Username Post: TomBow liquid glue, the green or the blue.        (Topic#1673761)
SBBeryl
Tenant
SBBeryl

I see in the shop only the green bottle of TomBow liquid glue. I noticed on Youtube people using the blue bottle in all their crafts videos. Is the blue bottle also sold by Scrapbook.com and just not in assortment online now?
Which one do you use?
Products Referenced in This Post:

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to SBBeryl

I use the green.
I used the blue on a small project and it didn’t hold well.
It could have been the 2 surfaces I was adhering.
I didn’t pay attention to the difference in the blue and green bottles- all I know is the green worked better for what I needed.

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to ChansGram

I didn't know there was a green bottle so I looked up the blue.
The blue is for adhering paper and the green says "multi" so I'd assume multi-surface.
I have used the blue for adhering small bits of papers to LO's or cards and liked it.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to gluemore girl

I have been using the blue bottle for years with paper to paper adhering, It works very well for all the smaller things!!
If I am gluing metal to paper then I use a gel medium.
Products Referenced in This Post:

cpadelford
Veteran
cpadelford
In response to Sewflake

I do all kinds of paper crafting - mostly cards, though - and the green-and-white 'Multi' Tombow glue is my go-to for any liquid glue needs.

A while back, just out of curiosity, I thought I'd try the blue bottle of Tombow 'Aqua' clear liquid glue and the first time I used it, on a large cardstock-to-cardstock area, I found it to be very runny and watery (the name 'Aqua' should have been my first clue, right?) and it wrinkled/warped the cardstock badly. It might work better on small applications, like adhering embellishments and such, but I haven't tried it again.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to cpadelford

You are right Claire, the liquid glue does not work that well on large areas of paper.
I had one friend that used it all the time but she put too much on a page and it would wrinkle every time!!
Doing 8x8 scrapbooks was not too big but using a lot of glue was to wet!!
She started using less glue and it held fine without any wrinkling!!

Personally it is my go to glue (aqua liquid glue) for paper piecing, lettering on my pages, anything small.
A dry glue for matting layers of paper!

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to Sewflake

The green, absolutely. There are cheaper ways to stick paper to paper but, for sticking darn near anything to darn near anything, you need the green.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics