Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: February 2018 Angel Card Swap        (Topic#1673681)
TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4

This month's Angel Swap will be a bit different. We will be sending Valentine Cards to each other. Kathy (Scrap-Time) will be randomly assigning names. Then in March either Kathy or I will host the regular swap.

Please sign up by the 8th. Please pm Kathy your address and then she will pass out the names.

Kathy's received your info:
Card mailed:

Participants:

1. Karen
2. Lorna
3. Marylou
4. Beth
5. Ro
6. Bev
7. Stephanie
8. Martha
9. Kristie

Edited by TexasMomOf4 on 02-21-18 04:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to TexasMomOf4

I am in. I can do one Valentine's card for an Angel.

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to Lorna Lee

Great idea, count me in to bless one of our angels!!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to Meggies Nana

I'd like to participate. How many cards do we need to make? How many people are we assigned?

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4
In response to My Creative Shenanigans

Welcome Beth! This month is not our normal month. Our regular host is taking a break for a bit. Because this month is so short I decided that we would just send a Valentine card to one of our angels. So, this month you only need to make 1 card. Make sure that you pm Scrap-Time (Kathy) your address so she can assign you an angel to send a Valentine card to.

Next month, we will be back to our regular swap. If you participate next month, you submit a name to the host with a reason you would like a card sent to that person. You will then be assigned a name to send a special card to during the month.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

OH! This sounds like so much fun. I definitely want to start participating in this.

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to My Creative Shenanigans

Beth, how exciting to see a new face, not to say the old faces aren't lovely! lol It is always fun to get new people into our swap!

Karen, thanks for taking over. Kayla is overwhelmed right now & she needs a break!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Welcome Beth

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Lorna Lee

Hello angels and welcome Beth! Happy February to all of you

Thanks Karen and Kathy for helping!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to rolbricht

Yay! Ro is here. I was getting worried.
Such a wonderful group of Angels blessing others every month. And looks like we have new Angels coming to join us. Praying for our Kayla that she has a good month.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Lorna Lee

You can add Ro to the first page.

Lorna I still need your address please.

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4
In response to Scrap-Time

• Scrap-Time Said:
You can add Ro to the first page.

Lorna I still need your address please.

Did you get Marylou's and Beth's?

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Yep! I have everyone's address now!!

Nylene motherbambi
Mayor
Nylene motherbambi

I'm sorry I have to bow out this month. Too many things going on here and I don't want to "drop the ball". I'll find you all next month.
Nylene

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Nylene motherbambi

Count me in, Kathy!

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4
In response to scrapperbee

Good morning ladies!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

I have Bev's address!

stephanieww90
New Kid On the Block
stephanieww90

Hi! I would like to join how do I? How do I pm scrap time?

Edited by stephanieww90 on 02-08-18 03:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to stephanieww90

• stephanieww90 Said:

I'll pm you so you can just respond.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

I started sending addresses last night till I was falling asleep and not sure what I was sending. Then trying to get ready for a scrapbook retreat in Branson this weekend. Will get the rest of the names out in the next couple hours!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

My card is going in the mail tomorrow (Friday ).
Secret Valentine Angel, I hope that you can take a pic for me. The one that I took before I sealed it disappeared from my phone. Of course it is all sealed up and ready to go. LOL.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Lorna Lee

Names and address have been sent! Let the fun begin! Can't wait to see the cards once the receiver has them!

Okay must get to bed. Suppose to leave for retreat at 11....not sure that is going to happen.

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4

• stephanieww90 Said:

Welcome Stephanie!

I got my address. I'll hopefully have a scrap room after the weekend so I'll actually have scrapping space. Today the front door is supposed to be put in and touch ups done. Then I think we are all done. I've already started moving down stairs. We've slept in a real bed now for 3 nights. Once I get all moved in (or most of the way) I'll post pictures.

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana

Karen, I am so excited that you are almost done! To sleep in a real bed has to be heavenly for you!

I will get my card made this weekend...hopefully! Seems like so many things keep popping up.

Glad to see some newbie's here, YIPPEE!!!!!!

Kathy, have fun at your retreat!!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Oh yeaah! We have THREE new kids to play with! Welcome!
Karen, I also am glad to hear things are just about back to normal at your house.
Lets all have some wine tonight and celebrate!

Martica
Queen
Martica

Hi ladies can I join? How does it work?

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

Martica so glad to see that you found our little group of angels. We really do enjoy bringing smiles. This month is a little different as we just randomly received a name of another angel to send a Valentine's card to.
Next month we will be back to normal. We send a name and address of a person who needs a card and a reason.... loss of job, death, depression.... Sometimes it is a just because. Then our hostess randomly mixes up the recipients and assigns us each one.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Lorna Lee

You party poopers! I guess Ill just celebrate all by myself! Im having some Moscato...good stuff.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to rolbricht

Ro I checked in at 1230 and was up till 2 but figured you were sound asleep!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Hi! I dont know just what time it was when I shut down last night but it was after midnight. Musta just missed each other.
I was still trying to go to sleep at 3:30. I had a terrible night. I seem to be getting another cold. I had one in Dec, one in Jan and now one in Feb. What the heck!!

stephanieww90
New Kid On the Block
stephanieww90
In response to rolbricht

It must be nice to sit up and craft all night I can't no more for the little one but after being out of it for two years in just glad to be back in crafting but still ain't got my room finished so I borrowing the living room lol!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

• stephanieww90 Said:
It must be nice to sit up and craft all night I can't no more for the little one but after being out of it for two years in just glad to be back in crafting but still ain't got my room finished so I borrowing the living room lol!

Hi Stephanie. I only work a few hrs a wk so I really have lots of time on my hands. After March Ill have even more time on my hands cuz I will be retired, I hope then to find more things to do besides creating cards!

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to rolbricht

Ro, I am so sorry you drank the Moscato by yourself, bummer! I seldom drink wine, but when I do that is my fave. Congrats on retiring. I am sure you are ready, but you don't really look old enough to retire! I don't even see wrinkles on you face, that is sooooooooooooo wrong!

Kathy, I am sure you had a great time scrapping with your friends. If I was up that late I would lay my head on my papers & my friends could cover me with my blankie!

Got my card done & won't mail it till Monday. Not sure it will make it by Valentine's Day???

Martica & Stephanie nice to see you!!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Marylou, keep in mind that my profile photo is now 4 yrs old...lol I have a few more wrinkles now...ugg. And, Im not waiting till full retirement age. Im going out at 60. My husband retired from the railroad. He worked there over 30 yrs so he was able to go out at the age of 60, so now I can too. Ill receive more money than if I continue working. I hope to be able to travel to see family more often and maybe go other places too. We'll see...

stephanieww90
New Kid On the Block
stephanieww90
In response to rolbricht

I totally bummed myself out earlier over you all for some reason I could post nothing couldn't send private message or even see my old ones me being new to this site I thought I did something wrong and got kicked out lol then realized I wasn't logged in lol problem fixed lol craft problems no problems technology to many problems lol!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

So glad you figured it out Stephanie!!

Everyone - Stephaine's mom, Kristie, wants to do the Valentine swap but she isn't tech savvy so Stephanie is going to communicate for her until she can set Kristie up with an account and show her how to navigate the site.
We had a couple people join yesterday so I will finish drawing names tomorrow night. So the swap will close tomorrow at 2 pm (no more names).

stephanieww90
New Kid On the Block
stephanieww90

Yes I'm going to set my mom an account up tonight I'm still teaching her the newer craft stuff but she's eager to learn and help you all out to cheer you up.

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4

Marylou, I haven't even started my card. So, i know mine will not get to it's destination by Valentine's Day. However, in my mind Valentine's Day is all month, so I'm good.

No one came to put in the front door and finish all the little things that need to be done. I'm going to make a list of what needs to be done and email that to the Project Manager.

I have been moving back downstairs. The furniture has been built for the office/scrap room. Just a few things left to do there. I'm going to start putting my craft supplies away. Hopefully by Tuesday I can use my scrap corner. Yes, I'll post a picture.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Hello angels. My husband dropped my card off at the post office yesterday. It has a long way to go...

New Kid On the Block
In response to rolbricht

Hello ladies! My name is Kristie Cheek I am stephanies mother and I would like to join this swap!

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to KristieCheek1966

Kristie, we are excited to have you join our little group! If I can get around in here you can too! I am not computer savy at all! Stephanie, breathe girl, you can't show your mom that you are confused!!

RO, retiring at 60 how awesome for both you & your hubby. Traveling will be fun. Do you have an RV?

Karen, you are right February is the month of love so we are good!

I was so excited last night at the Olympics, a 17 year old young man from Silverthorne CO took Gold in the snowboarding! WOOHOO!!! Since I live in CO & know exactly where Siverthorne is I was doubly excited!!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Good job Stephanie! Glad youre joining us Kristie!

Marylou, no RV. We wont be doing THAT much traveling. Ive always had trouble getting Doug to go anywhere but I hope he'll be a bit more co-operative since we'll both be free to come and go.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to rolbricht

This month is officially closed. All names being given out. Let the Valentine Card swapping begin!

Karen - Please add Kristie and Martha to the front list. So my list has 9 ladies swapping Valentine cards!!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Happy Birthday to you-Happy Birthday to you-Happy Birthday dear Kathee-Happy Birthday to yoooo

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to rolbricht

Kathy, happy birthday & I hope you have a wonderful cake day!!

How fun that we have nine participating, YIPPEE!!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

There's a birthday in the house! Happy birthday!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Lorna Lee

Thank you! Feeling pretty special with all my friends wishing me a Happy Birthday!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

My caRd should have been received. Maybe today, I mailed it out last week.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Lorna Lee

Went out of town this weekend to see dgs play basketball--and older dd went into hospital with a blood clot (Kathy, the one you know). So, a little off schedule, but hope card will go out tomorrow.

BTW--she's doing fine, just has to use blood thinner the rest of her life.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

• scrapperbee Said:
Went out of town this weekend to see dgs play basketball--and older dd went into hospital with a blood clot (Kathy, the one you know). So, a little off schedule, but hope card will go out tomorrow.

I dont know if I know your daughter but Im glad shes doing alright.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to rolbricht

• rolbricht Said:
  • scrapperbee Said:

I dont know if I know your daughter but Im glad shes doing alright.

I doubt if anyone but Kathy knows her--she doesn't scrap and has never been on this site, but Kathy met her at a crop a couple years ago. DD didn't scrap, but she read and enjoyed the company!

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4

I received a beautiful card yesterday from Lorna. Thank you very much. It put a smile on my face.

The plan is for the house to be finished today. We shall see. With that being said, I have a scrap corner now. I still have a few things to put away, but I now have room to work.

New Scrap Corner By TexasMomOf4

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Karen, I am so glad that you liked it. Love your new space, Happy that it is all coming together for you.

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to Lorna Lee

Here is the card that I sent Karen. Thanks for photo Karen.

Valentine Card for SS Angel By Lorna Lee

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to Lorna Lee

The card is beautiful Lorna!

Karen your space is awesome! I wished I had a craft room, but my dining room table works.

My card should go out by Thursday. Missed Valentine's Day, so sorry!!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Hi angels. Happy Valentines Day!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to rolbricht

Card is in the mail today!

And, happy Valentine's Day to all!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee

Happy Valentine's day Angels!

May God's love shine on you and through you.

stephanieww90
New Kid On the Block
stephanieww90
In response to Lorna Lee

Happy Valentines Day! A little behind but mine and moms card will go out to mail today! Sorry a little late.

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY sweet angels!!

Mailed my card this morning!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

No cards are late! You have till the 28th to spread some happiness to an angel! Can't wait to see them all!

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4

Mine goes out int he mail today.

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana

Just stopping by to say !!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

When you get your card let us know so the sender can post it here for all of us to see!!

stephanieww90
New Kid On the Block
stephanieww90

I got a beautiful lovely card today it made me smile so much to finally have something from another crafter thank you so much! Scrapperbee lol question is how do I upload pictures on here?

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Glad you got the card, Stephanie!

Valentine's card By Scrapperbee

Not only did I make a card, I also used my JN stamp!

stephanieww90
New Kid On the Block
stephanieww90

It was beautiful thank you!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Stephanie - when the person you sent a card to says they received it then you will post it on the thread. Here are instructions. Do you know how to upload a card to your gallery?

Just in case anyone needs it, here are the directions on how to embed your cards to the thread.

*Click on the picture you want to link in your gallery
*On the right side of the page, under "Add to Favorites", click on "Link"
*Click the bubble button beside IMG code
*Click any bubble under image code to resize the photo
*Left click and highlight code that is inside the box
*Click CTRL & C to copy (or right click on highlighted part and click on “copy”)
*Come back to the thread and press CTRL & V (or right click and click on “paste”) to post the link
*click add post and that's it!

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4

Good morning ladies!

All that needs to be done is the second coat on my front door. It has been humid, so it has taken longer for the paint to dry. I am slowly bringing stuff down from the attic and putting it away. Even though we are done with the rebuild, it is going to take time to get back to a normal running household. Whatever normal is.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Hi angels. Im surprised with as many of us that are participating that theres not more chatter and displaying of our cards. My card was the first one sent out, I hope it landed ok and that its recipient is doing well.

We're getting buried with snow here and more is coming with deep cold...brrr and yucky-poo. I always worry about power outages during such storms. In times like this, I REALLY miss having a fireplace.

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4
In response to rolbricht

You should come see me Ro. We are supposed to be near 80 today and for the next several days. This is not our normal February weather though.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Hi Karen. We've had lots of above normal temps here too. Then we sometimes get this horrible kind of cold thrown in. We're all so mixed up, even the geese dont know which way to fly!

Id love to visit you. Why do you have to live so far away?

I was out sick again all last wk. Im feeling lots better now, so Im going in to work for a while. I'll be the only one there. I want to get some things caught up. I only need to walk next door. Itll be nice to move about and to chatter with the residents.

C ya later...

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to rolbricht

Ro, I think your snow is heading our way! Not sure how much though, but you definitely sent us your wind. It has been bad for two days now. Glad you are feeling better!

Karen, 80 how nice, but a tad warm for this time of year. I think our weather has been really messed up this year.

I have been under the weather as well & have to go to an ear, nose & throat specialist today. My ears have been bothering me...always something!

Hope you sweet angels have a blessed day!

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Hi Marylou ohh boy, the wind has been horrid lately! Today, thankfully, its been pretty calm. Not sure of the actual amount of snow but when I walked over to work earlier, the undisturbed snow was nearly a foot deep! I think thats plenty but Mother Natures not quite done yet with it yet.

I hope your ears feel better shortly!

Lorna Lee
Queen
Lorna Lee
In response to rolbricht

Hi there Angels. 82 here today. Gloomy with mist on and off.

stephanieww90
New Kid On the Block
stephanieww90
In response to Lorna Lee

Hi everyone mom just called said she got her beautiful card from karren she said thank you she really liked it said it was nice to get something from somebody you don't know so thank you.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Beautiful day in TN today!

And, Marylou, I got my beautiful card today! Thank you so much.

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana

An Angel's Music By Meggies Nana

This is the card I made for Bev. I am so glad you received it & are happy with it. It was a joy to create for you!

Martica
Queen
Martica

Hello ladies Mailed my card and it was received .... yay !!!!

I posted card in my gallery but was not able to bring over to thread I am using iPhone and I can’t do it.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Martica

I don't think you can do it on a phone. I will post it on here for you!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Card Martica made for Marylou

Feb Angel Swap Card By Martica

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4

Here is the card I made for Kristie. I'm glad she liked it Stephanie.

Valentine's Day Card By TexasMomOf4

Kaylann
Mayor
Kaylann

Checking in to say hi to my angel friends. So happy to see that you continued on with February. And such a lovely idea to swap valentine cards.

I have been so busy lately. I was at my grandmas for almost two weeks to help her out. She's been getting stronger! Thank God. Hopefully she will continue to get stronger and not have a relapse. My uncle (her baby) got married on February 11th so I was busy helping out with the wedding as well. But oh it was a joy!

I also spent a few days with one of my friends making cards. It was such fun to make cards together with someone else. We swapped ideas and also crafting supplies. I loved it and hopefully I'll get to do it again one of these months. We were both stuck with no creative mojo so we helped each other out and now I'm on a roll again.

I'm also excited to see that we have new faces here. I would love to come back for March but I'm not quite ready yet. This is the first normal week I've had in such a long time it would be too easy for me to think my schedule would allow it only for something else to happen. I have a few relatives that are planning to move into new houses before spring and I told them if they need help I'm only a phone call away. So I could be called away for an unknown amount of time in the near future.

Thank you to all of you who are keeping this going! Love and Hugs ~Kayla

Martica
Queen
Martica

Thank you hon.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht
In response to Martica

Hi Kayla. Glad to hear youve had some happy with your Gma, Uncle and spending time with a scrappy friend. I hope you continue to have lots of happy going on around you!

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to rolbricht

Hi Kayla, thank you for stopping by & giving us an update. We miss you!

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4

Glad to hear from you Kayla.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

Hi angels! Ive noticed something. For a few days Ive been watching for St Patricks Day cards, looking for ideas. St Patricks Day cards are VERY rare. I figure there will be some popping up as we move into March but Im surprised there arent more out there yet. Do you girls give them out? Do people participate in the green games anymore? I remember when I was a kid and when my kids were young, EVERYONE was a little bit Irish one day a year.

We dont have any young people around, well rarely, so we really dont know whats going on anymore.

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to rolbricht

Ro - when I was on some Christian Design teams I found out that some of them got slack from people for having St. Patrick's Day stamps so they stayed away from them. I love making them and have a hard time finding images since I don't actually stamp. I wish there were more cutesy St Patty day stuff.

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana

RO, I have never made a St. Patty's card, not because of the holiday or anything. I just am so busy with other cards I don't think about it, but yours are wonderful! I do make sure I wear green on that day so I don't get pinched! lol

Kathy, I love your new avatar. Your hair is really long & beautiful!

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4

I've started sending out St. Patrick's Day cards to the siblings/sibling-in-laws families that have children.

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

I went to Hobby Lobby last night. I looked for St Pats embellishments, not much there. I bought 2 pkgs of little sparkly shamrocks...Ill call them plastic buttons. I saw 1 pkg of 3D stickers which I could actually make myself and I saw 3 pkgs of unimpressive flat stickers that wouldnt have made very nice cards. hmmm...

Meggies Nana
Governor
Meggies Nana
In response to rolbricht

Karen, I hope you are not getting some of that horrible rain. I am sure when you see drops you just start praying!!

I have had computer problems & hopefully by this evening all will be good. Amazing how we depend on those things!

Hope all of you sweet have a great day!

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

I have down that Lorna, Beth, Ro and Martha have not received cards. Is that right???

rolbricht
Governor
rolbricht

No cards here yet. And I havent heard anything from my recipient, Beth. Her card was sent on the 10th. Theres been no activity in her gallery...I hope shes alright

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4
In response to rolbricht

Marylou, we've gotten rain, but it really hasn't been too bad where I am. I still love the rain just as much as I did before Harvey.

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4

March's Swap

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time

Ro - Beth received your card but was unable to tell us as her pregnant daughter got sick and ended up in the hospital.

Lorna - Beth was to send you a card and she said it is still coming (see above).

Stephanie should have sent a card to Ro. I thought she said they went in mail so I will check with her.

Kristie should have sent a card to Martha. I thought she said they went in the mail so I will check with her.

Martica
Queen
Martica

Hi ladies well is this Swap over I have not received card yet?

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to Martica

Reference the Feb swap.

I got hold of Beth and she said she should be still sending Lorna a card. I will PM her now and see if it has gone out.

On 2/28/18 I sent a PM to Stephanie advising her that her card to Ro and her mom's (Kristie) card to Martha have not been received. I have not heard back from her. She has not been posting since Feb 20th so I have no clue where they went.

But Ro and Martha there is a card in the mail to you...might not be Valentine's but you will still get happy mail.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics