Username Post: Skin Tone Cardstock        (Topic#1674335)
New Kid On the Block

Hi All! I'm headed on a Disney Cruise at the end of June and I'm making door magnets for my stateroom door. I have been to every craft store in my area, and on as many sites as I can think of, but I'm unable to find any skin toned cardstock. Back in the day, I used Bazzill - (apricot, just peachy, adobe, etc.). I can't find anything like that anywhere. I just purchased "Prima - Julie Nutting - Mixed Media Doll - Skin Tone A4 Paper Pad - Buff" from this site because I didn't realize there were words all over the papers.

The decorations that I'm creating are 12 - 24" tall, so coloring with markers or pencils really isn't a great option. Most of my paper is Bazzill, so the textured cardstock would be my first choice, but at this point, I can't be too picky. I tried the manilla folders, but they seem too light - especially for Lilo, Tiana, and Jasmine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I appreciate your help!

Wendy

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to LuschMommy

I did a search of some of my favorite Bazzill colors and a LOT are discontinued. I found two that might work for skin tones.

New Kid On the Block
In response to cindy312

Thank you, Cindy! I’ll have to give those a try.

I can’t believe it’s so hard to find those colors now! Where’s the love for the paper piecing people?!?

Vivian Lake
Diva
Vivian Lake

I have always reached for AC papers for my skin tones. They do come textured. Their neutral pack may be what you are wanting.

Dawna.s Place
Governor
Dawna.s Place
In response to Vivian Lake

For lighter toned, here's a Bazzill Basics in textured Quicksand:
Or Pale Rose: Bazzill Basics - 12 x 12 Heavyweight Cardstock - Card Shoppe - Pale Rose
Or light/med MME neutrals: My Colors Cardstock - My Minds Eye - 12 x 12 Classic Cardstock Pack - Smooth Finish - Neutral

For mid tones I also like the textured Almond Cream: https://www.scrapbook.com/store/bb-t8-815.html
Or the MME smooth neutrals package: My Colors Cardstock - My Minds Eye - 12 x 12 Classic Cardstock Pack - Smooth Finish - Neutral

For darker tones I like the textured Bazzill Basics Cinnamon Stick:

Or one darker tone from the other neutral package.

Good luck with your project!

Edited by Dawna.s Place on 05-28-18 11:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Dawna.s Place

Thank you for your advice! I tried to make some Disney Princesses with paper that I had. . . It didn’t go well.

I’ll try again when my order arrives next week!

don1
don1 
Expert
don1
  • don1 on 05-31-18 01:14 PM

What if your Disney Princess gets a sunburn? Your paper will be the wrong color.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics