Username Post: Scrapbook Style        (Topic#1674115)
scrapmomof4
Pro
scrapmomof4

I feel like my pages are all looking the same, I need a jump start on changing it up a bit. I don't like super chunky pages they are too hard to store in albums.

Do your pages all look the same? How do you jump start your style?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to scrapmomof4

I love to scraplift others ideas and use sketches. Also, try watching some of the videos on this site that may show new-to-you techniques.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to mrsmiller

I used sketches for years . . . really helped with coming up with "new" ideas for pages.

After that, I started making my own die cuts (mostly animals). Then later, I started making large die cut backgrounds.

And then I jumped shipped to mixed media. But it took years to be brave enough to try mixed media.

If you go thru my gallery you'll see how and when I started trying something new.

southgirl
Expert
southgirl
In response to Vivian Lake

You Tube and Pinterest and the gallery sketches help me mix it up and rev my pages a little;

I have gone back to some pages I made and add or change things.

Edited by southgirl on 04-19-18 06:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to southgirl

I go on pinterest alot and look there for some different ideas. or Instagram has some as well.

gluemore girl
Expert
gluemore girl
In response to alana610

I am a pretty simple scrapper meaning I don't use a lot of art techniques. I'm all about the paper, so it's a challenge.
I do use things like washi tape, ephemera, and I'm into the enamel dots right now.
Sketches and Pinterest are wonderful for mixing things up like using new shapes, photo placements, clustering techniques, or just keeping it very plain. I also think varying the number of photos you use can change it up.
Hope that helps. I do have a few images in my gallery if you want to take a look.

scrapmomof4
Pro
scrapmomof4
In response to gluemore girl

Thanks

alana610
Tenant
alana610
In response to gluemore girl

I'm the same I LOVE my paper I almost hate to use it lol. I use alot of washi, stickles and even some rhinestones. I cut alot from my cricut too.

susanlk
Expert
susanlk
In response to alana610

My pages can often look very different from each other and it's just how I scrap. I get bored easily, so I often jump from one collection to another and try to pull different types of embellishments and vary the colors. I only scrap about 3 times a year when I go to weekend retreats, so it's not like I'm churning out tons of pages month after month and my "scrap mood" varies from one scrap binge to the other. I don't typically scrap in chrono order (again, I get bored), so even if I get into a groove where things are similar, the pages don't usually end up right next to each other anyway. The manufacturers that I'm drawn to also tend to do a variety of collections with enough variety in them and I find that helps, too.

I do various amounts of pictures on a page, my typical pages have 1-3 photos per page and a 1-photo page can have a very different look than a 2- or 3-photo page as placement options change. Sometimes I overlap photos, sometimes not.

I also have some subjects that get scrapped in 12x12 while others are done in 8.5x11. Again, this changes the options available for layout and placement.

You could go through the gallery and look for things that you like that differ from your style. Then look to see what it is about those pages that you're drawn to.

I focus on having fun and enjoying the process, so I don't really notice if things look too similar.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics