Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: June's New Layouts and Cards        (Topic#1674373)
rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to DNA301

Morning.

Ashley, glad the show went well. Now you have time to yourself.

I'd love to see all the Natl. Parks too. I've already been to many. The chance of that happening for me is very slim.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

hello and good morning

I'd love to see all the Natl. Parks too. I've already been to many.

well today nice day here but little windy today. well nothing much go to the gym later on. I did clean little bit of my spare closet yesterday little bit stuff I didn't want any more. I mail out my father day card for my dad yesterday. work out yesterday with my husband after he tell me work out.

hope everyone has a nice thrusday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to southern lady

Ashley - Keto is a whole new way of eating. It is low carb, moderate protein and high fat. No grains, white flours, limited fruits. It is not easy at first but gets easier the longer I do it.

Off to work then off for 3

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning! It's storming here. Morning storms are weird, yet strangely comforting. I bet my poor granddog is a mess though.

Terry- Oh your poor friend!! It's tough knowing what to do or say. Send cards? There's some nice sayings in that SU catalog to "lift". Is that plagiarism? Change a word and then it's not?

Does dry camping mean you can't use your bathroom?

Denise- thanks for telling me about the heart die cut from Silhouette. I'm going to look it up.

Cheryl- glad you're off the next 3 nights.

Have a nice day everyone.

Ashley- Glad to hear the dances went off without a hitch. Did the little girls learn their dance?

Danielle- did you photograph the card you made for your dad?

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to scrappin 2

hello and good morning

well today little cloudy we going to get rain here not today I think. well yesterday I mow the lawn. going to the gym today. need to clean the kitchen today. I talk to my friend he come out here in July 21- 24 not that long. I told him he should stay longer but he book the flight he was try to find a cheap flight. we have a lot of place to go . he want to go back to the city of rocks we maybe go to a water park we will see. my parents would love to come out here when he out here seen they haven't seen him in a while. so when I facetime them tomorrow I have to tell them and see when they be out here. it would be a full house here but we can do it. I know my parents are going to bring the dogs with them which is fine. well tomorrow we are going into town to Costco seen I need to go there.

cathe- no I didn't take a pic of my dad card. I just use a card I made that had a guy on a mower that I made to a b-day card but I took the b-day out of it and made it a father's day card. I sent it out yesterday.

hope everyone has a nice friday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Happy Friday!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

It has been a busy day. I will chat tomorrow.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Tonight we're having a camp-in at Girl Scouts but I had to leave early because I have to work this weekend. I'm not sure who was having more fun...one of the girls in my Daisy troop that told everyone that today was her "best day ever" or one of our older girls...the last time we had a camp-in, she was a Daisy and her mom told her she was too young to stay and that she could stay the next year when she was a Brownie. Well, turned out that "next year" was this year (she's a Cadette, going to High School in the fall) and she was so excited to finally camp-in.

Cheryl- Enjoy your days off!

Cathe- The little girls did learn their dance! They forgot a big part of it but that was fine...I was in the wings and started doing steps for them to follow LOL!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to DNA301

Here I am in the middle of nowhere again and of course at a dog trial!
Anna..this will crack you up. I had a dream last night that I stumbled into Tazwell and went into every store or business on Main st looking for you. No one could tell me where to find you. Turns out you moved!
Ashley... are you missing dance classes?
Cathe.. dry camping is no electric or water. So you fill the trailers water tank at home and hopefully don’t run out. Limited showers for sure. Then use generators to run coffee machines or microwaves or air conditioners. Not a fan of camping this way!
Cheryl...I understand lower carbs but not the higher fat part. What kind of Fat?
Danielle.. how fun to have both parties visit at the same time!
Denise...one of our dog judges here this weekend is from the Houston area and I think he’s freezing judging from the amt of coats he’s wearing!

Had 2glasses of Fireball tonight and missed the 2nd step into the trailer, fell backwards onto the hard ground where I hit my head which gave me a headache, and I think sleeping it off sounds like a great idea now ...night

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Terry--- I couldn't find a appropriate icon for you. Ouch.
No more fireballs for you young lady!! LOL
Sure glad you weren't seriously hurt.
That's what I thought dry camping was all about, but wasn't sure.
Funny dream you had about Tazewell and Anna.

It is going to be a scorcher here today.
I think there will be many people inside the house at Nev's party.
My sil, Rose had a big tent that they tried to put up, but the poles weren't staying together. After an hour of working on it, they ditched the plan. To rent one was going to cost a lot of money.
Last night I went out to help decorate. It looks really cute with the fiesta theme.

Danielle- Having everyone at the same time sounds like fun. Would you feel like you and your friend should stay home then to be with your parents?

Ashley- It's nice that girl got to finally go to a camp in. Hope the camp in went well. Where is it held?
When you say 'camp in' I think of that scene in Troupe Beverly Hills where they go to the plush hotel. I love that movie.

Have a good day everyone.
That's probably enough for the counselors!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Terry, no more hurting yourself! I bet the judge is cold, it's HOT here.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Terry - Good fats from avocados, oils that you cook with, etc. the point is your fat should be higher than your protein. We are not talking extremes.

HOT here with heat index of 105 today. Ate at Cracker Barrel with family for Father’s Day with my grandfather who will be 96 in August.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning ladies!

I hope everyone is well. Working long hours at work right now to assist with the transition of our clients to the new company. Not real happy with current work situation, but it is what it is for the time being. I withdrew from the bank interview after finding out that the job is not local and for me it would be an hour drive one way to the location plus a pay cut. So I decided not to interview. Never heard from the other bank but I really didn't expect to either. So I will keep looking.

Terry, I wish you would show up in Tazewell! That would be so awesome! No move in our future, but we do talk about it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I won't be around much this week again this week.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

Happy Father's Day to our Hubbies and sons.

Anna- Sorry the job outlooks aren't working out.
Hopefully something will turn up.

Cheryl- Glad your Grandpa is in good health and can get out and about.

Nev's graduation party was fun.food was delicious. It was so hot though I had to stay in the house. Nev looked so cute. I'll have to post a photo later in my private gallery.

I'll have Casey's kids overnight as she has a class tomorrow in another town. I would have to go out to their house very early so it is better if they stay here. She has to go again on Tues. and I haven't heard my part for Tuesday. --other than I am kid sitting.

Have a wonderful day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Busy but fun day going on here.

Anna - Sorry you have to keep looking and are unhappy about work right now.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Back home and this time to stay! We left early because of the 4 hr drive and I'm glad we did. Yep, I left the Fireball in the cupboard for the rest of the weekend!!! Of course hubby went and told just about everyone----man cannot keep a secret!

Anna: I can well imagine just how busy you are! Do you have to convert all the clients' portfolios to the new company? I promised if I ever get to Tazwell, I will definitely go door to door to find you!!!
Ashley: how is your Father's Day going?
Cathe: so glad to hear Nev's party was a success! I wasn't really drunk--a little tipsy--but a lot unbalanced with no hands to grab the hand rail!
Cheryl: I only asked because it fascinates me the way different diets work. My BFF lost 95 lbs on the Monarch diet which is no carbs, no fats, high good proteins and fresh veggies (salads!). And little little meals 7-8 times a day. Then the Atkins diet with no carbs at all. My niece is doing the Paleo thing and the list goes on!
Danielle: I forgot--when is your friend visiting? We got to see some CA friends this weekend and both families are packing up and moving to Eagle ID.
Denise: I'm sure Rex will be glad to get back home tomorrow!! I couldn't even get him to have a Starbucks style coffee---"just black and hot"! He's such a good guy (for a lawyer!!!!) tehehe....

Hope all the hubbies & sons have a good Father's Day!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Abby0317

Hi! Had to work this weekend...it was pretty busy on Saturday but it was so not busy today. It was a good thing there were no supervisors in today because two of the techs were watching soccer on their computers...one of them was really into the game and was yelling at his screen! Then a bunch of us, myself included, started playing Pokémon Go in the lab...it was a very strange day LOL!

Terry- It hasn't quite sunken in that dance is finished because I still have Scouts and we dance a lot there.

Cathe- We held our Camp-In in the lower rectory of a church. It's definetly NOT like that scene in Troop Beverly Hills but the kids had fun LOL!

Anna- I'm sorry to hear about the job situation. That's awful!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning

I have Casey and Sonny's kids here. They spent the night. They are still sleeping. I hope they sleep awhile. I don't know what we'll do all day. It's going to be hot, looks like rain.

Yesterday was Oakley's birthday celebration. Father's Day kind of got swept under the rug. Lol neither Rum nor I have father's living.

Cheryl,thats awesome you found a gift your Dad really
liked! Good for you

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well yesterday it was nice then rain storm here. I facetime my parents and show them the house across the street and say look nice. they are put the sliding on the house. show my parents my garden and said it looks good. Saturday we went to Costco to gets stuff and my husband is think of have little party I think after the 4 of july and some of the people from work. today nothing much just go to the gym later on. my friend olny come out here for a couple of day july 21-24 I don't know if my parents will come out we will see I told my mom and she put it on her calendar.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Morning. Busy weekend here too. Lots of father's (5) over for Father's Day lunch. Made them grill burgers. LOL

That tropical disturbance is here. The humidity is going to skyrocket and sauna weather will prevail YUCK!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Usual day for me. Run at the park, laundry, nap and work.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Spending the week on the third floor working 9-5. It wouldn't be so bad but the person working 10-6 with me this week is incredibly lazy! She only wants to do what she wants to do (which are the easy white cell differentials and those are hard to come by on the third floor because it's a STAT lab for the Chemo patients) and spends the rest of her time playing on the computer at her station. It gets really frustrating because we can get very busy and she'll go through the work we have and only do the easy stuff.

Cathe- It was wicked hot here (or so I was told) but it started pouring buckets a little while ago.

Denise- One of my co-workers on the third floor was upset about the heat and humidity...I told him it was better than snow (he agreed...since he had to sleep in the hospital during on the blizzards since his bus back to New Jersey stopped running).

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Cheryl, I admire your dedication to your running.

Ashley, sounds like your co-worker this week needs to be given some of the harder cases. What would happen if you just handed them to her and told her to do them?

Terry, yes, that is exactly what I am doing. Boss has close to 500 accounts all across the USA. Paperwork was mailed out to all of the clients from the new company and now we have to get the accounts opened up and the assets transferred over as the paperwork comes in to us. Response has been great so we've been very busy. Assets are starting to roll in and the goal is to have all of the accounts moved over by the end of the month. Boss is lucky that his clients are so loyal to him.

Our weather has been very hot too. Lots of heat and humidity and we are already in the mid 70s this early.
No complaints from me.....this is so much better than snow and cold!

Hello to all and have a great day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

I have another day of kid sitting. Casey has a class out of town.

We had way too much rain last night. Our gauge said 4 inches. Parts of Rockford got more. There was flash flooding. TV showed a dramatic rescue of an old man from his car.

Gotta go. Have a nice day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

JCI since I have a dr apt in an hour. BBL....

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Abby0317

hello good morning

well today had to go drop my car off to have them check the windows on my car seen they are not rolling down. we went to a guy that my husband knows that done some work on are old grey car that we had. plus it be cheaper then take to the dealer ship. so we drop my car off and then my husband had to get blood at the hospital to see how his liver is with all the meds he take then drop him off at work and I am drive the truck. I have to go pick him up around 6 pm. so I am going to the gym later on. today look nice still little cloudy but no more rain. I am want my warm weather. tomorrow have to go take dogs to the groomers to get there hair cut they both need and nail trim.

cathe- have fun watch the kids.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Ran, slept, Zeke’s first birthday party is at 6:30.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Still on the third floor...it was slower today than it was yesterday which was strange. Usually Mondays and Fridays are the slowest down there (Wednesdays and Thursdays are the busiest...Thursday is usually wicked because that's the day they do the most chemo patients) but today was slow. I spent most of my downtime trying to figure out which ceremonies I wanted to use for Girl Scout patch ceremony on Friday...I figured that counted as multitasking LOL!

Anna- I actually did that to her today. She wanted to sit at the computer and let me run the machines so I kept handing her the harder slides and she kept passing them off to the third tech in the room!

Cathe- We're supposed to have some wicked thunderstorms tomorrow...of course I'm off tomorrow LOL! It always rains on my day off!

Cheryl- Did the party go well?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

We sure have had a lot of rain! Thus flash floods. Rockford was mentioned on the national news because of the flooding. Since they were flash floods I think most or all have subsided. Of course there are a lot of people with water in their basements. Thank heavens we put in drain tile and sump pumps many years ago.

Cheryl- Zeke looked so cute with his smash cake on fb.
I wonder who ever thought of that smash cake idea.
Ever since i read about the little girl who chocked and died because she stuffed too much in her mouth and throat ---they make me nervous.

I took the kids to see the Incredible yesterday. I didn't like it. There weren't enough funny parts with the Dad babysitting. It was violent and they used the word "[email protected]" once and I think there was one other swear word, but it happened so fast, I thought "did they just say that?" If I knew the right executive to write I would!

Danielle- is this the new car that the windows aren't working right?

Terry- hope the dr. appointment went well.

Ashley- good for you for handling the other tech who won't work hard. LOL

It looks like rain. Rum is supposed to golf.
I'm going to go meet up with my bff Carole. She needs shoes.
I'm going to a SU card making session tonight.
Have a nice day.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Raining but no flooding in our area that I know of.
We did have a 10 foot alligator a few blocks from us! What?!!

Still writing lesson plans for Cooper. I'm making K4 fun. He will like it, games, projects, etc.

Mom was diagnosed with COPD in Monday. Oxygen required. They are to deliver equipment today. Sigh, she sure doesn't want to use it but her Blood ox level dropped to 80 walking around an exam room. That explains the dizziness.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - So sorry about your mom. COPD is no fun. I take care of lots of those patients.

Ashley - The party was fun.

I ran at the park, laundry, dishes and getting ready for a nap before work.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Pocket letter I made for a swap:

Beach theme PL for Gerry By Cdjohnson

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello there

cathe- no it is my car that I drive that the windows won't work. so hope I can get my car later today.

so today had to go drop the dogs at the groomers and then went to my husband work and pick him up seen he need the turck to do some stuff. so he took me home. he pick me up when the dogs are ready to be pick up and drop him off at work and I go to the groomers to get the dogs. well today is a nice day here the sun is out and we are going to be get warm weather here. I vacuum today seen the dogs are not here and a lot of dog hairs.

hope everyone has a nice wedensday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hi Ladies: had a day filled with grocery shopping today. Exhausting. Steve took our trailer in to get the new steps put in and to fix a water leak. That comes back tomorrow. Dr said I have GERD and one of the major things I have to do is lose weight and stop eating chocolate, which has a chemical in it that sets off the gagging & reflux. So I really do have to get serious about dropping pounds which starts with no more snacks at night. Getting older isn't for sissies!!

Boy Cathe, I saw today photos from the baseball size hail in CO along with a few tornadoes. Jody says the rain in NH is horrid, and now flash floods in your area---and we are hot and clear for a few days. Crazy weather!
Ashley that woman needs a lesson in "do your own work"! Why didn't the third tech hand the slides back to her?
Anna: I hope this transition doesn't wear you out! That's a lot of work!!
Denise: I'm sorry your mom has COPD. Mine did too and it got to where she didn't want to go anywhere because she felt people looked at her funny due to the oxygen tank. I felt so bad for her!
Danielle: the warm weather is headed your way!
Cheryl: how was the party?

See ya'all tomorrow!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Abby0317

Hi! I was off today (because I worked last weekend) so I got most of the stuff I needed to do for Girl Scout Patch Ceremony on Friday done today. The only thing I didn't get done was actually pack patches into containers for my Daisies but I'll do that tomorrow when I get home from the lab. We just got our last set of patches today anyway so I had to sort them for the other leaders and get in touch with them so they could come and pick them up.

Cathe- My friend and I are going to see "Incredibles 2" over the weekend...but I heard from a lot of the Scout parents last week about the language and the fact the movie itself was "headache inducing."

Denise- My dad has COPD. He has a big compressor at home (he got a new one a bit back and it's much quieter than his old one) and he has a portable compressor for when he's out. He use to be on tank oxygen but the company he was getting his tanks from went out of business so he got a portable compressor instead. He says he likes it better than the tanks but he always forgets to charge it!

Terry- The third tech didn't hand the slides back because she was more interested in finishing the day's work than dealing with this woman.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

I have spent the last two days in the hospital with Bucky. He was admitted to the hospital from work on Tuesday morning with a possible heart attack. Thankfully, it wasn't, but still not sure what happened. BP was over 200 and heart rate was only 42. Put him on more meds and bp has come down but heart rate is still too low. Pace maker has been mentioned. But going to see how he does on this new med first. As if my life wasn't stressful enough.... now I have three $5,000 deductibles to pay for! I am ready to just give up and crawl in a hole and never come out!!!!!

Hope you all have a good day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Oh Anna!!!! OMGosh, you and Bucky certainly didn't need any medical issues!!! I sure hope and pray that the medicines can take care of his problem and he won't need a pacemaker. Three deductibles for $5.000 each? That's a lot. I hope that is your max out of pocket!!
Was this amount due to you loosing your health insurance at work?

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Terry- Sorry about your diagnosis, but at least it is treatable and not life threatening. Good luck!!!
Does the doctor leave the type of diet up to you or will you see a nutritionist?

Ashley- It's so nice you give your time to the Girl Scouts.
There is a warning sign about seeing the movie the Incredibles. If someone is prone to seizures they should not see the movie.

Yes, we are very wet here in Illinois.
It is raining now. ........not hard, just drizzling.
it hasn't seemed like summer.
I hope it gets all straightened out by the time we go camping in July.

Have a good day everyone!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Denise- I finally got into your gallery to leave some love.
I love so many of the elements you put in you Layouts. At first I didn't catch the fiber on the Bookworm LO. I saved it to my favs so I can remember to do that in the future.
What was it that you used?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Ashley and Terry, mom.got a portable concentrater and a large in home one. Its noisy for sure. Mom.is NOT happy about it all.

Terry, sorry about the GERD, no chocolate? Ack

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to rockmom

hello and good morning

sorry to hear about the ann about your husband hope he dose alright. you and Bucky certainly didn't need any medical issues!!

terry- Sorry about your diagnosis, the chocolate thing sound hard to not eat any more. good luck with it.

well this morning drop my husband off wherre the car is and he pick it up and head to work with my car to get my sealtel radio to work seen the guy is come to his work that sell the radio at his work. so i have the turck again. i get little nervuse drive the truck with my husband i don't know why but i j ust do. well i go to the gym later on. i think i might mow the lawn today. the dogs look all nice now and groom . today going to be a hot day here.

hope everyone has a nice thrusday

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Anna - oh dear!! I hope the meds work for your DH. Yikes on the deductibles!!!

Terry - Hope you can control it with diet.

Cathe - I am not sure if I really want to go see Incredibles 2 now.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Merry and bright By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Play By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! One more day at the lab and then I'm off for a week. I don't have any super vacation plans other than just to sit and read LOL! I just have to get past tomorrow which, in theory, shouldn't be so bad. Fridays on the third floor are usually slow but random. It's a bit of a mixed bag day...we think it's all the people who didn't make their appointments during the week so we see a little of everything.

Anna- Oh my fishsticks! I'm sorry to hear about your husband! I hope he's feeling better!

Cathe- I've been a Girl Scout for what seems like forever. I was a Scout and now I'm a leader. We've had some issues this year with our other leaders though and that's always a bit disheartening.

Denise- My dad's at home concentrator is quieter than his last one. When he got this one, we were all shocked LOL!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!!

Anna- hope Bucky is feeling better.

Cheryl- Cute new Layouts.

Ashley- hope today went ok at work and you can enjoy your week off.

Yesterday after I wrote that it was just drizzling out---the skies opened up and it rained hard and kept it up. Our gauge said 5 inches, but the news reported less. They did say totals varied. My poor flowers are drowning.

Today I need to go downtown to a specialty store. I'm getting my SIL, Rose a Rockford Peaches t-shirt for her birthday. "Downtown" is coming back after years of no one going there. I bet it's been a no mans land for 40 years. Doug was a baby when the big, department store closed.
Rockford Peaches were an all women's baseball team started during WWII---Think of the movie League of their Own.

Have a nice day everyone!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Good morning!! I am going to the park for my run and then after I shower need to run some errands.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

Anna- hope Bucky is feeling better.

well another nice day here hot here. well I am going to the gym later on and I think I am going to mow the lawn today. well I am doing some layouts of my dogs get groom. need clean the kitchen today. well Sunday is the grand open for home goods in are big city here. I am not going because I don't need anything . but I love that place and happy that they open one out here.

hope everyone has a nice Friday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Hi Ladies--- been cleaning floors and paying doctor bills! It's so hard to punish old dogs for not being able to control their bladder at night. Abby is the culprit and I do feel for her.

Anna: Holy cow! I am so sorry to hear about Buckey and sure do hope he's better today! What a scary thing to go thru!! Hope you are doing ok during this. I know that the medical costs are ridiculous (I just spent $1900 on 3 insulins for 3 months!!!) Hope it all gets better---hugggsss!
Ashley: Since vacation is next week you should make plans to take a day to do something cool! If it were me, I would go to the Guggenheim museum or something like it.
Cathe: thanks for the heads up! I just bought a die from SimonSays so my scrapping $$ are spent. (also bought 2 shirts and some makeup so I think I should stop!) I do remember the movie and the Rockford Peaches! What great ladies they were and to remember them now is awesome.
Cheryl: Cute LOs!!! I do need to wrap my head around diet things. I have given up the chocolate and I'm down to 1 small nighttime snack now. I have to take this in steps or I'll never do it.
Danielle: Why won't your windows roll up/down? Enjoy the warm weather!
Denise: How many lesson plans do you have to do? Will they hold over for Emmett too? How's your mom doing with her oxygen?

I am one proud grandma right now. A little brag: Emma made the President's Honor Award with a 3.98 GPA plus she got another award/medal for so physically fit.

Working on laundry and some projects so need to get going!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Stoppin ' in to see who is here.

Sure with Jeannie and Katy would come back.
Our numbers have dwindled.

Danielle- I love Home Goods. I love looking there even if I don't need anything, Usually I find find something. LOL I often check for toys for the grandkids and great nieces and nephews at Christmas.

It stopped raining for a few hours, but looks like it is ready to pour. I had Rum take me downtown to pick up that t-shirt for Rose. It's cute. I need to give her something else though. Hmmm--need it tomorrow.

I finished up a LO and guess I'll go start another.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

I ran at the park, went to Academy Sports to buy my “anniversary gift”, grocery, mowed the yard and cooked supper. I need to start a load of laundry.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

I am in a better place today. During my last post I was feeling pretty ticked off and upset. Bucky went back to the doctor yesterday. He now has a major sinus infection and gout. What a combo! BP is still running higher than it should be. Hopefully all of his meds will soon kick in and he will fill much better in a day or so. I read online that gout can be triggered by high blood pressure so we are assuming that is what caused it. He's never had it before.

Cathe, we have had three deductibles to meet because I lost my insurance during the company change. We each had a $5,000 deductible on my insurance which was met thanks to his stress test and my surgery. Then when the boss changed companies, I lost our insurance because the new company does not offer health insurance. Bucky was able to get us health insurance thru his work place and we have to start all over on $5,000 deductibles. So this week's hospital stay was under the new insurance. We have never faced so much out of pocket medical expense before. Now to figure out how to get it all paid off by the end of the year before the new deductibles start all over in 2019!

Terry, so sorry you are dealing with GERD. I wish I could give up chocolate! I've never been a night time snacker...I guess because I graze so much during the day!!! What kind of pretty die did you buy? After this week's medical expenses, my scrap spending is over with for a good while!

Cheryl, how is Karol doing?

Cathe, are you still getting lots of rain?

Ashley, what's it like up you way?

Danielle, eating fresh veggies yet?

Denise, how's your mother doing?

Hope you all have a great day!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Anna C

Hubby is training dogs and I need to do some light cleaning since we are having a late Father's Day dinner here with Danny et al. Didn't get to sleep until 3am---one of those nights!

Anna: We went thru that double deductible thing last year after he retired. As long as you pay something on the bill the hosp won't or can't do anything! Plus most of them will make payment arrangements too. I've cashed in stock to pay off huge bills like that. Gout---I know with Dad & Danny both alcohol sets it off especially beer. I hope it was just a one time thing for Bucky!!! The die I just bought yesterday is over at SimonSays and is called sssd111823 Sending Sunshine. I must have bought the last one in stock you can still see it. It's a full card page die. Plus my Altenew tree stamp/die got here too.

Cathe: are you growing webbed feet like we have in the Pacific NW? tehehe…..

Does anyone else want to make cards but not send them because you know that all your artwork & effort will go into the trash by the end of the day?

Hi to all...have a great weekend!!!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Grandkids are here today. It is our anniversary and will go out to eat this evening.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Anna- Insurance Sometimes it doesn't seem like it should be called "insurance" for the little insurance/assurance we get from it. --if that made sense. I figured the three deductibles were due to the job change. It sure doesn't seem fair.
Is it not hard to scowl at your boss for changing the job situation.
I think I've forgotten why he did this.
.......... at least you have a nice stash of supplies to make some cards.

Terry- I hate to think of the cards i made getting tossed. Yet, I know some people don't keep their cards. I mainly make cards because the ones in the card stores have gotten so expensive. So if they get tossed so be it. Our son, Doug thinks cards are such a big waste of money. When I make him a birthday card, I ask for it back to send to another guy relative. I often will do that-----put the sentiment on white cardstock and be sure I sign my name there so that I can remove the cardstock and reuse the card.

Yep, I have webbed feet now.
Fortunately the rain has stopped. Yesterday was nice and today is going to be also.

Cheryl- What anniversary gift did you buy yourself? running shoes? Good for you.

I have no plans for today!!! YHEA!!!!

Have a nice day.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Cathe - I bought 2 pair of running socks, 2 running bras, and a running visor.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!! Got up early to go run but it is pouring down rain. Guess I will do laundry. Grandkids coming at 10:30

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to cdjohnson

hello and good morning

well I did some layouts this weekend of the dogs. I have to take pic of them later on. today nothing much going on here go to the gym later on. it going to be a hot one here in the 90's . I am getting tomatoes they are little right now. yesterday we went in to the big city here and went to the bank and went to home goods grand opening. I love home goods but nothing I need. I been try to find pillows for the family room . I am look for brown and grey ones that will look good on my couch but haven't seen any.

hope everyone has a nice Monday

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Good morning!!

Cheryl- sorry about the rain, the kids won't be able to go outside. Hope it clears up.

Danielle- Maybe brown accents will come out in the fall. Designers sure didn't make things in the brown line lately.
Does your couch have both gray and brown in it?

Yesterday was a nice day all around. I didn't have to go to the store after church!!
I got some scrapping in before the kids came for dinner.
Van and I went swimming as it was hot out and I heated the water to 84. Then we sat and chatted with the others at the patio table. Dinner was easy. The white meat chicken was delicious and not tough. (I'm a white meat person, but it's been so tough lately). Just a nice day.

Guess today I'd better do some cleaning.

Have a nice day.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

JCI....nothing going on here either. We did get back to the gym after a 6 wk hiatus. There's going to be some soreness tomorrow!
Have a great day!

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

• scrappin 2 Said:
Good morning!!

Cheryl- sorry about the rain, the kids won't be able to go outside. Hope it clears up.

Danielle- Maybe brown accents will come out in the fall. Designers sure didn't make things in the brown line lately.
Does your couch have both gray and brown in it?

Yesterday was a nice day all around. I didn't have to go to the store after church!!
I got some scrapping in before the kids came for dinner.
Van and I went swimming as it was hot out and I heated the water to 84. Then we sat and chatted with the others at the patio table. Dinner was easy. The white meat chicken was delicious and not tough. (I'm a white meat person, but it's been so tough lately). Just a nice day.

Guess today I'd better do some cleaning.

Have a nice day.

no the couch is brown but the house has grey and I have grey curtains. the baseboards in the family room is lite grey.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Grandkids are napping just thought I would stop in. I did some meal prepping this morning and laundry. Zeke crawls everywhere so I have to keep a sharp eye on him because he will put anything in his mouth. Zoey forgets he doesn’t need her smaller toys.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Here are the projects that I worked on while in Sedalia MO. Finally got the time to do this:
Julie Nutting Doll Stamp By Abby0317

Julie Nutting Doll By Abby0317

Emma's Digi Doll By Abby0317

Witch-- By Abby0317

Thanks for looking!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

no title By Scrappin 2

Family By Scrappin 2

Two Los of my Great niece's 1st birthday party.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 06-25-18 02:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Terry- nice coloring and shading on the dolls! It's nice you took some supplies with you to Sedalia.
That reminds me, when Casey was expecting Rayn I took scrapbooking papers and embellies with me camping. One day I sat in the pop up and scrapped. It was such an enjoyable moment, until the wind picked up. LOL Even tho I was inside the sides were all zipped down. That was 14 years ago!

Cheryl- yep, you'll be extra busy watching Zeke! It's such a cute stage though.

I worked hard today. I cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed. I did two loads of wash. I did finally get a walk in with the neighbor. Then I tried tackling cleaning out the storage container on the deck that holds the deflated pool toys. Some haven't been out of that box for years. I knew one big one had a leak and threw it out. Of course I couldn't find the right pin to go in the compressor to pump up the smaller floats. If they leak I want them out of here!! A couple are baby floats, now why in the world do I still have those???

Have a good evening. I'm looking forward to watching The Bachelorette---dumb I know, but I watch it anyway. Don't judge

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

JCI I am exhausted

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Went to The Met today with my mom and sister...they wanted to see the first two parts of the exhibit that's housed there based on the religious themed clothes from The Met Gala earlier this year (the third part is at this museum in the Bronx called The Cloisters...not sure how we're going to get there to see that part). I was kind of disappointed in the exhibit because the clothes they had weren't the same clothes from The Met Gala...they were different outfits inspired by the outfits worn at The Met Gala and from religious venues in general.

Cathe- Sounds like you did a lot of cleaning. My mom's currently obsessed with cleaning since my grandmother's away for the week.

Cheryl- Sounds like you have your hands full with the kidlets!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Ashley- when I saw the photos on fb I wasn't sure where you were. It sounds like a fun exhibit.
Where's Grandma?

Cheryl- I bet you are exhausted!

An early morning thunderstorm woke me up. It was about 6:00.
So now I'm up and wide awake. I haven't planned anything yet.
I did throw sheets into the washer. They are going to go on the camper bed. Which reminds me that I need a mattress pad.

I hope to scrap or make some cards.
Have a nice day.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

Terry- nice coloring and shading on the dolls!

well today going to the gym later on. I need to start ride my bike with the dogs. it going to be a hot day here again. I need take a pic of my dog layouts.

hope everyone has a nice Tuesday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

I've been up since 4:30 AM due to little Abby who was crying to go out. Her system is in a turmoil and by 5AM she was still outside while I had cleaned her mess inside. Dog poo, doing dishes, & I haven't yet had a cup of coffee? Unthinkable!
Thank you for the sweet comments!

Anna: How's Bucky? and YOU? Have you gotten all the accounts converted over yet?
Ashley: How awesome to get to see those kinds of exhibits & museums! Even tho they weren't the real outfits it had to have been stunning display. I wonder if the real outfits go back to the designers? Where did Grandma go?
Cathe: I agree---I had a calm & fun day in the camper doing those. Plus I was cool and comfy when outside was 90+ deg and the humidity was awful. Love your 2 pg LO! I do love my Copics!
Cheryl: aren't little ones exhausting? I used to sit in the kitchen chair watching Austin beat on cookie sheets & pots with the wooden or plastic spoons I gave him. At least he stayed in one spot---although I had a headache after most of those sessions!
Danielle: Do you have a mountain bike? I ride the recumbent bikes at the gym before I work on the machines---gets a good heart rate going.
Denise: I pinned a couple of "templates" for some LOs. Actually went to this lady's etsy site & bought 2 just to see. I don't want the digi ones so I'll print them out and cut the paper to the template. I'm telling you this in case you might want some ideas.

Steve wants to go to the fabric store so I can sew him some "container packages" for these training devices call wingers. It will be like sewing a 5 ft tall pillow case out of denier nylon. Oh fun....not!
Best get ready!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

Terry - Sewing those do not sound like fun. I am now a sewing person!!

Cathe - Hope you get to scrap.

I ran at the park this morning before the storms started. I have to work tonight.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hello, girls are coming to spend some time with us. Excited. Going to be out and about with them so I might be AWOL starting Thursday.

Terry, those dolls are all kinds of awesomeness.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to rockmom

Hi! Today...well, I started off going to get a new iPad (mine is about 10 years old) but I changed my mind and decided to get a Microsoft Surface instead since I'm more of a Windows person. Plus, it's compatible with the writing program I use so that makes things a lot easier. Before, when I was able to use my iPad as more than a glorified alarm clock, I had to e-mail myself whatever I wrote. Now I can just use flash drives LOL!

Cathe- My grandmother went upstate to a resort with a bunch of senior citizens and her bestie Madge.

Terry- That kind of sewing doesn't sound like fun at all. I don't sew so I could be wrong LOL!

Cheryl- Good luck at work!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Ashley- enjoy your new toy. It sounds fabulous.
It's nice your Grandma went away with friends. I don't recall that she has ever gone away as long as I have known you.

Terry- sewing----Is denier nylon that kind of slinky material like the fold up chairs are stored in?
I saw your save on Pinterst. I'm going to have to take another look.

Cheryl- I was pinning away last night since you were at work. LOL

Danielle-stay cool. The heat is headed our way.

Denise- I can hardly wait to see the girls in your photoshoots.You pick the most awesome backgrounds and those girls are beauties. I really wish I could come take lessons from you.
Your time with the girls is precious, so we'll excuse your absence. LOL I'll be looking for them on fb.

The last two days I have tackled housey projects. Yesterday I moved my fall/winter shoes and boots to the spare closet in the computer room. But first I had to get rid of some of the stuff on THAT shelf. Now what to do with that!
DH saved binders from work. I did talk him into getting rid of some a couple of years ago. I am keeping 4 and 4 are going...............and his old briefcase, is going. Then I think "it's the perfect Harry Potter case" Maybe i should save it for Halloween. Then my brain screams NO!!!! LOL

We're needing a new grill for camping. Rum agrees. He doesn't want one like our old one. So the hunt begins.

Have a good day everyone.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well another hot day here. I talk to my mom yesterday after she saw the cabbage pic that I took of the one I pick and say look big. so my mom was tell me some recipe to make with them. Are cherry I think are done I took one off the tree and taste good. are garden doing good . well today I am going to the gym later on.

hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning! Yesterday was not a good day as it turned out. Ate Taco Bell for lunch and 2 hrs later I was sick sick sick. I'm still having intestinal cramps. Food poisoning is not a good way to spend the day & night.

Cathe: I should follow you and get rid of stuff. I have 2 sizes of clothing in the closet and shoes I can no longer wear after the foot surgery, and all this doesn't address Steve's clothes! Which save on P? I did a lot of saving the other day---hehehe. Yes it is. Slinky on the back side but a heavy weighted tougher than denim fabric.
Cheryl: whatcha sewing? I've sewed since I was 10 as Mom wanted me to be able to make clothes that I wanted. She was a fantastic seamstress and a great teacher.
Danielle: Holy cow that cabbage was huge! Very cool....
Denise: How awesome the girls are coming. And like Cathe said you always have the greatest photo shoots! Also been giggling over those cute letters you are pinning!

Hope y'all have a great day....I'm going to look for a heating pad and sit this one out.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Danielle, nice huge cabbage. And cherries, yum.

Ugh, those sound HARD to sew Terry.

Yes, get rid of it. I'm in a purge mode too Cathe.

Cheryl. How's the hubby doing ?

Anna, how are you two.

Ashley, fun a new toy!

Terry, those letter pins are for Coopers preschool. I am having him.learn to color, cut and glue. He already knows the alphabet and most sounds. We will sail thru that and move on to counting to 100 (he counts to 20) so that wont be too hard and letter blends and sight words like "a" "and" "the." Then we will sound out words. He knows the short sound the vowels make so he will learn long sound vowels. This is K4. He should be reading when er are finished. He is so excited and wants to start today. Uh nope, not ready yet.. I'm working on a 170 lesson plan. Think we will spend an hour up to 2 a day. If he demonstrates mastery we will skip forward. That's part of the beauty of homeschool it can be adjusted to the individual.

2 bathrooms clean, 2 more to go. Beds laundered and made for the girls. Need to vacuum...again. also need to order 3 birthday gifts for this month -mom, Courtney and my daughter in law Lindsey. Oh, and we are out of handicap, how did that happen? I usually buy 4 refills each time. Guess I want paying attention when I refilled the dispensers. Lol

You can be sure there will be photos.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Denise - Karyol is doing ok.

Terry - I don’t sew. I don’t know what I said to make you think I did. Lol

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

I! Just came back from seeing "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" with my mom and sister. It was actually really, really sad...sadder than I expected it to be for a movie from the "Jurassic Park"/"Jurassic World" series. The science was, as expected, of questionable standing but I think I'm the only person in the theater who was sitting there concerned about how the science did (or, in some cases) did not work LOL!

Cathe- My grandmother turned 90 in March and, suddenly, she wants to go away for long weekends or more with her senior friends! She has more fun some days than I do!

Terry- Food poisoning is the worst! I've had it a few times and it's pretty much me wishing for death because that has to be better than the food poisoning.

Denise- I sat for a while today, because it was an icky day here, setting up my Surface. The guy at Best Buy made it seem like it was going to be super difficult but it wasn't hard at all as long as you followed directions. The hardest part was trying to figure out why I couldn't get iTunes to load (had to use it as an app instead of just downloading it like on my desktop).

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Hello ladies!

All caught up on love and have read the chatter....just not a lot of free time right now to chat. Still working long hours and have about 150 accounts to go. Hopefully by mid July this process can be wrapped up and things will settle down. Bucky's bp is still up and he goes back to the dr on Friday.

I haven't been in my scrap room since late May. I am ready to return. Just remembered I didn't post any of the cards I made while I was off...need to do that.

I hope everyone is well. Have a great day!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!

Terry- Did you call Taco Bell or the health dept?
Hope you are all better by today.

Ashley- it's cute how you were trying to figure out the Scientific part. --you being in that business and all.

Denise- Cooper sounds like a bright little guy. It's wonderful that he wants to learn to read.

Danielle- holy cow that was a big cabbage!

Anna-yes, do show us your cards!

Cheryl- I don't like to sew either.

Mom taught me to sew. I never liked anything i made. So I gave it up. She made me two cute polyester pants and jacket sets in the 80's. I could wear them to school. I know I have a photo of me in the red one, somewhere. Maybe I'll look for it today.
I didn't teach Casey to sew, but she took it up. Must be one of those skills that skips a generation. LOL

Gee we haven't heard from Andrea in ages, let alone Katy and Jeannie. I miss them.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well another nice day here. well today going to mow the lawn and look at are camping stuff seen this weekend we are going to go camping. I need to go to the store and get a few things. well I pick all of are cherry from are tree. I try one out and had my husband try one to see what he thinks. well go to the gym later on I need go to walgreens to buy some mosquito spray like off seen they are say that virus is around.

terry- hope you feel better I don't really like Taco Bell.

hope everyone has a great thursday

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Hi Ladies: Still not feeling up to par but at least I can eat and keep it down. That means I'm also not getting anything done!

Anna: So much on your plate right now! How about a hug? Can't wait to see your cards! Is Bucky on BP meds or was he before the incident? Hope its getting better for you both.
Ashley: With the 3 men in my life being techno geeks and movie critics I hear all of the critiques about how that couldn't happen or the movie sucked or stuff like that. I just want entertainment! Hope Grandma is enjoying herself! We have a surface and I love it. Had no problem setting it up at all and it's really in 2 parts ---his and mine. I even loaded Photoshop Elements so I could work on test photos in MO. Enjoy it!!!
Cathe: You've made me look at my closets yesterday and realize that instead of throwing stuff out I just buy new hangers! Got to purge!!!
Cheryl: On page 9 here it is:
  • Quote:
Terry - Sewing those do not sound like fun. I am now a sewing person!!

I thought you meant you did sew!!!

Danielle...enjoy the camping trip! Those cherries look like the Bing variety---very yummy
Denise: I thought you were using the letters for learning the alphabet. Cool ideas!!! It sounds like he's gungho for learning and that's always good!!

Missing Andrea, Katy & Jeannie too!!! Come back......

Edited by Abby0317 on 06-28-18 08:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

no title By Scrappin 2

Happy Birthday By Scrappin 2

Two cards from me. I love the versatility of this stamp set.
It takes me longer to make a card than a LO.

Edited by scrappin 2 on 06-28-18 12:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

Terry- I bet Cheryl meant to type not instead of now.
But she can tell us. LOL
Glad you are a bit better.

I didn't get anything done today except make two cards and watch Four Weddings. It's 3:02. Guess I could still accomplish something.

Had to chase a nice fat ground hog out of my flowers.
He lives under our deck.
I won't let Rum kill him..........I really don't think he could.
Our friend has a trap. That way we can release him safely somewhere. His cushy life will be over but he will live to see another day. Hope it's not a "She" and their are babies. One year we did have baby ground hogs, but that was a long time ago.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson

Terry - I should read my posts better. It was supposed to say NOT. My grandmother was an excellent seamstress. She made my wedding dress just by drawing a picture of things I liked from several different dresses and making into my own one of a kind dress. My sister wore it when she got married.

I have been in meetings all day. I plan to scrap tonight.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Kentucky Tag By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Mini pocket letter By Cdjohnson

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

Hi! Went to the Central Park Zoo with my mom today...half because we like going to the zoo and half because we were curious about a Scout program we heard they run. Sadly we couldn't find the education department (no one knew where it was) to ask them about it since we want to include it in Girl Scouts next year as a trip (it's a three hour zoo tour that you do in your pajamas after the zoo closes). We did manage to get a phone number so, I guess, that's better than nothing.

Cathe- I actually got into science because of the first "Jurassic Park" movie...I decided I wanted to clone dinosaurs so I got into science. I am NOT cloning dinosaurs though LOL!

Terry- I try to limit my critques to the big, glaring mistakes...like they still haven't given dinosaurs feathers even though they're supposed to have feathers and not scales.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DNA301

Happy Friday Ladies!

Ashley, enjoy your new iPad. Hope Grandma is enjoying her time away.

Cathe, your cards are FABULOUS! I love that stamp set. On the one with the no title, what die did you use to create the wavy overlay?

Cheryl, wonderful tag and pocket letter.

Danielle, looks like reaping the “fruits” of your labor! Enjoy all those fresh goodies! Have fun camping!

Denise, how is your mother doing?

Terry, are you feeling better today? Thanks for the hug. No bp meds for Bucky yet. He was prescribed something while in the hospital but our local dr did not recommend it because of his past problems with bp meds. He is going to the dr today but last night it was down in the 140s. When he had his heart attack, the cardiologist told me to get him to the ER if it got over 160 which it has been running over 160 most of this week. And he had really tough time with the bp meds after his heart attack. The dr could never get the right dosage and finally just took him off of it when his bp started to stay in the 130s. We have a bp machine but this week I am learning how to do it manually. Last week his dr asked me to learn to do it that way because he feels that is more accurate than the machine. So far they’re both running pretty close.

Gotta get going. Another long day ahead! Hope ya’ll have a good one!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Good morning!
It's going to be a hot one!

Anna- I think that die cut was from Stampin Up, but I couldn't find it in the current catalog or the last one. It is a Sizzix brand. I'll gladly cut you some. what colors would you like?
Gee hope the doctor gets Bucky's bp stabilized. So if it's been running over 160, why didn't he go to the ER?

I'll gladly cut anyone some of those "Waves" if you want them. Just tell me what color.

It was announced on the news last night that Loves Park is getting a Cosco!! I'm so excited. Loves Park and Rockford run together. I bet Sam's isn't happy about hearing that. It won't be done until Aug 2019.

Cheryl- your two new creations are both lovely. I'm drawn to the tag because I've been to Churchill Downs. ...........not at a horse race, but was in the building for a birthday party. We got to see the museum part. I liked standing in the gates, it gave me a different perspective.

Ashley- It's nice you got to do something on your day off. I enjoyed the photos on FB. Hope the phone number pays off. I bet the girls would love to see the zoo at night---in pj's none the less.
I loved teaching about dinosaurs. So interesting! So many unknowns. I'd like to go to the dinosaur museum in Utah. Thank the heavens that no one can clone one! LOL

Stay cool everyone! I think so many of us are going to be in excessive heat.

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317

Morning all---I ventured out to the gym this morning and didn't do too bad. Kept the workout simple and light and no stomach exercises. I do think I'm fine now tho.

Anna: High BP runs in my family so I've been on Metoprolol & lisinipril for 12 yr now. Having surgery tho sends it right up to 200 and then I get anxiety attacks. I would think 130 is good since that is now my normal too. I hope they can find something that works for him!
Ashley: How fun to spend time at the zoo. One of bucket list things is do to the Zoo Lights at Christmas, which of course is at night. Loved your photos!

Cathe: I would like to know what die that is too. Very Cool! Loved both of your cards!!
Cheryl: Isn't it funny how 1 letter can change the whole meaning of a sentence! That is very cool that your grandmother could sew like that. Wedding dresses are in a whole world by themselves and I would not attempt one. What a memory tho for you!
Danielle: How's the rest of the produce coming along?
Denise: HI!!!

I have to go back to the fabric store today because I didn't get enough fabric to do the side panels and the piping. Poo....!

Abby0317
Governor
Abby0317
In response to Abby0317

PS....I just found the die. It is from Stampin UP and called Striped Scallop Thinlit die.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to Abby0317

I have been in boring meetings all day. Trying to decide whether to just veg out on the couch and read or scrap.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to cdjohnson

HI! Today was the last day of Girl Scouts and we had a big BBQ to end the year. We didn't have very many kids (in our area, kids are shipped off to summer camps or to relatives' homes as soon as school ends) but the kids who did come had fun running around. There were quite a few who were upset that they had to wait "all the way for school to come back" for Girl Scouts to start again. I don't blame them...I enjoy doing Girl Scouts LOL! I've already started planning for next year!

Anna- Good luck with the blood pressure situation.

Cathe- We told the other leaders tonight about us exploring this zoo trip and they were more excited than their kids about going LOL!

Terry- I'm trying to figure out how to get to the Bronx Zoo (which is the biggest of the city zoos) because they have a thing where you can meet one of their "Ambassador Penguins" and it's been a dream of mine since I was a kid to meet a penguin.

Cheryl- Sorry about the boring meetings!

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Terry- Glad you are feeling better!
That die cut is no longer available.
I would gladly cut you some.
and/or I can see if anyone has one they'd like to sell.

Anna- I'll be glad to cut you some too.

Ashley- Oh it's be fun to "meet" a penguin.
I'd like to swim with the dolphins.

Rayn's CYT performance was really good. It amazed me how many dances they learned in 4 days. However, it was so hot in the chapel I thought I was going to have to leave. We went up to the balcony because we thought Oakley and Kian could see better. The chapel was pretty large for a chapel. The camp was held a Judson college. It's a beautiful small school--Baptist I believe. I guess it has also been held at the Benedictine college and it has a better venue.
Rayn had a great time--her first away from home.
Only I was so embarrassed --my cell phone went off! I DID turn it off, but with a half hour wait, Casey let the boys play games on the phones. I turned the sound back on for Oakley and forgot to turn it off. I think my DD is irked with me. Oh well, I just told her old ladies do things. LOL

I have that birthday party to go to today for the lady from church.(Hazel)
It is so hot though. I hope there is a breeze. She's turning 90.
I can't take this heat! I don't know how she is with it.

Denise- I bet you're having a great time with the girls.

Cheryl- don't work too hard this weekend!

Hello Danielle!

Where is Andrea?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Daughters took the kids to the park, They are having a 4th of July party, with blow up bounce houses, snow cones, a splash pad, etc.

Tonight we have a birthday party/4th of July party with some friends. That should be fun.

Ive been busy cooking. These granddaughters can eat more food than an adult and they are so skinny. Think I will take this opportunity to scrap some.

Mom is trying to adjust to the oxygen. She doesn't really like it but uses it except at night. I don't fuss at her, she is grown and knows the consequences. She really doesn't feel good most of the time. Its sad to see her so down.

Were any of you affected by the internet outage? We were not at home but DD's work was out. Really annoying.

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to rockmom

Off to work

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Denise- Don't we all wish we could eat and eat and be skinny.
It's nice you had a break and could find a moment to scrap.
Yes, I was affected by the internet outage. I couldn't get my emails, but Rum could. It was weird. We're on the same server.
Prayers for your mom. You're right she should be able to choose when she wears her oxygen.

I have our 4th of July food figured out. We'll have hamburgers, potato salad, fruit (my sis will bring) dessert (Rose will bring)
our friend Nance will bring something.
What do I have today??? Doug, Charity, Van and Rose will be here. We had chicken last Sunday.

The birthday party for Hazel........my church friend..........was ...............HOT!! There was no breeze and in the 90's. She was excited to see me so that made it worthwhile.
Her friends and family were all friendly and I had many people to talk to. But the heat was stifling. I really thought it was too hot for her to be out.

Have a great day everyone.

scrappin 2
Queen
scrappin 2

https://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/235/...

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics