Username Post: What kind of white paper for watercolor and regular stanping        (Topic#1674113)
New Kid On the Block

New to cards making so I am wondering what kind of paper to use if I'm watercoloring and then the type for stamping using alcohol markers???? The weight is important I have read but not sure of weight either. Thanks in advance for your help.

angel1dot0
Expert
angel1dot0
In response to prplvr01

For water colors I use pigment ink for stamping and watercolor paper.

For alcohol markers I use less porous paper, like manila paper.
Products Referenced in This Post:

wavingmywand
Veteran
wavingmywand
In response to angel1dot0

I do a lot of watercoloring and I prefer mixed media paper for stamping, then watercoloring. Sometimes the paper can warp but an easy trick is to iron it. Yes, iron it! When you're finished coloring and drying, just place it face down between two pieces of parchment paper and iron for a minute or so. The paper will smooth out. Just don't add glues, glitter or embellishments before ironing. As long as you don't get your paper oversaturated with water you won't have a problem with warping. Look at the hydrangea card posted yesterday in my gallery and you'll see an example of watercoloring on mixed media paper.
I usually use Memento Tuxedo Black Fade Resistent Dye ink for stamping. Zap it with a heat tool before watercoloring or allow to dry a few minutes before coloring. Also hybrid inks are becoming super popular because you can use watercolor or alcohol markers. It dries really quickly so once you stamp, you just have to wait a minute or so to begin coloring. Lastly, I've heard that Lawn Fawn's black dye ink is really good although I haven't tried it.

wavingmywand
Veteran
wavingmywand
In response to wavingmywand

I forgot to mention that for regular stamping I usually use Neenah cardstock.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics