Username Post: Grrrrr....        (Topic#1673561)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely love our gallery section, especially the cards and scrap rooms sections. It's the first thing I check out when I sign onto the site. But it's SO frustrating to go out to check on what other people have done with their rooms and find instead the first 43 photos of some couple, half of them making out. I realize from the names that it's likely there is a language hang-up, but isn't there something Admin. can do - maybe a message to the posting individual - to alert them to either move their posts to the appropriate section or they'll be deleted? Sorry - maybe I'm just having a grumpy day.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to dwelch

So, I wonder how many others beside me went to check it out? :>) Yes, definitely doesn't go there! When I scrolled through all that stuff and got through the perfect rooms that I'll never have, I could finally identify with one titled "What a Mess". :>)

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to mrsdriver5

OMG I had to go check it out and NOOOOO!
LOL!
Yeah that's not something I want to see... pretty sure even their REAL LIFE friends don't want to see all that...

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram

LOL-I did !!
It's funny.
I wonder what kind of site she thinks this is??
Also, no matter what site one is posting to- why do people feel the need to post all this stuff??
I guess I'm just getting old- lol !!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to ChansGram

Maybe it's really sb who is doing it to get more traffic to the galleries.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Someone could send a pm or make a public comment just to let her know...

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to mrsmiller

I just posted under the general comments on her page...she just joined...its really very weird...and even weird that it is under scraprooms from a person in supposedly California!

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 01-22-18 09:51 PM
In response to MarciLB

I think she just found a free photo album.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to don1

You can report the image when you are viewing. I'd do it but from the sounds of what you guys are saying, I don't think I want the image burned into my brain today

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to gluemore girl

I did report one photo last night, but they're still in the Scrap Room gallery. I don't know if every photo needs reporting to get attention. I figured one would get someone to check it out.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-23-18 10:38 AM

It's SCRAP rooms, not get a room! Bleh!
I know I am too old. First not the place for those photos at all and second MODESTY is attractive people. Don't need to see it all, especially when I am looking for neat craft rooms, not archeological expeditions like mine is! LOL

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to vawm

I just reported another one and noticed what it says about reporting: "...please report it and our moderators will come by and clean it up in a flash." Well, I guess their definition of "in a flash" is different than mine. :>) There just needs to be a flood of scrappy rooms posted to get these photos moved down and out of view. Unfortunately, my scrap room looks too bad to post. Someone would probably report my photos for being offensive. lol

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-23-18 11:43 AM

Judy, told you mine looks like an archeological dig waiting to happen. I'm not posting it either! LOL

Tenant
In response to vawm

The pictures are gone now. Thanks Scrapbook.com.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to eflevin

And I missed all the fun working away in my own scrap-room!!!

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to Sewflake

I think the tech guys are too busy screwing around with the "products used" feature of the gallery to deal with the gross photos. Has anyone tried to add products used to a project posting lately? What a pain in the arse.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to ppilgrim

I also found the "products used" section COMPLETELY aggravating and unusable.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to mrsmiller

I work for a small online company in which we have to work on a live, active website. When something goes wrong, it's really aggravating and stops everything. But that's the reality too many times and we've had to learn to roll with it.

Hang in there folks! I'm sure sb.com will get it figured out.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Vivian Lake

Yes, when our "normal" way of doing things changes then it can be really aggravating for a time. I can certainly understand why the "products used" section has been revamped, after all this is a retail site supported and paid for by our purchases from sb.com. In return I link what I have used on my pages to help others find the products..... like many scrappers by the time I use or use-up some of those products they are no longer being carried here so my being able to link all of those products that are discontinued, and in some cases been gone for a long time, does not benefit sb.com who in turn are paying people to keep a social site up and running smoothly.

With all of the spam that has been hitting the site recently one can only imagine all the time and effort involved to keep it out!!!

Sure it aggravated me and I was even a bit snarky in my layout post about it being too much effort but once I figured out how to manage "the search" it was not so bad. NO I did not find most of what I used to create my layout but I did find several things that are still available to purchase if anyone is so moved.

When it is all said and done I find a lot of products that I purchase because of how it was used on a layout. I don't care to reproduce that layout for myself but I DO want to use the product on my pages. Do I purchase everything here, the answer would have to be no I do not, I just can't. But I do support this retail site with as much of my $$ as I can because in truth their prices are fair, even better than store front LSS shops (which is another whole sad story of not many scrapbook stores around) which are not in my area of the state.

I am not ready to see all of the online stores go by way of all the local scrapping stores. Which I am sure will happen when they can no longer afford to support everything they provide for the social aspect of their business.

I did not mean to go on and on but those are my thoughts...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Sewflake

Nope, honestly if I can't do something easily, I won't do it.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

And it's been fixed.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to mrsmiller

Has it?? I will need to check it out......hmmm still has everything?? Even the discontinued stuff??
Wonder what happened?

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

Well slap me silly, I didn't need to get on a rant this morning about why they might have done away with discontinued items. I guess it just take a little time to get kinks worked out of any updating they might be doing here!!!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Sewflake

Lol! Sometimes we just need to vent.

don1
don1 
Pro
don1
  • don1 on 01-25-18 05:23 PM
In response to mrsmiller

One of my favorite song writers is John Prine. He has a lot of his music on you tube. Here is a sample of his writing, from his song Bruised Orange;

You can gaze out the window get mad and get madder,
Throw your hands in the air, say "What does it matter?"
But it don't do no good to get angry,
So help me I know

For a heart stained in anger grows weak and grows bitter.
You become your own prisoner as you watch yourself sit there
Wrapped up in a trap of your very own
Chain of sorrow.

The words had an effect on me.

Edited by don1 on 01-25-18 05:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics