Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: May new layouts and cards        (Topic#1674199)
Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

I hope all of you mothers had a wonderful day yesterday.

Cathe, your rainy and cold weather is headed our way. We have had three beautiful days in the 80s with lots of sunshine. We are expecting rain all week.

Katy, I bet you have missed your sister! October was over six months ago!

Cheryl, how is Karol doing?

Terry, hope you are having a great trip so far!

Denise, enjoyed seeing your photos on FB!

Hello to everyone else here!

Edited by Anna C on 05-14-18 02:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning1

It's stormy.

I hope all you mom's had a nice day in one way or another.

I enjoyed my day. Actually being alone til about 2:00 was fine with me. After church I stopped to see my sister. She's in the perfect location as it is between church and the grocery store. I did my Sunday trip to the grocery store. Then came home, seared the Italian sausages on the grill and put them in the crock pot with Prego over them. I cut up strawberries and made a salad. ..............Wait!! I told the kids I didn't want to cook!!!! Oh well. I made a couple Mother's Day cards for Casey and Charity. Finished up an Anniversary card and then read. Kids came about 4:00. I rather enjoyed my day.

Cheryl- I kept one of the gift card holders that you sent me years ago. I used it as a template to make one. It was a little tricky because I didn't want to take it apart as a pattern, but it turned out. Do you have a pattern for it?

I plan on cleaning a bit today. but maybe I'll put it off. LOL

Have a nice day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good mornong. Heading put on a few for a run at the park before it gets too hot. 90s again today.

Anna - Karyol is doing ok and will get the stitches out Thursday.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

Thanks Anna for the wonderful Mother's Day wish. which i am not a mom it make my little said,

well yesterday it was rain here and it be nice then here comes rain and we got hail to. i talk to my mom Saturday to tell her that we come out. we going to stay with are aunt Saturday and then sunday is go to my husband parents house in vegas and then my parents are going to pick me up from there and we are going to head to Arizona to see my sister and stay with here 2 days then head back to cail and stay with my parents and then my husband will come down and stay and then we head back to vegas and stay with my aunt and then head back home.

cathe- i will ask my neighbor to come and water my garden .

hope everyone has a nice Monday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to southern lady

Hello, goid morning. Took Cooper to the back yard to play on his swing set while I watered the garden. It so humid, yuck.

Sadie had an doc band adjustment today. She will graduate out in 3 or 4 weeks. Yay

Cooper had a great birthday but was sad to see his cousins go home. He is just playing while Sadie is napping.

I need to do some things in the back yard before we go to Missouri this coming weekend. Its heavy lifting and I am putting it off.

Edited by rockmom on 05-14-18 09:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Emmett's First Haircut By Rockmom

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to rockmom

Muffins with Mom By Scrappin 2

Here is one I did for our challenge on Rockin' Scrappin' Grans
I need to add some journaling,
I'm so proud of myself for leaving all that empty space! LOL

Denise- Happy Birthday to Cooper. Cute Layout
Yay, Sadie is almost done with the heard gear, 3 or 4 weeks will go fast.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

Denise- be careful with that heavy lifting!! Can someone help you?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Mt Sister My Friend By Rockmom

Maybe Cathe, I might have come up with another solution. We shall see.

Someone got hubby's card number ad cleaned our checking almost empty. Our bank caught it and put a hold on the card. Hubby had to go sign papers to attest that he still had his card, he had to show them, and they will reinstate the money, it just takes time. YUCK.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

today By Rockmom

I have seemed to have gotten myself on a diagonal design kick. LOL you will see what I mean later. I've been meaning to get these uploaded but was just too busy. Sorry, if its too many don't feel like you have to comment, I really do just want to share.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

The photo is from 2011, I have scrapped them already for son and daughter in law but wanted the girls to have them in their albums too.

flower girl By Rockmom

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Hi ladies! Wild day here in MO with a flat tire on the trailer this morning and hellacious thunder lightening rain and hail storms this afternoon, one storm cell after another. The trailer sounds like a tin can with it all. I’d say no tailgating tonight!

I’ll chat later...time for supper

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

May Pocket Letter for Carri By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Today started out gray and foggy but it turned into a nice day when I left the lab. We're supposed to have bad thunderstorms tomorrow though...kinda not happy about that LOL! I don't really enjoy walking in the rain because my hair gets wet and stays wet for hours.

Cathe- Sounds like you had a great day, even if you had to cook!

Denise- Be safe with the heavy lifting!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Unforgettable By Cdjohnson

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Great layouts ladies!

Danielle, I am sorry my Mother’s Day post made you sad. I can relate to what you are dealing with as my daughter and her husband cannot have children.

Terry, sounds like you are having lots of excitement on your end. I hope today is calmer but full of fun!

Got some cards to share as soon as I can get the pics taken.

Have a good one!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Anna C

hello good morning

terry, sounds like you are having lots of excitement on your end.

well yesterday was a nice day. i did some yard work like put the gravel down by the garden beds and level it. i mow the back yard yesterday and water it. my corn is grown more and my husband said look like the potatoes are growing. well look like we might get some more rain here.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

Oh Terry, I told Rum about your storm. He said "Just like Devil's Lake". We get terrible storms every year when camping!!
Did you run over something to cause the flat?

Denise- I enjoyed all your new LOs.

I finished my book The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. I really liked it.

Danielle- glad the garden is growing.

Ashley- I imagine our rain is headed your way. sorry

Anna- It's nice to know that you are feeling well enough to make some cards.

We go get our camper/trailer today...........still don't know what to call it.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Cathe: The Last Resort, Seldom Inn, Roadside Manor, Happy Campers, This is Roughing It - if its a 5th wheel how about the 5th Element?, the Tardis, The Rummery, the Waltzing Matilda, The Rum Dinger - play on hum dinger, Plum Rum, Goldilocks (not too big, not too small, just right), the Moho for motor home( buts its also the boundary between Earth's crust and mantle -the mohorovicic discontinuity), Home2Go, Lulu because it has a loo or bathroom and you wanted a bathroom.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Thanks Cathe! I am feeling much better, not 100% yet, but so much better. I go back to work on June 5.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Hello just now checking in. I ran at the park, mowed the yard, went grocery shopping at 2 different stores, piddled around.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here is a loaded envelope I made for my swap partner, Darlene, here on sb.com

Loaded envelope for Darlene By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Jean pocket birthday card By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! We got hit with some crazy rain today after about 4PM...the sky turned black and it sort of looked like the end of days had come. It stopped for a bit and then picked up again while I was at dance class. At one point, almost all of us in the class were standing at the backdoor of the studio watching the lightning and thunder...I made a few Thor and Norse god jokes but, sadly, no one understood them.

Cathe- You name your trailers? That's so cool! I'd probably wind up giving it a super geeky name like the Millennium Falcon, or, like Denise suggested, the TARDIS.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Denise I love all your suggestions!!
Thanks --The Rum Dinger and Goldilocks are calling to me, but I'll have to run it past my "Rum Dinger".....LOL

Ashley- this is our 3rd camper. I didn't name the others, but I think this one needs a name.
Glad to hear you were inside when it rained and not walking home in it.

Cheryl- beautiful envelope!

I'd like to stay home and scrap but I need to run into town. Rum is out of his coffee creamer, we need milk. I need to get some potting soil and flowers to plant and a hanging basket. I saved the yellow plastic basket that flowers came in last year. I'm going to reuse it for the hook in the front yard. I also have a hook for a basket on the front porch that needs a plant.

I'm going to my SU demonstrator's house to make cards tonight. It starts at 6:30.

Have a great day. I hope to bbl

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Lol Cathe, I like those also. Have fun at SU.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

hello and good morning

we been get thunder storm here. today going be the same as yesterday. we was nice then it rain and thunder. well going to the gym later on. i start pack for are trip but doing it in the spare bedroom where the oldest dog doesn't see because she thinks we are leave here and she just get little weird.

Cheryl- beautiful envelope!

cathe- have fun at your card make class. yea i need some flower in my flower pot but i am going to Waite until i get back form are vacation

have a nice Wednesday

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Cathe, I look forward to seeing what you make at your SU card making party. I take it that you are still an SU dealer?

Edited by Anna C on 05-16-18 05:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

New camper By Scrappin 2

Here is our new camper. It looks longer in this photo.

Anna- yes, I am still a demonstrator. I hung in there for my last quarter. I need new customers. but I don't have a pool of people to draw from. I'm not techy enough to make a video like some SU demonstrators do.--which might generate customers. I'd like to hang on through Christmas. Oh well.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! Steve’s out helping the judges set up their tests so I’m here in the quiet. Thats good since I need the peace right now. Abby had a weird night and I think she either had another seizure of some sort. So I ended up with her wrapped in a blanket and snuggled on my chest to keep her calm.

Anna...work on June 5th? You were off for about 6wks then ? Hopefully you are feeling better every day!
Ashley...I imagine with hair your length it would take hours to dry!
Cathe...I have a suggestion for a name too....Rum Runner. Adorable layouts
Cheryl...wow there was gorgeous items in your envelope
Danielle...still headed to CA this weekend?
Denise...loved all your layouts!
Katy...glad you get to go see Jeannie soon! Have a great time!

That flat was caused by a 3 inch roofing nail that I think we ran over here at the fairgrounds somewhere. Thankfully we were parked and not on the road!
I’m going to go put together some cards and do some coloring!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

I had a dentist appointment this morning due to losing a front tooth Sunday. .I have to go back Monday, they will put me to sleep, extract what is left of the tooth, make a temporary bridge. 3 weeks after that I will go back for the permanent bridge. EXPENSIVE is an understatement! My dentist gave me a doctor’s excuse to be off until Wednesday 5/23

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Smitten By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Rained again here today but this time I got to walk home in it LOL! The thunder and lightening did stop which was good because the tram I take doesn't run if there's lightening (it runs on metal cables so it's basically one big lightening rod LOL). The weather seems to have calmed down for now, though, much to the delight of our outside cat. I knew cats hated water but she actually will sit at the window and cry if my mom doesn't dry off the areas where she walks.

Cathe- My mom is looking forward to getting the outside in order. We're just waiting on a piece of fence to be delivered. During one of the storms, part of our fence was blown halfway to Oz!

Terry- That must have been scary. My beagle, Murphy, has seizures (he has epilepsy) and they're always so scary for everyone.

Cheryl- Something similar to that happened to my dad and it cost him an arm, a leg, and a kidney to pay. Insurance wouldn't cover it because they claimed it was "cosmetic."

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Ashely - That is why I don't have dental insurance. It doesn't pay very well and then they tend to find reasons not to pay.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Future Player By Cdjohnson

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

well another storm with rain again today. well today going to my class at the gym today. need to start packing up for are trip. nothing much going on today going to clean some of the house today. i need to call my mom to find out if my brother girlfriend going to have her baby while i am down there she had a doctor apt Tuesday. that be cool if she had the baby when i was down there but we will see what happens .

terry- yes we are still take are vacation Saturday.

hope everyone has a nice Thursday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

Danielle- that would be wonderful is your brother's baby arrived in time for you to see him.

Terry- That's a really cute name---Rum runner. Maybe I should name it Cathe's coach? LOL It's probably more mine than his since I'm the one that pushed for AC and a bathroom.
Thank heavens the tire didn't go flat while you were on the open road!

Cheryl- so sorry you have this huge expense. Whenever I mention dental insurance he tells me that it's not worth it.
At least you don't have to go to work with your tooth missing...........maybe you'll get to do more crafting time. The LO of you great niece and nephew is pretty. It must be the influence of those pocket letters and envelopes. The one of Zeke, when he was so new is darling.

I think today I'd better plant the flowers I bought yesterday. Rum wants to pull the camper in the back yard since the ground has dried out.

Ashley- I remember your fence being blown to Oz..........Hope you get the nice days that we've had. I imagine they are coming your way.

Anna- it doesn't seem like six weeks have gone by since your surgery.

We made 3 really cool cards last night. I'll try to photograph and get them in here to show you.

Have a nice day everyone.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Danielle have a nice vacation. Hope the baby comes when you are there.

Terry, sorry for lil Abbey. Did the storm dent the trailer and Truck?

Ashley yall lost fence in the storm? Must have Ben a strong one.

Cathe, Cathe coach works.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Danielle - That would b3 so nice if the baby is born while you are there.

Ashley - Sorry about the fence.

Cathe - I like Cathe’s Coach!! Yes I plan to get some crafting done.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Sorry about your tooth Cheryl , it's a pet peeve that teeth and eyes aren't under general health care. Pffft, both are important to general health.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

I'm home now, but right now a lot of out patient tests... ugh. I'm feeling better every day. Life is getting better. I've just been resting a lot and haven't been on here very much. Miss ya'll. I'm getting real excited about my FL trip

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Kimberly Rae

Hi! Just got home a bit ago from the dance studio's final rehearsal before dress rehearsal Sunday (I mean the kids still have class Saturday but today was the last rehearsal for my classes)...it was a bit insane and a little crazy but I expected that. I'm sure Saturday will be worse as everyone tries to amp the kids up for getting on the stage.

Cheryl- My dad has dental insurance from the job he retired from. It's the only part of his insurance that seems to suck. The rest of it works pretty well for all his breathing equipment and medications.

Cathe- It was rainy here this morning but nice when I left the lab...kinda swampy and muggy but I'm alright with that LOL!

Denise- I'm not kidding...my mom and I were leaving for Girl Scouts and we went outside and the fence was just blown away. We just got a new piece to replace the broken one so our part of the yard will be fenced in again.

Kimberly- Glad to hear things are getting better for you!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to DNA301

Kimberly- Glad you are home. When do you leave for Florida?

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning and Happy Friday!

Terry and Cathe, I was planning to go back to work on May 29; however, my doctor is out of town on vacation the last two weeks of May. So he would not release me until he comes back to work on June 4.
I have an appointment on his first day back. When I return to work on June 5, I will have been off seven weeks. I ended up with an extra week off since the good doctor decided to go on vacation. I am enjoying being home and really wish I didn’t have to go back to work! I haven’t spent this much time at home since I was on maternity leave 30 years ago!

Danielle, I hope you have a wonderful trip to CA! Hope the baby comes while you are there. That would be awesome.

Katy, have you made it to Jeannie’s yet?

Cheryl, how did you lose a front tooth? Dental work is very expensive. We don’t have dental insurance either. And I agree with you, they tend not to pay very well. Your pocket letter is stunning!

Denise, I so agree with you! I do not understand why eyes and teeth are not part of general health insurance coverage. Both are so important.

Cathe, I love the name Cathe’s Coach!

Terry, how’s Abby doing?

Ashley, several neighbors around here have high privacy fences. They do provide plenty of privacy until the wind takes them out. They just can’t withstand all of the wind!

Kimberly, glad you are on the mend! Hope you have a great trip to FL!

Edited by Anna C on 05-18-18 07:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Anna - It was a tooth with a post on it that had been placed 20 years ago. Apparently it started decaying in the root but no way to tell it and it just came out.

I have Zeke and Zoey today from 10:30 to 5:30. Karyol also has an appointment with the urologist today. I am going to scrap this evening.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

Kimberly- Glad you are home

well today i think i am going to mow the lawn today before we head to Vegas tomorrow. i still have some packing to do. i need to go to my neighbor house and show what to do with water my garden. need to clean the kitchen today. i talk to my mom little yesterday and say she doesn't know when the baby will come so we are going to play it by ear and see what happens. it be nice if she had when i am in cail and get to see the baby for the first time. i can't wait to see my nephew and take lots of pic of him. well today might rain here again we will see. i might not be on here when i am on my vacation. i am taken my iPad with me.

hope everyone has a nice Friday.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Hiya!

Kimberly, Happy you are home, have a safe trip to Fl.

Cooper is 4 today. Sweet boy gets a bunch if shits. Not fun. His momma yook the day off to play with him after the Dr visit. That will be fun for him.

Leave for Missouri tomorrow. Should be home.the 30.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

good morning!!

Kim- I had been thinking of you. Rest up so you can go to Florida.

Anna- ya, one can get used to staying home very quickly. It's nice you'll have that extra week. It might make all the difference in how you feel.

Danielle- have a great time on your trip. I'm hoping the baby decides to show himself.

Ashley- have a fun time at dance tonight.

Cheryl- how was the movie?

We ended up going out to some friends house and out to dinner with them. Karen and I roomed together for a semester in college. She's from RKFd. She and Rum went to high school together. We're a lot alike and had a great time catching up about our families. Her husband, Rick, is into his genealogy. It invigorated me and I couldn't go to sleep thinking about my family history. I so want to start digging again.

I plan on going to Home Depot -again. I didn't buy enough flowers.

I have enough things to do that should keep me busy for months. LOL So I'd better get off my duff and get busy.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 05-18-18 05:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

My sister and I saw Bookclub last night and it was hilarious!!! Grandkids have gone home. I think I will scrap.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Can't sleep so I am taking in the royal wedding. George Clooney is looking as handsome as ever. And David Beckham looks pretty good too. Haven't seen anyone else that I know! LOL.

Have a great day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Anna- guess your brain didn't want you to miss the wedding.
Pretty nice 'eye candy' you spotted. LOL
I woke up at 6:30 but I promptly went back to sleep.
I imagine I'll see the highlights somewhere along the line.

Cheryl- glad you liked the movie. I definitely want to see it. It's nice to hear that you thought it funny. Sometimes when they put so many stars in the same movie it fizzles.

It's rainy here today.

I'll be meeting up with my friend Carole for awhile.

Have a nice day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I have been working in my flower beds after my run at the park. They are all cleaned out. Now to decide what exactly I want to do. I will scrap this evening. Sunny and hot here 85.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Made it to Missouri.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - Glad you made it!! I saw some beautiful photos on Facebook of your drive.

I have been cleaning my scrap room so I can do some creating tomorrow.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Denise- Nice to hear you made it to Mo. safe and sound.

It's cold and damp here this morning. I don't know if Donald is going to golf.

Today is Nev's graduation. Her party isn't until June 16th. --which is good since the weather today is icky. I bet there are a lot of parties today though.

Ashley- how was dance? The recital was last night wasn't it?

Cheryl- hope you get to scrap today.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning.

Thanks Cheryl. I choose to drive the mountains of SE Oklahoma and western Arkansas rather than drive the easier route on the interstate, there us always so much construction and then there is the traffic through Dallas. Much prettier drive the other way.

It stormed here during the night. It barely registered with me I was so tired. I've gotten a cold or sinus infection again it's wearing me out not to mention laundry, packing, loading the car, driving for 10 hours then unloading. Hope to be able to rest some this week.

How did the recital go Ashley?

Cathe, when are you taking Cathe's Coach out?

Terry, how's it going in Missouri -Or have you left for Minnesota?

What flowers did you choose Cheryl?

I heard a woman ranting about guns after the shooting in Texas last night in the restaurant we had dinner at. I get the outrage of tragedy but the gun is just a tool. It's evil in the heart of the shooter that did the killing. He could have used a bomb, knife, baseball bat, car, or any other tool. Evil in the heart/soul is epidemic. My 2 cents...

Got to go find some breakfast. TTYL have a great Sunday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Hi ladies! We had the first day of the event today. Started off by having a lightning, 5hunder, and deluge of rain which shut down the testing for 4hrs. In 5he meantime we had to pull out 6 stuck cars from the muddy field. Test starts at noon and a half hour into it the Vice President of the AKC Perfomance dept falls over with a massive heart attack! There were people running dogs that were surgeon, an anesthesiologist, surgical nurse and an intensive care nurse. They saved his life! He was dead at one point and after 10 min he had his eyes open. What a miracle! Then tonight the storms are back!

Anna..eye candy for sure! Enjoy your extra week off
Ashley..hope the dance went well
Cathe..I love Cathe’s Coach! Enjoy graduation
Cheryl...how is Karyols foot doing?
Denise...enjoy MO! It really is a beautiful place but Lordy the storms are atrocious! I wholeheartedly agreed about the guns only being a tool and the lunatic needs to be blamed!

Off to bed for 5am comes quickly,,,,

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Cathe - I just finished a card for my mom's birthday on Wednesday.

Denise - I bought a Cannon Lily and a Foxglove. The cannon Lily is a reddish color and the Foxglove is purple.

Terry - WOW good thing all those people were there to help him. Karyol's foot is doing good. The stitches are out and we go back Friday for another check up.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Party Girl By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! We had dress rehearsal at the dance studio...it was kind of a disaster. There was this one girl in a younger classes that's dancing with my classes who was a disaster on wheels. She made many, many, many, many, many mistakes in every dance she was in. A lot of them, I think, were done on purpose to get attention from the instructors in the coming weeks. I'd feel bad for her but I'm the one who has to correct all the mistakes she made in pointe dance.

Anna- The fence got put up at some point today so now my mom wants to start putting up the summer stuff in the yard since we can lock the area up now.

Cheryl- My mom and sister want to see "Bookclub"...my friend and I saw "Deadpool 2" last night. There were a ton of kids at the movie and this was one super hero movie that IS NOT ment for kids!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Happy Monday!

Denise, glad you made it safe and sound to MO. Loved the photos you shared on FB. You had a beautiful view on that long drive.

Ashley, glad the fence is up. Hope that little girl has a better performance on "show day!"

Terry, wow! This trip is just for of all kinds of excitement. I am glad that the heart attack victim is doing better.

Cathe, Nev looked very happy in the graduation photo you posted. Congrats to her!

The rain is falling and the grass is growing! Pretty soon we are going to have mow and bale it!

Edited by Anna C on 05-21-18 04:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

good morning!

Terry- Wow, too much excitement at the dog show with storms and the poor guy having a heart attack. Thank heavens there were medical people right there!

Denise- Hope you are feeling better today.
I really enjoyed the scenery along your drive. Thanks for sharing.

Ashley- It's nice the fence is repaired and your mom can set up her things.
I don't know why parents take kids to movies without checking them out first.

Cheryl-Tell your Mom Happy Birthday !
The cannon lily is so beautiful!

Graduation was very nice. With only 102 kids the handing out of the diplomas didn't take long. We went to Doug and Charity's house afterward for pizza. Nev's party is in June. I'll put some photos in my private album.

It's raining but supposed to quit about noon.

We don't have any camping plans yet.

Have a nice day everyone!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

I put three pictures in my private gallery.
Code word is paper.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hi! Planned on staying inside and cleaning my room but I wound up going out with my mom and sister instead. My sister wants to get into jewelry making...she's been down this road before though and she lost interest pretty quickly so I guess we'll see how this goes. I just went along for the ride LOL! Tomorrow I start four days in the windowless lab...that should be heaps of fun.

Anna- This girl has been nothing but problems for all of us all year. If she makes it to the show without someone breaking her legs first, she should be much better. She'll think she has the audience to impress.

Cathe- Sounds like a nice sized graduation ceremony. I remember my high school ceremony being entirely too long...granted I didn't even want to attend the ceremony because I would have rather gone to ballet classes LOL!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good Morning!!

Danielle--if you check in---your nephew is darling.

Ashley- Hope you can get through the next four days in the windowless lab.

Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Denise and Terry are away--hope they are having a good time.
Did you all see Denise's scary story involving dogs on fb
Is there anyone who doesn't do fb?

Have a good day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good afternoon!!! Yesterday I literally slep all day after having dental surgery. I don’t know what he uses for sedation but it works great!! I really don’t remember too much about yesterday including our conversation last night Cathe. Hope I was making sense!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

You are the reason I smile By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Play, silly, enjoy By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Day one in the windowless lab down...three more to go. The more I get sent to that lab, the less I like it there. Now they cut lunch to a half-hour (instead of an hour), we get no morning break, and the hours are 8AM-5PM. We're getting OT pay for the extra hour of work and for the shortened lunch but this whole thing seems just a little illegal or against like some kind of health thing. I do know, a lot of people want to drop out of rotating through this lab because of these changes.

Cheryl- Hope your feeling better after your dental surgery!

Cathe- I saw her story...my mom is terrified of almost all dogs for that same reason.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Hi all....the weather has settled down, no excitement or accidents, and the dogs are doing these incredible tests! So all is going great right now. I’ve been cranky but I’m not used to being around so many people all at one time so I really want some peace and quiet! I’m staying home tomorrow and coloring!

Fanastic work Cheryl! Hope your recuperating from the dental work! Glad to hear Karol is doing great!
Your photos on fb are great Denise! Glad those dogs left you alone today!
Sounds like you have your hands full Ashley! Hope you can contain this little girls antics!
Hope all is well Anna! This grass here is growing inches every day!

Bedtime!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Good morning!!

I'm babysitting today. School is over for Casey's kids. She has a teacher's work day and then a luncheon.
I think it is going to be nice out, so we can go to a park or play outside.

Rayn's promotion last night was so different than Nev's. Of course Rayn's was from 8th grade so there weren't gowns or choir or band.
Plus there were 300 kids!! It took 15 min to read the names and have them walk up and get a fake certificate.

Nice LOs Cheryl.

Better get going.
Have a nice day

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

I've read y'alls posts and keeping up. No time to comment directly. We have hair cut appts at noon so I have 2 hours yo get flowers ready to go to Joplin because we are doing that after haircuts. I also need to eat, not done that yet either. Yikes, later everyone.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Good morning!! Sounds like everyone is busy. I have errands to run. Be back later

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Busy day for everyone!

Kid sitting went well.
I took them to the arcade/mini-golf. Gee you sure can drop money quickly at those places. LOL

I can't make what I had planned for supper cuz I don't have a brown gravy mix. I took out individually wrapped chicken. Not sure what I'll do with it.

I have no plans for tomorrow. YHEA!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I have most of the day to myself tomorrow and then Zoey and Zeke will be here from 4:30 to after midnight. I got a water table for her to play with outside, a small riding toy that I hope is not too small for her and a little wagon to pull around. We have plenty of shade trees.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Survived day 2 of my rotation through the windowless lab. It's so weird because it was kind of gray when I left for work this morning but it was super nice when I left the lab and, since there are no windows, I didn't even notice. That did explain, though, why the air conditioners in the lab were on full blast for most of the day LOL!

Terry- I get grouchy when I'm forced to be around people for long periods. The next day, I'm usually found hiding someplace away from people.

Cathe- My friend and I like to go to this arcade in Manhattan called Dave and Busters' but you can go through money rather quickly there.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Happy Thursday!

We are finally getting a break from the rain and clouds. So I am taking advantage of it and getting my flowers planted outside.

Cathe, great photos of Nev’s graduation. She certainly looks like her Dad.

Danielle, such sweet photos of your nephew on FB. I know you are enjoying your time with him.

Denise, what a scary situation with those dogs. Sounds like your trip to MO is very busy. Hope you find time for some fun!

Cheryl, glad your surgery went well.

Ashley, sounds like your job has lots of changes going on. I would hate to work in an office without windows.

Terry, hope you got a day to yourself and got lots of coloring done.

My boss called me Monday and he’s making lots of changes and changing companies. He has asked me to join him but I will not have any benefits. I am upset and concerned about all of this.

Have a great day ladies!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

Oh Anna-no benefits??? no medical?? oh Geeze!!
I hope he will rethink his changes!!
Hope you get your flowers planted.
Yes, Nev looks a lot like her Dad. Van looks more of a mix of his parents. Genes are a funny thing.

Denise- so nice that you are visiting all the relatives grave sites.

Ashley- glad you have those two days behind you.

Cheryl- those little water tables are so much fun. Oakley had one.

I had trouble going to sleep last night. Therefore I slept til 9:00. I really hate doing that.

Have a nice day.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Anna, that is not good, having no insurance is the pits. May be he will help with that.

Cathe, being the family genealogists, it kind if goes hand and hand with Memorial Day. I got an overwhelming desire to put a single flower on every empty grave. Not possible but it's sad to see forgotten graves. I urge y'all to put flowers on your ancestors graves and teach your younger generations to do it too.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - My mom and dad have that job as of right now. In the future, I am sure it will be come my responsibility. I will keep up the tradition.

I have been busy. Ran at the park, went to Academy Sports for new running shoes and they didn't have my size in the store so I had to order them but they have free shipping, stopped by HL for a water brush and water color paper to play with a stamp set from SU, looked 3 different places for azalea bushes and finally found what I wanted. Too hot to try and dig and plant today. Zoey and Zeke will be here from 4:30 to after midnight. I think we are going to play out in the shade for a while then eat, take baths, read stories and then to bed.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

It's hot here! 89* --sure not used to that temp!!

Cheryl- glad you found your bushes. What color did you end up getting?

Denise- nice of you to put flowers on the graves.

I went to WM and thought I could get everything on my list. They were out of watering cans! It was warm at the check out counters. I got pretty hot. Where was one of those refrigerator things that have pop in them when you want one?

back to scrapping

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

I have some sad news. Donna has passed away. Please check out her FB page.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Anna- Cheryl just texted me!! She saw it on FB.

I can hardly believe it!!
She certainly wasn't very old.
She loved life and her sons so much, it showed in all her photos on FB.
I feel so sad for her and her family and friends.
I wonder what happened?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

I just saw the news that Donna had a heart attack. So sad. I'm in disbelief. I thought it was some game or joke at first. Shaking my head.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Thanks for letting us know what happened Denise. I didn't know what happened to her. I will certainly miss her amusing posts on FB. She and I often talked on private messenger too. I was thinking the other day that she hadn't checked in here in a while.

Rest in peace, Donna, our sweet and funny scrappy friend!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

I'm still whirling from the news about Donna.
Anna- I didn't think to pm her on messenger. I didn't know you still heard from her. I only did if she stopped in here.

We are getting the heat today and through the weekend. We have no plans.

Today in the newspaper there was a nice insert about the Rockford Peaches. They've fixed up the park they played in and are celebrating 75 years of their origin. Did you all see the movie A League of their Own? The gal who was bat girl still lives here and another gal who got hurt in training and went on to play for Kalamazoo. Interesting history. Rum thinks he went to a game when he was pretty little.

I have some more annuals to plant. I should get out there while it is still bearable. But I'm in no hurry.

Have a nice day everyone!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning ladies! I’m here in the trailer on the last day of testing since it’s pouring rain, thundering etc. all the handlers are sitting in cars at the test site waiting!
I am so shocked and terribly saddened over Donna’s passing! Her humor and loving heart will be missed by everyone. I suspected heart attack which is sad in someone so young! RIP Donna....

Anna...that is so terrible thAt your boss is changing companies! No insurance or benefits.....that is awful! What happens if you don’t go with him?
Ashley...I’ve worked in lots of places with no windows. Management thinks it is more productive that way
Cathe....so the middle schools call it “promotion”? I did see the movie and knew it was a pretty much historical thing. How wonderful these women were!
Cheryl..did you get your bush planted? How’s your mouth feeling?
Danielle...your nephew is precious!
Denise...I saw all your photos of the graves. I didn’t know there were special military bouquets. Are you getting the storms in Joplin? I see they come in from From the west or southwest.

Probably should go get dressed before I start coloring again! I’m doing a wide eyed baseball girl for Emma and in her teams colors with her number on the sleeve. FUN!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Memorial day started out as decoration day for civil war fallen. So people started remembering all dead. I like to do a flag and red white and blue flowers for the ones that served in any way.

We have been getting pop up afternoon storms all week. Today we are headed north to Peru, Iowa. I want to see the area where family came to Missouri from and decorate their graves. I saw the huge storms on the radar this morning. We passed a lot of flooded creeks.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Hello. Another busy day. Still I am in shock over the news of Donna.

Cathe - I got 2 pink azaleas.

Terry - No, I didn’t get them planted too hot by the time I got home. Today it is storming so maybe tomorrow.

Anna - I would be very upset about no insurance.

Zoey had so much fun playing outside yesterday. She is going to be sad we can’t play out today.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Very much in shock over hearing about Donna. Heart attacks are terrible things and heart disease in women is mostly ignored which makes it all the sadder.

Anna- No Benefits? That's not good! My dad would flip if a job offered no benefits!

Denise- My parents always took my sister and I to put flowers on graves at the cemetary. It was only when I got older than I learned a lot of people don't do that.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

It's going to be a hot one again today. Oh well, better than cold and snow. LOL

Today, I'm going with my friend and her DD to see the movie The Book Club.

I scrapped all day yesterday. It was fun, yet I didn't get all the Graduation layouts done that I wanted to. I used one of those sectioned off page protectors for some of the photos. So that took care of 10. I need the prayer Nev said at Baccalaureate.
I want to do that page for her.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

JCI quickly! Mel PMd me foe Donnas address so I thought I’d post it here for anyone who might want it. her hubbys name is Pat
13711 Gentle Woods Ave, Riverview, FL. 33569

Bbl...

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - Thanks. I would like to send a card.

I have been to the park to run as usual. Home enjoying coffee and checking the threads. Today and today and tomorrow I will be meal prepping for the week. Slowly over the last month, I have been changing my eating to more natural foods, less carbs and healthy fats and getting rid of junk and sugar in my body. I have lost 8 pounds.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Prom 2018 By Scrappin 2

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Graduation By Scrappin 2

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun By Scrappin 2

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Thanks Terry, I'll send a card.

Cheryl- I admire you so much.
Maybe you should publish a cookbook.
It's so hard to retrain the brain to eat differently.
I've added fish to our diet, but can't seem to get away from the carbs and sugars. I like vegetables but not enough to just have a fish or meat and vegetables.

I'm so disgusted with my computer. Something changed and I can no longer upload my photos as I used to.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

Cathe, send some of your sunshine and heat this way. We are getting nothing but rain and clouds. We had lots of flooding here yesterday. Pretty extensive in some areas too. How was your movie? It does sound like a funny movie, but Jane Fonda…………

Terry, if I don’t go with my boss, I have no job. Thanks for sharing Donna’s address. I plan to get a card out to her husband and boys soon. Working with no windows is very depressing. I loved the big windows in my little office.

Cheryl, how is your mouth doing? I imagine it has been pretty sore. What is your trick to giving up sugary products? That’s my weakness. My Dad and sister both just found out that they are diabetics. Mom and my brother are already diabetics. So I am the only one not a diabetic and I want to keep it that way.

Danielle, loved the photos of your nephews. So glad the newest one was born while you were there.

Denise, I’m glad your run in with the dogs the second time wasn’t as scary as the first time. Different place, different dogs but a better outcome! I am not a cemetary visitor.

Ashley, are you getting all of this rain up your way?

My boss has me between a rock and hard spot. I am afraid if I don’t go with him that I won’t be able to find a job around here any time soon. So I am going with him, praying that I can put on my happy face, go thru the new operational training, do a good job, and just wait it out until I can find something else. He has no benefits either (at least that is what he tells me) but he gets a much higher payout on his sales. So from the way I see it, it is all about greed. I am upset that he would do this and leave me with no benefits. I guess I know where I really stand with him after almost 20 years. It has been quite upsetting.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend. Nothing special planned here because of the rainy weather. Laters!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!!

Anna- sorry it's rainy down by you.
It would be hard to understand why your boss is doing this change---Especially if it leaves him without insurance.
Yhea, I'm not a Jane Fonda fan due to what she did during the Viet Nam war. ---but I wanted to see the movie. Maybe they could have gotten Goldie Hawn to play that part instead of Jane.

I'm waiting to go to Mass. Then I need to kill time to go feed Sonny's fish. I don't want to come home and then go back out.
My sister is not home or I could stop and shoot the breeze with her. We were invited to their lake home, but you know who didn't want to go. It's about an hour and a half away, maybe a bit further.

Denise- I can't believe your bad luck with dogs!! At least you were prepared and they weren't mean.

Danielle- glad you got to see the babies.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Checking in.

Anna I can't believe your boss is so greedy. Irritating.

Cheryl. I've been trying to cut some sugar and carbs too. It's hard.

Danielle, happy you saw both babies!

Cathe love the new Los. You have to be proud of your DGD.

Thanks Terry, I will send a card. I can't get over it.

Ashley, how ya doin?

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics