Username Post: Lets Eat        (Topic#1673749)
Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

I scrap a lot of restaurant layouts and am always looking for ideas. They are my new favorite category to scrap - I love grabbing take-out menus, coasters, even napkins and using google images to find logos, regular menus and other things.

I love photographing our food and always have a picture taken of my husband and me and whoever we are with.

We have such memories of great food with good friends and our family.

However, I'm running out of ideas for scrapping ideas and so I'm posting some of my restaurant layouts and hope others will do the same.

Also, if anyone has scrapped recipes -please share them here! I have started a cookbook for my mother and really need ideas!

This is in the La Jolla, near San Diego.

Page 137 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 138 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

This is the Ruth's Chris steakhouse on Lewer's Streen in Waikiki.

Page 101 - 2018 Volume Challeng By Henri Jean

The next two are at the Big Wave Shrimp truck on the North Shore of Oahu in Hawaii.

Page 100 - 2018 Volume Challeng By Henri Jean

Page 99 - 2018 Volume Challenge - Hawaii By Henri Jean

Pond's restaurant is off Banyan Tree Drive in Hilo, Hawaii. Very casual and is my favorite restaurant on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Page 84 - 2018 Volume Challenge - Hawaii By Henri Jean

This is Pineapples, a wonderful little sidewalk restaurant near the downtown district of Hilo, Hawaii.

Page 75 - 2018 Volume Challenge - Hawaii By Henri Jean

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to Henri Jean

Henri, I take pictures most of the time we go out to eat. I do like using logos and coasters too. Many times I write up out "menu" of what we had. I think that you have seen most of my LOs but will go back and see if I can find some others.

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to nvmagpie

I have been working on an 8x8 recipe scrapbook fpr myself. I did a 6x6 one for my middle DGS.

For the 6x6 - I don't generally include pics on this small a page
Frittata By Nvmagpie Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs in Crockpot By Nvmagpie

8x8 ones - I always try to include pics for this size page
Frittata By Nvmagpie Crab By Nvmagpie Italian Sausage and Peppers By Nvmagpie

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to nvmagpie

Some older ones from restaurants that I have uploaded here. Have to see what older ones I have.
Sunset Grille By Nvmagpie By the Sea Citros Grillhouse By Nvmagpie 32 Years By Nvmagpie
At the Casbah By Nvmagpie Mom's Day By Nvmagpie

Puddin Head
Idol
Puddin Head
In response to nvmagpie

I scrap about restaurants and special foods, too. Here are some from me. Maybe some ideas will jump out at you.

Oasis By Puddin Head

Kyoto Cuisine By Puddin Head

Road Food By Puddin Head

Bizarre Foods with Brian By Puddin Head

Dining in Style By Puddin Head

Delightful By Puddin Head

Bring on the Gelato! By Puddin Head

That's Amore! By Puddin Head

Dining Al Fresco By Puddin Head

Barrio Cafe By Puddin Head

Sweet Memories By Puddin Head

Did Somebody Say Pie? By Puddin Head

Beef By Puddin Head

Biscotti! By Puddin Head

A Taste of Rome By Puddin Head

The Court of Two Sisters By Puddin Head

Baking With Brian By Puddin Head

BBQ Basics By Puddin Head

Her Favorite Place By Puddin Head

Homemade Pie, Stinky Cheese, and You By Puddin Head

Dining in History By Puddin Head

Fond of Fondue By Puddin Head

Kansas City BBQ By Puddin Head

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN
In response to Puddin Head

I'm the Queen of keeping napkins, menues, paper placemats, etc. as mementos from place I go to eat. I too use google image to search for logos.
Here are some of the layouts I've made through the years using those items.

In this case I googled the names and logos of the places.

LUNCH AT VERSAILLES - CALLE 8 By ELLANVANNIN

These ones are for recipes.

PFEFFERNUSSE DAY! By ELLANVANNIN

A MINI PASTRIES RECIPE (National Pastry Day) By ELLANVANNIN

December 14th: National Bouillabaisse Day By ELLANVANNIN

In this case I saved some items from Benihana. This is a page from a mini album included in a larger page.

MOTHER'S DAY 2014 - MEMORY FOLDER 12 By ELLANVANNIN

The coffee cup holder is the original one.

OREGON - PAGE109 By ELLANVANNIN

Here you can see the napkins I included in the pocket.

OREGON - PAGE 93 By ELLANVANNIN

I included the ticket from Denny's and the googled images of the food and logos.

SMASH BOOK 1 - PAGE 4 By ELLANVANNIN

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to ELLANVANNIN

I host a "Foodie" challenge every month... if you're interested.
No prizes... just a sense of accomplishment and encouragement from fellow foodies!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to Doreena

I found some very old LOs that I did early on in my scrapping career. Just for sharing.

Napkins/brochures Waikiki - Duke's
Duke's By Nvmagpie

2010 - Zion I made a pocket to be able to put memorabilia in
Spotted Dog By Nvmagpie

Kauai 2008 This one I took a page out of a handout/magazine type of free handout. It had a menu on it.
Shrimp Station By Nvmagpie

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to nvmagpie

Sounds like fun Doreena! I will have to check it out.

There are some beautiful food layouts out there, and restaurant layouts - perfect place to get ideas for restaurant ideas.

One suggestion for posting here - if the restaurant and city/state or country isn't on the layout, please post it!

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl

Lots of fun ideas with great inspiration! I don't scrap a lot of restaurants but we certainly have favorites that I should scrap about as one day it will be so fun to remember. Thanks for the thread!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to gluemore girl

Your welcome! I find that I scrap a ton of them and I'm running dry on ideas. The restaurant ones are usually times we share with friends, or just for special time for the two of us and they are memories very much worth remembering.

Also, my husband I tend to get around a bit, maybe more than we should (family says we are never home) and we have wonderful restaurant memories. When we remember a place, we often throw in, "Remember that wonderful seafood place on the coast of Malta by the boats. We had a table on the water. The owners had a sign that most of the fish were caught by her husband. And then, we remember!

I'm going to go back and post a lot more. Hopefully someone will get ideas. Restaurants and meals and recipes are some of the great memories in life!

Also, so much fun to get coasters, take out menus and other things from the restaurants and pictures of the food. When we were San Diego several years ago, the restaurant was a few miles from BIll's daughter's house where we were staying and the owner let me take a menu home, scan it, and then return it the next day! (I travel with a small portable scanner for just such things and to scan money when we are overseas so I can put it on my pages!)

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

This is just a picnic layout of our favorite place by the water in Hilo Hawaii off Banyon Tree drive. We take Taco Bell or Pizza Hut or other fast food - even take-out chicken and eat here many days when we are in Hilo.

Page 82 - 2018 Volume Challenge - Big Island, Hawaii By Henri Jean

This is one of my favorites because the company was so good! This is nvmagpie - Susan on the boards. They spent some time in Ocala near Silver Springs and this is the first night we all met. Its my favorite Italian food place in Ocala and offers a very nice fried shrimp with spaghetti on the sides.

I google imaged "Lorito's Ocala menu" and this is what I got! Had the pasta paper in my stash where it had been for years!

Page 14 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

This is Cracker Barrel in Homestead (or in that area). I pulled the menu from Google images Cracker barrel menu and pulled the logo from Google images Cracker Barrel logo. Both worked well!

Page 722 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

This is food, but not a restaurant. This was taken in San Diego and it was an easy layout to do - just used an overlay that was in my stash forever!

Page 684 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

This is on the main drag in Lisbon, Portugal, right before you get to the big monastery where Galileo is buried.

I cut the logo off the lid of the take-out box (had to take a couple with us) and scanned it and repeated it to make my background paper.

Page 644 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Page 645 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Really enjoying going through my files and pulling up these old restaurant layouts - hopefully someone will get inspired to scrap a few more layouts and share them - or even dig some out of their files!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Here is my dds fav place to eat I got the title on their website the frames are actual restrauant

Angela birthday Fujiama 2005 pg 1 By Anda11

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

here is page 2

Angela birthday Fujiama 2005 pg 2 By Anda11

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

New restaurant layouts for today:

First one is in Pacific Beach near San Diego. The Sycamore Inn is in Cucamonga, California.

Page 143 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 145 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 146 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

This one is in Naples, Italy near one of the forts.

This was interesting because added to our bill was a 10 euro service charge. Bill asked what it was for and we were told, "1 euro each to use the silverware, a euro each for use of the table cloth, a euro each to use the napkins, a couple euros for table space... the tiny pizza was 28 euros. We went with another couple and their bill was the same for a tiny pizza. Whenever the men saw each other on the ship they always said, "Hey lets go out for another 38 euro pizza today, but it has to be a really small pizza! We also had that happen a hear or so before somewhere else in Italy - they charged euros for the table space, even though we all ordered food.

Page 598 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

This is in Malta, right by the water. I love the sign that says the fish was caught mostly by her husband.

Page 574 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Attika Bakery in Athens, Greece

Page 421 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

No clue what this bakery is - just remember it was in Corfu, Greece.

Page 385 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Restaurant in Dubrovnik, Croatia

Page 376 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Page 375 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

This one is in Venice, Italy by St. Mark's Square.

Page 355 - Volume Scrapping By Henri Jean

Flagstaff, Arizona

Page 147 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Scraping4fun25
Governor
Scraping4fun25

Here is one for Hot Chocolate:

BomboBar By Scraping4fun25

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Scraping4fun25

It has honestly never occurred to me to do this, but it is such a great idea. Eating out is such a big part of our trips and vacations, so why wouldn’t I scrap it? My goodness, thanks for the inspiration!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to lisymarie

Awesome Lisa - I find you can really get creative with restaurant and food layouts - they are really fun, and when we remember some place we've been - the food certainly plays into the memories!

We like to eat out with friends and family and I enjoy making pages of those events too!

Can't wait to see what you make!

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG

My husband likes to take pictures from food, so we have lots of photos from restaurants, but searching for some layouts I found out, I did not scrap many of those photos until now. I have some layouts though that are older and I will upload them here and then post.
I always wanted to make recipe books for my kids, but never did those. I like the inspiration on here. What size did you make the recipe books?

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG
In response to SusanneG

Here are the older ones, some are from restaurants in Austria and England and two are with recipes, but not for a recipe book, just for the regular scrapbook.

steak and ale pie By SusanneG
Centimeter By SusanneG
Midnight snack By SusanneG
Centimeterburger By SusanneG
Thalberghof By SusanneG
Beer By SusanneG
Krampus By SusanneG
Krapfen By SusanneG

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to SusanneG

Hi Susi - Welcome! Always good to see you!

My cookbook is 12 x 12 - I just have more fun with that size page. Although the book will be used for family members to find recipes, it is also going to be a nice scrapbook - I hope!

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 137 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 125 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

The beard is history - he just grew it to see how it would look. Now he knows, and it is long gone! The restaurant is Pizza Barn in Dallas, Georgia.

Page 3 - 2017 Volume Challenge - Pizza Time By Henri Jean

A friend of the family made this cake for Roan's birthday for her!

Page 972 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Mangoes - one of our favorite foods! When we are in Hawaii in the summer, there are trees on base and you can just pick up the mangoes you want. We eat a lot of mangoes when we are there.

Page 945 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Great restaurant on the main street in Ramona, California - featured on the tv show - restaurants, drive-ins and dives.

Page 921 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

My lemonade made from lemons off our lemon tree in our back yard.

Page 866 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN

Here are more layouts I found about this topic.

Two from local restaurants (Miami, Fl)

RAMI'S B-DAY 2013 - PAGE 4 By ELLANVANNIN

MY DAUGHTER'S B-DAY 2013 - PAGE 5 By ELLANVANNIN

At The Cheese Cake Factory (Miami, Fl)

MOTHER'S DAY 2012 - PAGE 4 By ELLANVANNIN

At Lucky Strike Bowling (Miami, Fl)

MOTHERS DAY 2013 - PAGE 5 By ELLANVANNIN

Two from a Mother's Day dinner at Benihana (Miami, Fl)

MOTHER'S DAY 2014 - MEMORY FOLDER 12 By ELLANVANNIN

MOTHER'S DAY 2014 - MEMORY FOLDER 19 By ELLANVANNIN

Next two are from a "Murder Mystery Dinner Train" trip (Ft. Myers, Fl)

MY B-DAY 2012 - PAGE 21 By ELLANVANNIN

MY B-DAY 2012 - PAGE 22 By ELLANVANNIN

Breakfast at Denny's before leaving Orlando after one of our trips to DIsney World

MY B-DAY 2013 - PAGE 19 By ELLANVANNIN

Mementos from the hotel we stayed at on that trip.

MY B-DAY 2013 - PAGE 6 By ELLANVANNIN

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean
In response to ELLANVANNIN

A brand new one. Bill and I were driving from Florida to South Carolina to see the eclipse last year and stopped in Marietta, GA to spend the night on base and see my oldest son John, and our granddaughter who wasn't quite 6 yet.

It was late when we got to Marietta and Roan was so excited about seeing and holding baby pigs.

While we were waiting for our food, she drew a picture on her napkin of her holding a pig - I had no idea she could write letters yet so I was really blown away when she wrote the note. But, she is sounding out words and writing sentences.

As soon as our food came, she ate one of my shrimp and then put her head on Bill's lap and went to sleep.

Page 158 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

Page 176 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

These are not new - these are pages I did for my mother's cookbook. Its a very small start - I haven't worked on it for several years. All the pages are done with paper and trimmer and then scanned to digital.

Mom will get the original pages and other relatives will get a Shutterfly book of the pages:

Page 866 - Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Chocolate Crackel Cookies By Henri Jean

Pumpkin Cookies By Henri Jean

Witches Brew (Creamy Orange Punch) By Henri Jean

Bing Cherry Coca Cola Salad By Henri Jean

Denvia's Turtles By Henri Jean

Fudge By Henri Jean

Pumpkin Pie Cake By Henri Jean

Henri Jean
Angel
Henri Jean

The background paper on this one is made from the paper liner in the fish & chips basket. Bill asked them for a clean one for me.

Page 236 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Page 236 - 2018 Volume Challenge By Henri Jean

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics