Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: March New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1673821)
Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of March. We also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

March---Anna
April--Cheryl
May--Andrea
June--Terry
July-Cathe

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Cheryl January 13
Kathy January 22
Danielle February 11
Denise February 13
Ashley March 1
Andrea March 8
Cathe March 18

Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Kimberly June 8
Terry August 5
Kay November 10
Anna December 24

Edited by Anna C on 03-27-18 08:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Edited by Anna C on 02-28-18 03:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Thanks Jeannie for hosting February!

Ashley, hope today is a better day for you!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Thanks Jeannie for getting us to February. (I think I thanked Terry yesterday. LOL)

Anna- thank you for putting up March.

It's very nice this morning but rain is going to move in.

I have a dentist appointment at 10:00. Hope there are no surprises.

bbl
Have a nice day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Good morning!! Rainy day here. I have a ton of house work to do but plan to fit in some scrappy time too. I don’t have to babysit tonight. I may not know what to do with myself.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

Anna you can put me down to host May .

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to andrea m

Morning!! Thanks Jeannie for host Feb and to Anna for March! Yesterday was an upsetting day for me. I absolutely hate it when plans are made and ready and then out of the clear blue sky hubby wants everything changed just because he gets a wild hair up his -----! Between this flippin funeral and now the trip to MO in May I told him I am no longer going to be the trip planner. Period!!! He didn't understand----grrrrr Ok rant over!

Andrea: how utterly fun that you get to attend what the kiddos participate in. I really do miss that part. Enjoy! What has your son built for the robotics competition?
Anna: Good & bad news on Rick! Poor guy tho---living with pain is horrible and sure does take its toll on everyone. Can a non-traditional medical procedure help? Like acupuncture?
Ashley: ahhh, the rich kids! Do you ever see names on the specimens there? Like Bette Midler's blood sample? How fun to get to see a Broadway show!!
Cathe: I hate getting up period! I'm having sleep issues for some odd reason and I take a Benydryl at night. I never want to get up!!! Hmmm....$50 huh? Let me see what I can do----
Cheryl: I will pray that Karyol doesn't have congestive heart failure!
Danielle: Very cute baby LOs for the album. I'm sure your sister will love it. Your embellishment were so cute!
Denise: hope you are enjoying your trip!

I plan on finishing scanning my sons photos since I have to give him his old scrapbook next week in CO. This is one of those huge paper ones and I have photos, school stuff, trip postcards, etc in it. He doesn't know about the one I'm going to make! Oh and I'm doing laundry too. Yipee.....

Happy Hump day!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

Thanks Jeannie for getting us to February and to Anna for March!

well it nice here today the sun is out. but more snow come tomorrow and firday. i want my warm weather that way we can start are garden here. my husband going to take some vacation time and we are going to work on build the garden beds. well i am going to clean my scrapbook room now that i am done with the baby book. going to the gym later on.

Ann- my sister due date is april 10 but she might have the baby early like the being of april.

Cathe- my mom eye site not get good yet. so my dad has to drive her place.

terry- sorry to hear about your plans it hard to plan stuff that like my husband.

andrea- have fun at your ds robotics competition. did you hear that they are going to put a hobby lobby in twin falls.

hope everyone has a great day. i can't believe tomorrow is march wow

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to southern lady

Baby layout By Southern Lady

BBy layout By Southern Lady

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

ACU

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Terry- I hate when my plans change also. I'm a planner.
It seems like vacation plans are always up to me.
Hope you son likes the album you are making for him.
Wish my two kids would take their letter jackets!! What a waste of money.

Andrea- I marvel at what kids do in those robotic competitions. I can't put two Legos together. LOL

Danielle- Your baby LOs are sweet. I spied some of the things I sent you. I'm glad you could use them up.

I planned on cleaning the bathroom today. It didn't happen.

I had dentist at 10:00. DH had appointment at 11:00. While he was in the chair I went to Sam's and ordered some photos. Then I met DH at Portillo's for lunch. Then I went back to Sam's to pick up my photos. I stopped at the post office and came home.

It was a beautiful warm day---no jacket!! Then about 2:00 the clouds started to roll in. It is supposed to rain. Hope that's all.

Have a nice evening.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Terry the teams build robots that have to stack and move cones. They get points for high stacks and cones placed in certain areas. They also have to program the robot to move on its own for a period of time. They get extra points for that. ds's team has built a whole new robot for state and they have been working on it till 10 pm most night. I am hoping they do well with the new bot. If they win this will be their third trip to the worlds competition. Ds called in a panic because they are now leaving tomorrow instead of friday. We have a storm coming in and the teacher wants to do an overnight instead of leaving at 5 am. The team thought they had one more day to work on it.

Danielle my boss told me they are putting in a hobby lobby and an olive garden. Do you know when it is supposed to be done?

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

• andrea m Said:
Terry the teams build robots that have to stack and move cones. They get points for high stacks and cones placed in certain areas. They also have to program the robot to move on its own for a period of time. They get extra points for that. ds's team has built a whole new robot for state and they have been working on it till 10 pm most night. I am hoping they do well with the new bot. If they win this will be their third trip to the worlds competition. Ds called in a panic because they are now leaving tomorrow instead of friday. We have a storm coming in and the teacher wants to do an overnight instead of leaving at 5 am. The team thought they had one more day to work on it.

Danielle my boss told me they are putting in a hobby lobby and an olive garden. Do you know when it is supposed to be done?

watch the new and say it be this fall , hobby lobby is going in macy's area and i think ovlive garden going somewhere eles

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Let me help you By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Spent another day in "lab exile"...I've discovered color by number apps so that helps to pass some of the downtime in the lab LOL! It also helps to keep me from climbing the walls in the windowless room. I used that and music on YouTube (it's just me in there so no one can say I can't have music on...besides, it's usually just Disney music or Broadway music) to try and keep myself calm today. It wasn't 100% effective but it helped. I just have to make it through tomorrow and then I'm off Friday (but I work the weekend).

Anna- Thanks for hosting March!

Jeannie- Thanks for hosting February!

Cathe- We're supposed to have crazy rain on Friday. I'm hoping it's just limited to Friday.

Terry- We're told that the hospital does serve celebrities but most are under fake names so we can't go looking for them. I'm a vacation super planner...my Disney trips are planned almost down to the smallest detail but I usually forget things like...er....eating!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Happy Birthday Ashley!

Edited by Anna C on 03-01-18 02:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Happy Birthday Ashley!!

I got a text from DD this morning. "call when you are up". Well, Oakley is sick. Casey took half a day off and I'll go out there at 10:OO. she said if he throws up again she'll take the rest of the day, but she has a meeting she needs to hold.
(I don't do throwing up kids, shame on me, but that's how I am)

There goes plans to clean.

Cheryl- You LO is so cute! Darling pictures and love how the title has meaning.

Have a nice day everyone. bbl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hello, thanks for the new thread, yall are the best!

Taking mom to do her taxes today and we are both getting haircuts.

Danielle, what a sweet baby akbum you created.

Anna, So sorry Rick is going thru this.

Cheryl, I hope your husband is not having congestive heart failure. Prayers sent.

Andrea, yuck, No fun feeling so yucky. My allergies are driving me bonkers here. Good luck to the kiddos.

Terry, Sedalia is 3 hours north and east of where we are. Neosho is in the very south west corner of Missouri, south of Joplin. Happy to hear your husband's foot better and your trailer is home.

Ashley, happy birthday! Hope you recovered from your panic attack. That just sounds so terrifying.

Cathe, hope your dentist appointment isn't too painful.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Andrea, got you down for May. Thanks. Hope your son wins his robotic competition.

Ashley, hope you enjoy your special day.

Danielle, your baby book is so nice.

Denise, hope you and your Mom have fun getting all “prettied up!”

Cathe, hope Oakley is over his throwing up sickness!

Cheryl, we are getting rain now but supposed to change to snow tonight.

Terry, Rick has not tried acupuncture but several people have suggested it to him. Sorry your plans are all messed up. I am planner too so I understand how frustrating it is.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello good morning

here is a pocket letter i did for a swap
Pocket letter By Southern Lady

well today they said going to snow here today and tomorrow. i got some of my scrapbook room clean. i put the baby book in a bag with my other gift and put a card in it so it ready to go when i go see my sister. well today going to my class at the gym.

hope everyone has a nice Thursday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Happy Birthday Ashley.
My dd loves those color by number apps.

It is snowing like crazy here.

I am going in to start cooking ice cream today. I need to make a bunch of pints before we open.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

Ashley - Happy Birthday!!!!

I have been in meetings all day and got a home about 2:45. I am going to scrap later.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

N is for naptime By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

It's the most wonderful tome of the year By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Tis the season By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Had a pretty alright birthday...spent the day in "lab exile" trying to pass time with color by number apps and Disney music (I often wonder what someone would think if they walked in and found me listening to Disney Halloween Parade music in March) and then I went to dancing. When I came home we had cake...my mom bought a bunch of Frozen decorations and had them set up on the kitchen table when I came in to surprise me. My sister, much to my surprise, bought be a plushie Sven and my grandmother gave me money. My mom said her gift was to buy me whatever I want when we go to the theater on Saturday.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Cathe- My sister doesn't do vomit well at all. If someone throws up at her job (yeah, that's happened before) she has to call someone to clean it.

Andrea- We're getting rain like crazy here today. It's supposed to rain all night and into tomorrow.

Cheryl- Sorry about the meetings!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Ashley - Sounds like a nice birthday with no drama from your sister.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

The wind is wicked here this a m. And we've had some light snow but the wind has blown most of it off.

Ashley, glad your bday was drama free. Hope you have a grand time at the theater.

Cheryl, beautiful layouts. They are full of so much love!

Denise, you looked so pretty in your photo on FB.

Hello to all and have a great day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

The guy is coming back to install the one panel on the shower door.
He thought it's take 30 min.

Snow? Oh Andrea, I feel sorry for you.
Cook the ice cream? Interesting.

Ashley- Glad you had a nice birthday and your sister bought you a gift.

Cheryl- such nice layouts!

Anna- we had really windy days this week. Now we are in a stretch of nice weather. Hope it finds you.

Denise- I didn't look at fb last night. I will tonight!

Have a great day everyone!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! Sunshine today and low 50s. I work tonight.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

Cheryl, beautiful layouts

cathe- hope the guy can finish install the one panel on the shower door.

well it is snow right now a lot. i take some pictures. and it is little fog right now. well today nothing much maybe go to the gym later on. tomorrow we have to go into are city to go to the bank to do some stuff and then go to the Toyota dealer ship to see about put mud mates that are by the tire i don't what you call them then we have to go to Petco to buy some more dog food here. later on i am hope i can go to this craft fair.

hope everyone has a great Friday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

TGIF, hope the weekend is fun for ya.

Thanks for your comments on my haircut. It was down to shoulders and got it cut to chin length. I was ready for shorter. It's a bit fuzzy because I was losing so much hair due yo too many follicles on the "lose" faze at one time. Now it's all comeing back in so I have lots of short new hair. Lol

Blue skies today. More cheerful than overcast.

Doing laundry today.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Fun Times with You By Scrappin 2

Here is one I finished up today.
I forgot to say I got my inspiration from a gal that goes by Miyuchi. I really like her Layouts.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Well I accomplished a few things today so far............but that will be the end of it. LOL

Good thing I scrolled back up the page. I missed some posts. Hate when that happens.

Anna- I read that Rick is in constant pain? Poor guy. I have been praying for him.

I cleaned all the bathrooms including their floors. I don't always do the floors. I vacuumed. Doesn't sound like much be it was!
Then I finished up the LO.--fun.

It's only about 45 here. It looks warmer. At least it is sunny.

Denise- your hair does look really cute.

Danielle- did you make it to the craft fair? buy anything?

Have a nice evening.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

the craft fair is tomorrow cathe

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hi all---been a fairly hectic 2 days and hubby was not feeling good either. Foot was swollen but ok now. Company coming Sunday and Monday at 5AM we take him to the airport. Then sometime Monday afternoon drive 90 min to pick him up again in the Gorge and then he leaves for home Tues. Crazy! In the middle of that I have to pack for the trek to CO which I'm not looking forward to.

Andrea: how much ice cream do you make? Start off with a basic recipe and add stuff?
Anna: How much of that Nor'Easter are you going to get? I saw a bridge & tipping semi of FB but don't know where it was. Looks horrid!
Ashley: Belated (here) Birthday wishes. I did catch you on FB! I am so glad you had a drama free day and that you'll have a ball this weekend!
Cathe: Adorable LO---glad you are also getting sunny weather.
Cheryl: such sweet LOs! I love the solitare photo of Zoey in her Christmas dress. That gold ornament behind her looks as big as she is!
Danielle: Great baby book---all those cute wooden embellies really made it!
Denise: I too love your new do!!When do you come back home?

Almost time to go pick up supper---it is date night albeit we are doing it here at home! Tomorrow is a torrent of cleaning here! I wish I had a second me....

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

A second me, sound's good Terry! We go home the 10th.

I hear that Cathe, cleaning is tough.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! I was very glad I was off from work today (because I have to work the weekend at the hospital) because the weather here was straight up insane. We had rain...snow...hail...and a ton of wind. At one point, the wind was so bad it actually ripped a piece of our fence off! It's calmed down now but it's still bone chilling cold. It's supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow though.

Anna- I have been anticipating this play since I got tickets for it back in August! One of the older girls in my Scout troop, her dad is head lighting engineer and she tried so very hard to get me backstage but, sadly, Disney doesn't do backstage tours during previews. This girl was near in tears because she couldn't get me backstage (she's going to be 15 next week and I've known her since she was 5) so she promised me autographs when she goes in opening night.

Cathe- This is going to sound terrible but I was surprised my sister brought a gift too. This is the first time she's bought me a birthday gift in like 5 years.

Terry- I don't think I'd want a second me...it might confuse people LOL!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

That Nor'easter is something else!! Pictures of FB sure show it's power.

Terry- Sounds like you're going to be very busy. "In the Gorge"?
I know what gorge is, but being we are pretty flat, it'd be interesting to see. Take a picture for me..........but not while you're driving. LOL
I used to wish for a second me when I was teaching.
Remember the movie Multiplicity?

Ashley- that was sweet of your student to try and get you backstage passes.

I'm meeting up with my BFF, Carole.

Have a nice day everyone!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I had a fun day. I came home from work, slept a couple of hours then met co-workers at Olive Garden for lunch. After lunch, we went to Purple Toad Winery. I came back home slept another hour and then Zoey and Zeke arrived.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Cheryl- I'm so glad that you were able to get out and do something fun. Nothing lifts our spirits like having some girlfriend time. ............and maybe some wine.

Ashley- Hope your weather calmed down.
You're probably at work right now. Hope the day flies by.

I'm considering going to IKEA and look at shelving for my big WE R Memory Keeper albums.
I think someone bought some last year.............maybe Jeannie or Katy?
Whoever bought them.............how do you like them?
I really don't have anyplace to put the shelves but I will figure out somewhere.
Casey won't take her kids' albums. She says they can take them from me when they grow up. It would tick me off, but she doesn't have anywhere to put them. She has cute little booklets printed using her cell phone pictures. They are about 5x5. Sometimes I think I should give up scrapping..............did I say that???? Slap my face!

It's a gorgeous day. A tad cool, but it's sunny. I went to Mass last night so I have the entire day free!!

Have a great day everyone.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Just stopping in---still have to vaccum and mop but then the house will be sparkling. I can't stand leaving for vac with a house that needs cleaned.

Cathe: I think it was Jeannie that bought the shelves. I pretty much plan to give my grandkids their albums when they turn 18. After that it will be too hard to get photos of them. That's also why I'm scrapping my kids. Or will be after taxes are done!

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

Hello there

Well Saturday it was snow here. So we had to go into the city to the Toyota dealer ship to get some mud flaps for the truck. Then went to the bank to do some stuff we need to get done there and then went to petco to get some dog food. Then when we where head home i saw that they are going to be put a homegoods in the city it say come soon. I love that store. So we got home then i went to the craft fair. Well there was a lot of vendor there usually is got a lot of vendor it could be of the weather here. But i bought some small bathbombs. Then i ggot back home and call my mom and talk to her she still not great. Then we sold are car that my husband drives that was my first car. Then i went to the grocery store.

Hope everyone has a nice sunday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Church and lunch at Applebee’s. Zoey and Zeke will be here soon.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today was the typical slow Sunday at the lab which was very much appreciated because I was still tired from yesterday. "Frozen" on Broadway totally cracked my Top Five Favorite Broadway shows! It was just a huge slice of Disney magic in the middle of Times Square! It was a little different from the movie (new scenes were added and there were about 12 new songs) but it was still so good. One of the scenes I was most curious about was the one where Elsa builds her ice castle but they pulled it off using screens and videos and big set pieces. And OMG! The puppet for Sven was amazing! I couldn't believe it was just one person wearing a reindeer puppet.

Cathe- It's just cold here again. I was sitting at the lab today and I was by the window and it looked so sunny out...I assumed it was warm outside. I assumed incorrectly LOL!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Ashley- glad to hear that "Frozen" met your expectations. I'd love to see it. It amazes me what "set" people pull off.
My all time favorite scene in a play was in "Ragtime" when they are coming to America is a boat.........I think it was the first scene.
I'd love to be able to go to more plays.

Danielle- I love Home Goods. I bought 3 plates with bunnies on them last week. They are for display only on on hutch. They look like stoneware but are Melmine (sp?) so they won't be as likely to break when I store them, or as heavy.

Terry- when are you leaving? I forgot where you are headed.
Yes, I think it was Jeannie who bought the shelves.

Cheryl- It's so nice you go out to eat on Sunday's with your parents.

My Sundays never seem to turn out as I have planned. .......I always think I'll have all afternoon to scrap. That didn't happen but it was a lovely day. Our good friends Mark and Nance came over at 1:00 to watch our Alma Mater play basketball. Then at 4:00 Doug and family came. Nance taught Van to play cribbage.
I convinced Mark and Nance to stay for dinner. It was just a really nice day.

then I watched the Oscars. I really enjoyed them this year. I don't ever remember watching the entire thing. I did miss the beginning and red carpet which I like more than the show. There were some odd dresses though. LOL

Have a nice day. bbl

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well the snow is going away here we still have patch of snow still. today i have to call the groomers to make a apt for the dogs they both need it, going to the gym later on,

cathe- sound like you had a nice sunday

Cheryl- It's so nice you go out to eat on Sunday's with your parents.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Ashley, right up your alley disney and a show. Cool, those costumes can be amazing!

No, you can't give up scrapping. I store the album's for my kids & grandkids too. They will appreciate it in the long run.

Make sure the shelving is very well supported and attach to the wall. Those albums are very heavy and will sag the shelves in a blink.

Spent yesterday picking up limbs big and small, loading them into the truck, and hauling them to the burn pile. Not used to that. Now I'm sore. At least it's not too bad.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Good morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Very busy on this end.

Ashley, glad you enjoyed the play!

Cathe, how do your shower doors look? All finished? Thanks for your continued prayers for my brother. He looks ok on the outside, but there is still things not quite right on the inside. Hopefully, he will get in his other surgeries and things will improve.

Cheryl, glad you got to have some fun!

Danielle, looks like you all got quite a bit of snow. We are expecting a mixed bag of precip all week here.

Denise, hope you are having a good visit in Missouri.

Terry, we got lots of wind from the Nor’easter. Lots of power outages all around us. Thankfully, it is all over now. Enjoy your company. Hope you have a good trip to CO.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

I am cleaning house today. I hope to scrap tomorrow

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Had a pretty awful day at work...I think one of the lead techs seems to be out to get me and it's just because I'm not the same ethnicity as her and her favored techs. Today she reported me to the lab manager for being negligent towards patient care when I was working at 61st street last week. To make matters worse, she set the meeting at the end of the day so I got to spend all day worrying that I was going to get written up. Thankfully, the manager was understanding and didn't write me up but now I have to worry about this stupid lead tech being racist and causing me issues.

Cathe- I was RIDICULOUSLY EXCITED "The Shape of Water" won for best picture. Movies like that never win for best picture...being pretty much a fantasy movie that tells the story of a romance between a mute woman and a swamp monster.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Grandkids are asleep thought I would pop in.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Ashley- sorry about your trouble with the lead tech!!
The director who accepted the award (or whoever it was) eluded to the fact that these kinds of films usually don't win awards. I didn't see it, but it looked good.

Denise- thanks for the tip on shelving. I wondered how sturdy they are. I was hoping Jeannie would pop in and tell me how hers are holding up.

Danielle- I bet you're glad the snow is almost gone.
We got a little bit last night.

Hi to all, gotta get going. going to walk at the mall.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Ashley - I would be reporting the lead tech if problems continue.

Cathe - Have a good walk!

Not sure what all I need to do today. I do hope to do a
little scrapping.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

well go to the gym later on. i am try to clean my scrapbook room it a mess right now. it cold today brr, Saturday the dogs are get groom

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning to ya

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to rockmom

Hi everyone.
Its been a long few days we got 25 inches of snow over Thursday and Friday.. The school cancelled all buses so parents had to drive all the kids to state or they would not be able to go. The boys were freaked that they would not make it. They took 2nd place as they had a piece break on their bot in the last match. They were bummed.
All of dd's softball stuff got cancelled .

The kids shared their cold with me so i have been really sick the last few days.

We cook our ice cream. It then cools to room temperature. We put it in the fridge after that to cool it completely. Then i spin it in the ice cream machine into ice cream. It comes out like soft freeze but once it is frozen in the freezer its hard ice cream for scooping.
We do have a base we make and then different ingredients are added to make each flavor. We do not use eggs in ours. Adding eggs actually makes it a custard base.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to andrea m

Andrea--25 inches of snow????? OMGosh!!!
I bet it was harrowing driving the boys to the competition! Did you drive?
Sorry the kids shared their cold with you!
It's fascinating how you make ice cream!

I need a tech person!!
I can't email myself photos from my phone to my computer. That is how I print photos sent to me, so I can scrap them.
I went to Verizon, but it didn't help in the end. Long boring story. Sometimes don't ya just hate technology??
...............and then they want to give us autonomous cars!!! ---only I'm really all for that, so when I'm old and can't drive anymore I'll still be able to get in a car and go!

Have a nice evening everyone!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Merry Christmas By Cdjohnson

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

Cathe we took the long way to boise and luckily once we got about 30 minutes out of town the roads were clear. The way we normally go was closed though.

technology is definitely one of those things you have a love hate relationship with.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to andrea m

Hi! Anticipating major snow here...like to the point where an announcement was made in the lab that we should all come in tomorrow with overnight bags. I'm not happy about having to overnight at the hospital (there's a reason I work the day shift LOL) so I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. I just need to make it to Friday because I'm off Friday and the weekend.

Cathe- It was the director who accepted the award for "The Shape of Water." His movies are all amazing...he has some imagination when it comes to monsters and creatures and telling stories that are both beautiful and horrible all at once.

Andrea- NO THANK YOU! That is way too much snow for me!

Cheryl- I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on that lead tech. I don't want any trouble at work.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

JCI

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Andrea....25 inches of snow......jeez!

Ashley, we are getting snow right now. Expecting several inches out of this storm.

Cathe, have a good walk?

Cheryl, beautiful layout.

Danielle, how's your weather? Like the new truck?

Denise, hi ya!

Terry, hope you are having a great trip.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

We only got a little bit of snow. I think I sent ours to Ashley. (hee-hee) Ashley I so hope you don't have to spend the night at the hospital. That would not be fun!

Cheryl- darling LO!

Andrea- glad to hear that the trip to Boise wasn't too bad!
I admire young people who can put together and work those robotic machines. Amazing!!
I think our 11 year old grandson could get into it. He's working on something now--building a roller coaster. He's in a science Olympiad at school too.

Rum has a routine stress test today. It's been 5 years since his last one. I'm taking a book along.

Have a nice day everyone.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well today i am going to go to the city to the banks to deposit the money from selling are car. then i am going to check out a dollar store and see if they have these baskets that i can use in my pantry. i rather spend a 1.00 on the basket then spent more at a other place to find some baskets. i am so sore right now my legs are seen i work on them yesterday. well are weather ann is cold no snow here but they said we should be get some more rain here i think Friday. the new truck is nice only drove it once my husband drives it. well looks like they are get the foundation done at the house that across the street from us and i see that they have all the wood to build the house but i don't see if anyone bought the house or no sold sign . i hope it a one store house that they are building.

cathe- have a fun at Rum has a routine stress test today. hope everything gose good.

hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Danielle, it's hard to see over a two-story house so I hope your neighbor's house is one story.

Hiya to you too Anna!

Andrea that's an insane amount of snow! Glad the roads cleared up for easier driving. My class president from high school sponsors a robotics team up in the Kansas City area. I think they went to Texas last weekend.

Ashley good luck on your snow storm, stay safe, stay warm and don't have to spend the night at the hospital.

It was cold here last night 26. There were snow flurries but nothing stuck. Thank goodness!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good morning!! Cool and rainy here. No snow thank goodness!! I work 3 nights in a row so I will not be around much until the weekend.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

Cathe building a roller coaster sounds fun. It is amazing what kids do now in school.

Ashley sorry your having problems at work. I hope the storm is not bad and you dont have to stay the night.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to andrea m

Good afternoon!!

Just thought I'd stopin and say hello.

Ashley- I'm afraid you are going to be at the hospital over-night.

I picked up a book at the library that involves a scrapbook!! When I read the back cover I knew I had to check it out. The title is A Sweethaven Summer by Courtney Walsh.

Stress test went fine. We won't know the results until it is read. You know how that goes.

Sure wish Jeannie and Katy would check in.
We know Terry is on vacation. Hope she is having a good time.

Have a nice evening.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! I didn't have to spend the night at the hospital! The weather was just getting bad as my shift was ending so the next shift didn't call out. Only one tech wound up having to stay the night but it wasn't his fault...he lives in NJ and NJ Transit buses stopped running so he couldn't get home. He seemed ok with it though since they offered him an overtime shift. Two other techs volunteered to be on call if the overnight shift couldn't come in (I wasn't one of them LOL). We're supposed to have another major snowstorm on Monday...isn't it spring yet?!

Cathe- The last time my mom had a stress test she didn't last five minutes before they had to stop it! I hope your husband did better!

Denise- I'm not even sure what's outside now is snow...at one point, we had snow, rain, hail, and thunder all happening at once. It was very, very strange LOL!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Edited by Anna C on 03-08-18 02:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

Ashley, glad you got to go home. We got snow yesterday and it is snowing again this a m. Nothing major but they say to expect lots of snow Sunday into Monday and to have our shovels ready.

Cathe, glad the stress test went well for Rum. Bucky had to have one in January. His went well too.

Hello to all and have a great day!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Headed home to Texas tomorrow leaving Friday instead of Saturday to beat the rain. When I get home I will need to hop to it to get the garden planted. I also need to take Christopher's 11 month old pictures and Sadie's five-month-old pictures. Yikes, time sure does fly!

Ashley, yay for not spending the night at the hospital! Hope your snowstorms are the last four this year.

It's nice to hear that your husbands' stress tests went well. Moms doctor didn't have a copy of her last colonoscopy so he wants her to have another one because there was an inconclusive spot when she had her abdomen test last November. He has nothing to compare it to but it's in the spot that is narrower from colon surgery. Mom does not want to do it. On a good note she didn't lose any more weight.

Oh! I forgot when I get home I also need to hop to it to get Christopher's scrapbook pages done for his birthday party. That's 13 plus pages. Sure hope I can get it all done.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

Cathe, glad the stress test went well for Rum

well yesterday was a nice day not to cold. i bought some basket at the dollar tree for my pantry and then i had some sticker that are chalk broad and then write down what i want to put in them. i am so sore in my legs still. i am work on a pocket letter i think it turn out cute. go to my class today at the gym. i am wanting to start building my garden beds.

ann- keep your snow don't want it over here , i am so over snow and wanting my warm weather here.

hope everyone has a nice thrusday

Edited by southern lady on 03-08-18 06:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!

Ashley- Soo glad you didn't have to spend the night!!
Rum didn't walk on the treadmill for his stress test. Since he is on BP meds the doctor said he wouldn't be able to get his heart rate up where they wanted it. So they injected him with nuclear something or other.
He got his results and everything is fine.

Anna going to get more snow? Yuck!

Denise- we'll look forward to those 13 new LOs
I'd think It's a good sign your mom hasn't lost weight
We don't plant around here until May 6th. It's so weird thinking you can start your beds now.

Not sure what I'll do today. I didn't get up in time to walk at the mall with the neighbor friend.

Have a nice day.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Cathe, Bucky had to do the tread mill and the nuclear thing.

Denise, you're as busy as Cheryl! Ya'll amaze me!

Danielle, I'm over snow too. The snow is coming down but where we had all of those warm days, the snow is melting pretty fast right now. And our temps are right around 32 degrees too.

Edited by Anna C on 03-08-18 05:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to Anna C

Ashley glad you did not have to spend the night at work.

I am spending the day working on some b day cards then its back to work tomorrow.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to andrea m

Ashley - yippee on not staying st the hospital!!

Cathe - Glad Rum checked out ok.

Donna - Have a safe trip.

Time to get ready for work.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Edited by Anna C on 03-09-18 03:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!!

Trying to wake up with my coffee for help.
I'm surprised they (whoever "they" are) let us drink it.

Did I tell you I read a book that involved a scrapbook??? It was called A Sweethaven Summer. I really liked it.

My phone keeps pinging asking me if I'm walking today. I just can't be ready by 8:15. I need the exercise, but gezze, getting out of the house by 8:15 isn't going to happen! I got up early for 37 years, I am NOT hurrying! LOL

Andrea- can't wait to see you cards.

Rum and I are going to the local camper show today. It will probably be about a fourth of the size of the one we went to in Madison, WI. I don't know why we are going. He would never buy at one of these shows. Oh well, it will be our husband/wife outing. LOL

We went to Nev's indoor track meet last night. Doug and Van were there. Charity was on her way home from Chicago (business). Nev got 2nd in the hurdles and also ran in a relay.
She's such a sweetheart. she came over and thanked us for coming and gave us hugs. Afterward we went for some dinner with Doug and Van.

Have a nice day! bbl

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

nothing going on today. they said we should get some rain today. well i haven't clean my scrapbook room up much. well they are work on the house across the street from us. well my sister might have the baby early April then her due date because the doctor has to go to a conferences . i am still sore.

cathe- have fun at the local camper show today. that nice that Nev got 2nd in the hurdles and also ran in a relay.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Cathe congrats to nev on her second place in hurdles.

Dh took me to dinner at our favorite thai food place for my b day last night. I managed to get some coloring finished but like any day other things came up. We are going to have a family dinner and game night on sat to celebrate as the kids get home late on weeknights.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to andrea m

Happy Brithday Andrea!

Andrea, I am so sorry I forgot your birthday yesterday. Glad your DH took you out to eat and I hope your birthday celebration is awesome with the kids.

Edited by Anna C on 03-09-18 09:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Andrea- Happy Belated Birthday wishes!!
So sorry I didn't look at the birthday list yesterday.
Going out to eat is a wonderful way to celebrate...........plus it's a night off from wondering what to fix.
what games does your family like?

Prom By Scrappin 2

This is our DGD on the day of the Prom, her Freshman year.
She's a Senior this year and will graduate in May and then off to college. Time goes by way to quickly.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Andrea- Happy Belated Birthday wishes!!

sound like you had a nice time with your husband on your b-day

Pocket letter By Southern Lady

Edited by southern lady on 03-09-18 12:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

ACU and off to work in a bit

andrea m
Governor
andrea m
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks ladies.

Cathe we play monopoly, clue and cards. Not a lot as dh is not big on games but he will play a few.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to andrea m

Good morning! Another sleepless night here.

Hope everyone has a great day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

Hello good morning

Well taken dogs get groom today they both need it. My husband say if the weather get nice we start building the garden beds. I can’t wait when we get them done and I could start growing stuff.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday and everyone turn your clocks head tonight.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

Anna- I had trouble going to sleep also. Who knows why.

We are dog sitting today. No one is going to be home at our son's house for hours. Van has his Science Olympiad thing today, So Doug and Charity are there. Nev is downstate for the basketball tournament. They won last night so they play for the championship tonight.

Danielle- your pocket latter is beautiful.

I need to go grocery shopping. I best go get dressed.

Have a nice day!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hello, made it back to Texas. Several delays such as a tractor and 2 farm trucks going 20 on a 75 mph single lane road. They had a chance to move to the side a bit and let the traffic pass but no such courtesy. Another was a road closed due to road work, they had a lead vehicle and had to take turns with each way going. Sat in park for 15 minutes. Blah, frustrating. It's a 10 hour drive on a normal day. I pushed it a bit and made it in the 10 hours despite the delays. Now I feel all beat up, road weary! Oh well lots of things to do so no time to rest.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - Glad you are back home safe and sound

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Denise- your drive home doesn't sound like it was fun--at all!
10 hrs in one day is a lot.

Cheryl- nice seeing you, with you working 3 days in a row, we missed you.

It's been a nice Saturday.
I got up, did my regular check up here on sb.com with my coffee.
then I got myself dressed and to the grocery store.
Came home, unpacked groceries,
Made sandwiches
Left to go to grandson's Science Olympiad thingy. It was the first time his middle school ever entered. It was a learning experience, but Van loved it. His rubber band launched airplane didn't do very well. He and his partner said it stayed in the air much longer in all their trials in their gym.

I think I'll go make some cards. I prefer spending time making Layouts, but I need to use some of my Stampin Up stuff. I was inspired by some videos on the SU website.

Granddaughter's high school basketball team plays at 7:00 for the championship..........small schools

Edited by scrappin 2 on 03-10-18 04:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

Denise - Glad you are back home safe

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Cathe, sorry Van's project didn't do as well as he would have liked. Glad he had fun anyway. Hope your granddaughter's team won last night.

Denise, welcome back home. Hope you get some rest after that tiresome trip home!

Hello to all. Gotta get to moving....with this time change, I am running behind this morning.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Cathe - Sorry Van’s airplane didn’t perform as expected. Will the school continue to participate regularly now?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!!

Cheryl- yes, Van's middle school will enter next year. His
Science teacher is all excited. Everyone was so nice and gave her tips for next year. Her daughter was Van's partner. Charity didn't know if the girls was in 7th or 8th. She towers over Van.

Nev's School's basketball team got Second Place. The team they played was the returning champions. They were really, really good and had some really tall players. We had one tall guy. They should be proud to be Second in the State.....class A.

I'm all ready for church.
As of this minute I'm free and clear to scrap this afternoon. We'll see what happens. I think I'm going to make some cars. I've been looking in my Stampin Up catalog for ideas. I think I'd like to buy some pens.

Andrea - what color do you use most often? I was thinking yellow and green might be good to start with.

gotta go.
Have a nice day. bbl

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Cathe what pens are you looking at buying? I think colors really depend on each person as they gravitate to their favorites. You also have to look at what you are coloring. Skin, flowers, clothes, animals. I love blues and greens which are great for flowers.

I am headed to the laundry mat as my dryer quit working and i have to get all the laundry done for dd to pack to go to California.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to andrea m

Sending Wishes Your Way By Scrappin 2

One I did today.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics