Page 7 of 9 
Username Post: ~ FEBRUARY ~ Anything Goes Challenge        (Topic#1673555)
GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Deanna Schuler

• Deanna Schuler Said:
I traveled 3 hours across Missouri to spend the 3 day weekend with my parents. I dont imagine I will scrap much... even though mom has a scrapbook room. I will poke in occasionaly. Have a great weekend.

So where ARE you? Missouri is a neighboring state for me!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:
Good Morning !

Pat I received my stuff too and love it all Thanks !

So glad to know it got there in good shape!

Well mom just reminded me that my aunt's 80th birthday is next Saturday and Mom asked if I would make a small scrapbook for her I found a 8x8 empty scrapbook now to look for pictures I only have older ones my Mom is going to look too . So that's what I will be scrapping this week . I have to design a card for church card ministry and get my round robin done this weekend .

It's amazing how people who do NOT scrapbook think that you can pull a "small" scrapbook out of your back pocket in a week. :: Good luck, Teresa. Sounds like you're in for a long haul over the next week. Maybe you could make one of the pages for your aunt's album do double duty as your round robin ... maybe.

It has been raining here for weeks it seems like raining again today so good day to stay in and scrap.

We got rain for the first time in .... I THINK since before Thanksgiving .... The ground is damp and my dust allergies are finally settled down. It's been so bad that my nasal linings have dried out so much that I've been having daily spontaneous nosebleeds. Horrible ... I hate drought.

I know YOU"RE probably a little tired of the wet at this point, though. So feel free to send as much as you like back this way!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Ok. I AM going to do a little scrapping this morning. I have a riding lesson this afternoon, so if I'm going to get anything done, I need to get started!

See you all later!

Governor

Bummed with hockey and short track results. Got my fingers crossed for skeleton. Done with lunch so taking a break to do my weekly.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to boricuapr

I live in Warrensburg near Kansas City... But I traveled to my hometown Wentzville...near St. Louis.

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Linda have just been seeing snippets of Olympics. It is televised when I need to go to bed for work! Watched so aerials last night and some speed skating. I just really want to veg and watch them all. I have a friend who takes leave to do just that!

Sharon hope you are enjoying your crop.

Pat hope it is being a productive scrap day. I have to go to a retirement luncheon today so not much scrapping will happen I don't think. Then another full on week at work!

It is Sunday morning here and outside my window the kookaburras are having a lovely laughing session. Such a great sound to wake up to. Haven't been around much - I think it must be because of the extreme heat, I really need to capture one on camera to show you all.

Here is my weekly
Photo taken last winter for Disney on ICE - ice from Ice Hockey!
Title in yellow. 5 cluster flowers, 5 pattern papers, one ribbon bow in cluster, clock in the die cut - all from counterfeit kit and it is done!
Disney on Ice By Kathylovestoscrap
Points for this baby
size - 10
title - 11
paper - 25
card - 5
ribbon - 5
fancy flowers - 25
personally cut dies - 80
die cutting machine challenge - 5
doodling - 5
handwritten journaling block - 10
using die cutting machines - 10
photos 10
people - 15
larger than 4 x 6 photo - 10
writing on/ embellishment over - 20
handwritten words =- 32
comment in galleries - 112
posts here - 4
technique - 5
product link - 5
clean up - 5
siggy 5
Weekly challenge - 200
Daily challenge - use bubblegum pink - 25
Total - 639

Overall - 5345

Governor
In response to kathylovestoscrap

Kathy - you may be roasting, but just checked and temp is 76 so going to enjoy the warmth and do some outdoor exercising-like a nice walk on the trail. Then I need to go get my pics. Took forever to edit them online, but they always cut off the part I want. What happened to what pic is the pic, not the center argh!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to boricuapr

That is why I always go to the store to print my photos. It is because we are all digital now and digi size is different to actual size.

Here is one I created for CSI files.
Wishes come true By Kathylovestoscrap

brads - 11
letters - 14
prepackaged flat die cuts - 36
papers - 10
card - 10
scraplift favs - 5
spotlight gallery - 5
hand cut elements (banners) - 200
doodling - 5
creating for another site - CSI -http://csichallenge.blogspot.com.au/ -5
monthly theme - love - 5
fussy cutting - 10
piece work assembly - 10
colour palette from CSI - 10
lift sb,com - Sweet Happiness {Kaisercraft & Merly Impressions} By Emilia Van Den Heuvel - 10
photos - 5
people - 15
less than one month photo - 5
larger than 4 x 6 - 10
writing on/embellishment over -10
handwritten words - 10
product link - 5
siggy - 5
Total - 421

Overall - 5766

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

Memories #17 By Teresakay
Feb 3 ~ Create a foodie project today. Take an additional 25 points if you submit a layout to the Foodie Challenge. +50
Feb 12 ~ A penny is 3/4" across ( I know because I measured one), so use at least five 3/4" brown circles on your project today. Take 5 extra points for each circle over 5 - up to 10 total circles. +35
Feb 17th catch up free +25
12x12 - 10
stickers -1
brads -2
decorative brads - 12
flat dies prepacked -3
punched diects 3pts each - 42
cs - 5
pp - 20
punch -5
ink -5
inking - 10
items over a year old - 10
quote - 5
handwritten journal block - 10
one word title - 5
foodie challenge - 5
specialty paper glittered - 5
3 pic -15
2 people -10
1 pic with me - 10
1 pic no people - 10
single lo with 3 pics - 10
embellishment overlapping pic - 10
journaling - 22
clean up - 5
update siggy - 5
total - 362
overall total - 2034

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
I live in Warrensburg near Kansas City... But I traveled to my hometown Wentzville...near St. Louis.

I have a good friend who lives in Wentzville. Her married name is Tammy Duncan. I don't know what her maiden name was though. She's one of my horse buddies. She's active in the Renaissance Fair there now. I know her husband was a police officer - I'm not sure if with the Wentzville force though...

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

I'm going to print my photos for my ugly project. Then I'm going to photograph my ugly project.

Then I'm going to go take a bath and get the horse stink off me.

THEN I'm going to eat dinner and THEN I'll be back here to post my uglies and get the Weekly Challenge put up for you guys.

I outdid myself, I must say!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

My Uglies are done.

Tooth & Bone By GentlewoodFarms

PROJECT SIZE POINTS ~
10 for 1 12x12 (144 and up square inches)

1 POINT ITEMS ~
1 for 1 small brads
10 for 10 letters and/or numbers used in title only
6 for 6 number of scraps used (from your leftover scraps stash, not from this project)

3 POINT ITEMS ~
3 for 1 decorative brads (jewel top, epoxy, sequined, theme style, etc)
3 for 1 decorative metal embellishments (small charms, large paper clips, metal tags, etc.)
21 for 7 flat punch work items (single layer, non-dimensional)
3 for 1 preprinted packaged ephemera type embellishments (computer printables, journaling cards, found relatives, etc)

5 POINT ITEMS ~
40 for 8 patterned papers used (including scraps)
10 for 2 card stocks used (including scraps)
5 for 1 colors of ink
5 for 1 colors of crayon, copics, colored markers, etc.
25 for 5 personally created die-cuts (Cricut, Sillhouette, Big Shot, etc. Count each cut as one thing, so a two layered word = 10)
5 for 1 swap items sent to you that you include on your project (Ugly Papers can be counted as a single swap)
10 for 2 number of SB.com (with specs) challenges your project is entered into (non specific challenges excluded - volume, hoarders, budget, vlb )
~ PET, UGLY
10 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for 1 number of speciality papers used (glittered, foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, velvet, burlap, canvas, cardboard, enameled, vinyl, etc.)
10 for 1 number of handmade flowers (made by YOU!)
10 for 1 types of distressing (inking, sanding, wetting, crumpling, tearing, etc.)
60 for 6 number of HAND cut elements (ones that YOU cut out with SCISSORS)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
5 for using distress crayons, watercolor pencils, or copic markers (etc.)
5 for having more than one font in title
5 for using a punch
5 for using speciality paper (glittered, foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, velvet, burlap,canvas, enameled, cardboard, vinyl, etc.)
5 for using a computer generated or preprinted journaling block or journaling strips
5 for using metal anywhere on your project
5 for MONTHLY THEME ~ for using one of the following themes : PETS

10 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
10 for using crayons, watercolor pencils, glitter brushes, or copic type markers (not for journaling)
10 for fussy cutting
10 for piecework assembly (putting together any embellishment made of multiple paper layers)
10 for using items from your stash that are OVER 1 year old
10 for creating your own die-cut elements (Cricut, Sillhouette, Big Shot, etc.)

PICTURE ITEM POINTS ~
(5 POINTS)
15 for 3 number of photos (4 pics = 20 pts.)
5 for 1 number of unique persons or animals in all photos combined (4 photos of the same person = 5 points)
15 for 3 number of photos less than one month old

(10 POINTS)
10 for 1 number of photos smaller than 3x3

PICTURE TECHNIQUE POINTS ~
(5 POINTS)
5 for inking the edges of your photo

(10 POINTS)
10 for single page LO with 3+ photos
10 for WRITING ON or having an EMBELLISHMENT ON or OVERLAPPING the picture

JOURNALING POINTS ~
(25 POINTS)
25 for for journaling in your gallery description

ADDITIONAL POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
86 for 43 each comment you post in a gallery here on SB.com.
~ I only count these once a week on Saturdays
38 for 19 each post in the Anything Goes Forum since your last project post. (Do not include project posts!)
~ Round Robin on Page 19
(5 POINTS)
for including technique information in your gallery post with your project
for including product information (by linking or by name) in your gallery with your project
5 for cleaning up your mess and putting your supplies away after completing the posted project
5 for updating your siggy-points & layouts info immediately after posting your project

(10 points)
for welcoming a newbie to SB.com
5 for creating and exchanging a swap item. (Swap group link required. Ugly Papers may count as ONE swap)
~ Ugly Papers on SB.com

AGC SPECIFIC POINTS ~
25 for 1 number of AGC Daily Challenges (# 15 - animal print)

591 ~ TOTAL POINTS THIS POST
4589 ~ CURRENT TOTAL

5180 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ WEEKLY CHALLENGE~ * ~ * ~ * ~

These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS before the turning of the clock on 12:01am Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

1. WEEKS WILL RUN SUNDAY TO SATURDAY.
2. WEEKLY CHALLENGES WILL BE WORTH 200 POINTS

WEEK 4: February 18 - 24
A Cowboy Poetry EITHER/OR Challenge

It's Texas Cowboy Poetry Week, and yes, there is such a thing!

Cowboy poetry is a form of poetry which grew out of a tradition of extemporaneous composition carried on by workers on cattle drives and ranches. After a day of work, cowboys would gather around a campfire and entertain one another with tall tales and folk songs. Many people tend to focus on the historic cowboy lifestyle, and much of what is known as "old time" country music originates from the rhyming couplet style often seen in cowboy poetry along with guitar music. Country music is one of the most popular musical genres in the world today.

Although the work that cowboys do still continues today, it has moved into the contemporary age with the use of modern ATVs and cell phones. But the cowboy lifestyle is a living tradition that exists in western North America and other areas, so contemporary cowboy poetry is still being created, still being recited, and still entertaining many camp visitors around campfires and convention halls. It's part of our American (and Australian) heritage.

Here's how we're going to apply it to our WEEKLY CHALLENGE.

1 ~ TOPIC
EITHER ~ Choose an old photograph (10 years at least)
OR ~ Select a photograph of something old (older than you)

2 ~ TECHNIQUE
EITHER ~ Choose a vintage OR heritage layout to LIFT using your own signature style.
~ to do this go to ~ Gallery ~ Categories tab ~ Styles tab ~ heritage or vintage selection
OR ~ Use a SKETCH and create a vintage style layout.

3 ~ TITLE
EITHER ~ A one word title.
OR ~ A title with the word "one" in it.

4 ~ JOURNALING
EITHER ~ A poem generated with one of the sites listed below.
OR ~ Lyrics from a country western song (must include either an entire verse OR the entire refrain).

POETRY GENERATING SITES
Poem Generator
Magnetic Poetry - Play Online
Read, Write, Think ~ Acrostic (Requires Flash)
Dada Poetry Generator
Language Is A Virus Poetry Generator

5 ~ AND...
~ A word from this list of "old" synonyms must appear on your project somewhere!
Synonyms for "OLD"

~ Have fun ~

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ DAILY CHALLENGE ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

FEBRUARY 18

It's NATIONAL DRINK WINE DAY!

~ Use a wine colored paper on your project today.

~ Have fun~

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Woke up this morning with a stuffed up nose/head/sinuses again! Dd has been stuffy for a week so not surprising but sheesh! I thought I got all of the sickness out of my system in January! Didn't do much today - dh took ds to skating this morning - dd and I stayed home feeling sorry for ourselves for having to blow our noses every 2 minutes. After lunch dh went to work to build an outhouse with some of the guys - on Monday it is Family Day holiday here in Saskatchewan - there is an outdoor winter festival happening and one of the events is an outhouse race- it should be a hoot. Dh and a couple of his coworkers are entering. Hopefully it isn't too cold so the kids and I can go watch. While he was gone we tidied up the basement, made a grocery list and vegged on the couch. I did just do a set of 5 cards (the same one) for Christmas this evening after the kiddos went to bed but that was the extent I could do before my head felt like it was going to explode. Ugh enough whining - going to ponder what I can come up with for the weekly while I watch TV with dh - I certainly have enough old photos! I have never really done much with vintage style before though.

Governor
In response to Scrapanda

Here's my week 3! Daily 16 new technique was double stamping the cloud. Also for daily 17.

Now the Real Fun Begins By Boricuapr

Week 3 200
Daily bonus points 50
Same Day Post 10
Size points 10
PER photo corner 4
letter/number in title 19
scraps 4
Decorative brads 6
decorative metal embellies 3
cardstock/pattern paper used 25
glitter brush, etc. 5
scripture, recipe, quote, poem, lyrics 5
type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber, etc 10
stamped image/word 25
color of glimmer mist, paint, ink, powders 30
my die cut embellies (per layer) 15
preprinted embellies 10
additional SB challenges 35
glossy accents 5
paint, mist, stickles, or glitter 5
glitter brush 5
more than one font in title 5
using punch 5
for using metal items 5
Romance, Pets, and Books 5
per interactive element 10
per inking, sanding, tearing, crumpling 10
per hand-cut embellie 10
nontraditional items 10
glitter brushes, or copics 10
scraps 10
memorabilia not pictures 10
stash OVER 1 year old 10
fussy cutting 10
make interactive element 20
pics 5
rounding/punching pic corners 5
pic NO people or animals 10
overlapping pic 10
comment on SB.com gallery 6
AGC no project post 6
technique info in post 5
product info links 5
cleaning up after completing 5
updating siggy 5
new to you technique 20
TOTAL 693

Governor
In response to boricuapr

Almost forgot to post yesterday's pic - Poor Buckley following Blalo. He just wants to be together and follows Blalo's every move.

AGC Daily pic 23 - together By Boricuapr

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to boricuapr

Winter Snow Fun By Under5feet

FYI The TH car is a challenge because the parts are so tiny. I die cut extra tire parts because they had to be layered. But I love the look and think I will get great use out of it.

Edited by under5feet on 02-18-18 12:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap
In response to under5feet

Great weekly challenge Pat - love it. Now to make vintage/heritage out of my modern papers! 10 years plus photo - no problems, word - check, poem to do but papers - yep so glad it is a challenge!

Here are a couple of ATCS.
Golden Sugar Skulls By Kathylovestoscrap
jewels - 2
paper - 5
card - 10
dimensional flowers - 5
colour of mist - 5
personally created dies - 5
die cutter nachine challenge - 5
ATC February Swap - 5
using die cut machine - 10
product- 5
siggy - 5
clean up - 5
swap item - ATC swap - https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/1673... - 10
Total - 79 x 3 = 247

Overall - 6013

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

:-)

Loopholes, gang. LOOPholes!

EITHER ~ Choose a vintage OR heritage layout to LIFT using your own signature style. (which for many of you is NOT vintage.)

OR ~ Use a SKETCH and create a vintage style layout.

ALSO -- I did a quick edit on the Journaling section --

Country Western song lyrics are now either a full verse OR the full refrain

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Oh gosh.

I generated the coolest acrostic for my one word title. I cannot wait to share my project ... but it's not coming together as nicely as I would like. I don't have enough PAPER to create the visual interest that I'm trying to get to ...

:: Fussy cutting, here I come. I hate fussy cutting .... but it's a true vintage technique, so I guess I'll go with it and hope that it turns out like I see it in my head...

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

I'm sure Pat it will turn out amazingly. Fussy cutting is a painful event but the results effective.

Governor

Teresa - so glad to see you and Corey out for his b-day. I'm sure it was very special being out together after his accident.

Governor
In response to boricuapr

Well, hit submit for my monthly and I could have sworn I had selected same project This was not in my plan to complete this weekend, but DH said "let's stop at Js on the way, since we're early". I have my scrap budget money and eye on getting TH distress crayons that were on sale. Hubby knows I'm trying to finish the layouts of our cruise and came by with the perfect album. My practical brain said OOHH what a pretty album for my cruise, which I need, and so I put the crayons back on the shelf. Came home and put all my cruise layouts in the album. No tag or label required for this album and easy to spot in the cube holding my vacation binders.

Here's my monthly before:

AGC February Monthly By Boricuapr

Here's my monthly after (1000 points):

AGC February Monthly By Boricuapr

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to boricuapr

One mans fussy cutting is just "hated" while another mans stress-relief!! Better yet, it is my fidget release!!

It is all in the scissors my friend all in the scissors!!

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to Sewflake

Being a lefty scissors can be a challenge so for the smaller the better and I move the pp not the scissors.

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

Well I am right handed predominantly but cut with my left for scissors - go figure. Small scissor give me grief. Man I am disadvantaged all the way! LOL!

Governor

Sharon - glad to see you checking in. Hope you're having fun!!!

Kathy - my sis is a southpaw too, but in sports she's all right!!!! However, you've got the advantage that you know what scissors are and how to use them

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to boricuapr

Well, I did my fussy cutting but I was halfway around the page before I realized that I was going about it the hard way..... When I post my layout, it'll make sense when you see what I did....

I wanted to use my butterfly paper as a frame, but i wanted to overlap the butterflies along the edge so I didn't want to cut a square frame ... so I started by punching a hole that I could work my scissors through .... and did that for the first four butterflies. THEN i realized that i could cut out the entire MIDDLE of the paper, and I wouldn't have to fuss with how tight things were staying around that half-inch edge width. Felt like an idiot when the light bulb went off.

I'm always a little sad when I get my Weekly Challenge project done. I love creating those challenges and Iove figuring out how to create something that fits them using the limitations of my kit. This one has been particularly fun for me this week.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

Week 4 Specs
1. Topic ~ Photo of something OLD (Florence, Italy Carousel - dates to the beginning of the 20th century)
2. Technique - Sketch done in Vintage Style (fussy cutting, doily, feathers, butterflies, old vintage trim, etc.)
3. Title - One Word
4. Poem - Generated at Acrostic Site
5. Old Synonym ~ "Antique" in second line of poem.

Florence Carousel By GentlewoodFarms

Poem Reads ~

Cobblestone Courtyard
Antique carousel spinning
Round past the drunk, sleeping
On the bench, wine bottle in hand,
Unseeing, undjudging Italian horses
Simply existing to provide
Entertainment for weary tourists
Looking for a place to sit down

PROJECT SIZE POINTS ~

1 POINT ITEMS ~
8 for 8 letters and/or numbers used in title only
5 for 5 individual flat stickers (do not double count letters used in title)

3 POINT ITEMS ~
3 for 1 decorative brads (jewel top, epoxy, sequined, theme style, etc)
3 for 1 preprinted packaged ephemera type embellishments (computer printables, journaling cards, found relatives, etc)

5 POINT ITEMS ~
20 for 4 patterned papers used (including scraps)
5 for 1 poem
10 for 2 types of ribbon or trim
30 for 6 number of fancy dimensional flowers (1 Red Flower + 5 Ghost Leaves all by Prima)
45 for 9 number of stamped images on your project (counted by the number of stampings, not the number of images on each stamp)
15 for 3 colors of ink
5 for 1 colors of mist
5 for 1 colors of stickles, glitter glue, nuvo drops, flower soft, etc.
5 for 1 dimensional die-cut shapes (laser cuts, chipboard pieces, Dusty Attic, BoBunny, etc.)
40 for 8 personally created die-cuts (Cricut, Sillhouette, Big Shot, etc. Count each cut as one thing, so a two layered word = 10)
5 for 1 doilies used (do not double count as diecuts - use them here or there, not both places)
10 for 2 number of SB.com (with specs) challenges your project is entered into (non specific challenges excluded - volume, hoarders, budget, vlb )
~ Monthly Sketch #3, Travel - F(Florence, Italy)
10 POINT ITEMS ~
20 for 2 types of distressing (inking, sanding, wetting, crumpling, tearing, etc.)
120 for 12 number of HAND cut elements (ones that YOU cut out with SCISSORS)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
5 for using paint, mist, stickles, or glitter
5 for having a one word title
5 for using a punch
5 for using decorative cutter blades or scissors
5 for using feathers
5 for using computer generated journaling strips

10 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
10 for using chipboard, grungeboard, cardboard, etc. (does NOT include title letters)
10 for fussy cutting
10 for using a HANDWRITTEN journaling block or strips
10 for using a sketch (link to the sketch required)
~ Monthly Sketch #3
PICTURE ITEM POINTS ~
(5 POINTS)
15 for 3 number of photos (4 pics = 20 pts.)
15 for 3 number of photos over 5 years old

(10 POINTS)
30 for 3 number of photos with NO people or animals in it
10 for 1 number of photos smaller than 3x3

(10 POINTS)

JOURNALING POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
8 for 4 Handwritten journaled words up to 100

(25 POINTS)
25 for computer generating your journaling

ADDITIONAL POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
10 for 5 each post in the Anything Goes Forum since your last project post. (Do not include project posts!)
~ Last project was Tooth & Bone on page 21

(5 POINTS)
5 for cleaning up your mess and putting your supplies away after completing the posted project
5 for updating your siggy-points & layouts info immediately after posting your project

AGC SPECIFIC POINTS ~
75 for 3 number of AGC Daily Challenges (# 6(feathers), #17(catch-up), #18 (wine colored cardstock for title)
10 for 10 ~ Bonus Points ~ Daily #18 started and finished on Feb 18
200 for 1 AGC Weekly Challenge #4

917 ~ TOTAL POINTS THIS POST
5180 ~ CURRENT TOTAL

6097 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

FEBRUARY 19

It's PRESIDENT'S DAY!

Which means that for most of us, the mail won't run.

~ Use a stamp on your project today. Bonus 25 points if it's a stamp OF a stamp.

~ Have fun~

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

Daily #8 (boy layout with navy and beige)
Ben and dad By Scrapanda

Daily #13 (green, purple and yellow)
June 12, 2012 By Scrapanda

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to Scrapanda

Good Morning ...
Woke up not feeling well so decided to stay home today and I'll spend all day feeling bad about not going to work I am feeling better and just got my Round robin page done ...it turned out pretty good even thought it's not really my normal style . I like it though Will post when I can ....Now I am starting on my aunts scrapbook for her party Saturday . Have a happy Monday ladies its in the 70's here all week yesterday was beautiful no rain for most of the day and it hit 71 degrees .Today high is supposed to be 73 and 79 tomorrow . I am not complaining

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

It actually thundered here a little bit ago. It went north of me -- I actually saw rain on my neighbor across the street's property, but WE did not get a drop. ::

But ... spring IS coming. It's been humid and damp the past two days and it's starting to FEEL like it might be around the corner.

But it's only FEBRUARY 20.... We are at least a full month ahead of schedule from when we moved here 18 years ago. But ... well, global warming is a myth.

Ok. Enough of that. I'm getting dressed and heading to work today. I had a really productive weekend, so I'm focused and ready to have a productive few work days as well.

I'll be on if I get a chance -- but it's Monday which means that things could be crazy busy ... or not. You just never know with a library.

Have a good day, everybody!

kathylovestoscrap
Mayor
kathylovestoscrap

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

So yesterday using my computer I was smelling something that was kind of a burning smell wasn’t sure what it was but getting a horrible headache. Hubby came home from golf and we unplugged the backup battery box and discovered the battery was swollen and causing the smell. So we had no internet, no landline so today he is tackling the problem and it was scary to say the least.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

That is Scary, just to think it could have exploded...or at the very least caught fire. Glad you have it well in hand now!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• under5feet Said:
So yesterday using my computer I was smelling something that was kind of a burning smell wasn’t sure what it was but getting a horrible headache. Hubby came home from golf and we unplugged the backup battery box and discovered the battery was swollen and causing the smell. So we had no internet, no landline so today he is tackling the problem and it was scary to say the least.

Oh GOSH. That's terrifying. So glad that it's under control and didn't turn into a huge disaster. Was the battery under warranty?

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

My boys and I had a great weekend with my parents... the drive back home was ROUGH... rain the WHOLE time. I managed to swipe some fun stuff from my mom's scrap room this weekend... didn't scrap anything... but got some fun toys I had forgotten about ... also went to Michael's (BAD DEANNA) just to get adhesive and a new blade for paper cutter... HA HA HA HA !... spent 3 digits... ugh!

I bought some of that tape I haven't really understood... want to give it a try sometime soon!

One of the "toys" I rediscovered is my eyelet tool! and some other paper punching type tools! I found all of my border punches... VERY excited... Hopefully I can scrap something tonight before bed.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

I feel behind on this thread...and its challenges!

Anyway...hi!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Doreena

FINALLY for your viewing pleasure my Umbrella LO!

Almost all of the Rough and Tough Collection stuff I was able to tag ... except the COOL Overlay I used!

Umbrella Boy By Deanna Schuler

Projects are pointed based on their size.
10 pts for 1 - 12x12 (144 and up square inches) = 10 points
1 POINT ITEMS
7 pts for 7 small brads (along left side)
6 pts for 6 scraps used (from your leftover scraps supply, not from this project)
3 POINT ITEMS
3 for 1 preprinted ephemera type embellishments (journaling card)
5 POINT ITEMS
5 for 1 card stocks used
20 for 4 patterned papers used
5 for 1 intact rub-on shape or word (rope of stars hanging down left side)
5 for 1 personally created die-cuts (cloud w/lightning bolt)
10 POINT ITEMS
10 for 1 overlay

5 POINT TECHNIQUES
5 pts for having a one word title
5 for using speciality paper (printed overlay)
5 for using a computer generated (under photo)
10 POINT TECHNIQUES
10 pts for fussy cutting (cloud and thunderbolt)
10 pts for using items from your stash that are OVER 1 year old

PICTURE ITEM POINTS
(5 POINTS)
15 for 3 photos (one is SUPER small … from printed text message)
10 for 2 unique persons or animals in all photos combined
(10 POINTS)
20 for 2 photos smaller than 3x3

PICTURE TECHNIQUE POINTS
(10 POINTS)
10 pts for single page LO with 3+ photos
10 pts for WRITING ON or having an EMBELLISHMENT ON or OVERLAPPING the picture

JOURNALING POINTS
(2 POINTS)
76 pts for 38 words of handwritten journaling up to 100
(25 POINTS)
25 pts for every 50 handwritten words over 100
25 points for journaling in your gallery description

ADDITIONAL POINTS
(2 POINTS)
16 for 8 each comment you post in a gallery
6 for 3 each post in the Anything Goes Forum
(5 POINTS)
5 pts for including technique information in your gallery post with your project
5 pts for including product information (by linking or by name) in your gallery up your mess
5 pts for updating your siggy-points & layouts info immediately after posting your project
(20 POINTS)
20 pts for trying a new-to-you technique. I had never used an overlay on a project… always worried about adhesive… I used brads to avoid this problem.

ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGES POINTS
(25 POINTS)
25 for each daily challenge completed before the end of the month (UMBRELLA)

PROJECT = 389

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

Anyway...hi!

You're not behind. You are right where you are, and that's a good starting place. It's not a big deal to not keep up with all the chat. Think of it like a HUGE party - like in five rooms. There's no way you're ever going to keep up with every conversation going on. Just enjoy the party, you know? The rest will sort itself out.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

FEBRUARY 20

It's MY DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY!

You all know by now that I have two girls. The older one is 36 today. We celebrated last weekend with dinner in Tulsa, but the day itself is today!

~ Create a birthday related project today.

~ Have fun~

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

My son's birthday is Thursday and mine is Monday!

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

Hi ladies,
I'm counting this as Feb 18 because the backup battery had to be replaced and we had no internet or landline services. Hubby replaced the battery so we are back on track.

AGC #14 I Love By Under5feet

Edited by under5feet on 02-19-18 11:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet

AGC By Under5feet

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to boricuapr

But Furst A Selfie By Julie101

10 Points 12x12
25 Points daily 15th use animal print
15 Points title
11 Points stickers
55 Points cs and pp used
20 Points ink
5 Points mist
75 Points die cuts with cuttlebug
10 Points inking
10 Points hand cut elements bone
5 Points ink and mist
5 Points punch
5 Points theme PETS
10 Points fussy cutting
50 Points old stuff all expect photos
10 Points photo
5 Points animal in photo
10 Points less than month old
10 Points over lapping
15 Points black and white
5 Points product info
5 Points clean up
5 Points siggy update

Total 376

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to julie101

I do not know WHY it is that we can never just get rain. When we get rain, we also get a significant weather event....
a flood, a tornado, or in today's case, some ice to go along with it.

:: And I get to get out in that today and drive in to work, and by the time I get there, they'll have decided to close shop and send everyone back home. It's stupid, and yet ... here I go.

Wish me luck. It's been in the 70's for the past 2 days, so the roads SHOULD be fine until after dark.... then if they're still wet, they'll freeze and it'll be a nightmare getting home.

::

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• under5feet Said:

Animals!

Edited by Doreena on 02-20-18 07:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Anyway...hi!

You're not behind. You are right where you are, and that's a good starting place. It's not a big deal to not keep up with all the chat. Think of it like a HUGE party - like in five rooms. There's no way you're ever going to keep up with every conversation going on. Just enjoy the party, you know? The rest will sort itself out.

I would enjoy it more if there were cocktails!

Thanks again for the pep talk!

Edited by Doreena on 02-20-18 07:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • under5feet Said:

Animals!

GOATS even! I think they're cute .... from a distance. I spent a camp summer with a couple of unpenned Nubians. NOT my favorite thing. Wherever they were, it was the wrong place. But they were definitely cute. And the camp kids adored them.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

I can help with that too.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim

Greetings from the great white north. I am so tired I can't even see straight but I figured I'd better poke my head out from under the duvet & let all y'all know that I'm still alive up here.

I spent half the night cleaning up dog barf and, just as I was getting back to sleep, my sister called to say that my dad had had another heart attack. He's fine (as "fine"as it gets these days) but February is starting to feel endless.

I was going to indulge in a little retail therapy just now (49th & Market's new release is in the store) but I made the mistake of checking my credit card statement first. :-( Guess I'll be forced to use some of the shed-load of flowers & butterflies I already have in my stash.

Oh, yeah, and the pup's fine too. He just couldn't digest the special treat a friend of mine gave him for Valentine's Day.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Doreena Said:

I can help with that too.

Ahhhhh... much better ::hiccup:: !

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:
Greetings from the great white north. I am so tired I can't even see straight but I figured I'd better poke my head out from under the duvet & let all y'all know that I'm still alive up here.

I spent half the night cleaning up dog barf and, just as I was getting back to sleep, my sister called to say that my dad had had another heart attack. He's fine (as "fine"as it gets these days) but February is starting to feel endless.

I was going to indulge in a little retail therapy just now (49th & Market's new release is in the store) but I made the mistake of checking my credit card statement first. :-( Guess I'll be forced to use some of the shed-load of flowers & butterflies I already have in my stash.

Oh, yeah, and the pup's fine too. He just couldn't digest the special treat a friend of mine gave him for Valentine's Day.

Glad to hear that dad and pup are both fine as it's possible for fine to be, and it's nice to see the top of your head popping up from under the duvet....

I was indulging myself with a little 49 & Market and Graphic 45 window shopping today since it's SO quiet at the library. The weather is just gawd-awful and getting worse by the minute...

But I feel very prophetic. I told you guys that I'd get to work and they'd end up sending us home. And that's where I'm heading in about ten minutes. They shutting the Metro Library system at 3p today. So I'll have five free hours to MYSELF that I didn't plan on and that I'll still get paid for!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

Sharing since I used only my Counterfeit Kit:

Sweet & Low By Doreena

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to Doreena

It made it to 79 degrees and sunny here today very unusual for this time of the year ...tomorrow high 77 and thunderstorms here comes the rain again ...at least it's rain and not snow so I am not complaining .
Did 3 pages on my aunt's book probably won't get them posted until the weekend since I have to get it done by Sat. Gonna try a get a couple pages done now I am doing it very simple so hopefully it's not gonna take long to get finished .

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Sharing since I used only my Counterfeit Kit:

Sweet & Low By Doreena

YEAH!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

• Teresakay Said:

Did 3 pages on my aunt's book probably won't get them posted until the weekend since I have to get it done by Sat. Gonna try a get a couple pages done now I am doing it very simple so hopefully it's not gonna take long to get finished .

Yes -- if you have to get an entire book done in a hurry, then clean and simple is the way to go. Good luck! Sounds like you're off to a really good start!

Governor
In response to Teresakay

Oh P - to you and your family!

Pat - woohoo on the 5 free hours and glad you'll get home before dark.

Teresa - hot here too - and the air was stifling - just dead air and heavy!! The barometric pressure is driving me nuts tonight!

Hey Julie

Susie - thinking of you while you recover.

So 2 REALLY LONG days with 2 super busy days coming up with home office staff here for meetings. DH got upset because I kept telling him I'll call you later. 5 minutes later he calls me back and I give him the same answer. And YEP, he called back again and got the same answer AGAIN.

Have one scheduled to retire on Thursday, found out his replacement starts Monday and then TODAY someone else on that team resigned. My day was spent doing HR stuff. Then 3 of the 4 young'uns decided to loose or forget their access badges and couldn't seem to understand that they would have to share ONE visitor badge and didn't like it when I said NO to having my badge - really 3 guys can't share?!?!?

Too wound up to even try to work on a layout after this day. And big shout-out to Elana Meyers and our 2-girl bobsled team. Waiting for her heats tonight, but is in 2nd after first 2 heats!!! They had a great story about her and her dad on NBCSN.

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay
In response to boricuapr

Well I am off to bed ....7 pages done for the birthday book but I am wore out ..I am off Thursday needed to get my tags for my car and I am not able to get there when I work they close everyday at 5 and I don't get off until 4:30 so I will be able to stay up late tomorrow night and work on this book so hopefully will get a lot done . I am trying to incorporate some dailies int he pages but kinda hard since I am doing simple .
Good night !!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Teresakay

I finished a project this afternoon and as I am pointing it, I realize we have yet ANOTHER duplicate in the points sheet.

I'm not going to fret about it this month, but next month we'll have to remove ONE of the
~ using crayons, watercolor pencils, glitter brushes, or copic type markers (not for journaling)

We have it in the 5 and 10 point technique column. :: I used markers to color some little metal brads, and that's how I found the double trouble.

For now, point it twice. Next month, it'll just be a 10 pointer.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

One from crop with more to come
I'm Bananas for You By Sewflake

10 size
15 title
6 scraps
3 pre print journal type card (I cut it)
20 card stock
30 pattern paper
5 colors of ink
55 die cuts – personally created
5 other challenges
10 type of distressing
5 more than one font in title
10 piece work assembly
10 creating own die cuts
15 number of pic
5 people
15 pics over 5 years
10 3+ pic
5 link
5 update sig

page 239

GT 4088

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I hardly every use those items so did not even notice the duplicate....yet!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

I've had a pretty productive month so far! I need to check my album, but I'm pretty sure that my Project 52 is caught up with this one...

Signs of Spring By GentlewoodFarms

PROJECT SIZE POINTS ~

1 POINT ITEMS ~
4 for 4 small brads
13 for 13 letters and/or numbers used in title only

3 POINT ITEMS ~
36 for 12 dimensional or layered stickers (chipboard, layered transparent, etc. Do not double count as letters in title)

5 POINT ITEMS ~
35 for 7 patterned papers used (including scraps)
15 for 3 colors of ink
5 for 1 colors of mist
10 for 2 colors of crayon, copics, colored markers, etc.
10 for 2 colors of stickles, glitter glue, nuvo drops, flower soft, etc.
50 for 10 personally created die-cuts (Cricut, Sillhouette, Big Shot, etc. Count each cut as one thing, so a two layered word = 10)
5 for 1 doilies used (do not double count as diecuts - use them here or there, not both places)
~ Sketch Challenge #4, 5 Ingredients
10 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for 1 types of distressing (inking, sanding, wetting, crumpling, tearing, etc.)
90 for 9 number of HAND cut elements (ones that YOU cut out with SCISSORS)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
5 for using distress crayons, watercolor pencils, or copic markers (etc.)
5 for having more than one font in title
5 for doodling on your project

10 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
10 for using crayons, watercolor pencils, glitter brushes, or copic type markers (not for journaling)
10 for fussy cutting
10 for piecework assembly (putting together any embellishment made of multiple paper layers)
~ Monthly Sketch Challenge #4

PICTURE ITEM POINTS ~
(5 POINTS)
20 for 4 number of photos (4 pics = 20 pts.)
5 for 1 number of unique persons or animals in all photos combined (4 photos of the same person = 5 points)
20 for 4 number of photos less than one month old

(10 POINTS)
30 for 3 number of photos with NO people or animals in it
40 for 4 number of photos smaller than 3x3
10 for 1 number of photos taken in the past 24 hours

(5 POINTS)
5 for inking the edges of your photo

(10 POINTS)

JOURNALING POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
6 for 3 Handwritten journaled words up to 100

(25 POINTS)

ADDITIONAL POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
24 for 12 each post in the Anything Goes Forum since your last project post. (Do not include project posts!)
~ Last project was CAROUSEL on page 21
(5 POINTS)

AGC SPECIFIC POINTS ~
25 for 1 number of AGC Daily Challenges (#10 - umbrella)
100 for 1 ACG Project 52 Layout ~ Week 8

738 ~ TOTAL POINTS THIS POST
6097 ~ CURRENT TOTAL

6835 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

My Knight By Sewflake

10 size
25 jewels
5 scraps
9 deco metal
35 card stock
25 ppaper
10 colors of ink
125 die cuts
20 masks
10 types of distressing
5 using metal
10 piece work assembly
10 items over 1 year
10 creating own die cuts
20 number of photos
5 people in photo
20 photo over 5 years
20 photo smaller than 3x3
10 3+ on layout
10 photo overlap
5 link product

page 399

8 size
1 sticker
10 ppaper
10 specialty paper
5 using specialty paper
5 using computer journaling
10 number of pic
5 people in pic
10 pic over 5 years
200 journal up to one hundred words
25 computer gen journal
25 journaling in gallery descript
5 link product

page 319
both 718

grand 4,806

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I have more but too tired to countzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Doreena

Here is my LO for the Daily Prompt - Birthday! (Logan's fourth birthday is Thursday... )

First Birthday Presents DLO By Deanna Schuler

20 for 2 - 12x12 (144 and up square inches) = 10 points

1 POINT ITEMS ~ One point for each of the following items that you include on your project.
4 for 4 photo corners
2 for 2 individual flat stickers (do not double count letters used in title)
3 POINT ITEMS ~ One point for each of the following items that you include on your project.
27 for 9 dimensional or layered stickers (puffy stars)
5 POINT ITEMS ~ Five points for each of the following items that you include on your project. (3 5 papers = 15 points)
20 for 4 card stocks used
20 for 4 patterned papers used
25 for 5 of stickles, glitter glue, nuvo drops, flower soft, etc.
30 for 6 personally created die-cuts (Cricut cut circles)
10 POINT ITEMS ~ 10 points for each of the following items you include on your project.
20 for 2 number of HAND cut elements (ones that YOU cut out with SCISSORS)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
10 POINT TECHNIQUES~
10 for fussy cutting
10 for creating your own die-cut elements (Cricut, Big Shot, Silhouette, etc...)

PICTURE ITEM POINTS
(5 POINTS)
55 for 11 photos
15 for 3 number of unique persons or animals in all photos combined
(10 POINTS)
50 for 5 number of photos that YOU are in

PICTURE TECHNIQUE POINTS
(10 POINTS)
10 for double page LO with 7+ photos
JOURNALING POINTS
(25 POINTS)
ADDITIONAL POINTS
(2 POINTS)
12 for 6 comments
2 for 1 post in the Anything Goes Form
(5 POINTS)
5 for including technique information in your gallery post with your project
5 for including product information (by linking or by name) in your gallery with your project

(25 POINTS)
25 for each daily challenge completed before the end of the month
(10 POINTS)
10 for completing a daily challenge within 24 hours of its forum posting

432 for this project

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

FEBRUARY 21

Nothing special going on this day. It's just a cold, icy Wednesday in the midwest.

~ Use a COOL color scheme on your project today - no reds, oranges, or yellows.

~ Have fun~

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

And with that - I'm off to bed as well. Have a great rest of your night (or day) and I'll see you on the other side of sunrise!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Love the picture of the goats!! Who knows there may be goats in my future when we move next year onto an acreage with my son and his family!! I think I would like them better than the donkey my DIL is talking about!!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Sewflake

Project 52
Includes February Dates (Feb 1-3)
Week 5 - January 28th thru Feb 3rd

Also for Daily Challenge #16 - try a new technique
First time pre-printing journaling on my photos (see 2nd page)

Project Life - Week5 By Doreena

Edited by Doreena on 02-21-18 10:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to Doreena

Ok, one more from my kit (mostly). I've got some photos printed for having a go at the Bonus Sketch, just haven't got 'round to it yet. This is just a "Scraplift Your Faves" kinda thing.

"Yeah Right!" By Ppilgrim

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to ppilgrim

Well, once again they sent me into work just in time to send me home from work. We're expecting Round 2 of the ice to be here by 2pm, so they've announced library closing at 1:30.

I'm going to get another day of paid afternoon scrappy time!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

You can't beat that Pat. Safe trip home!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

I made it. I'm thinking about taking a quick nap. I got some papers cut this morning, and I'm liking the way they look together, but I'm pretty wiped out from that trip to the house ...

And then there's dinner to fix ... and the idea is just exhausting.

Nap, dinner, and then scrapping for the rest of the evening. I've got a "do-overs" project in the works, hoping to make it be an ABC as well.

It's raining ice at the moment ... sheets of the stuff. We'll be lucky if we keep power on ....

If you DON'T hear from me later this evening, it'll be ok. The temps are supposed to be back into the 40's tomorrow afternoon, so HOPEfully this beast will be short lived.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Glad you are sage fro a harrowing trip home!!
Snuggle in for the night......

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Adevnture By Sewflake

10 size
40 individual sequins
5 title
2 scraps

18 flat punch work
3 preprinted ephemera

20 card stock
10 pp
5 quote
5 type of twin
5 colors of ink
5 colors of crayon
5 chipboard piece
15 personally created die cuts
20 specialty papers – for butterfly and funky shape TH die cut
10 types of distressing

5 crayons*
5 one word title
5 using punch
5 for using specialty paper
5 using preprinted journaling block
5 books

10 using chipboard
10 using crayons not for journaling *
10 items over 1 year old
10 for creating own die cut elements (Silhouette)

10 #pic
5 # people
10 # of pic over 5 years old
10 embellish overlapping
5 link product
5 update sig

25 Daily #17 catch up

page 1 - 318

10 size
44 sequins
2 scraps
3 flat punch work
3 pre print

20 card stock
15 PP
5 quote
5 type twine
20 personally created die cuts
5 challenge – Die machines

20 specialty papers used
20 hand made flowers

5 using punch
5 using special paper

10 using items over 1 year
10 creating own dies
10 photos
5 people
10 embellish overlap

25 Daily #13

page #2 252

Both pages 570

Grand total 5,376

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Sewflake

Round two - and we survived it. Round three is on its way from the NW and should be here in about an hour or so ...

:: I'm SO ready for spring!

FEBRUARY 22

It's WORLD THINKING DAY!

In 1926, Girl Guide and Girl Scout delegates from around the globe met in the USA for the 4th World Conference. Among other decisions, they agreed that there should be a special annual day when Girl Guides and Girl Scouts around the world think of each other and express their thanks and appreciation for our international Movement. This was called Thinking Day. The delegates chose 22 February as the date for Thinking Day because it was the birthday of both Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Boy Scout Movement, and Olave Baden-Powell, who was World Chief Guide.

Celebrated since 1926, World Thinking Day is a day of international friendship. It is an opportunity to speak out on issues that affect young women.

~ Use a light bulb or a thought bubble on your project today.

~ Have fun~

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Round two - and we survived it. Round three is on its way from the NW and should be here in about an hour or so ...

:: I'm SO ready for spring!

FEBRUARY 21

It's WORLD THINKING DAY!

In 1926, Girl Guide and Girl Scout delegates from around the globe met in the USA for the 4th World Conference. Among other decisions, they agreed that there should be a special annual day when Girl Guides and Girl Scouts around the world think of each other and express their thanks and appreciation for our international Movement. This was called Thinking Day. The delegates chose 22 February as the date for Thinking Day because it was the birthday of both Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Boy Scout Movement, and Olave Baden-Powell, who was World Chief Guide.

Celebrated since 1926, World Thinking Day is a day of international friendship. It is an opportunity to speak out on issues that affect young women.

~ Use a light bulb or a thought bubble on your project today.

~ Have fun~

Is this supposed to be for Feb 22 Pat?

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:

Yeah - it is. Sorry.

I just pull a quote from a previous daily to edit, and I don't always remember to change the date.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • Scrapanda Said:

Yeah - it is. Sorry.

I just pull a quote from a previous daily to edit, and I don't always remember to change the date.

No worries!

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to Scrapanda

I deconstructed what was left of my kit last night (I'm so sick of it already) and have embarked on a couple of mini book projects with the left-overs. One's about Rudi's first six months, so that won't be finished until May; the other is for my mom's Mother's Day gift and I'm waiting for my brother to get back from Moose Jaw so I can get some photos from him for that one. That's going to be a while too.

In other words, I'm kinda, sorta done (ish) for February. It has certainly been productive and educational. I know a lot more about what I don't want in a kit, for one thing, AND I now know that you can tell when spring's coming by looking at a horse's butt ;-)

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to ppilgrim

Last one from my kit:

It Wasn't Me! By Ppilgrim

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:
I deconstructed what was left of my kit last night (I'm so sick of it already) and have embarked on a couple of mini book projects with the left-overs. One's about Rudi's first six months, so that won't be finished until May; the other is for my mom's Mother's Day gift and I'm waiting for my brother to get back from Moose Jaw so I can get some photos from him for that one. That's going to be a while too.

In other words, I'm kinda, sorta done (ish) for February. It has certainly been productive and educational. I know a lot more about what I don't want in a kit, for one thing, AND I now know that you can tell when spring's coming by looking at a horse's butt ;-)

I know how you feel... February was kind of a bust for me!

Governor
In response to Doreena

jci before heading home. In the 80s so will definitely spend some outdoor time before dinner and scrapping.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to boricuapr

This is really slow going when counting points.
Here is another page that I added pocket pages to for the extra photos.
Brave By Sewflake

10 size
3 brads
5 title
1 sticker
3 pre printed ephemera

10 card stock
30 PP
5 quote
5 colors of ink
15 personally crated die cuts 3 layer title
5 other challenges – die machine
10 mask
20 types of distressing
5 one word title
5 pre printed journaling block
10 using items over 1 year
10 creating own die cuts
15 photos
20 people in
15 pictures printed over 5 years ago
5 rounding corners
10 single 3+ pic
15 distressing edge of photos
5 up date sig

25 Daily points – boy page
25 bonus scout colors tan blue

this page 287

8 size
19 title
1 sticker
2 scraps
6 pre print ephemera
10 card stock
5 quote
15 personal created die 5 color washi tape
5 machine cut challenge
10 handwritten journaling
10 create own die cuts
15 photos
20 people
15 photos printed over 5 years
10 single 3+ pic
34 hand written journal
5 link
20 new technique to me - – I used a die to cut down the ephemera card plus used a die to cut the shape out of the card stock so the ephemera card would fit back in so it could be seen from both sides.
25 Daily #16

page #2 235

522 for the two pager

G Total - 5,901

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:
I know a lot more about what I don't want in a kit, for one thing, AND I now know that you can tell when spring's coming by looking at a horse's butt ;-)

Yep. It's a genuine guarantee. Of course, people will look at you kind of funny if you start going around examining horse's butts.... but whatever floats your boat. Or cinches your saddle.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

I sort of blew off the entire day puttering around trying to decide just WHAT to do. I folded some laundry, put out some trout filets to thaw for dinner, drank some coffee, watched some television, picked through my kit leftovers trying to become a little inspired, fussed with the dog, put out bird seed for the poor freezing songbirds, fed the horses and the chickens, and then decided that maybe I could do something constructive and creative so I did this.

I've been trying to combine my Leftovers, DoOvers, and ABC challenge into one thing and it just didn't want to work for me, so I gave up and just shelved the ABC. I'll try to make that work for my last AGC Weekly ...

Anyway - this is my February DoOvers/ Leftovers project. It's nothing really out of the park, but it's SO much of an improvement over what it WAS that I can't help but be satisfied with it.

Collect Beautiful Moments By GentlewoodFarms

PROJECT SIZE POINTS ~
1 for 12x12 (144 and up square inches)

1 POINT ITEMS ~
5 for 5 individual jewels (do not double count as stickers)
23 for 23 letters and/or numbers used in title only
10 for 10 number of scraps used (from your leftover scraps stash, not from this project)

3 POINT ITEMS ~
57 for 19 flat punch work items (15 flower layers, 3 small hearts, 1 larger heart)

5 POINT ITEMS ~
40 for 8 patterned papers used (including scraps)
20 for 4 number of fancy dimensional flowers (Prima, Petaloo, FloraDoodle, SpareParts, Reminiscence, etc.)
10 for 2 colors of ink
5 for 1 colors of mist
20 for 4 number of SB.com (with specs) challenges your project is entered into (non specific challenges excluded - volume, hoarders, budget, vlb )
~ DoOvers, Leftovers, Monthly Sketch Bonus, Pet
10 POINT ITEMS ~
50 for 5 number of handmade flowers (made by YOU!)
20 for 2 types of distressing (inking, wet distress)
10 for 1 number of HAND cut elements (ones that YOU cut out with SCISSORS)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
5 for using a punch
5 for MONTHLY THEME ~ for using one of the following themes : PETS

10 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
10 for using chipboard (large heart is layered on chipboard to add dimension)
10 for using multi-media goop type product (doilies are adhered with modge podge)
10 for fussy cutting
~ Monthly Sketch Challenge Bonus Sketch
20 POINT TECHNIQUES ~ only take 20 points once for each technique, no matter how many times you used it.
20 for creating a layout made entirely of scraps (including the background)

PICTURE ITEM POINTS ~
(5 POINTS)
5 for 1 number of photos (4 pics = 20 pts.)
10 for 2 number of unique persons or animals in all photos combined (4 photos of the same person = 5 points)
5 for 1 number of photos over 5 years old

(10 POINTS)
10 for 1 number of photos that YOU are in

(10 POINTS)

JOURNALING POINTS ~

ADDITIONAL POINTS ~
(2 POINTS)
14 for 7 each post in the Anything Goes Forum since your last project post. (Do not include project posts!)
~ Last project was Signs of Spring
(5 POINTS)

AGC SPECIFIC POINTS ~
25 for 1 number of AGC Daily Challenges (# 14 - red heart)

473 ~ TOTAL POINTS THIS POST
6835 ~ CURRENT TOTAL

7308 ~ UPDATED TOTAL POINTS

Teresakay
Mayor
Teresakay

Hi Ladies just checking in ...I had today off and spent most of the day with my Mom( got Tenn tags for my car and paid some bills in the am) we went out to eat and shopping had a good day too tired to work on my aunt's book tonight just one more night to work on it wanted to do 20 8x8 pages have 10 done so hopefully tomorrow after work I can get inspired to do 10 pages ..lol my Mom said you don't have to do the whole 20 just what you can but I like to fill the page protectors up that come with the book at least . Well I am of to bed i am wore out .

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Teresakay

I was putting the finishing touches on my weekly challenge and decided to check it for all the required parts...forgot about the title part... Thinking how to manage that ONE...

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

... my little one decided I was done with my post before I really was... the added challenge to this was I designed this kit to scrap a 1st birthday ... luckily I was smart enough to include solid colors in my kit and my old stand my Bo Bunny Double Dot paper... I really pulled it off... I even scrap lifted a fellow AGC member. My other inspiration... can't remember if it came from her or the 2018 Volume challenge... but I scrapped two photos of my best friend and I... one at my highschool graduation and the other at OUR college graduation... I really enjoyed it... now to tie it up... with a one word title... GAH!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

FEBRUARY 23

It's NATIONAL DOG BISCUIT DAY!

Every dog has its day – and this is it. Nobody seems to know the origins of Dog Biscuit Day, but every canine in the world knows the best way to celebrate it. Pets will be wagging their tails with glee when their owners serve up unusual or home-made doggy snacks to mark the occasion.

The first dog biscuits were developed in the mid-19th century by American manufacturer James Spratt. He came up with the idea after he visited Liverpool in England, where he observed stray dogs hungrily tucking into ship’s biscuits. The first Spratts biscuits were produced in London, with a secret recipe including both meat and vegetables.

Today, dog biscuits are often used in training and as rewards in the show ring. There are even special types of biscuit which clean dogs’ teeth – so giving your best friend a treat can help to keep him healthy!

~ Use the letters D. O. and G somewhere on your project's title today.

~ Have fun~

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
I was putting the finishing touches on my weekly challenge and decided to check it for all the required parts...forgot about the title part... Thinking how to manage that ONE...

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• Deanna Schuler Said:
... my little one decided I was done with my post before I really was... the added challenge to this was I designed this kit to scrap a 1st birthday ... luckily I was smart enough to include solid colors in my kit and my old stand my Bo Bunny Double Dot paper... I really pulled it off... I even scrap lifted a fellow AGC member. My other inspiration... can't remember if it came from her or the 2018 Volume challenge... but I scrapped two photos of my best friend and I... one at my highschool graduation and the other at OUR college graduation... I really enjoyed it... now to tie it up... with a one word title... GAH!

I've got faith in your skilz. You can DO it. You GOT this, girl!

julie101
Diva
julie101
In response to boricuapr

Week 7 Project Life By Julie101

20 Points 12x24
5 Points title
50 Points sticks
60 Points cs and pp
5 Points stamped image
5 Points ink
25 Points die cuts
10 Points glitter paper
5 Points punch
5 Points speciality paper
10 Points piecework
10 Points old items all old expect photos
10 Points for journaling blocks
10 Points own die cuts
75 Points photos
80 Points people in photos
75 Points photos less then month old
10 Points photo of me
30 Points no one in photos
10 Points double layout 7 plus photos
10 Points overlapping
200 Points for journaling
25 Points extra 50 words
40 Points comments left
5 Points product info
5 Points siggy update
100 Points 52 week project
Total 895

Merry Christmas Layout By Julie101

20 Points 12x24 layout
12 Points sequins
14 Points title
10 Points stickers
9 Points die cuts
35 Points Cs and Pp used
5 Points Wink of Stella
75 Points own die cuts
5 Point different font title
5 Points punch
10 Points for piecework
10 Points old items
10 Points journaling
10 Points own die cuts
45 Points photo
10 Points people in photo
10 Points double layout 7 photo plus
10 Points overlapping
108 Point journaling
5 Points product info

Total 408

under5feet
Mayor
under5feet
In response to julie101

So went to dentist yesterday to get a xray and and a mould for the tooth that will be replaced. Found out today there wasn't enough bone to do the implant so had to have a bone implant and it will delay the actually implant by 2 months! AGC #22 Smple By Under5feet

Edited by under5feet on 02-22-18 08:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

Here is my Week 3 Challenge!

I am counting the word friend as my one word title...

Friend By Deanna Schuler

Friend - Points
10 pts for 12x12 (144 and up square inches) = 10 points
3 POINT ITEMS ~
9 for 3 decorative brads (jewel top, epoxy, sequined, theme style, etc)
9 for 3 decorative metal embellishments (small charms, large paper clips, metal tags, etc.)
5 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for 2 card stocks used
15 for 3 patterned papers used
5 for 1 song lyrics
10 for 2 types of ribbon or trim
5 for 1 fancy dimensional flowers
5 for 1 dimensional die-cut shapes (chipboard pieces)
10 for 2 personally created die-cuts
10 POINT ITEMS ~
10 for types of distressing (sanding)

5 POINT TECHNIQUES ~
5 for having a one word title
10 POINT TECHNIQUES
10 for using chipboard, grungeboard, cardboard, etc. (does NOT include title letters)
10 for piecework assembly
10 for creating your own die-cut elements (Cricut, Big Shot, Silhouette, etc...)
10 for scraplifting a member of sb.com (link to the lift required for points)
I Can't Feel My Face... By Doreena

PICTURE ITEM POINTS
(5 POINTS)
10 for 2 number of photos (4 pics = 20 pts.)
10 for 2 number of unique persons or animals in all photos combined
10 for 2 number of photos over 5 years old
(10 POINTS)
20 for 2 number of photos that YOU are in

PICTURE TECHNIQUE POINTS
(10 POINTS)
JOURNALING POINTS
(2 POINTS)
114 for 57 each word of handwritten journaling up to 100
(25 POINTS)
ADDITIONAL POINTS
(2 POINTS)
30 for 15 each comment you post in a gallery here on SB.com.
4 for each post in the Anything Goes Form since your last project post.
(5 POINTS)
5 for including technique information in your gallery post with your project
5 for including product information (by linking or by name) in your gallery with your project
(20 POINTS)
20 for trying a new-to-you technique. (I covered chipboard shape with pp and then sanded edges then inked/chalked edge…

(200 POINTS)
200 for for each AGC Weekly Challenge submitted according to AGC specs
636 TOTAL POINTS

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to ppilgrim

• ppilgrim Said:

And you're joining us again next month, RIGHT? It was fun, RIGHT?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake

Pat, I am getting ready to count another two pages and had a question. The other side of that pocket page uses some of the same papers that show thru... I would assume that those would count one time as it is the same die cut and paper (card stock) that shows, correct? The one is a card that had different printing on the other side and would be like a double sided paper.....

Page 7 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics