Username Post: Silhouette Question        (Topic#1674321)
momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie

I just purchased a silhouette Cameo 3. I have played with it a bit, but would love any suggestions.

It come with the basic software. Is it worth purchasing the upgrades and if so which one do you recommend? Monthly package?

Thank you!

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to momtokatie

I have the basic program with the monthly subscription. The reason for this is that I already invested in SCAL before I bought the Silhouette.

So, I ended up with two programs. Personally, I think SCAL4 is much easier to navigate and learn. But that's just me. But I do use both programs for different reasons.

ppilgrim
Idol
ppilgrim
In response to Vivian Lake

What do you want to do with your Silhouette? You don't need upgrades if you just want to purchase shapes and cut them.

If you're not sure that you're going to be using the design features to make your own files, etc. you might want to do an on-line Silhouette class to get an idea of what it can do.

There are many excellent Silhouette software instructors on-line: Kerri Bradford is my personal favourite.

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake
In response to ppilgrim

Silhouette using SCAL4:

Beach Babes By Vivian Lake

Silhouette using the basic software and purchasing from store:

Christmas By Vivian Lake

Silhouette using SCAL4 and paper piecing project purchased from designer:

Santa Treat Box By Vivian Lake

mindygail
Pro
mindygail
In response to Vivian Lake

I have a silhouette cameo and :
A. Cannot find software disc
B. Left side won't clamp and so paper goes all over the place when attempting a cut !!/
( pisses me off )!!!!! Where can I get it fixed plus my laptop got stolen so even if fixed can't use it ! ******** the bad luck!!

Zyva51 
Tenant
In response to mindygail

I had the same problem . I chatted online with Silhouette America to get the solution. They were very helpful. So hopefully I can explain it to you. You have those rollers in the front. There are 4 of them Two have a black wire around them. Then there are two plain ones. Look at the plain one on the right. It needs to be in the grove that is on the bar and if you look closely it has a picture that shows it locked or unlocked. You need to put it in the grove on the bar and turn it so that it is locked. That solved my problem. Hope this helps.

Zyva51 
Tenant
In response to Zyva51

This works the same way for the one on the left.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics