Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: *MAY* Ugly Games! Makin' Magic!        (Topic#1674141)
MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

Welcome to THE UGLY GAMES (formally known as the Ugly Paper Challenge, we had a vote!)

The object of this challenge is to make your mind work. To think outside the box, and to use up papers (and an embellishment) from your stash that you thought you would never (EVER!) use (or, in the interest of this challenge, you picked up solely to torture someone with…which of course I’ve NEVER done!!), and receive a RAK at the end of the month if you A) receive the most votes at the end of the poll for your LO or B) receive the most votes at the end of the month for the papers you sent, or C) IF there are 10+ players, you fully participate and vote, then you get entered into a random.org poll for voting players. In other words, you fully participate, you vote, you get put in random.org, you receive a RAK.

**PLEASE if you don't think you will finish, please do not join this month. It will take everyone doing their part.**

Quick Overview:
1. Sign up by PMing me your name & address by the last day of the current month. Addresses go out on the first!
2. Mail two UGLY 12x12 pieces of paper (ONE of the papers can be shaped as long as it is CLOSE to 12 inches. Yes, including circles. (If you have questions about the size, send me a PM with a photo of the papers together if you'd like so I can see the size comparison.) and one UGLY embellishment BY THE 5TH to the address you received from me, and please post that you have sent.
3. Check in at least once a week. *Note: I'm not super strict on this, just try not to "disappear" for the whole month!*
--but please post you've sent and share a photo of what you received!
4. When you receive your uglies please share! Please!
5. Turn those uglies into something not so ugly!
6. Post your completed LO to this thread by the end of the month (sb.com time)! (Mostly, as long as you are posted before I get up the morning of the first. If you are willing to stay up until 3am just to finish your LO then I'm going to allow it...because, 3am!!)
7. Vote on LOs AND uglies! (See details below)
8. The LO with the highest votes after the poll will receive a RAK from me!
9. The sender with the highest votes after the poll for ugliest combination will also receive a RAK from me!
10. If there were 10+ players (not including me) then the voting players will get put into random.org for a 3rd RAK.

Detailed:
1) To sign up, Please PM me your name, screenname and mailing address BY THE LAST DAY OF THE CURRENT MONTH and you will be entered. I will send out addresses on THE FIRST OF THE MONTH. If you have not signed up by the last day of the month you must WAIT until the following month. NO exceptions! (Except for the exception if you get your address/request to me before I get to the computer on the first of the month! This is because it is too hard to change everything after addresses have gone out!) Although, it’s been known to happen that two people will be “late,” then address exchange is easy, but in that case, it will be up to you and whomever else was “late” to exchange addresses with each other. (I live in the Central Time Zone now, but I'll be going by sb.com time...because I don't get confused enough as it is! )

2) You then mail two UGLY 12x12 pieces of paper and one ugly embellishment BY THE FIFTH to the address given to you by me. Also, please make a comment here to the thread when you mail your papers out, just to keep everyone informed. Sometimes the mail goes the back-road to places! For example, I've sent to Texas before, but the papers took a detour through Ohio first! **No, I won’t be harsh about this date, sometimes weekends/holidays inconveniently take some of the days, something happens in life, the weather refuses to cooperate, etc. and it just wasn’t possible to get things out by the fifth of the month. What is important is that they get sent as early as possible so there is time for the recipient to “deal” with them, and so it is known if there is a need to do an angel send.**

I've sent papers out as an angel send because the original sender was so late in sending I thought something had happened, even though I had been informed the papers "would be" going out on a certain date, only to have the original sender's show up. There is a difference between sending (up to) a few days late, and sending so late that the month is over half over before they are received (and this was a domestic, within the U.S., send) . I don't know who else to put this, but it's important to be reliable.

3) Make your layout then post here BY MAY 31ST
LO Rules/Guidelines:
- Must use all or part of the two 12x12 papers supplied to you, the embellishment is optional, it is the *twist* for this challenge. Using the embellishment gets you 2 extra votes on your LO.
- Must be able to see both pieces of paper on the layout, if they aren’t immediately obvious, please point them out, but they will still have to be able to be recognized. I emphasize this because of the influx of mixed media products in the scrapbooking world. It is too easy to “lose” the papers behind some paste, ink, and paint! Yes, sometimes the results aren’t as expected, I have had inking attempts come out far darker than I anticipated. This is just a reminder to be careful!
- Must allow public embedding.
- No digital layouts due to the papers being used.
- Layouts must be uploaded here by 5/31 at midnight (or, you know, 3am) to qualify for the votes.
- One layout per person please.
- Must take a before picture of the papers and post on the thread.

4) Then we vote! If ten entries or less everyone will go in the poll, if 10+ entries you will pm me the top 3 (don't vote for yourself, you get a vote for pming me.) You will also get 2 extra votes towards the poll if you used the embellishment sent to you (so when you pm me let me know/remind me if you used your embellie). The winner of the poll will receive a RAK from me. However, keep in mind that you need to have sent papers, received papers, AND completed/posted your LO by the end of the month (sb.com time) to be eligible. Yes, all three. Even if you are participating this month using last month’s papers and you sent papers again this month, you aren’t eligible for the RAK. Why? Because in essence, you just had twice as long to figure out what to do with your papers. You will still be placed into the poll, but you won’t be eligible for the RAK. I MAY make exceptions depending on circumstances, but that will be at my discretion.

5) There will also be voting on who received the worst combination! As with the LO voting, if ten entries or less everyone will go in the poll, if more than ten entries you will pm me the top 3 (don't vote for yourself, you get a vote for pming me). The winner of this poll, as in the person who SENT the papers, will also receive a small RAK…just for being especially creative in finding a horrific beautiful combination! However, keep in mind that you need to have sent papers, AND completed/posted your LO by the end of the month (sb.com time) to be eligible.

NEW STUFF (“Rules” sounded too harsh, and this is supposed to be fun!!!):
-Don’t forget to check in to let us know you didn’t get glued to your table! (If you are on vacation just let me know ahead of time)
-If you do not check in (or, you know, don't disappear) and/or post your layout you will NOT be allowed in the following month with new papers. You may participate again with the papers that you have and you may be required to send new papers out (unless of course you have had an emergency or let us know you will be out of town).
-Starting November 2015, when voting, send me your TOP 3, please! (For both LOs and papers)
-Please post your uglies after you receive them, that way even if you don’t get your LO done the sender will still be in the voting! Unless your sender is willing to wait to have their uglies in the following month! (This isn’t important if you received from me because I’m not in the voting anyhow!!)
-NEW! Starting February 2017: ONE of the papers can be shaped as long as it is CLOSE to 12 inches. Yes, including circles. If you have questions about the size, send me a PM with a photo of the papers together if you'd like so I can see the size comparison.
-If you are a brand new player please go ahead and sign up now.

Extra Notes:
-Easiest way to mail these is to put them between cardboard and tape the edges or you could put them in a tube and mail them that way.
-When/if you send double sided paper you can put an "X" or scribbles or writing on the side you DON'T want the recipient to use. Or, put a sticky note indicating which side to use! Just make sure you don't use something to mark with that is going to bleed through to the side you intended to be used!!

Edited by MrsCDJ on 05-12-18 10:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Examples:
Uglies: Not So Uglies:

APRIL'S WINNER'S

Layout:
This Way to the Pumpkin Patch By Doreena

Uglies:
April Ugly Paper ~ Sent to Lynnde from scrapanda!

Random.org...Debby!

Edited by MrsCDJ on 05-12-18 06:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

My Examples This Month:
0. CJ (MrsCDJ)
Ugly: Not So Ugly:

Tributes:
1. Doreen (Doreena)
Ugly:
2. Debby (Debby_Westbrook)
Ugly:
3. Deanna (Deanna Schuler)
Ugly:
4. Danelle (lynnde)
Ugly:
5. Amanda (scrapanda)
6. Sandra (sasload4)
Ugly:
7. Jenny (liljenny1)
8. Char (charcats7)
Ugly:
9. Tayrah (AuntyT)
10. Christy (Siimplicity)
Ugly:
11. Pat (GentlewoodFarms)

Edited by MrsCDJ on 05-20-18 06:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

First!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
First!

You're first because you miss me being in California with you already, huh??? Don't try and deny it, I know it's true!

::walks away quickly before a counter argument can be made::

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
First!

You're first because you miss me being in California with you already, huh??? Don't try and deny it, I know it's true!

hahahaha!
Wait, you left?!
I didn't even notice!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
First!

hahahaha!
Wait, you left?!
I didn't even notice!

I thought for sure you'd hear the fading laughter as I went East on the 40...

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to MrsCDJ

I'm in..

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
First!

hahahaha!
Wait, you left?!
I didn't even notice!

I thought for sure you'd hear the fading laughter as I went East on the 40...

Oh that was you?
Should have realized...

Edited by Doreena on 04-23-18 03:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Doreena

I am in! I already have papers boxed that were supposed for this month.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Deanna Schuler

I'm in!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to lynnde

I am saving to favourites and will officially sign up when I get mine done - my plan is to work on it right after I finish catching up on all the threads - hopefully an idea comes to me!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Scrapanda

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to debby_westbrook

Just posted mine for April so officially signing up for May!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Scrapanda

Count me in please!! I found my LOs that my daughter kindly put away in a memory box, and only found them when looking for something else

C.J. So glad to read that your feet touched Okie ground safely. Hopefully it won't be too long before you are creating again.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
Count me in please!! I found my LOs that my daughter kindly put away in a memory box, and only found them when looking for something else

C.J. So glad to read that your feet touched Okie ground safely. Hopefully it won't be too long before you are creating again.

Look, all those years of teaching your daughter to pick things up finally paid off!

I am working my @$$ off trying to get my craft room in order, because I WILL be joining in May! I'm tired of not being able to be crafty. Now all I need is DH to be a little more cooperative, a lot of my craft supplies are in the polebarn, and have been since the end of February. And by a lot I mean almost all of my paper and cardstock. I have access to some, but not all, and for the uglies I will need access to all my options! You never know what's going to come in the mail! (But have no fear, I already have a set to mail within reaching distance. I made sure to keep it with Kathy's set so I'd be able to mail even if I wasn't 100% put back together!)

Which reminds me ...

Kathy, May is the last set I have for mailing!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to MrsCDJ

I'm in! Posting my LO in the other thread today....

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to charcats7

I’m in.

liljenny1
Diva
liljenny1
In response to AuntyT

I so can't wait for a room to actually be able to scrapbook a lot more then I have been lately.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to liljenny1

I'm here, and I'm working on addresses!

Edit 45 minutes later ... NOW I'm working on addresses! I think my computer is done being a for now.

Edited by MrsCDJ on 05-01-18 06:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Addresses are done!

And I may or may not have given Doreen's address to Sandra AND Debby ...

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to MrsCDJ

Addresses are done?? Geesh...you're not messing around. Is it too late for this caboose??

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to Siimplicity

I want it to be noted that I am LAST. That takes a lot of patience.

liljenny1
Diva
liljenny1

Guess who is on point-my Uglies are already in the mail. They sure put up a fight

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

• Siimplicity Said:
Addresses are done?? Geesh...you're not messing around. Is it too late for this caboose??

Well...it depends on if there is another person who was as patient as you. Or if someone doesn't mind sending an extra set out...

I do have a set from Kathy, but I don't know if she is playing this month or not.

Or I can send to you. Don't want you missing out!

Edited by MrsCDJ on 05-01-18 12:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to MrsCDJ

I will get my papers in the mail on Thursday. And man are they ugly.. ahem.. I mean beautiful!!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
I will get my papers in the mail on Thursday. And man are they ugly.. ahem.. I mean beautiful!!!

I know where they're going!

Ok, I know where everyone's is going...

and I know where mine are coming from...

And that's about the extent of my knowledge.

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Siimplicity Said:

Well...it depends on if there is another person who was as patient as you. Or if someone doesn't mind sending an extra set out...

I do have a set from Kathy, but I don't know if she is playing this month or not.

I will wait and see if anyone else is a patient as me...

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

• Siimplicity Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Siimplicity Said:

You got used to being three hours ahead of me, now you're only one! I try to do addresses as close to first thing in the morning as I can...unless the first falls on a Sunday, then I don't rush as much because nobody's going to the PO that day anyhow!!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to MrsCDJ

I'm patient.

Actually, I'm just slow ....

That's how we roll in Oklahoma, C.J. None of that California rush for us. I can swap with Christy if you like. I have some interesting paper - ugly to me, but maybe not to her!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to GentlewoodFarms

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
I'm patient.

Actually, I'm just slow ....

That's how we roll in Oklahoma, C.J. None of that California rush for us. I can swap with Christy if you like. I have some interesting paper - ugly to me, but maybe not to her!

You have no idea how much this relaxed, no rush atmosphere messes with me! Maybe someday my brain will adjust, although I'm pretty sure half the 'problem' is my brain, not my environment!

But YAY! You and Christy can swap!!! I'll add you two to the Tribute list!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • lynnde Said:

Well, unless I am getting papers from Sandra, Debby AND Danielle... I know they aren't for me!

Edited by Doreena on 05-02-18 06:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:

You have no idea how much this relaxed, no rush atmosphere messes with me! Maybe someday my brain will adjust, although I'm pretty sure half the 'problem' is my brain, not my environment!

You'll be amazed at how quickly you'll adjust to a slower paced life. We don't get too excited about much of anything out here in the sticks. LOL

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Siimplicity Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Siimplicity Said:

You got used to being three hours ahead of me, now you're only one! I try to do addresses as close to first thing in the morning as I can...unless the first falls on a Sunday, then I don't rush as much because nobody's going to the PO that day anyhow!!

I am used to those three hours. And, on top of that, I lost track of time; actually forgot it was May 1st. Vacations can do that to ya...

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

My Beautiful, and I mean Beautiful papers and embellie are on their way!!! I'm pretty sure we will hear screams of pleasure when they arrive... oops!

GentlewoodFarms
Governor
GentlewoodFarms

• GentlewoodFarms Said:

You'll be amazed at how quickly you'll adjust to a slower paced life. We don't get too excited about much of anything out here in the sticks. LOL

I lied.

It's the first week of May. Tornados abound. It's fixing to be a bumpy night here in the central part of the state.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • GentlewoodFarms Said:

I lied.

It's the first week of May. Tornados abound. It's fixing to be a bumpy night here in the central part of the state.

It might be strange, but I'm not terribly disturbed by tornado threats. Everyone kept saying "But they have tornadoes in Oklahoma!!!" And I kept saying, "But there's earthquakes in California, and they don't even come with ANY warning!"

Plus I spent 5 years in Southern Michigan, which is technically at the top of tornado alley.

My main concern? That storm better not wake me up too early!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to MrsCDJ

I got my BEAUglyFUL papers in the mail today!!!! And... they are OFF......

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • lynnde Said:

Well, unless I am getting papers from Sandra, Debby AND Danielle... I know they aren't for me!

None from me for you... this month... and you can thank me later!!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to lynnde

I received my papers from Jenny yesterday, just haven't had a chance to take a photo of them yet.

But NSD weekend is approaching, and I've been mentally planning for it since 2011! THIS will be the year I get to scrap/craft all weekend!!

Edited by MrsCDJ on 05-04-18 05:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to MrsCDJ

I have already alerted the Husband. I will be scrapbooking all day Saturday!!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I was not even thinking it was NSD Saturday when I rescheduled Open Craft day here- DH is out of town and will be back the original weekend it was scheduled, so I bumped it up to the 5th. PLUS we are leaving for the west coast the 18-27th - visiting family and friends from Eugene, OR to Seattle, WA. 4 major stops- possibly a 5th in there- but people we haven't seen in a while...

So I hope my papers get here soon so I have a chance to do something.

My dad's tests he had the past Wed showed no signs the cancer has spread- BUT- he has a 2" bladder stone. It must be serious as the doctor called me to schedule him in for surgery ASAP! He said they have to take care of that before they can do any treatment for the prostate cancer. Sooo- Monday morning we see the doc. Then Tuesday at 12:30p we go into the hospital and the surgery isn't until 2:30p... why 2 hours ahead I have NO clue. So anyway- I'll be sitting all that afternoon- waiting until he's released. I did the phone call preregistration today- that was crazy- why is he taking a blood thinner? Because he's allergic to aspirin. No- really- has he had a stroke? Seizures? No- he has low BP and he can't have aspirin... I had to say that like 4 times before they let it go.

Life happens :/

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to charcats7

No NSD for me... Hubby is still in full let's have family togetherness more ( yet the the boys still go to daycare\ school all day. We) I mentioned NSD and he laughed... I am seriously struggling from withdraws here! ,( I sound so ungrateful that hubby is home safe... Not true ) but WHEN IS MY ME TIME?

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 05-05-18 09:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

I spent the day doing yard stuff, because I have a yard now...and I found out some of my muscles don't work near as well as I remember them working! (Now someone needs to come get me off the floor...ya know what, just bring me a pillow.)

But, I'm so excited that tomorrow is NSD (officially)! I really, really, really want to do stuff. Actually, I'm going to try and do stuff now!

Oh yeah, I mailed my papers out today! (It's a 40 minute round trip to the P.O. for me now...I'll have to keep that in mind in the future so I can plan better!)

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Here are the papers Jenny sent me!

May Ugly Papers! By MrsCDJ

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to MrsCDJ

I sent mine out yesterday (thursday) - hoping I get some NSD time in. Dd generally has dance class that I take her to on saturday mornings - however i'm on evening two of a fever and horrendous cough and she puked all over me, herself, the couch and the area rug before bed so ya....I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
I sent mine out yesterday (thursday) - hoping I get some NSD time in. Dd generally has dance class that I take her to on saturday mornings - however i'm on evening two of a fever and horrendous cough and she puked all over me, herself, the couch and the area rug before bed so ya....I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings!

Oh my! Poor baby!! Hope she feels better soon!!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
I was not even thinking it was NSD Saturday when I rescheduled Open Craft day here- DH is out of town and will be back the original weekend it was scheduled, so I bumped it up to the 5th. PLUS we are leaving for the west coast the 18-27th - visiting family and friends from Eugene, OR to Seattle, WA. 4 major stops- possibly a 5th in there- but people we haven't seen in a while...

My dad's tests he had the past Wed showed no signs the cancer has spread- BUT- he has a 2" bladder stone. It must be serious as the doctor called me to schedule him in for surgery ASAP! He said they have to take care of that before they can do any treatment for the prostate cancer. Sooo- Monday morning we see the doc. Then Tuesday at 12:30p we go into the hospital and the surgery isn't until 2:30p... why 2 hours ahead I have NO clue. So anyway- I'll be sitting all that afternoon- waiting until he's released. I did the phone call preregistration today- that was crazy- why is he taking a blood thinner? Because he's allergic to aspirin. No- really- has he had a stroke? Seizures? No- he has low BP and he can't have aspirin... I had to say that like 4 times before they let it go.

Oh wow, you have so much going on in your life. Thinking of you and your family!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to lynnde

My papers will be mailed out Monday. sorry it's going to be late. I had a doctor's appointment that took longer than expected, so there went the rest of my plans for the remainder of the day. Hoping to get some scrapping done today.

CHAR - My prayers are with you and your dad, and that all goes well with his surgery.

Cj - Sounds like you are adjusting well to Okie life. Hopefully the storm didn't wake you too early!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

Go vote for the UGLY PAPERS from April!!

Go vote on the LAYOUTS from April!!

Edited by MrsCDJ on 05-06-18 12:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
  • charcats7 Said:

Oh wow, you have so much going on in your life. Thinking of you and your family!!

Thanks so much - I'm kinda on overwhelm... wish my DH was home- what am I going to do next year when he is gone for a year???

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

• Deanna Schuler Said:
No NSD for me... Hubby is still in full let's have family togetherness more ( yet the the boys still go to daycare\ school all day. We) I mentioned NSD and he laughed... I am seriously struggling from withdraws here! ,( I sound so ungrateful that hubby is home safe... Not true ) but WHEN IS MY ME TIME?

I had that issue when DS was young. DH did not understand that I needed TIME - just for me- without young one even if all I wanted to do was sit and stare at a tree or something- I NEEDED time. He would say- well- you weren't doing anything and I have stuff I want to do.... Well- I had stuff called "nothing" I wanted to do.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
My papers will be mailed out Monday. sorry it's going to be late. I had a doctor's appointment that took longer than expected, so there went the rest of my plans for the remainder of the day. Hoping to get some scrapping done today.

CHAR - My prayers are with you and your dad, and that all goes well with his surgery.

Cj - Sounds like you are adjusting well to Okie life. Hopefully the storm didn't wake you too early!!

Thanks Sandra - all prayers are greatly appreciated.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to charcats7

My papers went out today.

Also I received mine on Saturday...
I haven't opened them yet though...

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to Doreena

My papers went out Friday. I got so much done on Friday and then did nothing next two days.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to AuntyT

My papers are delayed going out because I caught myself almost sending to LAST month's address...they will go I out tomorrow.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

That's willpower!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
  • Doreena Said:

That's willpower!

No... it's I'm too dam-n tired and busy to deal w/ it, LOL

I opened them this morning though and I like... one of them!

Edited by Doreena on 05-08-18 07:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Scrapanda Said:
  • Doreena Said:

That's willpower!

Right there with ya! I'd raise my arms and hollar "Preach it sista!," but my arms are too tired.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • Scrapanda Said:
  • Doreena Said:

That's willpower!

Right there with ya! I'd raise my arms and hollar "Preach it sista!," but my arms are too tired.

Stop yelling, you woke me up!

JK... I wish I was asleep!

Edited by Doreena on 05-08-18 03:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Scrapanda Said:
  • Doreena Said:

That's willpower!

Okay here they are:

May Uglies By Doreena

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Doreena

Got my uglies today... they are from Debby... pretty scary... but what she didn't realize was that my 4 year old was Captain America for Halloween! LOL!

May Ugly papers By Deanna Schuler

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 05-09-18 02:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?? Haven't opened them yet??? I hardly get them in the door before I rip them open! LOL

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to lynnde

Me too... I see mine and have to open them... I admit this time i waited... a little afraid of what Debby sent.

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 05-09-18 02:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• Deanna Schuler Said:
Me too... I see mine and have to open them... I admit this time i waited... a little afraid of what Debby sent.

Debby you say?! I don't blame you...

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:

I wish I was asleep too...maybe we should nap together...wait, that came out wrong.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:

I wish I was asleep too...maybe we should nap together...wait, that came out wrong.

Not to mention the timing is off... I mean, we did used to live near each other...

Edited by Doreena on 05-09-18 12:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Doreena

Stalking the Mail Lady!!!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

Sneaks in to see if the lucky person who got my papers has posted it yet.... knowing it should be there by now!! I mean, they are all beautiful and all... I am sure they can't wait to share how lucky they are!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
Sneaks in to see if the lucky person who got my papers has posted it yet.... knowing it should be there by now!! I mean, they are all beautiful and all... I am sure they can't wait to share how lucky they are!

...generally when the sender has this much 'faith' that their papers are beautiful, it means the receiver is probably picking themselves up from the floor.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to MrsCDJ

So.... I am glad my papers don't have far to travel (about 4-5 hours) because my hubby did not take to PO as promised... I will be taking them on my lunch break! SOOOO sorry for to my receiver... for them being late... not for them... they are OF COURSE BEAUTIFUL!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

• Deanna Schuler Said:
So.... I am glad my papers don't have far to travel (about 4-5 hours) because my hubby did not take to PO as promised... I will be taking them on my lunch break! SOOOO sorry for to my receiver... for them being late... not for them... they are OF COURSE BEAUTIFUL!

Husbands, can't live with them...aaannnnd, that's all I got.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • Scrapanda Said:
  • Doreena Said:

That's willpower!

Okay here they are:

May Uglies By Doreena

Love the Spiderman one! I have had that bee paper before for this challenge!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Scrapanda

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to MrsCDJ

I saw my papers in the mail box upon arriving home after work... I made it.. hmmm about 4 minutes before I opened them!! Here they are, in all their glory!!!

May Ugly Paper~ By Lynnde

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
I saw my papers in the mail box upon arriving home after work... I made it.. hmmm about 4 minutes before I opened them!! Here they are, in all their glory!!!

Those are really BEAUTIFUL!!! ::Mega Heart Eyes::

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:

Sorry one of them is wrinkled! That was my fault; that paper did not want to go in the packaging... I think it was attached to me; the feeling was NOT mutual, LOL

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • lynnde Said:

All in the eyes of the beholder

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • lynnde Said:

Sorry one of them is wrinkled! That was my fault; that paper did not want to go in the packaging... I think it was attached to me; the feeling was NOT mutual, LOL

No worries, I've learned recently, that sometimes that adds character LOL Why do I have this image of you wrestling and rolling around with this paper? hahaaa OK, I have had a long week and I've officially lost it

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • lynnde Said:

...generally when the sender has this much 'faith' that their papers are beautiful, it means the receiver is probably picking themselves up from the floor.

That's the hope right?!?!? Or am I just a little evil????

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • lynnde Said:

No worries, I've learned recently, that sometimes that adds character LOL Why do I have this image of you wrestling and rolling around with this paper? hahaaa OK, I have had a long week and I've officially lost it

Cuz I totally was! LOL!
Well, not really but I was struggling and may have dropped a couple of f-bombs!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Doreena

I got mine today too from CJ! Will take a picture in the daylight tomorrow. I don't mind them at all!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Scrapanda

So my papers FINALLY went postal...no thanks to hubby. We are camping in my in laws RV this weekend with the in-laws. No scrapping. My boys are all having fun though.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
  • Doreena Said:
[quote=Doreena

Okay here they are:

May Uglies By Doreena

Love the Spiderman one! I have had that bee paper before for this challenge!

I love the Spider-Man also...
(Char did you remember I'm a Spider-Man fan?!)
And I recognized the bee paper from this challenge before...
Not sure how to mix the 2 though.
My main concern though are those embellishments!

Edited by Doreena on 05-12-18 06:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

The April poll results are...

Layout: This Way to the Pumpkin Patch By Doreena

Uglies: April Ugly Paper ~ Sent to Lynnde from scrapanda!

Random.org...Debby!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:

Not to mention the timing is off... I mean, we did used to live near each other...

You never know, we may get our chance! I may have to go back to California to visit someday...

Edited by MrsCDJ on 05-12-18 06:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • lynnde Said:

I think the beholder needs her eyes checked!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • lynnde Said:

That's the hope right?!?!? Or am I just a little evil????

But I'm pretty sure that's a requirement for this challenge.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
I got mine today too from CJ! Will take a picture in the daylight tomorrow. I don't mind them at all!

I don't remember what I sent, but I do remember thinking "Amanda isn't going to have ANY problem with these, I should find something more challenging." That thought was followed shortly by "I'm too tired to care about being evil."

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

I finished my layout!!

As a reminder, here is what Jenny sent me...

And this is what I turned it into. All I could think of is "Happy Sunshiny Day" with those papers, so I made the embellies match everything else! Can you find them??

happy By MrsCDJ

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to MrsCDJ

Here is my LO!!

Here is what I was sent:

Here is my completed project with the embellishment!!!

All is Bright~ May Ugly Games By Lynnde

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity

• Deanna Schuler Said:
Got my uglies today... they are from Debby... pretty scary... but what she didn't realize was that my 4 year old was Captain America for Halloween! LOL!

May Ugly papers By Deanna Schuler

Wow...that's funny!! Can't wait to see your layout~~

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
I finished my layout!!

As a reminder, here is what Jenny sent me...

And this is what I turned it into. All I could think of is "Happy Sunshiny Day" with those papers, so I made the embellies match everything else! Can you find them??

happy By MrsCDJ

Me! Me! Me!!! I found them! LOL

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:

Random.org...Debby!

Way to go Doreena!! That is a great LO!!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to lynnde

Congrats to April's winners

My papers went out yesterday and will be in the receiver's hands on Monday, sorry they are so late.

I received my papers from Amanda today. Workable, very workable and even have the photo picked out. I'll try and post it, but I've been having posting anything since my computer did updates.

Edited by sasload4 on 05-12-18 05:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to sasload4

Here they are. IRL the papers are lighter.

MAY UGLY PAPERS & EMBELLIE By Sasload4

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • lynnde Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • lynnde Said:

I think the beholder needs her eyes checked!

If you only knew how much truth there was to this!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to lynnde

My UGLIES\beauties also supposed to arrive Monday... I will keep an ear to the northwest listening for the squeals of delight!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:

You never know, we may get our chance! I may have to go back to California to visit someday...

Yay, Nap Time followed by Milk & Cookies!

Edited by Doreena on 05-13-18 10:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:

Random.org...Debby!

Oh wow! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics