Page 5 of 9 
Username Post: ~ FEBRUARY ~ Anything Goes Challenge        (Topic#1673555)
kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to under5feet

Okay another entry for the CSI files
Paradise By Kathylovestoscrap
Points Left
size - 10
jewels (carbouchons glittery flowers?) - 2
letters - 3
hand stitching - 12
decorative brads - 6
prepackaged flat die cuts - 6
papers - 20
card - 20
thread - 5
nuvo drops - 15
personally created dies - 10
preprinted embellishments - 10
not to be squared challenge - 5
masks - 20
doodling - 5
computer generated journaling - 5
creating layout for another site - CSI files -http://csichallenge.blogspot.com.au/ - 5
using modelling paste - 10
embossing - 10
piece work assembly - 10
using stash over a year - 10
creating own die cuts - 10
using colour scheme - CSI - 10
photos - 15
people- 5
photo of me - 10
no people or animals - 20
smaller than 3 x 3 - 20
single layout 3+ - 10
embellishment over photo - 10
using computer to journal - 25
technique - 5
product - 5
siggy - 5
Total - 349

Points - right
size - 10
jewels (carbouchons glittery flowers?) - 1
letters - 5
hand stitching - 13
decorative brads - 6
prepackaged flat die cuts -8
papers - 20
card - 20
thread - 5
nuvo drops - 15
personally created dies - 10
preprinted embellishments - 40
masks - 20
doodling - 5
using modelling paste - 10
piece work assembly - 10
using stash over a year - 10
creating own die cuts - 10
using colour scheme - CSI - 10
photos - 20
people- 5
no people or animals - 30
smaller than 3 x 3 - 20
single layout 3+ - 10
embellishment over photo - 10

Total - 331

Overall -4531

Governor
In response to kathylovestoscrap

Kathy - watched your team walk into the stadium last night!

Don't know how much scrapping I will get done during the Olympics and ATL United has their first game today. FOCUS is key today so I can get weekly done. Also need to get acu on luv.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to boricuapr

Sharing because I used ONLY my counterfeit kit and came VERY close to completing the Weekly Challenge (#2); only thing missing is the title had to come from one of the "Cupid Songs" (and the word 'love' on the layout...I still could have done that part but once I realized I wasn't going to meet the title criteria I gave up, LOL):

Nap Pals By Doreena

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• kathylovestoscrap Said:
Okay another entry for the CSI files
Paradise By Kathylovestoscrap

BEAUTIFUL, Kathy!!! BTW - the CSI Challenge: another challenge that intrigues me but that I don't quite understand... seems very complicated!

Edited by Doreena on 02-10-18 06:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Governor
In response to boricuapr

For AGC Daily pic 14 - I love ...

slow but steady 25 points.

Julie Nutting Prima doll stamp storage By Boricuapr

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
Oh by the way Doreena and Pat I have been buying those Walmart heart stickers for a while now i use them on layouts quite a bit I always buy 2 packs at a time . They are actually in my kit and I am running low you see them in the right of this kit picture for FEB
embellishments By Teresakay

Yep. That's them, alright. I'm going to make a quick run to WalMart later today and see if I can get another set picked up. I can see all kinds of uses for these AFTER Valentines day....

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

BEAUTIFUL, Kathy!!! BTW - the CSI Challenge: another challenge that intrigues me but that I don't quite understand... seems very complicated!

It's a lot like the Weekly Challenge here ... or really a combination of a lot of the challenges here.

1. They give you a "case card" which has a picture on it.

2. They give you some specs and you're supposed to follow them.

3. They've changed it so that it's a LOT easier now with the free-for-all option, because you can just use the picture to inspire your project ...

4. But for those who are "hard core" players - down at the bottom of the case page .. You'll see
Scene - the color palette
Evidence - embellishments options
Testimony - journaling

For a long time you had to use the entire palette, something like four or five of the embellishments, and one of the journaling ...

Looks like now you can pick and choose.

It's a fun challenge. You should try it.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Daily Photo ~ except in my case they are anything BUT daily! More like every third day or one a week or some pitiful thing like that...

Prompt #23 ~ Together By GentlewoodFarms

Points are added in second post below.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

And while I may not have gotten out of the door with it last night, at least I got it MADE. So my side project from my counterfeit kit got done and I'm happy about THAT.

Hubby went back to Tulsa today to visit his mom, and he took the gift and tag with him. He'll drop if off with Beth at work today. I hope the shoes fit.

Gift Tag ~ By GentlewoodFarms

PROJECT SIZE POINTS ~
2 for 1 Smaller than 16 square inches

1 POINT ITEMS ~
3 for 3 number of scraps used (from your leftover scraps stash, not from this project)

3 POINT ITEMS ~
24 for 8 decorative metal embellishments (small charms, large paper clips, metal tags, etc.)
9 for 3 preprinted packaged ephemera type embellishments (computer printables, journaling cards, found relatives, etc)

5 POINT ITEMS ~
15 for 3 patterned papers used (including scraps)
10 for 2 types of ribbon or trim
10 for 2 colors of ink
5 for 1 colors of mist
20 for 4 personally created die-cuts (tag is three layers + dress form)

10 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for 1 types of distressing (inking, sanding, wetting, crumpling, tearing, etc.)
20 for 2 number of non-traditional scrapbook items (any item that you wouldn't find in the scrapbook or art crafting department)
10 for 1 number of HAND cut elements (ones that YOU cut out with SCISSORS)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
5 for 1 using paint, mist, stickles, or glitter
5 for 1 having a one word title
5 for using metal anywhere on your project

10 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
10 for using chipboard, grungeboard, cardboard, etc. (does NOT include title letters)
10 for fussy cutting
10 for piecework assembly (putting together any embellishment made of multiple paper layers)
10 for using items from your stash that are OVER 1 year old
10 for creating your own die-cut elements (Cricut, Sillhouette, Big Shot, etc.)

20 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
20 for REPURPOSING or RECYCLING products (old acrylic necklace, perfume bag)

JOURNALING POINTS ~
25 for for journaling in your gallery description

ADDITIONAL POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
92 for 46 each comment you post in a gallery here on SB.com (I'm only posting these once a week on Saturday)
12 for 6 each post in the Anything Goes Forum since your last project post.
~ last project was page 13, Cardinal in Wreath Tag

(5 POINTS)
5 for cleaning up your mess and putting your supplies away after completing the posted project
5 for updating your siggy-points & layouts info immediately after posting your project
5 for including technique information in your gallery post with your project

(25 POINTS)
25 for daily photo posted in above post

392 ~ TOTAL POINTS THIS POST
2376 ~ CURRENT TOTAL

2768 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Teresakay Said:
Oh by the way Doreena and Pat I have been buying those Walmart heart stickers for a while now i use them on layouts quite a bit I always buy 2 packs at a time . They are actually in my kit and I am running low you see them in the right of this kit picture for FEB
embellishments By Teresakay

Yep. That's them, alright. I'm going to make a quick run to WalMart later today and see if I can get another set picked up. I can see all kinds of uses for these AFTER Valentines day....

Teresa... Oh wow, look at that!

Pat...pick me up a couple too!

Actually I'll be hitting Wal-Mart for other things this weekend...so I think a couple of those packages may accidently fall into my cart!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

Turns out we've both been channeling Teresa. Who'd have ever thought it?

Ok. I think I've done all the damage here I can do for now. I need to go get started on my lift for the Scraplift The Person Before You project. I actually have a plan in mind, so I want to get on it while it's kind of fresh in my thoughts.

I also have the beginnings of a glimmer for the Weekly Challenge.

Hint : The Winter Olympics started this week.... wonder what we could do with THAT?

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

Happy weekend everyone!

Feb 9 photo #16 Sweet
David has been working hard to help me with the bathroom project so I decided a bribe reward was in order. Chocolate always works with him!

AGC February Photos By JustLyn

I pointed this one out. Not much, but actually more than I expected it to be.

AGC February Photos By JustLyn

PROJECT SIZE POINTS
1 4 x 4 = 4

!1 POINT ITEMS
1 number of scraps used 1

!5 POINT ITEMS
2 card stocks 10
24 personally created die-cut shapes 120

!10 POINT ITEMS
1 number of transparencies, acrylic shapes, overlays, or other clear items 10
2 number of non-traditional scrapbook items 20
1 number of interactive elements 10

!5 POINT TECHNIQUES
1 vinyl paper 5
1 used wood elements 5
1 Used metal anywhere on project 5

!10 POINT TECHNIQUES
1 stash 1+ year old 10

!20 POINT ITEMS
1 other type of interactive element 20

ADDITIONAL POINTS
1 update siggy & LO info immediately after posting project 5
1 created an altered or home décor item 50

Total for project 285

Start: 2489
+25 Feb 9 photo
+285 Clockwise
New total: 2799

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to justLyn

Cool tag Pat - late or not - she will love it!
While youall are at Walmart shop forme....we don't have that here! LOL!
Winter Olympics! Course I am in summer!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Cool tag Pat - late or not - she will love it!
While youall are at Walmart shop forme....we don't have that here! LOL!
Winter Olympics! Course I am in summer!

It's ok. We'll alter things for you a bit. ;-) You'll be able to make it work. I thought about you as I was planning this thing.

I'm finishing up the fleshing out and should be posting it up in the next .. oh, hour or so.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

I'm doomed to just "share" this month it seems...

My pizza layout - NOT FOR but INSPIRED BY Daily Challenge #9:

Giordanos Vegas By Doreena

Edited by Doreena on 02-10-18 04:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Doreena

Okay ladies... I had to do some serious points recalculation... I had to start over because I had been using the spreadsheet wrong and had the daily points, and love points and post points all wrong... This is what I THINK I have (pending Pat's approval)

OVERALL
16 post on AGC = 32
34 love sprinkles = 68
Daily photos = 125 (10, 17, 20, 23, 26)
KIT = 200
Ugly Swap = 5
Daily = 75
Daily Bonus = 25
Week 2 LO = 313
Nutella LO = 297
Boy Scout LO = 343

GRAND TOTAL = 1,383

Okay... finger crossed I keep it straight now!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Deanna Schuler

That looks about right on my end, Deanna. :-)

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ WEEKLY CHALLENGE~ * ~ * ~ * ~

These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS before the turning of the clock on 12:01am Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

1. WEEKS WILL RUN SUNDAY TO SATURDAY.
2. WEEKLY CHALLENGES WILL BE WORTH 200 POINTS

WEEK 3: February 11 - 17
A Winter Olympics Challenge

You would have to be living under a rock to not know that the Winter Olympics are here this year. The opening ceremonies were, as always, spectacular, but there was some discussion about how the drones and the ceremonial rings lack of color. Some people felt that the tradition of the games was spoiled by not including the full six colors of the interlocking rings. That got me to thinking about the Olympic traditions - what they are and how we might participate in them, just a little bit.

Here are some of the places my thoughts wandered as I thought about these traditions. These are the WINTER Olympics this month. Countries send TEAMS to participate in the Olympic SPORTS events. Many of the events have TIME factors. The three winners and runner-ups receive MEDALS, which are hung around their necks with RIBBONS. The colors of the Olympic flag represent PEACE and the five continents of the WORLD. There are fifteen EVENTS categorized into three main categories: (1) ice sports, (2) alpine, skiing and snowboarding events, and (3) Nordic events.

Ok. So.
Here's how we're going to apply it to our WEEKLY CHALLENGE.

1 ~ Select a photograph or photographs taken during a winter month. It does not have to be this winter - any photo from any winter is fine. Kathy - you’re on an opposite hemisphere, but we’re still going to go with a winter photo, so for you this means - what - June, July, and August?

2 ~ Use either a clock, or a watch, or numbers of some kind on your project. If you choose to use numbers, they need to be a featured part of your project, not just a journaled date.

3 ~ Your project must include the following things from this list. You may add any thing else you like but these things must be on your project.
~ Three to five patterned papers - no more, no less. Additional card stock as you need it.
~ A team of three to five matching embellishments. *They don't have to be the same size, but they must match.
~ At least ONE ribbon.
~ Your title must be done in one of the six colors of the Olympic flag ~ white, blue, red, green, black, or yellow.

4 ~ You must include a word from the list of Winter Olympic events somewhere on your project. For compound words like “snowboard,” you may break them into separate words and use either or both parts - snow / board. Here's a link to the list of Olympic Sports. Scroll down to see the winter ones!
https://www.olympic.org/sports.

Take an additional 50 points if your project qualifies for and you submit it to the SPORTS and GAMES challenge.

~ Have fun ~

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ DAILY CHALLENGE ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

FEBRUARY 11

It's NATIONAL SHUT-IN VISITATION DAY!

Visiting a person who is shut-in can make a positive difference in that person’s life. February 11th observes National Shut-in Visitation Day, and each year on this day, many people across the nation take the time to make a difference.

A shut-in is a person who, due to physical, mental or emotional reasons, is not able to leave his or her home. These conditions can cause a person to feel lonely, isolated, sad and cut off from the rest of the world. Sometimes they do not have family and friends available to visit and spend time with them. They often lack any kind of companionship.

We often take for granted our freedom to be able to go outside each day, go to work, eat lunch at a restaurant, work out at the gym or take a vacation. These are things that people who are shut-in are not able to experience on any day. A visit with them would brighten their day, and we could share our experiences with them.

~ Make a point to visit a neighbor or relative who could use a little cheering up. Bonus 100 points if that person is mobility limited or shut in.

~ Have fun~

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

Okay I will update my signature after I post my Daily Photo! I was hoping to do an ADORABLE umbrella LO... but I have been playing with my boys... I will get it started once they are sleeping because I have the idea of papers in my head and want to find them.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

Here is my Daily Photo Prompt

#1 Happiness

This photo is not just the happiness of these two crazy boys... but their momma! Took us a long time to be parents... but now we have these boys 22 months apart! As stressed as I can get minute by minute... they fill my heart with happiness!

Feb AGC Daily Photo Prompt #1 (Happiness) By Deanna Schuler

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Daily #2 - Bubble gum pink
Scrap Time By Scrapanda

Daily #5 - nutella brown
Weekly #2 - boy - title "I'm in Love" from Stupid Cupid - arrows, hearts and stars - love
I'm in Love By Scrapanda

Sharing
Garter & Bouquet Toss By Scrapanda

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Scrapanda

Oh and almost forgot this one: sent one of these to a friend so that is daily #7
Hello By Scrapanda

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Scrapanda

Turning one in...

FROZEN in their TRACKS

Frozen in their Tracks By GentlewoodFarms

PROJECT SIZE POINTS ~
10 for 1 12x12 (144 and up square inches)

1 POINT ITEMS ~
1 for 1 small brads
19 for 19 letters and/or numbers used in title only
1 for 1 number of scraps used (from your leftover scraps stash, not from this project)
~ brown polka dot
3 POINT ITEMS ~
12 for 4 dimensional or layered stickers (chipboard, layered transparent, etc. Do not double count as letters in title)
3 for 1 decorative metal embellishments (small charms, large paper clips, metal tags, etc.)
~ little clear ball on tag
5 POINT ITEMS ~
30 for 6 patterned papers used (including scraps)
5 for 1 number of large featured metal embellishments (baby it's cold outside)
10 for 2 colors of ink
5 for 1 colors of mist
10 for 2 dimensional die-cut shapes (laser cuts, chipboard pieces, Dusty Attic, BoBunny, etc.)
10 for 2 personally created die-cuts (Cricut, Sillhouette, Big Shot, etc. Count each cut as one thing, so a two layered word = 10)
~ on the edge Snow Flurries, StampinUp Northern Frost strip die
5 for 1 personally printed ephemera type embellishments (January Calendar tag)
10 for 2 number of SB.com (with specs) challenges your project is entered into (non specific challenges excluded - volume, hoarders, budget, vlb )
~ Scraplift Person, Music Inspiration,
10 POINT ITEMS ~
20 for 2 number of speciality papers used (glittered, foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, velvet, burlap, canvas, cardboard, enameled, vinyl, etc.)
20 for 2 types of distressing (inking, sanding, wetting, crumpling, tearing, etc.)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
5 for using paint, mist, stickles, or glitter
5 for having more than one font in title
5 for using a punch
5 for using speciality paper (glittered, foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, velvet, burlap,canvas, enameled, cardboard, vinyl, etc.)
5 for using metal anywhere on your project

10 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
10 for using chipboard, grungeboard, cardboard, etc. (does NOT include title letters)
10 for piecework assembly (I hand crafted the metal tag & charm embellishment)
10 for scraplifting a member of sb.com (link to the lift required)
~ https://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/509563/view /6064359...

PICTURE ITEM POINTS ~
(5 POINTS)
10 for 2 number of photos (4 pics = 20 pts.)
55 for 11 number of unique persons or animals in all photos combined (4 photos of the same person = 5 points)
~ I am NOT going to count all those birds. The relevant ones are the 11 along the shore line.
10 for 2 number of photos less than one month old

(10 POINTS)
10 for 1 number of photos with NO people or animals in it
10 for 1 number of photos smaller than 3x3

PICTURE TECHNIQUE POINTS ~
(5 POINTS)
5 for inking the edges of your photo

(10 POINTS)
10 for WRITING ON or having an EMBELLISHMENT ON or OVERLAPPING the picture

JOURNALING POINTS ~

ADDITIONAL POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
0 for each post in the Anything Goes Forum since your last project post. (Do not include project posts!)

(5 POINTS)
5 for cleaning up your mess and putting your supplies away after completing the posted project
5 for updating your siggy-points & layouts info immediately after posting your project

391 ~ TOTAL POINTS THIS POST
2768 ~ CURRENT TOTAL

3159 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

Governor
In response to boricuapr

Here's Weekly #2. This is not what I had in mind for this pic when I made my kit. Song is Shot by Cupid and used "Perfect Day" in lyrics.

Perfect Day by the Sea By Boricuapr

Week #2 200
Size points 10
PER photo corner, staple 5
letter in title 18
scraps 4
metal embellies 6
preprinted ephemera 6
cardstock/pattern paper used 25
color of glitter brush, etc. 20
lyrics 5
ribbon 15
stamped image/word 10
color of ink, powders 40
dimensional colors 15
purchased dimensional die-cut shape 15
my die cut embellies (per layer) 5
Doilies 5
additional SB challenges 30
other enamel accents 5
mist 5
glitter brush, etc. 5
more than one font in title 5
using punch 5
specialty papers 5
wood 5
mfg journaling block/strips 5
for using metal items 5
Romance - anniversary 5
per specialty paper 10
per inking 10
per hand-cut embellie 10
chipboard 10
multi-media paste 10
HANDWRITTEN journaling block or strips 10
glitter brushes 10
embossing 10
scraps 10
stash OVER 1 year old 10
my die cut creation 10
fussy cutting 10
pics 5
person or animal in each pic 10
rounding/punching pic corners 5
picture that YOU are in 10
overlapping pic 10
comment on SB.com gallery 48
AGC no project post 8
technique info in post 5
product info links 5
cleaning up after completing 5
updating siggy 5

TOTAL 720

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Question - probably 2.
Ice skating - 2 words included or one can be?

I have ice skating pictures but of course the setting is false winter because they really happened in Summer........hmmmmmm.

As for the other sports - well let's just say not in my world! We only get as cold as 27.

Oh I also just remembered I have snow tubing pictures - of course in summer in a false winter wonderland.......Keep looking!

Governor

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ WEEKLY CHALLENGE~ * ~ * ~ * ~

These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS before the turning of the clock on 12:01am Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

1. WEEKS WILL RUN SUNDAY TO SATURDAY.
2. WEEKLY CHALLENGES WILL BE WORTH 200 POINTS

WEEK 3: February 11 - 17
A Winter Olympics Challenge

You would have to be living under a rock to not know that the Winter Olympics are here this year. The opening ceremonies were, as always, spectacular, but there was some discussion about how the drones and the ceremonial rings lack of color. Some people felt that the tradition of the games was spoiled by not including the full six colors of the interlocking rings. That got me to thinking about the Olympic traditions - what they are and how we might participate in them, just a little bit.

Here are some of the places my thoughts wandered as I thought about these traditions. These are the WINTER Olympics this month. Countries send TEAMS to participate in the Olympic SPORTS events. Many of the events have TIME factors. The three winners and runner-ups receive MEDALS, which are hung around their necks with RIBBONS. The colors of the Olympic flag represent PEACE and the five continents of the WORLD. There are fifteen EVENTS categorized into three main categories: (1) ice sports, (2) alpine, skiing and snowboarding events, and (3) Nordic events.

Ok. So.
Here's how we're going to apply it to our WEEKLY CHALLENGE.

1 ~ Select a photograph or photographs taken during a winter month. It does not have to be this winter - any photo from any winter is fine. Kathy - you’re on an opposite hemisphere, but we’re still going to go with a winter photo, so for you this means - what - June, July, and August?

2 ~ Use either a clock, or a watch, or numbers of some kind on your project. If you choose to use numbers, they need to be a featured part of your project, not just a journaled date.

3 ~ Your project must include the following things from this list. You may add any thing else you like but these things must be on your project.
~ Three to five patterned papers - no more, no less. Additional card stock as you need it.
~ A team of three to five matching embellishments. *They don't have to be the same size, but they must match.
~ At least ONE ribbon.
~ Your title must be done in one of the six colors of the Olympic flag ~ white, blue, red, green, black, or yellow.

4 ~ You must include a word from the list of Winter Olympic events somewhere on your project. For compound words like “snowboard,” you may break them into separate words and use either or both parts - snow / board. Here's a link to the list of Olympic Sports. Scroll down to see the winter ones!
https://www.olympic.org/sports.

Take an additional 50 points if your project qualifies for and you submit it to the SPORTS and GAMES challenge.

~ Have fun ~

So let's see, my kit of G45 Summer themed papers have to fit into Winter - ARGH!!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Question - probably 2.
Ice skating - 2 words included or one can be?

You can include just one. And you can drop the ing's endings, so CURLING could become just CURL if you needed it to.

I have ice skating pictures but of course the setting is false winter because they really happened in Summer........hmmmmmm.

As for the other sports - well let's just say not in my world! We only get as cold as 27.

Oh I also just remembered I have snow tubing pictures - of course in summer in a false winter wonderland.......Keep looking!

Notice that I did not say a winter SCENE in the photo, only that it needed to be taken in a winter MONTH. It does not necessarily have to be a winter PICTURE. Does this help you think outside the box?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:

So let's see, my kit of G45 Summer themed papers have to fit into Winter - ARGH!!!!

Not necessarily. The spec is that the photo must be taken during a winter month. It does not have to be a winter photo. There's a lot of wiggle room ...

For instance. All of these photos were taken in January and February of this year.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Here's Weekly #2. This is not what I had in mind for this pic when I made my kit. Song is Shot by Cupid and used "Perfect Day" in lyrics.

But are you HAPPY with it? And was it FUN to create it? THOSE are the big questions.

Because it sure turned OUT pretty!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Thanks Pat - I;ve got some ideas now. A photo hunting I go!

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

AGC #20 Little Things By Under5feet

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

A Weekly Challenge Clarification

I thought I had put this in there, but it appears that it was only in my head and didn't actually make it TO the challenge specs.

In the list of required items

Three to five patterned papers. Additional card stock as needed.

You can add as many card stock papers as you feel like you need.
Clarification ~Dry embossed card stock is still considered card stock.

I want to see three to five patterns.
Clarification ~ Two papers of the same pattern may be counted as ONE paper. But a front and back of a single paper is considered TWO papers since the patterns are different.

The six Olympic colors in your title.
Clarification ~ Variation of shade and tint are permissible, but stay close to the family - no pinks or oranges or browns, for example.

I was getting ready to start my weekly project, which will involve a little fussy cutting, and wanted to double check that it was clear what I meant. I can see how it would not be.

Any questions?

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

Good morning! When I first saw the weekly I thought I was going to have a problem, and Pat's buildup had me a little worried. Winter is just a designation on the calendar here; it is already 80 degrees today. Last night going through photos, though, it all clicked into place. Now to choose from my kit and get it all put together.

Now I need to go back several pages and get caught up on the chat.

Governor

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • boricuapr Said:

But are you HAPPY with it? And was it FUN to create it? THOSE are the big questions.

Because it sure turned OUT pretty!

I DO luv it! I had this design planned for my album cover page, and the pic paired with my Echo Park package in my kit.

I definitely saw my no winter scene loophole the second time I read the specs lol! I can definitely make this work for LO I had planned!

My LSS is having a Cricut Design Space class today. Hubby said to go for it. It's 101 today and 201 in March. I think I'll go to 201 because I already to welding and hope shadowing and iPhone tips will be covered in March.

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to justLyn

Good Morning finally dropping off my last page . Didn't get the weekly for last week but going to try and work on this week today . It's rained all weekend here and looks like rain all week I am just thankful it's not snow but I plan to stay in drinking coffee listening to music and scrapping all day .
Good Memories By Teresakay
2/5 Use nutella brown - 25
12x12 - 10
titel - 12
stickers -12
patterned papers -25
small punched hearts 3 pts -24
color of ink used -5
color of mist used -5
inking - 10
1 heart cut out with scissors - 10
punch - 5
fussy cutting -10
items over a year old -10
scraps used - 2
using mist - 10
2 pics - 10
no people or animals - 10
cleanup - 5
update siggy - 5
total 204
Overall total - 963

Edited by Teresakay on 02-11-18 09:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Sharing because I used ONLY my counterfeit kit and came VERY close to completing the Weekly Challenge (#2); only thing missing is the title had to come from one of the "Cupid Songs" (and the word 'love' on the layout...I still could have done that part but once I realized I wasn't going to meet the title criteria I gave up, LOL):

Nap Pals By Doreena

Hey, you know what? For motivational players it does not matter! You created a really cute project using MOST of the specs, and that's the important thing - you got a bit of a creative push and got a really cute project DONE. And in my book, done always trumps perfect. Always.

I love this page. It's very fun - totally you and your style right down the line!

Governor
In response to boricuapr

Went back trying to find daily - and perfect timing. Stopping by bff's after LSS today (Stage 4) to drop off some cool wood puzzle games I found and a couple things she ordered at LSS and are ready for pick-up. She loves to keep her hands and mind busy during chemo and she starts back on another round tomorrow. Daily, Bonus, Luv, & siggy = 152

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
Good Morning finally dropping off my last page . Didn't get the weekly for last week but going to try and work on this week today . It's rained all weekend here and looks like rain all week I am just thankful it's not snow but I plan to stay in drinking coffee listening to music and scrapping all day .

Dropped love in your gallery. But would you PLEASE see what you could do about sending a little rain our way. I don't think we've seen any since before Thanksgiving.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

This is probably a dumb question but when a pp is embossed is it considered a patterned pp?

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

Trying to do the weekly but I have no ribbon in my kit ?

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Teresakay Said:

Dropped love in your gallery. But would you PLEASE see what you could do about sending a little rain our way. I don't think we've seen any since before Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the love ! You can have it I hate to drive in the rain but don't mind it when it gives me an excuse to stay in and scrap . I need to sprinkle some love gonna do that some time today .

justLyn
Queen
justLyn
In response to Teresakay

I think I'm all caught up.

I'm waiting to see someone post a finished monthly challenge. I have all my albums in the same place, and organized the way I want them. The only thing I don't have already are labels, and I don't really know what I want to do about it. I'm hoping for some really great ideas - hint, hint, hint! Oh and nothing dangling or hanging. My albums are on shelves in easy kitten-reach, and as amusing at watching them play with my labels might be, they have more than enough toys already.

I have a spread sheet that I've been using since forever. I've updated it with some ideas from Pat's. It might be a little simpler as you always make your entries into column A. If anyone wants a copy, send me a PM with your email.

Homemade pizza is not hard to make if you have a mixer with a dough hook or a bread machine. I'll share that recipe if anyone wants it. Pat, I used to be a Pampered Chef consultant before my youngest was born, so I have a lot of stoneware. I don't cook with aluminum, so it is now about the only thing we use.

Deanna, I don't even want to know what "breakfast pizza" is!

Sharon, I have found that when my silhouette sketch pens won't write, it is just as often the paper as it is the pen. I have taken to testing the pen on a scrap or under a photo or embellishment before attempting to use it in my cameo. I have the silhouette pen holder to use regular pens, and usually the pen slips out before the piece is finished. There is a metal adapter by Amy Chomas that I have read good things about, but it is a little more expensive and I haven't tried it.

Congrats to all our published ladies! A pat on the back is always welcome!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Went back trying to find daily - and perfect timing. Stopping by bff's after LSS today (Stage 4) to drop off some cool wood puzzle games I found and a couple things she ordered at LSS and are ready for pick-up. She loves to keep her hands and mind busy during chemo and she starts back on another round tomorrow.

I've been doing a pretty good job this month of keeping the first page posts updated. So you can always check there first and then if it's NOT there, you can hunt. But so far, knock wood, I've updated the front as soon as I post the daily. I'm trying hard to make it a habit.

Google tells me that it takes 66 days to create a habit (not 21 as previously though), which means I only have 55 more to go! Stick with me. I'm trying!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Went back trying to find daily - and perfect timing. Stopping by bff's after LSS today (Stage 4) to drop off some cool wood puzzle games I found and a couple things she ordered at LSS and are ready for pick-up. She loves to keep her hands and mind busy during chemo and she starts back on another round tomorrow.

So sorry to hear about your friend. I know that's hard, and I'm sure that she really enjoys a visit from you.

While you're thinking about it, talk to Doreena about channeling the "perfect timing" on the daily challenges. She's struggling with that.

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Jci. I am off to work shortly. Another week beginning. I need to work to buy scrap materials but I wish I could stay home just one more day..........oh well that too shall happen in another 20 years or so. Man that is depressing to think about!
Enjoy your Sunday mine is just a distant memory!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:
This is probably a dumb question but when a pp is embossed is it considered a patterned pp?

My wi-fi is really struggling today. Hubby has the Apple TV loaded and that gobbles up ALL the band width. Hopefully he'll go to rowing soon and I'll have the house to myself. I don't know WHAT I'm going to do when he finally retires.

The only dumb questions are the ones that don't get asked.

If there is a pattern to it, then it doesn't matter if it is embossed or not. Embossed card stock is card stock. Embossed patterned paper is still patterned paper. But I'm thinking that what you're talking about can be considered card stock, maybe.

I'd call the Bazzils product a card stock and the Kaisercraft product a paper. Does that help?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
Trying to do the weekly but I have no ribbon in my kit ?

We voted very early on in the month that you could go get ONE item that you need, but only one, for the month.

Sounds like yours is going to be ribbon! Point it out when you post your project. :-)

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:

I'm waiting to see someone post a finished monthly challenge. I have all my albums in the same place, and organized the way I want them. The only thing I don't have already are labels, and I don't really know what I want to do about it. I'm hoping for some really great ideas - hint, hint, hint! Oh and nothing dangling or hanging. My albums are on shelves in easy kitten-reach, and as amusing at watching them play with my labels might be, they have more than enough toys already.

I have mine done. I was going to do some fancy tags and the prototype was a pain, so I just went with my little Brother Label Maker tape across the spines and it looks like it's going to work for now. Eventually, I may end up doing something else, but done is better than perfect. I just need to photograph, and I'm waiting for an inspired moment to do that. Guess that could be now.

I have a spread sheet that I've been using since forever. I've updated it with some ideas from Pat's. It might be a little simpler as you always make your entries into column A. If anyone wants a copy, send me a PM with your email.

Yeah - I suppose I could DO that. It would just require a bit of altering in the summation formula. I'll try to get that done for next month, since there are a couple of items that I want to add to the list.

Homemade pizza is not hard to make if you have a mixer with a dough hook or a bread machine. I'll share that recipe if anyone wants it. Pat, I used to be a Pampered Chef consultant before my youngest was born, so I have a lot of stoneware. I don't cook with aluminum, so it is now about the only thing we use.

So you're saying you DO make dough from scratch? Sounds awesome. So yeah, share it please. I might learn to make dough. I have a Kitchen Aide mixer with a dough hook...

I know, right? Sounds pretty gross.

Sharon, I have found that when my silhouette sketch pens won't write, it is just as often the paper as it is the pen. I have taken to testing the pen on a scrap or under a photo or embellishment before attempting to use it in my cameo. I have the silhouette pen holder to use regular pens, and usually the pen slips out before the piece is finished. There is a metal adapter by Amy Chomas that I have read good things about, but it is a little more expensive and I haven't tried it.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok. Immagonna post this and then take my 1000 points for my monthly challenge. Except in my case that doesn't matter since I'm just playing along with you guys. Except it really DOES matter that I got this DONE because my life is MUCH happier now.

It doesn't really look a LOT different in the photos, but it is functioning WAY different. I took out every layout from every book and got them sorted and stacked and sequenced and now they're all in an order that makes sense and has some continuity. And the labels themselves are just .... incredible. Already it's made my life easier.

Album Issues #1 ~ Before & After

Album Issues #2 ~ Before & After

Album Issues #3 ~ Before & After

So there it is. 1000 points. Which is certainly motivational in MY world!

Updating total to 4159

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

I forgot we got to add a freebie ..lol
So ribbon it is .
I am not gonna be able to buy my new shelf for my albums but the ones I do have organized need labels so I'm going to make labels for the ones that are organized and that will be my challenge . I think I may do tags but nor sure trying to decide .
So much for my day of scrapping my son is here and my friend needs a ride to the grocery store and CVS later on today ...life always gets in the way but I told my son Im gonna work on this page while we wait on pizza to get here .

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
I'm doomed to just "share" this month it seems...

My pizza layout - NOT FOR but INSPIRED BY Daily Challenge #9:

Giordanos Vegas By Doreena

Pat -
Thanks for the love on my layout, which is a 9x12 BTW not a Traveler's Notebook Page, which is why I was able to fit so much on it... It's going in between my week 6 Project Life Pages, once I get my dang Pocket Pages Delivered (so behind on my PL as I wait impatiently for my delivery... )!

Anyway I didn't mean that my actual page was "doomed", I actually REALLY like it, I just meant I can never seem to meet all the criteria of a challenge yet this month and I feel like that may be the tone for the entire month which is why I mentioned the word "doomed".

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • justLyn Said:

I have mine done. I was going to do some fancy tags and the prototype was a pain, so I just went with my little Brother Label Maker tape across the spines and it looks like it's going to work for now. Eventually, I may end up doing something else, but done is better than perfect. I just need to photograph, and I'm waiting for an inspired moment to do that. Guess that could be now.

Yeah - I suppose I could DO that. It would just require a bit of altering in the summation formula. I'll try to get that done for next month, since there are a couple of items that I want to add to the list.

So you're saying you DO make dough from scratch? Sounds awesome. So yeah, share it please. I might learn to make dough. I have a Kitchen Aide mixer with a dough hook...

I know, right? Sounds pretty gross.

Deanna, Pat, Lyn ----- your talk of Breakfast Pizza being "gross" is sending my anxiety through the roof... so much so, I had to break my rule and upload a photo to my gallery,

This is breakfast Pizza, Pat and Lyn...
And it's DELICIOUS:

Breakfast Pizza By Doreena

Edited by Doreena on 02-11-18 11:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
So ribbon it is .
I am not gonna be able to buy my new shelf for my albums but the ones I do have organized need labels so I'm going to make labels for the ones that are organized and that will be my challenge . I think I may do tags but nor sure trying to decide .
So much for my day of scrapping my son is here and my friend needs a ride to the grocery store and CVS later on today ...life always gets in the way but I told my son Im gonna work on this page while we wait on pizza to get here .

That was my idea, you're welcome!

Edited by Doreena on 02-11-18 12:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

Anyway I didn't mean that my actual page was "doomed", I actually REALLY like it, I just meant I can never seem to meet all the criteria of a challenge yet this month and I feel like that may be the tone for the entire month which is why I mentioned the word "doomed".

I kind of figured that's what you meant. And even if you don't get all the criteria met, I'm still happy that you're playing and sharing because I love looking at your projects, D. They're fresh and quirky and always fun.

I think it's a factor of style, maybe. Your style is something that I love to look at, but when I try to replicate it, it's like watching a cat try to swim. It's just not natural! So I really appreciate you sharing because then I can kind of see it and enjoy it by osmosis...

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

Deanna, Pat, Lyn ----- your talk of Breakfast Pizza being "gross" is sending my anxiety through the roof... so much so, I had to break my rule and upload a photo to my gallery,

And it's DELICIOUS:

But is that EGGS on it? Eggs on PIZZA? It 'taint natural, I'm telling ya.

I suppose it's not a lot different than sopping your eggs in toast though, or maybe an omelet kind of thing. But it just SOUNDS weird.

Now that Banana Frenched Toast in the background ... that could be a much different discussion.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Teresakay Said:
So ribbon it is .

That was my idea, you're welcome!

It was indeed. And it was a good idea. One freebie allowed because life just hits a speed bump every so often.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok. Riley and I are heading to PetSmart. He's one of the "distraction" dogs for the CGC-A test today. He always gets invited because he's totally predictable and completely well behaved.

I've said before he was his class valedictorian, and the PetSmart trainer agrees with me. He's one of her favorite dogs of all time. Which makes my heart smile.

I'll be gone for a few hours, so if you need anything you'll just have to sit tight until I get back. :-)

Behave yourselves.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:

And it's DELICIOUS:

I suppose it's not a lot different than sopping your eggs in toast though, or maybe an omelet kind of thing. But it just SOUNDS weird.

Now that Banana Frenched Toast in the background ... that could be a much different discussion.

They put eggs on just about anything now...and I, as a HUGE egg fan, love it!

And that French Toast was DIVINE!
It was topped with walnuts, caramelized bananas, housemade caramel and a dollop of whipped cream.
It's called Banana Foster French Toast.
Here's a better look:

Banana French Toast By Doreena

It was at a restaurant called "Lazy Dog" and all the food (and drinks) I've tried there have been SO GOOD! If you have one where you live, definitely check it out!

Edited by Doreena on 02-11-18 02:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Oh, and I finally figured out how to hide my photos from my main gallery thanks to all your tips... I like that.
My OCD loves it too!
Thanks!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Doreena

Oh joy oh joy, it just made my day reading comments today! I had forgotten (if it even registered at the time) that we were allowed ONE freebie one time a month!! I too lacked ribbon, I had planned for it but it did not make it in the pictures!!
I thought I was going to have to use paper ribbon!
Yes there is such a thing, at least CM sells it or use to as I bought some last month. I was going to have to make my own by cutting a thin strip of paper then running it thru my crimper several times to "soften" it. But now I can just use the twill ribbon.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I have a bread hook with my mixer and a bread machine, I would love the pizza dough recipe... do you happen to have the red sauce too??

Breakfast pizza, my eggs have to be fried hard or scrambled... that would not make a very pretty pizza.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Sewflake

Okay ladies... you have been very chatty ... I hope you are still around I NEED ADVICE on my page...

Bricks... fussy cut or straight edge? By Deanna Schuler

As my description in the gallery says... "Okay friends I need your help! I can't decide if I want to fussy cut the bricks like on the bottom... or keep it straight like on the top... I have been walking away and coming back to this since NOON... I can't decide help me decide!"

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:

And it's DELICIOUS:

What she said - exactly!

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to Sewflake

I meant fancy store bought embossed pps. So I don’t have green or yellow in my kit, so is it option to add these colors to or we have color pps ourselves?

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to boricuapr

Project Life Week 5 By Julie101

20 Points 12x24 layout
6 Points staples
10 Points sequins
5 Points title
18 Points for stickers
36 Points die cuts
60 Points cs and pp used
5 Points stamped image
5 Points colours ink
5 Points die cut cuttlebug
5 Points washi
10 Points old items
10 Points journaling block
10 Points die cut elements cuttlebug
65 Points photos
25 Points photos
60 Points photo less month old
10 Points photo of me
30 Points no animals or people
10 Points double layput 7 plus photos
328 Points journaling
25 Points over 100 words
36 Points comments left
5 Points product info
5 Points siggy update
5 Points clean up

Total 809

justLyn
Queen
justLyn

Pizza Crust

Course: Main Dish
Source: Mom

Serving size: 2 pizzas, 8 slices each
Preparation time:
Cooking time: 34 mins

Ingredients
1 1/2 c. VERY Warm Water
1 tsp. Yeast
2 tsp. Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Italian Herbs
4 c. Flour
2 tbsp. Olive Oil

Directions
Dissolve the yeast in the warm water; add sugar. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in salt and herbs. Add 3 cups flour, one at a time, using flat beater. Add olive oil, then as much remaining flour as needed to form a slightly sticky ball. Switch to dough hook and knead on low speed for 5 minutes. Turn into a bowl coated with olive oil, turn over and cover. Let rise in a warmish place until double.

Divide dough in half. Shape each to size desired by stretching and patting. Note that the dough will stretch best while it is slightly warm. Let the crusts rise in the oven for 20 minutes without turning the oven on. Without removing the crust, turn oven on to 450F. When dough looks dry and begins to crust, remove from oven. Add toppings. When oven is at right temp, return pizzas to oven for 7 minutes. Swap top and bottom positions and bake for another 7 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.

We make a 12" and a 15".

I do make my own sauce, but that recipe is not written down. I am fresh out of it right now, have been for quite some time even though all the ingredients are in the cabinet. I'll try to remember to write it down when I make it next time.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

Deanna you could cut the bricks straight or angled to add interest to the page. I like to do angled randomly framing the lo because I have a problem doing straight lines!

PAT I am really stumped at how to use words that are from the Olympic events. Can we use the letters but not be words at all?

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• Deanna Schuler Said:
Okay ladies... you have been very chatty ... I hope you are still around I NEED ADVICE on my page...

As my description in the gallery says... "Okay friends I need your help! I can't decide if I want to fussy cut the bricks like on the bottom... or keep it straight like on the top... I have been walking away and coming back to this since NOON... I can't decide help me decide!"

Fussy...Definitely!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to justLyn

• justLyn Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:

And it's DELICIOUS:

What she said - exactly!

OMG really?! I feel like I'm in Bizarro World right now... most "Foodies" I follow on IG, and the serious foodies I know in real life, are all about the eggs... and on pretty much anything...
My mind is blown right now... Bahahahaha!

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

So question about points ?
Where do we count die cuts that are punched in the 3 pt or 5 pts ?
I am confused on this ?

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:

I kind of figured that's what you meant. And even if you don't get all the criteria met, I'm still happy that you're playing and sharing because I love looking at your projects, D. They're fresh and quirky and always fun.

I think it's a factor of style, maybe. Your style is something that I love to look at, but when I try to replicate it, it's like watching a cat try to swim. It's just not natural! So I really appreciate you sharing because then I can kind of see it and enjoy it by osmosis...

I totally get it... I have trouble capturing other people's styles as well, even when I really like it...that's why I'm so bad a the Round Robin and Scraplift Challenges!
And thanks for the Pep Talk!

In other news...
I decided today that even though my Page Protectors will be here on Tuesday (evening) that I didn't want to wait any longer and used a different Page Protector for page 2 of my Week 4 PL Spread... and it turned out a lot better than I thought it would.
I was a bit afraid to mix it up like that but got inspired after watching a 2017 PL Album flip-thru of one of my Favorite You Tubers and saw that she used all types of different sizes and styles of page pockets throughout! Good thing too because I have lots of different types since I had originally bought a multi-pack, not knowing what style I would ultimately want!

Edited by Doreena on 02-11-18 05:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to Doreena

I want to be able to hide my photos, too! Can anyone help with a fix to hide my photos?

Edited by under5feet on 02-11-18 05:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to Doreena

My weekly ...
Snow fun By Teresakay
Weekly - +200
5 pattern papers, one ribbon , Snow in title for snow boarding ,blue letters in title , numbers in subtitle and in journaling, 3 heart embellishments.

12x12 - 10
title - 7
stickers - 10
pattern papers - 25
cardstock - -10
die cuts - 2 hearts and 3 circles counted them as 3pts each - 24
ink -
mist - 5
inking-10
used mist - 5
punchs - 5
ribbon -5
journaling block - 10
items over a year old - 10
3 pic - 15
4 people - 20
embellishments overlapping pic -10
3 pics on a single page - 10
journaling - 24
clean up - 5
updat siggy - 5
8 forum post - 16
total - 443
Overall total - 1406

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Deanna, I like the look of the fussy cut bottom section!

Teresa, that would be a good question as I did not point my punched cuts, just took the points for using a punch.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:

PAT I am really stumped at how to use words that are from the Olympic events. Can we use the letters but not be words at all?

Corky -- I'm getting ready to load up my project and you can see what I did. I used the words "short" and "free" in my journaling.

And you don't HAVE to have yellow or green. You just need to do the title in at least one of the colors of the flag - so red, black, white, blue would all work if you have those. :-)

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• under5feet Said:
I want to be able to hide my photos, too! Can anyone help with a fix to hide my photos?

Do you know how to group projects together in your gallery?

Edited by Doreena on 02-11-18 06:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to Doreena

Do you mean like when you link the project and have more than one page?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Well shoot, I see the flat punch work is 3 points each...... How easily I forget.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
So question about points ?
Where do we count die cuts that are punched in the 3 pt or 5 pts ?
I am confused on this ?

It's because they're labeled as "punch work flowers, single layer.."

Any single layer punch is 3 points. But if you take your (two or three or however many) punched flowers, stack them together and make a dimensional project with them, that's a handmade flower and that's 10 points (in addition to the 3 for each of the flat punched work)

Does that help? I found that problem the other day when I punched out a bunch of little chipboard hearts for my round robin and couldn't figure out where to point them.

But they're in the 3 points.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok. I'm done with the Weekly.

I used the Monthly Sketch Challenge #2, and between that and having my kit separated into projects, that got me off to a fantastic start!

It still took me most of the day, but that time was spent creating and checking in with you guys rather than trying to figure out what to do and making decisions about which papers with which embellishments. This is the second time in my kit, and having everything already pulled together in those ziplock bags REALLY helped. Immagonna do that from now on if I have time!

I didn't use everything that I put together for this project, and I ended up trading out the ribbon that I had picked for this set of papers for one that I had picked for a different set of papers. But other than that, this went together pretty much like I had it visioned in my head, kind of.

Also ~ I lost track of my Project 52 week counts somewhere along the way. I think I may have done week 4 twice, and I counted my cover page from January 1 as a week, but then did a week 1 layout. I've referred to my album and my calendar, and this project's date (February 9) is actually in week 6, but since I did week 6 on SUNDAY, I'm going to count this as week 7, which matches what I have in my album. Sheeez.

Ok. Weekly Specs
~ 1. Photo taken in February 2018
~ 2. Fussy cut clock from scraps that I put into my kit. I am SO glad I was able to use it, and I'm SO glad that it's now gone from my stash!
~ 3. List items ~ 5 patterns (doily is a pp, but it's hard to tell, so is the clock) (+ 2 card stocks), 3 little chippie butterflies which I bumped to match with decorative brads, brown lace ribbon, and title in black and yellow
~ 4. Words I used (in my journaling) were "free" (from freestyle skating) and "short" (from short track speed skating).
I think that's got it!

Family Delight ~ By GentlewoodFarms

PROJECT SIZE POINTS ~
10 for 1 12x12 (144 and up square inches)

1 POINT ITEMS ~
2 for 2 number of scraps used (from your leftover scraps stash, not from this project)

3 POINT ITEMS ~
12 for 4 decorative brads (jewel top, epoxy, sequined, theme style, etc)
9 for 3 prepackaged flat die cuts (small chippy butterflies)
9 for 3 flat punch work flowers (3 hearts are punched)
6 for 2 preprinted packaged ephemera type embellishments (computer printables, journaling cards, found relatives, etc)

5 POINT ITEMS ~
25 for 5 patterned papers used (including scraps)
10 for 2 card stocks used (including scraps)
5 for 1 quote
5 for 1 types of ribbon or trim
10 for 2 intact rub-on shape or word (not individual letters or numbers)
10 for 2 colors of ink
5 for 1 colors of mist
5 for 1 personally created die-cuts (Cricut, Sillhouette, Big Shot, etc. Count each cut as one thing, so a two layered word = 10)
5 for 1 bling shapes (shaped jewel - cut apart & used in four places)
0 for number of SB.com (with specs) challenges your project is entered into (non specific challenges excluded - volume, hoarders, budget, vlb )
~ Monthly Sketch #2, Foodie
10 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for 1 types of distressing (inking, sanding, wetting, crumpling, tearing, etc.)
120 for 12 number of HAND cut elements (ones that YOU cut out with SCISSORS)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
5 for using paint, mist, stickles, or glitter
5 for having more than one font in title
5 for using a punch
5 for using a computer generated journaling block

10 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
10 for fussy cutting
10 for piecework assembly (putting together any embellishment made of multiple paper layers)
10 for using a sketch (link to the sketch required)
~ Monthly Sketch Challenge #2

PICTURE ITEM POINTS ~
(5 POINTS)
5 for 1 number of photos (4 pics = 20 pts.)
20 for 4 number of unique persons or animals in all photos combined (4 photos of the same person = 5 points)
5 for 1 number of photos less than one month old

(10 POINTS)
10 for 1 number of photos that YOU are in

PICTURE TECHNIQUE POINTS ~
(5 POINTS)
5 for inking the edges of your photo

(10 POINTS)
10 for WRITING ON or having an EMBELLISHMENT ON or OVERLAPPING the picture

JOURNALING POINTS ~
25 for computer generating your journaling

ADDITIONAL POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
36 for 18 each post in the Anything Goes Forum since your last project post. (Do not include project posts!)

(5 POINTS)

AGC SPECIFIC POINTS ~
200 for 1 AGC Weekly Challenge #2
100 for 1 ACG Project 52 ~ Week #7

789 ~ TOTAL POINTS THIS POST
4159 ~ CURRENT TOTAL

4948 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• under5feet Said:
Do you mean like when you link the project and have more than one page?

Exactly!

Link your photos to one "project"... that project will be the cover page to all your photos. I used my Counterfeit Kit photo as my cover.
Also I made an album called photos... and when I save them, I check the "Photos" album and uncheck the "Main" album before saving my upload.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:

Ok. So you've probably made a decision on this by now, but here's what *I* would do.

See how you've got your photo tilted and how it's tilting the bricks? I'd go with that idea, tilt the patterned paper to match that line, then cut it at whatever angle it ended up and tuck the photo on top of it so that the paper and the photo become one long continuous wall.

It'll add a lot of movement to your page, bring the photo out into the world and make your whole layout FEEL bigger.

Does that make sense?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:
I meant fancy store bought embossed pps. So I don’t have green or yellow in my kit, so is it option to add these colors to or we have color pps ourselves?

Let's say that if they are a single color with embossed details, then you can call them a card stock. If there is a multiple color pattern to them, then that makes them a patterned paper, even if the pattern is only in the corner.

Does that help?

And - I think I answered this already - you don't have to have all SIX colors in your kit. Only one - so if you have black or red or blue or white, you're good to go. You can use a combination as well, but you need to use at least one.

Sassy Suzi
Mayor
Sassy Suzi
In response to Doreena

Awesome layouts ladies. I'll catch up on luv when I'm laid up. Hopefuly a week from tomorrow I'll finally get my knee fixed.

I did get some layouts finished this weekend, after I organized and clean the garage.

I did these for a swap on FB.
Layered Page Swap 1 By Sassy Suzi

And used up most of the BB Gabrielle on these that I had two pictures I didn't scrap from when I made the SS Retreat 2011 album.

Daily #5 Nutella brown, does the color of the backgroup being Mud Pie count as gooey? lol
SS Retreat 2011 By Sassy Suzi

SS Retreat 2011 By Sassy Suzi

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:

Hey Julie! You know you can add another 100 points since this is a Project Life layout? As long as it's for February, you can count it. I think it is.... right?

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

I have been counting the diecuts I punch as 3 pts so I have at least been doing it right ...I use my heart butterfly and scallop circle punch a lot and Pat since you sent a bigger circle punch in my last RAK I have been using it its so much easier than using my cameo but I need a new blade for my cameo and as soon as I get to Michael's to get one I'll start using it a lot again . I only got one page done today but hope fully this week I will get more done I was figuring up how many pages I am behind on to do 365 this year and I am 27 pages behind this is really gonna be a challenge ...lol I have to learn how to do more than one page a day. I am off to bed time to start another week ...Night ladies !

Edited by Teresakay on 02-11-18 07:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Ok I did mine for week 3 - I like how it turned out but struggled a bit because I felt quite limited by the pp I had in my kit! Definitely going to add a bigger variety next time! Also not a fan of the ribbon bow I made but it was literally the only color of ribbon I put in! Description of my elements I used in the gallery.

Merry Christmas By Scrapanda

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

PAT! I LOVE THAT IDEA! I had already made a plan and will continue forward with it... but add your idea as well... as long as it works with the overlay I plan to use! I think if the paper is tilted however... no fussy cut... hmmmm... off to make this work!

Thanks ladies for chipping in! I was stuck... but it seemed as soon as I admitted I was my ideas started flowing! : )

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ DAILY CHALLENGE ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

FEBRUARY 12

It's NATIONAL LOST PENNY DAY!

The first U.S. penny was designed by Benjamin Franklin, and minted in 1787. Since then, billions of pennies have been minted and put into circulation. In 1909, the penny became the first coin to bear a president's image. It was first released on February 12, 1909, to commemorate Abraham Lincoln's 100th birthday.

An individual penny may not have a lot of monetary value these days. However, finding a penny is a sign of good luck. Go on a hunt for lost pennies today, and pile up some good fortune.

**I measured.
~ A penny is 3/4" across ( I know because I measured one), so use at least five 3/4" brown circles on your project today. Take 5 extra points for each circle over 5 - up to 10 total circles. AND you can take 25 bonus points if they are all embossed with copper embossing powder.

~ Have fun~

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to julie101

Ok, gang. I've done all the damage I can do for today. I'm off to bed.

Stay out of trouble! See you tomorrow.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Doreena

So I finished the brickwork\ umbrella LO.... Just too tired to tally points tonight. I am VERY pleased with the outcome. Goodnight all! I have LOVED all the LO today. Trying to wrap my head around how to make Logan's birthday pictures fit the weekly challenge... Maybe it will come to me in a dream!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to boricuapr

Week 6 Project Life By Julie101

20 Points 12x24
2 Points photo corners
5 Points for title
37 Points for stickers
5 Points washi tape
50 Points old items
30 Points CS and PP used
10 Points hard written journaling blocks
80 Points photos
35 Points people
20 Points photos of me
80 Points photos less then moth old
15 Points no animal or people
10 Points double layout 7 plus photos
10 Points over lapping
200 Points journaling
25 Points over 100 words
5 Points clean up
5 Points siggy update

Total 654

julie101
Diva
julie101

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • julie101 Said:

Hey Julie! You know you can add another 100 points since this is a Project Life layout? As long as it's for February, you can count it. I think it is.... right?

It was end of jan start of feb

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

Agc #23 TOGETHER By Under5feet

julie101
Diva
julie101

• under5feet Said:

This would be my cat they were brought up with pet rats so they dont even bother

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to julie101

Daily #6 - feathers - there is some on the one paper and some wood ones
Simply The Best By Scrapanda

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to julie101

• julie101 Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

It was end of jan start of feb

As long as it's a FEBRUARY project, you can count it, so that overlap week will work if you want to put it there!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Just checking in to see how everyone is this morning. It appears to be a Monday.

I'm off to work this afternoon until 6. I need to run to the grocery and feed stores, and that means some additional after work chores around here - so I may be a little later than usual getting back here this evening.

What's everyone planning for dinner? I'm thinking some spinach manicotti at this house. But just thinking it at the moment - not sure if I'll have the stamina to actually DO it.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

I have the day off today because of Lincoln's B-Day... and this Friday is my Friday off so it's a 3 -day work week for me; SCORE!

Page 5 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics