Username Post: Changing it up        (Topic#1673905)
gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl

How often and how do. you "change up" your LO's.
I noticed I tend to fall into a bit of a rut every now & then with my style. So when I do, I use sketches, or more recently, make my own page kits to mix up products for fresh look.
What do you do? Please share!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to gluemore girl

• gluemore girl Said:
How often and how do. you "change up" your LO's.
I noticed I tend to fall into a bit of a rut every now & then with my style. So when I do, I use sketches, or more recently, make my own page kits to mix up products for fresh look.
What do you do? Please share!

When I started falling into a rut I tried different sizes and styles of scrapping:

-Travelers Notebooks
started scrapping in these in Fall of last year

-Pocket Pages
and
- Project Life (paper and digital)
This is my first year trying both

Trying these has opened my eyes to new and very fun ways of scrapping and makes my traditional layout scrapping fun again, as it gives me a break...
I rotate through the different styles depending on what's "speaking to me" at the time!

Edited by Doreena on 03-15-18 08:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

I get into a rut also.. which is why I try to use sketches a lot. I make cards which helps refresh me from doing layouts..

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 03-15-18 02:17 PM
In response to Sunnydi

I just go read a book or two.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to don1

Lol, Don, I always look forward to your answers in posts!
Doreena and Sunni like to do all that you both mentioned.
So many ways and techniques.., so little time!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I guess I do not really do that I am either scrapping heritage & the pages are easier. I also scrap my kids too

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Doreena, I have used pocket pages and enjoy them too. I sometimes use them in combo with a regular LO.
The sketches help me to think outside the box for sure.
I've also been into using flip flaps as a way to add more pictures onto one LO without adding pages.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake

Sketches and then trying out new techniques. I used to make 'large' layouts, meaning the entire page was filled. The I tried lots of negative space, slowly adding die cuts to my pages. Then I morphed into large die cuts as my backgrounds and finally I'm dabbling in mixed media. It's a transition that takes place over the years as I really work with a new technique.

In my gallery you can practically "see" how my style has changed. Quite comical, really.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• gluemore girl Said:
Doreena, I have used pocket pages and enjoy them too. I sometimes use them in combo with a regular LO.
The sketches help me to think outside the box for sure.
I've also been into using flip flaps as a way to add more pictures onto one LO without adding pages.

DO you have some of those in your gallery you can link?
I love seeing others' techniques...

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to Doreena

I tend to get stuck using the same thing - like brads on everything or buttons on everything or ribbon on everything - a rut. To try to get out of the rut I made a list of all the things I could do with a LO. Buttons, chipboard, ribbon, ink, brads, eyelets, chalk, stitching, wood veneer, stickles, paint, etc. Then I challenged myself to use at least one or two on a page and not use it again until I had gone down my list on other pages. Does that make sense? Between that and using sketches it helped me get a lot more variety into my pages.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to Doreena

Doreena,
I don't think I have any pocket pages in my gallery, but I'll try to look through the pile of LO's that still need to go into my albums. I've coordinated both single page facing a pocket page and done that for events like Christmas or a graduation.

Idlewoman, I love ribbons and buttons but I am finding I don't like to bother with them lately. I have pared down what I use so that I guess makes it more challenging for me to mix it up. Sketches are a huge help to me too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics