Username Post: I've fractured my ankle!        (Topic#1674127)
ELLANVANNIN
Governor
ELLANVANNIN

On April 3rd I fell and fractured my left ankle. I have to wear a boot but, because of my arthritis, I don't have the necessary strength to push my body up with crutches so I spend 90% of the day in bed. When I need to move I use my computer chair, that has wheels, and use my right leg to move it, which is exhausting.
I spend a couple of hours a day on the computer or scrapbooking but can't stand much more so I apologize for not leaving love on the amazing lo's you are all making, and want to thank all your so very sweet comments on my pages.
Supposedly my ankle will be healed by May 26 so I still have a long road ahead.
Love you all.
Ana

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 04-19-18 05:30 PM
In response to ELLANVANNIN

The Queen fractured her wrist 1/28. Went to emer. had a wrap put on and got a sling. Then went to ortho. for xray and new splint every Thurs. for 3 weeks, then PT 2 times a week for 4 weeks. Today (4/19) she was told she was good to go ... BUT it will be about 9 months until she will have forgotten about it ... unless she does something she shouldn't have.
You might check with your insurance or a local social service agency about mobility. A scooter or wheel chair.
I hope you have a comfortable recovery.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to don1

Hi Ana...So sorry to hear this!!! May it get a little bit easier each day! Wishing you well!!!

gluemore girl
Pro
gluemore girl
In response to MarciLB

Ana, Get well soon and I hope you can rent a mobility scooter of some kind. When I had my foot and ankle surgery, I got around the house with a walker that had a seat. I could sit and scoot when necessary. I also had one of those knee scooters that I used to get around but that can be precarious like crutches.
Feel better soon and wish you a full and speedy recovery!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to ELLANVANNIN

I am so sorry that you hurt your ankle Ana

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to gluemore girl

• gluemore girl Said:
Ana, Get well soon and I hope you can rent a mobility scooter of some kind. When I had my foot and ankle surgery, I got around the house with a walker that had a seat. I could sit and scoot when necessary. I also had one of those knee scooters that I used to get around but that can be precarious like crutches.
Feel better soon and wish you a full and speedy recovery!

Maria is right about the walker with the nice seat they show me in my physical therapy dr at ny HD dr
I will get one when I need it. it locks and it has a nice seat so you do not have to use your bad ankle

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics