Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: APRIL New layouts and cards        (Topic#1674031)
cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Welcome to New Layouts and Cards for the month of April. We also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

May--Andrea
June--Terry
July-Cathe

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Cheryl January 13
Kathy January 22
Danielle February 11
Denise February 13
Ashley March 1
Andrea March 8
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Kimberly June 8
Terry August 5
Kay November 10
Anna December 24

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Edited by Anna C on 04-01-18 03:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Happy Easter!!

Thank you Anna for the cute Easter message.

Thank you Anna for hosting March.
Thank you Cheryl for moving us into April.

I can't stay long. I'm meeting my sister at church for 8:30 Mass.
Then I have to get myself home and make deviled eggs and finish my jello salad. I wonder why it's called "salad", not a stitch of lettuce in it. LOL

Have a great day!

Edited by scrappin 2 on 04-01-18 04:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to scrappin 2

And to go along with Anna's beautiful eggs here's my favorite bunny!
My Favorite Bunny By Abby0317

Thanks Cheryl for hosting April and to Anna for March!

Had a great time at Emma's softball game. Her team won all 3 games and in total she pitched 5 innings and did fantastic! Good fun....

Want to wish you all a peaceful and Happy Easter. Buono Pasquale!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Happy Easter. We had a nice day at church and lunch afterward at my parents’ house. Zoey and Zeke left just a little bit ago. I am relaxing on the couch for now.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Happy you're my friend By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Edited by Anna C on 04-02-18 01:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend. We had a great one but it just by way too fast!

Terry, love the pics on FB. Looks like Danny was having a great birthday. Was that Miss Emma sitting next to you? If so, she sure has grown up!

Danielle, your garden boxes are huge! No doubt that potatoes can grow in them! I didn't realize they were so big.

Denise, loved the pics of your grandbabies on FB! Miss Sadie looks like she is just fine with the helmet. How much longer does she have to wear it?

Ashley, have you seen the forecast? Are you expecting snow? We are! It is in the forecast for the end of the week. I'm really hoping it will all change by then.

Cheryl, looked up the rust paste. It is now in my cart for my next order here. Thanks for doing the April thread.

Cathe, how did your Easter go?

Andrea, how about yours?

Have a great day ladies.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Anna- Your post says 3:44 a.m. Were you really up that early?

I am watching the kids this morning until 1:00. They have one more day off, but Casey has teacher institute. It's not called that. I'm still living in the olden days. LOL
I don't have to leave til 7:30,but I woke up early.

Easter was wonderful. My niece Annie and her husband Garth hosted this year. She and her husband live in a barn. It is really cool.
The food was great. We had a huge dessert selection. I'm not taking as many deviled eggs next time. I have about 12 halves left over.
I didn't take enough photos!!
It was cold so the kids had the egg hunt inside. There are 3 stories to the refurbished barn so there were plenty of hiding places.

Denis -Sadie looked so cute with her bunny ears on.

Danielle- your boxes for plants are really big! they look nice.

Ashley and Anna- I hope you don't get any more snow!!

Cheryl- I love that card!! It is so different. --in a very good way.

Terry- Yhea for Emma and her team!!

I see that Jeannie's birthday is April 3. Hope she pops in.

Have a wonderful day.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Cathe, I am not sure what time zone this forum operates in....central maybe? It was actually 5:44 my time when I checked in and not 4:44 as shown in my post.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! I am attending a card making class at our church today. It will be interesting to see what they are doing. I offered to bring some of my supplies for them to see and use.

Anna - Love the dog!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Seems like it from your posts.

Sadie wears the helmet for another 8 or 9 weeks.

The other grandmother came and got Cooper and Sadie so I can have another day to get over this crud.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

hello and good morning

well Saturday i was still sore from my class thrusday. so my husband rent a digger to dig the holes. we finish put all the tint on the boxes. so then we had to take them out of the garage and move them to the back yard on the side of the house. then we had to finish build the taller one outside seen it would be hard to take from the garage to the side of the house. so we move the other ones to the grass of the back yard and build the tall one. then we move the tall one to the grass. they are heave we had to take a lot of breaks for me. then we had to measure it out that way we can know where to dig the holes of the poles. so my husband dig the holes and then we had to put the tall one on the ground to see where to dig the other holes on the other side. so then we move the box little bit and husband dig the other holes and then put the box back and put the poles in the holes and screw them to the box. so after that we rest awhile husband back wasn't feel great so he took a nap before we head out for dinner. so we went out for dinner for are anniversary to the outback. i love that place. Sunday we level the garden box the tall one in the back then the other. then we put the rest of the tent on the side of the garden beds. i got stung my a bee and it hurt on my arm by my elbow. so then we put cement in the holes. i got sun burn on my face. it a lot of work for these beds . well today it is snow here yuck. yesterday was a nice day and Saturday.

Thank you Anna for hosting March.
Thank you Cheryl for moving us into April.

hope everyone had a nice easter and is have a nice Monday.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Morning---back from the gym and drinking my protein shake. Have some calls & apt to make today but otherwise not a lot going on. I need to start a list of things we need to remember to take next month.

Anna: Yep that was Ms Emma--13 going on 30! She's in that pre-teen hormonal age so you never know what you are going to get with her. It was a fun dinner! This site is in Mesa AZ and they have their own time zone---they don't play the daylight savings game.
Ashley: how was your Easter?
Cathe: I've seen a few real barns that were converted into homes and they were always so cool! I'd love to design one---
Cheryl: your card is so sweet Love it!
Danielle: I agree that your garden boxes look huge!
Denise: I too loved Sadie's bunny ears on her helmet! Great photos on FB.

I have a tax question I have to find the answer for and I'm in a quandary of who to ask since my accountant is now my ex bil. Oh boy....

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Sorry this is going to be several posts as I attended a card class today and wanted to share:

Baset By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Happy Birthday By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Sometimes the smallest things . . . By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Happy Mother's Day By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Today is the perfect day to be happy By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Nice cards Cheryl

Danielle, so sorry for the sunburn and bee sting. That's never fun. but your garden beds are gonna be glorious!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - Glad you get a break so you can get well.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Hope everyone had a great Easter...mine was fair...I didn't have to work so that was kind of all that mattered LOL! I'm just glad it's over! The next big thing coming up is my grandmother's 90th birthday party...her birthday was March 31st but we couldn't have the party for her until April 14th.

Anna- Thanks for hosting March! We got some snow today (made going to work really not fun) but it stopped by like 11AM. We're supposed to get more Saturday but I don't have to go to the lab so it's all good LOL!

Cheryl- Thanks for hosting April!

Cathe- Did Casey have professional development? (that's what it's called here in NY)

Terry- Easter was ok...I just had way to be social way too long because my sister, her husband, and my sister's best friend were over for diner. Every time I tried to sneak off to recharge, my sister's friend would be in my bedroom!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Julie Nutting April Showers tag By Cdjohnson

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Happy Birthday Jeannie!!!
Hope you check in to receive our wishes.

Cheryl- Your new cards are awesome. I love the tag, you have so many details on it.

Denise- Glad you had a day of rest without the kids.

Danielle- The boxes are wonderful. The hard work will pay off.

Terry- Taxes. UGG! DH does ours. I don't know if he knows the answer to your question or not. Is there an IRS hot line??? LOL

Ashley- It's unbelievable another adult would hang out in YOUR room without asking or being with you. How RUDE!!

It's supposed to rain and snow mixed tonight, maybe slight accumulation. We have to go to the Jayco dealer to learn about the camper. They really wanted us this week to go over everything even tho we're not bringing it home until later in the month.
Rum leaves for his NC golf trip on Thursday. I'm afraid it's going to be cool and rainy down there. That's why we can't do the camper thing later in the week.

Have a nice day everyone!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! I played all day yesterday so today I have to be good and do laundry and clean.

Jeannie - Happy Birthday!!!

Cathe - You better take notes

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Jeannie, I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

Edited by Anna C on 04-03-18 06:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

Happy Birthday Jeannie!!

cathe- have a nice time learn about your camper

well yesterday the weather was so werid it was snow and then rain and then the coulds where going away but really windy. i could do anything with the garden boxes. but last night we cut all the poles for the rest of the graden boxes. now we need to buy some plant soil and get some drity to put around the garden bed to make them level. today look little better today the sun is out.

hope everyone has a nice tuesday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to southern lady

Good morning!

Cheryl, glad you liked the dog. Love all of your cards and that tag is wonderful!

Denise, I hope you can get some rest and recover while the grands are with the other grandmother.

Danielle, those garden boxes will provide you with lots of fresh veggies soon! What kind of dirt/soil are you using in them?

Terry, what kind of protein shake do you drink? I can’t get over how much Miss Emma has grown up!

Ashley, I didn’t realize you all got snow yesterday. They say it could be a significant snow here on Friday and Saturday. I am hoping they are wrong!! I would be upset if a visitor in my home was hanging out in my bedroom! That’s our personal space and ours alone!

Cathe, hope you get all educated about your camper! I hope Rum has great weather while in NC. What part of NC is he going to?

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Hello Ladies! I finally got the answer I needed, which actually were forms for the retirement $$ we withdrew to pay off the house before Steve retired. I went from getting a refund to owing boocoo bucks as they didn't take out enough taxes.

Anna: I take a scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 low carb vanilla yogurt, 3/4 yogurt container of milk (2%), 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup semi frozen mangoes, 1 teas Chia seeds, 1 T cinnamon, 1 scoop of Greens First, and 2 teas Liquid Chlorophyll ES. Blend is all in a Nutra-Bullet. "Greens First" is a powder that has 49 super foods & probiotics in it. My sister used it so I tried and I do love the stuff. Got it on Amazon. The Nature's Sunshine Liquid Chlorophyll ES is a digestive tract detoxifier. It has a wonderful minty flavor and for my tummy it is working wonders. So that's it. Probably more info than you wanted.
Ashley: I cannot believe that person had the gall to be in your bedroom!!!! Jeez....I would have asked her to leave and not to come back!
Cathe: We had to do that too with ours. And then we did the whole checklist of things that were wrong.
Cheryl: Amazing cards and I'm in love with that tag! Seeing as how I know nothing about JN dolls, how do you get the clothes?
Danielle: I agree that you are going to have a big garden! How fun....
Denise: Feeling any better?
Jeannie: if you check in: Happy Birthday!!!! Wishing you the best and letting you know we miss you!

Grocery day so its time for a shower & getting ready!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Gee whiz, Ashley, some people are too much .

Terry, your protein shakes sound healthy! Ugh on taxes.

Happy birthday Jeannie. Miss ya!

More snow, Anna? Say it ain't so! Ugh

Still wheezing and hacking but breathing easier. Kids went to the other grandma again. Thankful.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Anna - Yes the sentiment on the card you asked about is SU.

Terry - I stamp the doll on the paper for her clothes and fussy cut them out. I just love making them!!

Denise - Glad you are getting a break again.

We are under a tornado watch until 8 p.m. I have to head to work at 6 which is when the rain and winds are moving in our area.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

ohhh Cheryl-- stay safe!!

Terry- I hope we don't find anything wrong with the travel trailer when we finally haul it home!!
We're going to leave it down at the dealership for two reasons. Rum has to either move the gate to the back yard or whatever. he claims he can get it through the present gate. I'm leery. He has to cut down some tree branches also.

Rum is going to Myrtle Beach, NC. The weather doesn't look very good though. It's hard to pack because Sunday is a high of 59!
When he signed up to go we thought he'd be in nice hot weather.
I bought him new golf shorts as he only had one pair. Now tomorrow I'm running out to see if I can find some gray slacks. Can't wear blue jeans on the course which is just silly.

Denise- Hope you get one more day at least without the kiddos.

Terry- good for you for eating something healthy. '

the dryer is buzzing although it's more like a tinkle and if I'm not in the computer room I don't hear it.

Have a nice evening.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! We had lots of rain here today...but rain is better than snow so I'll take it LOL! I will take lots of rain as long as we get some nice May flowers out of it. It was still kind of cold here though...I told my mom that, once it's no longer cold, I was going to go outside and set my winter jacket on fire so I never have to look at it again. I know that seems a bit extreme but, at this point, I really can't stand the stupid thing.

Cathe- My sister's friend considers herself part of the family and, as such, can do whatever she pleases. I just wish that didn't include her sitting in my room when I want to hide out and read LOL!

Jeannie- Happy birthday! Hope you have an awesome day!

Anna- They're saying snow here on Saturday but I'm not working at the lab this weekend (as a matter of fact I have a four day weekend) so it can snow all it wants!

Cheryl- Stay safe!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Ashley, we are getting lots of rain right now too and lots of wind to go with it. They are still saying to expect snow starting Friday night here.

Cheryl, thanks for the info. I was wondering how you did the JN clothes too. You did a great job with the one on that tag. How's your weather? Looks like parts of KY got hit pretty hard with storms.

Cathe, is Rum going to Myrtle Beach, SC ? I have been to Myrtle Beach SC many times. I don't think Myrtle Beach is in NC.

Denise, how are you feeling today?

Terry, thanks for the info about the protein shake. May have to try it.

Gotta run. Need to get some things done around the house before I head out to work. Laters ladies!

Edited by Anna C on 04-04-18 05:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Morning.

Strong storms and heavy rain last night. Need to go check the plants.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

hello and good morning

my spot where i got stung by the bee is red and itches. well yesterday when my husband came home we put some plastic wrap around the garden bed inside the big tall one. i did that and staple them to the wood. then my husband did the second one is dig the rest of the holes for the poles to go in them. well we need to get some dirt i think around area seen they are move dirt for when they build the house to level the ground and make every look level around the garden bed then my husband will go to a nursery to get soil for the garden bed. he call some place but Waite for the lady to call back because we are going to need a lot i am think 3 truck loads for the frist one maybe more. we will see.

well hope everyone has a nice wedensday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning!

Anna: We are getting rain and more rain here too. Feels really cold but just humidity from the rain.
Ashley: there has to be boundaries! And your room is your room so she had no right to be there! Burn a winter coat? Cuz you don't like it or don't like winter?
Cathe: Jeans are accepted everywhere! How funny a golf course is rejecting them. My ex BIL is a big golfer too---never understood why.
Cheryl: I got really curious about JN dolls and watched a couple of YouTube instructions. They sound pretty fun but I need to lay off spending $$ on more scrappy things. Stay safe---nothing worse than tornadoes! So unpredictable!!!
Danielle: yep, I think you are going to need loads of dirt to fill them!
Denise: glad you have a day to rest and heal! Love all those cute ideas for kids play things on P. Wish I had those ideas when my kids were little.

I found out that you can use the BigShot or die cutter and flower shaped dies to cut tin---craft tin. Then alcohol inks to color the flower. New project!
Stay safe & warm!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - Have you seen where the cut open soda cans and cut and emboss them with the Big Shot? Check it out on you tube. A cheap way if you drink canned soda instead of buying craft tin. As you said, you can use alcohol inks on it.

Grandkids will be here shortly.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Anna- I know I kept typing NC instead of SC.

We had an ice rain mix last night. It was 24 degrees when i got up and 29 when I left to walk the mall. It is so cold. The sun is out now, but not doing much good.

Ashley- you've had more snow than us, I feel your pain! I'm sick of my green winter jacket!

Cheryl and Terry - I bet if I tried using pop can lids to die cut, I'd cut myself for sure trying to get them off the cans.

I finally got my rear out of bed and went walking at the mall today.
When Bergner's opened I bought Rum 4 pairs of slacks. The Docker's fit the best so the other 3 are going back. His golf shirts all go with gray or black. He has a black pair and tan pair of chino type slacks. So i got a gray pair. Being so short I had to come home and hem them up. He's all set.

Terry- In the golf world I think Myrtle Beach is swanky and that's why they can't wear jeans. But really !!

Danielle- you will need a lot of dirt!! Such a nice husband/wife project................not for us. LOL Do you think you're allergic to the bee sting? Hope it is better by tonight.

Cheryl- Your JN dolls are so cute. I made two baby dolls yesterday. They are so little.( I sent them off to Diana)

Hi to all. I was hoping Jeannie would stop in.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - It is not the lids of soda cans you use. You cut the can open and use the inside of the can.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today was a wild day at work...we were very, very, very short so I wound up working 8-6 LOL! I worked 8-10 upstairs in the main lab and then 10-6 on the third floor lab. I got two hours of overtime so I guess that's nice but the day felt like it went on forever. I was very glad to come home and to find that it was still light out!

Anna- They're saying that it's supposed to snow here Saturday.

Terry- I want to burn my winter coat because I hate it and I hate winter. I'm sick and tired of wearing the stupid thing and shoving it into my locker every day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to DNA301

hello and good morning

my husband took today off that way we can try and work on the garden bed. he rent a bobcat again today that way we can start put some dirt in the garden bed and level it out and then we put some rocks on the bottom of it to help the drain water. so we going to get the dirt from across the street there are piles of it seen they had to level the ground when they start doing the house.. then tomorrow my husband taken the bobcat back to the rental place and he is going to vegas to help his mom redo the bathroom. he be back home sunday night i think.

cathe- no i am not allergic to the bee sting.

hope everyone has a nice thrusday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Morning ladies!

Danielle, I’d say you will need A LOT of dirt for those garden boxes. Hope you both have had fun working on this project. Sounds like your bee sting is healing.

Cathe, your weather sounds pretty crappy! Now that we are in agreement that Myrtle Beach is in SC…..LOL! I hope Rum has a good trip and that the weather is sunny and warm. My boss goes to Myrtle Beach to play golf and think there are some really swanky golf clubs down there. And I know he can’t wear jeans where he goes.

Ashley, hope today goes better for you!

Terry, have fun with your new tin projects!

Laters!!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Rum's flight is leaving Chicago as we speak. He got up at 3:00 to catch the bus to O'Hare. Of course I woke up and had a hard time going back to sleep. I finally did and now it is 8:30. I miss him already.

Anna- you're funny.........yes we have established he's going to SC. LOL . He went with my brother Rick and two guys he knows. They are going to golf 5 different courses. I hope the weather cooperates for them.

I'm going to lunch today. I'm hoping for left overs, but I doubt I'll have any.

I plan on getting my Easter stuff put away this morning.

Have a nice day everyone.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Good morning! Again--rain & more rain and mid-50s. I honestly don't mind since without the rain we wouldn't live amongst those 150 ft tall trees!

Cathe: while hubby is away wife gets to play---that's my theory anyway. Add eating out to that too!
Cheryl: I have seen the pop can tutorials! In fact the first time I ever saw this is on the Carol Duvall craft show on HGTV years ago! Anyone else watch her? I loved that show!

I want to say hi to all!! Have a nail apt today and some errands to run too. I wonder if Jeannie is ever coming back?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Hey, yes watched the Carol Duvall craft show, that's a blast from the past.

No jeans? That's all I wear. I love my jeans. Lol

Lunch time, later.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good afternoon!! Home from meetings and tired. I will chat later

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

It's like winter out there!! It's so cold I went back to earmuffs and gloves. We had snow showers this afternoon.

I got my Easter stuff put away. Now the hutch looks so bare and uninteresting.

Terry- I did buy something--a new set of flatware for the travel trailer. That will teach him to go away!!

I think I'm going to send Jeannie and Katy a real card and tell them how much we miss them.

Cheryl- isn't it weird how sitting at meetings can make you more tired than working? I'd come home from professional developments and I'd be so sleepy.

Oh Carol Duvall...I watched her. I really miss some of the old time HGTV shows. Now there is way to many fixer upper shows.

Went to lunch today. Did not like what I ordered. Carole(bff) and I both ordered it. It was a chicken salad with walnuts an cranberries. ............but it was all ground up together. I only ate half.
Then Carole and I went to the mall for a little bit. I had to take back the 3 pair of pants that didn't fit Rum well.(that I bought yesterday) I had kept the Dockers and hemmed them up for his trip.
then I stopped at Menard's to buy two of those safety things you put under your door knobs. I'll feel safer tonight.
Stopped at the grocery store in the snow showers and came home.
Since I got up at 3:00 to tell Rum good-bye and couldn't fall back to sleep immediately,I'm tired.

Have a nice evening.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Those safety bars are nice to have Cathe!

Talk to about cardstock. I usually just use what I get at Me or HL but I want some thicker textured white that can take mixed media. I had some American crafts cardstock a long time ago that I liked, is that still around, would it work, is it textured? What about Bazzil? What do you like? Oh, I hate paying for cardstock, lol so something I can get a good deal on bulk.

It's been a long day here too. Tired. Good night.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Finally can post a tag that I made for the JN Tag Swap last month. I had to mail it to Canada and it took FOREVER for her to get it!!

March JN tag swap By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! We were still short today but I elected to stay upstairs instead of working 8-6 LOL! I was supposed to be training a new girl on urines today but she got pulled to go work at another station so I didn't have to train anyone today which was probably a good thing. I only had one urine analyzer (the motor on the other burned out and the service guy was there all day installing a new one) and there were a ton of samples today. I'm supposed to train someone tomorrow BUT we'll see what happens and how many call outs we have.

Cathe- My mom still has Easter bunnies hanging around. She says she's leaving them until Mother Nature decides to let it properly be spring.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Ashley- how cute that your mom is leaving the Easter bunnies out until it is really Spring weather.

Cheryl- cute tag. I'm so glad you're having fun with the JN dolls.

Denise- Bazzill is heavier than what you find at M's and JA's. I wanted a box of the Am Crafts colored paper so I looked in the sb store. They didn't have much. I was disappointed.

Not sure what I'm going to do today.

bbl

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Morning ladies!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

well yesterday we finish 2 garden boxes fill them with dirt and then potting soil. so now we just have to do the other one but can't today seen it is rain here today.
i found out yesterday night my sister had her baby boy my parents where there and my mom text me and some pictures. i can't wait to go see him. his name is Keller Zane Oliver. i am going to call my mom later on today. they are stay there at my sister house take care of the dogs and cats. well today i have to go to the garden place to pay for the plant soil.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Danielle - How exciting baby is here!! Sounds like everyone is doing fine. Hope you can go visit soon.

I have been cleaning and getting a few things to mail. I need to go to Walmart and get diapers and baby food before the grandkids get here this evening.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

I walked the mall with my neighbor and her friend.

Since I was in town, I returned a toy at HL and used my 40% off for Herma squares for my applicator.
Returned bras at Marshall's
Went into Toys R Us for Crazy 8 and Old Maid cards. things are only 10% off, but I gave Oakley my Crazy 8's to take home. then realized I really need a set here.

then I scooted out to a store called Urban Farm girl. I had to get a different mug. The one I purchased had a crack in it. It is a gift for Casey.

Stopped at McDonald's for a sausage, egg McMuffin for lunch. Got it home.............it had no egg!!!! I was so disappointed. I ate it anyway.I called them and of course they said I can have a free one the next time I stop in.

I messed around with my SU stamp set Waterfront. Oh how i love that set!! It's so much fun.

My sister called and asked if I wanted to go into the house down the road. It's a big, blue, farmhouse looking home. I think it was built in the 90's. When it was first built it became my dream home. Now because of HGTV and life, it wouldn't be my dream home. I DID want to see it though. It's for sale. It is over $400. It has 6 acrea a pool, a huge garage that has an office type room above it.

so I've had a very busy day.

One thing I've learned with DH away..............I'm messier!! LOL

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Danielle- congratulations to your sister. I like his name.

Cheryl- glad someone is cleaning.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hi everyone. Checking in late today but I had a long phone conversation with Bff and then went to fix up some stuff in the trailer.

Anna: hope all is well with you. Did you see that YOU card on P? I have got to try that one.
Ashley: it seems like yesterday that you were the one getting trained! I am like your mom with my glass pumpkins and of course Christmas. I don't have Easter decorations.
Cathe: When hubby leaves next weekend to go judge a dog event, I'm going shopping!!! I've gotten used to him being here all the time but I still treasure some alone time.
Cheryl: adorable tag!! They must turn over the dolls quickly as I went looking for the one you used in the Steampunk tag and I couldn't find it on 3 sites. I do like one named Valentina (?). I see too that there are face stamps now.
Danielle: Congrats to you and the family for the baby! That is so sweet!!
Denise: my cardstock is all textured---from slightly to a lot. And I just realized that I would like some pastel colored paper for envelopes.

No date night but I do think we are having pizza take n bake tonight. Gotta run .....PS--Cathe that is a cool idea to send them both real cards. I might join you on that venture!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Terry, what CS do you use?

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Terry - Rita is the name of the doll I used for my Steampunk tag. She is in the sb.com store for $7.19 I just looked it up.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

This is for April's Challenge on Rockin' Scrappin' Grans:

Snow Cute By Cdjohnson

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to cdjohnson

Hi all. I know I haven't been in here in months... I see some familiar faces, and some new ones. I've been doing pretty good, had some hiccups and technical difficulties, finally ended up with a new laptop. Been busy re-booting my craft space, which I now share with David. The family that crafts together stays together.

url=https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/scrapro om/6113451.html][/url]

That's only one half of my area... the rest is still a work in progress. I've been working on getting my blog and Youtube page going along with some other projects.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Kimberly Rae

Happy Saturday Ladies!

Danielle, congrats on the new addition to the family! Love his name too.

Cathe, sounds like you were really busy yesterday! What did you think of that house? When does Rum return?

Cheryl, loved the snow on your latest layout. It looks so real!

Terry, not sure which YOU card you are talking about on P.

Denise, right now my go to cardstock is from SU. I do like Bazzill too.

Hi Kimberly! Welcome back to the group! I couldn’t get your image to open here but your space looks really nice and very organized. Hope you are doing well.

Ashley, are you still supposed to get snow? We are getting rain right now but the temp has dropped several degrees since I have been up so I guess the snow is on its way here.

Have a wonderful Saturday ladies!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

It's only 15 degrees here this morning!!!
Were supposed to get snow Sunday night into Monday. Great! I have to drive out to Casey's Monday morning.

Hi, Kim, nice to "see" you. Your scrap room looks so neat and organized.

The house I went into was ...............humm..............not quite sure what to say. When it was built it was surely a premier house and I would have died to have it. Now It seemed a bit dated. The kitchen was newer but seemed small for the size of the house.

Rum doesn't come home until late Monday night. His flight gets in at 11:15 p.m. Then he has to get the last bus at 12:30. He'll get home at 1:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. He'll be a tired puppy.

I talked to him last night--on my brother's phone since he refuses to get one. The course they golfed Thurs. had a lot of alligators and I guess wasn't the nicest. Friday's course was beautiful.

Today I plan to stay home ALL day!! I might go to 4:30 Mass. I plan on cleaning the bathrooms and scrapping.

Cheryl- Your LO of Zoey is so cute.

Have a nice day. bbl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Morning! I guess weather-wise we are due to torrential rains and very high winds. I do not like high winds and tall trees. Power outages, tree limbs or trees falling---nasty!

Anna: look at this blog for what I was talking about. It amazes me how she did this:
http://fireflyscards.blogspot.com/2018/03/celebrate-bea ...
Ashley: good morning---did you get snow?
Cathe: What I love about really old homes is the architecture inside the home like arched doorways and nooks, coves, and beautiful windows. I think they had real character that was built into the home. I hate alligators---nasty pre-historic creatures!
Cheryl: definitely a darling LO! Thank you for the name of the JN doll!!!!!
Danielle: I too like the baby's name--very sweet.
Denise: I usually buy my cardstock at the local scrap store so it's a mixture of Bazzill, Co'ordinations, and Paper Accents, which seem to have less texture. Bazzill makes a texture called canvas and that is probably a good one. I compare it to the actual painting canvases. For mixed media tho maybe a watercolor paper would work?
Hi Kimberly--great idea for a scrap area.

Today, I have to check for the final time the income taxes and then arrange for payment. GRRRRRRR......

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Snowing here not a lot but covered the grass. Not on roads as it was 62 yesterday.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

well thanks ann and terry. i can't wait to see him in may. my sister going home today from the hospital. my mom took some pic but her phone went dead when she was going to take more but my mom told me one of my cousin was there and she took some pic. well my husband left this morning to go to vegas to help his mom out with redoing the bathroom. he come home tomorrow night. well it rain here right now.

hope everyone has a nice Saturday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Terry, I looked at that YOU card. Way too complicated for me but it is beautiful!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to Anna C

I’d like to play again.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to YourScrapAttack

Good morning!!

Hi Rhonda--just jump in.

Everyone's Spring weather has been so NOT normal, it seems.

We are to get one inch tonight. They way they've been talking about it, I thought we were going to get 6 inches! LOL
One inch is doable.
There are 60 degree temps on the horizon!!

I'm going to a card making event at the library. It's a lot of fun. I went last fall. I had signed up for the Feb. one, but then got sick.

Have a nice day everyone. bbl

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Found my way into my scrap room.

HAPPENS By Anna C

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Hi ladies. We must have been on the north side of that wind storm because we didn't get near the bad stuff as south Portland did.

Anna: I think (!) that she colored 2 pieces the same and then cut the YOU out of one of them. It's the only thing I can come up with. And I think you'd have to be extremely cautious with the dies placement too.
Cathe: Have fun at the card making event!
Cheryl: I broke down and ordered Rita, the faces, and another little doll girl from another source. I want to use these in my journal of me that I want to do.
Danielle: that is really nice that your hubby is going to help his mom.
Denise: very sweet photos of Cooper & Sadie on FB!
Rhonda: as Cathe said just jump in!

Had a goofy thought this morning: Spring is filled with:
Bugs, Birds, Bunnies, Blooms, Bulbs, Bees, and Blowing wind!!!!!!!
Happy Sunday!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Off to work!!

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to cdjohnson

70 and beautiful this Sunday. Took time to rest today. Laundry and crafting tomorrow. Gotta love Mondays!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning.
I'm babysitting this morning.Kim send me your 70degrees!!!

We got 1-2 inches is snow last night. The roads were clear. Thursday were suppose to have normal temp.

If my iPad cameras worked I could show you how cute Oakly is playing with the kenic sand and his trucks.

Gotta go, bbl

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

CI....have a great day!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Afternoon. Gotta go figure out supper in a few.

The weather is having a temper tantrum, gee whiz!

Here are some of the pages I've been working on:

Don't eat watermelon seeds By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Christopher Ryan Bicknell By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Sweet Baby Boy By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Dream Big baby boy By Rockmom

I used the packaging technique with my watercolors, dylusions, and gelatos. I also used texture paste to create stars in the background.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

its a beautiful boy By Rockmom

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Newborn By Rockmom

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

ACU and getting ready for work

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:
Found my way into my scrap room.

HAPPENS By Anna C

Not usually fond of the poop emoji, but that cracks me up.... haha.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Enjoying a four day weekend...I was off this past weekend and then I combined a personal holiday with a regular day off to give myself a four day weekend. It's the closest thing to a vacation I'm going to get for a long while since all my vacation requests have been denied so far. (Strangely, though, a girl with less seniority than me and who put in her vacation paperwork after me managed to get a three week vacation in June...strange how that happened but my week vacation requests have been denied left and right)

Cathe- We thought spring had finally decided to show up but we're supposed to have rain and snow tomorrow! I can't even with this weather!

Terry- If it was up to my mom, we'd have put bunny ears on her plastic pumpkins and left them out the rest of the year. She REALLY LOVES her pumpkins LOL!

Kimberly- Love the new scrap space! Welcome back!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Denise- ALL your LO of Christopher are awesome!! He sure was a good looking newborn. All your Grandkids are so cute.

Ashley- well, that doesn't seem fair that someone with less seniority would get it approved and yours wasn't.

DH got home safe and sound. He said it was cold in SC. and they only had two warm days golfing. He ate a lot of fresh fish and had she-crab soup. We tasted she-crab soup in SC way back in the early 90's. He said this batch wasn't quite as thick as what we had way back when.

Gotta take the Ford in to the dealership this morning. We're going to have the side fender fixed where that boulder jumped in front of me..............not my fault.............

Catch ya later. Have a nice day.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning all!

Ashley, glad you got to have a four day weekend! Hope you get your vacation when you want it.

Cathe, glad Rum made it home safe and sound.

Denise, love all of your baby layouts!

Kimberly, I would love to be having your weather about right now. We are in the 30s cold and still have snow on the ground. The poop emoji really isn’t my favorite either, but it worked for the person I was lifting in another forum.

Hello to everyone else. Gotta get busy!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello and good morning

Denise- ALL your LO of Christopher are cute.

Cathe, glad Rum made it home safe and sound.

well i mow are lawn little bit because there was some high spots of the grass. there area where it green and other areas that is not yet. yesterday was a nice day. my husband still in vegas help his mom. so i am home alone with my dogs. i can't waite to go see my sister and the baby i be take lots of pictures. well today nothing much going on today. i am hope my husband would come home thursday that way friday we can get the last garden box done.

hope everyone has a nice tuesday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.

Ashley, agree that doesn't seem fair.

Cathe, car repairs no fun but want it looking good.

Sadie threw up last night. Poor baby. She was in a good mood otherwise. She had a fever too. Wonder if it was the 6 month shots or the bug going around. Could be either.

Danielle your nephew is cute. I know you can hardly wait to hold him.

Hi Rhonda and Kimberly.

Gotta get this day going.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

no title By Scrappin 2

No Title By Scrappin 2

Happy Birthday to You By Scrappin 2

Cards I made at the library card making event.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 04-10-18 06:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! Spring is half sprung out here. 6 of a possibly 40 daffodils have bloomed, red bud bush half way flowered, etc. It's weird.

Ashley: that is very odd that they won't approve your requests. Is someone else out at the same time?
Anna: Snow in mid-April is just not right!!! I cracked up over your poo card!
Cathe: Gorgeous cards--I love them all!!! I've been watching Jennifer McQuire using the oxide distress inks and then putting micro glaze on it. Makes the colors really shiine and give a depth to it.
Denise: wow, how did I miss Christopher's birth? He's adorable as are all the layouts of him. How's little Sadie?

Good news---taxes are done, bills paid, filing complete, floors cleaned, and all that means I can play!!! And hubby is leaving Friday to judge so I am home for 3 days alone and I can play even more!!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Yay, for time to scrap Terry!

Jennifer McQuire is talented. I watch her some too.

Don't know how you missed Christopher. He is one now. Lol

Made a baby safe place for Sadie and Christopher to play in. All I need now is the gate installed. I thought Cooper would be mad but when I told him we needed a safe place for Sadie to play he was ok with it.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Off to work again

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to cdjohnson

Denise, that new grandbaby is gorgeous. I became an Auntie again since I was here last, my sister had her first baby girl in October, Kelly now joins big brothers Owen and Colt and cousin Jackson. I need to get to some layouts on that. My whole family lives out in FL, so this Summer David and I are flying out and we are having a HUGE family reunion. I am so excited.

Cathe and Anna... where are you guys to still be having all this insane snow and cold? Loving this weather, but I'm already counting the days until we move to Idaho.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome back. You guys are one of the nicest threads in the forum.... love love love. Anyhow... created another layout, this one as an ad for our church bulletin board for our ladies ministry Lydia Circle..

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Such pretty cards Cathe!

Kimberly, I live in Virginia. I can cross the state line and be in West Virginia in 30 minutes or I can drive 60-90 minutes and cross the state line and be in North Carolina or Tennessee. Just depends on which direction I take! Our weather has been very unusual this year. We have had more snow in March and April than we did in January and February. And believe it or not, snow is the forecast for Monday!

When are you moving to Idaho? That is where Danielle and Andrea here in this forum live.

Hello to all! Have a great day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

good morning11

Kim- or do you prefer Kimberly?
It's so nice you documented your Lydia Circle group.
Congratulations on becoming an auntie.
Idaho is supposedly beautiful. I haven't been there.

We're supposedly going to reach 60* today and tomorrow and then plunge back to the 40*'s.

Anna- you sure have been hit with a lot of snow this year.

Terry- I'll have to watch Jennifer McQuire--perhaps I already have.
I hope you get more done when you're DH is gone than I did, I thought I would and I didn't. ----cleaning-wise, or scrapping- wise.

I'm meeting my bff for awhile today.

Have a great day.

andrea m
Governor
andrea m

Hi everyone.

We had the in laws here for Easter which is always a test in true patients. This year dh's aunt and uncle came as well so mil was on better behavior. We actually had family dinners sat and Sunday. The inlaws left Tuesday .
One of my bffs from Washington flew in Thursday. I took the rest of the week off of work and we had a blast hanging out. She left Monday afternoon. I have been doing laundry and chores to get everything back in order from so much company. Now its back to work today.

It always takes a few week s for me to get life in order once i go back to work.

Kimberley Where in Idaho are you moving? Idaho is beautiful but the weather can be extreme in places. I live in the sun valley area so cold , cold winters and warm summers.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to andrea m

Yes, Kimberly, do make a LO. So nice you get to visit the family in FL later.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics