Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: May new layouts and cards        (Topic#1674199)
Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Just sitting here doing nothing since it’s over 80 deg and it is only 9am! Hot hot day here. We’ll leave here Tues and then spend 2days in the Des Moines area before going up to Aaron’s in MN. Most everyone left for their homes yesterday so it’s very quiet now

Anna...I think your boss’s decision stinks! But you have the right thought to hold on while you find something else! Enjoy the rain cuz it’s headed for 93 deg here today and I’m praying the air conditioner doesn’t break!
Uh oh. iPad is under 5% power....I’ll bbl when it’s charged again to finish

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Anna - Mouth is still a little sore but good overall. I don’t blame you for going with him until you find something else.

I started the Keto Diet. I was reading all the science behind it. It is high fat (which makes you feel full), moderate protein and low carb way of eating. Basically you just STOP eating bad stuff and ear whole, good for you foods. I haven’t had a diet soda in over a week. They don’t even taste good now. I drink water, tea and coffee. I am not going to lie it isn’t easy and you need to prep ahead so you don’t grab bad foods.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Congrats By Scrappin 2

another one from me.
This is Rayn our DGD who belongs to our daughter Casey and her hubby Sonny.
The medal around her neck is for being in Junior Honor Society.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

TV weatherman just said it is 95 degrees. ugg It is going to continue.
I watered the plants and was hot! I am so thankful that I have A/C .

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

It’s going to be another blistering day here too. Uggg!

Cathe..such fantastic los ! I’m inspire but can’t do anything about it.
Cheryl.. I’ve heard of the keto dietbut not the specifics. Good luck on it.
Danielle..looks like you are having a great vacation
Denise..my mouth watered over your tomato description! It made me remember the ones the me grandfather grew! He also always planted garlic between each plant to keep the green bugs off

Anyone doing anything for Memorial Day? We leave MO tomorrow and will spend a day at least near DesMoines and then up into MN. I’m anxious to see the grands but I really want to head home

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Terry, it's verry green and pretty in Iowa. The peonys are gorgeous up there. Be safe.

Going to the Broyles family reunion today. Couldn't get any of my cousins or my uncle and aunt to come. Kinda sad.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Just a normal day here

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

I finally got a chance to use this stamp set I purchased from SU:

Feiends make rhe good times better By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Nothing special yesterday. Spent the day reading up on job interviews and preparing an updated resume. Just not sure I am up to going thru this at my age. 3.5 years I can retire at 62........

Sorry to keep ranting about this. This has been a very upsetting ordeal. Moving forward I will try not to bore you all with this situation.

Today is Donna's funeral.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Anna...not boring and I totally understand your frustration since I was also in a similar situations a few years ago. Sending many hugs!
I said a last goodbye to Donna on her FB page....so sad!

Time to pack up the trailer...

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!!

Anna- talk to us all you want about the job situation. That's what friends are for.

Cheryl- your card is beautiful. I love that stamp set.

Denise- it's too bad you couldn't convince the other relatives to go to the reunion.

Terry- have fun with the grandkids.
Doug, Charity and Van were over for dinner last night. They loved our new trailer. They said that the set up will be so much easier for Rum than the pop-up.

I'm so excited that a gal got in contact with me who is trying to figure out her heritage. Our Grandfather's were half brothers.

I'd better do some cleaning today. Don't wanna.

I'll be thinking of Donna. Rest in peace Donna.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

OHHHH Free ship on $55?????? oh geeze, what to do, what to do??? It is sooo tempting. Believe it or not I don't have anything in my cart. LOL

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello and good morning

I am back home.

terry-This trip is just for of all kinds of excitement. I am glad that the heart attack victim is doing better.

ann- that is not good, having no insurance is the pits.

Denise- nice of you to put flowers on the graves.

Rest in peace, Donna, our sweet and funny scrappy friend!

well i am back home. i had a nice vacation but went by to fast. saturday we got up at 6 am and got dress and everything thing was pack in the truck and head to vegas to my husband aunt house. i got sick my headack was hurt me and when i got to my husband aunt i felt little better but then i just got really sick with the headack. Sunday i felt better and we head to my husband mom house in vegas. his mom bought something for my sister she was going to make my sister baby a blanket but i didn't know what colors the baby room was. so then my parents got to his mom house with there new dog and the little dog and we talk for awhile then we pack my stuff in there car and head to bull head arizona where my sister lives. we got to my sister place and i got to see my nephew he is a handsom boy has a tight hand grip. i got to hold him and feed him and i did change his dipara. took lots of pic of him. we didn't go out seen he still little and didn't want him get sick. so we spent the night and then monday chill around the house. had dinner and then after dinner we decied to leave to go back to caiflrona . so we say are good byes. oh my sister and mom love the albuma i made my nephew . so we head home to my parents house monday night. Tuesday we went into town my dad drove us ate at inn-out which i always have to have when i am in cailforna then went to jonnas to get some fabric to make some pellows for my familyroom which the fabric we pick was alright but not what we where look for then went to target to get a few things and then my dad pick us up. wednesdays we went down to see my grandam and then me and my mom and grandam went to home goods and my dad stay at my grandma house. then pick up some snadwhiches for lunch and came back to my grandma house and had lunch. then after that head back home. thursday my husband and dogs came to my parents house from vegas. Friday my brother girlfriend had her baby in the morning at 6 am so my mom was getting text from my brother about everything seen they wetn to the hosptial thrsday evening. so we went down to the hosptial to see the baby boy knox in new port. so we got there and got to see the baby he has lots of hair didn't cry much. took lots of pic of him. then we head back home and that was about a 4 hours drive with all the traffic .i am glad i got to see both of my nephew. saturday we head back to vegas to my husband aunt house and spent the night. sunday we head back home. monday we chill i had to go to the store and my husband mow the lawn. my garden doing good it grown good. well today i think i go to the gym later on. i need to get fowers to put in myflower pots outside.

hope everyone has a nice tuesday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to southern lady

I ran at the park this morning. It was so nice. 70 degrees, overcast and a breeze. Felt great. I am doing laundry and eating my lunch out on the patio before the rain comes later this afternoon. It is only 80 here today. We opened the doors and turned off the air for today.

Thinking of Donna and her family

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty

Good morning all! Jeannie said to say hi to all you lovely ladies... We had a great visit.. we only scrapped one day but that was enough for me to do two layouts... to her one... which of course is gorgeous!
I feel like we ate the whole time... good food though! Jeannie and Jon had a bar b que on Saturday... there were 17 of us! One was my cousin whom I haven't seen since I was 10! She's from VA, but now lives an hour north of my sister... it was soo good seeing her!

Danielle, sounds like you had a fun filled vacation. I'm glad you were able to see all of your family and the babies! Fun times do fly by fast!

Cathe, isn't that amazing? You're related? My DD, Kelly, and her BFF did the "23 and me" and discovered they're related somewhere along the line... it shows my niece (Jeannie's daughter) as her BFF's 4th cousin...

Anna, I'm sorry to hear about your job! and no benefits? Have you decided what you're going to do?

Cheryl, I'd so love to get rid of sugar... I have a major sweet tooth!..
You make me want to re-think my eating! 8 lbs! Congrats!

Terry, my sis colors alot... on her ipad... its an app called "Color Therapy"... I introduced her to it, and she got addicted to it.. just like i introduced her to scrapbooking years and years ago.. LOL

Ashley, I don't think I could work in a windowless room! I'd go crazy after one day!... I need to see the sun... or the clouds if it's rainy.. I hope you make it through..

Denise, how's your trip going so far? Were you able to avoid the storms? Sounds like a busy trip.

WTH?!?!? I just read some posts... Donna passed away? OMG! That is so so sad! She was too young! My heart hurts for her family. Was it recently? I was thinking of her the other day and missed her funny posts here.

I asked Michael, my boyfriend, what he'd like for his birthday... fishing.... so we're going fishing on Friday.... I hope he hooks the worms for me! LOL!

I'm getting used to everyday being a Saturday... I haven't started any of my projects that involve money yet.... first one is probably painting my scrap room... FINALLY... I went to Lowe's and brought home a pile of paint chips... decisions decisions... I'm so over the orange wall, orange closet doors and black trim and baseboard... Michael doesn't know it yet.... but i volunteered him to help...

You Got Me By Scrapkaty

Little Darlings By Scrapkaty

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

..... and one more.... I did this one about a month or so ago...

SMILE By Scrapkaty

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Scrapkaty

I played with the waterfront stamp set again. After supper, I am going to make myself work on layouts. I don't think the photo does this card justice. It is on watercolor paper so it looks different in the photo. I used wink of stella to make the water shimmer which I don't think shows up here either.

Father’s day card By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Thanks ladies!

Terry, when you were in a similar situation, is that when you retired? Don't forget you are up for June. Safe travels on to MN.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Here is a tag I made for a swap:

JN tag for Suzanne By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Katy - Glad you and Jeannie had fun with each other and family. Wonderful layouts. Yes, Donna passed away recently. I believe her funeral was today.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Now what? By Cdjohnson

I did a 2 page layout for a change. I linked them together

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! My sister and her dog were over here the whole three day weekend. Her husband went golfing with one of his friends so my sister stayed here with us. It was kind of annoying, to tell the truth, since they sleep in my room and it makes my room a mess and that somehow becomes my fault. Today I was in the third floor lab and it was pretty bad...I couldn't get one machine to pass QC and had to call service. I have to ask tomorrow if service ever came to fix it.

Cheryl- That's awesome! That's the kind of diet my dad needs to be on but he'd never do it.

Anna- When I work at 61st street, I'm in a lab with no windows and it drives me insane. It makes me feel boxed in and trapped and crazy.

Cathe- My mom wanted to see "Book Club" but my sister didn't want to so she wound up seeing "Solo" with me. It wasn't a very good movie to tell the truth LOL!

Terry- The weather's been super warm here...but I spend most of my time in a climate controlled lab LOL!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to DNA301

just dropping 1 off.

i like you a lattee. By YourScrapAttack

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to YourScrapAttack

Good morning!! I am having coffee and listening to the rain. Guess I will not run today. I will have to do something else. I need to clean up the kitchen AGAIN!! Eating healthy is great but you have to cook and mess up lots of dishes. Of course, I am trying to make several things I can reheat since I work the next 3 nights and don’t want to get up and cook after sleeping.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

Katy - Glad you and Jeannie had fun with each other and family.

well yesterday I went and bought some flowers to put in my flower pots. had go to Walmart to buy ink for my printer and we are start to go back with the dogs the joints pills for them. I call the groomer yesterday and don't have a open until june 20 seen they only have one groomer and the dogs need it. so I have to Waite and put me on the Waite list. well today have to go in to are big town to go to the bank to deposit money that my husband mom gave us seen we bought her something from are home depo card for her shower. my sister send me pic of my nephew. I miss him already wish we all live close.

hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!

Danielle- you sure had a whirl-wind trip! it's nice you got to see both boys.

Katy- It is always good to see you checking in............and you scrapped. YHEA!!
It was fun seeing Michael, you, Roni and Jeannie.
I didn't know you had lost a son. I'm sad for you.
Good luck choosing a color for you scrap room!! There are so many! LOL

Cheryl- love your tag, card and LOs.

Ashley- I thought the trailer to Solo looked cute.

Terry-safe travels today.

Anna- so sorry you are job hunting. How are you feeling otherwise?

It's rainy her today. I may hole-up in my scrap room again today.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Good morning ladies. We are in the most gorgeous camp site near Des Moines called Walnut Woods. And it is ..... all old walnut trees. We leave here tomorrow for MN.
I may put the new thread up a day early if no one minds since time with the DGK is foremost on my mind.

Anna... No ,with my situation I just needed up with no job for years. I was depressed about it and felt horrible that I didn’t have an income. Then some contracting work came and I retired after that but still with no benefits until I turned 65. SS thinks retirement age is now 66 and you don’t get full benefit ($$$$) until then.
Ashley...can’t your sister stay home if her hubby leaves? Weird..
Cathe... I found out yesterday we will only get to see the kids for 2 days since they are still in school and next week is finals week. So we may leave early and just tootle back home sightseeing.
Cheryl... you have great will power! Is Karol on this new diet with You?
Danielle...so glad you had a great time with your family. I’d love to have a newborn around!
Denise...Iowa is gorgeous! Such pristine farm land! I’d love to just go driving around today but hubby is having a “not doing anything day”
Katy.. so glad your trip to Jeannie’s was fun! Great Los too. Nice to see Michael and I’m sure he’d love to volunteer to paint!!!

I’m trying to find a specific Julie Nutting doll named Nina. She wears a bolero vest and high heels. Anyone know a sit that has her for sale?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Happy Birthday By Scrappin 2

Thank You By Scrappin 2

Edited by scrappin 2 on 05-30-18 08:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Hi Terry-- I don't have that doll.
I'll ask the Grans and see if anyone knows where you can get it.

Gee you were so closed to me...........well hundreds of miles but closer than you are back home. LOL
It's too bad the kids are still in school. bummer.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Terry - No he is not on the diet with me but he does eat whatever main dish I cook. He also has eaten some of my snacks. He isn’t convinced yet.

The rain stopped about 9 and sun came out so I still got to go for my run at the park. Made me happy!!!!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

here a pocket letter I did for a swap. I need to upload my pictures I took of the babies and do some layouts. now I have something to do. well it is rain here now. I miss my babies my sister keep send pic of him and I told her she need to come out here with him and let me have him for awhile.

Pocket letter By Southern Lady

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Was up in the main lab today and there was almost a riot. We're getting our yearly performance reviews but the new supervisor doesn't want them handed out until everyone hands in their continuing education credits. Thus far, only four people (one being me) have handed all 12 continuing education credits in. The lead techs were trying to convince the rest of the staff to get theirs handed in because our raises are dependent on our performance reviews and we'd all like our raises to kick in.

Cheryl- I don't know how you work three overnights in a row! I can't even imagine being functional after working overnight!

Cathe- We're not getting rain here but I have a sneaking suspicion it'll show up on Saturday. My friend and I are going to BookCon for the first time this Saturday...it's like ComicCon but for Books (he's not a huge reader but I am LOL).

Terry- Silly question but were there actual walnuts on the trees?

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to DNA301

hi all....getting ready to leave so im doing this quickly Heres the new thread.....
https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/235/...

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics