460 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 02-05-18 10:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Deanna Schuler

I think I missed posting my daily photo...I uploaded picture but forgot to link it.

Fourth Daily Photo: #20 Little Things

February AGC Daily Photo Prompt #20 (Little Things) By Deanna Schuler

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

I think I am using the spread sheet incorrectly... I can't figure out which side to put number of points and which to put the number of times I earned them... so I need to sit down tomorrow and make sure I am tallying points correctly... I don't want to be calculating too much OR too few.

I did update my signature with the amount I THINK I earned... but Something seems off!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Here we go! By Kathylovestoscrap

My weekly project - Used Cupid Shuffle - Lyrics - Here we Go
Theme - mother
hearts
stars
arrows
Used only my kit - hence no distress inks!

bonus- entered in music challenge - 50
12 x 12 - 10
4 jewels - 4
8 letters - 8
patterned paper - 20
card - 5
song lyrics - 5
personally cut dies - 95
Music challenge - 5
die cut machine challenge - 5
distressing - 10
hand cut elements - banners - 100
doodling - 5
handwritten journal block -10
creating own die cut elements - 100
photo - 5
people - 15
photo less than month - 5
number of photo with me - 10
larger than 4 x 6 - 10
writing / embellishment on photo - 10
handwritten words - 54
journaling in gallery description - 25
link products - 5
siggy - 5

Total - 686

Overall - 2798

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to kathylovestoscrap

Woops posts points - 10
SB comments - - 18

Overall - 2826

Love the first page Pat with the RAK gallery. Sad face - not listed as a player.

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to boricuapr

Week 4 of Project Life By Julie101

20 Points 12x24
2 Points for staples
5 Points title
46 Points for stickers
60 Points for cs and pp used
21 Points die cuts
85 Points die cuts Cameo
10 Points hand cut embellishments
5 Points punch
50 Points old items everything but photos
10 Points for journaling block
10 Points own die cuts
70 Points for photos
70 Points less than a month old
30 Points people and animals
10 Points me
40 Points no people or animals
10 Point double layout with 7 or more photos
10 Points overlapping
178 Points journaling
25 Points over 100 words
48 Points for comments left
5 Points product info
5 Points siggy up date
5 Points clean up

Total 880

Edited by julie101 on 02-06-18 02:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ DAILY CHALLENGE ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

FEBRUARY 6

It's NATIONAL LAME DUCK DAY!

NATIONAL LAME DUCK DAY

The term “lame duck” originated as a description of stockbrokers in 1700s England who could not pay off their debts. The name later carried over to those in business who, while known to be bankrupt, would continue to do business. In politics a lame duck is a person currently holding a political office who has either:
~ lost a re-election bid
~ chosen not to seek another term
~ been prevented from running for re-election due to a term limit
~ holds a position that has been eliminated

Prior to the ratification of the 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution, there was for Congress a 13-month delay between election day and the day the newly elected officials took office. In the case of a lame duck, this was a 13 month notice his or her job was terminating crippling their influence. Hence the ‘lame’ or injured duck.

An awful lot of people are confused as to just what is meant by a lame duck Congress. It’s like where some fellows worked for you and their work wasn’t satisfactory and you let ’em out, but after you fired ’em, you let ’em stay long enough so they could burn your house down. – Will Rogers

The same applied to the president. The 20th Amendment changed the date the newly elected president took office from March 4th to January 20th. During a lame duck session, members of Congress are no longer accountable to their constituents. It is possible for their focus to switch to more personal gain instead of acting on behalf of their constituents with an eye toward re-election. The 20th Amendment shortened this period from 13 months to 2 months.

While lame duck sessions still occur (20 such sessions have occurred since the amendment took effect in 1935), there is less time for sweeping legislation to be approved. Even so, lame duck Congresses have declared war, impeached a president, censured a senator and passed the Homeland Security Act among other actions.

It is also considered a time when the peaceful transition of power occurs. Preparations take place for the out-going president to leave office and the newly elected president to take over the role.

~ 25 points for using feathers on your project today. 50 points if you use actual DUCK ones. I may stop by the city park today and do a little feather collecting. All I have are chicken and guinea ones....

~ Have fun~

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• kathylovestoscrap Said:
Woops posts points - 10
SB comments - - 18

Overall - 2826

Love the first page Pat with the RAK gallery. Sad face - not listed as a player.

Not yet you're not. Because I just GOT here and your project wasn't posted yet. I'm on that RIGHT NOW! Patience, Grasshopper!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
I think I am using the spread sheet incorrectly... I can't figure out which side to put number of points and which to put the number of times I earned them... so I need to sit down tomorrow and make sure I am tallying points correctly... I don't want to be calculating too much OR too few.

I did update my signature with the amount I THINK I earned... but Something seems off!

I don't know what kind of spreadsheet everyone uses, so the instructions for the one that is posted may or may not WORK in your system.

The EASIEST thing to do is to choose

FILE
and then DOWNLOAD

That way it goes into your own computer intact.

If you have a GOOGLE profile, you can - I THINK -
FILE
MAKE A COPY
and then
SAVE that copy to your own Google Drive

If you do either of those, all the information about which cells to enter your data into and what data goes in there SHOULD stay intact.

If you only copied the information from columns A-D into your spreadsheet, you need to go back and copy the entire sheet as your original master so you have all the information you need.

It's all there - what to do, what to put where, up in the five steps listed under the spreadsheet title and in the shaded boxes at the top of each point sets group.

But typically - ITEMS go into column C and TECHNIQUES into column A. For TECHNIQUES put the value of the technique, not a 1, into the shaded column A, and leave column C empty.

Let me know if this helped or just added more confusion to the mix.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to under5feet

• under5feet Said:
Jocelyn

Corky - I DO love your randomness. But I'm often left

So I give up. What's Jocelyn?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

And last night I created a cute little pink and brown pick-up truck from cardstock and patterned paper. ... Dailies 1, 2, and 5 all in one fell swoop.

But I have NO idea what I plan to DO with the little darling. Stay tuned.

I'm off to work for the day. Won't be home until 8p, but the library I'm working at is notorious for down time, so I should be able to be around.... Let me know if you need me, but in the mean time, try not to get into too much trouble.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

Very funny, Pat! Seeing multiple pics of my hands in the thread is scary!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Not getting into trouble here, just wrestling with my Silhouette this morning!!

Enjoy your day at work......
for all of you that work
out side the home!!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Sewflake

FEATHERS! You have GOT to be kidding me... Feathers... (I have to have some somewhere... I am a teacher... I collect weird things... feathers... feathers!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Say, has anyone found a pen that works well with the Silhouette for writing?? The Silhouette pens that FIT in the holder DO NOT WORK for writing directly to s 12x12 layout!!
I had journaling that I tried to add to my bg paper but I got the first 5 letters, 9 letters from the middle section (text) and 5 letters on the last line. I must be trying to write too many words!!!!

I thought at one time I had an adapter that would fit with other pens but then maybe not!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Feathers, yes! But where do you find duck feathers on the Gulf Coast that has all sea birds??

Can I fake it and call it a duck??

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Has anyone voted in the ugly paper polls?
You don't have to play to vote!

Governor
In response to Sewflake

Have a hot second to grab today's daily and

Still wrestling with expense reports so long days again this week. Hope to get to our lake during daylight and between rain storms to grab my feathers!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Woops posts points - 10
SB comments - - 18

Overall - 2826

Not yet you're not. Because I just GOT here and your project wasn't posted yet. I'm on that RIGHT NOW! Patience, Grasshopper!

Crossed wires. Not that part great Yoda the whose playing part. LOL! I love the feathers. Have so many but never really know how to use them. Hmmmmm this is a great challenge.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Sewflake

I voted i voted!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
FEATHERS! You have GOT to be kidding me... Feathers... (I have to have some somewhere... I am a teacher... I collect weird things... feathers... feathers!

I never kid about something as serious as feathers.\. But if you notice, there is a lot of wiggle room here ..

#1. Nothing specifies that the feathers have to be real, unless you decide to go with the 25 point bonus and use actual duck feathers. So you could use a die cut to satisfy this particular spec.

#2. Nothing says that the feathers have to be unattached. So technically, you could use an entire bird as long as the feathers are actually visible, such as a spread wing showing the wing tip feathers.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Feathers, yes! But where do you find duck feathers on the Gulf Coast that has all sea birds??

Can I fake it and call it a duck??

Let's see....

As I recall, there ARE some sea birds that are part of the duck family.

Yep. There are. Now, I don't know that any of these are indigenous to your area, but at least we know they exist! If you click the "more information" with each individual, you can see there are five (I think) that winter on the gulf coast. So there's a CHANCE, you see....

Sea Ducks

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Has anyone voted in the ugly paper polls?
You don't have to play to vote!

I always vote. Always. That challenge is so tough that it's only fair to take the time to vote.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

I try to vote every time too. I played once but voted long before and after I played.
You are right it can be pretty tough!! The layouts are amazing though!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
I try to vote every time too. I played once but voted long before and after I played.
You are right it can be pretty tough!! The layouts are amazing though!!!

I think that the players in that challenge are getting progressively more sophisticated about the kinds of pairings they send. I know I've gotten a couple of sets that took me a couple of months each to figure out what to do with. ...

It's definitely a head scratcher most months, but some months it's just down right HARD.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

My Daily Photo is # 17 Guilty Pleasure

Feb AGC Daily Photo Prompt #17 (Guilty Pleasure) By Deanna Schuler

I have many guilty pleasures... using something like cupcakes, or chocolate... ummm chocolate cupcake... I digress... However I find myself often going to the frontpage of scrapbook.com to see if I am a "featured" LO. The little jolt of excitement I get when I actually see one of my LOs is so awesome! I guess I like to know that my pages are being seen...

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Me too!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Slow day at work Pat? I am in my office pretending to mark rolls into the system as I guiltily sneak into this space.
It is Wednesday here so I know I have to wait until I get home to stand any chance of getting close to Wednesday there to post my Round Robin entry. It has been done for 3 days! Can you believe it I haven't had to rush home and do one to be on time!
Feather printed paper count?
Too many options to consider.
Working on my nutella page - best photo ever found for this - gooey background?

Truck in photo okay?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Looking 4 Santa By Sewflake

10 size

one- pointe for each time you included

29 sequins
13 title
8 scraps

three- pointes for each time used

3 pre printed journal tag

five- pointe for each time used

30 card stock
15 PP
15 twine
5 large metal piece
5 fancy dimensional flower
15 stamped images
15 colors of ink
15 colors of stickles
100 personally created die cuts
10 other challenge – Rockin grans monthly , die cut machines

ten-pointes for each time used

30 specialty - different glitter paper
10 for mulberry paper * is that a specialty paper?
10 flowers made by me
10 types of distressing – tearing

five- pointe no matter how many times used

5 stickles
5 more than one font in title
5 doodling on project
5 using specialty paper
5 using pre printed journal block
5 using metal on project

ten- pointes no matter how many times used

10 piece work assembly
10 using stash that is over 1 year old – everything is
10 creating own die cuts
I used a sketch but not sure I can link it – will check
Picture points

5 picture
10 people in picture
5 pic over 5 years old
10 embellish overlap
Journaling
25 computer generated * it would have been Silhouette written but couldn’t get my pens to work…. it would have looked really cool!!!
25 journal in gallery description
Additional points
26 comment points
12 chatter points
5 techno in gallery post
5 product into
5 clean space
5 update sig

page – 546

total 2,829

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Slow day at work Pat?

Yep. Kind of. It's a fits and starts sort of library - people come in, you get busy, you get caught up,
and then you have an hour of nothing to do....

It is Wednesday here so I know I have to wait until I get home to stand any chance of getting close to Wednesday there to post my Round Robin entry. It has been done for 3 days! Can you believe it I haven't had to rush home and do one to be on time!

We're still on early Tuesday evening here, so you got lots of time, girly girl. And as long as you get close - even if you post it a bit early (or late) it'll be fine. No worries on this end AT all.

Feather printed paper count?
Too many options to consider.

Don't see why it wouldn't.

Working on my nutella page - best photo ever found for this - gooey background?

I was hoping for something brown and gooey - but I haven't gone deep into my stash yet, so maybe there will be something and maybe not. I THINK I have some metallic art paste somewhere in the depths of a drawer. I'll have to see.

Truck in photo okay?

Of course. :-)

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

Hatfield & Mccoy By Teresakay

2-2 bubble gum pink (pig embellishment) +25
12x12 - 10
title - 14
patterned paper - 25
scrap papers - 4
punch used - 5
hearts 3 pts each - 27
color of ink used - 5
color of mist used -5
inking - 10
for using mist - 10
items over a year old - 10
handwritten journaling block -10
2 pics -10
2 pic no animals or people - 10 the animals are fake
journaling - 56 (is that right 2 points per word ?)
clean up - 5
update siggy - 5
total - 251
overall total - 759

Edited by Teresakay on 02-06-18 05:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor
In response to Sewflake

Here's pic from yesterday - #11 Bliss for 25 points

AGC daily pic 11 bliss By Boricuapr

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Teresakay

Kathy, you were taking about not being able to join the letters with your Cricut. It is possible if you use a computer with their Cricut Craft Room , that is the design area used for older models.
If you don't use a computer now with your cutting machine you would HAVE TO with a Silhouette or if you ever upgraded the Cricut. Like you said there is no need to upgrade the cricut if it works well and you could use CCR with the older models.
I never learned how to use my old Cricuts without a computer, to much trial and mostly errors so I have always designed on a computer screen. You do have to manually move your letter close together with the cricut in order to weld so they are all one piece. Now what a Cricut can not do is put a double triple or more mat layer behind titles or anything you cut. With a Silhouette it is easy to do an "offset" layer for anything!!

Anyway, just saying it might be something you would want to look into when you have some "free" time on your hands....

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to Sewflake

Hello !
Got one more page done tonight and it's time for bed .
The last two days at work have been busy I love this new job but it is exhausting (mentally ) not physically . Mon and Tuesdays are busy then it slows down for the rest of the week . Have a Good Night ladies . I'll check in tomorrow and try and get some love sprinkled

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

FEBRUARY 7

It's NATIONAL SEND A CARD TO A FRIEND DAY!

We often think about our friends. We wonder how they are, miss them and remember fond memories of times shared. Always observed on February 7th, National Send A Card To A Friend Day is the day to send our friends a card and let them know that we are thinking of them! It is always a pleasant surprise to receive a card from a friend.

~ Send a card to a friend. Add 25 bonus points if it is a card that you made yourself.

~ Have fun~

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

I got things laid out last night for my week 2 challenge post and was looking forward to working on it tonight. I am so mentally tired today though! I have a physio student who started with me today - well she started at the clinic yesterday but I don't work Mondays or Thursdays so I am sharing her with another physio. I have had students before but I had forgotten how tired it is to have someone following you all day and constantly explaining what you are doing and why and answering questions. My brain hurts and my neck is stiff so I am vegging in front of the TV, catching up here with a heating pad on my neck!

Sharon - I use the Silhouette pens in my machine for journalling - I have a set of 24 or something and I find about 15 of them work well for journalling and the others do not!

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Scrapanda

Today's photo #3 Candy. DH stopped at the pharmacy on his way home this afternoon and surprised me with one of these.

AGC February Photos By JustLyn

+25 photo
+4 chat posts
new total 1142

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to Scrapanda

Sharon I used to use craft room until I upgraded my computer and now it won't work with the newest computer software. Man technology never makes things easy!

Here is my photo - prompt 1 Happiness
I got a most wanted recognition for my layout on the CSI blog. I was so happy and surprised as it was my first entry there.
Happiness By Kathylovestoscrap
25 points

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Scrapanda

I have that same set Amanda, I will have to find a less complicated font and a shorter text then see if I can find a pen that will work. One more time........

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to Sewflake

Hello Summer By Kathylovestoscrap
7 gems - 7
letters - 11
flat sticker - 1
patterned papers - 30
card - 15
ink - 5
die cuts - 105
Round Robin February - 5
die cut machine challenge - 5
ink distressing - 10
hand cut embellishments - 70
more than one font title - 5
doodling - 5
embossing - 10
paper assembly - 10
creating own die cut elements - 10
photo - 5
people - 230
less than one month - 5
photo with me - 10
larger than 4 x 6 = 10
writing / embellishment on photo - 10
journaling in gallery - 25
posts to AGC - 8
gallery comments - 18
technique - 5
products - 5
siggy - 5
Total - 440

Overall -3291

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

Good Morning
I am off to work but stopping in to say Hi.
I use the cameo pens for cards but has never thought to use for journaling . May have to try .
Have a good day everyone !!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

Hey gang.

Corky and I made Scrapbook Campus with our Year of the Dog layouts!

Scrapbook Campus ~ Year of the Dog

And Kathy at CSI ...

WE'RE FAMOUS!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Hey gang.

And Kathy at CSI ...

WE'RE FAMOUS!

Congrats ladies!

They tried to use my "Year of the Rooster" layout I created at the end of last year, but for some reason they kept getting an error when they tried to upload the image: bummer!

Edited by Doreena on 02-07-18 09:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Back from my 4 day vacation (Saturday - Tuesday), 3 of which were in Vegas...
So I'm beat and very behind...
despite trying to keep up a bit on the chatter while I was in Vegas.

I will scan through and if I see anything I feel the need to interject a comment on I will, otherwise...
I am MMS right here and moving forward!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Hey gang.

And Kathy at CSI ...

WE'RE FAMOUS!

Great job Pat and Corky. I have one at scrapbook campus it was one on communication my left side of my cruise photo with red telephone box. Very exciting that we are spreading the love.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

I agree. I think it's fun that our little challenges are inspiring us to create lovely projects that other sites want to feature. :-)

One of these days, everybody will know our names! And you KNOW that if you ever want to apply for a design team, you can use these as "published in:" on your design team resume.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

There is some interesting discussion going on in the "what happened to the color challenges" thread in the challenge forums section.

Take a peek and feel free to throw in your $.02

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:
Hey gang.

And Kathy at CSI ...

WE'RE FAMOUS!

Congrats ladies!

They tried to use my "Year of the Rooster" layout I created at the end of last year, but for some reason they kept getting an error when they tried to upload the image: bummer!

Congratulations ladies!! Great layouts too!! Love them all!!

Seriously, those people are legit?
I was contacted in a PM by Rizzi in January wanting to use my Year of the Dragon layout and not knowing who what why I did not respond. I know my layouts are out there for anyone to take but well, I just didn't want to respond to someone from the Philippines with no "history" on this site. Now I know!! I could have been famous too!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:
Hey gang.

And Kathy at CSI ...

WE'RE FAMOUS!

Congrats ladies!

Congratulations ladies!! Great layouts too!! Love them all!!

Seriously, those people are legit?
I was contacted in a PM by Rizzi in January wanting to use my Year of the Dragon layout and not knowing who what why I did not respond. I know my layouts are out there for anyone to take but well, I just didn't want to respond to someone from the Philippines with no "history" on this site. Now I know!! I could have been famous too!

Oh yeah, they're legit... I've been featured twice before...
Too bad... next time though!

Edited by Doreena on 02-07-18 11:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor
In response to Doreena

Here's today's daily - card for bff with bonus! Stamped this sentiment using Stamping Up stamps at retreat. There was a whole cabinet of stamp sets so I had some fun using scraps!

AGC Daily 7 - card By Boricuapr

Daily points 25
Daily bonus points 25
Same Day Post 10
letter/number in title 11
scraps 4
cardstock/pattern paper used 20
colors of crayon, copics, colored markers, glitter brush, etc. 5
type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber, etc 5
stamped image/word 5
color of glimmer mist, paint, ink, powders 10
my die cut embellies (per layer) 5
doodling 5
specialty papers 5
per specialty paper 10
scraps 10
stash OVER 1 year old 10
my die cut creation 10
comment on SB.com gallery 24
AGC no project post 6
technique info in post 5
product info links 5
cleaning up after completing 5
updating siggy 5
TOTAL 225

Daily pic 24 - 2 = 25 points
Lucky grand-furbaby with 2 bones is what greated me on my way to bed last night.
AGC Daily pic 24 - 2 By Boricuapr

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

FEBRUARY 8

It's NATIONAL BOY SCOUTS DAY!

Since 1910, boys across America have been doing good deeds, learning survival skills and developing moral foundations through the Boy Scout of America. The Boy Scouts of America has roots in the British Boy Scouts organization which was created in 1908 after the success of the book Scouting for Boys by Robert Baden-Powell.

On a foggy day in London an American newspaperman, William Dickson Boyce, became lost when a Boy Scout came to his assistance. With the boy’s guidance, Boyce arrived at his destination. When Boyce offered payment for the assistance, the Boy Scout refused explaining it was a good deed. Boyce was inspired to organize similar youth groups into one organization. On February 8, 1910, Boyce filed papers of incorporation, and the Boy Scouts of America was born.

Boy Scouts have had a profound impact on the United States. Many presidents and other dignitaries have been Boy Scouts. A total of 181 Astronauts have also been a part of the Boy Scout program.

~ Create a "boy" project today. Add 25 bonus points if you use the colors navy & beige (the boy scouts uniforms colors) as your primary color palette (75% or more).

~ Have fun~

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

Good Morning
Congrats ladies on you layouts !!
I didn't do much but watch TV last night have to go to the grocery store after work today . I am having a late birthday dinner/party for my daughter Saturday . So next few days will be cleaning and cooking . Hopefully get some scrapping in between .
Have a good day !!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

So I'm off work today and took the opportunity to get this little thing into the mail to Wisconsin.

My BFF and I have a running joke about our trucks. Whenever we get into one, we immediately think of each other because we spent SO much of our time together in trucks doing horse business - hauling camp horses back and forth, hauling horses across country, hauling horses to shows, picking up hay, etc...

Just being in a truck triggers the memory and we both pick up the phone and call each other, leaving messages like, "So....I'm in the truck, and of course I thought of you...."

Valentine Card By GentlewoodFarms

PROJECT SIZE POINTS ~
10 for 1 4x4 (16 - 35 square inches)

1 POINT ITEMS ~
4 for 4 number of scraps used (from your leftover scraps stash, not from this project)

3 POINT ITEMS ~
42 for 14 dimensional or layered stickers (chipboard, layered transparent, etc. Do not double count as letters in title)
6 for 2 flat punch work flowers (single layer, non-dimensional)

5 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for 2 patterned papers used (including scraps)
10 for 2 card stocks used (including scraps)
5 for 1 colors of ink

10 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for 1 types of distressing (inking, sanding, wetting, crumpling, tearing, etc.)
90 for 9 number of HAND cut elements (ones that YOU cut out with SCISSORS)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
5 for using a punch
5 for MONTHLY THEME ~ for using one of the following themes : ROMANCE

10 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
5 for fussy cutting
5 for piecework assembly (putting together any embellishment made of multiple paper layers)
5 for using a HANDWRITTEN journaling block or strips
5 for creating your own die-cut elements (Cricut, Sillhouette, Big Shot, etc.)

JOURNALING POINTS ~
30 for 15 Handwritten journaled words up to 100
25 for Journaling in your gallery description

ADDITIONAL POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
~ I'm just going to take galley comment points once a week, probably on Saturday nights after I post the Weekly Challenge. It's just easier for me!

42 for 21 each post in the Anything Goes Forum since your last project post. (Do not include project posts!)
~ Last project was a daily photo post on page 10

(5 POINTS)
5 for cleaning up your mess and putting your supplies away after completing the posted project
5 for updating your siggy-points & layouts info immediately after posting your project

AGC SPECIFIC POINTS ~
100 for 4 number of AGC Daily Challenges (#1, 2, 5, 7)
25 for 25 ~ Bonus Points ~ hand made card for daily #7

449 ~ TOTAL POINTS THIS POST
1567 ~ CURRENT TOTAL

2016 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok. I'm off to do my Round Robin lift ... I'll be around today, checking in every little bit, so leave me a message if you need anything!

Have fun today!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

Those puffy hearts stickers are very popular!
I have them and I recently saw them on someone else's project.
The only reason I point them out is because I bought mine at Wal-Mart (as that where you got yours?) and it's unusual to see that type of item more than once on a website like this!
Anyway, love your pretty truck; I'd drive it!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Daily Challenge for Feb 5 "Use a Nutella brown colored product on your project today..."

- Football sticker
- Game Day sticker
- Alphas for title "Super Bowl 52"

No gooey-ness though:

Super Bowl 52 By Doreena

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Doreena

Just dropping off, then off to spend day 3 of sanding my cabinets. Ugggh! They're only bathroom cabinets! Will it never end?

Feb 7 Photo #26 Surprise!
I made this flip gadget to surprise my kids last night. Of course nosy son had to come see what I was making, so not a complete surprise to him, but Kyria was busy in the kitchen so it was a surprise for her.
We have taken to playing Uno lately and can never remember which direction we are going. I hope this will help, if only we can remember to flip it. We had been using a pencil, but this just seemed like more fun.
Pat, can I take points for this? It's an interactive element, made with die cuts, but not exactly a LO or home decor item.

and my P52 week 5
Week 5 - 2018 By JustLyn

2 8 x 8 = 16
20 letters and/or numbers used in title 20
3 prepackaged flat die cuts 9
1 card stocks 5
2 patterned papers 10
1 Types of floss/thread 5
2 number of transparencies, acrylic shapes, overlays, or other clear items 20
1 Computer generated or preprinted journaling block or strips 5
1 stash 1+ year old 10
10 number of pictures 50
3 number of unique persons/animals in all photos combined 15
10 pictures less than 1 month old 50
8 no people or animals in photo 80
10 photo smaller than 3x3 100
1 double LO with 7+ photos 10
2 writing on photo 10
506 Computer generated journaling 25
1 update siggy & LO info immediately after posting project 5
1 Project 52 LO 100

Total for project 545

Start: 1142
+25 photo Feb 7
+545 P52 Week 5
New Total 1712

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

Terrible pic and I am counting this as yesterdays photo because I had a problem loading and just went to bed!
AGC #26 Surprise By Under5feet

Edited by under5feet on 02-08-18 09:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Enjoy By Sewflake

4 size (16-35 square inches)

5 title
20 card stock
5 pp
5 ribbon
5 colors of bead&mica
10 type of distressing – crumpling
10 non traditional scrap item
5 using glitter – chunky art glitter
5 one word title
10 hand written journaling block

I forgot to even count the journaling I put on the card I was lucky to get a photo before I mailed it off yesterday.

25 Daily challenge #7
25 bonus for mailing
5 technique information
5 clean space
5 up date sig
6 thread chatter

card -145

Governor
In response to Sewflake

Pat - thanks for the RAK-PERFECT for my pic and bgp that's been sitting on my desk since Saturday. Just got home and done with expense reports. Hope to scrap tomorrow. SOO tired but need to eat dinner.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Pat - thanks for the RAK-PERFECT for my pic and bgp that's been sitting on my desk since Saturday. Just got home and done with expense reports. Hope to scrap tomorrow. SOO tired but need to eat dinner.

Oh good! I'm glad it got there. Point it out when you use it so I'll remember what I sent! I've already forgotten.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:

Pat, can I take points for this? It's an interactive element, made with die cuts, but not exactly a LO or home decor item.

Sure. Go ahead and point it. It's interactive, it's something that you created using your products, and it's TECHNICALLY used in your HOME,
so it could be COUNTED that way. I don't see that as too big a stretch.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

The only reason I point them out is because I bought mine at Wal-Mart (as that where you got yours?) and it's unusual to see that type of item more than once on a website like this!

Thanks, and yep, I picked them up at WalMart. They're not puffy though - they're heavyweight chipboard which is why I got them.

I don't like the glossy puffy ones, and these are really nothing like those at all. There's a single sheet, and I think there is probably 100 little hearts on it. They're itty bitty, but they stick way up off the paper. I like them. I wish I'd bought two packs instead of just the one. I think I may go back before V.day gets here.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Been working on my Round Robin project a bit today, but MOSTLY been trying to streamline my gallery and neaten it up by grouping projects ...

I'm pleased with the results.

I also got all my albums labeled, so at some point, I need to photograph all that and load up my Monthly Challenge completed....

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Thanks, and yep, I picked them up at WalMart. They're not puffy though - they're heavyweight chipboard which is why I got them.

I don't like the glossy puffy ones, and these are really nothing like those at all. There's a single sheet, and I think there is probably 100 little hearts on it. They're itty bitty, but they stick way up off the paper. I like them. I wish I'd bought two packs instead of just the one. I think I may go back before V.day gets here.

Oh they look like the ones I used here:

Project life - Week 1 By Doreena

And after taking a closer look at your project and rereading your description I'm 100% they ARE the same, because mine came the same way w/ roughly the same amount and variety of colors and patterns like yours (not just the red ones that are on my project) except... I call those puffy, LOL!
I used a couple more on my "Christmas Faves" pocket page layout including one of the white ones w/ the red heart center.

Edited by Doreena on 02-08-18 04:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

And after taking a closer look at your project and rereading your description I'm 100% they ARE the same, because mine came the same way w/ roughly the same amount and variety of colors and patterns like yours (not just the red ones that are on my project) except... I call those puffy, LOL!
I used a couple more on my "Christmas Faves" pocket page layout including one of the white ones w/ the red heart center.

I suspect they probably ARE the same ones. I mean, WalMart, right? How many variations could there be? My pack has the white ones with the red hearts in the middle. I love the polka dots ones the best. They're cute, huh? I really like them!

And it's not enough to be channeling the Daily Challenges. Now you gotta be channeling my WalMart shopping cart too? This is getting kinda creepy, don'tcha think?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

:

I cannot decide how to finish off my RR project.

I think I shall go take a bath and ponder hot air balloons and word clouds.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:

I suspect they probably ARE the same ones. I mean, WalMart, right? How many variations could there be? My pack has the white ones with the red hearts in the middle. I love the polka dots ones the best. They're cute, huh? I really like them!

And it's not enough to be channeling the Daily Challenges. Now you gotta be channeling my WalMart shopping cart too? This is getting kinda creepy, don'tcha think?

That is so funny I didn't even think of that!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Doreena

Shot, now you ladies have me wanting to go to Wally world and get hearts and I don't even like stickers!!!
Don't go to Wally world either, especially during this flu pandemic!! Not without a face mask at least!! Which I don't have!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I stared working on my monthly project again today. Man it is much more time consuming that I remembered getting pages in albums!! All the arranging and re arranging!! My box is empty (even took a picture) the layouts sorted... now to get them off the table & bar and into books.....

Governor
In response to Sewflake

jci and dropping off Daily pic 12 - flowers = 25

I love having my hibiscus potted. It's so wonderful coming home on bleary rainy days like yesterday and the first thing I see is this beauty.

AGC daily pic 12 - flower By Boricuapr

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

Well, the finish for my RR turned out to be some covered chipboard that I found in my scrap box, then doing some punch work, and finishing up with some crackle accents.

Imma gonna let it marinate for a day or two and then see how I feel about it. It doesn't feel quite finished to me, but I cannot decide what else it needs - if anything. My Round 1 project was beautifully simplistic, and I'm thinking that a clean and simple direction is probably the way things need to go.

But you know me. I do love to fuss.

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to boricuapr

Dropping off my daily pic, too. #13 - BFF

Twice I thought I was finished sanding and twice I found stubborn finish still hanging on. Today I took my doors and drawer fronts outside in the sunshine and spent a third day with my new BFF here and I think I am finally finished. Well almost finished; I still have some spots that will need the dremel to get to.

+25 = 1737

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to boricuapr

This is temporary drop off... almost finished with this LO for the daily challenge BOY with bonus colors... but my oldest is having his nightmare/nightterror episodes ... so he has to be touching me right now...

If he calms before midnight I will finish up and repost...

3 Generations By Deanna Schuler

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

FEBRUARY 9

It's NATIONAL PIZZA DAY!

National Pizza Day is observed annually on February 9th. Whether it is thin crust, Chicago-style, deep dish or anything in between, pizza is an American favorite.

Here are some interesting facts about pizza:

~ Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.

~ Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas

~ 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.

~ Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.

~ Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.

~Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.

~ Use a circle that has been cut into 8 triangles (like a pizza) on your project today!

~ Have fun~

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

FEBRUARY 9

It's NATIONAL PIZZA DAY!

National Pizza Day is observed annually on February 9th. Whether it is thin crust, Chicago-style, deep dish or anything in between, pizza is an American favorite.

Here are some interesting facts about pizza:

~ Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.

~ Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas

~ 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.

~ Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.

~ Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.

~Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.

~ Use a circle that has been cut into 8 triangles (like a pizza) on your project today!

~ Have fun~

OMG I was planning to do a pizza page tomorrow (maybe) or this weekend (for sure)! This time you're not a day late but right on time for me!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

It had to happen at some point!

Ok. That's it for me today. I'm heading to bed. Carpet layers are coming in the morning, and hopefully this mess will have all been a bad dream and I won't need to eat any more pie for a while.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

Okay... I was able to finish my LO and I am really happy with it! I am hoping it qualifies for the colors... the two background pages and matting are almost all Navy and Beige.

I even got to use Rub-ons and I haven't done that in AGES... so much fun. I have been saving that piece of fiber for JUST the right LO and this was it! Thanks for the inspiration. I am going to try to tally up my points right now... if both my boys stay asleep.

3 Generations By Deanna Schuler

+25 for my daily photo posted above!

+ 343 for this LO

3 Generations (Daily Prompt Boy Scout Day)

Project Size Points
10 for 1 12x12
1 POINT ITEMS ~
22 for 22 individual small rub-on letters or images (the little stitches and little circles above and below the BIG photo)
3 POINT ITEMS ~
3 for 1 dimensional or layered stickers (beaded star)
6 for 2 preprinted ephemera type embellishments
5 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for 2 patterned papers used (tan background, green matting)
5 for 1 card stocks used (blue)
5 for 1 types of jute, twine, or fiber
15 for 5 intact rub-on shape or word (group of stars, spiral, single star)
5 for 1 colors of ink (around bottom right photo)
10 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for 1 types of distressing (ink around photo)
10 for 1 number of HAND cut elements (fussy cut in lower left)
10 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
10 for 1 fussy cutting
10 for 1 using items from your stash that are OVER 1 year old
10 for 1 using a HANDWRITTEN journaling block or strips
PICTURE ITEM POINTS ~
(5 POINTS)
20 for 4 number of photos
20 for 4 number of unique persons or animals in all photos combined
(10 POINTS)
10 for 1 number of photos larger than 4x6

PICTURE TECHNIQUE POINTS ~
(5 POINTS)
5 for 1 inking the edges of your photo
(10 POINTS)
10 for 1 single page LO with 3+ photos
10 for 1WRITING ON or having an EMBELLISHMENT ON or OVERLAPPING the picture
JOURNALING POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
22 for 11 Handwritten journaled words up to 100
(25 POINTS)
25 for 1 25 points for journaling in your gallery description
ADDITIONAL POINTS
5 for 1 including product information
5 for 1 cleaning up your mess
5 for 1 updating your siggy-points
AGC SPECIFIC POINTS ~
25 for 1 number of AGC Daily Challenges (#7)
25 for ~ Bonus Points ~ (Daily #7, navy & beige)
343 for this project + any bonus points I had for bonus on daily... for color and for on the day... if that qualified.

1,452 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 02-10-18 04:54 PM. Reason for edit: updated points

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

Here goes!
AGC #18 a Cup of By Under5feet

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:

Oh man. That looks GOOD! Wish I had a barista in my kitchen right now! I just have a Kurig. Which reminds me ....

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok, my lovies.

I am going to be teaching a Christmas tag class this morning, dealing with carpet installers, and somewhere in the middle of all of it trying to get my daughter's birthday gift wrapped and her gift tag made.

I'll be back when I get a chance, but it might not be until much later this evening. I will TRY to get the daily posted for tomorrow sometime tonight, but don't get freaked out if you don't see it before tomorrow morning.

Love and hugs.

~ Have fun ~

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

No worries, I will use the day to work on projects!!
Starting with tags for my albums!

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to Sewflake

OK, here's my Sketch no. 1 effort:

One Singular Sensation By Ppilgrim

I started this with my kit but there was no way I could stick to it, not with a basket of Valentines embellishments sitting on my desk ;-) That is, however, a Sassafrass Lass alpha in the title so I figure I should get some kind of credit for stash-busting.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:
OK, here's my Sketch no. 1 effort:

One Singular Sensation By Ppilgrim

I started this with my kit

Good.......

but there was no way I could stick to it, not with a basket of Valentines embellishments sitting on my desk ;-)

Well, at least you're honest about it.
And I don't blame you. I have some new little Valentine stickers and I had to break out and make a card just so I could use them ....

That is, however, a Sassafrass Lass alpha in the title so I figure I should get some kind of credit for stash-busting.

We always give credit when credit is due.
Were you going to take a play at pointing this for practice? ;-)

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

::

I can't seem to get my computer and my phone to talk to each other at the moment. I want to upload the tag that I did with my class ... and the technology just sits there looking at each other and not speaking.

Time for some time out for both of them, I think.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok, so that wasn't so bad. They just needed a stern talking to and a hard boot in the USB ports and they wimpered a bit and agreed to play nice from now on... We'll see how long THAT lasts.

Here's my class project today. It was kind of fun to play with my Christmas stuff for a bit. I don't know that I'm going to work as hard at these as I did last year, but I'm not feeling the need to help anybody get a garland off the ground either. My girls have PLENTY of tags for theirs and my mom's is pretty happy with hers as well. So maybe a half dozen for the year - seems like a good number. Or maybe just four ... We'll just have to see how it goes.

Christmas Tag #1 - 2018 By GentlewoodFarms

I'm going to have to come back and count forum thread posts and update my total, but here's what I have to this point ...

PROJECT SIZE POINTS ~
4 for 1 4x4 (16 - 35 square inches)

1 POINT ITEMS ~
2 for 2 small brads
9 for 9 individual pearls (do not double count as stickers)
2 for 2 individual flat stickers (do not double count letters used in title)
1 for 1 number of scraps used (from your leftover scraps stash, not from this project)
~ back of tag is finished with a piece of scrap paper
3 POINT ITEMS ~
24 for 8 flat punch work flowers (single layer, non-dimensional)
~ juniper stems are punched
5 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for 2 patterned papers used (including scraps)
10 for 2 card stocks used (including scraps)
10 for 2 types of ribbon or trim
5 for 1 number of large featured metal embellishments
25 for 5 number of fancy dimensional flowers (Prima, Petaloo, FloraDoodle, SpareParts, Reminiscence, etc.)
10 for 2 colors of ink
5 for 1 colors of mist
5 for 1 colors of stickles, glitter glue, nuvo drops, flower soft, etc.
40 for 8 personally created die-cuts (Cricut, Sillhouette, Big Shot, etc. Count each cut as one thing, so a two layered word = 10)
5 for 1 personally printed ephemera type embellishments (these would be ones that you did a search, find, download, and print yourself)

10 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for 1 number of masks used
10 for 1 number of speciality papers used burlap.)
30 for 3 types of distressing (inking, sanding, wetting, crumpling, tearing, etc.)
10 for 1 number of HAND cut elements (ones that YOU cut out with SCISSORS)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
5 for using paint, mist, stickles, or glitter
5 for using a punch
5 for using speciality paper (glittered, foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, velvet, burlap,canvas, enameled, cardboard, vinyl, etc.)
5 for using metal anywhere on your project

10 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
10 for using chipboard, grungeboard, cardboard, etc. (does NOT include title letters)
10 for fussy cutting
10 for piecework assembly (putting together any embellishment made of multiple paper layers)
10 for using items from your stash that are OVER 1 year old
10 for creating your own die-cut elements (Cricut, Sillhouette, Big Shot, etc.)

JOURNALING POINTS ~
25 for for journaling in your gallery description

ADDITIONAL POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
28 for 14 posts in the Anything Goes Forum since your last project post. (Do not include project posts!)
~ last post was my little pink truck card on page 12

(5 POINTS)
5 for cleaning up your mess and putting your supplies away after completing the posted project
5 for updating your siggy-points & layouts info immediately after posting your project

360 ~ TOTAL POINTS THIS POST
2016 ~ CURRENT TOTAL

2376 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

I tried to create my week #2 project and all was well until I realized I needed to use one of the "cupid" song (titles or lyrics) as my title; I was going to use some of the lyrics in my journaling...
I already had a title I liked so I wasn't going to change it...
All other criteria was met though.... so close!

Pat you are great at providing us w/ challenging challenges!!!

Edited by Doreena on 02-09-18 03:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor
In response to Doreena

Dropping off last night's pic #25 - in between for 25. Furbabies love massages sitting between blalo's legs.

AGC Daily pic 25 - Inbetween By Boricuapr

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to boricuapr

Photo prompt 18
A cup of.......
A cup of....... By Kathylovestoscrap
Points - 25

There's a Snake in My Boots ATCs By Kathylovestoscrap
card - 35
buttons - 2
letters - 21
7 lots of scraps - 7
decorative brad - 3
personally created die cuts - 5
preprinted embellishment - 5
Marci's ATC swap - 5
Hand cut Woody - 10
glossy accents -5
doodling - 5
using chipboard - 10
fussy cutting - 10
creating your own dies cuts - 10
creating swap item - https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1673... - 10
Total - 145 x 3 = 435

siggy - 5
technique - 5
products - 5
clean up - 5
comments to gallery - 78
AGC comments - 2
Total - 100

Overall - 3851

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

Hello my new friends... I am making myself take it easy tonight... going to sprinkle some love, add my daily photo and edit points on my last LO... but no scraping... even though I have a great idea for the daily. I have really liked getting so many LO done after not much scrapping besides my mom's 8 x 8 album in the last couple years.

I am craving the adult interaction I am getting here... work at a school in the library... come home to a 2 and 4 year old... with hubby deployed. I love getting the sprinkles of love and joking with all of you! Hope all of you had a great day. I tried to have pizza today... but I apparently went too early to our Casey's to get a couple of slices... they only had out breakfast pizza... and I just can't do that!

Will sprinkle some love once the boys are actually asleep... I let them be up a bit late tonight... in hopes of sleeping past 6 tomorrow! LOL... I am so funny!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
I tried to create my week #2 project and all was well until I realized I needed to use one of the "cupid" song (titles or lyrics) as my title; I was going to use some of the lyrics in my journaling...
I already had a title I liked so I wasn't going to change it...
All other criteria was met though.... so close!

Pat you are great at providing us w/ challenging challenges!!!

I'm glad that you think so. I try hard to make them challenging but do-able, you know? Let me know if they ever get TOO hard, because that would take the fun right out of things.

I want them to really twist your brain around its creative axle, but I don't want them to defeat you. When I create one, I try to keep it to "four" things - topic, title, some embellishment requirements, and one other odd thing out.

And I try to make them a challenge for me too, so I never consider the stuff that *I* have in *MY* kit when I'm designing the challenge. Once I have the idea, I just flesh it out and then put it up and once it's live, THEN I go start digging in my own stuff to put my project together.

And sometimes I think to myself, "what on EARTH was I THINKING????? I must have been out of my MIND!"

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
Hello my new friends... I am making myself take it easy tonight... going to sprinkle some love, add my daily photo and edit points on my last LO... but no scraping... even though I have a great idea for the daily. I have really liked getting so many LO done after not much scrapping besides my mom's 8 x 8 album in the last couple years.

This is definitely the challenge for that -
if you want to get stuff done, then there's always a challenge trigger to get you started. Be careful not to get so wound about it that you burn out though. The first time I played this challenge, I chased every single point,
argued about a few of them, and lost sight of the reason that I was scrapping to begin with. I won that month,
but the price my mojo paid was NOT worth it. I wasn't able to create anything for about six months. It was awful. So - seriously - enjoy the fun, and use the motivation, but remember that it's more important to make memories WORTH scrapping than it is to scrap.
Hug those boys every chance you get because by this time tomorrow they'll be heading to high school and you'll be lucky if you can get a peck on the cheek on their way out the door. :-)

I am craving the adult interaction I am getting here... work at a school in the library... come home to a 2 and 4 year old... with hubby deployed. I love getting the sprinkles of love and joking with all of you! Hope all of you had a great day. I tried to have pizza today... but I apparently went too early to our Casey's to get a couple of slices... they only had out breakfast pizza... and I just can't do that!

So happy that we're able to be here for you.
Life is seriously tough when you're the only adult at home ... And your job, teaching 3rd grade, you're surrounded by kids all day as well, so I'm REALLY glad you have a place that you can come and be adult and have fun at the same time. And a virtual world is really nice for that kind of situation, because you can put it on hold for a half a day and come back to it and it's the same as if you just left two minutes ago.

Will sprinkle some love once the boys are actually asleep... I let them be up a bit late tonight... in hopes of sleeping past 6 tomorrow! LOL... I am so funny!

You're a good mom. And if they don't sleep in, well, at least there is coffee!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

AND ---

I

am

an

idiot.

I spent a couple of hours getting my daughter's birthday present wrapped and her gift tag done, and then we went to Tulsa to take her and my SIL out to dinner and we were pulling into town when I realized that I had left her gift sitting on my scrap desk.

:: It'll have to go in the mail.

I hate when I do stuff like that. I WORKED at remembering. Worked HARD at remembering. Got the gift a month ago. Got it WRAPPED. Got the tag done. Got it on the desk ready to go.

Then walked off without it.

Repeat.

I

am

an

idiot.

::

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

FEBRUARY 10

It's NATIONAL UMBRELLA DAY!

On this day, we honor one of the world’s most useful inventions, the umbrella! Not only does the umbrella help keep us dry from the rain, but it also protects us from the heat of the sun. Umbrellas can also be used as a fashion accessory. Umbrellas have been featured in many motion pictures, most notably: Singing in the Rain (1952) and Mary Poppins (1964)

Interesting Umbrella TidBits:

The word umbrella comes from the Latin word umbra, meaning shade or shadow. Brolly is a slang word for umbrella, often used in Britain, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. Bumbershoot is a fanciful Americanism for an umbrella from the late 19th century.

The basic umbrella was invented over four thousand years ago. There is evidence of umbrellas in the ancient art and artifacts of Egypt Assyria, Greece and China. It was the Chinese that first waterproofed umbrellas for use in the rain. They waxed and lacquered their paper parasols to protect them from the elements.

One of the first umbrella shops in existence opened in 1830 at 53 New Oxford Street in London, England. James Smith and Sons operates regular hours at the same location still today. In 1928, Hans Haupt’s pocket umbrellas appeared. In 1969, Bradford E. Phillips, the owner of Totes Incorporated of Loveland, Ohio, obtained a patent for the first “working folding umbrella.” Umbrellas have also been fashioned into hats as early as 1880 and as recently as 1987.

In photography, umbrellas with a reflective inside are used by photographers as a diffusion device when employing artificial lighting and as a glare shield and shade, most often in portrait situations.

~ Use an umbrella on your project today.

~ Have fun~

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

dropping this off and will be back tomorrow to get caught up and today's photo. Have a headache tonight and going to turn into a pumpkin any minute now.

No Delivery Needed! By JustLyn

1 8 x 8 = 8
17 letters and/or numbers used in title 17
1 individual flat stickers 1
12 number of scraps used 12
8 card stocks 40
2 patterned papers 10
4 colors of crayon, getatos, etc. 20
51 personally created die-cut shapes 255
3 number of SB.com challenges (with specs) your project is created for ( foodie, sketch, die cutters) 15
1 number of specialty papers used 10
1 types of distressing 10
1 used distress crayons/ watercolor pencils, etc 5
1 flocked or foiled paper 5
1 crayons, watercolor pencils, glitter brushes, or copic marker 10
1 Piece-work assembly 10
1 stash 1+ year old 10
1 handwritten journaling block or strips 10
1 created own die cut elements 10
1 used a sketch - with link 10 MSC #2
2 number of pictures 10
1 number of unique persons/animals in all photos combined 5
1 no people or animals in photo 10
1 embellishment overlaps photo 10
14 Handwritten journaled Words Up to 100 28
1 Journaling in gallery description 25
1 linked product information 5
1 cleaned up my mess 5
1 update siggy & LO info immediately after posting project 5
4 Daily challenges: 1 use car or truck; 3 foodie prj; 5 nutella brown; 9 circle cut in 8 slices 100
1 Same day bonus 10
entered in foodie challenge bonus 25

Total for project 706

+ 46 for 23 Comments Feb 9
New total: 2489

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to justLyn

Hello Ladies
Still haven't had a chance to drop off my latest layout got it uploaded into my gallery though. Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday dinner /party I am hosting so I will be cleaning and cooking all day tomorrow but will get lots of pics to scrapbook . I am off to bed now .
Have a great weekend !!

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to Teresakay

Oh by the way Doreena and Pat I have been buying those Walmart heart stickers for a while now i use them on layouts quite a bit I always buy 2 packs at a time . They are actually in my kit and I am running low you see them in the right of this kit picture for FEB
embellishments By Teresakay

Edited by Teresakay on 02-09-18 09:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Teresakay

Feb AGC Daily Photo Prompt #24 (Two) By Deanna Schuler

I use these two stamps everyday while checking books out to students. A smile stamp is given when a student has no over dues. Star stamps are given for various improvements and accomplishments in library and computer. This is truly my everyday.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

Here is my weekly, busy Saturday!
I Love My Man in Uniform By Under5feet

Edited by under5feet on 02-09-18 10:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics