Username Post: Share your current knitting and crochet projects?        (Topic#1673873)
RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Hi all!
I've recently got back into crochet and stumbled across this empty, echoing forum. I was just wondering whether anyone else is around to share their current projects and just chat generally?

SBBeryl
Tenant
SBBeryl
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I started a doilie and a lace trim with the two thin crochet yarn leftovers pink and cream crochet yarn I have. I used to crochet on and off but started to get osteoarthritis years ago and now is only small bits I can do and I go slow very slow. I have 2 unfinished shawls/scarfs. The last complete item I crochet is a mini basket freestyle in cream. Most hobbies is small stashes I have.
I do not have much yarn is only a box slightly taller than a hatbox filled with mostly leftovers and a handful of single 1 ball of yarn. Color crochet hooks set.The last buys were from Herrschnerrs in the USA who ship to EU.
I am sometimes on Ravelry. I did learn to knit and crochet in school but the knitting I forgot a lot. I bought very thin specialty knitting needles from Canada to make a knitted beaded purse, to use up leftovers seedbeads, but lost one of the needles in my beads cabinet it is stuck in a narrow mm width one of the drawers, tried a magnet but can not retrieve it. I had bought some new crochet hooks when I got online and those where/are easier than the ones from decades ago. The trim and doilie I am trying to make is for the journals I make as a hobby as I am home.

SBBeryl
Tenant
SBBeryl
In response to SBBeryl

On YouTube All Crafts Crafts, channel - Yolanda Soto Lopez
she has very good tutorials. I learned from her the shell stitch and with some leftovers [email protected] Sugar 'n Cream I crochet shell stitch washcloths and face wash cloths. That yarn is nice and soft. I sometimes still look at yarns online.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to SBBeryl

Hello! Thank you for replying. Where are you from?

I'd love to see pictures of your creations, if you can upload them to your Gallery. Even unfinished ones, because then we can track progress.

I just finished a circular white cardigan. It's the first garment I've ever attempted, other than scarves and hats, and it's too big. I think I got the tension wrong. It will do for the event for which I made it (annual Good Friday Passion performance - tomorrow) but I'm not sure I'll get much more wear out of it. I just have to put the button(s?) on today, then I'll post a photo.

While I was full of enthusiasm, I also bought 2 big balls of navy Aran yarn to make myself a cardigan for work. I haven't started it yet - and they just told us all they're changing the uniform but haven't given any more details. So that one's on the back burner!

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG

Hi Rosey, it is fun that I saw this board for the first time and found your thread. It looks like this board is not very busy, but I would love to see your cardigan. I have crocheted a tablecloth some months ago, which took me about 8 months :), and since then I knitted some socks and hats. Lately it was cross stitching for me. It would be fun if we could bring this board to more life again!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to SusanneG

Hey Susi! Good to see you my lovely girl! Can you post your tablecloth? I'm intrigued - that sounds like an enormous project.

I finally got round to posting my cardigan:

Cardigan, the back By RedSquirrel UK

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG

Sorry, I missed your post. Have not been in the internet very much lately. I love your cardigan. It looks so pretty on you and you look so young and beautiful!
I will post my tablecloth in soon, I have to go and find the pictures.

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG
In response to SusanneG

Here it is:

tablecloth By SusanneG

it was fun to make, but I won't do something that big with such a thin yarn anymore I guess. Maybe if there would not be so many threads (?) to sew up in the end.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to SusanneG

Susi, that tablecloth is mind-blowing! WOW

SusanneG
Idol
SusanneG

Thank you so much!

Sandie D.
Idol
Sandie D.
In response to SusanneG

Hi Rosey! Are you still checking this section? I've just returned to SB.com and found this by chance. I'm into all different crafts and it's nice to discuss other things too. What are you working on? I have a knitted baby blanket on the go as well as a crocheted baby blanket. I want to start a scarf soon. I'm relatively new to knitting. Hope to see you around!
Sandie

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Sandie D.

Hi Sandie!

Yes I pop back on here from time to time. I'm not really working on anything right now as it's been too hot to spread yarn out all over my lap. But I've nearly finished my crocheted navy cardigan and once I've put the toggles on, I'll post photos.

I'd love to see photos of your makes. Can you put them in your Gallery? I wish I could knit. My grandma and Mum both tried to teach me as a child, and I ended up with a piece of bunting instead of a scarf!

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie

I like to crochet, but I just don’t have the patience for anything bigger than a scarf or baby afghan.

SBBeryl
Tenant
SBBeryl
In response to lisymarie

Finally finished a simple crochet eternity scarf made with multi christmas yarn by Herrschners.
I did learn to knit same time as crochet at elementary school very long ago but I forgot the knitting.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to SBBeryl

• SBBeryl Said:
Finally finished a simple crochet eternity scarf made with multi christmas yarn by Herrschners.
I did learn to knit same time as crochet at elementary school very long ago but I forgot the knitting.

Oh, I'd love to see it! Can you post it in your Gallery?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to lisymarie

• lisymarie Said:
I like to crochet, but I just don’t have the patience for anything bigger than a scarf or baby afghan.

I can relate. Big hooks, thick yarn and an interesting pattern that grows quickly. That's me!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

I finished my navy cardigan/jacket. I wore it when I went to visit my mother, and her greeting was "good to see you, how was the drive... OH I LOVE this! Where did you get? It Can you get one for me?"

My husband stopped me giving it to her straight away! But there are no prizes for guessing what I've been working on for her Christmas present ever since. I've got all the panels done. I just have to attach them and work all round the front for many rows to create the front and the "collar". And make pockets. I'm putting silver buttons on hers.

Is anyone working on anything fun?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics