Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: February layouts        (Topic#1673665)
dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of February. We also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

February--Jeannie
March---Anna
April--Cheryl
May---
June--Terry

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Cheryl January 13
Kathy January 22
Danielle February 11
Denise February 13
Ashley March 1
Andrea March 8
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Kimberly June 8
Terry August 5
Kay November 10
Anna December 24

[email protected] I forgot it's already February. So I didn't mean to start this so late..some of you are already in bed. I apologize.

Thanks Cathe for hosting January.

I will do better this month. Be back tomorrow to chat.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

I’m here!! Checking in while grandkids are sleeping.

Jeannie - Are you going to put a link in the other thread so everyone knows February is up?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

No worries Jeannie. I usually forget to move the thread when it's my turn. I DID remember the last time. I was so proud of myself.

I'm babysitting Oakley today. It
s 6:26. I'm waiting for the coffee to kick in.

Now Van (11 yr old) is sick.

be back later in the day--or maybe if Oakley goes and plays by himself. Have a nice day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to scrappin 2

I'm here too! Thank you Jeannie but you didn't have to do it at 4:30 this morning!!! tehehe....
thanks Cathe for hosting January!

Everyone is getting sick---that's awful! I hope you all feel better soon!!
Emma's 14th (OMG!) birthday is tomorrow and she's being a hormonal snot about it. All she wants is to give her money to shop--no party, no dinner, etc. Danny is ready to bop her!! After I told him "this too will pass" his response is "well its sad that she'll be gone by the time she becomes nice again". Had to laugh!

Not too sure what I want to do today....catch up on bills for one thing! BBL....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

I was supposed to keep the kids today but Priscilla changed shifts with someone due to sickness so I will not have them today. I can scrap later!!!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good afternoon!

Edited by Anna C on 02-02-18 09:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

A sweater, really? By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hello, busy weekend might not check in, we shall see.

Edited by rockmom on 02-02-18 02:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Home from babysitting.
He's such a fun little guy. We kept busy. I did let him have some Ipad time.

Cheryl-- Yhea!!! you got to be home by yourself and scrap!

I feel badly because my SIL went to work sick.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. We are going to the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wis. girls basketball game. Our adult niece who is a lawyer has a booth with food ---all free. Then we are going to the camper show.

Tonight we are going to the Am, Legion for fish. I feel like I'm a mess though after playing all day. Guess I'll spruce myself up a bit. The couple we go with are in their mid 80's. Mary always looks so nice. I guess she's of that generation that dresses up to go out. This is the Legion.............nothing fancy there. I'll probably wear my winter boots because its' so dang cold in there. Oh well, I'll take freezing feet as long as I don't have to cook. LOL

Have a nice weekend everyone. I'll be in here in the morning most likely.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Smirk By Cdjohnson

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

My tag i made for cheryl

valentines tag By Andrea M

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hi! It was a bit of a wild day at the lab today. I thought one of the lead techs was going to have a heart attack. She was told that two of the techs have turned in their resignations...one has agreed to stay on parttime to work his weekend shift only but the other gave two weeks notice. The problem there is that she switched weekends with a bunch of other techs, even though she knew she was going to leave, and now all those techs are left high and dry and having to switch weekends again. The lead was having a devil of a time trying to adjust the schedule...AGAIN! I felt pretty bad for her.

Cathe- We had very few kids at Scouts tonight because so many kids are down with the flu or assorted stomach and respiratory viruses.

Terry- My sister's a snot about her birthday...except she wants the money AND the party AND the diner.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Funeral tomorrow for my friend’s dad and work 3 nights. I will be scarce!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Hubbs has the weekend off and I'm ready for a day trip somewhere! But the weather is so cold I guess we will stay close to the house and keep warm!

Sounds like everyone has a busy weekend ahead! Have a good one!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Andrea---Lucky Cheryl to the the recipient of your beautiful tag. It is gorgeous!

Cheryl- cute LO of Brayden and Issac. They look alike in their profiles. Handsome guys.
It will be a sad day for you with the funeral and all.

Anna- We are cold too, but we are going to Wisconsin anyway. It will be chilly walking from the parking lots into the buildings but i don't imagine I'll turn into a snowman. LOL

Ashley- I feel sorry for the lead tech too having to adjust all the schedules. do you know why people are leaving? Are the people just fed up with the lab?

Terry- oh those teen years! Our DGD will be 14 in August.Who know what she'll be like by summer. Right now she is really sweet,, as far as I know.

After the girls basketball game at U of W and the camper show, we hope to stop by our nephew and his wife's house. They bought a home last summer and we haven't seen it. PLUS they got a new Golden Doodle puppy!!! We want to see her.

Have a nice day whatever you decide to do gals.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Ashley - What a scheduling nightmare!!

Anna - it is cold here too

Cathe - Enjoy the game!!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Morning! Yep it's cold here too! Hubby went training and this time I decided to stay and just go makeup shopping or something.

Andrea: Such a beautiful tag--would be an awesome gift for Mother's day too. Lucky Cheryl!
Anna: Did you get any snow too? Did you get that Pocket stamp/die? So cute!
Ashley: I sure see where that would be a scheduling nightmare! One of the unfortunate "trends" in our time is not to stay at your job. Always jumping around and hopefully "up the ladder".
Cathe: did you enjoy the dinner last night? I like to get somewhat dressy for going out because I'm in jeans & sweats all day. Have fun today!
Cheryl: Isaac & Brayden sure look alike! It was a great LO of them!
Danielle: I hope you are feeling better
Denise: Whatever you have going on, hope you are having fun!

BBL...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Back from funeral. Time to sleep and work.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Who are you pulling for today?

Eagles all the way baby!

Edited by Anna C on 02-04-18 04:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

It was cold here yesterday but hubs and I decided to get out anyway. We went out for lunch and a trip to Hobby Lobby. Picked up some papers and cardstock. Wild and exciting day but glad to get out!

Are you all still cold today? We are and it is snowing this a m. We are expecting another 2-5 depending on the temps we could get freezing rain and/or sleet in the mix as well. We got 5.5 inches Thursday night.

Andrea, you tag is gorgeous. Lucky Cheryl!

Ashley, I bet the person doing the scheduling is having nightmares!

Cathe, hope you had a great day yesterday. Did your team win? Find your dream camper?

Cheryl, hope you had a good night at work.

Danielle, hope you and the hubs are feeling better.

Denise, hope you are having a fun weekend!

Hey Donna! Hope all is well on your end. How is Bailey adjusting? And your other cats?

Hi Jeannie and Katy!

Hi Kimberly! You are welcome to jump back in at any time.

Hi Kay!

Terry, yes, I have the pocket full of sunshine die but I haven’t used it yet. I got a new unicorn and elephant stamp/die set from Avery Elle that I am anxious to play with too. When you were removing your photos from the old albums, what did you use to loosen up the glue?

Have a great day ladies!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Anna- nice to hear you and DH got out, had a little lunch and went to HL. Is Bucky patient while you look? I avoid taking Rum-o,

Being at a college sporting event is fun. We saw U of W at Madison girl's basketball. We had a skybox and free food. My sister's whole family was there. I held little Hadley for awhile. She's our family's youngest at 7 mos.
The only bad thing that happened is that one of the Ohio State girls fell, was face down and didn't move. It took a long time for the medical team to put her in a neck brace and onto the gurney.I bet it took about 30 min. Rum went on Ohio St. website last night and it said she could move all her extremities and would be ok. I tell ya, I sat there saying some Hail Marys for her.

We got a bit of snow last night. Maybe an inch or two. It is bitterly cold again though.

I don't care who wins the Super Bowl. I'll probably pull for the Eagles since NE always wins.

There were several models of campers that we'd consider. If only you could build your own and take parts from this one and parts from that one. Then I'd have the perfect one. We move so slowly about purchases like this------well Rum moves slowly. I'd have the thing bought and in my back yard. LOL

Enjoy the game or food, or commercials or creating a card or LO today!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Church was cancelled this morning due to the snow, rain, sleet, and ice we are getting. It is a grand mixture of everything. So I have been in my scrap room finishing up some cards.

I followed the photo inspiration in another forum. Their card had dark and light green distressing in the bg. Not sure I like how mine turned out but it is what it is.

See Beyond By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

"Whale" you be mine? By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Be Mine By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Be Mine By Anna C

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Good Morning! We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory for Emma's birthday dinner. And my son was right---she is hormonal at the moment!!! Me:" Emma are you ok?" Emma: "I'm JUST fine" me: "umm ok"! She did talk to me about her new IPhone 8 tho.
It was a good time.

I'm rooting for the Pats just because they have been my fav team for years now. And I apologize to my Dad in heaven who raised me to be a die hard Broncos fan---tehehe!

Anna: glad you got out & about for awhile! Can't wait to see what you do with the pockets. When I removed those photos, I used a product called "Un-Du Remover". It has this plastic part that the liquid slides down onto or under the photo. I quit that soon tho because so much of the liquid was coming out it was everywhere. Used and old paring knife unless the photo wouldn't release, then used the liquid if necessary.

Cathe: it scares me to see athletes hurt at events. Emma hit a softball once and knocked the pitcher right to the ground. They did take her to the hospital but she was walking on her own.

Other than football, I'm doing laundry and scanning in photos!
Have a great day! Hi to all too!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

I am up, time to exercise, shower, eat and work.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Tired, back from my weekend wanderings. Not watching football, not really a fan, even when a team from my area is playing.

Cathe, glad that player is okay. Scary business that!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Not a super exciting weekend here...Saturday we had parent's day at the dance studio and we handed out all the kids costumes. It was sort of very crazy because we had to get the kids into the costumes and then out of them....repack the costumes and give them to the parents. Today, it was gross and rainy out so I spent the day fixing bookcases LOL!

Anna- It's been cold here too! I'm so over winter! I'm rooting for the Super Bowl commercials LOL! I was excited to see the one for "Westworld" Season 2 since it had the show's new season start date!

Cathe- One of the techs that's leaving got a job at a hospital closer to where he lives (he's been traveling two hours to and from work daily) and the other, she got a management job. The bad part is the one who got the management job swapped weekends with a bunch of techs (knowing she'd leave) and now all those techs are in the lurch having to find someone to swap weekends.

Terry- A lot of techs are getting masters in lab management and moving on to management positions. I don't really feel like moving hospitals again since this one is so close to where I live LOL!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

Good morning

Well I got the flu and I been in bed. My husband is not feeling great either. I hope I feel better soon.

Hope everyone has a great Monday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to southern lady

Good morning!!

I'm babysitting today.
It's bitterly cold and snow is on the ground.

Have a nice day. bbl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Danielle, feel better real soon and your hubby too!

Cathe, I will have all 4 of mine that live here today. Cooper at 3 3/4, Emmett just turned 3, Christopher is 10 months today, and Sadie is 4 months on Friday. The girls live in Ft Worth so I won't have them -they'd be help! Kinda concerned. Christopher knows no fear and he crawls so fast. Hope I can contain him while I am feeding Sadie. We haven't gotten the gate installed upstairs yet. I really will need that gate Sadie is using her abs and pulling herself into a sitting position from a recline. At this rate she will be sitting in a month.

Y'all stay warm, safe and well.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Good morning! And WTG Eagles! The weather has finally calmed down. We didn’t get a lot of snow, mainly freezing rain and sleet and then some snow after the temps dropped. Pretty slick this morning and cold too! No snow is expected this week!

Cathe, glad the player was not seriously hurt.

Denise, what did you do exciting?

Ashley, I hear ya! I am so over this cold and snow! I was disappointed in the Super Bowl commercials. And I really missed the Clydesdales too! Bud had a nice commercial but those clydedals……And that commercial with Eli Manning…..dumbest commercial ever! He’s certainly no Patrick Swayze! I’m not a huge fan of The Voice but I did like their commercial.

Terry, when Tom Brady had his helmet off, he reminded me of Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber! Sorry, but that’s what went thru my head when I saw him. Brady needs a haircut bad!!!! I am not a fan of either team but wanted the Eagles to win since they’ve never won before. And to be honest, I have not watched much NFL this year. Their stance on the kneeling during the national anthem really left a bad taste with me. The gentlemen who tossed the coin during pregame is from our area. Thanks for the info about the glue remover.

Danielle, sorry to hear that you have the flu. Take care of yourself. Did you take the flu shot? Hubby? Hope you all feel better soon.

Have a wonderful day!

Edited by Anna C on 02-05-18 08:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Morning! Still gray skies, rain, and chilly! I'm ok with it since it's not hot---
I thought superbowl was an awesome game! Either team deserved to win and the Eagles did it. As far as the commercials: nothing really outstanding imho. I too miss the Clydesdales!!! And half-time---what a mess that was! I like Justin Timberlake but that whole show was just messy. I'm with you Anna on the kneeling thing. We watched maybe 4 games this year. I did notice not one player kneeled! Now it's over for a year --- yeah!

Hope you get to feeling better Danielle!
That's a host of kids to watch Denise!!! Have fun...

My only plan for the day is to get my nails done and scan more photos! Have a happy Monday everyone...

Edited by Abby0317 on 02-05-18 09:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Abby0317

good afternoon. im doing laundry and bills and making calls. nothing real fun lol

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

It's too bad when you type a bunch that it doesn't stay put while you read everyones posts so you can add more to your own post...grrr.
So here is what I said before..I have been feeling ill for awhile and have little energy. I don't feel like doing anything but you know..one must soldier on lol..woke up today feeling great. It comes and goes. Next time it comes I am calling the doctor. Jon will have a month off so that will either cheer me up or...not. lol

Cheryl love your avatar and sorry I didn't refer this thread from old one.

Remember when I used to complain ad nauseum about how my computer would suddenly disappear everything I just wrote..well I accidently discovered that if I click on my servers icon it comes back. We never tried that.

Cathe glad you had a good time on your trip and how scary about that poor girl ...glad she will recover.

Anna we went to an ANTI superbowl party...we have the same bad taste in our mouth too. I don't follow football anyway. Your cards are so cute..I forgot about Valentines day..good excuse to go buy chocolate!

Well Roni may move back here..her significant other wants to move back to California (yuck..so glad we got out of there..never thought I would say that..do you know they have introduced legislation to fine and possibly jail waiters or waitresses if they give a patron a plastic straw unless the person has asked for it..OMG what is WRONG with those idiots!! but I digress) Anyway if she cannot find another roommate she will have to break the lease which won't be cheap and move back here.

Danielle I hope you recover from the flu quickly.

Terry how old is Emma now? I still think of her as a little kid. BTW I wasn't up at 4:30 starting this thread...I do get up that early sometimes thanks to blind deaf Scout who doesn't care what time it is. poor thing.

Ashley well at least it isn't you that has to do the scheduling...love hearing about your sister. Do you sometimes get along?

Denise are you starting to garden yet or thinking about it? Glad you had a good weekend.

Jon will be home after tomorrow til March and then he needs to make the decision to quit driving back and forth. If he is home for that long I won't feel bad leaving for a few days and going to see Katy. That is as far into California as I will drive.
I have not scrapped in so long except for Christmas cards..the good thing is I have not bought any scrappy things for MONTHS,,uh oh...down at the bottom of this page I see there is a PRIMA sale. I better leave here for now. I am gonna go enter for the HGTV dream house in Gig Harbor Washington.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to dollscrap

It snowed today. I had to pick up Kian at school at 2:00. It wasn't too bad then. I like the roads I travel to get him as there aren't many cars.
Casey was going to take Rayn to play rehearsal and would have had to take the boys with her. It's a bit of a drive, probably 30 min. on a good day. There would have been a lot of traffic at 4:30. I offered to stay til so the boys wouldn't have to go. I didn't want them in the car in this weather. The rehearsal was canceled so that took care of that.
Rayn was concerned because tonight they were doing the lighting. Tomorrow is dress rehearsal.
Coming home at 4:00 in the snow was a bit tricky. It was 8 * and snowing. At least I have an all wheel drive car.

Denise- I will not complain about having to play with one four year old all day!! That's parcel of kiddos you had today!! Too bad the older girls weren't there as they would have been a big help.

Jeannie- perhaps you should make a doctor's appointment now. Who knows how long you will have to wait. Are you keeping a journal of your ills and highs and low? The doctors always ask "how long have you had this?" and I'm like ......"I don't know". LOL So take it from me and write down your symptoms.
Poor Roni, it is a brutal world out there! It's so expensive to be on your own unless one has a really high paying job.
Thanks for the tip about clicking on the server's icon. ..........now I have to remember that.

Danielle- hope you and DH feel better.

Terry and Denise- I'm with you on the kneeling during the National Anthem--it's not right.

I got to watch the entire second half of the game. I usually don't watch an entire game, but I did. Doug, & Van went home at half time. This Super Bowl was exciting.

Have a nice evening.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Getting ready for work

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hiya? I'm 10-6 this whole week (except Wednesday since I'm off that day LOL) and today my partners were awful. They were super messy, making my job as the clean up person harder. Usually the two other people, at least, put their slides away but my two partners today left them scattered all over their stations, still covered with oil so I had to clean the table and the slides and put everything away. I can't even complain to the leads because I'm clean-up so it's sort of my job this week.

Cathe- We're supposed to get ice and snow some time this week. I'm hoping it's Wednesday so I'm home LOL!

Anna- I'm very much into movies so I was interested in all the movie trailers they showed. I was especially curious about the one for "Solo: A Star Wars Movie" since that's coming out in May and there hasn't been a single trailer for it yet.

Terry- I think they were having some kind of sound system issue during Justin Timberlake's halftime thing. I like Justin Timberlake but his outfit was soooooooooooooo ugly! It looked like he got dressed in the dark!

Jeannie- My sister and I very, very, very rarely get along. She was over here last night and it's just sort of "be quiet and play along" when dealing with her. We might have gotten along as kids but I mostly just remember her bossing me around.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning and have a lovely day ladies!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Jeannie, I've been slowly working on prepping the garden. Its needs more work still. Its the thought of hefting those heavy bags of manure first into the car, then out of the car, and then into the back yard, and then opened, and then worked into the garden. Oh my back...

Winter is still hanging out in your area. Ita grey, foggy, and damp here. We are on the Yoyo weather journey here: Today 73, Wed 54, Thur 59, Fri 68, Sat 70, Sun 58, Mon 53, Tue 73, Wed71, Thur 71, then back to the 50s. Up, down, up, down.

Have a good day y'all.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to rockmom

good morning everyone.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to andrea m

Good morning!
We actually had some sun yesterday! Woo-hoo... but it was still cold!

Denise: oh my! My back just hurts thinking about your back! Can't your hubby haul those for you?
Jeannie: I agree! It's time to talk to a doctor! Maybe a D or iron deficiency? I'm so sorry for poor Roni! You are 100% right about CA---they just keep digging that hole deeper. I thought your hubby was retired.....
Cathe: be careful in the snow! At least you are used to driving in it!

Hope everyone else is doing great and has a good day! I got my goodies yesterday and can't wait to play!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

We are expecting freezing rain and/ or snow this evening into tomorrow morning. Possibly 1-3 inches.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Today was a babysitting day. I love doing it---if only I didn't have to get up so early! Babysitter is back from Hawaii so Oakley will be back there tomorrow.

Denise- I laughed at you up and down temps. Ours are up and down too.............-14 to 14 LOL
I'll take sunny and cold over gray and gloomy.
Do you have a wheelbarrow? I know, you're still lifting and lugging them into place.
btw how did the day go when you had everybody?

Cheryl Oh I'd rather have snow that freezing rain!!

Ashley- I didn't like Justin Timberlakes 'get up' either. I said to someone that at least everyone had clothes on and there were no "malfunctions".

Have a nice evening!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap

Hi my friends....

I hate going to the doctor but you all are correct. Feel great today.
Last night just as I was about to go to sleep I heard the most horrible (and loud as if right under my window) coyote howl..like in a scary movie...thought it was a nightmare at first...and that was followed by the yipping which is how they usually sound and then an animal screamed. I could not go back to sleep for the longest time. There have been 3 very healthy coyotes roaming around here and I got a good video of them on our property, Fortunately the landscaped portion is fenced but they could jump that if so inclined..I hate taking poor Scout for her late night and early morning (still dark) pee...I'm such a woos.

Denise...manure yuck..but makes things grow. Our temps are pretty constant...cold! lol. But lately we are enjoying mid 50s.The snow pack is just 30% of normal ..total opposite of last winter.

Terry..Jon is retired from the phone company but took this job 15 or 20 years ago...wasn't so bad when we lived there but this trip is getting to him. He may do one more class (6 months) and will drop scenarios...that's like roll play.

Ashley so sorry about your sister...well you have all of us.

Jon just called me...we are going to dinner..our realtor gave us a $150 gift card at a favorite restaurant..gonna go spend it.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

No, hubby can't lift, heart patient. Nope to a wheelbarrow but I do have 2 two-wheel carts but they are hard to use in grass. Just gonna have to do it or maybe on a day son in law isn't working he could tote them.

Jeannie, yikes, too close for comfort on the coyote. I'd be a woos too!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Oh meant yo say it was too much work to have all 4 by myself. Also don't have things set up for a crawler yet. I was so tired!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Not enjoying my 10-6 week...my 9-5 partner is very lazy and doesn't like to work or help me clean up. I'm glad I'm off tomorrow so I don't have to deal with this girl and her being lazy. I'm supposed to go to M's tomorrow to get stuff for Girl Scouts on Friday. I'm putting my craft together tomorrow since I can't on Friday.

Denise- The weather here is confused as well. Some days it's pretty warm but then we have cold rain and snow. I wish mother nature would make up her mind!

Cathe- People were very angry that Justin Timberlake sang the song he was singing during the Janet Jackson "malfunction" incident.

Jeannie- Coyotes?! That's freaky!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

JCI

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Did you know that today is

Edited by Anna C on 02-07-18 03:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Cheryl, did you get freezing rain? They are calling for it here. Hope it waits until I get to work.

Jeannie, coyotes are a big problem here in our area. In fact, it is so bad there is a bounty on them. Where my parents and brother live, they hear them at night. The coyotes howl and then all of the area dogs bark....makes for a long night and no sleep! Where I am at, I don't hear them.

Cathe, hope you got to sleep in this a m!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!
I woke up at 5:45 but went back to sleep til 8:00. It felt good.

Jeannie- Yikes!! How un-nerving!! It's scary how the bigger, wild animals are comfortable lurking around our homes.
Did you look up what might keep them away from the dog ---sound? Light? fire? ----I can see you outside now with a lighted torch! LOL
(I know it's no laughing matter, but that's were my mind went)

Anna- Guess I'll send a card out to someone. I don't have a very good stash of cards made up.

Ashley- I don't know how these lazy people keep their jobs!

Denise- I bet you were tired after watching the little tikes.

Bad news: My brother Mark has to have 4 months of chemo. After the last time he said he wouldn't do it again. Oncologist is going to use a different chemo hoping one of the side effects isn't as bad.

Have a nice day. bbl

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Anna - Yes we got freezing rain. Fortunately, I am off and can just stay home.

Cathe - Prayers for Mark!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Cathe, hugs and prayers for your brother. Cancer is so prevalent its awful.

Mom, Tim and I are talking about taking a trip this early fall, 1st of Sept. time frame. We are talking about going to Yellowstone. We shall see!

Cheryl, glad you have today off so you don't have to get out on the ice.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Old Montalba By Rockmom

Robert Starke Armistead By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

San Jacinto Battleground Park By Rockmom

General Braxton Bragg By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Battleship Texas. By Rockmom

Railroads in Mineola By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Milburn-Gary House By Rockmom

Select Theater By Rockmom

That's it for the Texas History layouts for now. I will do more after I print off Photos. Gonna wait until a 1 cent sale at Snapfish.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning--went to the gym, started laundry, and now I can sit for a sec!

Anna: I'm hoping to at least get a card made today! Steve made me angry yesterday and I got the floors swept, vacuumed, and mopped. The kitchen & stovetop were sparkling clean, dishwasher emptied & loaded. And I did a spot carpet cleaning. All in 90 min! Maybe I should get angry more often. The point is I can do what I want today!!!
Ashley: it really amazes this old woman how many young kids do not take pride or responsibility in their work or work ethics. Such a shame that you have to clean up after this gal!
Cathe: You wouldn't like living in the Pacific NW if you don't like gray skies. It doesn't bother me but I also cannot physically take hot days either. Prayers for your brother Mark! cancer sucks!
Cheryl: are your roads and weather as bad as they are in Iowa? I saw a news blip about a 100 car pile up on some hiway and as you watched the video more cars just piled up one after another.
Danielle: still not feeling better?
Denise: I know why I don't like gardening here ---back pain! I bet you were tired after chasing all 4 kids all day!!!
Jeannie: We have coyotes here too. That yipping you heard was them killing an animal for food. What I will tell you is that they are extremely afraid of humans. So if you are letting Scout out and you spot one just yell or move your arms. They will run!

I bought my new fish eye lens last night! Can't wait to play with it....

Edited by Abby0317 on 02-07-18 10:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - My daughter said only the overpasses and bridges were bad

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Terry, no his home is no longer there, just the marker.

Terry, yep, back pain makes it hard to garden. Once I get it in its not so bad. Just keep it watered, picked, and fed. Raised beds help keep weeds down.

Fisheye lens!!! Yippee! Congratulations! What a fun lens. I would like to upgrade to a better wide angle lens. I have a 18-55mm lens but with my crop sensor camera body its really not 18mm its 27mm. Good thing about a crop lens is a telephoto lens is actually longer so my 200mm is really a 300mm. I love my 40mm micro lens for everyday and portraits but I also love a panorama view for landscapes so a wider lens would help.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Cheryl- so glad you didn't have to go out, but I bet you worried about Priscilla and everyone else that had to go to work.

Terry- Yhea on the new lens!!
90 min. and you did all that??? Wow,
I love to visit the PNW, but I think I'd get depressed with all those cloudy days.
I don't do hot well either. Thank heavens for air conditioner.
One reason I want a new camper besides having a potty is that I want air conditioning!!

Denise- all that lens talk is foreign to me. I took a camera class once, but it went too fast for me. They should hold an over 65 class and go much slower. LOL
All your Texan LOs are very interesting.

We're supposed to get a big snowstorm starting tomorrow evening. I have to get Van (age 11) at 3:10 from school and stay with him and his sister all night. Doug (DS) is going on a snowmobile trip. Charity (DIL) is in Spain on business. Then Fri. morning I have to take Van to school. Nev's a Senior and takes him in good weather, but tomorrow she has to go early. My suitcase will be packed for an extra day/night in case I can't get home.

Well time to go sit. Have a nice evening.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! It was a terrible and rainy day here (which seems to be a thing whenever I have a day off) so I spent the day inside reading. The only bad thing about the weather was that my mom and I were supposed to go to M's to get stuff for a Valentine craft I want to do with Daisies on Friday but we never got there because of the weather. My mom says she'll go tomorrow while I'm at work...which I hope is true.

Cathe- Praying for your brother!

Denise- My sister and her husband went to Yellowstone either last year or the year before. They said it was very nice there.

Terry- It amazes me that a lot of my co-workers are more than willing to dump their work on someone else...usually me LOL! In this case, I have to do it because it's part of my job and I don't want to get busted for slacking off.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Good morning!! Grandkids getting here shortly. Hope to scrap this evening.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

The weather people are saying we are going to get up to 9 inches of snow. It's to start around six and continue overnight.

I'm going out this morning and pick up a few groceries to take to Doug's. He'll be here with the dog in a few minutes. Ozzie will stay with Rum today, tonight and tomorrow until Charity gets back. Which in itself isn't good timing. She drove to O'Hare and her plane is to land at 1:30 p.m. I hope O'Hare doesn't close. I guess Ozzie freaks out when the family is gone. I don't know how they know this. He's an Old English Sheepdog.

So- have a good day. I'll bbl.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Anybody make and send a card yesterday? I have two in the process but that's as far as I got with them.

Ashley, we had lots of rain yesterday too. Then the temps dropped and ice everywhere but the roads are well treated.

Cathe, enjoy your stay with the grands. Sure hope you don't get all of that snow! Prayers for your dear brother. Cancer stinks!

Terry, yeah on the new lens! Enjoy!

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Anna C

Cathe so sorry to herre your brother needs more chemo.

Anna i did make and send a card yesterday for a b day swap.

Im working on finishing my valentines so i can get them in the mail on sat .

I dont miss the overcast grey in Wa. But We have extreme cold and heat here. This winter was extremely mild so i am gearing up for a really hot summer. As last winter was extreme snow and a mild summer.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to andrea m

Good morning!

Andrea: I need to get at least 1 Valentines card done!
Anna: Yep I actually did start a card yesterday for my son's birthday--surprise! And did 7 loads of laundry too!!
Ashley: sorry you didn't get to M's! I worked with the boss's daughter who was 17 and she wouldn't do her own work but would interfere with everyone else. I wonder now who she's working for and how they handle her!
Cathe: have fun babysitting! I hope the storm doesn't dump a lot of snow! I was seeing that hiway in Iowa and then Jody posted one from New Hampshire. Poor people just getting crashed into! Scary....
Cheryl: have a good day...
Denise: I know about those lenses and having a favorite too. My huge lens is so heavy I hate to carry it but it does such cool things! I was looking at the prices of new Nikons too and holy cow they sure have sky rocketed! Loved looking at all your samples from FB. Beaut-ee-ous!!!!!

So who's making their hubby's Valentine's card? I am---anyone else?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Holy moly Terry, that was a lot of stuff in a few minutes, then you did 7 loads of laundry ! Thanks for commenting on my FB photos.

No card, just LOs. I should make some to send to the granddaughters. Hubby doesn't care so not worth the effort.

Ashley, I've been to Yellowstone 2 times as a kid. Never as an adult. While I remember it, it was a long, long time ago. Id like to see it again. and Hubby has never been, he really wants to see it.

Cooper stuck a little candy bead up his nose. We couldn't get it out. Had to take him to the Emergency/After Hours Clinic. They did get it out. We tried the NoseFrida suction thingy, hanging him upside down for gravity to help, the mother's kiss - closing the unblocked nostrel and blowing in his mouth none worked. They used a tiny catheter to get behind the candy then filled the tiny balloon on end of catheter with saline to then pull it out. Worked like a charm. UGH, his momma was so tired already then to have to do that, shed din't get supper until after 10 and had to be at work at 6. Its a 45 inute drive into work for her. Poor girl is gonna be dead when she gets off this afternoon at 2.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Oh, y'all getting bad weather please be careful. Its awful all those multi-car crashes.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Celebrate Fall By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Courtney at 6 years old By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

photo with santa By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Courtney By Rockmom

I really hate it that I can't hold the camera over my head and get it straight.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Beautiful By Rockmom

Didn't turn out as I had envisioned it but its okay.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

ACU

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Here's the birthday card I started yesterday. It's a bad photo and the flash made it look like it has glitter on it. TFL...
Son's Birthday Card By Abby0317

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Watercolor Spritz technique in the Inspirational Card Challenge. TFL!

To a wonderful friend... By Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 02-08-18 06:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

I finished a pocket letter for Valentine's Swap tonight but can't post it until my partner receives it. Next up, I am attempting a STEAMPUNK loaded tag. WAY out of my box!!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! My 10-6 is slowly trying to kill me LOL! Today I had to pretty much run from work to the tram to the dance studio...and tomorrow I have to do the same except it's to get to Girl Scouts. Then I have to work this weekend LOL! The one bright part this week has been the fact my red pointe shoes have come in! I've always wanted red pointe shoes, ever since I was nine years old and first put en pointe. Now I finally have a pair to call my own!

Cathe- Ick on the snow predictions! We're just supposed to have a lot of cold this coming weekend but no word about snow. I'm hoping that we don't get any.

Anna- We're making cards tomorrow at Girl Scouts...Valentine cards shaped like hedgehogs with hearts for quills. It's not as strange as it sounds LOL!

Terry- I have to remember to buy Valentine Cards for my parents....I'll probably do it after work over the weekend.

Denise- My sister did something like that when she was little, except it was with a Barbie doll's hand. My mom had to take her to urgent care. She told the doctors there she did it, and I quote, "to see if Barbie could pick her nose."

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

World's Best Dog By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Dinner tonight!

Edited by Anna C on 02-09-18 07:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Good morning and Happy Friday!

Ashley, I have seen a lot of Valentines cards with hedgehogs. They're full of cuteness!

Cathe, did you get all of that snow? We are actually in a warm up and expecting lots of rain this weekend.

Cheryl, steampunk! Wow! How awesome that you are stepping way out of your comfort zone. I need to challenge myself to do that. Look forward to seeing your creation! How do you display your pocket letters that you receive? I assume these are just for display?

Danielle, are you and hubs feeling better?

Denise, beautiful layouts of Courtney! She's a beauty!

Terry, love the paper you used on your card!

Edited by Anna C on 02-09-18 03:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Good luck on your attempt at steampunk.

Ashley, a Barbie head! Wow!

I like the cards Terry and Anna, very nice. It's so nice seeing your parents Cheryl. Cool photos for sure.

Had pizza last night, not doing it twice in a row. Lol

I kept Sadie last night , daughter got sick -tummy pain throwing up. Etc. Poor thing is really sick. Tured now because sleep was non existent worrying about daughter and baby waking up an unusual 3 times.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Hi all,
Thanks for the comments! It really felt good to create something since its been such a long long time.

Oh my stars Denise, those were gorgeous LOs and photos of the girls. I loved the blue one with the flowers---so simple and yet so stunning!!! I loved those samples--so unique and something the average person -- me-- won't see!
Anna: I so love pizza but I had some stomach issues last night & am going to eat pretty bland today!
Cheryl: a steampunk tag huh? I bet its going to be terrific. I do like a lot of the steampunk things like gears & lace together!
How on earth do you keep those sweet pointe shoes on your feet Ashley? I thought they had to have ribbon ties.

Think I'll start on Valentine cards since I don't want to help hubby clean his garage!!! hahaha....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Thanks Terry. Yes the flowers and title are silhouette cuts.

Edited by rockmom on 02-09-18 12:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Had a bit of a crazy day at Girl Scouts. My Daisies were...very excited...about the bags of stickers I gave them. Most wound up on their cards but a few of the kids went home with stickers on their faces and foreheads as well. All I could say was "I didn't want to take them off." I have to work this weekend...at the hospital, not at the dance studio LOL!

Anna- My Daisies thought hedgehogs and groundhogs were the same thing. Once we got past that (involving me showing them pictures on my phone), it was all good LOL!

Terry- I use ribbons and elastic to keep my pointe shoes on my feet. I just haven't sewn them on yet...also, I haven't found red ribbons or elastic for the red shoes so I probably have to do that first.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Cathe, are you snowed in? Hope all is well.

Be back later!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Valentines By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Always on my mind By Anna C

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Life is Sweeter By Anna C

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

I feel so behind since I wasn't in here yesterday.

Love all the new LOs and cards!!

Terry- I was impressed that you made a card!! Make some more!!

Anna- I mailed out one card. You have some beautiful cards to have on hand.

Denise- oh your poor DD. How scary to have Cooper stick a bead up his nose! ...........and now she is sick. UGG. Good thing she has you!
I love seeing those darling granddaughters of yours!

Cheryl - it is fun "seeing" your parents.

Ashley- congratulations on the new RED pointe shoes.
When is the recital?

Andrea- I remember that you didn't have much snow last year. We didn't either. We are still in a deficit.

We got 6 inches of snow. I think Rockford got 7. This morning there are 2 more inches. The snow hadn't started yet before I got Van at 3:10 on Thursday. Casey texted me that she didn't need me/us to take Rayn to rehearsal Friday morning. Schools were called off Thursday night so I no longer had to worry about getting Van to school.
We have a couple of more chances to pick up 1 or 2 more inches this weekend.

I didn't get up until 9:00. I was so tired last night. I think it was from all the stress of worrying. DH asked me if all that worrying was worth it. ............well, I had to admit, no.

I'll be getting Van and going to Rayn's play at 2:00. She's in a CYT (Christian Youth Theater) production of Annie.

Have a nice day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hubby left to go train the dogs but unfortunately I don't have the day to myself. Emma needs to get to practice so I'll be gone from 10 to 3 today. Luckily for me the place they are practicing is right pass the craft store!!! And Kohl's, etc. Guess I'm shopping today!

Cathe: I made 3 Valentine cards yesterday---and played with the Brusho paints. Have fun at the play!! Does Rayn want to be an actress?
Anna: such sweet cards! Are you making Bucky the card-a-day thing this year?
Ashley: Barbie head???? How did she get that into her nose?
Denise: When Aaron what 3 his little playmate stuck a raisin up her nose & never complained. It wasn't til she started stinking really bad that her mom took her to the dr. I did take very long surgical clamp scissors to remove it. Still grosses me out!

Y'all have a great Saturday!!!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

A card for Andrew:
Valentine 2018 By Abby0317

Lauren & Emma's card:
Valentine 2018 By Abby0317

Thanks for looking....

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Abby0317

Cathe we had a ton of snow last year. More than we have ever had. This winter we did not get barley any.

I should be going back to work part time the beginning of march then will work into full time again. I am ready to go back. its been a long few months.

You ladies have been busy this month so far. Loving all the los and cards.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

hello there

well i am feel much better now. i hate the flu hope i don't get it again. my husband still not feel great. i been taken it easy. my mom and dad got a new dog. i hope my husband feel better soon and then i can clean the house really good. yea this winter was not the greatest we didn't get much snow. last year we got tons of snow like andrea said. well hope to get back on working on the baby book here.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Andrea. Thanks and yes it is ribbon.

Just got so dark, think it is about to pour rain a gain.

DD feeling much better, thankfully.I

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Danielle - Hope you get to feeling better

Exhausted!! I will check in tomorrow

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Happy Birthday Danielle! I hope you are feeling better!

Edited by Anna C on 02-11-18 05:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics